DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: THROW LONG Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:10 PM
No Playoffs, otherwise, they won the final game, 8-9 record.
The Bengals game, they swept the Bengals.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:10 PM
Yawn.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:27 PM
Anyone know around where we're pegged to draft?
Posted By: jaybird Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs

Right now I think 13th
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:30 PM
I missed seeing the last two games live on TV because of work, so I'm glad I got to watch our final game live this afternoon. Happy we won! I know going 8 & 9 isn't what most of us expected, but at the very least we aren't horrible anymore.... and there's always next season. Go Browns!
Posted By: Jester Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by jaybird

Right now I think 13th

That was heading into this week.
With our win and the ravens loss we pass them in the standings
Posted By: jaybird Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Jester

Right now I think 13th

yep... when I posted they hadn't lost yet... and I'm going off of https://www.tankathon.com/nfl. which looks like it's updating with today's results... will be some more movement with this afternoon's games
Posted By: redddog Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:35 PM
Could be as bad as 16th
Posted By: slick Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:35 PM
FIRE STEFANSKI NOW!!!!!! JUST LET THAT RAPIST INTO PLAYOFFS
Posted By: redddog Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:35 PM
We screwed ourselves and the rats screwed us.
Posted By: LexDawg Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:35 PM

Right now I think 13th

Bailtimore went from 8-3 to 8-9. So there is a bright spot.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:36 PM

Right now I think 13th

They have a stronger SOS it looks like - so it has us at 13 and them at 14?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:41 PM
So we will be playing a 3rd place schedule next year:

At Washington
At Houston
Vs Las Vegas/LA Chargers loser tonight
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:42 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns are pegged to draft one spot after the ravens do. But, what I meant to say.

RAISE YOUR HAND IF YOUR TEAM WON THIS WEEK!
Posted By: redddog Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by LexDawg

Right now I think 13th

Bailtimore went from 8-3 to 8-9. So there is a bright spot.
They are missing a TON of players that are coming back. This was the year to take it to the rats. They will be full strength next season and much better. Bengals and rats are gonna rule the north for a long time if Bake doesn’t come back strong.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 10:05 PM
I saw some report that MKC reported that Baker has hinted at a trade. I don't know how credible that might be....but I'd say the odds are good that Baker won't be here next year.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I saw some report that MKC reported that Baker has hinted at a trade. I don't know how credible that might be....but I'd say the odds are good that Baker won't be here next year.

You must’ve been in a coma the past week.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 10:41 PM
I wouldn't believe a single thing that comes from that hags mouth. She's a hack and hasn't written a single thing of her own worth reading ever.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 10:49 PM
We won the game. A win is a win and we don't get enough of them. The win today feels good no matter what. I'll take it!!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 10:55 PM
j/c...

- Got a thumbs up from Dieken.

- Hope D'Ernest Johnson gets paid by someone this offseason. Great story.

- Clowney is going to get paid by someone. Hope it's the Browns. At the same time an unmotivated Clowney worries me.

- Sat next to Zac Taylor's wife and family and Trent Taylor's wife.

- Borderline had a great time at this meaningless game.

- Grumpy's Cafe in Tremont has a delicious breakfast.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 10:59 PM

Agreed. Very little chance it will be us. Nor should it be.....no point paying significant $$ for a 3rd RB on the depth chart.

Is he a restricted FA? I forget all these rules....can we get something from him based on a qualifying offer?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 11:02 PM
Bravo for d'Earnest.

That guy does not fail when given a chance to play. He has way to find a crease and get forward yards.

He has great vision and does not get hit square very often.

I hope he remains with the team.

Thought the effort was good. The defense played very well.

Of course this season was a disappointment but I understand how it happened.

Sometimes things just do not work out.

Stefanski has taken lots of heat. And sure he made his mistakes this season. But I remain in his court. I back him and am glad he is our coach.

He is a smart young coach and I believe he will learn from this years experience.

You have to allow young coaches to learn. It is a hard job. Learning does not come easy.
Posted By: Dave Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 11:15 PM
Chubb and Hunt have missed enough time over the last 2 seasons to warrant signing D'Ernest Johnson if you can possibly do it. I don't care about conventional wisdom re: running backs - he's a keeper.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Agreed. Very little chance it will be us. Nor should it be.....no point paying significant $$ for a 3rd RB on the depth chart.

Is he a restricted FA? I forget all these rules....can we get something from him based on a qualifying offer?

