DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Cavaliers - 04/27/21 07:05 PM
Yeah, new thread, because the old one wasn't within 15 or so spots, so I gave up. rofl

Anyway, this is a real problem.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/04/k...erry-pluto.html

Kevin Love embarrasses himself, his team and Cavaliers should take action – Terry Pluto

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Most Cavaliers fans know that Kevin Love pouted at the end of the third quarter in his team’s 112-96 to Toronto.

With 33 seconds left, Love was positioned under the basket – awaiting to receive the ball from the official for an in-bounds pass.

Love was angry and frustrated.

He had been shoved down from behind a few minutes earlier in the quarter. He banged his knee on the court. No call. He also suffered a floor burn on his knee and limped a bit.

A few seconds later, Love again was shoved from behind – no call.

He was whining to the officials, as he often does.

Finally, there was the big play that led to the theme of Love giving up on his team.

The official threw the ball to Love, who simply swatted it – the ball went in-bounds. It was recovered by Toronto and turned into a 3-point field goal for the Raptors.

The Cavs were down by four points when Love gave the ball to Toronto. By the end of the quarter, they were behind by 11.

Near the end the quarter, Love did make some type of effort to run back on defense.

Too little. Too late. Too much of 32-year-old Love falling short once again in terms of leadership.

He sat out the fourth quarter and the coaches were fuming about him.

At the very least, Love should be fined and benched for a few games.

If Love were in the final year of his contract, I’d send him home.

Instead, he has two more seasons and $60 million left until he’s a free agent in the summer of 2023.

THE CONTRACT EXTENSION

In the summer of 2018, LeBron James led the Cavs to their fourth consecutive NBA Finals appearance. After being swept by the Warriors, James left via free agency for the Lakers.

Following that announcement, one of the first calls made by GM Koby Altman was to Kevin Love.

At the time, Love had a year left on his contract. Altman wanted to know if Love also wanted out. Instead, Love said he wanted to stay.

Altman talked about how Love could help lead the rebuild after James. But it would be hard. It would be frustrating. It would mean dealing with young, immature players.

It would mean losing.

But it also would mean a chance to take a step in his career, grow as a person and a player.

Love was anxious to climb a new mountain in his career out of the shadow of James and Kyrie Irving.

The the Cavs signed him to a 4-year, $120 million extension through 2022-23.

THREE YEARS LATER...

It’s turned out to be a major mistake.

Since signing that massive extension, Love has been haunted by injuries.

He missed 60-of-82 games in 2018-19.

He missed missed 9-of-65 games in 2019-20.

He’s missed 43-of-61 games this season.

Add it all up: He’s played 96 games and missed 112.

But even more troublesome has been his various temper outbursts.

He was upset with John Beilein last season and did nothing to help the rookie head coach. In fact, he was one of the veterans leading the griping about Beilein.

Granted, some of the complaints were correct. Beilein was miscast. But Love did him no favors. More was expected of the veteran when he signed that big contract. The Cavs said it was critical for Love to help Beilein, not the opposite.

He has clashed a few times with Altman and others in the organization.

LACK OF MATURITY

Love is well-known and deservedly praised for his work in the mental health field.

He has been upfront about his own panic attacks.

It’s hard to know how much of his own emotional history plays into what we occasionally see right now.

The Cavs sent Andre Drummond home as they hoped to trade him because he seemed disengaged with the team a few months ago.

They eventually reached an agreement to buy out Drummond, who then signed with the Lakers. The Drummond situation was easier for the Cavs because the center is in the final year of his contract. The trade deadline has passed, so Love is not going to another team soon.

To underline the big point, Love has two more seasons and $60 million left on his contract. Business plays into the Cavs trying to find a way to make something work with Love. But he’s done nothing but trash his own trade value.

This is a young team with some talent. The growth of Darius Garland has been astounding. Collin Sexton is a legitimate big-time scorer. Jarrett Allen is a superb rebounder. Isaac Okoro has promise.

Their ages are between 19-23, and they have been playing hard all season. Not always smart, but hard.

Love has embarrassed himself and the Cavs by allowing his emotions and selfishness to take over. It’s a lousy example for the young players.

That’s why the Cavs can’t let this go with a fine and an apology from Love. He needs to sit some games. They also have to figure what to do about Love when it comes to next season. He hasn’t been much help to the Cavs since James left three years ago.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 04/28/21 01:01 PM
Love is trash, has been since 2017. Worst contract the cavs have ever given out.. When LBJ left, the very next move should have been to sell high on Love. He's just doesn't deserve to be anything other than a role guy. He's got skills, but he's been out of basketball full time for so long I'm not sure he'll ever be back to what he was. Then add in that egregious tantrum, he should be gone asap. But this team has alot more wrong with it. THe more games I watch, I believe 3 things, 1. Bickerstaff ain't the guy, 2. Altman not the guy, 3. Sexton and garland can't co-exist. Good thing the browns are good, cavs are years away
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Cavaliers - 04/30/21 04:26 PM
I like the Cavaliers and all teams CleveLand. But they are painful to watch, and throwing up lousy threes and no-pass hero ball is painful to watch. Not close. Love is a paperweight and runs like a sled. Sell him. Garland has impressed me.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Cavaliers - 04/30/21 06:35 PM
Love needs to go for sure. Sexton and Garland are worth building around ... and Osman has had a decent year
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 05/01/21 12:12 AM
Cavaliers are bringing back Anderson Varejao ..... and I have no idea why. crazy
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 05/04/21 02:13 PM
just so he can retire as a cav, and he cant be worse than some of the stuff they've trotted out there this year
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 05/06/21 01:38 AM

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Cavaliers - 05/06/21 12:25 PM
Gosh last night’s game was horrendous
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 05/06/21 01:25 PM
The Cavs are a complete embarrassment from the top down. The way they're run is very Browns-esque pre Berry and Co.

Kevin Love's contract needs bought out to just get rid of him. Garland and Sexton cannot co-exist. Keep Garland as a building block.

This Verajao novelty act is lame.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Cavaliers - 05/07/21 09:04 AM
Did you see that Kevin Love was -45 the other night ... -45!!!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Cavaliers - 05/08/21 12:35 PM
No love left for Love. We need his cap. This team is a horror show to watch. Like Sexton. Many of the others aren't just bad, they are dumb bad as to game flow. I like Junior, but he needs to figure out how to contribute motor impact. Move Love before he makes it any worse. Plays lazy IMO. willynilly
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Cavaliers - 05/08/21 09:52 PM
There were rumors of Portland wanting Love ... that would be a miracle after that game
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 05/08/21 10:00 PM
I wish he'd agree to a reasonable buy-out.

Man, he signed his contract knowing that the team would have to all buy start over. He's been injured a ton, which hasn't helped the team at all. His attitude has been miserable at times this year. We're probably stuck with him for 2 more years.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Cavaliers - 05/09/21 03:27 AM
Yeah, Kevin is clearly miserable and would rather be anywhere else, but that guaranteed money is too much to give up I guess. I think most anyone else would take a 50% buyout to move on to help another team.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Cavaliers - 05/09/21 10:20 AM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I wish he'd agree to a reasonable buy-out.

Man, he signed his contract knowing that the team would have to all buy start over. He's been injured a ton, which hasn't helped the team at all. His attitude has been miserable at times this year. We're probably stuck with him for 2 more years.
no doubt. He’s really been an anchor since Lebron left, which is why I was so against re-signing him when we did
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Cavaliers - 05/09/21 12:04 PM
Kevin Love is just part of a long list of things that are drowning this franchise in
Embarrassments.
Its the least desirable team for any free agent
To sign with. The head coach is soft.
The GM lacked the resume that reflected building
And sustaining a winning culture.
It has no superstar players on this roster
To market.

No.NBA team is going to take on the
Remaining years of Loves contract.
You never know which of his 23 personalities
Will show up not to mention his game
Has gone south since getting paid.

Its needs a new owner that has true love
For hoops.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Cavaliers - 05/11/21 04:05 PM
I don't understand anything this organization is trying to do. Love should have been dealt for picks or younger players 2 years ago.

Sexton and Garland are both talented guys, but is that backcourt going to be able to defend these other really good backcourts in the nba? Can you win a championship with those guys?

Anderson Varejao, really? Why?

