DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: TrooperDawg Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 01:03 AM
TNF...Stafford and Wilson are turnover machines tonight. Makes Baker's performance shine when considering he's not turning the ball over. Plus Stafford has wildly overthrown wide-open receivers.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 01:11 AM
That INT by Stafford in the endzone was ugly.... LA was really moving the ball until that throw...

can't stand Seattle....
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 01:35 AM
roughing the passer for getting hit in the shoulder....
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 01:36 AM
Yeah, pretty ticky tack call
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 01:45 AM
3-0 halftime. Surprising...I thought Stafford was the 2nd Coming. And Wilson is the best short man of all time. Rough night for O's.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 01:48 AM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
3-0 halftime. Surprising...I thought Stafford was the 2nd Coming. And Wilson is the best short man of all time. Rough night for O's.

7-3 Seahawks.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 01:48 AM
DO you mean TWO great QBs are struggling? How can that be?
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 02:06 AM
Wow. I'm flabbergasted at the misses Stafford is having now in the 2nd half.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 02:07 AM
And now he completes a 68 yard pass that is WAAAY underthrown.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 02:17 AM
AND NOW both QB's have finger problems. C'mon! You gotta play through it.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 02:21 AM
Stafford's finger is no problem...TD to Higbee.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 02:45 AM
GENOE SMITH!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 02:47 AM
I'm floored Geno Smith is still in the League (good for him) and am even more floored he just lead a 90+ yard TD drive.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 03:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
I'm floored Geno Smith is still in the League (good for him) and am even more floored he just lead a 90+ yard TD drive.

had no idea he was still in the league!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 03:49 AM

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1446320724109520896
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 12:28 PM
LA has a super bowl caliber team IMO. Stafford, even though he’s not what he used to be, is still good
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 01:01 PM
Well, I learned something last night. Had no idea you could punt twice on one play. What a great play by Seattle punter Michael Dickson! Great scoop after his punt was blocked and then boots it a second time for 68 yards!

Posted By: BADdog Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 01:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
LA has a super bowl caliber team IMO.

So do the Browns wink
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 02:24 PM
LA has a super bowl caliber team IMO. Stafford, even though he’s not what he used to be, is still good

Not sure if anyone noticed, but our Corbett is still on the Rams roster and is the starter. I tried following him while I was watching last night, and certainly didn't see a dominant performance... but the dude is a starter.

Just thought that was kinda noteworthy.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 02:36 PM
Definitely. He’s been solid for them, which i give him props. He was not good here lol
Posted By: Hammer Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 03:06 PM
Kudos to the kicker, but he appeared to be forward of the line of scrimmage when kicking that ball a 2nd time. I would think that would/should be a penalty. Behind the line, ok, but looks he went over the line before kicking the second time.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/08/21 09:41 PM
Wait a minute, trooper. Are you saying stafford is missing on passes that “any professional quarterback” should be able to make. Hmmm. What a surprise!!
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/09/21 03:13 AM
I agree, it certainly looked like he was beyond the line. One thing of note: the rule states that the player's entire body and the ball must be beyond the line for a penalty to occur. With that said, it was very, very close. His back foot was within inches of the LOS. Not sure how the zebras huddled up and then stated he wasn't beyond the line, you would think they would want to take a look at that.

I noticed McVay had his red flag out, talked to an official, and then stuck it back in his pocket. There's a very good reason why... at worst, for the Seahawks, the illegal second kick from beyond the line would result in a 10 yard penalty and re-kick (or ten yards added to the dead ball spot). In other words, not worth the challenge.

Which begs the question (in my over-analytical mind)... Can anybody re-kick that ball or only the punter? We've seen QBs "quick-punt" on third down, so I'm pretty sure any player can punt, but can any player re-punt? The rule refers to the "player" and the fact that he can re-punt, but never directly identifies "player" as the "punter".

Scenario: Blocked punt on 4th and 10, ball doesn't cross LOS, OLineman picks it up... Well, he's probably not going to gain the 10 yards so kick it... whether you're beyond the LOS or not.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/09/21 03:34 AM

I agree... think they could be a force in the NFC... happy for Stafford... should have a legit shot to get his first playoff win...
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/09/21 04:35 AM
Man, if ever I felt bad for someone's career like I do for Joe Thomas', it's Matthew Stafford.

What a talented guy.
What a talentless system in which to languish for years.

