DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: highoman Presale - 07/08/08 06:08 AM
They finally anounced presale wed 10am. i'm a firt year pls owner will they email us the password? hopefully ill wake up with one from the browns in the morning.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Presale - 07/08/08 11:49 AM
It will be sent to your lockerroom.

Don't expect it to be some leisurely process where you are going to get tickets. They release very few for presale.

I have tried to pick up extras in years past for some friends I have up there and was never able to get any...always sold out....so this year...don't expect to land seats for the Cowboys,Steelers, Giants, and probably Denver.
Posted By: Raleigh NC Fan Re: Presale - 07/08/08 01:24 PM
I wouldn't mind getting this password either. It's worth a try!

Raleigh
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: Presale - 07/08/08 01:55 PM
I haven't seen it in my lockerroom yet - anyone else got theirs?
Posted By: Raleigh NC Fan Re: Presale - 07/08/08 02:07 PM
Okay, call me stupid, but what is this locker room you all speak of?
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: Presale - 07/08/08 02:27 PM
"Locker room" is just a football type of word for your online season ticket holder account.
Posted By: Raleigh NC Fan Re: Presale - 07/08/08 02:34 PM
Ah ha! So does that mean only Season Ticket Holders receive the password for the presale?
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: Presale - 07/08/08 02:35 PM
Yep.
Posted By: brownsfansince79 Re: Presale - 07/08/08 02:44 PM
Don't listen to Michelle, she's just playin' with ya.

Everyone who posts on this site gets a locker at Cleveland Browns Stadium. What you do is go to the Stadium and ask for "Jimmy B". As you're asking for him, you have to hold out your left hand with your palm up and your right hand with your palm down. The person you're talking to will put their hands on yours. Then, you have to chant, in unison "ohhhh spirit of Red Grange, please don't eat my mother's famous cobbler" three times.

At that time, you'll hear a rooster croak three times. That has nothing to do with anything.

The person will let you into the stadium. You have to then make a purchase of $25 or more at the gift shop. At such time as the cash register opens, you'll have the option of buying a key ring with a condom in it or a large parking cone. For God's sake, don't get the cone.

Place the key ring on the 48th brick on the outside of the stadium. A door will open which leads to the locker room. Each locker has a name on it. Inside the locker will be the presale password, but it will be written backwards and in morse code. Decipher it, and you'll have access to the tickets.

It's really pretty easy once you get used to it.
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: Presale - 07/08/08 03:27 PM
Cool, they are having a presale. If anyone is willing to share their PW, let me know. I'd appreciate it greatly.
Posted By: highoman Re: Presale - 07/08/08 03:43 PM
ok no word from the browns in my locker room. i got the password from some of my broker buddies though. kinda weird the browns havent gotten them to us. gonna try for extras tomorrow. its all about timing and having ALL programs not running. i have a program that includes the atomic clock type thing that is synced with ticketbastards clock. i have made quite a few bucks reselling tix ( hannnah montana, sold a pair for $620). but if i did score some xtra browns tix better believe they are going to BROWNS fans!!
Posted By: highoman Re: Presale - 07/08/08 04:37 PM
wow before i get any more pms, these guys sell their passwords and make money buying tix, so the less people that know the passwords the better. dont share with everyone is their mantra. but... we are all fans here right. a little searching could probably find. hint [url removed for profanity] minus the *. im going to tom petty show now so if i get up early enough ill tell anyone who cant figure it out. till then good luck guys. google is our freinds
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Presale - 07/08/08 06:01 PM
Code or not, one still has to purchase them through the lockerroom entrance.

A code won't do you any good without a lockerroom pass code.
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: Presale - 07/08/08 06:27 PM
Last year it was directly through ticketmaster, and you didn't have to go through the locker room.

Did they change it this year?
Posted By: BrownsBabe Re: Presale - 07/08/08 06:40 PM
FYI, the email states that the presale starts on Thursday, but ticketbastard says it starts on Wednesday. Best to err on the side of caution and be ready tomorrow!
Posted By: highoman Re: Presale - 07/08/08 07:08 PM
Quote:

Code or not, one still has to purchase them through the lockerroom entrance.

A code won't do you any good without a lockerroom pass code.

sorry but i believe you are wrong. you dont need ANYTHING from locker room.that is why they mentioned in the email that its a secret and not to tell everyone. ticketbastard is not working with the browns in anyway like that. they are given a password to give to the psl owners. every other year i just used a code and was there and ready and got tix. but im not sure if it was a psl password at the time. this is the first year we have a psl. the password i recieved earlier is for wed, and is different than the one the browns just sent me for thur. Soooo i'm gonna try tomorrow with the one i mentioned earlier and thur with the one we all got. so hopefully they have set some off to the side for us psl owners cause they will probably be gone wed.
Posted By: highoman Re: Presale - 07/08/08 07:12 PM
sorry Ref for the earlier post. i did not realize there was posts on her myspace that used profanity. her user name was the password, kinda funny cause she is hot. i just tried to sneek the password out there, sorry
Posted By: Beerdowner Re: Presale - 07/08/08 10:56 PM
Wonder if it'll be tomorrow or Thursday? Gonna be a lot of steamed up people if it begins tomorrow and the "official" announcement says Thursday.

Almost as steamed up as those that get on, get sweet Steelers seats, and are ready to pay with their Mastercard...
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Presale - 07/08/08 11:09 PM
Quote:

sorry Ref for the earlier post. i did not realize there was posts on her myspace that used profanity. her user name was the password, kinda funny cause she is hot. i just tried to sneek the password out there, sorry

Right...that wasn't the password.

Just quit trying to jerk people around.

You don't have a clue.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Presale - 07/08/08 11:15 PM
Quote:

...At that time, you'll hear a rooster croak three times. That has nothing to do with anything....

That whole post was killer! I want what you're smokin.

Posted By: BradAzz Re: Presale - 07/09/08 12:17 AM
I could be wrong, but maybe club seat holders get a pw for Weds. and other season ticket holders get it for Thurs. My e-mail says Thurs...
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: Presale - 07/09/08 12:46 AM
That makes sense. Club owners have always gotten first dibs.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Presale - 07/09/08 01:02 AM
Quote:

That makes sense. Club owners have always gotten first dibs.