Who would have thought the Indians and Cavs are hopeless, yet the Browns are banging on the door to greatness. Lmao
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 05/14/21 02:49 AM
Cavs dont know how to tank beating the Celtics last night. Was hoping for better odds for the draft! What do you want for the Cavs? I want the best PF in this draft! Sign Allen to a decent deal, cut Love, dont care what it cost, Gilbert’s got billions
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 05/14/21 10:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
Cavs dont know how to tank beating the Celtics last night. Was hoping for better odds for the draft! What do you want for the Cavs? I want the best PF in this draft! Sign Allen to a decent deal, cut Love, dont care what it cost, Gilbert’s got billions

Easy to spend other peoples money.

The reality is the Cavs are a business and have budget parameters.

I agree, we need to do something with Love. I am not so sure that cutting him is the best option, or even realistic.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Cavaliers - 05/14/21 12:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Frenchy

Easy to spend other peoples money.

The reality is the Cavs are a business and have budget parameters.

I agree, we need to do something with Love. I am not so sure that cutting him is the best option, or even realistic.
unfortunately the best option is trade him, but I really cant see a team doing that at this point. Such an anchor signing
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 05/28/21 05:24 PM
j/c...

Eye roll emoji....

Throwing J.B. Bickerstaff under the bus:

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 05/28/21 09:20 PM
I think we have talent as well. We just have to figure out how to mix it together.

I do think injury hurt Love, but he is injured a lot. The big question is he at the point where that will continue or has this just been a run of bad luck?

The lotto comes up in late June. My hope is we can land around #5 and don't get thrown down in the order like last year.
Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife Re: Cavaliers - 06/03/21 10:50 PM
I agree that our team has talent but we have a poor team composition.

We have two point guards Sexton and Garland who are undersized and aren't pure shooters.

Allen is solid but really is weak on D.

Kevin Love is WASHED.

Cedi Osman is a complete waste of space. Not an NBA player.

All the other guys are fringe NBA talent.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Cavaliers - 06/10/21 10:05 PM
It starts at the top.
Dan Gilbert has won.his title as a owner.
He is in elite company. Very few owners have won
NBA titles.
Gilbert has no hunger or desire to win.
He has done something that the Hawks,Kings, Pacers ownerships hasnt.
His desire isnt there.
Altman.is a horrible GM. He is almost as bad as Jim Paxson bad. Bickerstaff is a meh coach.
Says all.the right things to the press
But he has the teeth of a panda bear.
He is not a disciplinarian.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 06/22/21 03:23 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 06/23/21 11:43 AM
NBA DRAFT LOTTERY

1. Pistons
2. Rockets
3. Cavs
4. Raptors
5. Magic
6. Thunder
7. Warriors
8. Magic
9. Kings
10. Pelicans
11. Hornets
12. Spurs
13. Pacers
14. Warriors
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 06/23/21 03:26 PM
Maybe we will take another undersized PG..lol, Altman must have pictures. I thought for sure he would be gone.. I don't want this guy anywhere near the draft.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 06/23/21 04:33 PM
We probably go Mobley C, or Kuminga SF. Assuming Cunningham goes #1 and at least one of the two is there.

I hope Mobley is there. Between him and Allen we should have a pretty strong front court.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 07/29/21 07:10 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 07/29/21 07:38 PM
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 07/29/21 07:55 PM
I hope it is mobley, but if he gets taken at 2, green isn't a bad left over
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 07/29/21 08:08 PM
Okoro (SF), Allen (C),and Mobley (PF) would be the beginning of an insane front court. And yes, I think that Mobley has the overall ability to play PF.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 07/29/21 08:15 PM
I agree.

No matter how you ended up playing them, both could play together and or spell each other to some degree.
Posted By: Swish Re: Cavaliers - 07/29/21 09:43 PM
Okoro (SF), Allen (C),and Mobley (PF) would be the beginning of an insane front court. And yes, I think that Mobley has the overall ability to play PF.

to you and peen:

you guys dont think drafting Mobley would put is in the situation like Drummond/AD? where it seemed like they couldnt play on the court together.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 07/29/21 10:59 PM
Cavs trade Prince for Rubio

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsnaut.com/cleveland-cavaliers-trade-ricky-rubio/amp/
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 07/29/21 11:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish

to you and peen:

you guys dont think drafting Mobley would put is in the situation like Drummond/AD? where it seemed like they couldnt play on the court together.

Mobley can play outside. He can the PF position. If they take Mobley, which I think they will because unfortunately, Green will be off the board, I won't be surprised if Larry Nance Jr is traded at some point.

(I know you were asking me, but that's my $.02)
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 07/29/21 11:32 PM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 07/30/21 12:00 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

to you and peen:

Mobley can play outside. He can the PF position. If they take Mobley, which I think they will because unfortunately, Green will be off the board, I won't be surprised if Larry Nance Jr is traded at some point.

(I know you were asking me, but that's my $.02)

I agree. Mobley has good quickness, shooting, and passing ability, and should be able to play the 4. The Cavaliers seem to think he can as well. It's always a bit of a risk, but one worth taking. If they couldn't make it work, and had to trade Allen, there should be a market for him. We'll see.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 07/30/21 12:47 AM
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 07/30/21 12:52 AM
So:

PG - Garland
SG - Sexton
SF - Okoro
PF - Mobley
C - Allen

Definitely a young starting 5
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 07/30/21 01:30 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 07/30/21 01:38 AM
“Jarret Allen is a great player. I definitely feel like I can learn a lot from him and we can do damage in this league.”

Mobley on playing with #Cavs big man Jarrett Allen.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 07/30/21 10:41 AM

to you and peen:

I don't think so. Everything I have read and seen watching vids, Mobley has range to his game. He isn't simply a "in the paint" rim protector. He has a good shot. He isn't like a lot of big guys who shoot a little flat.

I think it will also have a big impact on our defense which is a problem for the Cavs. I could see us using a 3-2 zone, which is excellent against outside shots, and then have 2 big's close to the rim.

I don't like to compare, but I see a Kevin Garnett type player.

A Great defensive player, with the ability to hit the 3 around 28% of the time. No, it isn't like Larry Bird out there, but good enough teams will have to pay attention, so he can spread the court enough to create some space for the guards to have some driving room.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 07/30/21 10:53 AM
We saw clips of Mobley dunking around the rim. I thought I would add some views of his outside shooting. The kid has a smooth shot that I am sure he can improve. Being a center, he probably didn't practice that a ton while in college.

Posted By: Swish Re: Cavaliers - 07/30/21 05:00 PM
gotta admit, he looks like Embiid. lets hope he can stay much healthier than him, and we'll actually have a future.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Cavaliers - 07/31/21 01:47 PM
Just his defense would be a huge step up. Hustle and height won't hurt. Looks like a great pick.
Welcome to The Land! Just win, baby! thumbsup
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 08/02/21 10:27 PM
j/c...

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 08/03/21 02:07 PM

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 08/04/21 12:07 AM
The pick-up of Rubio is going to pay dividends. The guy is a pro and will do much for our guards.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 08/12/21 01:45 AM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 08/27/21 04:45 PM

to you and peen:

(I know you weren't asking me, but that's my $.02)

Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 08/27/21 06:02 PM
what a dumb trade.. I really don't see why Altman is still here.. No other GM got as much leeway as him. Nance isn't great but Markkanen is marginally more productive offensively and less so defensively but alot more expensive.. I don't see how this trade helps us at all
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 08/27/21 06:06 PM
Cavs trading Larry Nance Jr. hard to accept, but there is an upside – Terry Pluto’s scribbles

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/08/c...-scribbles.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio – Scribbles in my Cavaliers notebook after they traded Larry Nance Jr. to Portland as part of a three-way deal. Coming to the Cavs is Chicago’s Lauri Markkanen.

1. Any trade involving Larry Nance Jr. leaving Cleveland would produce the same response of my wife Roberta. She heard of the deal and texted me: OH NO!!!

2. As many who have followed the Cavaliers for years know, Nance is part of the team’s royal family. Larry Nance Sr. was a star on the Cavs when I covered the team for the Akron Beacon Journal in the late 1980s and early 1990s. I watched Nance Jr. play for Revere High a few times.

