DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Pdawg Injuries - 09/06/21 08:25 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/06/21 10:58 PM
Let’s keep it like this for 22 straight weeks smile
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Injuries - 09/07/21 12:02 AM
Tretter feels veterans don't need a lot of offseason training. I doubt he is hurt at all.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 09/07/21 02:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
Tretter feels veterans don't need a lot of offseason training. I doubt he is hurt at all.

Tretter represents a group of players that feels veterans don’t need a lot of off-season training.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 09/08/21 06:28 PM

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 09/08/21 06:37 PM
Has there been a lot of Browns with non-COVID illnesses this preseason? It sure seems like it.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 09/08/21 09:24 PM
j/c...
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries - 09/08/21 10:14 PM
Last season Garrett also tested negative at first when he became sick. Second test revealed it was covid
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 09/09/21 02:02 AM
I'm excited to see the first injury report of the season, it means that it's REALLY, ACTUALLY GAME WEEK!

However, that is a fairly ugly first injury report. That is a LOT of guys that are Limited, even if most all of them will end up playing.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 09/09/21 05:57 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injuries - 09/09/21 06:23 PM

All good.

This will probably be the healthiest we will be all year.

Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 09/09/21 07:23 PM
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 09/09/21 07:30 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 09/09/21 08:30 PM
The Ravens lost Gus Edwards and Marcus Peters to ACL tears.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Injuries - 09/09/21 08:43 PM
Wow!!!
https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/baltim...s-marcus-peters

“ The Baltimore Ravens suffered not one, but two major injuries at practice on Thursday afternoon, continuing a horrendous string of luck this preseason.”
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 09/09/21 09:37 PM
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injuries - 09/09/21 09:49 PM
Any word on Clowney?
Posted By: guard dawg Re: Injuries - 09/09/21 09:49 PM
I know you can never eliminate the potential for injuries in football. But considering the news coming out of Baltimore, I really appreciate the cautious approach the Browns have used in this preseason.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 09/09/21 10:53 PM
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Any word on Clowney?

Woods said he should return either tomorrow or Saturday and play Sunday.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 12:49 AM

The Cleveland Browns have done everything possible to have a full roster of healthy players going into Week 1 against the Kansas City Chiefs. Training camp and preseason games didn’t go perfectly with a few minor injuries, losing Stephen Carlson, Drew Forbes and Greg Senat for the year and placing Jacob Phillips on injured reserve.

The team’s biggest moves this offseason was to try to field a quality defense after significantly struggling on that side of the ball in 2020. The team quickly signed John Johnson III, Takk McKinley, Anthony Walker and Troy Hill. A few weeks later, the team added Jadeveon Clowney.

Clowney, who has struggled to stay healthy most of his career, was one of the players the team protected throughout camp to make sure he was ready to go in Week 1. Unfortunately, Clowney has come down with an illness but the Browns are hoping won’t keep him out of the game against the Chiefs:

The team has reported that Clowney is not COVID-19 positive and is just ill. Rookie Tony Fields II came up ill for today’s practice as well.

If Clowney is unable to play, McKinley and Joe Jackson would be the only other defensive ends to join Myles Garrett in Week 1. The team could call up Ifeadi Odenigbo, Curtis Weaver or Porter Gustin from the practice squad as well.

The team needs a healthy defense to try to slow down Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs vaunted offense.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 02:15 AM
Wow, I almost feel bad for them. I do feel bad for the players, but the team? Not so much.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 02:40 AM
F* the Raven, “evermore.”

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 10:54 AM
Clowney should be back
Posted By: dnadawg Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 03:42 PM
Anyone else worried Fields got COVID and has passed on to our other LBs?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 04:13 PM
Posted By: Cleats Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 04:13 PM
I certainly hope not. My greatest fear, if anything could derail this season it would be covid.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 04:53 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 04:55 PM
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 04:56 PM
"OBJ, Jadeveon Clowney, Grant Delpit, Ronnie Harrison and JC Tretter are all questionable for Sunday. "

So, no change for any of then from 2020, lol
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 04:57 PM
but, we know Clowney is full-go.

I expect that the others will be as well.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 05:03 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 05:06 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 05:11 PM
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 06:25 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed or not, but KS has said absolutely zilch regarding OBJ's ability to play in a game all offseason while giving the impression that he could've been playing this whole time.

