DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Injuries - 10/19/21 01:05 PM
this is the most dire we’ve been with the injury bug in years IMO. There’s a real possibility we’ll be without Conklin, Wills, Chubb, Hunt, OBJ, Landry, JOK … and there’s even rumors swirling that Baker will be electing surgery and will be done for the year.

Not sure how else to put it besides this sucks.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 02:11 PM
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 02:39 PM
we need to take a good look at our medical and strength and conditioning staff.. This is isn't normal and it seems to always be the case
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 03:08 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 03:16 PM
That’s good news I think
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 03:26 PM
Starting to think he's going to try and play...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 03:33 PM

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 05:17 PM

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 05:19 PM
It sounds like Baker is going to play.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 05:21 PM
We better hope the OTs play
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 10:04 PM
After our 2nd preseason game, where we played almost none of our starters and all 2nd and 3rd string guys and even guys who wouldn't be here 2 weeks later, I jokingly said, that I was not impressed and there is no way we can win a Super Bowl with the team we put on the field. I didn't realize that by week 7, that would be the team on the field.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
After our 2nd preseason game, where we played almost none of our starters and all 2nd and 3rd string guys and even guys who wouldn't be here 2 weeks later, I jokingly said, that I was not impressed and there is no way we can win a Super Bowl with the team we put on the field. I didn't realize that by week 7, that would be the team on the field.

That's funny, but I couldn't laugh.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 10:30 PM
j/c...

Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 10:39 PM
I just hope Stefanski is game planning to what he's got to work with. I think our RBs will be ok, they aren't Chubb and Hunt but then, who is?... we need to run the ball as much as we can and the passing game needs to be quick throws, bubble screens, screens, slants, quick outs.. things that keep Baker out of harms way.. we need to eliminate the stupid penalties that put us in bad down/distance situations.... and the stars on defense really need to show up and not just make some stops, they need to make some game changing plays, strip sacks, batted balls for INTs, etc...
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 10:44 PM
Baker is a warrior.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 11:05 PM
I am literally already depressed about this game. frown
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Injuries - 10/19/21 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Cool. So 35.8% of the roster is on the injury report....
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Baker is a warrior.

He absolutely is. He also might be a complete idiot. Dude is gonna get killed with no running game and no tackles while already injured. At what point do the coaches protect him from himself? Let Keenum get some bruises on Thursday and heal up for Pittsburgh kid.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 12:44 AM
Browns Injury Report:

The team
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Browns Injury Report:

The team

Browns take the field injured. 15 yard penalty to be enforced on kick off.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 04:22 AM
LOL and I thought we were going to the Super Bowl this year...

Last time I'll ever do that!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 11:36 AM
War and Peace is shorter than our list
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by GraffZ06
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Baker is a warrior.

He absolutely is. He also might be a complete idiot. Dude is gonna get killed with no running game and no tackles while already injured. At what point do the coaches protect him from himself? Let Keenum get some bruises on Thursday and heal up for Pittsburgh kid.
Can't help but wonder, if the Browns were 5-1 as they very well could be right now.. and Baker wasn't getting all kinds of criticism... all else being equal, if he wouldn't shut it down this week. I have to think he would.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 01:54 PM
there are some stains on the yellow brick road and folks ae upset .. lol
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 01:55 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 02:23 PM
You are correct LOLetc.
willynilly
Worse than that it reads, ironically, like Paradise Lost. And like that book which I mostly hated, a critic observed that none would have wished it any longer. I hate the injury list now. I dread what it may be at the far end of this tunnel.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 02:37 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 02:41 PM
Lol
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 02:42 PM
Beau Bishop, says, Keenum to start. ...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 02:46 PM
Case Keenum starting for one game is not a disaster. Anything more than that and it’s big trouble.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Case Keenum starting for one game is not a disaster. Anything more than that and it’s big trouble.

Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 03:14 PM

he forgot the starting FB and the #6 linemen too
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

This is going to be UGLY. crazy
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 03:20 PM
I also am worried that Baker may be done for the season, as torn muscles, tendons, and/or ligaments, don't tend to heal up in a week or 2.