3. I’m not writing that this is a terrible deal. After the Cavs re-signed 7-foot Jarrett Allen and then drafted 7-foot Evan Mobley, the 6-foot-9 Nance became more expendable. Nance has improved his outside shooting, but that’s not the strength of his game. In the 3-point obsessed NBA, power forwards are supposed to be “Stretch 4′s” launching shots from behind the 3-point line. The Cavs have no one to do that, at least not when Kevin Love is out.

4. What about Love? An NBA source told me the Cavs were making progress in a buyout for Love, who has two years and $60 million left on his contract. The source admitted it could fall apart and it’s not close to a done deal.

5. Nonetheless, the trade for Markkanen makes it easier to believe Love could possibly be leaving. The 7-foot Markkannen is the classic “Stretch-4.” Playing for the Bulls last season, he shot .402 on 3-pointers. He took more 3-point shots per game (5.8) than 2-pointers (4.4). So he appears to be a better fit than Nance with Mobley and Allen (who don’t shoot many 3-pointers).

6. In 26 games as a starter last season, Markkanen averaged 17.3 points, 5.9 rebounds and shot .478 from the field – .379 on 3-pointers. He is a talented scorer. When motivated, he can be a decent rebounder. He’s only 24. Defense...well, that’s a sore subject.

7. Markkanen lost his starting after the Bulls traded for Nikola Vucevic. Markkanen signed a 4-year deal worth $67 million as part of the sign-and-trade coming to the Cavs. So this is a fresh start for a former No. 7 pick in 2017. For his career, Markkanen averaged 15.6 points and 7.1 rebounds in 221 games.

8. That said, Nance brought much to the Cavs beyond scoring. As one NBA scout told me, “Larry is the best player in the trade. He is an elite defender. He is unselfish. Analytics loves all the little things he does on the court, and so do coaches. But Markkanen does bring very good outside shooting. Larry has battled a lot of injuries.”

9. The big challenge Nance has been staying healthy. He has missed 70 games in the last three seasons for the Cavs. The 2020-21 season was extremely frustrating because of various injuries as he was out for 37 games. His leadership will be missed. He has to be the only player in NBA history to be happy when traded from the Lakers to Cleveland.

10. The fans in Portland will absolutely love Nance. He is everything you want in a teammate. I miss him already. As for Markkanen, let’s see if the Cavs can help become a part of three young big men with Mobley and Allen.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 08/27/21 08:14 PM
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
what a dumb trade.. I really don't see why Altman is still here.. No other GM got as much leeway as him. Nance isn't great but Markkanen is marginally more productive offensively and less so defensively but alot more expensive.. I don't see how this trade helps us at all

At any rate, the trade offers for Nance have been there all offseason. But according to Hoops Wire sources, none have been very good. In fact, it appears that other teams are still in “let’s see if we can rip off the Cavs” mode.

Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 08/27/21 08:35 PM

At any rate, the trade offers for Nance have been there all offseason. But according to Hoops Wire sources, none have been very good. In fact, it appears that other teams are still in “let’s see if we can rip off the Cavs” mode.

because Altman is a joke and has zero credibility or clout in the league. Gilbert needs to sell the team. Ever since his health declined he's not really doing much. We've had some pretty good draft capital squandered by Altman.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Cavaliers - 08/27/21 10:58 PM
Ever since you whined and cryed the whole season we won the NBA championship about how bad we sucked I just tend to ignore your basketball posts.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 08/28/21 04:12 PM
Posted By: jfanent Re: Cavaliers - 08/28/21 04:20 PM
He's really nothing more than a thief right now.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Cavaliers - 08/28/21 04:35 PM
It's odd how a player that expects his employer to live up to the contract they agreed to and signed is now considered a thief. Hmmmm....
Posted By: jfanent Re: Cavaliers - 08/28/21 06:21 PM
So, you think the Cavs are getting what they paid for? If I were that big of a failure at my job, I'd be toast.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Cavaliers - 08/28/21 06:53 PM
I think the Cavs agreed to a long term deal to pay him. Is there anything in that contract that provides a contingency of his pay being based on performance?

If not it's the Cavs who are at fault here, not Love.

At your job do you have a contract that is not based on performance? We see it all the time in the business world. CEO's do a terrible job and the corporation has to pay off their contract to get rid of them. This isn't any different.
Posted By: Jester Re: Cavaliers - 08/28/21 07:16 PM
I think you are taking his comments the wrong way. I don't think he is saying anything about the contract structure/validity. I took his point as being that he is getting paid a lot of money and essentially contributing nothing to this team which is essentially stealing as an analogy not literal context.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Cavaliers - 08/29/21 12:39 AM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I think the Cavs agreed to a long term deal to pay him. Is there anything in that contract that provides a contingency of his pay being based on performance?

If not it's the Cavs who are at fault here, not Love.

At your job do you have a contract that is not based on performance? We see it all the time in the business world. CEO's do a terrible job and the corporation has to pay off their contract to get rid of them. This isn't any different.

No, but I feel an obligation to perform to the best of my ability. If I went in everyday and half-assed it, I'd feel like crap knowing my co workers had to pick up my slack. I'd also feel like I were stealing from the company. He's a very rich man who's just being greedy and crapping on the organization and fans that made him rich. He can take a buyout and still come away with a lot of money, but he wants to leech every cent he can get. I don't see how anybody can defend him.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 08/29/21 05:10 AM
Love will go down as the worst contract ever handed out by the cavs. It made no sense when we did it, giving an old guy with injury history a max contract when you're trying to rebuild.. It looks even worse now given what's transpired.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Cavaliers - 08/29/21 02:25 PM
Love will go down as the worst contract ever handed out by the cavs. It made no sense when we did it, giving an old guy with injury history a max contract when you're trying to rebuild.. It looks even worse now given what's transpired.

Giving blame where blame is due.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Cavaliers - 08/29/21 02:28 PM
I'm not defending him as a player or even as a person. I'm saying if you wish to lay blame, read leadtheway's post. It's the Cavs that put him in the position he is in now. It's the Cavs who agreed to the parameters of his contract. Who I also can't defend is the deal the Cavs signed him to in the first place.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Cavaliers - 08/29/21 02:38 PM
Love is taking advantage of a situation at the expense of the Cavs and the fans. If you can't see that, I can't help you. The crappy contract has nothing to do with my point. You just love to move goalposts to start an argument.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Cavaliers - 08/29/21 02:54 PM
It's odd how you call the contract concerning his employment "moving the goal posts"? His contract directly dictates the very money and terms you are speaking of. How could that be moving the goal posts?

So then are you saying the next time the Cavs sign a young player to a cheap contract and they turn out to be a star the Cavs should just pay them more even though it isn't in their contract? On the flip side owners get the benefits of contracts at times as well.

You see, that's how contracts work. Sometimes you get the better of the deal and sometimes you don't.

I already said I wasn't upholding him as a player or a person. But somehow that wasn't good enough for you. The Cavs signed an older player to a max contract with no provisions to protect themselves. I suppose you consider that Love's fault? A team with a slew of lawyers on the payroll screwed the pooch here and are no less guilty than Love is for the current situation.

Now I don't mind giving Love his share of the blame as long as people are willing to spread the blame around to both sides as both deserve some of it.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Cavaliers - 08/29/21 03:28 PM
He's taking advantage of a situation at the expense of the team and the fans. It's a jerk move, which was my point in calling him a thief. Everybody and their brother knows the contract sucked as far as the Cavs were concerned, nobody's arguing that. If you want credit for pointing out the obvious, I'll grant you that.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Cavaliers - 08/29/21 04:27 PM
Since you only gave a glimpse of one side of the coin someone needed to point out the obvious. wink
Posted By: ~Con~Artist~ Re: Cavaliers - 09/01/21 04:06 AM
They are definitely going bigs now.

https://www.nba.com/news/report-tacko-fall-signs-non-guaranteed-deal-with-cleveland-cavaliers

Report: Tacko Fall signs non-guaranteed deal with Cleveland Cavaliers
Fall, a 7-foot-5 center, averaged 2.5 points and 2.7 rebounds in two seasons with the Celtics.
From NBA.com News Services
August 31, 2021 10:05 PM
Free agent center Tacko Fall will sign a non-guaranteed, one-year contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, The Athletic’s Shams Charania reported Tuesday.

