DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: superbowldogg Injures/covid - 12/22/21 04:53 AM
Posted By: slick Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 08:11 AM
I would be shocked if we didn't get back at least 75% of all players on covid list
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by slick
I would be shocked if we didn't get back at least 75% of all players on covid list

fingers crossed! no one from the original wave is back yet. I would imagine with traveling protocols, they have to clear by 2pm on the 23rd.

Plus, they have to not be contagious with a negative test (or two days of negative tests)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-play-rules-nfl-navigate-omicron-variant
Since the end of last week, the new protocol has not required a negative test. There are now a series of new combinations of single negative tests and cycle threshold (CT) readings that can in theory have a player back as soon as one day after a positive test.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 01:34 PM
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/202...medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

As the Cleveland Browns prepare for the final three games of the season, the roster will continue to be in flux. Players will come off the reserve/COVID-19 list this week and next. Players could go on and off the injured reserve list, although players put on this week would only be eligible to return during the playoffs if they are healthy enough.

Tuesday, the team made four roster moves. First, as reported, Takk McKinley was placed on the injured reserve due to his Achilles injury. McKinley is likely to miss much of next season as well with the injury.

Second, to take McKinley’s place on the roster, the Browns signed Porter Gustin from their practice squad to their active roster. Gustin played in 14 games for Cleveland last year, 22 total over three seasons, with 47 tackles and one sack to his record.

Finally, the team released TE Nick Guggemos and WR Alexander Hollins off of their practice squad.

With practice squad and roster spots available, expect a number of other moves from the Browns this week in advance of their matchup with the Green Bay Packers
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 03:40 PM
Would have been nice to keep Sheldon Richardson
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 05:03 PM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 05:17 PM
so.. the hammer is gone gone.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 05:38 PM
The Hammer is rightly gone
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 06:38 PM
at least we have Stefanski back
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
at least we have Stefanski back

Isnt that supposed to be in purple?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 07:29 PM
Oh dang
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 07:29 PM
So, Newsome's concussion was so bad it gave him covid?
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
The Hammer is rightly gone

I must have missed something......what is up with The Hammer?
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 08:08 PM
He has been Waived. He's no longer a Browns player.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Got that, Prpl. What was the reason?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Injures/covid - 12/22/21 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by bbrowns32

Got that, Prpl. What was the reason?

He has struggled and we have a veteran punter who is doing about as well.
Posted By: slick Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 01:48 AM
Newsome cant catch a break
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 02:29 AM
Well, he plays for the Browns, so....
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 05:26 PM
j/c...

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 05:33 PM
Nick Harris! Come on down!
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 05:37 PM
So, what are the rules, again?

If he's got the jab and is asymptomatic, Tretter can come off the list tomorrow??
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 05:38 PM
Call me crazy but I'm really starting to think we should just rest guys against GB. Roll with the 3rd stringers and hope to be healthy for final 2.

Even if we win, I don't think 10-7 gets us in as a Wild Card due to tie-breakers.

However, if we can beat both Cincy and Pitt, we'd be 4-2 in the division and own most of the tie-breakers. 9-8 might just win us the North if we win those two.

Analytics? Time to start playing the odds. Punt the GB game, hope you get all the covid guys back and Garrett and Hunt healthy and go all in on Pitt and Cincy IMO.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 05:40 PM
So, what are the rules, again?

If he's got the jab and is asymptomatic, Tretter can come off the list tomorrow??

Wait ten days or no symptoms, negative test.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 05:55 PM
I am an optimist by nature. A half full glass guy for sure.

But this year seems like the stars have aligned against us. A series of unfortunate events if you will.

The loss of Conklin really hurt this team because Hubbard was already done for the year. Wills has not played well.

So, OT has been a mess. Now you add Tretter.

It seems like we can not field the team we went into the season expecting to start.

You go into training camp thinking wow our starting lineup looks really good. Then it never happens.

9-8 at this point is a good season considering all that has gone down.

I think Andrew Berry is a fine young GM. I am sure he will learn from this season.

The glaring problems this year have been receiver depth, OT depth, and the kicking game.

Our punters and field goal kicker cost us big time. Once Odell was out of the picture receiver has been trouble. Schwartz has been a major disappointment. For a third round receiver you expect more in the way contributions.

Regular injuries and now covid have kicked our butt.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 06:00 PM
crazy
Posted By: Hammer Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 07:19 PM
crazy like a fox.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 07:22 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...and-browns-player-test-positive-covid-19

There goes Tretter
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 07:22 PM
same article above

Starting safety John Johnson III is out Saturday with a hamstring injury and defensive end Myles Garrett (groin) is, according to Stefanski, "50/50" to play.

Both injuries came in Monday night's game vs. Raiders
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 07:30 PM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 07:30 PM
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 07:31 PM
Posted By: slick Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 07:33 PM
The Garrett injury hurts because clowney is out for the game and takk was lost for season. Losing tretter who is the offensive line signal caller hurts alot. Especially since he probably wont play against Steelers either.
Our playoff chances were pretty much eliminated with the loss to the raiders. All that really matters to me anyways is beating the Steelers and and hoping that will sink thier playoff chances. I dont want
Ben even in the playoffs with any chance at one more ring.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 08:51 PM
You are so wrong.

Packer game is meaningless. Win the final 2 games against Steelers and Bengals. All that matters.

Browns lose to Packers, beat Steelers and Bengals (9-8).
Bengals beat Ravens, Lose to Chiefs and Browns (9-8).
Steelers lose to Chiefs, Browns, and Ravens (7-9-1).
Ravens lose to Bengals, Rams, and beat Steelers (9-8).

