DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: GratefulDawg Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/18/20 09:46 PM
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/18/20 10:14 PM
Not on here.........again. Getting ticked.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/18/20 10:19 PM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Not on here.........again. Getting ticked.

I'm usually against pirating and such, but I have no problem doing it in this situation. Despite the fact that Browns fans outnumber Lions fans probably 4-1 in this area, we get force fed the Lions over the Browns in scheduling conflicts.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/18/20 10:35 PM
Thanks for this post! Letting friends and club know. If we have anybody left to suit up and play.

Be safe all! thumbsup
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/19/20 01:11 AM
IS there nothing that we can do about this?

I don't think even local Lions fans want to watch them any more. I don't know why a team with 3 wins is bumping a potential playoff contender week after week.

Why aren't these games open for flex schedule? This is getting ridiculous.

Look at how stupidly small the coverage for that game is anyway.
Posted By: Dave Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/19/20 01:21 AM
I would say you all should call your local TV station and use many swear words along with threats to boycott their station programming. Either that or come on over to my house, I have beer and whiskey.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/19/20 01:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
IS there nothing that we can do about this?

I don't think even local Lions fans want to watch them any more. I don't know why a team with 3 wins is bumping a potential playoff contender week after week.

Why aren't these games open for flex schedule? This is getting ridiculous.

Look at how stupidly small the coverage for that game is anyway.

The NFL has strict rules about team viewing areas, and there's nothing the local stations can do about it. It's been worse for us since they removed the blackout rule, where if the game is not sold out, it would not be televised in the viewing area (70 miles or something close to that.) Now all the Lions games are televised in our area, and if they're playing at the same time on the same network as the Browns, we lose.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/19/20 02:03 AM
Get used to letting the powers decide for you. If the govt says you watch Detroit! you watch Detroit!

Have we all been conscious the last month? Individual decisions are extinct!

smile

Drive down to Columbus, we neary ever get Detroit, we get Pittsburgh instead of Cleveland,
but, anyone outside of however long the leash must prepare for 14 day quarantine here, and again 14 more when returning, but,
Woo Hoo, no more thinking just follow the Rules! is what I say.
Posted By: FATE Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/19/20 03:10 AM
Party @ Dave's!
Posted By: highoman Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/19/20 03:38 AM
Use your kids or a friends kid college email and get nfl ticket to stream for $80. No direct tv needed.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/19/20 04:00 AM
The game this past week was streaming for free on the NFL app. I installed it on my phone and was watching in just a matter of minutes.
Posted By: Riffer X Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/22/20 06:02 PM
How come I can't see certain posts like this one? Any ideas?
Posted By: FATE Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/23/20 12:20 AM
Twitter posts can be tricky. Mine will go blank from time to time. The issue is usually resolved with a browser update.
Posted By: Riffer X Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/23/20 02:01 AM
Originally Posted By: FATE
Twitter posts can be tricky. Mine will go blank from time to time. The issue is usually resolved with a browser update.

Gotcha. That makes sense.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/23/20 02:10 AM
The coverage map is a fraud! I got the Atlanta/Saints game. Western MO says I should have gotten Browns. Oh well, ol' Jim on the radio isn't so bad.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/23/20 02:21 AM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
The coverage map is a fraud! I got the Atlanta/Saints game. Western MO says I should have gotten Browns. Oh well, ol' Jim on the radio isn't so bad.

They update the map throughout the week.
Posted By: Riffer X Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/23/20 02:45 AM
Originally Posted By: Riffer X

For whatever reason, Chrome has issues with Twitter on certain boards for me, even with the latest versions. I also tend to have issues with Twitter directly when running my Express VPN.

Everything seems to be working fine in Microsoft Edge.
Posted By: mac Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/23/20 12:41 PM
The coverage map showed our area getting the Browns game only to be switched to the freaking Steelers game on Sunday.

I don't know who to even contact about this crap..who is responsible for making these decisions?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/23/20 12:47 PM

For whatever reason, Chrome has issues with Twitter on certain boards for me, even with the latest versions. I also tend to have issues with Twitter directly when running my Express VPN.

Everything seems to be working fine in Microsoft Edge.

How you doing Rif??
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/24/20 02:37 PM
Originally Posted By: mac
The coverage map showed our area getting the Browns game only to be switched to the freaking Steelers game on Sunday.

I don't know who to even contact about this crap..who is responsible for making these decisions?

I feel your pain bro.
Posted By: mac Re: Coverage Map and Announcers - 11/24/20 03:05 PM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Originally Posted By: mac

I feel your pain bro.

Troop...the most frustrating thing that I run into is finding a way to discuss the situation with someone at the level where these decisions are made.

It seems that there are so many levels I'm being referred to and all of them claim they have no responsibility for the decision that "forced" NW Ohio Browns fans to watch the hated Steelers or the Lions.

I'm never able to talk to those who "are responsible" for the decisions...those who actually decide that football fans in NW Ohio would rather watch the Steelers than our Cleveland Browns.

Last weekend was the worst decision someone made on behalf of the many thousands of Browns fans in our area...showing the "hated Stoolers" instead of the home team in NW Ohio, "the Browns".

Who should I be talking to?...and how do I get the phone number?
© DawgTalkers.net