DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: mgh888 Other Games - 12/17/21 01:55 AM
Can you imagine GameDay thread with a start like Herbert is having ?

How did Baker play when healthy vs KC? Pretty well I think?

Hope Chargers and Herbert bounce back. I like them more than KC
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 12/17/21 02:43 AM
I won't have to watch one minute of the Thursday night game to suspect the bias's enforced by partial referees calls will decide the outcome of the game. Tell me if I'm wrong because I'm not watching that game.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 12/17/21 03:13 AM
well... it's been a pretty flag free game so far into the 3rd ... Seems like a very fair called game and enjoyable to watch. won't call ya wrong because lots of time left..
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 12/17/21 03:16 AM
9 points ...maybe if FG's were made left on the field trying to pick up 4th downs.. ridiculous !!
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 12/17/21 04:24 AM
Staley needs to trust in the kicker forget about analytics and kick FG's
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/17/21 01:32 PM
IIRC the Chargers went for it on 4th down a handful of times against us .. and converted. That was the difference in the game
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/17/21 07:02 PM
He played well against the Chargers too. He played pretty well against the Bengals too. I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make here? Is it that when he plays bad we should say he played good too?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 12/17/21 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make here? Is it that when he plays bad we should say he played good too?

rofl

Where did you get that from. Explain please. Or did you just make some more chit up for the hell of it?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/17/21 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888
Can you imagine GameDay thread with a start like Herbert is having ?

If the QB was performing poorly what do you think they should be saying in a game day thread? Would you expect anything rather than the honest truth about how he is playing in the game?
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 12/17/21 09:18 PM
Not much that is posted in the gameday thread has anything to do with "the honest truth". Its mostly a display of mass hysteria, imo.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 12/17/21 09:34 PM
Again - I didn't suggest posters should be saying anything one way or the other. You are once again trying to promote the idea something was implied when it absolutely wasn't. Maybe you can't post any other way?
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 12/17/21 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
9 points ...maybe if FG's were made left on the field trying to pick up 4th downs.. ridiculous !!
Right? And all these geeks pat you on the head and tell you it's analytics.

Teams are 0-49 when they fail three times on 4th down. Analytics destroying analytics...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 12/17/21 11:25 PM
0-49??? Are you saying their exists a record or inability to lose that the browns haven't shattered yet. banghead for shame for shame, don't give whatever any ideas.

No team had ever lost getting 4 ints'? browns lost to ravens, this year. No team had ever lost scoring a million points and being plus a hundred in turnovers or something? browns lost to the chargers earlier this year.

No team had lost with no time on the clock and the lead, (Dwayne Rudd helmet throwing game in 2001 against the chiefs)

0-49?? don't give anyone any ideas.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 12/17/21 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by FATE

Teams are 0-49 when they fail three times on 4th down. Analytics destroying analytics...
Love that 🤣
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 12/18/21 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
IIRC the Chargers went for it on 4th down a handful of times against us .. and converted. That was the difference in the game

Happy Birthday!

P.S. Is there any other NFL games on today (Saturday the 18th) now that our Browns game has been rescheduled?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 12/18/21 03:27 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule

Thankfully the internet is still up and running.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 12/18/21 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888
https://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule

Thankfully the internet is still up and running.

I love Saturday NFL games. Oh well, no NFL on this afternoon. The Pats/Colts game was the only one I knew of, but that's not on until 8:15 pm. Infinite sadness.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/18/21 05:04 PM

I wonder how often teams lose when they get four turnovers?
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 12/18/21 06:17 PM

I wonder how often teams lose when they get four turnovers?
Not sure why you're asking, I assume you're just drawing a correlation. I would assume you would lose most of the time, unless you're playing the Browns (thought maybe that's why you brought it up).

Other than that, the comparison ends right here: Getting turnovers is a mistake... going for it on fourth down is a decision.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 12/18/21 06:21 PM
Let's root for the Pats tonight; as much as I hate too.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 12/18/21 06:38 PM
I wonder how the numbers would look if going for it on fourth down and not getting there was also counted as a turnover.