A fan favorite due to his 7-foot-5 frame, Fall averaged 2.5 points and 2.7 rebounds in two seasons with the Boston Celtics.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 09/01/21 10:29 AM
If you are 7'5" and can't grab 3 rebounds a game, you have to be a wuss.
Posted By: FATE Re: Cavaliers - 09/01/21 12:57 PM
He'd be top 5 at close to 13 if he played starter minutes...
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 09/01/21 03:43 PM
All these bigs and we still don't have a servicable 2/3. Altman must think all you need is PG's and centers
Posted By: ~Con~Artist~ Re: Cavaliers - 09/02/21 02:07 PM
I don’t watch enough basketball anymore to really know why he didn’t play a lot in Boston but he was a fan favorite who actually sold jerseys when he did play. The only time I consistently watched basketball the past few years was when I worked the NBA Restart down here in Orlando.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 09/23/21 11:40 PM
If the Cavs trade Sexton, Okoro, and unprotected 1st round draft picks for Simmons I’m gonna be real upset and probably not watch the NBA for awhile. Why would the CAVS even be entertaining trying to trade for another PG, when we already have a PG that is a star in the making? Simmons can’t shoot, and makes way to much money.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Cavaliers - 10/21/21 12:10 AM
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 10/21/21 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by leadtheway
All these bigs and we still don't have a servicable 2/3. Altman must think all you need is PG's and centers

If the guards are good enough and the bigs are good on the boards and can dish outside, that is all you need. You don't need "tweeners".
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 10/21/21 12:51 PM
ours aren't and I'm not sure what you are calling a tweener. Tweener for me is usually a 3 that can play a 4. I'm saying we don't have a decent SG or SF. Sexton and Garland are both way to small to defend the 2 and Cedi playing the 3 is well.....Cedi playing the 3. Last night was and odd lineup..we went 3 7 footers and still got clobbered in the paint. If Love returns to form and we keep him, we might have some flexibility this year and we need to figure out what our identity is going to be.. If you're going to play that many bigs at once you better make the other team adapt and not try to get bigs to play small. I think thats been our biggest issue in the past. We just never knew what we wanted to do or how we were going to play and we'd spend weeks reinventing the lineups. I think its make or break this year for altman and bickerstaff.. They've had plenty of patience to get this train rolling in the right direction. I do like what I've seen out of Garland and Mobley, I think sexton will be traded. Rubio looks like hes going to be a good addition. He's got the leadership like Delly but can actually play. Its going to help Garland for sure
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 10/22/21 11:59 PM
Love how big we are with Allen, Mobley, and Markiinen. I really liked Nance but Markiinen gives us so much more shooting the ball. If we can get Garland and Sexton to really step up their games we might have something.

Bench is pretty good too with Rubio, Okoro, even Love, Osman, and Wade. Loved Stevens last year but I doubt he plays much unless there are injuries
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Cleveland Cavaliers - 10/28/21 05:05 AM
So .... the Cavaliers are off to a 3-2 start on the season, having dropped the 1st 2 games of the season, then winning the next 3, including tough road games against Denver and LA. (Clippers)

I am intrigued by this big/little squad, where they play Sexton and Garland, along with Allen, Mobley, and Markkanen. Love looks like he's got his head back in the game, and Rubio looks like a good fit.

So far, they look like a fun team. They are in the midst of a tough Western trip, with two more out there, total of 4 overall ..... and a stretch of 7 of 8 on the road.

The team looks interesting so far. Hope this means they are starting to grow up and gel.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 10/28/21 08:58 AM
I have high hopes. Maybe not so much for this season, but more as the team moves forward. I really like the addition of Rubio. He is a solid player who can contribute on his own, but even more what he brings in the way of leadership to our young backcourt. He is showing Sexton and garland how to play the point in the NBA. It's more than about running and gunning.

The combo of Allen and Mobley can be a great tandem in the front court.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 10/28/21 02:25 PM
The Cavs have definitely been a surprise lately. Beating three playoff teams in a row and holding them all below 100 points.

Mobley has been outstanding. Never leaves his feel and falls for the pump fake. Averaging 2 blocks a game.

The defense as a whole has been excellent these past three games. Spreading the ball around on offense and getting everyone involved.

Rubio has been excellent in the veteran role. He's out there constantly communicating with and teaching Garland and Sexton.

Love has even contributed positively.

Hopefully, everyone can stay healthy.

Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 10/29/21 10:35 PM
Cavs play at the Lakers tonight at 10:30, hopenthey come out ready to play. Hopenthe Lakers put there best five on the court so we can measure the team vs the Lakers.
Posted By: FATE Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 10/30/21 02:30 AM
Would love to watch the game but I guess that's basically impossible now? I noticed my games weren't recording in Fort Wayne, but thought maybe it was a Youtube TV issue -- they change how things work with sports every 48 hours or so -- it's basically Russian Roulette.

Now I'm home in Ohio and the game isn't televised? Spectrum Sportsnet? What the hell is that?? Nice going Cavs and NBA, always taking every opportunity to lop off your nose to spite your face.

Maybe next year, ehhh, probably not.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 10/30/21 03:41 AM
Sorry to hear that, it’s 54-54 at halftime. Mobley is good!
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 10/30/21 04:01 AM
Good ballgame, cavs up 65-64, 6 minutes to go in the 3rd
Posted By: Jester Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 10/31/21 01:09 PM
Haven't had a chance to see much of the Cavs but from what I have been hearing, it seems as if we are better with Sexton and Rubio in the backcourt rather than Sexton and Garland. Can you guys who have seen games and know basketball comment on this.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/04/21 01:20 AM
Don't look now, but the Cavaliers are over .500, at 5-4, after beating the Blazers by 3.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/04/21 03:01 AM
j/c...

Great game tonight. Nice team win with the 3 players out with injury/health & safety protocols.

Love how the offense distributes the ball evenly.

Windler splashing 3s off the bench.

Mobley is leading the league in contested shots. Fun team to watch. Learning to close out games and beating teams that were in the playoffs last years.

I was at the game tonight and Mookie Betts was in attendance which seems wildly random. Greg Newsome at the game as well.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/04/21 09:30 AM
Beating the Blazers is a nice win
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/04/21 04:53 PM
Being on 1st shift now, I’ve been able to watch the Cavs. They look good, fast pace, think they really hit HR’s with Mobley, and the trade for Allen last year.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/06/21 01:55 AM
j/c...

What a game by the Cavs. Heck of a comeback to win this one. Great win.

Also, please get Sexton out of the game in crunch time. If nothing else, let him nowhere near the ball. He was sloppy with it against Portland and nearly cost them the game tonight on two straight possessions.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/06/21 02:24 AM
6-4 though ..... and not a lot of bad teams among them.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/07/21 12:01 AM
Cavs beat the Raptors last night, they are so fun to watch right now. They play the Knicks tomorrow night at 7:00pm.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 12:45 AM
Cavs up 89-75 over the Knicks heading to the 4th quarter. Mobley, Allen, and Rubio having big games.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 01:21 AM
Cavs win 126-109, really good win. Cavs hit 19 3 pointers. Cavs now 7-4

Mobley 26 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists
Allen 18 points, 17 rebounds, 4 assists
Rubio 37 points, 3 rebounds, 10 assists, 8 of 9 on 3 point shots
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 01:51 AM
And they keep winning w/o Okoro, Markkanen and Love. Sexton went out with a knee injury tonight. Starting to see why the Cavs didn't extend him. He's not a good fit for this team.

Another great win. Love the energy and enthusiasm they are playing with. Mobley will be the ROY.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 01:52 AM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 03:22 AM
Another nice win for the Cavaliers.

7-4 is a really nice start to the season, especially with the schedule they were handed.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 03:23 AM
Evan Mobley is really, really, really good.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Evan Mobley is really, really, really good.

