DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: GratefulDawg Other Games - 09/17/21 03:17 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/17/21 03:18 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/17/21 03:21 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/17/21 03:25 AM
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 09/17/21 03:32 AM
Daniel Jones is not a good quarterback, Ny giants qb.

Colt McCoy! Brandon Weeden! and Brady Quinn..-maybe, Quinn, are Browns Qb's from that jersey that'd blow Daniel Jones away.

Daniel Jones, probably his last season as a starting qb in the NFL.

I may be upset with Baker Mayfields play so far, right now, but
At least he's not freaking Daniel Jones bad!

Are there 8 AFC teams that would make the playoffs in the NFC and
The NFC sucks, the Giants suck and so do the Washingtons'.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/17/21 11:42 AM
Jones played one of his better games and they still lost. The Giants just seem like a crap franchise right now … poor coaching, management, outcomes, etc.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/17/21 12:58 PM
Not gonna lie, Danny dimes was doing his thing. Dropped TD, TD run that got called back from a bogus holding call.

Dude has some serious speed. And he didn’t turn the ball over. Only question is talent and they coach.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games - 09/17/21 02:07 PM
While I acknowledge we might not have room on the roster for him (I was bummed we let RSJ go. A guy like that would be quite the weapon with his versatility in KS's system.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/17/21 03:54 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/17/21 06:35 PM
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 09/17/21 07:02 PM
j/c:

Just finished watching the NY-Washington game. I really didn't care who won but if that is the case I usually root for the home team. What a fantastic ending! Fans were happy as could be.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 03:42 PM
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 08:07 PM
Steelers going down...
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 08:08 PM
Bengals also lost... which means we're tied for first in the division...
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 08:08 PM
Love it when the Steelers LOSE, however the Raiders are a damn good team who we also have to play.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 08:11 PM
Oh man, Steelers look like they may have lost Diontae Johnson with an injury on a nothing, end the game play.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 08:42 PM
It looks like we’ll get Fields next week.
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 08:49 PM
Was just reading twitter about the stealers.
Devin Bush and Haden were already out with groin injuries.
They lost Watt today with a groin, Alualu fractured his ankle and Dionte Johnson hurt his knee on the last play of the game and had to be helped off the field by 2 people.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 08:53 PM
Switch over to MLB to watch my Giants play Atlanta ...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 09:14 PM
Fields next week is worse news than Dalton. Fields is gonna be running everywhere
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 09:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Fields next week is worse news than Dalton. Fields is gonna be running everywhere

Agreed. Since Woods took over we have had a terrible time containing mobile QBs.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 09:39 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Agreed. Since Woods took over we have had a terrible time containing mobile QBs.

They just said on NFL Network Dalton is fine and will probably play next week ...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 09:43 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

They just said on NFL Network Dalton is fine and will probably play next week ...

Well that's great news for us.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 09:59 PM

nanner
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 10:02 PM

nanner

I think PastorMarc might've misheard.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 10:05 PM
Tom Brady will play forever and never not be good.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 10:06 PM
Cardinals Vikings is arena league
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 10:08 PM
Cardinals Vikings is arena league

And the Titans might be bad.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 10:27 PM
Herbert might have a better arm than Mahomes.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 11:09 PM
GO Cowboys!!!!
We need any tie breaker we can get. So GO all NFC teams, until the super bowl.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 11:18 PM
j/c...

Poor Greg Joseph.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 11:24 PM
Helps us any time an NFC team beats an AFC team
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 09/19/21 11:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

Poor Greg Joseph.

Missed a 37 Yard FG that would have won the game for Minnesota tsktsk
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 12:02 AM
Titans squeeze out a tough win
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 12:13 AM
Count me amoung the less than 30% of the country that thinks the Ravens can and will win against the chiefs tonight. frown

I won't pick against the ravens in the regular season, unless that dastardly quarterback goes out.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 12:15 AM
Tom Brady will play forever and never not be good.

