DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: GratefulDawg New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/26/19 11:17 PM
Haslams say Browns will wear new uniforms in 2020 and they’ll keep the stadium where it’s at: quick hits

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/03...quick-hits.html

PHOENIX— Browns owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam said Tuesday the team will wear new uniforms in 2020, and that they’re planning keep FirstEnergy Stadium at its current location for the long haul.

Here are some quick hits from the interview:

* The Browns will wear new uniforms in 2020, Dee Haslam said

“I think we got it right this time,’’ she said.

Asked for sneak preview, she said, “I think you need to be surprised.’’

She said she’s seen drawings but not a prototype yet. They’ll be seen for the first time next spring.

* The Haslams said after much discussion with the city of Cleveland and other officials, they’ve determined they’ll keep FirstEnergy Stadium at its current lakefront location.

“We think the best thing for Cleveland is to stay where we are,’’ said Dee. “We feel like this is the best place for us.’’

She said the important thing is to make the stadium more pedestrian-friendly with a walkway. The Browns are also committed to making the Stadium “the best it can possibly be for fans.’’

* The Haslams didn’t sound like they’ll put a dome on the Stadium.

“That would be a good question,’’ Dee said. “Would our fans really want that?’’

* Dee Haslam said she never said that if they had known how hard this would be, they never would have purchased the Browns.

An ESPN article by Seth Wickersham quotes an anonymous source saying she said that.

“I may have said this is extremely hard,’’ she said, adding that she never said the latter part.

Jimmy chimed in: “We’ve never said that.’’

* The Haslams didn’t want to comment on the article other than that.

* They said they can be very helpful in the revitalization of the lakefront area and are obviously very invested in it.

* They said they’ll keep training camp in Berea, and not move it to Columbus. They said that’s most convenient for their fans and the team.

* They acknowledged that they want running back Kareem Hunt with the team during his suspension, "but it’s complicated,'' Jimmy said
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/26/19 11:39 PM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/26/19 11:44 PM
I think it would be great if the Haslams stuck to things like uniforms, the stadium, real-estate development, marketing, PR, etc and allowed Dorsey to run the football part of the business. thumbsup
Posted By: lampdogg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 02:16 AM
I'm glad they're keeping the stadium where it is.

It would probably take a lot of helicopters to lift it and move it elsewhere.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 02:36 AM
Remember the last time we revealed new uniforms and had players like Brian Hartline, Dwayne Bowe, Barkevious Mingo, Donte Whitner, Armonty Bryant, and Karlos Dansby unveil them.

Something tells me the new roster will be a little more marketable.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 02:43 AM
I like our current jersies. Why do we have to change it every other year.

I get that they want more jersey sales....but, um, our new Avengers roster and giant bandwagon forming should accomplish that.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 02:47 AM
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Because you have terrible taste and our current uniforms are total garbage.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 02:52 AM
I am only ok with that comment if they go the throwback route to our 80's jersies.

I dont like the color rush other than for special occasions.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 02:55 AM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

They really are. Just go back to the 80s with our uniforms.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 02:56 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

They really are. Just go back to the 80s with our uniforms.

I have a feeling that the new uniforms will be some sort of throwback type of thing.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 03:06 AM
If they can read the fan base at all, they'll do that.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 03:15 AM
Remember the last time we revealed new uniforms and had players like Brian Hartline, Dwayne Bowe, Barkevious Mingo, Donte Whitner, Armonty Bryant, and Karlos Dansby unveil them.

Something tells me the new roster will be a little more marketable.

Oranger, orange. What a debacle. Cringeworthy. I hope they get it right this time...

Posted By: Clemdawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 05:22 AM
Oh, my.

I had purged that sight from my memory for years.
My cringes have cringes.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 10:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think it would be great if the Haslams stuck to things like uniforms, the stadium, real-estate development, marketing, PR, etc and allowed Dorsey to run the football part of the business. thumbsup

I agree. I also think they will to the largest degree. Trust has been formed.