He is a RFA. Best Browns could do would be to tender him in order to try and get a pick in return.......I think.
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 11:23 PM
I don't know about you all, but I'd rather have d'earnest as our 3rd RB than Felton
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by slick

?
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man

He is a RFA. Best Browns could do would be to tender him in order to try and get a pick in return.......I think.

And the pick is based on the level of contract offered? The fact he was undrafted feels like it plays into the equation. But again, I forget these rules.

Or maybe that relates to the comp pick equation if we lose him.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 11:42 PM

And the pick is based on the level of contract offered? The fact he was undrafted feels like it plays into the equation. But again, I forget these rules.

Or maybe that relates to the comp pick equation if we lose him.

Restricted free agent (RFA): A player with three accrued seasons and an expired contract. RFAs are free to negotiate and sign with any team, but their original team can offer them one of various qualifying offers ("tenders") that come with the right of first refusal and/or draft-pick compensation. If the tender is withdrawn by a team, the RFA becomes an unrestricted free agent. In 2021, teams must submit these tenders before 4 p.m. ET on March 17. These amounts change annually; the following numbers are for the 2021 season. Players can choose either (a) or (b) regardless of which is greater in the applicable tenders below.
The RFA tenders are classified as follows:
First-round tender: One-year contract worth the greater of (a) $4.766 million or (b) 110 percent of the player's prior-year base salary. If the player's original team decides not to match an offer sheet signed with another team, it is entitled to a first-round draft pick from the player's new team. Unless received two days or later prior to the NFL draft, draft compensation for each tender is due in the same league year as the offer sheet is signed.
A signed offer sheet with a new team includes Principal Terms that must be matched by the prior club. However, if the new team includes terms that waive or limit its ability to designate the RFA a franchise player, the old team will not have to match this term if it has tendered the player with an offer worth $500,000 more than the first-round tender ($5.266 million in 2021).
Second-round tender: One-year contract worth the greater of (a) $3.384 million or (b) 110 percent of the player's prior-year base salary. Draft-choice compensation: second-round pick.
Original-round tender: One-year contract worth the greater of (a) $2.183 million or (b) 110 percent of the player's prior-year base salary. Draft-choice compensation: a pick in the round the player was originally drafted in.
Right-of-first-refusal tender: One-year contract worth $2.133 million. Team has the right to match any offer sheet signed with another team, but there is no draft compensation tied to this tender.
Upgraded tender: If a team places a first-round tender on a player who was selected outside of the first round, it can only receive a second-round pick as compensation for any of its other RFAs who were first-round draft picks. The same is true for the second-round tender -- if a team uses it on a player drafted in the third round or lower, it can only receive a third-round pick for any other second-round RFA it intends to tender. As an example, the Saints used a first-round RFA tender on QB/RB/WR/TE Taysom Hill during the 2020 offseason. Had New Orleans had any RFAs who were former first-round picks, it could only receive a second-round selection in return for a declined offer sheet.
RFA tender salary increases: Each of the tenders will increase by an additional amount during the 2021 and 2022 league years as follows: Right-of-first-refusal tender ($0), original-round tender ($50,000), second-round tender ($125,000) and first-round tender ($125,000). Due to the reduction in the salary cap in 2021, these tenders will only increase by the fixed amounts set above this offseason. Beginning in 2023, each of these tenders will only increase with this percentage of the salary cap (if any) from league year to league year.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-free-agency-glossary-all-the-terms-you-need-to-know
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 11:50 PM
Congrats on a great win!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post game thoughts - 01/09/22 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by boofers20
I don't know about you all, but I'd rather have d'earnest as our 3rd RB than Felton

Is it really bad to say that I’d trade Hunt to be able to keep Johnson?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 12:11 AM
We left at least two games on the table.

Ten wins and we would have made the playoffs.

We have a good team. We can come back next year with some good pick ups.

Given where we have been in years past. I don't feel so bad. Getting back to winning 11 or 12 games next season is not beyond question.
I believe the defense will get better if we can add a few pieces.
The offense will need to improve to compete. We shall see how that goes.

So, I will look forward to free agency and the draft.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by cfrs15

It depends on the compensation, obviously.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 12:28 AM

It depends on the compensation, obviously.

I don’t see anyone giving up much for Hunt.
Posted By: Xanthros Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 12:56 AM

I’d trade Hunt for a quality receiver.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Xanthros

I’d trade Hunt for a quality receiver.

Then you are not trading Hunt. My guess is the best we’d be able to get is a fourth round pick.