I was really worried when he said that his shoulder went out of place again twice during the Cards game. Looks like my worst fears may have come to light. crazy banghead
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 03:44 PM
end of season rapidly approaching. Need to scrap the whole medical and conditioning staff this offseason. Injuries are expected, this amount is not.. They aren't being conditioned correctly. I also wonder if no time in preseason is coming back to haunt. preseason is a good time to get used to full game contact in a non factor game. I can see both sides but lean more towards I think starters should play some.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 04:02 PM
Yeah, this won’t end well at this point. Tough to salvage with our injuries, schedule, division, etc.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by leadtheway
end of season rapidly approaching. Need to scrap the whole medical and conditioning staff this offseason. Injuries are expected, this amount is not.. They aren't being conditioned correctly. I also wonder if no time in preseason is coming back to haunt. preseason is a good time to get used to full game contact in a non factor game. I can see both sides but lean more towards I think starters should play some.

Baker needs to learn not to try and tackle people with his arms, first and foremost
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 04:24 PM
If we win this game with our 2nd string offense, Stefanski should get a statue.

If ever there was a game where we need the defense that showed up for Chicago, it is this week. We are toast without it.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 04:30 PM

he forgot the starting FB and the #6 linemen too

We've got them right where we wanted them!!

::springs trap on Denver::

Yeah, if you don't think their Defense is going to take it as a matter of very personal pride to ensure they don't get beat by us, you're nuts.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 04:44 PM
I'd be surprised if we score 10 points. Denver was a top 3 defense at one point. Going to take some magic and a miracle. Only good thing is their offense is trash too
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 05:00 PM
It's hard for any of us to actually know what the best decision is in regards to Baker starting or not because we're not on the inside of things to know the details of what's going on with his injury. So everything on our part, including my own, is simply guess work at this juncture. My guess work believes it's probably for the best.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 05:20 PM
Case Keenum starting is not a disaster. Case Keenum starting without Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt... could be.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 05:22 PM
Case Keenum starting is not a disaster. Case Keenum starting without Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt... could be.

Of course. He can at least run the offense though. It’s not Cody Kessler level incompetence.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 05:23 PM
Add Wills and Conklin not playing to the possible disaster scenario.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 05:30 PM

Of course. He can at least run the offense though. It’s not Cody Kessler level incompetence.
True. Coming out of preseason I thought Keenum was the better choice over Lauletta as the back-up because of experience and because we would have the running game to lean on.. Lauletta appeared to be quite obviously better at just throwing the football. Now I'm second guessing that thought process.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 05:55 PM

it sounds like our starting offense will be
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Alex Taylor
Joel Bitonio
Michael Dunn/a guy named Blake
Wyatt Teller
James Hudson III
Austin Hooper
Rashard Higgins
Case Keenum
Demetric Felton/Johnson
Johnny Stanton IV

Players we are going to be without
Landry
Wills
Conklin
Baker
Chubb
Hunt
JOK
Janovich
Forbes
Hubbard
Stweart
Phillips
Harris

Likely to be without
JC Tretter
OBJ
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 06:12 PM
And while we are struggling to field a healthy team, all 3 of our division rivals are playing better than anticipated.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 06:22 PM
Is lauretta still available? Could be prudent.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 06:33 PM

it sounds like our starting offense will be
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Alex Taylor
Joel Bitonio
Michael Dunn/a guy named Blake
Wyatt Teller
James Hudson III
Austin Hooper
Rashard Higgins
Case Keenum
Demetric Felton/Johnson
Johnny Stanton IV

Players we are going to be without
Landry
Wills
Conklin
Baker
Chubb
Hunt
JOK
Janovich
Forbes
Hubbard
Stweart
Phillips
Harris

Likely to be without
JC Tretter
OBJ
OK so simplify the offense, run the ball and help our young tackles. Johnson/Felton have the ability to be effective if used correctly. Make use of the TE, mix in some slants/screens. Possess the ball and help the defense. TAKE THE POINTS in the red zone. Might be an ugly win but a win is a win. Let's see if Stefanski figures it out.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 06:42 PM

True. Coming out of preseason I thought Keenum was the better choice over Lauletta as the back-up because of experience and because we would have the running game to lean on.. Lauletta appeared to be quite obviously better at just throwing the football. Now I'm second guessing that thought process.
Starting Keenum with some actual gameplanning behind him should look much better than preseason when they're just going vanilla. Keenum minus half our line and our RBs is concerning, though.