Yep. Even zombie Tom will probably win a Super Bowl posthumously.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 12:27 AM
Will the real Lamar Jackson please stand up! Throws up a duck then an INT.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 12:29 AM
Lamar Jackson cannot hit the broadside of a barn when he throws the football.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 12:32 AM
Lamar is no Joe Montana, but that INT was on Sammy Watkins.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 12:35 AM
It has been All Lamar Jackson so far!!!

The Score is 7-7. He threw a pick 6, and later a crazy play that ended up a touchdown.

Mahommes hasn't even gotten inton the game yet.
Will start his first drive, the teams first drive,

with a 7-7 score.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 12:37 AM
Lamar is no Joe Montana, but that INT was on Sammy Watkins.

First play of the game... overthrown By 15 yards second throw.. pick 6.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 12:39 AM
Correct. The INT was on Watkins, however.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 12:52 AM
Lol, into triple coverage! INT.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 12:54 AM
Correct. The INT was on Watkins, however.

Lol I don't think so. He also managed to overthrow an open wr in the end zone again and threw a pick in the end zone.

He is terrible and their coaches know it. That is why they threw the least in the league last year.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 01:08 AM
So you didn't see Sammy Watkins slip and fall on that play? Also, never said Lamar was accurate, not sure why you keep mentioning other plays. I simply said the first INT was on Sammy Watkins.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 01:12 AM
Come on Chiefs … they don’t look great thus far, but Mahomes is tough to bet against
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 01:13 AM
Because Lamar just keeps proving he is not a good qb. He is a rb that occasionally throws a football.

Also it should be on Lamar. He started throwing the ball when Watkins was on the ground.

It is clear to see Lamar has the ball and could have pump faked it and not thrown it to Watkins.

Arm was back and Watkins was flat on The ground at 1.5 second of that video.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 01:26 AM
14-14 … Baltimore is running well. KC may not stop them, but also Baltimore may not stop KC
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 03:01 AM
If the Ravens beat the chiefs, and also sweep the Browns,
It will be almost impossible to catch them for the division. thumbsdown
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 03:06 AM
I think the Ravens paid off the league officials.

Anytime there is a procedural penalty against the ravens, the Refs say they called a time out, before the penalty. Total barbara strisand.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 03:25 AM
Ravens won on a late fumble recovery by Oweh, and later a first down to ice the clock, on a run by Lamar for 2 on 4th and 1.
Ain't nobody stopping that som-%%%%%% thumbsdown
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 03:25 AM
I sure do hope we have an answer for Lamar's running. That's pretty much all the Ravens have and KC could not stop it.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 04:39 AM
Well the Ravens winning is Baker's fault! If he hadn't shown Mahomes that nifty 4th quarter falling INT, the Ratbirds would be in the basement...

Seriously though, did any of the people saying Baker was just a game manager against the Chiefs see Mahomes do exactly the same thing they were knocking Baker for? Isn't Mahomes a top-level Franchise QB? So, Baker's only real mistake in that game was that INT, how is he somehow less than Mahomes for the same crap play?
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 05:13 AM
Quote:
how is he somehow less than Mahomes for the same crap play?

Mahomes never planted his school's flag on tOSU's field logo.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 09:59 AM
Ravens get a huge W last night. Bummer. Had they lost and gone to 0-2 it would have given us another game
Posted By: myka Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 10:43 AM
I’m visiting Iceland so they play the Sunday night game Monday morning so I just saw it.

There is no other explanation other than God hates the Browns. There’s just no logical way all these plays can keep happening to hurt us and help our rivals game after game year after year in such fluky ways. 😂
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 12:19 PM
Side note - those two illegal contact calls against Honey Badger were atrocious.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 12:47 PM
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Side note - those two illegal contact calls against Honey Badger were atrocious.

It's pretty bad when Al Michaels' reaction to the call is "really, really?"
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 12:49 PM
Haha, I know!