What would you rather have Hunt and no D’Ernest or D’Ernest and a fourth round pick?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 02:12 AM

Just looked this up:

NicK Chubb - 228 carries, 1,259 Yards, 5.5 avg

d'Earnest - 100 carries, 534 Yards, 5.3 avg

Kareem - 78 carries, 386 Yards, 4.9 avg

Those are damn good numbers for three backs.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 02:22 AM
Just a question: Did anyone feel Landry played a little harder today? i.e. not going down immediately after making a catch?
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Just a question: Did anyone feel Landry played a little harder today? i.e. not going down immediately after making a catch?

meh. maybe but, he and Bake was chatting it up all game. If that is a concern
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 02:44 AM

Injuries are something us fans don't know the whole extent about, he might of been going down early due to his injury.. Landry is a class act !
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by leadtheway
I wouldn't believe a single thing that comes from that hags mouth. She's a hack and hasn't written a single thing of her own worth reading ever.
If the media crosses the line in some way is there a way where the team can just give the media member the cold shoulder so they never answer their questions.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 02:56 AM
Felton is a receiver, (not in name), and the one thing he can't do well is run the ball from a standard hand off.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

Injuries are something us fans don't know the whole extent about, he might of been going down early due to his injury.. Landry is a class act !

Agreed.

Why didn't/doesn't Baker get that same leeway?
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

Agreed.

Why didn't/doesn't Baker get that same leeway?

Maybe because his play being injured didn't seem to help the team.. Landry and others sat, I feel Baker should of.

Baker is a fighter and loves the city, as we all saw, but when you see a QB fighting a shoulder brace and not playing up to his game, then it's time to sit and heal..

It's the whole idea of having back ups in all positions.. jmo Arch
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 03:18 AM
Got a win for the fans at home. Swept the division winner. The season is over, and the Steelers snuck in the playoffs again. Wasn't it the Colts who kept us out of the playoffs a few years back? Well this year they let the Steelers in. I now officially hate the Colts. I hope Burrow and the Bengals go all the way.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 03:23 AM
The Browns did not get to WR Anthony Schwartz 170 yards of passes 10 yards through the air, in any 3 game window of the year.
Schwartz was only given 135 yards receiving in all 17.
(So I won't leave the board for a week and change my signature to include "A. Schwartz made a monkee outta me" until next draft.)
Good Luck! and Go Browns!
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

You must’ve been in a coma the past week.

Browns coma possibly.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 12:13 PM

If I was in charge I'd keep Johnson and trade Hunt. I expect we will.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 12:16 PM

No, I just said it.....obviously I am just reading and commenting as I go..so we think alike...like it or not.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 02:19 PM

I'll put in an argument, then. Yes, IMO. Hunt is the better all-around back, has been a monster for us on 3rd down, and (until 2nd half of this season) has been really good on the availability side. Plus, we already have him this coming season.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 02:30 PM
people wanting to trade Hunt and keep johnson are silly.. People seem to forget how good hunt is, he's the best overall back on this team. Also the only one with a rushing title, they won't pick Johnson over hunt unless someone comes waving some good compensation and noone is trading for a running back. I think Chubb/hunt are going to be together as long as salary allows. I do however believe that they would part with Felton before Johnson. That is who I believe is competition is. Felton has been a bust after all the hype. Johnson def. deserves a spot before Felton regardless of draft status
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by leadtheway
people wanting to trade Hunt and keep johnson are silly.. People seem to forget how good hunt is, he's the best overall back on this team. Also the only one with a rushing title, they won't pick Johnson over hunt unless someone comes waving some good compensation and noone is trading for a running back. I think Chubb/hunt are going to be together as long as salary allows. I do however believe that they would part with Felton before Johnson. That is who I believe is competition is. Felton has been a bust after all the hype. Johnson def. deserves a spot before Felton regardless of draft status

I don't think silly at all.

I am pretty sure we can sign Johnson and doubt we can sign Hunt again.

I admit I have broadened the horizon of my thinking past just next year.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 03:30 PM
Which means we'll trade Hunt and lose Johnson, then still go all 3-TE, leaving Chubb off the field when we just need a yard or two.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Which means we'll trade Hunt and lose Johnson, then still go all 3-TE, leaving Chubb off the field when we just need a yard or two.

I feel you ! But at what point does your bitterness end? If I'm willing to look to the future with Baker - I also have to do the same with KS and hope he learns.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 03:54 PM
j/c…

Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888

I feel you ! But at what point does your bitterness end? If I'm willing to look to the future with Baker - I also have to do the same with KS and hope he learns.

