DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dave Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 06:55 PM
Cinci @ KC, 3 PM, CBS

SF @ LA, 6:30 PM, FOX
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 07:58 PM
One of these games is about to start.

They pulled Tom Crusise out of the annals of nothingness, to brandish his arrogant voice on a lecture of how he thinks he's better than everything. That sucked to listen to. (Doesn't he have a movie to ruin, let Europe put up with him, go back to Italy and break a leg acting like a &&&&&. If it weren't for terrible roles, tom Cruise wouldn't have a career. He comes across as selfish as much as Rodney Dangerfield came across as self deprecating.)
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 07:59 PM
who needs a microphone
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 08:01 PM
The National Anthem, is a written song that is supposed to be sung as is. It's not supposed to be re imagined everytime they pull some person out of the ether to sing a new version. Why not just sing it to the tune of happy birthday, if one is not going to sing it correctly.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 08:05 PM
KCs defense, is fundamentaly not very good but every now and then, they put together a couple of game minutes of making big BIG game changing turnovers, and touchdown scoring plays.
In the last 3-4 games, the Chiefs have not had that version of their defense do much.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 08:17 PM
What a TD catch by Hill!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 08:20 PM
Aside from the improvisation on the TD throw by mahommes.
Andy Reid is not going to deviate from the 2 offensive plays he called on that drive until Cincinnati decided to commit to stop them.
Handoff up the middle and the safe sideline pass.
Ok, there was one, what I would say looked like a naked screen pass to Hill that wasn't to the sideline, but basically 2 plays used on almost every play of that opening drive.
Ok one of the runs went to the fullback instead of the Rb, and one of the runs was a QB scramble off the drop back, but basically just two play calls on that drive.
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 08:38 PM
its like Burrows threw 2 good balls that should of been tds. Mahomes throws balls deep and somehow is easy catches
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 08:43 PM
You have to be kidding me Mahomes ... 14-3 CHIEFS
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 08:43 PM
he looked like johnny manziel
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 08:48 PM
Why do refs always refuse to call intentional grounding, obviously Burrow did not get that ball near the line of scrimmage.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:00 PM
TOUCHDOWN KC 21-3
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:00 PM
21 to 3 with about 5 minutes left in the first half. KC kicking butt, not surprised.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
21 to 3 with about 5 minutes left in the first half. KC kicking butt, not surprised.

NOPE I Picked 38-24 Could Be Worse ...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:02 PM
The Chiefs got a little extra motivated the day the Buccaneers got beat in the NFC, because the team that beat them in the Super Bowl last year, got eliminated, therefore they may feel, it's all theirs for the taking.

21-3 Chiefs lead, Cincinnati has punted twice and is quietly giving up a lot on the ground, but the Passes are setting up the runs.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:02 PM
Big Drive for the Bungles
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:05 PM
It was about to go down, if Cincy had missed that pass, and punted.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:07 PM
Game over.

The OL of KC is dominating the Bengals
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
Big Drive for the Bungles

I was rooting for them since they're from Ohio and so am I, but me thinks I gotta stop rooting for the underdog. It's KC's time to shine with the Bucs out of the race and Brady perhaps retiring.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:08 PM
What a difference a quick strike precision passing attack makes in a game like this. It's almost like, as necessary as oil.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:10 PM
Burrow keeping Cintucky alive ....
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish
Game over.