If OBJ is held out on Sunday I think there's going to be a meltdown.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 06:34 PM
Honey Badger still out.. That would be big for us. I can't see him being that effective even if he did play at this point. Covid must have hit him pretty hard
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 07:08 PM
I think that either:

A.) He is just hiding the one card he can and not giving Reid anything concrete while he can

2.) He is not wanting to dampen spirits or doesn't have the ability to share info on OBJ's health

If it's B, and OBJ doesn't play, then he certainly better come clean afterwards as to why they played games with the reports if they knew better.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 07:19 PM
I'm going to go with A.
Posted By: Cleats Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 07:28 PM
#Browns kicker Chase McLaughlin has been added to the injury report as questionable with a hamstring injury. He was a full participant today.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 07:33 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 07:58 PM
Cleveland Browns kicker Chase McLaughlin is questionable for season opener in Kansas City

BEREA — A day after Browns special teams coordinator Mike Priefer gave Chase McLaughlin a vote of confidence, the kicker landed on the injury report.

The Browns made a late addition to the report Friday afternoon, listing McLaughlin as questionable for the season opener Sunday in Kansas City.

The Browns revealed McLaughlin has a right hamstring injury. They labeled him a full participant in Friday's practice.

If McLaughlin can't kick this weekend, the Browns would need to elevate undrafted rookie Chris Naggar from the practice squad to the active roster. The deadline to make the move is 4 p.m. Saturday.

Kicker Chris Naggar during warm up drills as Jet fans came to their team’s practice facility in Florham Park, NJ to watch their team, including their new head coach Robert Saleh and quarterback Zach Wilson for the first time this season on July 31, 2021.
The Browns signed Naggar to the practice squad on Sept. 2. He began his collegiate career at Texas (2016-19) before transferring to SMU. Last season, he made 17-of-21 field goals (81%) and 43-of-46 extra points (93.5%).

"I did the Zoom interview with him, really liked him coming out of SMU," Priefer said Thursday. "He was kind of a one-year wonder because he had been a punter/backup kicker at Texas. He graduated from there and wanted an opportunity to kick at a major program. SMU put him on scholarship for the year, and I thought he had an outstanding year. He’s still young, he’s raw, but he’s got a big leg, and I think he’s a very good, young, developmental kicker."

The New York Jets signed Naggar in May as an undrafted free agent and waived him on Aug. 16. He made 1-of-2 field goals (successful from 30 yards and unsuccessful from 53 yards) in his lone exhibition appearance.

McLaughlin made 4-of-5 field goals and 4-of-5 extra points in the preseason. Kicking in regular-season games for five NFL teams, McLaughlin has made 22-of-28 field goals and 31-of-32 extra points in his career, which began when the Buffalo Bills signed him in 2019 as an undrafted free agent.

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/spor...ews/8272207002/
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 08:30 PM
Browns News. ...
Comes up, Chiefs, SI.com, moves to arrowheadpride.com
headline.
Browns linebacker claims he "will be ready" for Travis Kelcey.

Turned out it is JOK basically saying he's watched tape and the team will be ready and he will be ready for the game, so I'm not certain if it's not a reference to the wound that required stitches in his head 17 days before kickoff.

Any news on the condition of Jeremiah Owusu Koramoahs' forehead cut?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 09/10/21 09:45 PM
He's been a full participant in practices for like a week. He's fine. The stitches are a non-issue.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 10:34 AM
Any updates on Mathieu?
Posted By: FATE Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 12:17 PM
Still no official word on Mathieu. "We'll see... we'll see... we'll see" tells me that we WILL see -- Mathieu.
Posted By: Jester Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 12:40 PM
Any updates on our kicker?
I read they have until 4pm today to make a determination.

I think the importance of a reliable kicker is so underrated by so many people. Missed easy FG's and especially missed XP's are huge momentum killers. I would love to see the records for games where one team missed an XP or FG under 40 yards when the other team didn't.
Posted By: Jester Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 12:44 PM
I just looked at the box score for the Cowboys/Bucs game. The Bucs kicker was 1-1 on FG and 4-4 on XP. The Cowboys K was 3-5 on FG and 2-3 on XP.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 03:52 PM
They have until 4pm today to decide on Mathieu. They may well opt to put him on the gameday roster just-in-case. I don't think it matters to us, though. We're going to prepare the same no matter who that Safety is back there; our chances of success when going deep just go up if it isn't Mathieu.

It appears that his backup actually grades out almost the same as him, according to PFF, so it probably *really* doesn't matter.

Their FS, Daniel Sorensen, however, grades out akin to Sendejo.
We should be going after him.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 04:50 PM
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 05:20 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
They have until 4pm today to decide on Mathieu. They may well opt to put him on the gameday roster just-in-case. I don't think it matters to us, though. We're going to prepare the same no matter who that Safety is back there; our chances of success when going deep just go up if it isn't Mathieu.

It appears that his backup actually grades out almost the same as him, according to PFF, so it probably *really* doesn't matter.