I actually saw the first call and thought "Wow, that might have been one of the worst illegal contact calls I've ever seen"

Then after the second call, I thought "Nope. THAT was definitely the worst illegal contact call I've ever seen"
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 02:30 PM
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 02:36 PM
Almost like they're trying to reach their quota for a nice "ata boy" from the league office. Was it our game where a Houston WR got flagged for spinning the ball? Ridiculous.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 02:43 PM
we all knew it was going to be a colossal mess. It was a joke, and nothing but a way to control the game, the moment they mentioned it was a point of emphasis.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 02:49 PM
Difference? KC fumbled the ball Ravens recovered and stopped what looked like a sure scoring drive. WE did the same thing against them. What looked liked scoring drive for us was stopped because we fumbled. One thing the Ravens showed last night. you can run on KC. If they can we can. Food for thought.
Posted By: dnadawg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 03:46 PM
Not to mention I saw 2 plays in the second half where the Ravens edge player was lined up with his head on the Offensive side of the football. Like, the guys shoulders were in the neutral zone. Crickets from the refs.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 03:52 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Well the Ravens winning is Baker's fault! If he hadn't shown Mahomes that nifty 4th quarter falling INT, the Ratbirds would be in the basement...

Seriously though, did any of the people saying Baker was just a game manager against the Chiefs see Mahomes do exactly the same thing they were knocking Baker for? Isn't Mahomes a top-level Franchise QB? So, Baker's only real mistake in that game was that INT, how is he somehow less than Mahomes for the same crap play?

Credit the Ravens for getting the W.. but from what I've seen, the difference between the Chiefs, the Ravens, and the Browns is paper thin. The Bills might be in there to but I haven't seen any of their games yet.. they did destroy the Dolphins who aren't a bad team.

The difference in the last 2 games is the Browns turned it over 3 times against the Chiefs (counting the dropped punt snap) and the Ravens turned it over 2 times against the Chiefs.. the Ravens forced 2 turnovers from the Chiefs and the Browns forced 0.

3 TOs to 0 TOs - you are likely going to lose
2 TOs to 2 TOs - you have a decent chance to win
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 04:11 PM
Originally Posted By: dnadawg
Not to mention I saw 2 plays in the second half where the Ravens edge player was lined up with his head on the Offensive side of the football. Like, the guys shoulders were in the neutral zone. Crickets from the refs.

and after the completely phantom Illegal Contact for Honey Badger, I saw BLATANT holding from the Ravens Offense that was conveniently ignored on that touchdown drive.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 04:32 PM
I just thought I would mention what was posted a lot on the board last week when we played the Chiefs. A lot of posters said we should focus on shutting down Kelse and Tyrek Hill and we would slow down their offense.

That's exactly what the Ravens tried and Mahomes completed passes to eight different targets in the first half. It didn't slow down the KC offense at all.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 04:41 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
we all knew it was going to be a colossal mess. It was a joke, and nothing but a way to control the game, the moment they mentioned it was a point of emphasis.

The Competition Committee-chosen by Goodell
Rich McKay–Falcons
John Mara –Giants
Stephen Jones –Cowboys
Mark Murphy –Packers
Ozzie Newsome–Ravens
Mike Tomlin–Steelers
John Elway–Broncos
Sean Payton–Saints
Ron Rivera-Washington
NFLPA-1 Vote
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 04:41 PM
They didn't shut down Kelce, he killed them.. They shut down hill and they won, we didn't shut down anyone. Chiefs defense is going to lose them alot of games this year. They are alot like us, Good offense, defense that will cost them.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 04:55 PM
Yaknow, I'm not a fan of the new rule, either. Having said that, I'll add this:

Play the game like Nick Chubb, and you'll never have to worry about that rule.

#handball2ref
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 05:07 PM
No, that's not what happened at all. We're talking about offensive production, points scored by the Chiefs.

The Chiefs scored 33 points against the Browns while we turned the ball over three times.

The Chiefs scored 35 points against the Ravens while the Ravens turned the ball over three times.

The difference was the Ravens scored more points against the Chiefs than we did. That has nothing to do with slowing down the chiefs offense.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 05:25 PM
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 06:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Difference? KC fumbled the ball Ravens recovered and stopped what looked like a sure scoring drive. WE did the same thing against them. What looked liked scoring drive for us was stopped because we fumbled. One thing the Ravens showed last night. you can run on KC. If they can we can. Food for thought.