The OL of KC is dominating the Bengals
Did you mean the DL? ... Both!
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:11 PM
That's just what the Bengals needed a freakin' TD!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:13 PM
CHIEFS and Mahomes have 1:05 to score ...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:14 PM
Burrow keeping Cintucky alive ....
Abysmal KC defense just gave up an extra 30 and the TD to anyone who gets up and catched in the middle of the secondary.
They've done that to a lot of teams, Buffalo, a lot of teams, 10-21 Cincy got a touchdown. KC leads.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:15 PM
CHIEFS and Mahomes have 1:05 to score ...
Twice?? thumbsup
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:20 PM
Who covers that tight end on this upcoming play
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:20 PM
13 Seconds uh oh
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:23 PM
Very impressive stop by Cinci!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:24 PM
Dumb
Posted By: Dave Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:24 PM
Bonehead play by KC. Throw it away and take the FG.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:25 PM
Can't believe Mahomes chose to throw it in bounds short of the Goal line? The Bengals got a huge break and are still alive ...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:26 PM
Missed Field goal, negative 3 points , analyze that Depodesta ! ( I heard him state that FGs' in the middle of a game don't win games).
Sigh.
All of these teams have flaws, even the Chiefs.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:26 PM
Trade him ... if that was Baker oh my he would be getting crucified
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:31 PM
They could have tried the FG with 6 seconds to play, as a coaches decision. I think it would have made sense, I love drives that end in FGs for the offense. Especially if a team has the lead by more than 5. Not every time, but in that situation, a chance to go up by 14 instead of 11. Once the game clock got under 8 seconds I think it's the time to chose the Field goal.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:35 PM
LOL...Can you believe the Chiefs couldn't score there?

It may come back to haunt them.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:36 PM
I totally blame Andy Reid, or would that be Eric Bienemey, Who let Who, go for the offense on the field goal with only 6 seconds in the half and a sure FG on the table? Who let who?
I don't blame the Qb, he did what QB's do, they shouldn't have given him the opportunity to, because they had the lead at home.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:36 PM
How about the sound guys. Great job. Anthem then halftime.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:38 PM
Was that like a 3 minute halftime?
Question, is a lineman who gets beat, allowed to hit the defender from behind and fall on him? On KC's second TD, the defender is chasing Mahommes, and a lineman, who is running back towards the endzone behind them, squarely hits the defender in the back and falls on him. If he doesn't do this, there is no TD.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:42 PM
KC with their first punt of the day, now that is 2 consecutive drives that ended in 0 points.
What a washed up offense. poke
Posted By: Dave Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:44 PM
They call their furniture "Lovesac"?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:49 PM
No Turnovers yet in this game, ... and if the Bungles had scored there then KC would have given up 14 after gaining an 18 point lead.
Well, KCs defense comes through, and forces a punt, KCs ball deep in their own territory.
10-21 KC leads
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 09:56 PM
KC's offense has been all downhill since they refused to take the Field goal with 6 seconds left in the first half.
Bunch of washed up offense!
Is that on Reid
or Bienemy
or Mahommes,
or the rest of em?? (I'll tell you what! it's freaking momemtum.)
NOW 4 iirc,
4 offensive drives in a row that end in 0 points for the Chiefs.
block head analytics!!!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:01 PM
If the REFS USE FLAGS TO put the bengals back into this game, everybody should lose their !stuff! :headbang:
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:05 PM
KC has allowed the Bengals to have a chance ....
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:07 PM
Cincinnati on a 10-0 run. All down hill after the decision to not take the FG at the end of the first half. frown
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:07 PM
21-13 in a game that KC is sleep walking ....
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:08 PM
Chiefs need a score on this drive ....
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:12 PM
Oh snap.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:12 PM
First turnover, a pick by the DL on a screen, and its an 8 point deficit, and Cincy gets the ball in KC territory.
Is that, on Mahommes?
or Reid
or Bienemy
or the rest. that is 5 drives and 0 points for KC. (I'm not very happy about it)
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:15 PM
They should go for 1 pt. , but they convert the 2. ...
Tie game, cue meltdown.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:16 PM
21-21 My Goodness
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:17 PM
Jim Rome and that puppet .. Roger Gooddell are in attendance at the KC game, if I remember from pregame correctly. frown times a million.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:20 PM
The Burrow Chase connection is going to amazing for a long time. We need our Chase and a vastly improved Baker.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by DaveyD
The Burrow Chase connection is going to amazing for a long time. We need our Chase and a vastly improved Baker.