Just a thought idea.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 02:22 AM
Things I never thought I'd hear during a 2021 NFL broadcast: "Look at the speed of Sendejo."
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 04:15 AM
You serious? Sendejo is still playing football?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 04:21 AM
Originally Posted by lampdogg
How in the hell was that last helmet to helmet shot by Sendejo NOT a penalty?
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 04:33 AM
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Because he's not wearing orange and brown?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 04:37 AM
Because he's not wearing orange and brown?
Ok, but it was a key play AGAINST the Patriots.... It's awkward when conspiracy theories collide. catfight
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 01:36 PM
Followed by "April Fool" I suspect. Wasn't sure he was still playing. Don't miss his production much personally.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 06:45 PM
Duke Johnson for the TD for Miami, didnt know he was still in the league
Posted By: slick Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 07:06 PM
The colts winning was a very bad thing for us as they now hold the tie breaker on us. Thier last 3 games are winnable. Cardinals next week is thier biggest challenge. Same cardinals are losing to lions right now. After that they have raiders and Jaguars. Jaguars mind as well be a bye week 🙄
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 07:37 PM
Yep... I don't see the AFC north getting a WC slot. We will need to win the division to make the playoffs
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 08:10 PM
The Browns want the Lions to win, if it ever comes down to strength of victory between the Browns and Bills this year, the Lions getting wins helps. (It's maybe 25th down the list of things, but... HEH!)
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 08:19 PM
Definitely not the same Arizona team that beat our eyeballs shut.
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 08:48 PM
So glad I decided to watch the Titans throw up on their shoes vs Pitt today. Gack!
Posted By: 85_Browns_Queen Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 08:51 PM
Titans crapping the bed. They could've put this away a long time ago.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 09:03 PM
Yep - I watched the game thinking Pit had no chance ... ugh
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 09:09 PM
Titans are a trash team and tannehill is a joke.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 09:10 PM
So now if we lose Pitt moves ahead of us
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 09:11 PM
The Titans just benefited from one of the worst spots ever and still didn’t get the first down.
Posted By: slick Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 09:15 PM
I hate the Steelers
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 09:25 PM
The thing that has not changed is we have to win games.

It doesn't matter what the Steelers do if we win. The first and more important thing is we need to win.
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 09:48 PM
Packers clinch NFC North if they win today. I wonder if they'd take the opportunity to rest Rodgers and that injured foot next week in that situation? Probably not. They still have a chance at home field throughout the playoffs, plus the network would scream bloody murder if he was rested for a nationally televised game.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 10:06 PM
Cmon Packers
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 10:13 PM
Huntley throws a better ball than Lamar, imo.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 10:16 PM
Okay, Baltimore is dicing the Packers right now … sigh
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 10:17 PM
Huntley>>Lamar
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 10:17 PM
I don't know what will happen next year but by the start of the 2023 season, Huntley will be the QB of the Ravens.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 10:17 PM
Chuck it up to Andrews is a Raven’s QBs best friend. Too bad Njoku isn’t Andrews.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Chuck it up to Andrews is a Raven’s QBs best friend. Too bad Njoku isn’t Andrews.
It isn't just chucking it up. The guy gets open, they run plays to get him open. Then yes, he makes plays.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 10:22 PM
Oh, I realize he’s the real deal. That was kinda my point. It makes a QBs job easier when you have a player that knows how to get open, and knows how to fight for contested balls. The Ravens can run a passing game through him. Something our team lacks.
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 10:22 PM
I sure hope TE is high on the Browns' list of priorities to address this off season, along with WR.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Dave
I sure hope TE is high on the Browns' list of priorities to address this off season, along with WR.

It has been, problem is we seem to pay the wrong guys (Hooper, Beckham)
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 10:53 PM
This Packers/Ravens game is making me more impressed with our win over those ratbirds.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 11:14 PM
what happened to Bridgewater? I tuned in just in time to see him leaving on a neck guerney.
Who hit him and what kind of a hit?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by TrooperDawg
This Packers/Ravens game is making me more impressed with our win over those ratbirds.
the packers are a lot like the bengals frown
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 11:22 PM
With exception to that one time in New England, the Ravens' Huntley is one of the best backup QBs I've ever seen. He's giving Green Bay a run for their money.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 11:30 PM
The Broncos offense is offensive
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 11:49 PM
They just said on Redzone that if the bungles win and the rats lose, Cincy will be in first place in the division and the rats will be on the outside looking in for a playoff spot.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 12/19/21 11:56 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like Bridgewater gets carted off the field every year?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 12:02 AM
Mixon looks like he just blew out his knee
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Psydeffect

Yet one did fine in Houston and the other did fine with the Giants and is again doing fine with the Rams. I wonder if that has been the problem?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by TrooperDawg

We certainly looked better against the defensively.
Posted By: slick Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 12:24 AM
Steelers and ravens are like a bad odor. They just keep lingering around
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Psydeffect

Yet one did fine in Houston and the other did fine with the Giants and is again doing fine with the Rams. I wonder if that has been the problem?