For the first time since our return we seem to have a person who is good.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 11:53 AM
I am only ok with that comment if they go the throwback route to our 80's jersies.

Please bring back the 80's uni's!
Posted By: CalDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 01:05 PM
Quote:
The Browns are also committed to making the Stadium “the best it can possibly be for fans.’’

Making it possible to get from one end of the stadium to the other on the upper levels without having to go all the way down would be a start. Who the hell thought cutting access in half was a good idea?
Posted By: willitevachange Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 01:08 PM
J/C

I don't mind the color rush ones, but the normal jerseys are well....bad.

I am ok with a complete overhaul as long as the helmet stays the same (but I wouldn't be upset if they did).

This is a new team, a new roster, and a new beginning for our Browns. Its time we leave the past in the past. We are not known for the 80s, we are known for losing for 20 years. We are the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL.

Its time to change EVERYTHING!
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 01:24 PM
I'd be okay making the color rush jerseys as our standard, though, we've never seen a white version. I don't think that'll happen though. Just bring back the classic and we'll be fine.

I do think they'll try to put their own "twist" on the classic look, but to most untrained eyes, it won't jump out to anyone.
Posted By: BpG Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 01:34 PM
Just google "Browns concept helmet". It amazes me that a multi Billion dollar organization can't come up with what trolls on the internet can.

Look how awesome this is, even if just for color rush.

Posted By: willitevachange Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 01:44 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG
Just google "Browns concept helmet". It amazes me that a multi Billion dollar organization can't come up with what trolls on the internet can.

They can, but the problem is you have a 70 year old billionaire making the decision on the final product, not the trolls smile
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 01:58 PM
j/c:

I guess the conversation is going to center around the uniforms rather than the role the Haslam's. So, I will say that it's hard to make definitive statements like our current uniforms are garbage or bring back the old uniforms because aesthetics are very subjective.

For example, I think the old-style uniforms are hideous while others love them. I prefer the all white unis while others adore the all orange uniforms.

No one is right and no one is wrong. It's about personal taste. And personally, I think it is very hard to have a good look when your primary colors are brown and orange. Ewwwwww.........
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 02:05 PM
Just when it took me 5 years to like these jerseys??
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 02:35 PM

I don't think they can swap out the helmets throughout the year. Don't the players have to wear the same helmet every game for some safety reason?
Posted By: BpG Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 02:41 PM
I did not know that until I just looked it up, you are correct, they need to wear the same helmet all the time.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 02:55 PM

I'm not a fan of those. They looks like orange with mud sprayed on them.

I kjust hope that the team looks forward, and not backwards, with the uniforms. The 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's were fine decades, but they are history. They are never coming back, and the uniforms from those years ..... the most recent of which is almost 30 years past.... should never come back either.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 03:15 PM
I agree, i want no part of throw backs..hell compared to the rest of the nfl our current ones are still outdated. I think we can still be minimalist and still have something that looks current
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 04:14 PM
Well at least they let us know that if we buy a players jersey in 2019 it will already be outdated by 2020. Might as well wait until then, huh?

But we were told from the beginning, "It's a marketing world".
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 04:27 PM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Quote:
The Browns are also committed to making the Stadium “the best it can possibly be for fans.’’

Making it possible to get from one end of the stadium to the other on the upper levels without having to go all the way down would be a start. Who the hell thought cutting access in half was a good idea?

I don't understand why that is important.

As for the stadium, it said something about lack of community support for a dome. I'd like to see those numbers. Darn near everybody I talk to at games would be in favor of a dome.

As for uniforms, I like white on white, but it doesn't really matter. I don't give a darn what the uniforms look like, as long as they are white on white at home.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 04:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Quote:

I don't understand why that is important.

As for the stadium, it said something about lack of community support for a dome. I'd like to see those numbers. Darn near everybody I talk to at games would be in favor of a dome.