And they should..they pay more.
Posted By: Heldawg Re: Presale - 07/09/08 01:10 AM
Club Seat Season Ticket Holder Single Game Ticket Opportunity

Browns individual game tickets are slated to go on sale Saturday, July 12, 2008 at 10 a.m. to the general public, but we are excited to offer you two additional ways to secure additional single game tickets in advance.

A special pre-sale opportunity for our Club Seat Holders begins on Wednesday, July 9, 2008 from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. while supplies last. Purchases are restricted to 4 tickets per game and 1 game per transaction; all sales are subject to Ticketmaster convenience charges.

ADDITIONAL CLUB SEATS

As a Club Seat Holder, we are pleased to offer you an additional benefit - the ability to purchase additional CLUB SEAT tickets for individual games. A benefit exclusive to just our club seat holders. To access this additional club seat inventory during this presale, visit the Season Tickets page on ClevelandBrowns.com and log in to your Season Ticket Holder Locker Room. To enter the Locker Room you'll need your e-mail address or your season ticket account number as your username, and your Locker Room password. Once inside your Locker Room, please scroll down to the text link on the bottom left reading "Exclusive Club Seat Holder Pre-Sale" and click to begin.

Please keep in mind inventory is limited and that this opportunity is meant exclusively for you - our Club Season Ticket Holders - and is not meant to be shared with others. Please be aware that providing others with access to your Locker Room could compromise your personal information as well as the security of your tickets.

If you have difficulty accessing your Season Ticket Holder Locker Room, or are unable to locate your season ticket account number, please contact the Browns Ticket Office at (440) 891-5050, toll free (888) 891-1999 or via e-mail at [Email]tickets@clevelandbrowns.com.[/Email]

NON-CLUB SINGLE GAME TICKETS

We are also making a limited number of single game tickets in the regular seating bowl available prior to the general public for each of the exciting 2008 games. To take advantage of this offer, please use the URL and password listed below.

URL:

Password:

We are thrilled to present this opportunity to our valued Club Season Ticket Holders. We look forward to seeing you at Cleveland Browns Stadium this upcoming season!

Visa, proud sponsor of the Cleveland Browns and the only card accepted for Browns tickets.

I was weighing back and forth if I should even post the message but decided that I'd post it so everyone knows what's going on.

No I'm not giving out the special URL and Password that goes with it nor am I buying anyone tickets for them. Do not PM me please.

I wish everyone the best of luck finding seats for games this season. aloha
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: Presale - 07/09/08 01:31 AM
I wasn't saying they shouldn't...just saying his time line would make sense.
Posted By: StarglowEnergy Re: Presale - 07/09/08 01:43 AM
It makes sense to me...season ticket holders should own the privledge of having first rights at single season tickets.....they dish out the big bucks.

Anyone wanting a few tickets for a particular game can get online the morning they go on sale and take a chance of getting a few seats for the game they desire to go to....knowing the nose bleed seats will be all that are available.

If the game sells out before you can get tickets.....Ebay is there to bid on tickets for any game of choice!

It is sad to see some season ticket holders....that only buy tickets to sell on Ebay for big profits, mostly Steelers fans do that crap.

Sometimes we have to dish out a few more dollars then the average person who is online and lucky enough do get tickets at face value.....but sometimes it is well worth it, especially when having the opportunity to see one game a year!

It is never the end of the world for me when I can not purchase tickets the day they go on sale.....there are other options...but knowing that purchasing tickets through ticketmaster...always means using a Visa card!

The tickets this season for every game could be sweet...home or away!

You season ticket holders....all of you are very lucky!
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: Presale - 07/09/08 04:44 AM
There are 2 presales- one for club seat owners, and another for season ticket holders.

The season ticket holders will be able to purchase them directly from Ticketmaster. I "think" that the club seat owners have to use the locker room feature according to what I've found out. That sale is Wednesday. Season ticket presale is Thursday.

Either way, I'll be ready just in case tomorrow.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Presale - 07/09/08 01:14 PM
Quote:

I wasn't saying they shouldn't...just saying his time line would make sense.

I know.

I was agreeing with you and adding a comment.
Posted By: BpG Re: Presale - 07/09/08 01:15 PM
Presale is the best thing since sliced bread!
Posted By: BpG Re: Presale - 07/09/08 01:16 PM
do we know if today is club seats or actual presale, I would hate to waste my time at work trying when I can't buy today!
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 01:46 PM
Im confused!
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:05 PM
I keep getting this

We couldn't find tickets that matched your request.

Please try one of the options below:
Change Your Request If you selected a specific price, section or location, try "Best Available" or "Any Price" instead.

If you used a promotional code or password, check your offer details to verify if the code or password is valid for the specific event or ticket request you're making.

Try a different quantity of tickets. Back »

Check Back Often If the event just went on sale, keep trying. When a customer is viewing specific seats, only that customer sees those seats, if a customer decides not to buy, then the seats automatically become available to other customers.

If the event has been on sale a while, check back often, many times tickets become available prior to the event. Back »
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:13 PM
arright well either I am not getting any tickets or they go one sale tommorow.
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:18 PM
Ditto.

It takes the password, but doesn't find tickets. And I even tried preseason, so I know those didn't sell out that quick.

What a letdown. Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:21 PM
yea it has to be tommorow....at least I am not the onyl one.

wheew thanks for the response man.

I'll try again tommorow, but at east i learned how to select all the games I want to go to at once.

The island better get ready for some flip cup!!!!!
Posted By: Gift Horse Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:25 PM
Quote:

Ditto.

It takes the password, but doesn't find tickets. And I even tried preseason, so I know those didn't sell out that quick.

I found tickets. Four in the Family Zone for the Texans game. I didn't buy them but at least it proves something is for sale.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:28 PM
grrrrr, I can't find anything.
Posted By: kingodawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:30 PM
Quote:

Ditto.

I have face value preseason available, hit me with a PM if you are interested.

KING
Posted By: shotty66 Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:30 PM
You need to read the fine print at the bottom.

BpG must send us his 1st. born son before ordering ticket's
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:33 PM
I just wish I knew one way or the other so I can stop breaking my neck trying to punch these stup passwords in. Don't they think "Warfare grouting" is too freaking long? Tired of typing them to search already
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:33 PM
I knew it, it's all shotty's doing!

damn you shotty!
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:34 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Ditto.