KS needs to resurrect some of that genius from last year for us to win this.
Posted By: Swish Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 07:11 PM
Well guys, there might be time for some of us to get signed before tomorrow’s game. Our team needs bodies.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 07:32 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 08:46 PM
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 09:26 PM
Can he play tackle?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 09:30 PM
We need Jarvis IMO
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Can he play tackle?
qb? running back?
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Injuries - 10/20/21 11:17 PM
QB is actually yes...
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 12:23 AM
At least Jarvis could play QB in an emergency and he is a playmaker/team motivator so it would be good if he could play.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 01:28 AM
Posted By: jaybird Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
At least Jarvis could play QB in an emergency and he is a playmaker/team motivator so it would be good if he could play.

Agreed... with as many guys as we have out, getting Landry back would be a huge mental boost... as long as he's healthy... don't want him coming back too fast.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 02:49 AM
I would give Jarvis extra rest and not play him.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 03:00 AM
Originally Posted by Swish
Well guys, there might be time for some of us to get signed before tomorrow’s game. Our team needs bodies.

thumbsup

You young bucks go right ahead. I blew my chance during "Scab Season"...
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 05:32 AM
If we can get at least one OT back vs. denver , I’ll be somewhat happy about our chances: when our OL is healthy they can manhandle, & a lot of backs are made to look good.

I liked the way Kelly ran in the pre-season and d’Ernest has flashed at times. These guys are better backups than many teams have. And Keenum is a quality, above-average backup who knows the system and can win. If our D can show up, we likely beat them.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 12:18 PM
j/c:

With the flurry of writers and analysts this morning flooding the Browns injury news updates, I get the sense many believe this is what will happen:

- OBJ probably won't play, Jarvis probably will.
- Conklin probably won't play, Wills probably will.

Clearly, still fluid but this seems to be a common theme.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 12:19 PM
Hance will play RT

Jarvis for OBJ is a good thing for our offense IMO (then again, since Baker isn’t playing who knows?)

I sympathize with our coaching staff for managing this minefield of injuries
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 12:38 PM
https://dawgpounddaily.com/2021/10/...jury-report-schedule-live-stream-week-7/

Browns Injury Report vs Broncos Week 7
The following Browns players have been ruled out for today’s game against Denver

Nick Chubb, RB, Calf
A.J. Green, CB, Shoulder/Groin
Baker Mayfield, QB, Shoulder

The following players have been listed as questionable:

Odell Beckham, Jr., WR, Shoulder
Jadeveon Clowney, EDGE, Ankle/Chest/Knee
Jack Conklin, OT, Knee
Malik Jackson, DT, Knee
Malcolm Smith, LB, Abdomen
Jedrick Wills, OT, Ankle
J.C. Tretter, C, Knee
Mack Wilson, LB, Neck

We are obviously also without

Hunt
JOK
Janovich
Forbes
Hubbard
Stweart
Phillips
Harris
Posted By: jfanent Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 03:29 PM
Just who is our backup qb tonight? Gradkowski's just down the road coaching HS ball in Toledo.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 03:43 PM
I am sure that Mullins will be brought up to the main roster before the game tonight.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 03:58 PM
Agreed. If he is active, Jarvis can play QB if Mullins goes down.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 04:39 PM
j/c...

Posted By: mac Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 04:47 PM
Do the Browns lead the NFL in injuries?

It sure appears that the Browns have far more injuries than nearly all of the other teams...and it is time to ask WHY?

What the hell are the Browns doing wrong?...is it the training schedule/program?

I realize injuries are part of game, but the rash of injuries suffered by the Browns should be a concern for those in charge of training and conditioning.

The Browns appear to be one of the teams with the most injuries so far this season and as we now see, it can ruin a season if everyone is on IR.

Are we dealing with issues of 'overworking' or 'underworking' the players? Either situation can contribute to injuries. From some of the reading material I read during training camp and preseason, the coaches took if fairly 'easy' on the team during training camp and the pre-season, not playing the starters until the last preseason game.

