Posted By: DaveyD Re: Injuries - 11/17/21 05:27 PM
That means he will put up 350 yds and 3 TDs against the Browns
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 11/17/21 06:08 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 11/17/21 06:39 PM
I really really hope we dont play an unknown QB
Posted By: FATE Re: Injuries - 11/17/21 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Amen brother. We will turn him into a superstar by defending him like he's Mahommes.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 11/17/21 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
Amen brother. We will turn him into a superstar by defending him like he's Mahommes.

It won't matter how we defend him. If we stay home like he's Mahomes, he'll light us up and if we try to pressure the snot out of him he'll tear us a new one on the ground - even if he isn't a running QB.
It's just how it is.

Seriously, though, it would be really nice to a see the defense we played against Fields and the Bears.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 11/17/21 06:58 PM
I dont know why we would ever get away from the aggressive style we saw against Chicago or Cincinnati. To me we looked light years better
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injuries - 11/17/21 07:34 PM
Opponent talent levels, coaching, and schemes is why.

In general, yes, we should always use that as a starting point, but you have to prepare to adjust from that in advance.

I feel like we take the whole "opponent-specific game planning" thing to the point of it being a detriment and we get so locked in on trying to figure out how best to take advantage of them that we completely lose sight of starting from the base of who we are.
There are aspects that should ALWAYS be present based on what we do best and we shouldn't stop doing those things just to go to some other level of trying to be something else for a given opponent.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 11/17/21 09:07 PM

Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injuries - 11/17/21 09:26 PM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Injuries - 11/17/21 10:14 PM
Pretty soon we'll have "Page 1" and "Page 2" on our injury report. Just get a list of the players on the roster and put a big, clear BandAid on it. crazy
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries - 11/17/21 10:20 PM
I dont know why we would ever get away from the aggressive style we saw against Chicago or Cincinnati. To me we looked light years better

That's joe woods for ys
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 11/17/21 10:43 PM
Greedy is a full participant. Happy about that.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Injuries - 11/17/21 11:11 PM
Don't you all think it's about time to shutdown Baker and roll with Keenum & Mullens?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 11/17/21 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Don't you all think it's about time to shutdown Baker and roll with Keenum & Mullens?

Once the season is actually toast then yes. As long as he is able to be in the field he is our best chance at winning. If the people with degrees say he’s not able to play then he won’t play.
Posted By: slick Re: Injuries - 11/18/21 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by cfrs15

Once the season is actually toast then yes. As long as he is able to be in the field he is our best chance at winning. If the people with degrees say he’s not able to play then he won’t play.

I would shut him down THIS week. If the lions are playing thier 2nd string qb, which they very well may have to then I would say play Keenum and let Baker get as healthy as possible for ravens
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Injuries - 11/18/21 02:33 AM

Since I'm told that he can't really do more damage to it, then as long as he and the staff feel like he can go, then why not?

Baker is aware of the swirling criticism around him and the calls for him to be replaced, not just temporarily for injury but for good... the last thing he wants to add to that is the notion that he's soft and he bailed on his team while they were still alive for a playoff spot. Plus, he is one helluva competitive guy and I'm sure he's frustrated with the lackluster offense and wants to be a part of getting it fixed and he wants to win games.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 11/18/21 01:32 PM
Save him from the knee-biters?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 11/18/21 03:12 PM
Depending on when he first tested positive Chubb should be off the Covid list today or tomorrow if he has had no symptoms for 24 hours. If he tested positive the the 8th then he can be back today, the 9th (when we learned about his positive test) then tomorrow.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 11/18/21 03:15 PM
Depending on when he first tested positive Chubb should be off the Covid list today or tomorrow if he has had no symptoms for 24 hours. If he tested positive the the 8th then he can be back today, the 9th (when we learned about his positive test) then tomorrow.

Zegura said on CBD yesterday (shoot me!) that Chubb is expected to be back at practice on Friday.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 11/18/21 03:30 PM

With the exception of the Bengals game we haven't scored over 17 points since October 10th. So at this point I don't think it would make any difference either way.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 11/18/21 05:48 PM
j/c...

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 11/18/21 06:49 PM

Why am I worried about losing to a winless team that either has their horrible QB not practicing or a rookie QB who was horrible in college?

Because I have Browns fan DNA that’s why.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 11/18/21 07:01 PM
Needn't worry this week. Baker is going to ball out after this news...

Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Injuries - 11/18/21 08:42 PM
And I think it would be swell if Ski (or Van Pelt) might let him do it. Offense has been a scavenger hunt for points. Wish BM would ball out, but the calls have obviously limited us. Get some scoring this week. Blistering defense might be nicer a change.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 11/18/21 09:04 PM
So are you trying to say Stefanski is telling Baker he isn't allowed to throw downfield to open WR's?
Posted By: Dave Re: Injuries - 11/19/21 03:41 PM
Browns activate Nick Chubb and Demetric Felton off Covid reserve list.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...-reserve-in-time-for-the-lions-game.html
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injuries - 11/19/21 04:13 PM
This is one of the few times I can respond "WE'RE SAVED!" to one of these announcements without a hint of sarcasm.
Posted By: FATE Re: Injuries - 11/19/21 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
This is one of the few times I can respond "WE'RE SAVED!" to one of these announcements without a hint of sarcasm.
Lol. No doubt. And hopefully Hunt can make his return very soon and we can say "WE'RE BAAAACK!"... before it's too late.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Injuries - 11/19/21 05:20 PM
Oh blessed be
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 11/19/21 05:46 PM

If we lose to Tim Boyle I am throwing myself off the Browns fandom bridge.
Posted By: FATE Re: Injuries - 11/19/21 05:52 PM
I'll join you at the bottom with a hand grenade, in case the impact doesn't do the trick.
Posted By: Dave Re: Injuries - 11/19/21 06:23 PM
The Boyle - Blough debate is probably raging on Lion's message boards everywhere, turning brothers against brothers and tearing families apart.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 11/19/21 06:32 PM
Tim Boyle leading the winless Lions into Cleveland Thanksgiving week to put us into a tailspin … this one has all the makings
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 11/19/21 09:33 PM
j/c...

Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Injuries - 11/19/21 10:43 PM
If DPJ can't go maybe we'll see our annual Hollywood Higgins resurrection.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 11/19/21 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by TrooperDawg

It's pretty weird that's he's gotten buried by three different coaching staffs over four separate years.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Injuries - 11/20/21 01:01 AM
Anyone else not too impressed with Clowney and/or the Clowney-Garrett previously hyped wreck the league combo?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 11/20/21 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Anyone else not too impressed with Clowney and/or the Clowney-Garrett previously hyped wreck the league combo?

Leading the league in basically every pass rush statistic as a team not good enough for you?
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Injuries - 11/20/21 01:40 PM
I'm very unimpressed based on what the world believed would transpire. I can only wonder though what the results would be if the refs didn't allow MG to be bear-hugged a dozen + times per game. I also think MG is very aware of the sack count and all too often appears to be selling out at the chance of getting another sack. Notable when we play a mobile QB.
Clowney is much more of a run-stopper than a pass rusher - which is what we were told before he came here. He's still injured a lot. I thought they'd be more of a terror than they've been thus far.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 11/20/21 02:02 PM

It's pretty weird that's he's gotten buried by three different coaching staffs over four separate years.

Yet people can't seem to come to grips that there must be a reason for that.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injuries - 11/20/21 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Yet people can't seem to come to grips that there must be a reason for that.

But what is the reason? We see him produce more often than not.
One year he was our second best receiver.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 11/20/21 04:15 PM
j/c...

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injuries - 11/20/21 04:16 PM
I'm not involved in their practices. I'm not involved in the decision making so as to the specifics of why I can't say. But the fact of the matter is every HC that's been here has had him buried on the depth chart. As such they have all seemed to agree that there are more talented WR's on the depth chart they feel have more talent than Higgins. And while you may say he was our second "best WR" I think it would be more accurate to say he was second in total receiving yardage. This is his sixth season as a pro and his best two seasons were 599 yards and 572 yards. That's not earth shattering and much of the time when he gets a lot of playing time it's due to those above him on the depth chart being injured. I just find it very hard not to believe that since every HC we've had seems to come to the same conclusion on his depth and playing time there must be valid reasons for it that the fans either can't or don't see.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injuries - 11/20/21 06:46 PM
I can only think it is his blocking. As much as I was indifferent about OBJ I think he liked blocking people and he did it often and well.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 11/20/21 10:28 PM
It may be an ugly game tomorrow. Lions are physical and bad. We are just bad at the moment.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Injuries - 11/21/21 01:12 AM
It may be an ugly game tomorrow. Lions are physical and bad. We are just bad at the moment.

Yea, if we were physical, we might be able to tie them.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injuries - 11/21/21 02:54 AM
If I’m reading the tea leaves, it appears like we’re preparing for Hunt to be back vs Baltimore
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injuries - 11/21/21 03:56 AM

Likely to be ugly. Calling for rain the entire game.

Take the under!
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Injuries - 11/21/21 09:44 PM

Leading the league in basically every pass rush statistic as a team not good enough for you?

Care to quote sources? What percentage of those "stats" have led to game changing plays? Clowney has been somewhat of a disappointment to me. Our Defense tends to not play well against good teams. I have no issue with be proven wrong.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 11/21/21 10:20 PM

Care to quote sources? What percentage of those "stats" have led to game changing plays? Clowney has been somewhat of a disappointment to me. Our Defense tends to not play well against good teams. I have no issue with be proven wrong.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...g-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings

^ This is before today's game (obviously).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/defense_advanced.htm
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Injuries - 11/22/21 04:23 AM
j/c

Any word on JOK? He was gimping around near the end of the game.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injuries - 11/22/21 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
j/c

Any word on JOK? He was gimping around near the end of the game.

Just that he hurt the same ankle as before.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Injuries - 11/22/21 05:08 AM
thanks.

how fun.
© DawgTalkers.net