DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Brownoholic Injury Report - 12/16/20 07:57 PM
Love how Florio tries to add some spice to it at the end. rolleyes

Daniel Jones has a sprained ankle, too

Posted by Mike Florio on December 16, 2020, 2:02 PM EST

The Giants face the Browns in prime time this weekend. Giants quarterback Daniel Jones could be on track to play, despite being injured.

Via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY, Giants coach Joe Judge told reporters on Wednesday that Jones has “another lower leg issue,” in addition to the hamstring injury that caused him to miss a Week 13 win over Seattle. Per multiple reports, the “lower leg issue” is a sprained ankle.

Judge said that Jones didn’t aggravate the hamstring injury in Sunday’s loss to Arizona (our lying eyes suggest otherwise), and Judge explained the decision-making process regarding the question of whether Jones will suit up and play.

“If he can defend himself properly in the pocket, if he’s not at risk beyond any normal game, then we’ll give him the opportunity to play,” Judge said, adding that he hasn’t decided whether Jones or Colt McCoy will play.

Whoever plays, that matchup with have intrigued against Cleveland. The Browns drafted McCoy, and he played there for two years, the only team with which he served as a full-time starter. As to Jones, Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield told GQ last year that the Giants’ decision to make Jones the sixth overall pick in the draft “blows my mind,” because of his losing record in college at Duke.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 12/16/20 08:09 PM
I was expecting worse. That was from Mayfield last year when he rarely missed an opportunity to spout off.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Injury Report - 12/16/20 08:22 PM
Didn't he get taken out of context? I'm honestly asking. I remember him getting ticked at how his comments were taken.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 12/16/20 08:28 PM
Maybe. My point was there is a LOT of material out there.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injury Report - 12/16/20 08:32 PM

#Browns  coach Kevin Stefanski said everyone will practice today except for Andrew Sendejo (concussion) and Wyatt Teller (ankle), adding they'll practice in the field house
Posted By: FATE Re: Injury Report - 12/16/20 09:48 PM
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Didn't he get taken out of context? I'm honestly asking. I remember him getting ticked at how his comments were taken.

Yes, he did. The conversation (in earnest) was about there being no rhyme or reason to the evaluation process. Baker said parts were also omitted from the actual real-time conversation. He apologized to Jones for anything that was misinterpreted and said that he wishes him “nothing but the best” in the NFL.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Injury Report - 12/16/20 09:52 PM
It's weird how the media can't be trusted to simply report the facts. They always have to turn things into a ........well, I'll stop.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Injury Report - 12/16/20 10:00 PM
That drives me nuts. They complain when players and coaches use "coach speak" and just general comments. But as soon as anything that can be slightly controversial about another player, coach or team is mentioned the media run to the subject of the comments to try to stir it up.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Injury Report - 12/16/20 10:30 PM
So Jones is ALSO dealing with an ankle injury according to Adam Schefter on NFL Live.

Edit: Sorry, I missed that tidbit from above post. But two areas?
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 12:11 AM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
So Jones is ALSO dealing with an ankle injury according to Adam Schefter on NFL Live.

Edit: Sorry, I missed that tidbit from above post. But two areas?

Just heard it on local news. I dont think he will play
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 01:28 AM
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 05:46 AM
So ward might be back but Johnson could be out. Figures
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 01:50 PM
Teller being DNP with the ankle (instead of limited, like normal) is a setback or just cautionary?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 01:53 PM

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
#Giants OC Jason Garrett tested positive for COVID-19 and will continue to work remotely. TE coach Freddie Kitchens will be the team’s offensive play caller on Sunday vs the #Browns.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 02:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
#Giants OC Jason Garrett tested positive for COVID-19 and will continue to work remotely. TE coach Freddie Kitchens will be the team’s offensive play caller on Sunday vs the #Browns.

Not sure what we did to deserve this, but thank you, Lord.
Posted By: FATE Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 02:48 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

Not sure what we did to deserve this, but thank you, Lord.

I wouldn't thank anyone just yet. I would rather face a known quantity than a one-off-wild-card. Freddie's spent a lot of time in this league and will have something to prove Sunday night.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 02:57 PM
Yeah, he'll have a chip on his shoulder, for sure. We've also seen how effective he can be when he takes someone else's offense, and simplifies it to conform to the players' strengths.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 04:29 PM
Teller being DNP with the ankle (instead of limited, like normal) is a setback or just cautionary?