I can't imagine how awful it must have been for him.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/09/21 05:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Man, if ever I felt bad for someone's career like I do for Joe Thomas', it's Matthew Stafford.

What a talented guy.
What a talentless system in which to languish for years.

I can't imagine how awful it must have been for him.

I agree. You can look back at a lot of players and wonder what might have been had they been on a different team.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/09/21 05:44 AM
Kiss the Seahawks season goodbye ... although they do stand a chance of remaining somewhat relative for the next few weeks.

Russell Wilson expected to miss six weeks after undergoing surgery on his finger, per report - CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/russe...ger-per-report/

Russell Wilson stood helplessly on the sideline during the Seahawks' loss to the Rams on Thursday night. Wilson will remain on the sideline for the foreseeable future after rupturing a tendon in the middle finger of his throwing hand during Thursday night's game, according to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler. Wilson has undergone surgery on the injury, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. The injury has a typical recovery timetable of six weeks.

Seattle is prepared to move forward with Geno Smith, who went 10 of 17 with 131 yards with a touchdown and an interception in Thursday night's 26-17 loss. A nine-year veteran, Smith's fourth-quarter touchdown pass to D.K. Metcalf was his first touchdown pass since the 2017 season. The former Jet and Charger has a 12-19 career record as an NFL starting quarterback.

Wilson sustained the injury when his hand hit the helmet of Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald. The Seahawks' starting quarterback since 2012, Wilson has led the Seahawks to 100 regular-season wins, two Super Bowl appearances and a win over the Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII. Wilson has been named to each of the last four Pro Bowls. His streak of 149 consecutive games played will come to an end.

Based on Friday's report, the Seahawks' projected win total has dipped from 8-8 to 7.8 wins, according to CBS Sports data scientist Stephen Oh. Seattle's playoff odds have fallen from 42.7 percent to 22.2.

Seattle is currently 2-3 and in last place in the NFC West division. The Seahawks' next three games are at Pittsburgh on Sunday night and at home against the 2-2 Saints and the 0-4 Jaguars before a Week 9 bye.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/09/21 06:41 AM
They're actually not in terrible shape. A little middle-of-the-road journeyman play from Geno and they could go 2-1 over their next three before their Bye. That's two thirds of Wilson's recovery time.

That said, they have a tough row to hoe after that. It takes some optimism to see them finishing with 9+ wins.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/10/21 04:43 PM
Falcons beat the Jets in a crap game lol
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/10/21 05:10 PM
Steelers take early lead...
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/10/21 05:25 PM
Bengals defense looking good early...
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/10/21 06:04 PM
Kickers are looking bad in Houston... three TDs... three missed extra points....
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/10/21 07:54 PM
Khaderal Hodge just snagged a 2pt conversion to put the Lions up 17-16 with 32 seconds left.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/10/21 08:42 PM
Bengals finally lose. Crosby tried to give the game away. Never should have gotten to OT.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/10/21 08:47 PM
Denver always beats us but can never do anything to help us. Lost to Steelers and Ravens. Hate the Broncos !!
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/10/21 09:31 PM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Bengals finally lose. Crosby tried to give the game away. Never should have gotten to OT.

Both of those kickers should be ashamed...
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/10/21 09:32 PM
Man, Saquon's ankle was ugly.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/10/21 09:35 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Man, Saquon's ankle was ugly.

Got swollen fast!
Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/10/21 09:37 PM
Daniel Jones took a helmet to helmet hit while running and was pretty much out on his feet after the play
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/10/21 11:54 PM
Will Crosby be employed at sundown Monday? HORRIBLE kicking game both ways. tongue thumbsdown
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/10/21 11:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Will Crosby be employed at sundown Monday? HORRIBLE kicking game both ways. tongue thumbsdown

4 straight winning field goal attempts: 0-4!
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 12:08 AM
we need to colts to beat the ravens so we stay tied up in the division, but damn Wentz really kinda sucks.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 12:09 AM
Originally Posted By: Swish
we need to colts to beat the ravens so we stay tied up in the division, but damn Wentz really kinda sucks.

I doubt this will happen. I don't think he's a QB, but he's a winner.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 12:26 AM
MaHommes just overthrew a wide open pass to Kelse.

He sucks.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 12:32 AM
Originally Posted By: Swish

rofl we can hope bro.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 12:32 AM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
MaHommes just overthrew a wide open pass to Kelse.

He sucks.