Hell, tell me something I don't know.

We ran AT WILL against the Chefs.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 07:21 PM
Quote:
They didn't shut down Kelce, he killed them.. They shut down hill and they won, we didn't shut down anyone. Chiefs defense is going to lose them alot of games this year. They are alot like us, Good offense, defense that will cost them.

Yea, Mahomes had 337 yards and 3 TDs against us... he had 343 and 3 TDs against the Ravens... scheme to shut down whoever you want on the back end, you can't shut down all of them. Only way to shut down their offense is at the source, get to Mahomes early and often, disciplined so you keep him in the pocket.. pressure and hit him a lot, make him throw under duress...
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 07:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Yaknow, I'm not a fan of the new rule, either. Having said that, I'll add this:

Play the game like Nick Chubb, and you'll never have to worry about that rule.

#handball2ref
The Hoople heads would hate that and call it boring.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 08:50 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

He's a Steeler and I'd expect no less. A reflection of their coach.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 09:07 PM
Tonkin said that Turner got spat on first.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 09:27 PM
....but still. Drop the gloves or something, spitting is lame. It must have happened earlier, because he had to take a few steps to get to the guy to spit on him.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 09:29 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
....but still. Drop the gloves or something, spitting is lame. It must have happened earlier, because he had to take a few steps to get to the guy to spit on him.

Agreed
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 09:29 PM

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 09:52 PM

This was a fun watch last week, I will be watching again tonight.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 11:13 PM
The Manning Brothers were more informative in their first broadcast, when they had no clue what they were doing, than some broadcast teams are over the course of an entire season.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/20/21 11:55 PM
The Manning Brothers were more informative in their first broadcast, when they had no clue what they were doing, than some broadcast teams are over the course of an entire season.
exactly it was a damning thing for regular “experts:
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/21/21 12:27 AM
Love it so far.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Other Games - 09/21/21 12:28 AM

QFT

...and Peyton is a naturally funny guy.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/21/21 12:34 AM

I need money.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/21/21 01:05 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/21/21 02:23 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/21/21 02:27 AM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Other Games - 09/21/21 03:22 AM
I feel bad for glass Wentz.... both ankles sprained. ouch
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/21/21 11:30 AM
Detroit is feisty but they stink. I think by the time we play them they may be looking like a different team too; not as hungry
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 09/21/21 01:01 PM
j/c...

Why does Rodgers always seem so bitter??

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games - 09/22/21 01:43 PM
If my hair looked like that, I'd be bitter too.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 09/22/21 03:05 PM
I would say it's hard to tell if someone "sounds" bitter in print.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/22/21 07:08 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 09/22/21 08:41 PM
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 09/23/21 02:51 AM
Wow. That's an endorsement for the Jets, lol
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/23/21 11:41 AM
Of all years why can’t we play the Jets this year haha. Seems like we’ve played them an awful lot lately
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 09/23/21 12:29 PM
Jets and Jaguars are images of Browns past...lol

yeah not on our list as we are playing AFC West this year.

Both probably will be fighting for #1 and #2 once again. I feel for their fans as it was not too long when that was us...smh
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/23/21 01:09 PM
And the bad news for them: I dont know if Lawrence or Wilson can do it. Yes, it’s very early … but both have looked quite bad
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 09/23/21 01:27 PM
Of all years why can’t we play the Jets this year haha. Seems like we’ve played them an awful lot lately

We played them a lot because we'd both annually finish in the basement of our division. We didn't do that last year, so we get the Patriots, instead.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 09/23/21 05:05 PM

Careful what you wish for... those are the kind of games we lose and wonder what happened for 3 weeks.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 09/23/21 05:17 PM

Careful what you wish for... those are the kind of games we lose and wonder what happened for 3 weeks.

Like the last time we played them.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 09/23/21 06:01 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Like the last time we played them.

Without our receiver room available.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games - 09/23/21 07:05 PM
Yeah, we knew exactly what happened that time.
© DawgTalkers.net