It’s a new injury. He was out before due to a calf injury.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 05:07 PM
Yikes. If it's a new ankle injury then that pretty much means he's out this weekend. Ankle injuries for linemen are bad news.
Posted By: FATE Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 05:48 PM
Yikes. If it's a new ankle injury then that pretty much means he's out this weekend. Ankle injuries for linemen are bad news.

Bro, when you have the PEDs dialed in, ankle injuries don't matter!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 06:56 PM
As long as he doesn't get popped for it, I hope he has all the PEDs in the world going. If he gets caught, though, then I reserve the right to claim the moral high ground and denounce him and his usage until he makes a public statement through a third party or social media platform expressing how regretful he is to have let us all down, after which I shall "reluctantly" welcome him and his high performance play back into the fold with renewed trust.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 07:23 PM
I just saw a report that Ward, Hodge, and Hooper all returned to practice today.

link
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 07:28 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I just saw a report that Ward, Hodge, and Hooper all returned to practice today.

link
Hoping Teller can make it a clean sweep
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 08:08 PM
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 08:16 PM
Great news! I would love to field that group, even if for only part of a game. I really hope Teller is there for us. Not just for the team, but for an OL, this is kinda similar to a Cinderella system, at least vaguely similar. He can help us get there this week, at least I hope so.

Unleash. The. Elf! thumbsup
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 08:48 PM
Posted By: chirp30 Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 09:40 PM
Just heard one of their corners was put on the COVID list.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 09:47 PM
Bradberry is a top 3-5 CB
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 12/17/20 10:17 PM
As long as he doesn't get popped for it, I hope he has all the PEDs in the world going. If he gets caught, though, then I reserve the right to claim the moral high ground and denounce him and his usage until he makes a public statement through a third party or social media platform expressing how regretful he is to have let us all down, after which I shall "reluctantly" welcome him and his high performance play back into the fold with renewed trust.

Why do you guys think he is on PED'S?
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Injury Report - 12/18/20 01:28 AM
Originally Posted By: slick
So ward might be back but Johnson could be out. Figures

Trust me Johnson is no loss...LOL! OR Pendejo, Stewart, etc...
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 12/18/20 03:22 AM
I don't, and I don't care if he is.
I think the presumption is based on him being essentially a total scrub last year and now playing like Superman this year. Just one year later and he has gone from zero to hero.
Posted By: FATE Re: Injury Report - 12/18/20 06:56 AM
Originally Posted By: slick

Why do you guys think he is on PED'S?

Mostly just the same joke that has made the rounds all season. Exactly as Purp stated... "zero to hero".

Much better than that was his eloquent description of every Browns fan if it were found to be true. Good stuff. rofl
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Injury Report - 12/18/20 11:54 AM
Man, what was that 90's college football movie with James Caan again? The Program? With the LBer (I think) that was crap one year and came back all "roided out the next season. smile

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 12/18/20 07:20 PM
We will get to see what a Sendejoless looks like.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 12/18/20 07:22 PM
No Teller sucks
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injury Report - 12/18/20 08:19 PM
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injury Report - 12/18/20 08:22 PM
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 12/18/20 08:23 PM
Njoku is new. I thought Hodge and Hooper were playing (?).
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injury Report - 12/18/20 08:25 PM

They are expected to play but officially questionable.
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 12/18/20 08:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

Apparently stefanski wasnt letting on to his bad the ankle injury was or perhaps he aggravated it worse in practice. Either way it's a bummer
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 12/18/20 09:06 PM
Unless it is REALLY bad, I would not expect IR. We will want him available for the playoffs... so, even if he has to sit a week or two now, I do not think we will see him go to IR.

This isn't like previous seasons where we'd just IR a guy at this stage of the season; our season won't be over at the conclusion of Week 17.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Injury Report - 12/18/20 09:27 PM
I saw on Cowherds show that Teller is out for Sundays game. The man that said that, Jason Mcintyre, also predicted the Giants would win.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injury Report - 12/19/20 02:55 AM

Updated. #Browns  DE Myles Garrett still doing breathing treatments 4 weeks after testing positive for COVID-19, warns people to take it seriously.
Garrett trying to get back to normal so he can help defense improve in push toward playoffs.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 12/19/20 10:32 AM
I think I saw that Evan Engram was added to their injury report? He’s a big threat for them, even though he’s inconsistent
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injury Report - 12/19/20 03:34 PM
People have been trying to tell others that the symptoms of Covid can linger in many people long after the virus is gone. The sad part is that people have to see it happen to someone they know or someone like Garrett before they believe it.
Posted By: eotab Re: Injury Report - 12/19/20 03:38 PM

Njoku they said was Precautionary.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injury Report - 12/19/20 06:06 PM
j/c...