Their FS, Daniel Sorensen, however, grades out akin to Sendejo.
We should be going after him.

Oh it matters. The Honey Badger is a very instinctual player. He makes plays others can't because of it. It will be a huge loss for the Chiefs if he can't play.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 06:14 PM
Matheiu is activated … rumors of OBJ being inactive. Tough blows
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 06:25 PM
I dont think the offense relaying on OBJ is as big as or revamped D showing up. We will easily get by without OBJ. We need the new D to look like a new D
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 07:56 PM
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 08:26 PM
Can't wait to see Chubb bulldoze the fool.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 08:51 PM
Terrible Thread title.
I hate to keep reading just the word Injuries in the headliner.
It's bad luck. And I don't believe in luck. Still hate reading it.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 09:55 PM
Injury Report as a title would not be bad luck.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 10:19 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Injury Report as a title would not be bad luck.

I thought you said you didn't believe in luck?
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 11:19 PM
I think OBJ will play, and the talk of him not is just game playing.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/11/21 11:52 PM
I hope
Posted By: Jester Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 11:23 AM
Jc

Nfl network ticker had beckham, clowney, and trettor as expected to play.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 12:26 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 12:32 PM

Odell Beckham Jr. looked good at practice this week but didn’t take full reps, and hasn’t had any contact all summer - which is why Browns want to see how he feels pre-game today before making any decisions on his status vs. the Chiefs, per source. It will be about how OBJ feels.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1436992413663436800
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 12:36 PM
OBJ is a gamer; he's gonna feel ready.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 03:23 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
It will be about how OBJ feels.

He will feel like playing wink
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 03:33 PM
I don't want to sound conspiratorial, it's just it always caught my attention that KS always choose his words really carefully and shut down the discussion during follow up questioning, all the while obj hasn't seen contact or even many full drills, all off season.

I don't think it's a huge deal. While obj is someone that needs to be accounted for, it's our run game that makes the offense tick, and Mayfield is best when he's distributing.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 03:59 PM
I'm not sure our opponents view it that way. OBJ has been injury plagued. But when one looks at a healthy OBJ, I believe our opponents feel they have to game plan for him. Yes, our running game is great. And if you can keep KC's scoring in check that's wonderful. But if KC starts lighting up the scoreboard or even if you think they will start lighting up the scoreboard, you're not going to score 38 points running the ball.

If one wants to get a glimpse at how stefanski plans for KC we can take a glimpse of last season. Last year when we faced KC Baker threw 37 times. Baker rushed three times. Not by design mind you. wink

Our RB's? They rushed for a total of 19 times. Chubb with 13 and Hunt with 6. We are a team who game plans according to our opponents. Sometime it's the pass and sometimes it's the run.

While I wouldn't go as far as calling it a conspiracy I would call it a mind game. A good HC will keep the opposition guessing. They will never tip their hand when they have that option. It's much like developing a strategy in a chess game. Stefanski does it well. He's kept everyone guessing about OBJ by design. And it's rare to see a HC with the ability to frustrate the press so gracefully!

naughtydevil
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 04:10 PM
j/c...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 04:31 PM
Any word on Matheiu
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 04:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Any word on Matheiu

He is cleared to play. If he does it will be limited. I cant imagine covid not effecting his game. He will not be himself
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 06:10 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 06:11 PM
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 06:36 PM
I am 100 percent sure that the plan was to keep OBJ under wraps until the season started.

As they would say….. Release the Kraken…
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 07:42 PM
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
I am 100 percent sure that the plan was to keep OBJ under wraps until the season started.

Except he's not going to play... OBJ needs to show he has something to offer this year, more than what he did before getting here.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 08:01 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg

Except he's not going to play... OBJ needs to show he has something to offer this year, more than what he did before getting here.

Charger said release the kraken not take the crakin
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Injuries - 09/12/21 08:25 PM
Since Odell's a scratch, how does this work? Did we bring a PS player along, or are we a receiver short in the line-up?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 09/13/21 01:53 AM
The Schwartz was with us. wink
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Injuries - 09/13/21 12:43 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The Schwartz was with us. wink

He was fun to watch,, The kid can play
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 09/13/21 12:54 PM
If he was this involved week1, I imagine that we'll be seeing quite a bit from him (even despite an OBJ return) throughout the year. It'll be fun to watch him progress throughout the year because he clearly adds another element to this O, as others have pointed out. He was just running by DBs, and probably would've had a TD if he hadn't turned around on that one overthrow.

Sadly, this might make Higgins' days numbered. There are only so many reps to go around, and OBJ wasn't even out there yesterday.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injuries - 09/13/21 04:24 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Sadly, this might make Higgins' days numbered.