Some of the teams played their starters in every game of the 3 game preseason.

If the stat guys want to analyse something, analyse the Browns injury issue.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 04:52 PM
The Juice is loose!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Agreed. If he is active, Jarvis can play QB if Mullins goes down.

Johnny Stanton played QB in college
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 04:59 PM
The Juice is loose!

Go get that bronco!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 04:59 PM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 05:01 PM
this sounds terrible but,,, I was writing this game off as a loss in hopes that we would let these players get healthy for another 10 days.

seems silly to rush wills rush landry onto the field
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 05:15 PM
Landry helps honestly. I thought we badly needed him BEFORE the rash of injuries
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 05:16 PM
Are we rushing him? IIRC, this was about the timetable for his return when he first went down.

I'm more worried about Wills.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 05:27 PM
What version of VG are we going to get … is he really ready or are we rushing him … i don’t know …

After the powers that be let Hunt play last week, I have very little faith in them not rushing players back … he looked like a shell of himself from the first carry on …

Same with Wills … what version of him are we going to get … is he coming back because a 75% Wills is better than a 100% Hudson or is Wills close enough …

I have no clue but based off what they did with Hunt last week … it makes me wonder …
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 05:35 PM
Yeah, I cant imagine that Wills is totally ready. He was very badly injured IMO. He probably needs a good 3-4 weeks
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 05:59 PM
The tough part with Wills (IMO) is that I believe his injury is one that will absolutely get better with rest. So playing him is a dangerous balancing act/gamble of him contributing to our Oline and continuing his being hobbled.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 06:09 PM
He's had almost a full two weeks to rest it, so he can hopefully get through tonight. After that, he has 10 more days to rest it again. Obviously, it would be a whole lot better to just have him miss tonight, but we're better with him.

Getting him Landry back isn't just huge, it's monumental. The different in what we can do just by adding those two guys into the mix is MASSIVE, and we actually stand a chance, now. It's pretty slim, but we have a chance.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 07:06 PM
Browns activate WR Jarvis Landry and elevate two from practice squad
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/new...ndry-and-elevate-two-from-practice-squad

The Cleveland Browns have activated WR Jarvis Landry from injured reserve and elevated QB Nick Mullens and CB Herb Miller.

Landry, a five-time Pro Bowler, has appeared in two games this season and caught six passes for 80 yards, while adding two rushes for 13 yards and a touchdown. He was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury on Sept. 21 and was designated for return on Oct. 15.

Mullens is 6-1, 210 pounds and in his fourth NFL season out of Southern Mississippi. Originally signed by San Francisco as an undrafted free agent in 2017, Mullens has appeared in 19 career games with 16 starts, completing 387 passes for 4,714 yards with 25 touchdowns. He has spent the 2021 season on the Browns' practice squad. Mullens will wear No. 9.

Miller (6-1, 201) is a first-year player originally signed by Kansas City as an undrafted free agent in 2019. He has appeared in five career games (four with Tampa Bay in 2020 and one with Cleveland in 2021). The Florida Atlantic product appeared on special teams for the Browns in Week 6 and has spent time on the Browns' and Buccaneers' practice squads this season. Miller will wear No. 29.

A club can carry up to 55 players on its roster during a given week by elevating one or two players from its practice squad prior to the transaction deadline that precedes the game. The rule allows teams a larger pool from which to select their 47 or 48 game-day active players. Any player elevated from the practice squad for this purpose will immediately revert to his team's practice squad the day following the game.

*A player on injured reserve is allowed to return after missing only three games, and teams may return an unlimited number of players from injured reserve throughout the year.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 11:13 PM

I'd rather have a healthy CK than an injured BM....
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injuries - 10/21/21 11:44 PM
Baker wi be out for a few weeks. That sucks
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 10/22/21 12:02 AM
Gosh it sounds like more than a few weeks
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Injuries - 10/22/21 12:22 AM
DPJ is questionable with a leg injury. banghead
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 10/22/21 12:22 AM
DPJ is now Questionable with a groin.
© DawgTalkers.net