DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: cfrs15 Injuries/Covid - 10/12/21 10:22 PM
Chandler Jones has Covid.

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/1448026137054097409?s=21

The Cardinals have placed star pass rusher Chandler Jones on the Reserve/COVID-19 list due to a positive test.
Posted By: FATE Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/12/21 10:36 PM
He's got the good Covid though, the one that lets you go back to work as soon as 24 hours later.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/12/21 10:37 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE
He's got the good Covid though, the one that lets you go back to work as soon as 24 hours later.

Probably because he’s vaccinated.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/12/21 10:59 PM
Let’s hope Greedy and Ward can return
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/12/21 11:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Maybe Newsome too. We need two of the three. Clowney being back would also be nice.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/12/21 11:04 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Maybe Newsome too. We need two of the three. Clowney being back would also be nice.
yeah Clowney is key too
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/12/21 11:11 PM
Let us not forget JOK, who had a throat contusion and went to the hospital after the game. Pretty sure he'll be ok, but awaiting a report.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/12/21 11:21 PM
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
Let us not forget JOK, who had a throat contusion and went to the hospital after the game. Pretty sure he'll be ok, but awaiting a report.

He tweeted that he’s fine and able to play.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/12/21 11:49 PM

So will league rules allow him to play or are they more lenient than last year?
Posted By: FATE Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 01:03 AM
Originally Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN

So will league rules allow him to play or are they more lenient than last year?

He just has to have two negative tests within 24 hours of each other. If you get Covid and are unvaccinated, you have to quarantine for ten days.

Apparently Covid, even if it pierces the vaccination wall, is less communicable if the person with Covid has been previously vaccinated, or some such nonsense.

#science
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 03:07 AM
and don't forget Wills & Conklin, and hopefully we're sifting through available swing tackles.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 03:12 AM
Should have all the MRI results tomorrow.
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 04:45 AM

yeah Clowney is key too

The fact that the browns are waiting until the last second to reveal the results of the MRI's done to ward, greedy,Conklin and clowney tells me it's not going to be good news. I believe they are waiting because they know Arizona is already game planning for us and simply want to make it as difficult as possible
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 05:10 AM
The Browns flew back from L.A. and arrived in CLE around ~3am Monday morning.

MRIs performed on on Tuesday, 10/12. As has been tradition, us fans should learn results on Wednesday 10/13.
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 06:56 AM
Nevertheless I am not expecting good news. At the start of the season I felt that only a bunch of major injuries to key players would stop us from getting to the super bowl. I feel like I jinxed us lol
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 11:39 AM
It's all your fault.

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 04:30 PM
https://twitter.com/jake_trotter/status/1448324942337126400?s=21

Browns not expected to practice today:
Chubb (calf)
Clowney (elbow, knee)
Conklin (knee)
Garrett (knee, ankle)
Hunt (wrist, knee)
McKinley (ankle, knee)
Njoku (knee)
M. Smith (abdomen)
J. Tretter (knee)
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 04:31 PM
https://twitter.com/jake_trotter/status/1448324942337126400?s=21

Browns not expected to practice today:
Chubb (calf)
Clowney (elbow, knee)
Conklin (knee)
Garrett (knee, ankle)
Hunt (wrist, knee)
McKinley (ankle, knee)
Njoku (knee)
M. Smith (abdomen)
J. Tretter (knee)

This means Ward, Newsome, Greedy, and Wills are back.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 04:34 PM
I, like every other Browns fan, would like to see us at full strength. At full strength we can beat anyone at home or on the road.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 04:34 PM
Are we sure he didn't just leave them out by accident. I mean, that would be great, but consider me shocked if that's true.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 04:34 PM
O/U Wills makes it through 3 quarters on Sunday?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 04:43 PM
Confirmed.