As for uniforms, I like white on white, but it doesn't really matter. I don't give a darn what the uniforms look like, as long as they wear brown jerseys and orange pants at home.

Fixed it for you.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 05:32 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I kjust hope that the team looks forward, and not backwards, with the uniforms. The 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's were fine decades, but they are history.

Agreed!
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 05:58 PM
I did not know that until I just looked it up, you are correct, they need to wear the same helmet all the time.

Did that just change? I remember the Steelers wearing yellow helmets at one point, and the Titans dressing in the old Oilers uniforms.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 06:02 PM
Orange and brown is gross. LOL

My wife and I bought a home in the mid-90s and it was an aesthetic disaster. It was built in 1976 and had the original decor. Orange countertops in the kitchen. Orange, yellow, and brown wallpaper. The kitchen cabinets were stained dark brown. Orange and brown linoleum on the kitchen floors. Orange and brown shag carpeting in the Great room. My God...the horror!

We changed everything. Put in wood floors everywhere but the kitchen--where we put in Italian tile. Installed natural cherry cabinets and put in neutral solid-piece countertops along w/neutral colored paints. The transformation went from hideous to classy.

The 70s are long gone. Hopefully, those butt-ugly uniforms from way back in the day are gone, too.

Here are a few images from the colors back in the day:

To all of that and old-school Brown's uniforms, I....

Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 06:20 PM
There’s a difference between living in the Brady Bunch house and our uniforms.
I happen to really like our colors. They’re the colors of fall. Football season. I love orange leaves on a brown tree. No one can tell me that’s ugly.

So it’s okay that you’re wrong.
laugh
Posted By: FATE Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 06:23 PM

We bought a house at auction with the dreaded Mint Green and Pink color combo... like, half the house.

Upstairs bathroom had a green wall-mounted toilet... $550 to replace that beast. Anything that wasn't green and pink was paneling. Not just any paneling, the classic high-class 1960's paneling lol. Below is the exact stuff that was in one of the bedrooms. Fun job.

Posted By: devicedawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 07:10 PM
Quote:

I don't mind the color rush ones, but the normal jerseys are well....bad.

The color rush jerseys are fantastic. The regular uniform is just ok. I don't like that it says Cleveland on the front or Browns on the pants.

If it were up to me, I'd make the color rush the regular uniform with variations for the white, etc. I also don't understand why we don't wear orange pants with the brown jersey more... silliness.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 08:46 PM
When I bought my house, it was painted pink, baby blue, and the living room was mint green ..... and it had lavender drapes in the living and dining rooms ..... and yellowish/orangish carpetting. crazy 1st thing I did was paint, and get rid of the carpet and drapes. That was my 1st trash pile.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 08:47 PM
Posted By: Jester Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 10:13 PM
If I was owner of the Browns, I would hold a contest. Fans can submit their mock ups for new uniforms. I would pick my top 3-5 then have a fan vote. The fan who designed the winner would watch all the home games from my owners box and he can bring 3 frinds with him to each game.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 10:19 PM
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

Did that just change? I remember the Steelers wearing yellow helmets at one point, and the Titans dressing in the old Oilers uniforms.

Those were throwback uni's. You can do that then. You can't have for instance a home helmet and a away helmet. Been that way for maybe forever.
Posted By: Jester Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 10:20 PM
Personally, I don't like our current uniforms at all. I think I would favor going with more of a futuristic look. I like those helmets above with a full orange metallic look (eliminating that brown spray along the back).

I also wouldn't mind adding a third color. A tan or gray as an accessory color mixed in with the orange and brown remaining the main colors. Speaking of colors, we need a better orange.
Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 10:32 PM
Change the colors. Orange and Brown suck. Change the name from Browns to Bulldags
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 10:34 PM
Yikes.

We’re the Browns. Our colors are orange and brown. Cope.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 10:35 PM
I really like the color rush unis they introduced last year, in part because they wore them for the first time in the Jets game...Mayfield's first game and the game that broke the losing streak. Aside from looking good, the symbolism of that game is embedded in them.