There is no end to my bitterness. It ends when they demonstrate change and actually BEING BETTER instead of talking about it.
I don't care what the coach says, I care about what he shows. Actions, not words.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 04:10 PM
j/c…

Did they sit half their DLine against us???
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by slick

As of now we don't have a temper tantrum forum. You may wish to talk to PPE about opening one up.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 05:05 PM
j/c...

Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 05:44 PM
I was just being light hearted - what you say is true but you don't tend to post quite so negatively is all.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 06:20 PM

There is no end to my bitterness. It ends when they demonstrate change and actually BEING BETTER instead of talking about it.
I don't care what the coach says, I care about what he shows. Actions, not words.
Over the last 3 years, we won 25 regular season games and won a playoff game. We haven't had a 3 year span with 25 or more wins since 1992, 93, and 94. So we are actually BEING BETTER...

As much as this year was a huge disappointment, a lot of that is based on preseason expectations and the talking heads making us one of the sexy picks to compete for the super bowl. Which, I think if we had stayed healthy, we could have easily made it into the playoffs and potentially made some noise. So while I share your frustration, there is no need to talk about blowing things up yet where the risk of going backwards is far greater than finding the holy grail.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 06:24 PM
I share your thinking. We wasted talent this year with coaching decisions and philosophy that were proved wrong and cost us games. The stubborn and stupid refusal to change approach and make adjustments and abandon losing choices persisted and showed up the next game. Way conservative and much too predictable. Addressing this is a priority.
But your post points up an awful truth. We were all hat and no cattle. Whoever took the field, regardless of the talent, and its disappointing underachievement, they were lousier and less than needed to win when we run them through our game plan and our coaching. Ski basically dictated the bar being lowered with his offense, packages, and game judgments. And it bled into BM's play as the year went on. And it showed in the Woods defense as called until it improved somewhat in the last few games.
Regardless of the talent we retain, draft, trade for, or sign, they pass through the prism of HC here that I feel is a demonstrated weakness and liability. We are not controlling everything we can; we are not placing our best people in the best possible situations to win best outcomes, but That is the official line. What we see on paper is not translated to the game plan as seen on the field. A frank discussion needs to be had about our play-calling on both sides of the ball. "We" were allowed to ignore losses without accountability. Our packages and formations choices cost us games, or at least failed to win the closest ones.
I am optimistic we can be better and am confident that it is inexcusable for this group to have this record. Any number of excuses can be made, their validity proven, but that just begs for more of the same. What negative outcomes would you keep and build on and expand next year? This season was upsetting to me because of less than candid and honest judgments of performance in which I include our coaching and fitness. I didn't see much improvement during the season
Go, Browns!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 06:49 PM
j/c...

Remember 2020 when Ski had them introduce themselves and tell a story. That BS really seemed to bond them. This year nada, could be what was missing?
Posted By: LexDawg Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 06:58 PM
j/c…

I know their entire secondary were backups.

Pretty sure their starting OL and DL were also all backups.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 06:59 PM
So an injured QB with a messed up shoulder shouldn't change the game plan and how much of the playbook a HC can use? Those two things are not related to one another?

Interesting concept.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 08:19 PM
Oddly, I think they were, and I think Ski didn't much change. If you relate them, so be it. Don't suggest explaining it away out of hand. The interesting concept is that a QB's injury would monopolize the game plan that didn't work more than once. Many factors I admit. I still feel HC needs to learn from mistakes and adjust. Silly to argue otherwise.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 08:43 PM
I'm certainly not trying to argue otherwise. Sorry if that was your impression. I'm just saying that a second year HC who had a QB and team healthy enough to pretty much stick to his playbook in his first season had to adjust on the fly during his second season. I don't think that's something an NFL HC is experiencing for the first time is going to find easy or do smoothly. I certainly do hope he learns from the experience.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 09:10 PM
Interesting to see the PFF grades.

While watching the game I noticed Hudson really holding his own at RT.

I was thinking Callahan must have really worked with him after the beat down he had against Watt.

So that is a good sign that he learned a few things.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
So an injured QB with a messed up shoulder shouldn't change the game plan and how much of the playbook a HC can use? Those two things are not related to one another?

Interesting concept.

I didn't see a ton of difference in playcalling between that Keenum game and the previous Baker games (that could be my eye for football, though). I saw Baker execute QB sneaks until his last game in there (as did Keenum late in this game). I couldn't see any sort of significantly different approach by KS between Baker's last game, and Keenum's.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by LexDawg
j/c…

I know their entire secondary were backups.

Pretty sure their starting OL and DL were also all backups.

This is true, Hendrickson, Hill, Reader, Hubbard, Pratt, Gaither, Logan Wilson were all absent in addition to the secondary players...Thus why our Oline shined, especially OT
Posted By: Hammer Re: Post game thoughts - 01/10/22 10:53 PM
"Interesting to see the PFF grades.