Camryn Justice
@camijustice
Denzel Ward, Greedy Williams, Greg Newsome II and Jedrick Wills Jr. are expected to practice today. #Browns

https://twitter.com/camijustice/status/1448328116443746306
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 04:47 PM
After how we Greedy has played there has to be a way we can get him on the field with Newsome back. Talk about an embarrassment of riches.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 05:29 PM
Zac Jackson
@AkronJackson
Browns clarify: Landry will run today. He won't participate in practice, so he won't be designated for return and start the 21-day window

https://twitter.com/AkronJackson/status/1448336353192783873
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 05:42 PM
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Are we sure he didn't just leave them out by accident. I mean, that would be great, but consider me shocked if that's true.
Ran out of room on the list.
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 09:20 PM
Chub and hunt not practicing worries me
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/13/21 09:49 PM
Originally Posted By: slick
Chub and hunt not practicing worries me

I believe they will be fine. Stefanski seems to take it really careful with those with relatively minor injuries, especially early in the week.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 01:03 AM
After how we Greedy has played there has to be a way we can get him on the field with Newsome back. Talk about an embarrassment of riches.

more reason why Ward will not be back next year
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 01:16 AM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

more reason why Ward will not be back next year

Ward will be back next year. The Browns exercised his 5th year option back in April. If the Browns release Ward next year there will be a dead cap of $13.294M.

Only if the Browns trade him will there be $0 in dead cap and $13.294M in cap savings.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/denzel-ward-25099/
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 09:35 AM
Having Ward, Newsome, and Greedy all available is very good
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 12:25 PM
j/c:

#Cardinals have already ruled out All-Pro center Rodney Hudson for Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland. He suffered a rib injury vs. San Francisco. Significant.
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1448333504467591170
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 01:07 PM
That helps
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 01:09 PM
Having a backup helping out vs McDowell? Sounds good to me.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 03:30 PM
Cardinals put Maxx Williams, Ezekiel Turner on IR
Josh Alper
1 day ago

Word this week was that Cardinals tight end Maxx Williams will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury and the Cardinals moved him off of the active roster on Wednesday.

Williams has been placed on injured reserve. Defensive back Ezekiel Turner has also been placed on the list after hurting his shoulder.

Almost all of Turner’s playing time with Arizona has come on special teams. He had four tackles in the first five games of this season.

The Cardinals announced that they have signed safety James Wiggins off of the practice squad to fill one of the open roster spots. They’ve also designated defensive lineman Jordan Phillips and offensive lineman Joshua Miles to return from injured reserve.

In addition to those moves, the Cardinals signed tight end Richard Rodgers, linebacker Joe Walker and cornerback Kevin Peterson to their practice squad.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...impression=true
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 03:51 PM
j/c...

Zac Jackson
@AkronJackson
Denzel Ward said he expects to play Sunday. Said he had injured his neck in Minnesota and that prevented him from going past the first quarter last week, but he’s “good” for this week.

https://twitter.com/AkronJackson/status/1448670216527953927
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 04:22 PM
Maxx Williams is a pretty big loss for the Cardinals. He plays a ton of snaps and is a pretty good blocker.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 05:34 PM
Per source, there have been three positive COVID tests reported with the Arizona Cardinals this week, leading to increased testing for several players and personnel. The team is not yet required to move to intensive protocols, but one more positive test would put them there.
https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/1448700806274879492

League makeup call from the botched OPI. brownie
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 06:01 PM
Haha, the refs union is out there spreading COVID now.

Along that line, though, Bosa complained about the refs to the media and then SD got more than favorable calls last weekend. Hopefully Mayfield complaining does the same for us.

No, I'm not seriously banking on that, but one can hope...
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 07:49 PM
Browns injury list for computer geeks - grep 'Browns injuries' | more
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 09:21 PM

Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 09:22 PM
It's worrisome that neither Chubb or Hunt have practiced this week. Wills downgraded.
Man, I cannot recall us ever being so completely wrecked. We are taking a BEATING every single game this year.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 09:38 PM
A lot of these guys are just getting rest days and basically locks to play.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/14/21 10:35 PM
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 12:18 AM
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 02:58 PM
That's what goes up my backside. We have all this talent and we can't get them on the field at the same time. I was watching a show on ESPN and i forgot who said it but he mentioned of all the teams he's seen this year our Browns have the most talent. He said we are loaded. That's great to hear but it's no good if we can't put it all on the field. I hope the year isn't wasted because of this. We need to get healthy. That seems to be our biggest threat to our success right now..
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 04:16 PM
Now is the time to worry if Nick Chubb is playing or not.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 04:17 PM
From that article:
"Clowney has two sacks, five tackles for loss and seven quarterback hits in four games."