We have the Warden to keep Chase in Check and Garrett to get after Burrow thumbsup
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:23 PM
I hate close games, Blowouts are what football is all about. 21-3... 0-18,
Here goes drive number
SIX DRIVES 0 POINTS running for the (sigh) chiefs.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
I hate close games, Blowouts are what football is all about. 21-3... 0-18,
Here goes drive number
SIX DRIVES 0 POINTS running for the (sigh) chiefs.

Chiefs Offense is dead in the water ...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:25 PM
Interception Chiefs YAY, (not sure he caught that) Go Chiefs, Close games boo Blow outs Rule!
Posted By: bonefish Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:27 PM
No game over.

Great comeback by the Bengals
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:29 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME! 7 drives? banghead
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:35 PM
I bet a 3 point kick at the end of the half would have come in real handy right about now.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:38 PM
After the win in the opening game of the season, the Chiefs got real excited at the end of the game,
(after the win over Buffalo last week the Chiefs got real excited too. )

After the opener, the Chiefs went on to lose their next 4 games against AFC teams. then their season got better.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:41 PM
Chiefs, coordinator, was once a bengals player, in 1998, I remember watching him, I didn't like his play call on special teams for a failed fake punt, otherwise he was just a player, I always think it's bad luck to rely on a guy who used to play for your opponent.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:44 PM
24-21 Amazing can Mahomes save the Chiefs again?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:48 PM
Chiefs offense unstoppable for a half, build nice lead, have 1 major screw up and get no points, second hald disappear and suddenly nothing works and other team comes back.

Feel like I've read this script before.

See if the Chiefs can get going again.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:51 PM
Can the Chiefs score Finally? They reach scoring position for the first time in 5 drives.
edit 24-21 bengals lead. KC trails.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:55 PM
There is only a minute 53 to play in the game. Whew
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:58 PM
Wouldn't rule out a turnover at this point.
Posted By: Dave Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 10:58 PM
Think Andy Reid wishes they still had Kareem Hunt here?
Posted By: Dave Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:00 PM
Memo to Mahomes: you're really good but you aren't Lamar Jackson. Be you.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:01 PM
Who has that tight end?
44 yard field goal at this point after the loss, to the 27,
Posted By: Dave Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:01 PM
Just can't take that sack. Bonehead play #2 by Mahomes.
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:04 PM
the game has changed. Dont score
Posted By: Hammer Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:05 PM
Think the chiefs wish they kicked that field goal at end of half. Stupid is as stupid does.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:06 PM
I'd bet on the Bengals to win this game at this point.
KC only has 3 points in their last 8 drives and that's after a 20 yard sack.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:08 PM
Mahomes is awful all of a sudden.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:08 PM
Who was that Eli Apple? Duh!
with the dropped int in scoring position
Posted By: Dave Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:09 PM
You could feel that Int coming.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:09 PM
Mahomes in full choke mode.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:10 PM
Reid's bonehead decision at the end of the first half is what did them in.

Such a stupid call.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:11 PM
KC 9 drives, 3 points started mid 2nd quarter. now playing defense in OT.
Posted By: Dave Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:12 PM
Cinci's going to the SB. Dammit!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:13 PM
49 yard field goal range, Depodesta, and analytics can put a sock in it, that's how you fall apart.
down to the 12.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:14 PM
THEY AREN'T EVEN THAT GOOD OF A TEAM!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:15 PM
it'd be a 27 yarder from the 10. it's 17 plus the line of scrimmage
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:17 PM
HaHa Mahomes
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:17 PM
Bengals going to the Super Bowl.

When it rains it pours.

Going to be enormous expectations on the Browns next season after what the Bengals just accomplished.

Also... kickers matter.
I hope Baker Mayfield is taking notes.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:17 PM
thumbsdown cincy wins. Analytics loses on gameday
Posted By: Swish Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:18 PM
Hey, atleast baker has burrows # in the regular season!!
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:20 PM
Burrow taking his team to the Super Bowl in his 2nd year. Take notes Browns.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:20 PM
And with an absolutely garbage offensive line.
THE CINCINNATI BENGALS ARE GOING TO THE FREAKING SUPER BOWL!
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:22 PM
Good job Cincy! Go win it all.