I like the brown shirt orange pants look too, unique to the Browns.

As for the rest, it really doesn't matter that much to me.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 11:25 PM
I've never seen a tree that had colors that resembled the puke orange and brown of our old uniforms.

Artistic taste is something that some have and some don't. naughtydevil
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/27/19 11:27 PM
Man, I remember that pink and green combo. <<shudder>>

I wonder if the people who came up the green/pink and brown/orange combos were coming off of a bad acid trip?
Posted By: lampdogg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/28/19 12:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
I kjust hope that the team looks forward, and not backwards, with the uniforms. The 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's were fine decades, but they are history.

Agreed!

Yankees, Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, are just a few sports franchises that haven't changed their uniforms much in oh, more than a century. They'd burn down the Bronx if the Yankees started screwing with the pinstripes.

Like I said, revert to our 80s look, or even the 2000s or 1960s.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/28/19 12:30 AM
Bro, all of those teams have nice uniforms. The old Brown's uniforms suck.

LOL...........in case you and Portland haven't caught on........I'm just playing.

It's all a matter of taste. I really do not like our color scheme and hate our old unis and helmets, but it's irrelevant. I root for the team. Not the uniform.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/28/19 12:32 AM
The best Browns uniforms I have ever seen...
...are the ones that crossed the goal line.
Posted By: jaybird Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/28/19 01:31 AM
I don't care what's the uniforms looks like..... just win.... keep the colors and no logo... and wn...
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/28/19 02:05 AM
I don’t have an issue with updated versions within our color scheme. I’d be fine if the orange was a more earthy, burnt orange. The brown being altered to be darker or whatnot. I just like the orange pants and brown jersey look. It’s the team I grew up with and fell in love with.
White on white is likely the same for you old old...old....old guys, like you Vers. laugh I find it incredibly boring and uninspiring.

Ultimately none of us have a say.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/28/19 02:13 AM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Ultimately none of us have a say.

I think we do, or at least did. We complained, we didn't run to the stores to buy up the new versions and the network said the colors didn't look right on TV. "We" forced them to change it. I think that will make them pick something a little more fan/TV friendly.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/28/19 02:18 AM
I really love the orange jersey, but it's hard to match it with the pants.

I hope we make our color rush from this past season our default with orange pants.

--------------------

And hey, I doubt the new ones will be anywhere near this awful travesty that almost saw the ice in the NHL.

Posted By: devicedawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/28/19 02:55 PM

j/c

I don't think we're going to see any radical changes to the uniform, relatively speaking. I would imagine something similar to the color rush or something from an earlier time brought back.

I HATED the solid Brown pants. Nothing was more awful that that.

If we're going to be different, I like the orange center stripe on the pants over the brown center stripe... It has a bolder look. But I think that could be the extent of going "crazy."

I also love orange jerseys and we should wear them more. I would love orange to be incorporated more.

My vote is color rush. I don't know that there's something better you can do than that.
Posted By: bonefish Uniforms - 03/28/19 04:09 PM

On the uniform topic.

My only request is remove the the half horizontal stripe at the shoulder pad.

It just looks dumb.

The combos don't matter to much as long as they are Brown, Orange, and White.

I want the stripes to go back around the biceps and down the pant legs.

Take the name off the sides of the pants.

Make the colors vibrant and the numbers clean and 3d.

Mix old school for tradition and a little new school.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/28/19 04:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack
I think we do, or at least did. We complained, we didn't run to the stores to buy up the new versions and the network said the colors didn't look right on TV. "We" forced them to change it. I think that will make them pick something a little more fan/TV friendly.

I don't believe for a single second that the fan base "forced" anything.

People seem to forget just how much Haslam spoke about marketing during his initial press conference. NFL rules plainly state that once a team changes uniforms, those uniforms must stay in place for a minimum of five years.