I looked it up to compare to Vernon, and it's no comparison.
He's already surpassed 2019 Vernon, and in just four games he's nearly halfway to Vernon's 2020 production.

To add to that, Takk is on pace to surpass what Vernon did as well.
THIS is exactly the sort of upgrade we needed at DE.

Now, we just need these monsters to stay healthy.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 04:40 PM
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 04:44 PM
Terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible. Man, WTH is happening to our guys???
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 04:47 PM
I have to wonder if that isn't somehow related to Hunt getting so much playing time late in the Charger game? Maybe some of our posters jumped to the wrong conclusion on that one?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 04:59 PM
It definitely makes sense. Hopefully, it isn't anything too serious and doesn't go beyond this week.
Get well, Nick!
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 05:00 PM
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 05:11 PM
Well hey if Baker was ever going to prove the haters wrong and show he's "the guy" who can not just manage but actually lead his team to a Super Bowl and get paid $$$ this week looks like it.

Home game.
Going against a top tier team with an elite QB.
Going to have to score points.
No Chubb so D will likely sell out on stopping Hunt.
Running the ball, screens and draws likely not going to be "enough".
Put your big boy pants on and prove you can win a big-time game with your arm
Put up or shut up time IMO
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by GraffZ06
Well hey if Baker was ever going to prove the haters wrong and show he's "the guy" who can not just manage but actually lead his team to a Super Bowl and get paid $$$ this week looks like it.

Home game.
Going against a top tier team with an elite QB.
Going to have to score points.
No Chubb so D will likely sell out on stopping Hunt.
Running the ball, screens and draws likely not going to be "enough".
Put your big boy pants on and prove you can win a big-time game with your arm
Put up or shut up time IMO

yeah for sure - providing the gameplan allows for it
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 05:37 PM
That's what cracks me up. It's like they expect Baker to run plays that aren't being called.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 05:37 PM
Makes sense now why Chubb wasn�t in there in the end last week. Sucks to be without him
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 05:38 PM
We've done it before and gotten through it. Just hope Hunt is ready for some work.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
We've done it before and gotten through it. Just hope Hunt is ready for some work.

Looks like a good opportunity for D'Ernest to show out. He's done pretty well in the limited opportunities he's had.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 06:20 PM
This offseason we really need to look at our Medical and S&R staff..
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 06:58 PM
With Chubb out, I see Felton getting more playing time in the backfield. IMO, if our line is healthy, we will have enough horses to run on them.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
With Chubb out, I see Felton getting more playing time in the backfield. IMO, if our line is healthy, we will have enough horses to run on them.

Good point on Felton. I suspect you're right and we'll see him more. Wonder if they'll go with Hunt as our traditional back with Felton as our 3rd down back, or if they just rotate series like they've been doing with Chubb/Hunt.

Then again, I thought we'd feature Felton in the slot more when Landry went out and that hasn't been the case as we've featured the TE's in multiple formations instead.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/15/21 09:51 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/16/21 03:19 AM
j/c...

Updated odds on the moneyline:

Cardinals (+150)

Browns (-175)
Posted By: eotab Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/16/21 11:22 AM
Chubb out and Hunt questionable...time for dime a dozen kids to step up
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/16/21 01:23 PM
Eo, I'm not sure that after last week, there can actually be anyone that thinks the "dime a dozen" comments hold true..
Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/16/21 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by eotab
Chubb out and Hunt questionable...time for dime a dozen kids to step up

D'ernest Johnson.....Fear the apostrophe!!!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/16/21 03:10 PM
Free Felton! Put him multiple places and kick the tires. Some guys have a "game gear" that kicks in and I suspect he may be one of them. Really want to see more of this player.

Unleash the Elf!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/16/21 03:56 PM
With the wind forecast, it�ll be interesting to see if we use Felton or Johnson more
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/16/21 04:34 PM
j/c...

Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
The #Browns have bumped OT Alex Taylor, DT Sheldon Day and CB Herb Miller to the active roster

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1449412279632596996
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/16/21 04:53 PM
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The #AZCardinals leave in about an hour for Cleveland, and source said they have no new positive COVID-19 tests. There is another test tomorrow, but a good sign.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1449417978391367680
Posted By: Dave Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/16/21 09:11 PM
Has anyone seen any update on Chandler Jones? I haven't seen any reports since it was announced he was on the Covid list. I understand about HIPAA laws, but it seems like we might have heard something about whether he was available to play tomorrow. Everything I have read says he probably will be out. Its kind of a big deal considering the Browns are starting backups at both OT positions. That said, I would certainly rather he not be sick, but since he is ...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/16/21 09:31 PM
He’s been ruled OUT I believe
Posted By: Dave Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/16/21 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
He’s been ruled OUT I believe

Thanks, but I was looking for a link.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/16/21 10:56 PM
MoreForYouCleveland
@MoreForYou_CLE
ICYMI:

Chandler Jones was officially ruled out of tomorrow’s game vs #Browns (COVID)
10:02 AM · Oct 16, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Posted By: Jester Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/17/21 12:31 AM
Guess this fits here. Not directly related to injury but these moves are surely driven by injuries.

Browns make roster moves
The Browns have signed T Alex Taylor to the active roster from the practice squad and elevated DT Sheldon Day and CB Herb Miller to the active roster

Oct 16, 2021 at 12:26 PM
BrownsStripe
ClevelandBrowns.com

The Cleveland Browns have signed T Alex Taylor to the active roster from the practice squad. The club also elevated DT Sheldon Day and CB Herb Miller to the active roster. In addition, the team waived TE Connor Davis from injured reserve.

Taylor is 6-8, 301 pounds and is officially in his first NFL season out of South Carolina State. Originally signed by the Browns as an undrafted free agent in 2020, Taylor appeared in one game with the Browns as a rookie and spent time on the club's practice squad. He spent four weeks on the Bears' practice squad this season before joining the Browns' practice squad on Oct. 12. Taylor will wear No. 70.

Day is 6-1, 293 pounds and in his sixth NFL season out of Notre Dame. Originally a fourth-round pick by Jacksonville in 2016, Day has appeared in 60 career games with the Jaguars (2016-17), 49ers (2017-19) and Colts (2020). Day initially joined the Browns practice squad in Week 17 in 2020. He will wear No. 92.
Miller (6-1, 201) is a first-year player originally signed by Kansas City as an undrafted free agent in 2019. He has appeared in four career games, all with Tampa Bay in 2020. The Florida Atlantic product has spent time on the Browns' and Buccaneers' practice squads this season. Miller will wear No. 29.

A club can carry up to 55 players on its roster during a given week by elevating one or two players from its practice squad prior to the transaction deadline that precedes the game. The rule allows teams a larger pool from which to select their 47 or 48 game-day active players. Any player elevated from the practice squad for this purpose will immediately revert to his team's practice squad the day following the game.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/new...1_7IfhhV5dVkYpLrJVkQ5DK8x7rjpThlCyQfFFJY
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/17/21 09:54 AM
So it looks like Wills/Conklin are out. That’s not ideal
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/17/21 04:03 PM
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/17/21 04:06 PM
They should just let Hance play. JW needs to heal up.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/17/21 04:20 PM
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/17/21 04:50 PM
Unfortunately no wills,Conklin or chub may be all that is needed for us to be beaten 🙁
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/18/21 10:29 PM
Well this article doesn't paint a positive note for Baker, unless you're one of the haters then you'll get your wish and get to see Case Keenan! If he needs a second opinion then I'd say he didn't get good news.... https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...efore-determining-qbs-status-vs-broncos/
Posted By: mac Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/18/21 11:33 PM
Reviewing the play, what is so sad is the Browns had Watt double teamed with Treeter on Watt's right shoulder and Teller on Watt's left shoulder they had Watt's progress up field 'stoned'.

Teller looks to his right to see it there is anyone there to block, losing contact with Watt, leaving Treeter who remained in contract with Watt's right shoulder but only for a split second.

Bitonio was bull rushed and shoved all the back into Mayfield's face, causing him to avoid Bitonio's man, moving toward the line of scrimmage on the left side...Watt makes on move around Treeter and there is no one to protect Baker who is running left looking down field when Watt grabs Mayfield's left leg..Mayfield fumbles as he crashes down on his left shoulder.

Not what I would call a good attempt at 'protecting' our QB with our 3 best OLineman LG, C & RG getting beat and allowing their QB to get killed by a Cardinal DLineman who refused to give up on the play.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injuries/Covid - 10/19/21 12:10 AM
© DawgTalkers.net