The Bengals show you that having the right guy at QB means a hell of a lot. Aside from WR and special teams, the Browns are statistically better in every single category I believe. Berry and the mind trust might be forced to make a move, even despite the fact they picked up the 5th year option for Mayfield.
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude

The Bengals show you that having the right guy at QB means a hell of a lot. Aside from WR and special teams, the Browns are statistically better in every single category I believe. Berry and the mind trust might be forced to make a move, even despite the fact they picked up the 5th year option for Mayfield.
I agree, you need the right guy at QB. The Browns are better than the Bengals except at QB.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
LOL...Can you believe the Chiefs couldn't score there?

It may come back to haunt them.

Brilliant post.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:30 PM
Good kickers matter.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:32 PM
We are a Better Team than Cintucky but they have Joe Burrow ... and I hate to say this but I don't see the Rams or Niners can beat the Bungals
Posted By: Hamfist Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:32 PM
Whew. I was concerned there for a minute with Ben retiring and Lamar slowing down we wouldn’t have a stud QB to face twice a year in our division.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:36 PM
We are a Better Team than Cintucky but they have Joe Burrow ... and I hate to say this but I don't see the Rams or Niners can beat the Bungals

Not necessarily pointed at you, but Cincy is going to the Superbowl and we aren't.

You win as a team, you lose as a team. I'd say Cincy is the better team.
So, worst team in the NFL two years ago, now in the Super Bowl. From last to first in the AFCN. We have managed to go from last to 3rd.

Burrow has more playoff wins than Baker and Lamar combined.

If I sound bitter, it's because I am. Other teams can get out of their own way and improve. We can't. I am still asked if I remember being 1-31. Yes, we were rock bottom. But will we reach a point where we are no longer satisfied with being mediocre? Will there be a point where "not sucking" isn't good enough? Where the yardstick is something other than 1-31? Or the QB being better than Kiser, Weeden, or Quinn?

I am depressed, but won't seek help because it would be blamed on the pandemic.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:38 PM
With all the ANALYSTS in the room, NOBODY CAN SPEAK UP AND SAY, LEAVING POINTS ON THE BOARD BY NOT TAKING A FIELD GOAL,
AND AT ANY POINT IN THE ENTIRE GAMES
LEADS TO LOSING!

When you've watched about 10 thousand football games in your lifetime, at different levels, you can see the decision to
go for a Td with only 6 seconds on the clock before the halftime, means you were taking the sure 3 points off the board.
that's their analytics
that's how they lose games on game day
It's not baseball. Analytics Needs to GO!
Cincy has better WRs. Better dline . Better LBers And as it looks like a better scouting and GM
Department. And I.just read they have 1 person In their analytics department
Oh yeah how did Eotabs brilliant prediction turn out?
He said the Chiefs would win easily
Posted By: Dave Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Good job Cincy! Go win it all.

Bollocks!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:44 PM
The Rams and 49ers. The Rams have already punted No offense No Bueno
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:47 PM

Not necessarily pointed at you, but Cincy is going to the Superbowl and we aren't.

\

Only because of Burrow take him away and they are not good but we can't do that ... Yes I'm frustrated I watched Burrow win a NT at LSU when he should have won it Columbus thanks Urban ... and now this SMH
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/30/22 11:56 PM
jc

Seems like all the underdogs are winning.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 12:04 AM
j/c...

SF special teams has been really good.
Posted By: Squires Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 12:12 AM
Glad the chiefs lost. I didn't want to see another team winning every year(unless it's the Browns).
Posted By: bonefish Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 12:30 AM
Everyone is oh so bright.

The Bengals were picked to place last by just about everyone.

They won four games last year.

And They are going to the Super Bowl ouch.

And The Browns beat them twice this year. Ouch

I like Burrow. Can not help it.