So five years is as soon as a team is allowed to change those uniforms. Guess what? It's been five years. So at the very first opportunity to change them, Haslam is.

That's marketing. That's to get your fans to buy the newest uniform colors and designs. Let's face it, as soon as the new I-phone comes out people have to rush to buy the latest and greatest thing. And guess what, in 2025 they'll change them again.

My advice would be wait until next year to buy your Browns jerseys. At least they'll stay in style for five years.

For anyone thinking that I blame Haslam for this or hold it against him, I don't. It's good business and a smart move. With the Browns getting better and with us coming into our own, fans are going to want to support the team and have the latest gear. The NFL isn't a charity, it's a business. So such moves are the best he could make.

But let's see it for what it is.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Uniforms - 03/28/19 05:45 PM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

On the uniform topic.

Hell, that's my favorite part... notallthere
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Uniforms - 03/28/19 06:25 PM
I really hope we keep that brown uniform and Orange lettering. I personally loved. them. I just wanted to see orange pants. I'm intrigued by what we will do. It's not like they can do a lot.

They can do very little with the helmet per the contract they signed when they purchased the team.

The helmet can only be plain like the way it is with striping and that's pretty much it.

From what I heard, if they ever mess with the helmet, they basically forfeit ownership of the team right back to the Learner family for $1.00.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Uniforms - 03/28/19 06:29 PM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

From what I heard, if they ever mess with the helmet, they basically forfeit ownership of the team right back to the Learner family for $1.00.

Posted By: bonefish Re: Uniforms - 03/28/19 06:56 PM

My favorite color combo by far is the sealskin brown top with white pants, stripe down the pant legs, bicep rings.

I do like the matte finish on the helmet.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/28/19 09:27 PM

Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/28/19 09:33 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

White pants with the brown tops.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/28/19 09:36 PM
I'm fine with white on white and then brown on brown. I don't need to see orange anywhere but the helmets, socks, shoes and lettering.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/28/19 09:36 PM
What about those uniforms says "dangerous"?

Boring, perhaps .... but dangerous .... that's laughable.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/28/19 10:39 PM
I like all whites, white on orange and brown on white or orange. I do like those simplistic designs.

Edit: I was referring to the photos mutt posted.
Posted By: Jester Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/29/19 12:33 AM
Just posted the link because I didn't think the photos would copy and past right, and the pics are the most important part. Nothing new here. These are recycled mock ups from the last uniform change.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/...some-ideas.html
Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/29/19 01:57 AM
Everything looks the same. How about Black and yellow? Something wild. I'm sick of candy corn.
Posted By: myka Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/29/19 04:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
Everything looks the same. How about Black and yellow? Something wild. I'm sick of candy corn.

What?
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/29/19 06:04 AM
What about those uniforms says "dangerous"?

Boring, perhaps .... but dangerous .... that's laughable.
We don't need the uniforms to be dangerous, it's what's inside the uniforms that will be dangerous.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/29/19 11:02 AM
It's the stripes on the sleeves I like the least. I'd like to see them gone completely.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/29/19 11:33 AM
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
White pants with the brown tops.

I am good w that.

I hate the orange numbers. Use white on the brown jersey and brown on the white jersey.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/29/19 04:03 PM
I like all the stripes! Heck, stripe those sock old school and wear high tops...black.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/29/19 09:22 PM
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Uniforms - 03/30/19 03:45 AM
Quote:

It just looks dumb.

I agree.
Replace it with something else that looks less 'weenie'... I'll try it out.

I don't know what that might be, but.... I know these little 'shoulder caps' look like they were designed for some tweener girls mock jerseys to be purchased at The Gap.

I hate them.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Uniforms - 03/30/19 04:02 AM
I don't like the current jersies at all.

The brown tops with icky orange letters need to go.