While watching the game I noticed Hudson really holding his own at RT.

I was thinking Callahan must have really worked with him after the beat down he had against Watt.

So that is a good sign that he learned a few things."

Could also be that he was going against a 2nd string DL vs the DPOY.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post game thoughts - 01/11/22 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
j/c...

Remember 2020 when Ski had them introduce themselves and tell a story. That BS really seemed to bond them. This year nada, could be what was missing?
In a lot of ways we seemed to stray from what was working last season. Obviously we aren’t in the locker room, but there was a real sense that we had no cohesion
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Post game thoughts - 01/11/22 02:35 PM
I dunno. I think the way the D kept playing in spite of everything going on on the offensive side is a testament to the coaching staff (or at least some).
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post game thoughts - 01/11/22 05:27 PM
I don' think the difference in play calls when Keenum plays and an injured Baker are playing is the issue. Keenum doesn't have the arm strength that a healthy Baker does. Keenum doesn't even have the escapability that a healthy Baker does. Whether Baker is injured or whether Keenum is playing, I think in both cases it limits the playbook.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post game thoughts - 01/11/22 10:07 PM

How many games in the past 2 years, have they been without at least one of Hunt and Chubb, I mean, it's almost all of the games right?
I mean Chubb and Hunt only played together in the same game about how many times? (swag) scientific wild as guess) 4 games last year and 4 games this year??? So about 24, or 25 games out of 33, D'Ernest was the 2nd of 3-4 Rbs on the team. (and (1) or 2 games the starter?)
I'd sure like to see them all back at Running back, sure would, like all 3. (and add that, player from (U. of South Carolina, in the draft but thats' just a dream)
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post game thoughts - 01/11/22 10:45 PM
How many games in the past 2 years, have they been without at least one of Hunt and Chubb, I mean, it's almost all of the games right?
I mean Chubb and Hunt only played together in the same game about how many times? (swag) scientific wild as guess) 4 games last year and 4 games this year???
They played together in 12 games last year and 7 games this year.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post game thoughts - 01/12/22 03:48 AM
I'm curious to know what CLE's w/l record was for those 19 games.

I just got home from work, I'm nursing a nice bourbon, and am too lazy to look it up myself.

any Bloodhounds out there who get off on this type of sniffing around?
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Post game thoughts - 01/12/22 04:44 PM
Nick Chubb has 449 carries for 2,356 yards and has scored 18 touchdowns in 27 games with Kareem Hunt in his career.
Kareem Hunt has 240 carries for 1,086 yards and has scored 17 touchdowns in 27 games with Nick Chubb in his career.
They are 17/10 in those games
Posted By: FATE Re: Post game thoughts - 01/12/22 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

I just got home from work, I'm nursing a nice bourbon, and am too lazy to look it up myself.

Well, let's cut straight to the important part... Watcha drinkin', boss?
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post game thoughts - 01/12/22 06:09 PM
Woodford Reserve
Posted By: FATE Re: Post game thoughts - 01/12/22 07:45 PM
Nice. I was half-way down the Rabbit Hole.

[Linked Image from cdn.flaviar.com]
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post game thoughts - 01/12/22 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
Nick Chubb has 449 carries for 2,356 yards and has scored 18 touchdowns in 27 games with Kareem Hunt in his career.
Kareem Hunt has 240 carries for 1,086 yards and has scored 17 touchdowns in 27 games with Nick Chubb in his career.
They are 17/10 in those games

Does the ratio carryover from year to year? eg. Is it close to 2.7 wins for every loss in both years?
If so, missing Hunt for much of this year may say a lot.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post game thoughts - 01/13/22 04:02 AM
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

Well, let's cut straight to the important part... Watcha drinkin', boss?

Lol, that was funny.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post game thoughts - 01/13/22 04:51 AM
Originally Posted by FATE
Nice. I was half-way down the Rabbit Hole.

[Linked Image from cdn.flaviar.com]

IMHO, there are few things more rewarding than sharing good talk with a mate about a common interest, accompanied by a quality brown liquor.
A cigar would be the icing.

And CLE-centric NFL Films videos on the projector wall.
On a loop.

And nachos.
Posted By: FATE Re: Post game thoughts - 01/13/22 07:03 PM
Can't argue with a single word of that. thumbsup
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Post game thoughts - 01/15/22 08:53 PM
I guess.Eotsb retired his what I.saw thread.
© DawgTalkers.net