KING

Nobody pays face value for preseason.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:38 PM
I swear if I don't get tickets to the games I want I am going on an office rampage!
Posted By: shotty66 Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:38 PM
My plan is working!
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:41 PM
Be sure to have someone video it.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:43 PM
Yeah it's 10:44 and I can't find a single ticket for any of the 4 games I have pegged to go to, so there is no way it is working.

I'll try again tommorow...my employer just lost 45 minutes of productivity....thanks ticketmaster!
Posted By: Gift Horse Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:44 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ditto.

KING

In years past that was true when we were a miserable team; but, this year presale tickets are going on Ebay for a few bucks under and even over face depending on the location.

It's some people's only chance to even get a seat. Here's hoping the trend continues
Posted By: DeepThreat Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:52 PM
Quote:

You sold me preseason tickets for two bucks over.
Posted By: kingodawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:57 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ditto.

KING

Damn I didnt think it was that funny

I paid face value

I would rather sell them to someone on here than put them on E bay,where like it has been said that even pre season are going for close to face value, if not for a bit over.

KING
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 02:58 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ditto.

KING

In years past that was true when we were a miserable team; but, this year presale tickets are going on Ebay for a few bucks under and even over face depending on the location.

It's some people's only chance to even get a seat. Here's hoping the trend continues

Oh, I should have clarified by saying people with a brain don't buy at face value, unless they are forced, like some of us are, to buy them with season tickets.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:02 PM
Quote:

Quote:

You sold me preseason tickets for two bucks over.

Oh...um.....those were really special seats.....on a really special night......
Posted By: kingodawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:05 PM
Supply and demand.

If there is a demand, people will pay face value so the people who were forced to pay full value for preseason can at least break even on those games. For me it just isnt worth it to make a 40 mile drive and take a night off work for a preseason game, for some others it may be worth it.

KING
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:09 PM
In the three or four seasons I've had season tickets I have never sold preseason games for face. Two for one, at best.

I hate that those games are full cost. They should be half to begin with.
Posted By: kingodawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:12 PM
Quote:

In the three or four seasons I've had season tickets I have never sold preseason games for face. Two for one, at best.

I hate that those games are full cost. They should be half to begin with.

Typical women, crushing my hopes and dreams

KING
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:14 PM
Well, you said they were selling close to face on ebay...so maybe this year will be different. I would never want my tickets sold on ebay, though.
Posted By: kingodawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:18 PM
Quote:

Well, you said they were selling close to face on ebay...so maybe this year will be different. I would never want my tickets sold on ebay, though.

I dont either and that is why E bay will be a last resort.

KING
Posted By: DeepThreat Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:19 PM
Quote:

Oh...um.....those were really special seats.....on a really special night......

And all that stuff I told to AsianDawg in his welcoming thread was true.
Posted By: kingodawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:25 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ditto.

KING

Oh, I should have clarified by saying people with a brain don't buy at face value, unless they are forced, like some of us are, to buy them with season tickets.

HMMMM, so what is Jules trying to say about DT??

KING
Posted By: DeepThreat Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:29 PM
That she forced me to buy them along with her season tickets.
Posted By: kingodawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:36 PM
Quote:

That she forced me to buy them along with her season tickets.

Oh Ok now I understand better, I didnt know you had bought her season tickets. I am in the same boat, buying the preseason games to go along witht heseason seats.

KING
Posted By: DeepThreat Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:37 PM
I didn't. I just made that up.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:43 PM
I give my pre-season tickets away.

I donate them to Browns Charities and then claim them as a tax deduction...charitable contribution.
Posted By: DeepThreat Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:45 PM
Donate them to my charity. All donations go to a young child in need of Browns' action.
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:46 PM
I still enjoy going to a preseason game. I won't pay a lot for it, though. It's kind of like a warm up. I don't go and tailgate, but you get to see a night game, so you're in shorts and comfy, and get to see the team after a looooong lay off from the last season.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 03:52 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Ditto.

I found tickets. Four in the Family Zone for the Texans game. I didn't buy them but at least it proves something is for sale.

I ended up getting 2 tickets to the Broncos game, 4 to the Texans, and 4 to the Bengals in the Family Zone. No other games were available. I will definitely use the Texans tickets since I'll be in Ohio for Thanksgiving, but not sure about the other seats yet... It looks like non-Family Zone tickets go up for sale on Thursday.

To find the Family Zone presale password, search for "Cleveland Browns Presale Password" on eBay .
Posted By: highoman Re: Presale - 07/09/08 04:43 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Right...that wasn't the password.

Just quit trying to jerk people around.

You don't have a clue.

here is a clue for ya, people make a living of selling tickets, and alot they make. there are are different links to buy tickets, its just an url. scalpers have autobot programs and other links they share and what not. you ever notice how some tix sell out for concerts and such 1 min after they go on sale? dont have time to explain all the tricks cause i got a hang over from last night. you may know everything and have your opinions, which are many.... 9603 of as a matter of fact. so i must take everything you say hear as true when it come to the browns. but put 9603 posts about ticket scalping and then YOU might have a clue. I hope everyone can get some tix tomorrow that are nice browns fans. jsut remember to only share with other browns fans. just make sure you type those crazy security words correct. with such demand if you get it wrong once you probably won't get any. off to work and live a little, good luck guys.
9603...lol.
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 05:15 PM
That sucks, I couldn't get any at all. Nice that you did snag some.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 05:28 PM
Quote:

That sucks, I couldn't get any at all. Nice that you did snag some.

WOW!

This post had my heart in my stomach!

I am glad I didn't go on my office rampage prematurely!

if I hadn't read that he bought FAMILY ZONE tickets, I might have gone nuts!
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 05:30 PM
Who wants to sit in the Family Zone, anyway?! ICK. No beer, no yelling. Screw that.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 05:37 PM
Families maybe....just throwing it out there...lol

jk

I agree, I wouldn't want to sit there, but I thought I missed out on presale all together when I saw that post.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: damn you Presale - 07/09/08 07:06 PM
Quote:

Who wants to sit in the Family Zone, anyway?! ICK. No beer, no yelling. Screw that.

It guarantees me a seat and I'll be taking my nephews, so I'm ok with it...would love a beer, but can handle none for 1 game.