No doubt lot's can happen, but he is thus far showing to be the type of guy who can flip a franchise. Add in Allen, Okoro, and Garland we have some solid young players. Add in the vet Rubio who scored 37 tonight, but scoring the right way is his goal and we have something brewing.
Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 04:50 AM
Mobley is definitely fun to watch and a player you can build around. Rubio playing well has also been a nice surprise
Posted By: FATE Re: Cavaliers - 11/08/21 01:51 PM
Nice write-up on the rook this morning at c.com. Wish I could see the games here in Ft Wayne. frown

Evan Mobley lifting Cleveland Cavaliers back to relevance: ‘He’s special’
Updated: Nov. 08, 2021, 2:12 a.m. | Published: Nov. 08, 2021, 1:22 a.m.
By Chris Fedor, cleveland.com

NEW YORK -- Ricky Rubio isn’t typically gushy.

Playing four years overseas and 11 more in the NBA has a way of forcing a more level-headed approach. Prior to training camp, his message to young protégé Darius Garland was about not being satisfied with a bounce-back second season and needing to show more consistency. In October, Rubio bluntly said the Cavs weren’t close to where they wanted to be. He’s often the first one to point at the calendar, reminding everyone how early it is in this 82-game grind.

But Rubio couldn’t help it. He couldn’t contain his excitement. Not when discussing rookie teammate Evan Mobley following Cleveland’s 126-109 win over the New York Knicks.

“He’s special and he will be special,” Rubio said of Mobley. “We don’t even know how (high) his potential can be.”

Rubio had the best night of his career. He scored 37 points and made eight 3-pointers while dishing out 10 assists. He became the first player in NBA history to post those numbers off the bench.

And yet, he was quick to praise Mobley, the No. 3 pick who dazzled in his Madison Square Garden debut and continues to leave observers awestruck.

“First game in the Garden. Twenty years old. You have to give him credit,” Rubio said. “He’s really mature for his age. He knows how to play the game the right way. Scoring 26 points your first game in MSG is hard to do. We’re proud to have a teammate like him. It’s fun.”

It wasn’t just Mobley’s (career-best) point total. It never is. He added nine rebounds, five assists, one steal and one block. He missed just four shots all night. He anchored the defense and played at the top of Cleveland’s disruptive 3-2 zone. He shredded New York on short rolls and buried two 3-pointers, including one at the 5:50 mark of the fourth quarter while MSG was rockin’ and the Knicks were making a comeback.

With Mobley on the floor, the Cavs outscored New York by 26 points. The youngster outplayed Knicks All-Star Julius Randle.

“It’s a big stage for anybody. They said that 10 times before the game started: ‘The world’s most famous arena.’ And it really is,” Jarrett Allen said. “For him to come in and play how he did, career high, close out the game on defense and offense how he did, that just shows a lot of growth. He has a long way to go in this league. He’s going to be the Rookie of the Year in my opinion.”

When Mobley first walked into the arena, about two hours prior to tipoff, he could feel it. The atmosphere was different. But one of Mobley’s many special qualities is his demeanor. He’s never rattled.

“I’ve lived in New York. I know how New Yorkers are. I know how they can be cheering, yelling, saying nasty things behind the bench,” said Allen, who played his first three-plus seasons with the Brooklyn Nets. “But Evan stayed locked in for all four quarters, all 48 minutes. He didn’t let the moment get to him, and he played excellent. He works well under pressure.”

“Any performance you put on here is a higher stage, but Evan doesn’t care,” Bickerstaff added. “Evan shows up to do his job, no matter if he was at a park back in L.A., it doesn’t matter to him. He shows up to do the job to help the team win. That’s his priority. That’s all he cares about.”

The term rare is often overused. But it’s fitting with Mobley.

On Sunday night, he became the first rookie since Blake Griffin in 2011 to record 26 or more points to go with at least nine rebounds and five assists while shooting better than 73.3% from the field.

Mobley picks things up quickly and retains that information. He understands positioning. Rarely commits fouls, already seemingly mastering the verticality rule when it comes to contesting shots. Doesn’t often make mistakes. He handles the ball like a guard. Can score or facilitate. Spaces the floor. Erases mistakes on defense. Mobile. Flexible. Versatile. Switchable. Coachable.

Groomed by his father, Mobley is programmed to be unselfish. He often allows the game to come to him, digesting the defensive schemes early and taking mental notes throughout. But Bickerstaff has talked with Mobley about being more assertive. Bickerstaff even predicted that Mobley would become a more dominant force on offense as the season goes on.

Sunday night showed that potential.

Mobley said he recognizes opponents being more physical. When they press up -- testing his strength, handle and poise -- he doesn’t back down, using speed and athleticism to attack. When they sit back, he’s willing to shoot. If an extra defender comes, he uses the pass as a weapon.

“Each game I’m learning where I can score, finding my spots in the offense,” Mobley said. “I feel like each game I’m getting better and better at that. I’m just trying to do what I do on the court. I know I got my guys around me to help me do that. It’s making it easier.”

There’s nothing easy about what Mobley is doing. He’s just making it look that way.

Despite the opponent being favored in all 11 games, the Cavs are 7-4. Six of those wins have come against Playoff or Play-In teams from last season. They won their league-best fifth road game Sunday. It took until Game No. 35 last season. They rank 10th in offensive efficiency and 15th on the other end. Of the Cavs’ lineups to play more than 10 total minutes this season, Mobley is in each of the top five. He’s a fixture of Cleveland’s closing group and leads the team in minutes because Bickerstaff can’t justify taking him off the floor. In an exceptional rookie class loaded with star potential, Mobley is the headliner, one of just six with a positive net rating. He’s also still the league leader in contested shots.

The Cavs are one of the NBA’s ascending teams. Mobley is lifting them.

“He’s earned our trust. We can depend on him,” Bickerstaff said. “How many 19- or 20-year-olds can you say that about?”

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021...liers-back-to-relevance-hes-special.html
Posted By: Swish Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 02:12 PM
Make this sucks cause I catch watch any of the games on Hulu
Posted By: FATE Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 02:15 PM
Yes it does. Same here with YTTV. They all recorded last year, this year - nada.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 02:33 PM
I haven't been able to watch much at all this year but looking at highlights, we are turning a corner it looks. Getting rid of overpriced guys and getting younger and more athletic. All that's left is to dump Love and I think we will have that team we can grow up together. Mobley is as advertised and going from Delly to Rubio is a HUUUUUGGEE upgrade and might even be the difference. Just someone Garland/Sexton can watch and learn from. Hopefully this momentum keeps up
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 03:44 PM
I am a old guy. I have been a radio listener my whole life. I go to bed early most nights...7ish....so I tune in to WTAM and listen to the pre-game show, then the game until I fall asleep. Many times I wake and listen to the post game show before tuning out.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 03:53 PM
I haven’t seen every game, but we sure are fun to watch
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 07:05 PM
j/c...

Bummer.

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 08:49 PM
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/08/21 11:39 PM
The Cavs are going to be really good.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/11/21 05:00 AM
Tough loss tonight. They played the Wizards tough, but just lost it at the very end.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/11/21 05:06 AM
Tough loss indeed. Can't leave Kuzma open for 3 on two straight possessions.

Needed Rubio to hit the second free throw. Would've forced OT.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/11/21 01:32 PM
Sucks that we lost that game. We had no right to lose it … learning situation
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/13/21 04:09 AM
j/c...

Made it to 3rd Cavs game of the year. Local sports nut, Greg Newsome II, has been at two of the three I've attended. My wife and I had a good time watching these future champions play. Tako Fall got the crowd rocking...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Okoro does all the little things well.

Go Cavs!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/13/21 04:31 AM
Nice win for the Cavaliers tonight.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/13/21 06:04 AM
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/13/21 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Sucks that we lost that game. We had no right to lose it … learning situation

I don't know exactly where it would fall in basketball, but in baseball, basically every team is going to win 60 games and lose 60 games. The other 42 games are going to tell the tale of the season. Maybe this loss is one of the "42".

I guess it is unrealistic to expect this team to win all of those 42. Any way we cut it, we have a young, inexperienced team still trying to learn how to play together. As you said, we will see if we learn how to win those games.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cleveland Cavaliers - 11/13/21 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Beautiful play set up by Rubio, then great dish off by Garland once he drew all the attention for Mobes to finish.

I like it!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 11/13/21 02:26 PM

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 11/14/21 02:32 AM
j/c...

Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Cavaliers - 11/14/21 03:27 AM
Great come back win tonight against the Celtics. Was down as much as 19 and found a way to claw back into it and pull out the W. Mobley played great especially in the 4th qtr scoring 12 of his 19 points in the final qtr. This team is just flat out fun to watch. Go Cavs !!!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 11/14/21 03:34 AM
This reminded me of the game against Toronto.