Good thing for the Chiefs there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 01:49 AM
Chiefs defense is pretty bad.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 01:49 AM
The Bills look awesome tonight
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 01:50 AM
Josh Allen should be a Brown.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 02:02 AM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
imagine having him or Herbert with our roster
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 02:13 AM
Or you should be a bills fan and take lead with you.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 02:41 AM
I'll talk to lead and see what he thinks. We'll keep you updated on our decision.

We reserve the right to come back if the Browns end up better than the Bills.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 03:21 AM
I have to admit that I'm rooting for Gordon.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 03:50 AM
j/c...

Mahomes. Yikes.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 03:55 AM
Bills are the class of afc right now. That defense is legit
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 03:56 AM
That injury to chiefs rb was ugh. Not supposed to bend that way
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 09:34 AM
Bills basically dominated the whole game
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 10:51 AM
Chiefs defense is pretty bad.

I really like Allen, I am not sure anyone would have pulled this team out of the hole we were in aside from Mayfield at that time. Baker has the mental makeup to keep his head down and continue to work. The unstable team we had at the time he was drafted was perfect for him and while he was perhaps not gifted with all the tools you would like in a QB he had one you can't measure and you ignore it completely all the TIME.

We all get it you don't LIKE Baker. We aren't getting another one so it's time for you to shut UP.

Rearview thinking is maddening to me, and the constant barrage of complaints about Mayfield makes you truly look silly.

He is our QB ,and we DID NOT lose yesterday because of him, so why keep up this one man crusade to nowhere?

I can tell you this too, perhaps you didn't like Baker when he was drafted and feel some sort of need to remind everyone how smart you are. I can tell you one thing for sure, you don't strike me as being smart and NEVER have. No matter how many times you TRY to remind me.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 02:07 PM
I'll talk to lead and see what he thinks. We'll keep you updated on our decision.

We reserve the right to come back if the Browns end up better than the Bills.
There's a word for that.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 02:09 PM

You think Allen would've survived the Hue --> Williams --> Freddie time period?

I don't. For a time he looked like he wouldn't survive in Buffalo.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 02:15 PM
Did Gordon make it through the game without being suspended?
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 02:46 PM
He sparked a doobie mid play in the 4th quarter.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 03:24 PM
He wanted Rosen. Shows you what he knows.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 03:44 PM
Bills basically dominated the whole game

They did.. and but for an absolutely horrible roughing call, that negated an INT in the 4th quarter, the Chiefs would still have had a chance to win..
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 04:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Hammer
He wanted Rosen. Shows you what he knows.

I have had my run ins with him in the past and I have reached the conclusion that the man is NOT very smart.

He also loved Holmgren who I hated.............. Guess who was right about that one? But he wasn't alone at that time.

It's not that Bake is above criticism he is a QB in the NFL he has to have thick skin hell Packer Fans wrote off Rogers after the mess he had in week one. We all get that but it's the same drum beat with him I am smart you are dumb, and it gets old......

He isn't smarter then the people we have running this team, and their not perfect either who is? I include myself as well I only wished I was as smart as I think I am. But I am smart enough to know that He is the last person I would listen too.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 05:10 PM
IMO, you're making this too complicated.

Offense scored 42
-Baker threw for over 300, 2TDs, 0INTs for a rating of 122, I believe.
-I believe he had 1 incomplete throw in the first half, which was OBJ's drop (hit him in the hands and then the chest)
-He was missing both of his tackles and his favorite pass-target when he was supposed to put the team on his back and put our score up to 49 in order to secure the win
-Defense allowed 26 points in the 4th, and didn't get a stop in the last 4 defensive series

Conclusion: Baker can't get the clutch win... LOL
Posted By: Brown to the Bone Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 05:41 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
IMO, you're making this too complicated.