BTW, will be my first game in the new stadium. Hard to believe I've been out here for so long...
Posted By: GMdawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 03:04 AM
For all of those wanting to buy good seats even in the pre sale.... DREAM ON. You can sit in the top rows, or you can pay ten times the real value of the seats. It has been that way for years. I paid 1600 bucks last year for two good seats in the opener, and four good seats for the Bengals game. This year I will once again only go to one or two games, because the average Joe just can't afford good seats to all the games
Posted By: Beerdowner Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 03:11 AM
I sat in the 2nd and 5th rows, respectively, in Phoenix and St. Louis last year, and includes two round trip flights and 6 nights stay in hotel, plus all the "entertainment" dollars I spend didn't equate to $1600.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 03:18 AM
Thats because none of the home town fans go to Rams, and Cards games
Posted By: Beerdowner Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 03:27 AM
Met a lot of good Clevelanders at both. You should try it sometime, and maybe spend $50-60/ticket on the home games.
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 04:48 AM
Quote:

For all of those wanting to buy good seats even in the pre sale.... DREAM ON. You can sit in the top rows, or you can pay ten times the real value of the seats. It has been that way for years. I paid 1600 bucks last year for two good seats in the opener, and four good seats for the Bengals game. This year I will once again only go to one or two games, because the average Joe just can't afford good seats to all the games

GM - last year, I had the opportunity in the presale to buy club seats. I passed because I didn't know if the people I was taking would fork over $200.

I ended up snagging 45 yard line, 3rd row upper deck seats. Those are great seats if you've never sat in them. Had others around the 20 in the upper deck at row 5. Nice seats.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 12:27 PM
Only some time of clown would pay for the "good" seats anyway.

ohh wait
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:09 PM
no
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:11 PM

not single ticket for aNY GAMES?

WTF?
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:13 PM
ticketmaster is CRAP!
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:16 PM
apparently the only tickets I can get are for the presason jets game

wtf
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:18 PM
I just got tickets to the Cowboys and Steelers.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:19 PM
Just kidding^
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:19 PM
this is
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:24 PM
Quote:

Just kidding^

was about to kill...lol still trying...ntohing!
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:25 PM
Bwahahaha.. I just got 4 more tix for the MNF Giants game heehee..
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:28 PM
I did find tickets. Not like I had hoped, but then again I had to look for 4 tix each game which hurt my chances.

At first, I only got 2 games for the Family Zone. I turned it down, and ended up getting tix to the Cowboys, Broncos and Bengals games. 2 of them were in the corners about halfway up, and the Cincy game I got more like 30 yard line, but way up at almost the top.

Disappointed that I didn't get the Steelers game, though......I'll have to try on Saturday.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:29 PM
i refuse to beleive that there are zero tickets for ANY games available besides the bengals game in december....this is crap
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:29 PM
Just be warned they only release so many per hour as to have them available all day...and I would bet they aren't releasing more than a few for the big games....It wouldn't surprise me if they only release 2-4 seats per hour for the games everybody wants.

They have to have tickets available for regular sale....like people camped out at the stadium.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:33 PM
I am so fruistrated
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:45 PM
I hear you.

this has never been a way to get tickets....it really amounts to a lottery...being the lucky person to get through at the moment they let a few seats out.

Luck of the draw.

And like I said..the number of seats released is very small.

They probably release more for the late season games as well....get those sold before the season takes a turn(not saying it will)....but everybody wants to be there early.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:46 PM
it's just crap, I didn't even get a chance and Dallas and Pitt is sold out already
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:49 PM
THIS PRESALE IS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT.

Looks like it is over....

But you got a chance at it...you just didn't get anything.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:51 PM
Quote:

Quote:

It guarantees me a seat and I'll be taking my nephews, so I'm ok with it...would love a beer, but can handle none for 1 game.

BTW, will be my first game in the new stadium. Hard to believe I've been out here for so long...

We went to a game last year in the family zone and I enjoyed it a lot. We still cheered loud and hard, we just didn't hear a bunch of obsene phrases. You can't drink in your seats, but you can buy beer just out of the section. There is also a larger number of opposing fns, but the rules kept things under control.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:53 PM
I managed to get tickets to all home games in section 348, row 17.

Did I mention they were free?
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 02:56 PM
last year I basically got any tickets I wanted.

They start winning and real fans get the boot.

No doubt all of those tickets will be on EBAY in an hour.
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 03:04 PM
I got 3 tickets to (between 10:00am and 10:05am):
Baltimore
Texans
Cincy

I needed 1 o'clock games for my dad and brother so the selection was limited. For those games, I might have my 2 season tickets for sale, as my friend who I go with can't attend a few games this year but I'm not sure which ones those are yet; I'll be posting at a later date when I know if I'll have extra tix.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 03:06 PM
Quote:

Real fans have season tickets.
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 03:08 PM
Quote:

No doubt all of those tickets will be on EBAY in an hour.

Probably. I hate brokers.

I can see the first 2 games being tough. The opener is always tough to get, and there are a lot of Dallas fans around. Same with Pittsburgh. A lot of fans in this area.

But man, I couldn't even get the Houston game unless I sat in the family zone. And the tickets I did get were nowhere near as good as they were last season. I'm in 524, 525 for 2 games, and then have decent seats in 507 (which looks to be around the 30) but way up in row 32.

BPG- don't forget the public sale Friday. I'll be trying to get tix against the Stoolies.

BTW- if anyone has preseason tix they don't want, lemme know.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 03:09 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah I know, I should have just ponied up the dough then.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 03:11 PM
Quote:

Quote:

We think alike.

Now I don't have to fool with finding presale codes.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 03:16 PM
the passwords me off too.

"Ambivolent manmann"

Really?
Posted By: Pdawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 03:19 PM
Well, at least real fans that can afford to buy PSLs and tickets for 10 games.

My buddy tried to upgrade his tickets this year. he recieved an email that they would not be able to. I guess that means not a lot of fans are giving up more expensive seats. Do you think I'm right?

BTW...I am pretty sure Julie was joking. Were you?
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 03:39 PM
some guy just told me he got 4 tickets to every home game, last night......not family zone
Posted By: DeepThreat Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 03:45 PM
Jules doesn't joke, jest, or kid in any way, shape, or form.
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 03:58 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We think alike.

Now I don't have to fool with finding presale codes.

Not everyone can fork over a few thousand dollars for a PSL and tickets.