Rubio has been such a huge addition. Mobley is just ridiculous.

Defense stepped up again. Fun times, indeed!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 11/14/21 03:35 AM
Just an amazing comeback win! This team is really growing up.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 11/14/21 05:29 AM
j/c...

Posted By: FATE Re: Cavaliers - 11/14/21 01:42 PM
First game that was actually televised here... Halfway through the third I looked at the wife and said "well, looks like it's not our night", we just figured it was our luck that they would lay an egg since we never get to see games.

But we stuck with it... and it was a lot of fun to watch.

First impression with Mobley -- in a nutshell -- he can't possibly be a rookie.

Rubio -- always loved him, great to see him in wine and gold. Great to see a real point guard in wine and gold!

Defense? Wow, just smothering at times. If you play that way every night you can compete with anyone in this league.

Good stuff. thumbsup
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 11/14/21 02:09 PM
We are so lucky to have traded for Rubio. Sexton got injured, and we'd be in a world of hurt without Rubio. He's not always going to fill up the stat sheet, but he is a calming, veteran presence, and a leader this team needed.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Cavaliers - 11/16/21 02:12 PM
Beating the C’s at home is awesome
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 11/16/21 03:33 PM
Unfortunately, we lost to them last night, for a two game split. We also may have lost Mobley to a sprained elbow.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 11/16/21 06:08 PM
Cavs can't catch a break with the injuries. This stinks.

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 11/16/21 07:56 PM
Just great. crazy

Hope Markkanen gets back to the team fairly soon. We are running out of bigs. (though I think that Love is back with the team, anyway)
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 11/16/21 08:22 PM
And Jarrett Allen is already ruled out for Wednesday. Tacko Fall is going to play significant minutes.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 11/16/21 08:34 PM
And Jarrett Allen is already ruled out for Wednesday. Tacko Fall is going to play significant minutes.

crazy Yikes
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 11/19/21 08:39 PM
Pretty sad that we had 80% of our regular season starting lineup out last night. (Allen, Mobley, Markkanen and Sexton) Lamar Stevens and Cedi Osman were also out, and Kevin Love only played 21 minutes as he is working to get his conditioning back. All in all, losing to the best team in the NBA by 15, or whatever it wound up. isn't horrible.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 11/20/21 04:55 AM
And the Cavs were up 12 heading into the 4th quarter. They're playing hard, but need to get healthy. Run out of ammo as game wears on.

This is a bummer. It's like the Baker situation, but for the Cavs...

Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Cavaliers - 11/20/21 04:58 AM
The Tribe = injuries devastated most of their key pitching staff, Reyes, Perez and few others were out an extended time, if not most of the season
Browns = we are all aware of the ridiculous amount of injuries
Cavs = the season is in the beginning stages and like u said 80% of the lineup is out… and with Sexton out for the year

Being a Cleveland fan is beautiful thing ❤️
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Cavaliers - 11/22/21 10:02 AM
j/c:

Not Cavs news but since we don't have a NBA thread this is worth watching if you didn't see it already:

LeBron James is ejected from game after elbowing Pistons' Isaiah Stewart in the face and sparking a 20-man brawl on the court

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...g-elbow-face-Pistons-Isaiah-Stewart.html
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 11/22/21 08:09 PM
I don't think it was intentional, I think stewart was trying to grab LBJ's arm to get position and Lebron jerked his hand free and the recoil is what got Stewart. What happened after that was just testosterone.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Cavaliers - 11/22/21 08:28 PM
I don't think it was intentional, I think stewart was trying to grab LBJ's arm to get position and Lebron jerked his hand free and the recoil is what got Stewart. What happened after that was just testosterone.

lebron's a lot of things, but not a dirty player. I do agree with the ejection though. Not intentional, but still a pretty careless thing to do.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 11/23/21 04:02 PM
j/c...

Greg Newsome getting everyone out to Cavs games now...

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 11/23/21 05:55 PM

Of course it was intentional. The end result may not have been.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 11/26/21 11:12 PM
j/c...

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Cavaliers - 11/27/21 02:23 PM
Is Greg Newsome the new Joe Haden?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 11/27/21 03:34 PM
j/c...

That's both incredible and awesome!
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 11/28/21 06:47 PM
After a 5 game skid the CAVS won by 13 over the Magic last night. Mobley returned and had a good ballgame. They may or may not make the playoffs, but they sure are fun to watch.

I’m a Sexton fan, but not sure they really need him going forward. I know he’s out for the year, but with all the offseason trade talk, could they trade him, or do they have to wait for the offseason now?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 11/30/21 04:04 AM
Cavs win again tonight with a big win over the Mavs, 114-96.

Boy, having a healthy (mostly) team makes all the difference.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 11/30/21 04:28 AM
Great win tonight, indeed. Garland and Allen were out there having a blast tonight with Garland driving and throwing alley-oop after alley-oop to Allen. All the Bigs played great tonight.

Garland is becoming a star.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 11/30/21 05:52 PM
Hell you can say Allen, Garland, and Markkanen are all becoming stars! Mobley will be one! Okoro just needs to lock down the best 1-3 on the court every night. Love has accepted his role off the bench and looks re-energized. Osman looks great right now. Would love to lock down Rubio for another 2 years, he’s been a great mentor to Garland.

I will say it again, they are really fun to watch every night.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/02/21 01:42 AM
Cavaliers up 61-43 at the half against the Heat.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/02/21 02:45 AM
Cavs with a 26 point win against the Heat, in Miami!
Posted By: FATE Re: Cavaliers - 12/02/21 02:50 AM
Didn't get to see it, hoping to see a replay. Looks like Love had a very solid game, eh?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/02/21 02:54 AM
I can never see the games, since Dish took STO and FoxOhio off their service. flamingmad

I "watch" on CBS Sports website.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/02/21 03:01 AM
Love had a great game. Came out on fire shooting 3s. Started 5 of 6 from 3 point land.

Cavs had six guys scoring in double figures. Allen and Mobley cleaning up on the boards. Allen should be an All-Star this year.

Rubio and Garland distributing the ball all around.

This team is playing with some confidence and giving their best effort each night, even on the defensive side of the ball.

Season high 14 blocked shots tonight.

Fun team to watch.

Get your tickets before they keep creeping up in price!
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/02/21 05:52 AM
Love had a great game. Came out on fire shooting 3s. Started 5 of 6 from 3 point land.

Cavs had six guys scoring in double figures. Allen and Mobley cleaning up on the boards. Allen should be an All-Star this year.

This team is playing with some confidence and giving their best effort each night, even on the defensive side of the ball.

Fun team to watch.

I have tix for Cavs v Hawks here in the ATL in a few weeks. Cant wait!
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 12/02/21 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by EveDawg

Fun team to watch.

Should be a great game. Would love to go to a few games, but the wife and daughter have no interest in the 2 hour drive up and back to watch a basketball game. And I’m not doing by myself.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/03/21 05:00 AM
Originally Posted by Frenchy

Fun team to watch.

Should be a great game. Would love to go to a few games, but the wife and daughter have no interest in the 2 hour drive up and back to watch a basketball game. And I’m not doing by myself.

Trade off. Stay in CLE for the night, get the wife and daughter a spa treatment and all enjoy the game afterwards. A win-win!
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 12/03/21 05:49 PM

Fun team to watch.

Trade off. Stay in CLE for the night, get the wife and daughter a spa treatment and all enjoy the game afterwards. A win-win!

Fun team to watch.

Fun team to watch.

That actually sounds like an idea I could get behind. Had not even thought about that. Where would you stay, that also does spas, and is close to Rocket Mortgage Field house? I’ve only stayed at the Holiday Inn and walked to Browns games.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 12/03/21 06:07 PM
On the map it looks the Indigo is the closes then Residence Inn, then Hamptons. None of them do spa treatments so might have to check into that somewhere around one of them. Anybody have good/bad thoughts on these 3 hotels?

Looking at Jan 22nd, a Saturday night game vs Oklahoma City Thunder, should be a W for the Cavs, should be able to get good seats, that help talk wife into going again.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/03/21 06:18 PM
The Metropolitan at the 9 is a nice place with a spa. Plus Johnny Manziel lived there!