At least a team from Ohio.

Posted By: Dave Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 12:39 AM
A team from Ohio ,,, so effing what?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 12:43 AM
The Browns won it all in 1965, or 64, but they haven't won 2 post season games since about 1958, or 56, and both of those years
were exactly
ONE HUNDRED YEARS AGO. (Austin Powers told me.)
I remember a couple years ago, heck even last year, where people on this board were saying what a bad hire Zac Taylor was. They are going to the superbowl with a defense everybody said was mediocre, and the worst Oline in football.
If the Browns played with half the heart that the Bengals do, they would win more games. People saying Baker is better than Burrow are fools. Burrow is a leader and going to be a great player for years. He is a winner, and expects to win. He has done it since high school.
I am happy for Burrow, although I hate the Bengals. I watched him play in high school, and saw him succeed in college. I hope they win it all at this point.

The thing for me, is how much heart their team has. They don't give up. The Browns clearly don't have that type of mentality. I hope Baker comes back healthy, and proves many wrong about him, including myself, but,I just don't see it. I also don't see the fire in our players necessary to be consistent winners.

So once again we go into the off season hoping for a change. Maybe Stephanski will eventually have the success Taylor is having, Baker will learn to read a defense, and the whole team comes back with an attitude that they are going to win, instead of just hoping to win.

Until next year, go Joe Burrow
Go 49ers. Seeing Beckham go to the superbowl after the way he performed here would sicken me. I was in his corner until I found out he wanted traded even before the season started. Then when I found out about him telling Von Miller not to come to Cleveland, I can't and will never respect that selfish douchebag again.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 01:05 AM
Not much

People tha say JimmyG is significantly better than Baker are laughable.

he is not that good.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 01:29 AM
j/c...

OBJ change his cleats at halftime? What happened to the Mamba snake skins?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
People tha say JimmyG is significantly better than Baker are laughable.

he is not that good.

Agreed.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 01:40 AM
j/c...

Torn between wanting The Rabbit to play in the Super Bowl and Browns legend Austin Corbett.

Go Rabbit.
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

OBJ change his cleats at halftime? What happened to the Mamba snake skins?

OBJ realized he already was a snake.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:05 AM
If they punt it’s a loser punt.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:07 AM
McVay in his own head right now.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by cfrs15

Truth.

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:10 AM

What was that challenge?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:10 AM
What was Stafford doing?
OBJ is balling out tonight. Sure wish we had someone like that as a WR, not that we'd know what to do with him.

Hey, Shanahan is in this game too!

Both old Browns!
Posted By: Swish Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:14 AM
Am I the only one not impressed by Matt Stafford ?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:15 AM

What was that challenge?

Lost composure. Desperation challenge.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by Swish
Am I the only one not impressed by Matt Stanford?

He makes crazy good throws but also makes a couple throws a game that make no sense. He is still way better than a lot of QBs.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:21 AM
James G is really trying to give this away.
Yea Jimmy G. crazy
Posted By: Swish Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:37 AM
Jimmy g is a bum. Can’t stay healthy, and continues to make dumb decisions.
Jimmy's last 6 passes he was was 1 for 6 and threw a pick.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:37 AM

Truth.

Shanahan choking against Pats in SB and now this poor decision to haunt him. Not clutch.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:38 AM
So we get to root for enemies the bungles. Or OBJ.

This sucks.
Posted By: Swish Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by EveDawg

This sucks.

I’m just glad it’s not the ravens or Steelers.
Bengals
Joe Burrow
OBJ
Austin Corbett

Am I missing anything?

I can’t wait to read the boards this week 😂
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:41 AM
Do we root for Austin Corbett or Larry Ogunjobi (I know he's injured)?!?

OBJ gets trip to the Super Bowl just as he wanted. Oy vey.
Thanks Milk, I forgot about Obi
Am I the only one not impressed by Matt Stafford ?

You mean Pat Statford?
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:46 AM

This sucks.