It has nothing to do with being a real fan. Reality is not everyone can afford it.
Posted By: DeepThreat Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 04:00 PM
Like me. Not to mention, It'd be a long drive on my moped.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 04:01 PM
I can afford it....I just wanted to cherry pick....looks like I am getting season tickets next year...
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 04:03 PM
I bought our PSLs on ebay several years ago when we sucked. Figured once we were good the prices would soar. They weren't cheap and we couldn't afford it, but we did it anyway...as an investment type thing. I would grab them ASAP, BpG.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 04:13 PM
Quote:

My buddy tried to upgrade his tickets this year. he recieved an email that they would not be able to. I guess that means not a lot of fans are giving up more expensive seats. Do you think I'm right?

BTW...I am pretty sure Julie was joking. Were you?

I don't know where his seats are, but yes, the only way the team can upgrade seats is to have better seats come back to them, so moving down and front is next to impossible since most people aren't going to just give up their seats, they will sell them private party.

About the only way the browns should ever get them back is if someone dies and the family doesn't know to sell the things or the browns somehow revoke the license.

Like I said, she and I think alike, so if you are pretty such she was kidding, you can assume I was as well.

Good gravy.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 04:25 PM
Quote:

I bought our PSLs on ebay several years ago when we sucked.

I did so as well...the same year as I recall.

About the only way to get seats that aren't jammed in some corner and way up high is to buy them in a private transfer.

I think we both got lucky and got pretty decent seats and didn't have to pay a premium to the seller because we bought after 2-3 bad seasons and the prospects weren't looking good for the next.

I think it safe to say that as demand for tickets goes through the roof and the team is actually good, we couldn't have bought our same seats without paying a pretty hefty premium over normal PSL cost.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 04:27 PM
We got good deals, no doubt. I think we bought them at exactly the right time.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 04:33 PM
Quote:

Shrewd buyers.
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 04:34 PM
They released season tickets this year. I got a mailer on it, and ALMOST bought them. But I want 4 seats, not 2, and I would been broke as a joke if I did it.

I hope they still have them next year, because my wife agreed to use our tax returns on the tickets. They had nothing available in the lower bowl or the Pound. Needless to say, I'm not buying 4 club seats. I was looking at some of the mid-level prices, like around the 20 yard line or so. But I just thought financially, it would have been dumb of me to do this year. We used the tax returns to pay off our new windows, insulation and a credit card instead.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 04:45 PM
Something people around here don't seem look at is the trip packages.

No, the 3 game set isn't going to be all "A" games, but I have never gone to a game not thinking it wasn't a A game.

That is how all these games are sold out early...you want the Steeler game, you also have to take a couple of others.

The big games...Steelers, Cowboys, probably Giants, have been nearly sold out for weeks now. There probably isn't 2000 seats to each game once all this pre-sale hits..and they have to hold back most of those for general sale.

It isn't good business to be sold out of the Steeler game by the time the 3rd person in line at the stadium reaches the ticket window Saturday morning. People will probably start lining up Friday night.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 05:09 PM
So when do the sales to the public start?

It is more difficult than this to get tickets?

What irks me is that, it says that some games aren't sold out yet, but you can't find anything.
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 05:31 PM
I just went on and got 3 more tickets to the Texans game for some other friends.

I also just for fun tried a few others; could have also bught for Cincy. You sure you've got the right password?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 05:33 PM
It is hard to buy on the NET....trust me...if there is a line at the stadium, people sitting at home aren't going to be able to scoop up all the seats.

Really man....if you are looking for Steeler seats, you probably aren't going to get them. If they only have 2000 of the things and there is 300 people in line at the stadium, they are just going to shut off net sales for those and sell to people in line...then if any are left, they will open net sales again.

I don't know computer lingo and how they would do this, but they have 1 line in to the net sales with thousands trying to get in every second...the ones who get in are as lucky as being the 103rd caller to a radio station.

It isn't as simple as sipping your coffee and browsing over hundreds of seat selections, finally making your selection.

I am not trying to bum you out, but luck plays the biggest role in who gets seats and who doesn't. I wouldn't go in to this expecting to get anything.

You might want to check viagogo now, because as people start getting locked out of seats, they are going to start gobbling them up there.....you see something cheap now, you might want to go ahead and buy the things because as you keep fooling around on the net, the cheaper seats over there will start to vanish.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 05:34 PM
Yeah I bought two cincy tickets, and two Denver tickets, but the others just dont come up.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 05:35 PM
Quote:

I just went on and got 3 more tickets to the Texans game for some other friends.

I also just for fun tried a few others; could have also bught for Cincy. You sure you've got the right password?

If he had the wrong passcode, it would tell you that before you started to input quantity of seats etc.
Posted By: columbusdawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 05:49 PM
No it doesn't - the passcode is on the same page now. you pick how many and put the passcode in. It won't tell you it's wrong until you submit it and it doesn't explicitally state wrong passcode if you can't get tickets, just a generic message:

Quote:

Change Your Request
If you selected a specific price, section or location, try "Best Available" or "Any Price" instead.

If you used a promotional code or password, check your offer details to verify if the code or password is valid for the specific event or ticket request you're making.

Check Back Often
If the event just went on sale, keep trying. When a customer is viewing specific seats, only that customer sees those seats, if a customer decides not to buy, then the seats automatically become available to other customers.
If the event has been on sale a while, check back often, many times tickets become available prior to the event.

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 05:51 PM
OK....great....at any rate, he said he bought tickets, so that wasn't the problem.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 05:51 PM
Yeah I got that message, but I am entering the same password as when I got the other tickets?
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 05:53 PM
Quote:

We couldn't find tickets that matched your request.

Please try one of the options below:
Change Your Request If you selected a specific price, section or location, try "Best Available" or "Any Price" instead.

Check Back Often If the event just went on sale, keep trying. When a customer is viewing specific seats, only that customer sees those seats, if a customer decides not to buy, then the seats automatically become available to other customers.

If the event has been on sale a while, check back often, many times tickets become available prior to the event. Back »

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 06:01 PM
It has been saying since 11am that the Cowboys and Steelers presale is sold out.

Quit trying
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 06:04 PM
Yeah I think I got the Dallas game covered by other means actually...
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 06:13 PM
My dreams were:

4 Dallas tix (HA!), 2 pittspuke, 4 Baltimore, 4 Indy

Why I couldn't get Baltimore tickets is beyond me!
Posted By: Raleigh NC Fan Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 06:43 PM
J/C

Well I need 5 to the Steerler game and 2 to the Colts game. Screw it, I'll just pay out the ass through a broker or Ebay as usual.