The Hyatt Regency at The Arcarde is another great spot with a spa. Especially this time of year. All decorated for Christmas.

The Marriott in the Key Bank building downtown and has a nice spa.

https://www.metropolitancleveland.com/play/the-wellness-collection

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ohio/hyatt-regency-cleveland-at-the-arcade/clerc

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/clesc-cleveland-marriott-downtown-at-key-tower/

Go Cavs!
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 12/03/21 06:59 PM
Thanks alot, thats what I was looking for.
Posted By: Spergon FTWynn Re: Cavaliers - 12/03/21 10:16 PM
cavs are fun again
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/04/21 01:17 AM
j/c...

Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 12/04/21 01:40 AM
Cavs up 32 with 4:30 left in the 3rd.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 12/04/21 02:26 AM
The last time the Cavs swept a 3 game road trip vs teams with a +.500 record was 1975, damn thats a long time ago. Another good win for the Cavs. The next 3 games are vs the Jazz, Bucks, and Bulls, seems like the Cavs have had a brutal schedule, but they keep playing good ball!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/04/21 03:19 AM
This was a huge and impressive win. Wow! Knocking off the #2 team in the East, in their place, and in impressive manner (and the 15 point final spread doesn't tell the real story) is a real testament to who this team is becoming.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/04/21 03:32 AM
The Cavs are playing incredible defense. Hell, even Kevin Love seems rejuvenated and unlikely to fake an injury to sit our for awhile.

Impressive road trip.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/05/21 09:15 PM
cavs and Utah tied at 42.. Really want to see a Cavs win !
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/05/21 11:22 PM
Bummer of a loss, but a hell of a game played by the Cavs.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/05/21 11:30 PM
one point ...damn !!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/06/21 12:24 AM
I don't know which feels worse ... losing by one, or getting blown out.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/07/21 03:36 AM
Tough loess tonight against the top team in the East.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/07/21 01:12 PM
Man the Cavs are so much fun to watch this year. We are on our way back to being a playoff team once again cool
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 12/07/21 02:28 PM
We have a solid young core group mixed with a solid vet influence. Bickerstaff seems to be the man for the job as coach. He has them playing as a team.

I hope we can keep them together and add complementary players as the need calls. Things are looking up!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/09/21 02:15 AM
j/c...

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/09/21 02:18 AM
Mobley has to be rookie of the year if he keeps this up.

Cavaliers up 21 with less than 2 minutes left. The Bulls were 1/2 game out of 1st entering this game.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/09/21 02:27 AM
Mobley is the current favorite to win ROY with Scottie Barnes behind him. If Mobley stays healthy and I do not see how he could not win it, especially if the Cavs make the playoffs.

Tonight:
16 pts
5 blocks
9 rebs
2 steals
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/09/21 03:28 AM
Mobley is the current favorite to win ROY with Scottie Barnes behind him. If Mobley stays healthy and I do not see how he could not win it, especially if the Cavs make the playoffs.

Tonight:
16 pts
5 blocks
9 rebs
2 steals

He had a fairly decent game tonight, huh? wink
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 12/09/21 05:32 PM
Cavs 10th win versus teams with .500+ records this season. Toughest schedule in basketball. That is going to get them playoff ready.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 12/12/21 02:12 AM
The Cavs beat the T-Wolves last night handily. Back at it again tonight up 81-52 vs the Kings at the half, thats right 81 points at halftime, that’s gotta be a team record.

LETS GO CAVS!!!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/12/21 02:55 AM
They are beating most of the teams (and often handily) they should ....... at least half the teams that seem like they should be better than them.

I look at the East, and the Cavaliers are right there. They have also become real road warriors.

They have found great roles for their backups. Love has found a great role, as has Cedi. Rubio has been very, very useful off the bench, as well.

I am amazed at how well the Allen/Mobley/Markkanen have worked together. Their collective defense is amazing. Okoro just gets better and better, and has probably pushed Sexton right off the roster. He is getting better defensively, and his offense is really starting to come around.

No one is questioning Altman this year. He has done a really great not only getting this team rebuild ..... but it looks like they have talent, and talent that works well together, all over the court.

Yes, I am excited about this team.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/12/21 03:13 AM
As soon as I brag them up, they let the Kings right back into the game. crazy
Posted By: Swish Re: Cavaliers - 12/12/21 02:59 PM
they won though. man this team is looking really good...without sexton. he might be gone, which i get it. but love off the bench is working really well.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/14/21 04:48 AM
Cavaliers beat the Heat 105-94 for their 4th straight win.

Go Cavs!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/14/21 04:00 PM
The #4 seed right now! Love had a big game last night. Everybody is scoring, including Okoro.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/16/21 02:31 AM

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/16/21 02:33 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/16/21 02:38 AM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/16/21 02:50 AM
Issac is putting up some man sized games this year. What I want to know is this though, what do you do after posterizing 3 opposing players on one play? wink

The Rockets were missing players tonight, but we were missing Mobley, (with a sore hip) and Sexton has been out since late Oct.
Posted By: FATE Re: Cavaliers - 12/16/21 03:41 AM
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg
"It's contagious man! That ish is contagious!"

Love the stank face!
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/16/21 08:42 AM
Definitely expected yellow flags to fly after that despicable taunting. rolleyes
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/16/21 10:24 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/19/21 12:57 AM
Okoro and now Mobley.

Kelsey Russo
@kelseyyrusso
#Cavs Evan Mobley has entered health and safety protocols today. He will be out for tonight's game here in Milwaukee.

https://twitter.com/kelseyyrusso/status/1472255851306139649
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/19/21 01:35 AM
Okoro and now Mobley.

Kelsey Russo
@kelseyyrusso
#Cavs Evan Mobley has entered health and safety protocols today. He will be out for tonight's game here in Milwaukee.

https://twitter.com/kelseyyrusso/status/1472255851306139649

Of course! Because I will be at the game tomorrow. flamingmad
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/19/21 02:43 AM
No Mobley and no Ikoro. Far from ideal.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/19/21 03:31 AM
Bummer.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/19/21 03:34 AM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
No Mobley and no Ikoro. Far from ideal.

If the Cavs can somehow get lucky and only have two out at a time they might be ok.

First was Love and Markkanen.

It would be bad if Rubio and Garland were out at the same time. Knock on wood.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/19/21 04:12 AM
Well, both teams had guys out with Co-Vid, and the Cavaliers are up 29 with 23 seconds left.

Nice win, and one that moves us past the Bucks in the East.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/19/21 04:26 PM
Of course! Because I will be at the game tomorrow. flamingmad

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
The Cleveland Cavaliers have a Covid outbreak on their roster and fears exist that they will struggle to have the league's minimum eight players available to play vs. Atlanta tonight, sources tell ESPN. Five players tested positive this morning.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1472601411657609225
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/19/21 05:23 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/19/21 05:24 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
The NBA is postponing the Cleveland-Atlanta game tonight, sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1472617255578087431
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/19/21 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg

I read Trae Young has covid also.

So it would have sucked to go to this game.

So I'm happy to wait until they are healthy.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 12/27/21 05:43 PM
If you didn’t see it the CAVS beat the Raptors by 45 last night. I know they were down quite a few players but so were the CAVS. Reading Raptors twitter stuff was kinda funny last night
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/27/21 06:01 PM
I saw that score last night, and had to check to see if we had got some of our guys back. The Raptors were down quite a few players, but the Cavs were down to only 2 starters, and they played a lot of guys most Cavs fans could not identify even with a program.

It was a real testament to the coaches that even the backups' backups played the right way.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/27/21 10:52 PM
That was fun to watch! We rained some three-pointers, hustled, played some D, and the BIG guy (Hall?) was fun fun to watch. Is he seven feet plus not sure how much extra. Crowd went wild as he managed to do more than I thought he might. I wanna see more. Go, Cavaliers!
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/28/21 01:30 AM
I really wish Sexton was playing along with this exciting fun team !
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/28/21 05:23 PM
j/c...

Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 12/28/21 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
I really wish Sexton was playing along with this exciting fun team !