Winner, winner, chicken dinner...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 08:59 PM
Your scenario is "possible". But if we don't win all three we're depending on a lot of dominoes to fall in our direction.

Our playoff chances were pretty much eliminated with the loss to the raiders.

So the likelihood of his scenario is far more accurate than yours. Right now our odds of making the playoffs is 10.4%.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...th-packers-and-chiefs-holding-top-seeds/
Posted By: Hammer Re: Injures/covid - 12/23/21 11:05 PM
Marla Ridenour: Cleveland Browns' rollercoaster season encapsulated in last four minutes of loss to Raiders

Though somewhat surprisingly, due to the chaotic, back-and-forth nature of this season across the league, the Browns could lose on Saturday against the Packers and still have a chance to remain in the race. A projection using more than 11,000 simulations of the rest of the season — in which the Browns lose to the Packers but beat the Steelers and Bengals, thus winning two of their final three games — still gives them up to a 44 percent chance of making the playoffs as a wild card.

In other words: if the Browns win their final three games, they're in at 10-7. If they lose on Saturday but win the final two games, they'll need some serious help but would remain in the hunt.

Another facet: winning both divisional games is now an absolute must, barring a miracle set of circumstances that would garner a movie being made about it. Both scenarios in which the Browns beat the Packers but lose one of the two remaining divisional games leaves them with, at best, a 10 percent chance of seeing the playoffs.

The phrase "must-win game" probably gets thrown around too much in sports. In this case, the Browns' games against the Steelers and Bengals are very close to that. The game against the Packers on Sunday largely determines whether the Browns can control their own fate or if they'll need extensive help from around the league to even have a chance.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Injures/covid - 12/24/21 04:06 PM
j/c…

Posted By: Hammer Re: Injures/covid - 12/24/21 04:52 PM
That's a win right there - next step, just like the Scottish Hammer - waived.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injures/covid - 12/24/21 05:04 PM
Yes, we have a 10.4% chance. Which means there's a 89.6% chance we won't. Which is what I said above.

So the likelihood of his scenario is far more accurate than yours. Right now our odds of making the playoffs is 10.4%.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Injures/covid - 12/24/21 05:27 PM
What part of 44% chance of making the playoffs even if we lose to GB and beat PIT and CIN in the last 2 games do you not understand?
Posted By: Hammer Re: Injures/covid - 12/24/21 05:28 PM
What part of 44% chance of making the playoffs even if we lose to GB and beat PIT and CIN in the last 2 games do you not understand?
Posted By: Hammer Re: Injures/covid - 12/24/21 05:28 PM
must be an echo
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injures/covid - 12/24/21 05:36 PM
The part where I trust the CBS sports staff over Marla Ridenour. Then there's this said from her at the end which doesn't sound anything close to 44%.

The game against the Packers on Sunday largely determines whether the Browns can control their own fate or if they'll need extensive help from around the league to even have a chance.

Yeah.... no. That doesn't sound like a 44% chance.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Injures/covid - 12/24/21 06:14 PM
Maybe this will make it easier for you to grasp, but I doubt it.

Week 16:

Bengals (-3) to beat Ravens.
Steelers (+8.5) to lose to Chiefs.
Browns (-7.5) to lose to Packers.

Week 17:

Bengals (+4) to lose to Chiefs.
Ravens (+3) to lose to Rams.
Browns (+1) to beat Steelers.

Week 18:

Browns beat Bengals at home.

I think there is a 44% chance of that occurring.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Injures/covid - 12/24/21 06:21 PM
I'm glad that's "what you think". I can show you several betting outlets and odds makers who disagree with you but I won't bother with it. As a Browns fan I hope you're right. But as a fellow poster I would advise you not to bet on it.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Injures/covid - 12/24/21 09:15 PM
A quick look at the Week 18 lines and it shows the Browns as favorites to beat the Bengals:

https://www.covers.com/nfl/week-18-odds

It may be as simple as the Browns have had a rash ov Covid cases and are likely to have a fuller squad - while the Benglas might inevitably get a rash of covid cases between now and then? idk. But Browns are favored. Vegas odds makers are pretty smart.
Posted By: slick Re: Injures/covid - 12/24/21 09:20 PM
Not surprised wills isnt back. I'm sorry but I would not put it past that guy to FAKE symptoms to have more time off
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Injures/covid - 12/24/21 11:03 PM
We have activated the following players from the reserve/COVID-19 list and made other roster moves:

- QB Baker Mayfield
- QB Case Keenum
- WR Jarvis Landry
- CB AJ Green
- DE Ifeadi Odengibo
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Injures/covid - 12/25/21 12:07 AM
I didnt realize how much we need clowney until last game
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Injures/covid - 12/25/21 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c…

Could we get a real NFL kicker, there’s gotta be someone better than Chris Naggar!!!
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injures/covid - 12/25/21 06:19 AM
So is baker playing?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Injures/covid - 12/25/21 06:37 AM
Originally Posted by BADdog
So is baker playing?

Yes.
Posted By: slick Re: Injures/covid - 12/25/21 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

This is wrong. Only landry coming off.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Injures/covid - 12/25/21 04:06 PM
wow NFL has this on their site

"Who's in? Who's out? Full injury report for Week 16"

BROWNS
OUT: S John Johnson (hamstring)

QUESTIONABLE: DE Myles Garrett (groin), DT Malik Jackson (knee)

So no one else is out NFL? We have a full team minus maybe 3 players?

https://www.nfl.com/

Ok they do have this on another link . But they wont say who is out because of covid
"The Cleveland Browns activated quarterbacks Baker Mayfield and Case Keenum, as well as receiver Jarvis Landry, from the reserve/COVID-19 list."
© DawgTalkers.net