Sitting on Ticket Master for tix is crap. I got work to do baby!
Got to make some money to afford the Steeler tix!

Raleigh
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 06:51 PM
I'll try my luck with season ticket holders first.

Some guy said he would sell me his Dallas and Indy tix....so I'll risk sending a money order....any advice on that...
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 06:54 PM
Do you know the guy at all?
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 06:55 PM
Not personally....
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 06:56 PM
I'd do something other than a money order then. Like a paypal type thing. Although, if he's going to rip you off he could do it either way I suppose.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 06:59 PM
I figured I would send a money order, send it certified, so I know when he signs for it that he in fact got it.

Then if he is a jerk, I can blame Shotty!

any better ideas?
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 07:26 PM
Where did you find his tickets for sale? PM if you would rather not say.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 07:28 PM
Shotty sent me a PM from the Browns backer peeps....

Had his email, so I emailed him.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 07:30 PM
I forwarded the PM to you that I got....
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 07:32 PM
You'll probably be okay with that guy. Just keep a paper trail in case something goes wrong.
Posted By: Browns Lifer Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 08:01 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Shrewd buyers.

No doubt... buy low / sell... er... well, buy low anyway. This is year four for my tickets and I got my PSLs on eBay for about half of what the Browns would charge for them.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 08:12 PM
Quote:

You'll probably be okay with that guy. Just keep a paper trail in case something goes wrong.

Thanks for the approval!

Holdin you accountable for my losses.
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 08:16 PM
Good luck with that.
Posted By: OSU Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 08:48 PM
Quote:

Screw it, I'll just pay out the ass through a broker or Ebay as usual.

Don't do that man...Go to the game wait 5-10 minutes into the game and then get your ticket from a scalper. Everytime I do that I have luck and usually pay 20-30 bucks depending on the seat. I have done this at least 20 times in my life and never had any problems with it whatsoever. However if you decide to get a ticket from ebay or whoever good luck
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 08:51 PM

I doubt the man wants to drive from North Carolina "hoping" to get a ticket.....

I also find it funny that it still says damn you presale....lol
Posted By: OSU Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 08:55 PM
Quote:

I doubt the man wants to drive from North Carolina "hoping" to get a ticket.....

"Hoping" LMAO....He easily can get a ticket,it's football game not the Super Bowl. The place holds over 70,000 people. I'll pay for his whole trip if he takes my advice and unable get a ticket
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 08:56 PM
Quote:

Quote:

"Hoping" LMAO....He easily can get a ticket,it's football game not the Super Bowl. The place holds over 70,000 people. I'll pay for his whole trip if he takes my advice and unable get a ticket

5 tickets to the Steelers game before game time, second game of the year.....I'd be surprised if he got them myself....
Posted By: OSU Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 08:57 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

5 tickets to the Steelers game before game time, second game of the year.....I'd be surprised if he got them myself....

Well I didn't say before game time did I Plus yeah getting 5 seats together probably wouldn't happen.
Posted By: BradAzz Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 09:54 PM
Quote:

This is year four for my tickets and I got my PSLs on eBay for about half of what the Browns would charge for them.

I got my PSL's about a week before the Joe Thomas/Brady Quinn draft for $26 each. The Browns price on them would be $1,100 each...

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 09:56 PM
At some point you have to have faith in people.

Nobody likes to get ripped off. If the guy rips you off for a few hundred bucks...that sucks, but it isn't the end of the world.

That said, I doubt he will...I would put the odds of that happening pretty low.

Take a few steps to verify his phone number or something like that and you will be fine. Once he gets paid, he can transfer the tickets through his locker room account and you can print them out out at the house.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 10:56 PM
Yeah, I got Dallas and Indy tickets from him. Seems legit, gave me his home adress...etc.

Got his name from a Browns backer group via shotty, Michelle approved....now I wait and have faith.

I sent it overnight express, with direct signature so someone at his residence has to sign for it. The money order can be cancelled (per the bank).

SO i feel pretty safe....

YES!

Dallas tix, just what I wanted....
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 10:58 PM
BTW I can't be around to buy on saturday so I had to make sure I got my tix
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 11:01 PM
I probably won't be at MLI long...now muni lot island...I have some other places to be as well.....but hope to meet you
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 11:11 PM
Likewise...
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 11:11 PM
Quote:

BTW I can't be around to buy on saturday so I had to make sure I got my tix

What I told you earlier......the early bird gets the worm..while you were on line screwing around, other people are snatching up the next best deals.

You might have ended up getting nice seats at face.....but maybe not.

Tickets in hand is always a good feeling.....plus....you are paying for them now. By the time the game rolls around, that money is long gone and it almost seems like you are going for free.

I have always enjoyed paying for things in advance. That way you aren't broke when you are there and don't start debating if you should have another beer or indulge in a sausage over a regular hotdog.

You can't take it with you....have some fun while walking around this rock.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/10/08 11:45 PM
At this point I would have rather just bought season tickets and cherry picked game sI wanted and tried to sell the others.

Rookie move....

It really wasn't about saving the money for me, but others wanted tix at face. Since I couldn't get any for them (we all would have went together) they have nothing and I got what I could for me.

Browns tickets is a cut throat business.

Games I am going to:

Dallas
Denver
Indy
Cinci
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: damn you Presale - 07/11/08 04:25 AM
Quote:

My dreams were:

4 Dallas tix (HA!), 2 pittspuke, 4 Baltimore, 4 Indy

Why I couldn't get Baltimore tickets is beyond me!

I got 4 Dallas today actually. Didn't get the Pitts and Balt games like I wanted, and my 4th game usually is a game I try for that nobody is probably trying for, which will increase my chances of scoring better seats. It has worked in years past, but not this year. Ended up with Dallas, Denver and Cincy, 4 tickets each.
Posted By: shotty66 Re: damn you Presale - 07/11/08 08:50 AM
I know the guy, he is a Browns Backer here in vegas.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/11/08 01:02 PM
Browns fans don't cheat other Browns fans.
Posted By: ncdawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/11/08 01:26 PM
Peen & BpG, my wife and I (along with my sister and her beau) will also be at the Dallas game. I hope to meet you guys, even if only briefly.

We paid through the nose for tickets from a broker, but we only get to one game a yr. and we needed 4 tickets together so.........plus my wife has NEVER been to Cleveland when it hasn't been snowing or cold or raining or all of the above. So we really wanted a early game.