I've been a Browns fan for 48 years and I do not consider them enemies like the Steelers or Ravens. I don't mind them representing the AFCN in the Super Bowl.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:47 AM

This sucks.

I've been a Browns fan for 48 years and I do not consider them enemies like the Steelers or Ravens. I don't mind them representing the AFCN in the Super Bowl.

I might have to take that point of view.

This sucks.

I’m with u on that. I don’t mind if they win
Posted By: jfanent Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:53 AM
I dislike them as much as the steelers and rats. They have the biggest bandwagon fans in the world. You hardly ever see any bungles gear around here, but if they have a good season it comes out of the woodwork, and they talk more crap the the steeler fans.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:57 AM
Two good games today. Cincinnati seems like a team of destiny. They are so resilient and have great young guys.

I think the Super Bowl will be a good one
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:59 AM
j/c...

I wonder what Jimmy Haslam is thinking right now.

Burrow leads team to the Super Bowl. OBJ forces his way off the team, Browns get nothing in return, eat the cost and now he's in the Super Bowl.

Anything short of at least one playoff win next year and I'm concerned with what he will do.

2022 season is going to be pivotal for everyone involved.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 03:02 AM
Yeah, its not a good look for our franchise today. Burrow is way better than Baker and OBJ proves that he still has it with over 100 yards and will be in the super bowl
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 03:05 AM
Pretty sure OBJ was sucking on purpose in CLE.
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 03:08 AM
It annoys me that OBJ is going to the superbowl, if he had shown the same heart here as he has had with the Rams, maybe it would've been us in the SB (yes I know, a pipe dream). Dude dropped many a crucial pass to get us some wins, and had to get his camp to get him out of town, I can't stand him
…. It still wouldn’t of been us
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 11:41 AM

\

Only because of Burrow take him away and they are not good but we can't do that ... Yes I'm frustrated I watched Burrow win a NT at LSU when he should have won it Columbus thanks Urban ... and now this SMH

I get it. I don't like it any better than you do, but you can't "take away" players. Maybe in your heart, but it is what it is.

The Bengals are going to the Super Bowl and we get to watch from the couch. I hope this serves as a wake-up call to all involved with the team. If the reason is the QB, then we need to examine that. If it is offensive plan, then we need to examine that. If it is somewhere on the D, we need to examine that. If special teams....you get it.

I am not going to get in to all the possible fixes, we have several months to hash all of that out over thousands of posts, but make no mistake, this year, the Bengals are the better team, a team on the verge of possibly being the best team in the NFL.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 01:15 PM

This sucks.

I might have to take that point of view.

At this point, what the Bengal do/don't do has absolutely no impact on the Brownies. Joe Burrow is also kinda hard not to root for. As for the flip side, I think I'm going full-on jilted lover over the recent OBJ news.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:11 PM
If this weekend has showed us anything, you need a franchise QB, a top tier WR, and a kicker. We currently have none of those
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 02:35 PM
I think we're looking at the 9'ers all wrong. The way I see it, they got that far with a QB that didn't look a ton better than a ripped up Baker (seriously, JG was making some terrible decisions). I hesitate to say he needs to get gone from San Fran, but the people think he's going to come here and solve all our problems can't have watched these games.
Posted By: Swish Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 03:49 PM
That last play from jimmy g gave me flashbacks of Brandon weeden flipping the ball out that ended up getting picked.

So now when I think of jimmy g, I think of weeden. I hope to god we don’t trade for this dude.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 03:53 PM
If we're really on the "anybody but Baker" train, I'd run it back with Tyrod Taylor and a development guy vs spending major assets on the likes of JimmyG or Carr.
JMO but I really feel Jimmy G. is not the answer.
That last play from jimmy g gave me flashbacks of Brandon weeden flipping the ball out that ended up getting picked.

So now when I think of jimmy g, I think of weeden. I hope to god we don’t trade for this dude.

He's in the last year of his contract in 2022 with a salary of $24 million. If we were dumb enough to trade for THAT, we deserve to sit home *every* January.