Not if OBJ doesnt work out
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Injuries - 09/13/21 05:01 PM

Yeah, I also wonder if it's part of keeping OBJ healthy for a trade...obviously probably not likely, but who knows.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injuries - 09/13/21 05:14 PM
Let's not be ridiculous! OBJ is the VIP of the offense! And he'll be back as soon as his diva muscle relaxes enough to let him play.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Injuries - 09/13/21 05:35 PM
j/c

We need to remember and consider that he tore his ACL less than a year ago. I'm a frequent OBJ critic, but even a super-human rehab usually takes a fair amount of time... a year is not all that unusual for a speed guy like him.

Not many thought we would play as well as we did against KC...and we should destroy the Texans with or without OBJ. I don't have a problem with holding him out a couple weeks early in the season.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 09/13/21 06:24 PM
It was considered superhuman a few months back to even consider him being ready for Week 1. All of the hype and Instabook posts conditioned everyone to expect that superhuman result, and now he's getting bashed because of people's disappointment that the crazily improbable didn't actually happen.

The life of being a fan, lol laugh
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 09/13/21 06:55 PM
j/c...
Posted By: dnadawg Re: Injuries - 09/13/21 07:03 PM
Stefanski's a bit to blame for that, though. His language has been vague enough to leave room for people to have week 1 expectations. Could've easily just said throughout preseason and into week 1 that he's working hard and progressing, but not ready yet.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 09/13/21 07:53 PM

OBJ didn't play yesterday and how many snaps was Higgins in the game for again? I don't know myself but I don't recall even seeing him on the field and I certainly don't recall him ever being targeted.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injuries - 09/13/21 08:06 PM
Schwartz was drafted to replace OBJ anyway... he may actually, eventually work out too.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 09/13/21 09:28 PM
Originally Posted By: dnadawg
Stefanski's a bit to blame for that, though. His language has been vague enough to leave room for people to have week 1 expectations. Could've easily just said throughout preseason and into week 1 that he's working hard and progressing, but not ready yet.
This is what I was getting at when brought this up right before the game. KS always chose his words carefully and then shut down follow-up questions.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 09/13/21 11:46 PM
Originally Posted By: dnadawg

Yes, but he's not just talking to the media, and definitely isn't talking to us, when he says things. I guarantee that between Ski's pressers and OBJ's InstafaceTweets and videos, it caused them to prepare for him. If even a little bit, that's time spent not preparing for the other guys. Add in sneaking Schwartz under the radar and it's totally justified. What we fans think and hear is meaningless. If he got even 5% of an advantage from playing it close to the vest, he's right for doing it. No matter how small, you don't give up any sort of competitive advantage if you don't have to.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 09/14/21 12:47 AM
I have no idea why people don't understand this. I tried to explain almost the exact same thing you did just the other day. And we still get posts acting as though Stefanski owes us and the media some explanation and that somehow means more than keeping our opponents guessing.
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries - 09/14/21 06:47 AM
If he was this involved week1, I imagine that we'll be seeing quite a bit from him (even despite an OBJ return) throughout the year. It'll be fun to watch him progress throughout the year because he clearly adds another element to this O, as others have pointed out. He was just running by DBs, and probably would've had a TD if he hadn't turned around on that one overthrow.

Sadly, this might make Higgins' days numbered. There are only so many reps to go around, and OBJ wasn't even out there yesterday.

Yeah I was shocked Higgins didnt get a ball thrown his way. Especially with the chemistry he has with Baker
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Injuries - 09/14/21 11:56 AM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

OBJ didn't play yesterday and how many snaps was Higgins in the game for again? I don't know myself but I don't recall even seeing him on the field and I certainly don't recall him ever being targeted.

I only recall Higgins once, and we had him near the box to help chip block...But beyond that, I really never saw him again.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Injuries - 09/14/21 12:20 PM
j/c

Wasn't Higgins coming off a recent hammy injury? Maybe that's why he didn't play as much?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 09/14/21 12:21 PM
I think we are committed to using Schwartz and TE’s … which means HIggy will have less usage
Posted By: dnadawg Re: Injuries - 09/14/21 01:07 PM
To be clear, I don't think Stef owed us anything. If it was in large part to give Reid & Co. some more to think about, all good. I'm just saying that he was the main reason many dumb fans (myself included, who put him in some daily fantasy lineups) thought OBJ would get at least some proportion of snaps.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 09/14/21 01:47 PM
Which sort of presents a double edged sword. If he doesn't make us consider that, he won't be making the opposition think that either. I think the best way fans could look at it is while Stefnaski says a lot of words at his presser, he really doesn't say anything at his pressers. wink

I'm a person who like likes it that way.
© DawgTalkers.net