I hope I can meet some of you guys up there.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/11/08 02:01 PM
I will be around.

I will be in the Muni for a while to deliver some tickets and say hello, then heading to join up with some other friends at another location.

As it gets nearer, we can figure something out. If nothing else I like heading to the stadium pretty early, we can hook up for a beverage and intro's there.
Posted By: ncdawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/11/08 02:14 PM
sounds, good, I also like getting in a little early, but with this being a 4:00 kick-off, we should have plenty of time to hook up before the game.

looking forward to it your honorable sir peen.
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/11/08 03:08 PM
Quote:

I will be around.

I will be in the Muni for a while to deliver some tickets and say hello, then heading to join up with some other friends at another location.

As it gets nearer, we can figure something out. If nothing else I like heading to the stadium pretty early, we can hook up for a beverage and intro's there.

Yeah it gets pretty crazy. I have a ton of freinds from HS and College who all live in Cleveland and go to all the games. I typically at least try to stop by DTI to say hi and hang out. I think this year, being that we won 10 games, it is going to get wild.

Like Peen said, as it gets closer we can arrange a time to meet in the Muni lot that is agreeable by all. If not, pre-game, beer hut, on me.....we will figure out a section...

Don't be surprised by my boyish good looks.
Posted By: Raleigh NC Fan Re: damn you Presale - 07/11/08 03:57 PM
J/C
Now that I have 2 tix to the Colts game, I'm looking for 4 tix to the Steelers Game. I found some in section 124 which for the money, look like a good deal.

Anyone on here have tickets in section 124, how do you like those seats?
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/11/08 04:11 PM
Quote:

J/C
Now that I have 2 tix to the Colts game,

You actually think you are GETTING those tickets? HA!!
Posted By: highoman Re: damn you Presale - 07/11/08 04:18 PM
it depends what you want in a game. if you want to know if we got the first down or not, or you dont want to watch the jumbo screen when the action is not near you.... you might look for seats towards the sides. BUT if you guys want to be close to the action, party with the dawgpound, drinking and have a good time, yep thems good seats. also just depends who your takin. jmo
Posted By: Raleigh NC Fan Re: damn you Presale - 07/11/08 04:32 PM
Quote:

Quote:

J/C
Now that I have 2 tix to the Colts game,

You actually think you are GETTING those tickets? HA!!

Ha, ha! In DawgMichelle I trust!
Posted By: mamuhmia Re: damn you Presale - 07/11/08 11:37 PM
Anyone know if it's better to try to buy tix on Ticketmaster through the internet or by phone? I'm trying to get 3 tix to the opener and I know my chances are slim getting them that way, but I was hoping to know which way might be better. Thanks!
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/11/08 11:43 PM
I don't know if it would be impossible to do both...a little fumbling around.

Actually odd numbers work on tickets...a few time I wanted to buy 2 seats to a play and couldn't get any.....plug in 3 and they pop right up.

I had a expensive seat to rest my jacket and her purse, but we had the seats we wanted.

3 is a good number when looking for seats....so is 1.
Posted By: mamuhmia Re: damn you Presale - 07/11/08 11:51 PM
Good idea! My brother and I always take my mom to one game, and this is the one she wants. My husband doesn't ever want to spend the money to go for himself, so 3 is our lucky number.
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 05:29 AM
Quote:

Really man....if you are looking for Steeler seats, you probably aren't going to get them. If they only have 2000 of the things and there is 300 people in line at the stadium, they are just going to shut off net sales for those and sell to people in line...then if any are left, they will open net sales again.

Actually Peen, I have no idea how they do it or how many they reserve, because the tickets at the Stadium box office don't go on sale Saturday. I believe you can buy them there on Monday. So they must set aside 'x' amount, or some of the odd seats that are left.

I need one more game tomorrow. I'll be trying for the Pukesburgh game, and if that fails, then it'll be Baltimore.

A woman at work is so ticked off she didn't get tickets Thursday to the Cowboys game. I gave her the password, told her to make sure she has a Visa, and to be ready at 10 am.

She calls me at work the next day mad that she didn't get any. I told her that it was listing it sold out by around 11 a.m., but try Viagogo or the public sale Saturday. She tells me she didn't try until 11............stupid Cowboy fan. (her hubby is a Browns fan, though)
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 12:23 PM
I don't know either. I just know pre-sale tickets go pretty fast. It isn't a process where anybody with a passcode is going to get a seat, and more seats become available when they finally go on sale a few days later, so they allocate them in some way.

I am not scolding you here, but you really shouldn't give out the passcode. As a season ticket holder you should expect a little more consideration in being able to buy a ticket or two, and even if you don't want any extras, there are some who do. Giving out the code just takes away that benefit from the other season ticket holders.

Again, I am not ripping you as I know many do give out the code.

I think I am going to suggest to the Browns the pre-sale be conducted through the lockerroom as it is done with club seat holders. Not as many are going to allow their locker code be made public.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 02:12 PM
Dangit.. Mental note to self (self is a doofus).. Nashville is in Central Time Zone, tickets are on sale 10 am Central Time NOT Eastern..

Another 45 mins of waiting.. the Titans web site shows only 2,500 tickets available to the public sale this am and they have people camping out at the stadium.. ackkkk..
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: damn you public sale - 07/12/08 02:14 PM
Well, now I'm a little irritated. I didn't get the Pittburgh game. That's ok, I'll settle for Baltimore.

I find Baltimore tix, first try. I fill out the info, pick the shipping, and hit submit............. I get an error message and nothing goes through.

Then I get shut out. No tickets.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 02:31 PM
Quote:

Dangit.. Mental note to self (self is a doofus).. Nashville is in Central Time Zone, tickets are on sale 10 am Central Time NOT Eastern..

Another 45 mins of waiting.. the Titans web site shows only 2,500 tickets available to the public sale this am and they have people camping out at the stadium.. ackkkk..

If you are ordering 1, you shouldn't have a problem....3 usually works too...the computer usually holds 3's and 1's at the end of a row a little longer waiting for someone to punch in a odd number.

I had no problem picking up 1 seat for the Dallas game....end of the aisle seat. My son may attend with me and I have sold off one of my seats to a friend, so I figured I would pick up 1 seat for him or to just sell to someone on the street needing 1.