But I will wear it. Because, as far as I know, it's not possible to get a Baker Mayfield throwback jersey.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/30/19 12:52 PM
I agree. We are going to get back to winning traditions of my youth, and we want bad choices marketing can rationalize. I like the older schemes. This endless coy unveiling crap bugs me, and have your uni opinion, but football doesn't award style points for scoring. The color rush stuff is appalling. It might be best to do this to a low-key reaction. Last one stunk and I stopped buying merchandise for awhile.

Play ball.
Posted By: Hammer Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/30/19 02:37 PM
If you look good, you play good...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/30/19 03:06 PM
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 03/31/19 09:15 PM
I don't mind the new jerseys.. don't mind the old ones.. I'll probably like the new ones too...

but OMG.. can we PLEASE get something where I don't have to see white on white every week. We are the BROWNS. Lets see some color.

Also, I hope our new jerseys fall in suite with our color rush jerseys. I love those things.

And I hope we consider doing something with the helmet. No major changes, just Like a chrome/metallic orange, or something matte.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/01/19 12:56 AM
I dislike white on white also.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/01/19 01:01 AM
The white on white and the color rush unis are the only ones I like.

It's subjective.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/01/19 01:07 AM
j/c

I don't care for the new uniforms. I liked the old ones much better. Perhaps that's cause it's what I grew up with.

Regardless, the new ones, the old ones, OR whatever the new new ones will be, they are worn by the team I love. So be it.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/01/19 08:21 PM
White on white always looked best when the numbers were brown.

The color rush jerseys are horrid. Giant electric orange turds.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/01/19 08:28 PM
The white on white and the color rush unis are the only ones I like.

It's subjective.

I would agree with this... the white on white are one of my favorites. Such a great classic look.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/01/19 08:39 PM

Ok. Someone sent me a picture. Claims it came from a nike exec under a tab listing browns uniforms for 2020. I'm trying to find it on the internet to post here and can't find it. I'm sure he found it somewhere on the net. I'll see if I can upload to a hosting site and post here...

The uniform is orange, has like 6 thin vertical brown stripes down the front with a solid white numeral with thin brown trim. The word Cleveland in brown, much smaller than the current jersey, above the numeral. The collar and sleeves are solid brown with a white nike swoosh.

It's actually kinda cool looking, but I'm not sure how I'd like it with the white or brown variant. It almost looks like you're wearing a brown shirt with an orange construction vest. However, it seems tastefully done... plus I'm not a fan of the vertical stripes.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/01/19 08:51 PM
It really won't make much difference. They'll just change it again in five years.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/01/19 09:45 PM
dont tease us like this
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/01/19 09:49 PM

I heard something about the theme for the new uniforms being "keep it simple" or something like that.. I'm hoping they look a lot like the old uniforms too.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/01/19 10:00 PM
j/c...

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/01/19 10:05 PM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 12:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
White on white always looked best when the numbers were brown.

The color rush jerseys are horrid. Giant electric orange turds.

I meant the brown color rush unis.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 12:00 PM
j/c...

He didn't look all that thrilled.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 12:35 PM

I still can't find the uniform he showed me on the internet anywhere... if anyone wants to see, PM me your email.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 01:04 PM
j/c...

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 01:08 PM
Posted By: Damanshot Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 01:13 PM
Sounds like Baker likes them
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 01:51 PM
I've seen so many mock-ups online that I've begun to not really care ... but I do want simplicity and professionalism
Posted By: Tulsa Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 02:25 PM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

I still can't find the uniform he showed me on the internet anywhere... if anyone wants to see, PM me your email.

Here is the image devicedawg is referring to.

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 02:37 PM
I doubt that's a uniform, but I'd be OK with it as the basis for one.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 02:56 PM
That's a Polo jersey. wink
Posted By: Tulsa Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 02:58 PM
Get rid of the numbers and I'd play golf in it.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 03:49 PM

I don't know if it is or isn't...