Hooper was on the Falcons.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 12:24 AM
I don’t think this is true long term but Huntley is better than Lamar today.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 12:27 AM
I am all for going to two to win instead of tie. Except when there are 42 seconds left and the other team has Aaron Rodgers.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 12:28 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by FrankZ
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

My thoughts exactly.
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 12:29 AM
Finally, the Ravens don't get the two-point conversion for the win. Holding my breath they don't get the on-sides kick and their kicker makes it from 70 yards....
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 12:31 AM
So the refs stay quiet and call the illegal formation in THIS game. LMAO....
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 12:35 AM
So the refs stay quiet and call the illegal formation in THIS game. LMAO....

I thought the same thing. Annoying.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 01:01 AM
Phew Ravens always make it interesting. So, now it’s our turn to hold serve. We gotta win tomorrow (obviously)
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 02:18 AM
Phew Ravens always make it interesting. So, now it’s our turn to hold serve. We gotta win tomorrow (obviously)
The Browns are officially in control of their own destiny. I get that expecting them to win out is a tall order, but if they do they need absolutely zero help to be division champions.

By beating the Bengals and Steelers, would give us a better record than them no matter what else they do.

Even if the Ravens win out, we would finish with the same record...
Tie breaker #1 head to head is a wash
Tie breaker #2 is division record and they would be 3-3 and we would be 4-2
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 02:31 AM
Well said. The Packers game is icing on the cake, but the three AFC games are all “must wins” to control it like you said
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 03:03 AM
Well said. The Packers game is icing on the cake, but the three AFC games are all “must wins” to control it like you said
With whatever we are going to put on the field for the Raiders game, we have to go 1-1 between the Raiders and Packers and win the other 2... I think a lot of people had written off that Packers game but if our B team loses to the Raiders, the Packers game becomes another must-win.

And I just watched the Ravens take them to a final 2-pt conversion chance with their back-up QB and missing a number of key players on defense.... it's not like the Packers can't be beat if we get our team back for Christmas.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 03:47 AM
The Saints are shutting out the Tampa Bay Brady's midway through the 4th quarter... this is one of the more fun 6-0 games I've seen in a while.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 04:00 AM
Brady looks like hot garbage
Posted By: Hammer Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 04:25 AM
probably release him after the game...
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 05:56 AM
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by leadtheway

Without legit WR options that could happen...Baker nods in agreement.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Originally Posted by leadtheway

Without legit WR options that could happen...Baker nods in agreement.

No, that Brady kid just sucks and is never going to amount to anything. If you'd just see that and accept that everything in that game was his fault, we can all move on without another look or thought.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 05:06 PM
If it becomes a trend you could be right. It will take further evidence. Everybody flames out at some point.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 05:46 PM
Brady and Gronk looked like trash last night without any outside threat
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 06:17 PM
We've seen it before. Great QB's and players who just wait too long to hang it up. I'm not saying that applies to Brady as of right now. But we could be seeing the beginning to the end. The first sign is how they play towards seasons end of the season. The older you get the more the punishment the long season takes a toll on the body late in the season. Being well rested earlier in the season isn't as tough. So it could be a hint of what we will see in the future or it could be an anomaly.

I'm older so two QB's that just waited too long to retire are Joe Namath and Joe Montana. It's very difficult for an athlete to admit it's time to go.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 07:27 PM
Definitely buy the concept, disagree with respect to Montana. He reinvented his throwing motion and his game mentality after the elbow injury and did well his last two seasons with the Chiefs. The "he should retire" narrative started after back surgery in his ninth season, all he did is win two SBs, lost two Conference Championship games and led his team to the playoffs every year until he retired... with pretty solid numbers.
Posted By: The Big G Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 07:42 PM
Tom Brady was the clear favorite for MVP until yesterday and is the reigning Super Bowl champ. I don't think we can say he's hung on too long. I would trade Baker and our next two first round picks just to have him for next season.
Posted By: Dave Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 07:49 PM
Brady lost Chris Godwin and Mike Evans early on last night. Gronk is still good, but he's not replacing a WR1 or WR2. Godwin is out for the year with a torn ACL, but Evans (strained Hammy) might play this weekend. Bucs also get Antonio Brown back this week after his suspension. I think Brady will be fine
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/20/21 07:55 PM
Oh he certainly hasn't hung on to long.... yet. The future will answer how that one plays out.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 12/22/21 02:46 AM
In the 4th quarter
3rd and 1 from the 30
Needing a TD
With Garrett Gilbert at QB

Ron Rivera lines up in a full power set, runs hard play action into the line, rolls out Gilbert, who hits a wide open TE down to the 1 yard line. And thats why we lose. We would have plowed into the 9 man defensive line twice to get the yard and, if we got it, we would still be on the 28.
© DawgTalkers.net