Side Note: Since The Return in 1999, New England has won NINE (9) AFC Championships; nearly half. Of the remainder, the AFC North has now won FIVE and the piddling remainder is sprinkled around with other teams here and there.

Is there any doubt about how difficult the AFC North is/has been?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Side Note: Since The Return in 1999, New England has won NINE (9) AFC Championships; nearly half. Of the remainder, the AFC North has now won FIVE and the piddling remainder is sprinkled around with other teams here and there.

Brutal. Steelers, Ravens and Bengals could all have Lombardi trophies by end of this Super Bowl.

Even more brutal....since the AFCN was formed in 2002 here is the number of division titles:

Steelers: 9

Ravens: 6

Bengals: 5

Browns: 0
Posted By: FATE Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 05:31 PM

Brutal. Steelers, Ravens and Bengals could all have Lombardi trophies by end of this Super Bowl.

Even more brutal....since the AFCN was formed in 2002 here is the number of division titles:

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

We are what we are, until we become something else. Moral victories, almost wins, could have won, should have won ... means nothing.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 10:28 PM
Yesterday was difficult for me. We insisted on some of our losses. Just do not feel the winners are worlds above and beyond us.
Can't fix stupid (at least, we didn't). Regardless of who is brought in, finishes therapy, is drafted, and so on, the whole shooting match runs through the sideline. The winners did things we don't do, and the losers did. Our games run through those filters. We have need of improving our game planning and insist on better judgment in my opinion. I didn't see us realizing real advantages and outcomes in our games as called. Woods got a little better. We couldn't put enough points up for these last teams. If I am to keep the faith for next year, some things need to be better, different, improved. No faith let in this group/
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by leadtheway
If this weekend has showed us anything, you need a franchise QB, a top tier WR, and a kicker. We currently have none of those
Teams need more than one WR!
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Conference Championship games thread - 01/31/22 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
Yesterday was difficult for me. We insisted on some of our losses. Just do not feel the winners are worlds above and beyond us.
Can't fix stupid (at least, we didn't). Regardless of who is brought in, finishes therapy, is drafted, and so on, the whole shooting match runs through the sideline. The winners did things we don't do, and the losers did. Our games run through those filters. We have need of improving our game planning and insist on better judgment in my opinion. I didn't see us realizing real advantages and outcomes in our games as called. Woods got a little better. We couldn't put enough points up for these last teams. If I am to keep the faith for next year, some things need to be better, different, improved. No faith let in this group/

I don't disagree that has something to do with it, but if we are honest, the QB play we have seen isn't near what is showing up this post season in the AFC.

Maybe it had something to do with Bakers injury, or maybe it just had to do with Baker. As others have said, across the board we are probably better than Cincy, except at QB.

That says something.

The one quote I heard from one of the announcers resonated: "a team is only as good as its 3rd receiver".

The one quote I heard from one of the announcers resonated: "a team is only as good as its 3rd receiver".

Well we had three of them LOL
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/01/22 11:02 AM
I still consider them an okay team, but not a juggernaut like the perfect Dolphins or toughest SB teams in the dynasty category. I feel like other teams had real opportunities for wins. But they made the most(or at least enough) of what they had, and fixed stuff and improved enough to win. By comparison, I can't say that about us. We wasted some talent, and we limited ourselves on both sides of the ball. Seemed like to win, we effectively needed to "carry" BM and Ski. Our second half play was not what you saw in these conference games. I agree with all of it. Hats off to Burrow's ability to make those around him better. We have a fail on that this year.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/01/22 11:23 AM
No doubt they aren't a great team, but they got there.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/01/22 02:34 PM
I don't disagree that has something to do with it, but if we are honest, the QB play we have seen isn't near what is showing up this post season in the AFC.

Maybe it had something to do with Bakers injury, or maybe it just had to do with Baker. As others have said, across the board we are probably better than Cincy, except at QB.
And Coach
Posted By: FATE Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/01/22 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg

That says something.
I'd look a little deeper and see where those QBs were throwing as well.