Offense scored 42
-Baker threw for over 300, 2TDs, 0INTs for a rating of 122, I believe.
-I believe he had 1 incomplete throw in the first half, which was OBJ's drop (hit him in the hands and then the chest)
-He was missing both of his tackles and his favorite pass-target when he was supposed to put the team on his back and put our score up to 49 in order to secure the win
-Defense allowed 26 points in the 4th, and didn't get a stop in the last 4 defensive series

Conclusion: Baker can't get the clutch win... LOL

I like your response better, I told you I wasn't as smart as I thought or think I am. Thanks for driving my point home...... willynilly rofl
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 06:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone

I like your response better, I told you I wasn't as smart as I thought or think I am. Thanks for driving my point home...... willynilly rofl

LOL. Now let's get back to arguing about the defense.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 06:47 PM
j/c

Watching Daniel Jones walk around like a drunk in an alleyway in the middle of a bender looked scary. It's very unusual to see a player carted off the field due to a concussion. I hope the kid is okay.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 06:52 PM
imagine having him or Herbert with our roster

Not sure how to say this any other way... in our 2 losses this year, Baker is:

44 of 60 (73.3% completions)
10.4 YPA
626 yards
2 TDs
1 INT
110.8 QB rating
71 points scored

and our defense gave up 80 points.. the TD:INT ratio isn't great but other than that, those are instant HoF numbers over a career.... but sure, let's replace the QB.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/11/21 11:58 PM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

10.4 YPA
626 yards
2 TDs
1 INT
110.8 QB rating
71 points scored

for a QB like this... I would trade
(2) 1st round draft picks
(1) 2nd round pick

Andrew Berry needs to make this trade happen before the deadline!
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 12:14 AM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

10.4 YPA
626 yards
2 TDs
1 INT
110.8 QB rating
71 points scored

for a QB like this... I would trade
(2) 1st round draft picks
(1) 2nd round pick

Andrew Berry needs to make this trade happen before the deadline!
Wooooo hold on a second! Before we make this Trade does this QB play Defense because it's in the job description!?
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 12:22 AM
Colts take it to the house on 3rd and 15!
Colts - 7
Ravens - 0
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 12:24 AM
Colts take it to the house on 3rd and 15!
Colts - 7
Ravens - 0

here is a game we can agree on, GO COLTS!
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 12:36 AM
Go Colts!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 01:05 AM
Source: Jon Gruden just informed his staff that he plans to resign as #Raiders coach.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1447729071673257989
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 01:10 AM
Wow.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 01:14 AM
Can't say it is a surprise really.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 01:29 AM
7-3 Colts with 1:36 left in half.

C'mon Wentz! Get another score here.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 01:47 AM
We need the Colts to win to at least make yesterdays loss a little easier to take.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 01:53 AM
Great start to 2nd half.
13-3 Colts

Edit: Missed extra point. Contagious this "weekend."
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 01:57 AM
Great start to 2nd half.
13-3 Colts

Edit: Missed extra point. Contagious this "weekend."
16-3
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 02:11 AM
98 yard fumble return for TD. Suck it Lamar.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 02:17 AM
Forward lateral ruled...ball on 19....crap.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 02:22 AM
Aaaaand we have a td. extra points attempt blown up.

22-9 COLTS!!!!!
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 02:41 AM
Whatever's ailing the Colts kicker, he got it together for a field goal...
25 - Colts
9 - Rats
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 02:48 AM
Boom, boom, boom...the Rats come back.

25 - Colts
17 - Ravens
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 02:58 AM
COME ON COLTS
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 03:01 AM
Did Reich go to the Kevin Stefanski school of "Play-Calling?"
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 03:13 AM
I was born to hate the Steelers but I tell you, the Raven are 1a.

They continually get so incredibly lucky
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 03:21 AM
Field goal attempt goes awry for the Colts. Dadgummit. And of course Baltimore gets the ball first in overtime. They'll go through the Colts D like a hot knife through melted butter.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 03:23 AM
I hate the Ravens
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 03:30 AM
The Colts conceded the game when they lost the coin toss it seems.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 03:31 AM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
I hate the Ravens

I hate the Ravens.... God, I hate the Ravens....
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 03:31 AM
TD Marquis Brown. Reich turtled on the next to last series of O in regulation. Just like Stefanski.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 03:33 AM
Lamar>Baker. Hate him all you want but Lamar has gotten a lot better throwing the ball and reading defenses every season. He is winner and a playmaker. Figures we have a team with high expectations and we still have to deal with Baltimore being the best in division
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 03:34 AM
As soon as I saw sendejo plays for colts you just knew what was going to happen
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 03:34 AM
Team that has the ball last with time to score wins.

The NFL is becoming like college ball, where defense is an option.

The Colts let the Ravens hold onto the ball for too long before they scored. 30 seconds even with 2 time outs is not enough time.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 03:39 AM
I really wish Lamar Jackson was much worse.

37/43 442 yards 4 TDs
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 03:43 AM
Running back playing QB!...

ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo
Lamar Jackson is the first player in NFL history with 400 passing yards and 85% completion percentage in a game.

Jackson accounted for 499 of the Ravens' 523 yards of offense Monday night.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1447768345219043329
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 03:47 AM
Between the way Baltimore gets breaks and just plain being lucky we're playing for a wild card spot not the division title. They're 4-1 while they should be 2-3. I get that same sickening feeling watching them that I do watching us. I knew they were going to score the tying TD and 2PT. conversion in regulation. You could see it coming.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 04:04 AM
I DESPISE THE RAVENS!!!

WE'D BETTER SWEEP THEIR A$$ES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 09:38 AM
It was about the worst weekend possible for us. The Ravens are so darn opportunistic and tough. Just winners, which is tough to admit.

And Lamar just gets it done.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 11:19 AM

When Lamar was in the draft I was highly skeptical he would make it as a quarterback.

His feet in the throwing position were really narrow. It did look like he could throw the ball properly.

There was absolutely no question about his ability to run. He made people look silly.

Lamar has come a long, long way as a passer and a quarterback. I give him a lot of credit.

He played a incredible game last night. He is a real problem for any defense.

Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 11:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Between the way Baltimore gets breaks and just plain being lucky we're playing for a wild card spot not the division title. They're 4-1 while they should be 2-3. I get that same sickening feeling watching them that I do watching us. I knew they were going to score the tying TD and 2PT. conversion in regulation. You could see it coming.

It is becoming obvious that this is the Ravens' year. Missed FG last night along with Jackson nearly fumbling a second time late, no delayed called in Detroit game, 4th quarter fumble by KC. I know teams are supposed to make their own breaks but they are going Baltimore's way for sure.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 12:06 PM
Originally Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN

It is becoming obvious that this is the Ravens' year. Missed FG last night along with Jackson nearly fumbling a second time late, no delayed called in Detroit game, 4th quarter fumble by KC. I know teams are supposed to make their own breaks but they are going Baltimore's way for sure.
yeah they’ve had a STRING of fortunate breaks. They easily could be 1-4. It sucks
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 12:25 PM
Originally Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN

yeah they’ve had a STRING of fortunate breaks. They easily could be 1-4. It sucks

Even though I say that they did have about the worst injury luck at the RB position.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 12:30 PM
No doubt Lamar is a dynamic, exciting, and skilled player. But is it me, or does it seem like he has the MOST open receivers on the average passing play? Kinda like Herbert....
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 12:40 PM
No doubt Lamar is a dynamic, exciting, and skilled player. But is it me, or does it seem like he has the MOST open receivers on the average passing play? Kinda like Herbert....

That’s because defenses have to prioritize lamar torching them on the ground first. Now it’s worse because is passing ability has evolved. He now is the epitome of a dual threat. And he’s doing that with all his RBs hurt and a below average O line and defense.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 12:53 PM
I hope Garrett folds him in half backwards.
He’s the only player in the league I actively root for injuries for.
I won’t apologize.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 01:14 PM
They have had bad luck with injuries at the RB position but it doesn't matter much to them because they have Lamar who is such a threat to run. The Ravens know how to win. We don't. They know how to close out games. We don't. They're lucky and get more than their share of brakes. WE don't. We have an uphill battle against them for sure.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 02:06 PM
Yep, well said. They’re winners and we’re losers
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 02:15 PM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
I hope Garrett folds him in half backwards.
He’s the only player in the league I actively root for injuries for.
I won’t apologize.

Weird.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 02:30 PM
Awesome choke job by the Colts... looked very Browns-esque in their ability to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. Holding an offense in check for 50 minutes just to let them run wild for the final 10.. just enough mistakes to lose the game..

But, if we want to win the division it's still ours to win, we shouldn't need help.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 02:50 PM
Agree on the choke job, but man, and we've seen it first hand... When that offense is behind the eight ball and they come out and play at that frenetic pace, they (read: Lamar Jackson) are nearly unstoppable.
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: Other Games Week 5 - 10/12/21 03:48 PM
Awesome choke job by the Colts... looked very Browns-esque in their ability to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. Holding an offense in check for 50 minutes just to let them run wild for the final 10.. just enough mistakes to lose the game..

But, if we want to win the division it's still ours to win, we shouldn't need help.

Agreed! It's not so much wanting or needing help with me as it is just wanting Ravens to lose every game and Lamar to break his legs running....
© DawgTalkers.net