17.....try punching in a odd lot for Pittsburgh.
Posted By: GTOdawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 02:39 PM
Since there is only 3 of us going (my bro and I are taking our dad) I tried 3 tickets right off the bat at 10:00 for Pittsbugh and it was a no go. Ended up with 3 for Baltimore instead.
Posted By: cle23 Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 02:45 PM
Quote:

Since there is only 3 of us going (my bro and I are taking our dad) I tried 3 tickets right off the bat at 10:00 for Pittsburgh and it was a no go. Ended up with 3 for Baltimore instead.

Yeah, I tried that as well. I am pretty sure that they sold all of the tickets for Pittsburgh at the presale, even though they aren't suppose to. My brother and I both tried at 10am to get 1 ticket at any price just to see if it would go through and it said it was sold out. Same thing happened last year. Now you go to Stubhub and such and are looking at paying around $100 a ticket for Family Zone tickets, and that's the cheapest.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 02:48 PM
Peen.. I've got the Titans ticket page open, CapitalGG is at his place and we are on speaker phone coordinating our efforts.. I've got the US Naval atomic clock on a web page, he's going for 4 tickets and I'm going for 4.. we wanna get 8 LOL.. wish us luck, if we get em.. we gonna be doing some honky tonks in Nash town with ya.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 03:10 PM
Wahooooooooo.. Capital got 4, I got 4.. Nashville here come the Dawgs!
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 03:21 PM
Out of curiosity, did you find them near each other?
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 03:25 PM
ROFL.. No.. Mine are sec 321 in the corner (the cheap seats) and his are sec 332 on the 10 and more expensive LOL..

It's all cool.. we have at least 8 guys going for that road trip.. SackDawg is totally excited..

Seating chart

It was all just a spin of the roulette wheel.
Posted By: WinslowBodden Re: Presale - 07/12/08 03:46 PM
If anyone has any extra Browns Cowboys tickets please send me a message

Me and my dad got up early and went to Giant Eagle ticketmaster, were second in line and some guy gets 4 tickets for the Cowboys game, and we couldn't even get two right after that sale

If anyone has extras it would be more than greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: Presale - 07/12/08 03:59 PM
You're best bet is to go to Viagogo on clevelandbrowns.com ASAP. I saw some pretty good deals just prior to the sale. I'm sure they'll start going fast, and the prices will go up.

The deals on there seem slightly better than say E-Bay or Stubhub.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 04:14 PM
Quote:

Wahooooooooo.. Capital got 4, I got 4.. Nashville here come the Dawgs!

Great news!!

You two will never be the same.

Don't worry, you don't need anything special to wear. We all wear shoes and you don't see many coonskin caps.

If you need some tips on where to stay and such, let me know.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 04:27 PM
Quote:

ROFL.. No.. Mine are sec 321 in the corner (the cheap seats) and his are sec 332 on the 10 and more expensive LOL..

I am in sect 330...row A, so I am on CC's side, you are on the other side of the stadium.

Should be a hoot.

The big downside to Nashville is it makes me stay up late and drink lot's of beer. Must be the country music and thousands of girls wearing tight fittin jeans.

I will check the Preds schedule, if they are in town I will catch a game while I am up..the Honky Tonks are just starting to fire up around 10PM and go strong another 4 hours..
Posted By: BpG Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 04:31 PM
The guy recieved my check and he said he will be sending them out this weekend!

Wohoo!
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 04:38 PM
Good deal.

There are only two things I would rather fondle then my Browns tickets.
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 04:53 PM
Holy CRAP! I was just looking at Viagogo...tickets in my section are $225 EACH for the Steelers game? I could see that price for both tickets, but EACH?

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 05:05 PM
Quote:

Holy CRAP! I was just looking at Viagogo...tickets in my section are $225 EACH for the Steelers game? I could see that price for both tickets, but EACH?

I have been checking that. I have been holding to selling to fans without a mark-up...but if that is what I can get, I might start going there.

The only problem is I am not sure if you can pull them off of there once you list them...at least up until a few day before the game...i wouldn't be selling them if I was going, and being a out of towner, it might make it hard to unload them if viagogo didn't pan out.

And I do prefer to have a Browns fan sitting in my seat....I feel like some bad mojo could linger if another teams fan sat in my seats.
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 05:07 PM
Yeah, it's hard to know who you're selling to, especially the Steeler games. If I had control over it, I wouldn't sell to Steeler fans. That Christmas Eve game a few years back was disgusting.
Posted By: DawgMichelle Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 05:13 PM
I wouldn't sell there for that reason -- opposing fans in my seats. I still have some games available, and I'm asking a bit over face, but not near what folks on viagogo are wanting. Sheesh.

I don't see why you couldn't pull your tickets off of there when you want...it's your listing. Or, maybe you set the number of days of your sale and have to stick by it. I haven't looked in to it.
Posted By: BrownsBabe Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 05:39 PM
I sold through Viagogo last year. It works a bit like ebay. You pick the number of days to run etc. And I don't believe (but I could be wrong) that you can pull the sale if someone's bid on your seats. Viagogo handles the whole thing. Emails the tickets to the auction winner, and also gets the payment from them for you, before passing the payment (minus fees) on to you. It was pretty nice.
Posted By: Molly Hatchet Dawg Re: damn you Presale - 07/12/08 05:47 PM
Quote:

Since there is only 3 of us going (my bro and I are taking our dad) I tried 3 tickets right off the bat at 10:00 for Pittsbugh and it was a no go. Ended up with 3 for Baltimore instead.

I ended up with 4 tickets for the Baltimore game...got online right at 10AM and pretty much took what they had available, section 536, which is pretty good. I went back an hour later to see if anything was left for that game and alas, nothing. There's a lot to be said about timing, I guess. As far as I know, there are still tickets left for the Houston, Denver, and the Cons,ehhh,Bungles.I'm sure that won't be for long.
Posted By: Raleigh NC Fan Re: damn you Presale - 07/13/08 03:50 PM
J/C

If anyone has 3 tix to the Steelers on 9/14, PM me. I need 3, thanks.

Raleigh
Posted By: Raleigh NC Fan Re: damn you Presale - 07/14/08 12:46 PM
Scratch that, I just scored 3 tickets off of Ebay in section 115 for the Browns/Steelers game!!!

The next 8 weeks are going to drag by!
© DawgTalkers.net