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injury Report - 12/19/20 06:18 PM
Get ready for some dinks and some dunks. When Colt McCoy started against the Seahawks, who have a terrible defense, he averaged 4.77 yards per attempt. That is horrible. For comparison, Baker is averaging 7.4 yards per attempt. The lowest qualified player in yards per attempt is Sam Darnold at 5.8 yards per attempt.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 12/19/20 07:01 PM
Basically, go man outside and crowd the line and the first 5 yards; shut down the run, bring pressure, and sit on the quick/short routes.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 12/19/20 08:48 PM
From your mouth to Joe Woods’ ears ... we hope
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injury Report - 12/19/20 09:01 PM
Their WR's aren't all that.... get physical and jam the snot out of them in the first 5 yards; disrupt their timing.

McCoy loves his extended handoffs to RB's behind the LOS. Jam WR's in those first 5 yards and you're still in position to shed the WR and get at the RB in the flat.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 12/20/20 12:54 PM
Giants TE Evan Engram, who suffered a calf injury this week in practice, is expected to catch passes today from QB Colt McCoy, source said. He was listed as questionable.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1340586487776239616
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Injury Report - 12/20/20 03:51 PM
The cushions have been ridiculous. I am for rushing rushers rather than dropping them. Get your hands up. But beating yjem up on the line of scrimmage can help the sack count. Woods can't know otherwise. Let's jam and beat them. Take SOMETHING away like BB denies opponents.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 12/20/20 04:12 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Giants TE Evan Engram, who suffered a calf injury this week in practice, is expected to catch passes today from QB Colt McCoy, source said. He was listed as questionable.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1340586487776239616
well, I hope he catches NONE of them smile
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 12/20/20 04:50 PM
Dolphins will be without Giesicki and Parker and Grant today .. wow
Posted By: Hammer Re: Injury Report - 12/20/20 04:57 PM
Go Pats!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Injury Report - 12/20/20 05:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Go Pats!

Yes +1 thumbsup
Posted By: RedBaron Re: Injury Report - 12/20/20 05:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Go Pats!

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 04:37 AM
Sheldon Richardson’s neck X-rays were negative; Chris Hubbard will have further exams on his knee

Kevin Stefanski confirms Mack Wilson was inactive tonight as a coach's decision.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 04:58 AM
Sheldon Richardson’s neck X-rays were negative; Chris Hubbard will have further exams on his knee

Kevin Stefanski confirms Mack Wilson was inactive tonight as a coach's decision.

Good news
Another great coaching decision
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 10:23 AM
Good news on Sheldon
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 12:41 PM
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 05:22 PM

So....
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 06:07 PM

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 06:10 PM
Harris will be key this week again facing the Jets DL ... sorry to hear about Hubbard
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 06:16 PM
j/c...
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 06:40 PM
This sucks. Hubbard is a big part of the run game as the extra lineman.

More Kendall Lamm and (much more) Harris.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 06:45 PM
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 06:54 PM
What's the injury repot on Hubbard. I can't pick up Milk Mans posts.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 06:56 PM
coach Kevin Stefanski on NFL Network reporting Chris Hubbard is having surgery this week to repair torn knee ligaments.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 06:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
What's the injury repot on Hubbard. I can't pick up Milk Mans posts.

#Browns  coach Kevin Stefanski on NFL Network reporting Chris Hubbard is having surgery this week to repair torn knee ligaments: I'll wait to give a complete update, but like I said before he'll miss significant time, he's given us great reps, he's an outstanding teammate
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 06:58 PM
That stinks. Chris I wish you a speedy recovery. Get well. You'll be missed.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 07:13 PM
I like that STefanski explained how Hubbard is such a good teammate too. That’s huge with our team
Posted By: slick Re: Injury Report - 12/21/20 10:14 PM
As I said damn artificial turf should be banned!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 12/23/20 04:42 PM
Kevin Stefanski said he expects DT Sheldon Richardson to play Sunday vs. #Jets. Left game vs. #Giants with neck injury.

https://twitter.com/ScottPetrak/status/1341785433437552641
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injury Report - 12/23/20 04:45 PM
S Andrew Sendejo (concussion) has been cleared to practice.

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Gribble/status/1341783705707294721
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Injury Report - 12/23/20 04:49 PM
That's a thumbsup On both platers as far as I'm concerned. I know Sandejo gets a lot of grief on this board but he's better than anything we have behind him at this point. The guy does hustle and seems to know our D if not much else.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injury Report - 12/23/20 06:43 PM
Getting Harrison back is huge too
© DawgTalkers.net