Here are the "go-to" WRs from the Final Four:

Cooper Kupp

Ja'Marr Chase

Tyreek Hill

Deebo Samuel

That's over 6000 YARDS.

That's also four of the top seven in the league.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/01/22 07:48 PM
No doubt good receivers.

For what it is worth, I don't think OBJ and Jarvis are bad receivers. I don't think DPJ is a bad receiver.

My point is I don't think bringing in Jamar Chase or Tyreek Hill would have as much of a impact on this O, as it stands today. Based on this year, I don't think baker could hit them enough, or Stefanski wouldn't use them enough to put up huge numbers.

My feeling is if Chase was on the team last year, he would have caught maybe 40 balls for maybe 450 yards.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/01/22 09:59 PM
Since I despise the BenGALS and OBJ, I hope the Super Bowl goes into a continuous overtime loop.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/02/22 01:37 AM
I looked for the Browns game on Sunday and couldn't find it . So many people saying the Browns were going to the SB I figured I would watch them win a Conference title. All I saw was similar colors but no Browns team.

Did I miss something ? What happened ? Hmmm !
Posted By: FATE Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/02/22 01:41 AM
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
I looked for the Browns game on Sunday and couldn't find it . So many people saying the Browns were going to the SB I figured I would watch them win a Conference title. All I saw was similar colors but no Browns team.

We would have been there if not for those meddling analytics dudes!!
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/02/22 01:43 AM
Originally Posted by FATE

Like a bud light commercial ? Off with their heads !!
Posted By: FATE Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/02/22 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by FATE

Like a bud light commercial ? Off with their heads !!
Real American heroes... Mr. Slide-rule-season-messer-up-nerd-boy!
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/02/22 01:54 AM
lol !!
Posted By: Dave Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/02/22 02:03 AM
I was partial to Mr. Basketball Court Sweat Wiper Upper.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/02/22 01:39 PM
Since I have $300 on the Rams at 14/1 from Last February, I am rooting Rams smile
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/02/22 01:45 PM
I only disagree with 1 stat in that last line. I think he would've had much more yards.

I'm remembering back to a snippet from either an article or a PC where a first-year Stefanski mentioned that OBJ wouldn't get so many targets, but would get more yards and even TDs. He was trying to sell OBJ on the concept of not so many looks, but when he did get looks they'd be for big plays. I think the first few games of the season bear that out (lots of running and TE looks to set up the big play).
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/02/22 10:17 PM
I can't see Cintucky's OL keeping the Rams DL off of Burrow and that will be the difference ... RAMS 31 Bungals 21
I can't see Cintucky's OL keeping the Rams DL off of Burrow and that will be the difference ... RAMS 31 Bungals 21
If oline was every thing the Browns would be in the Super Bowl
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/04/22 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Since I despise the BenGALS and OBJ, I hope the Super Bowl goes into a continuous overtime loop.
Well, Because we are Browns' Fans,
and the Universe hates the Browns... we know,

The whole game is going to come down to a question of if it's a catch, by OBJ in the end zone, and either way the call comes out, one of those two is going to end up winning.
Posted By: Dave Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/06/22 09:44 PM
Just turned on the Pro Bowl. They're playing two-hand touch. Myles scored a def TD, yippie.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/08/22 04:42 PM
The probowl game needs to die.. I rather them just do a bunch of skills competitions. Something that you can compete against others at your position at.
Posted By: FATE Re: Conference Championship games thread - 02/08/22 04:55 PM
We were driving home when the wife asks if I recorded the Pro Bowl. I told her I don't really watch it anymore, she seemed really surprised. I told her it's not really football and I would rather watch some kids in a pick-up game.

She asks if I want to know the final score...

"Nope, let me guess it."

"Winning team had 42", she responds with "41".

"Losing team had 35."

"Now, how the heck would you know that??"

"Pretty sure that's the score every year" lol.
© DawgTalkers.net