All that came with it was that it was on a Nike's exec computer under the Browns 2020. Couldn't even tell you if that's true... I'm just relaying what I've been told... It also must be somewhat secret, because I can't find that imagine anywhere on the internet.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 04:14 PM

Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 04:46 PM

When did we join the Premier League? willynilly
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 05:21 PM
Is that a bowling shirt?
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 06:19 PM
Looks like something Charlie Harper would wear.
Posted By: FATE Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 07:04 PM

Looks to me like six guitar strings... in case there are humans that still don't know (but actually care) that we have the Rock Hall. I would wear it... bowling.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 07:08 PM
As a bowling shirt, I'm glad we're not the jets.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 07:14 PM
I'm not a fan of the vertical stripes, but the basic colors are a good look.
Posted By: Chilly Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 07:18 PM
I might be in the minority but I would like to see the old school numbers on the side of the helmet.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 08:02 PM
Is that a bowling shirt?

Lol! I needed a laugh! Thanks!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/02/19 09:52 PM
I would never ever buy that jersey. That's an abysmal look.
Posted By: chet the jet Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/03/19 06:29 AM
The Only thing good about it is the number is white.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/03/19 12:37 PM
j/c...

You can see a mannequin in the back with the "new" jerseys.

I bet my paycheck the home jersey will be the color rush - tweaked a little

the away will be white top, brown pants, brown lettering/numbers

The alternate jerseys will be Orange top, orange bottom, brown lettering.

Mark it down.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/03/19 02:51 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/03/19 02:53 PM
Those look like uniforms a fake football team in a movie would have.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/03/19 05:06 PM
I actually kinda like that they'd be going back to that other Jets helmet look.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/05/19 01:21 AM
The Jets helmet looks okay, but those jerseys are hideous. They look just as good as our new ones. And the all black is laughable. Cfrs15, yeah, you nailed it. They look like the New Jersey Cyclones from a movie. Funny.

I bought my mom her first Browns jersey for her 73rd birthday about two months ago (thankfully before the OBJ trade because Browns merch has been moving like crazy since then). I had a #73 Joe Thomas new style jersey in the cart, but then I saw the classic jersey was available for the same price, I flipped it quickly. Not only the number fits her age but my dad and I share the name Thomas (one first, one middle name).

I couldn't buy that new style jersey. I just don't like the stripes location. However, as I said before, the Color Rush jerseys are more basic, two colors and the stripes are in their original location. Plus, I've been the board's Brown-on-Brown combination fan for a long time.
Posted By: Riddler Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/05/19 08:49 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I would never ever buy that jersey. That's an abysmal look.

What is with the stripes? Like you fell asleep in the road and got run over by a moped. Barf......
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/05/19 03:04 PM
I might like that, if they removed the stripes.

It looks more like a t-shirt than anything, though.
Posted By: willitevachange Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/05/19 03:52 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
I like the helmet, not a huge fan of the green or white, the black is ok.

overall - eh, but they are still better than what we are trotting out in.
Posted By: bonefish Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/05/19 04:17 PM

For me I love the old school look.

Seal skin brown top with horizontal orange stripes on the bicep, white pants with stripe down the pant leg sides, dark sox with horizontal stripes in orange. Numbers in 3d white.

That to me is the Cleveland Browns.
Posted By: BpG Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/05/19 07:09 PM
The Jets new unis are HOT HOT, baking in the sun all day, HOT, stinking piles of garbage.
Posted By: bonefish Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/05/19 08:19 PM

Honestly I don't get the arena league uniforms.

Just not my thing.

The two uniforms I have always liked are the Browns and Packers. Smells like football to me.

No cheerleaders, no bs logo. Good football colors.

I'm old so I remember well watching Jim Brown and Bobby Mitchell. I loved seeing them with the brown tops, white pants, orange helmets.

I was in awe of them.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New Uniforms in 2020 - 04/05/19 11:51 PM
I'm really hoping we just go simple, solid brown/orange and with the striped socks/shoulders in a subtle way
© DawgTalkers.net