I think Sexton not playing might actually be attributing to the team playing like it is, he's a selfish dude on offense and really kills the flow. Garland has really taken off since Sexton went out.. This team is night/day compared to last year. They are just as fun to watch as the lebron years except everyone is killing it
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/29/21 02:06 AM
Cavaliers get back Mobley and Okoro ...... and lose Garland to Co-Vid protocols. crazy
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/29/21 03:14 AM
This is getting painful. Without Garland, we are struggling to make buckets. We started out strong, but really slowed down, and have now almost stopped.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/29/21 03:35 AM
Tough loss after leading 98% of the game.

More importantly, Rubio looks like he has a serious knee injury. Could not put any weight on it.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 12/29/21 10:44 PM
j/c...

Devastating.

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/29/21 10:51 PM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/30/21 12:47 AM
j/c...

Devastating.

Ugh. Just great.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/30/21 05:22 PM
So ... we almost certainly need a veteran PG wi5th Rubio out for the year. Do the Cavs make a trade, or do they go after a free agent, maybe Jeff Teague?
Posted By: Bird Re: Cavaliers - 12/30/21 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
That was fun to watch! We rained some three-pointers, hustled, played some D, and the BIG guy (Hall?) was fun fun to watch. Is he seven feet plus not sure how much extra. Crowd went wild as he managed to do more than I thought he might. I wanna see more. Go, Cavaliers!
Tacko Fall. He is an enormous human being. Iirc, he is 7’6” and weighs 315lbs. The crowd loves when he gets in games. He showed some rebounding skills.

Over at fearthesword.com you can get a lot of commentary and discussion of possible trades etc for the Cavs.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/31/21 03:29 AM
Not sure I am crazy about this one ...... but it is what it is .....

Lakers, Cavaliers discussing trade that would send Rajon Rondo to Cleveland, per report - CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...end-rajon-rondo-to-cleveland-per-report/

The Cleveland Cavaliers have been one of the best stories of this strange NBA season, and as the calendar turns to 2022 they sit in fifth place in the Eastern Conference at 20-14. But earlier this week they suffered a major loss when veteran point guard Ricky Rubio went down with a torn ACL that will keep him out for the rest of the season.

In need of another point guard -- in particular, a veteran to help with their young roster -- the Cavaliers have started trade talks with the Los Angeles Lakers about Rajon Rondo, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic. Per Charania, the discussion is "serious" and ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski added that the deal could be done as soon as Friday.

Rondo, who entered the league's health and safety protocols on Dec. 26, has struggled so far with the Lakers, putting up just 3.1 points and 3.7 assists per game on 32.4 percent shooting from the field and 26.7 percent shooting from 3-point land. At this stage of his career, he isn't the most exciting acquisition and will be a downgrade on Rubio. But the Cavaliers don't have too many options in the middle of the season, and Rondo would at least bring some similar qualities. He's still a capable defender who would fit in with the Cavaliers' defense-first style, and will always be able to run an offense.

But even if Rondo can bring some of the same skills, it will be difficult for him to replicate Rubio's impact. The Cavaliers have been much better with Rubio on the court this season.

There are also the intangibles that Rubio brings in terms of leadership and camaraderie.

"I think this team is so close, so it's like an extended family member goes down and it just pains you," Kevin Love said after Rubio was injured. "It just hurts to see anyone go down, but especially a guy like Ricky, who has been so consistent for us and brings so much to this team for so many different reasons."

If this deal does get completed, it will be interesting to see if the Cavaliers can remain at the top of the Eastern Conference playoff picture. They are also already without Collin Sexton for the season due to a torn meniscus, which will put extra responsibility on young guard Darius Garland to lead the way in the backcourt.

As for the Lakers, it's not surprising that they're looking to move Rondo. Not only has he played poorly this season, he doesn't fit on this roster. Moving him will open up a roster spot that they could use on another shooter or more frontcourt depth.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/31/21 04:15 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/31/21 04:45 PM
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 12/31/21 05:32 PM
don't like this trade, I hope they aren't thinking that a washed up 10 years ago rondo is going to replace Rubio. Rubio might be the best FA we've signed since lebron left. I think they'll probably move another piece at deadline to get a better quality starter. I like Valentine, I think he had more to show
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Cavaliers - 12/31/21 07:32 PM
Since Valentine will be cut by the Lakers, we can just re-sign him.
Posted By: Jester Re: Cavaliers - 12/31/21 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Since Valentine will be cut by the Lakers, we can just re-sign him.

Isn't there some rule that we have to wait some period of time? Created because we did exactly that with Ilgauskas?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 12/31/21 10:44 PM
Yep. Not to mention that we would have to cut someone else if we were allowed to bring him back.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/02/22 04:43 PM
Remember Kevin Porter Jr.? Remember how people lambasted the FO for basically dumping him?

Kevin Porter Jr. leaves arena midway through Rockets' loss to Nuggets after halftime outburst, per report - CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...gets-after-halftime-outburst-per-report/

Houston Rockets guard Kevin Porter Jr. left Toyota Center midway through Saturday's 124-111 loss to the Denver Nuggets after a halftime argument with assistant coach John Lucas II, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Tim MacMahon. The argument was the result of Lucas challenging multiple players, including Porter and Christian Wood, but it was Porter who lost his temper. He threw an object and left the arena from there, according to The Athletic's Shams Charania.

The Rockets announced that Porter was questionable to return in the second half due to a thigh injury, but it was the outburst and his decision to leave the arena that were truly responsible for his absence. Rockets head coach Stephen Silas did not mention Porter specifically after the game, but acknowledged that halftime was heated in his locker room.

"We had a spirited debate," Silas told reporters. "I have certain demands of this team as far as playing hard. ... I wasn't satisfied with the effort."

Wood, Houston's leading scorer, played only eight minutes and did not start, which Silas referred to as a "coach's decision." Wood missed a mandatory COVID-19 testing window, according to Charania, and his effort level is reportedly what prompted the argument between Lucas and Porter. Houston was outscored 47-24 in the second quarter, but mostly played the Nuggets evenly in the third and won the fourth 37-25.

Porter has had a number of personal problems during his basketball career. He was suspended by USC for "personal conduct issues" but still managed to get drafted No. 30 overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers. His time with them ended after an outburst following the team's decision to move his locker. The front office proceeded to trade him to Houston from there. Porter was arrested on suspicion of possessing a gun and marijuana in November 2020, but those charges were dropped, and he was also accused of punching a woman in August 2020, but he was not charged.

Saturday was just the latest incident in what has been a tumultuous career for Porter. The team has not announced any discipline for their young guard at this time.
Posted By: Jester Re: Cavaliers - 01/09/22 12:53 PM
‘The courage to be great’ and other things about Cavaliers – Terry Pluto’s Scribbles
Updated: Jan. 09, 2022, 5:08 a.m. | Published: Jan. 09, 2022, 5:08 a.m.

By Terry Pluto, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Scribbles in my notebook after the Cavs 114-101 victory over Portland Friday.

1. With this victory, the Cavs have a 22-17 record. The victories equal last season’s totals. Coach J.B. Bickerstaff didn’t pay much attention to that: “We don’t get caught up in the past. This is a different group. We stress taking care of the job in front of you.”

2. Bickerstaff knows he has something special developing. He is beginning to push the team harder. In this victory, he mentioned one possession where the Cavs gave up four offensive rebounds. There was another point in the game where they took too many quick shots.

3. Bickerstaff said: “We can’t get caught up in trying to outscore the other team. All year long, we have to rely on our defense. We are a defensive team first.”

4. More Bickerstaff; “We don’t have to take home run plays. We can take the singles. Get good shots, don’t turn the ball over (Cavs had only nine turnovers) ... it’s a good group effort.”

5. The Cavs entered the fourth quarter with an 82-78 lead. Bickerstaff was unhappy because the Cavs were being out-rebounded 42-29. But in that final 12 minutes, the Cavs controlled the boards, 14-9. They held Portland to 23 points and 33 percent shooting. The Cavs returned to the style of play that has made them the No. 3 defensive team in the NBA.

6. Then there was Darius Garland, who delivered 26 points on 10-of-17 shooting. Portland kept defending him by going under a pick – creating room for Garland to fire away from the outside. So he did, Garland was 5-of-8 from 3-point range.

7. Why would Portland defend Garland that way? The Blazers wanted to take away his drives to the basket, which either become lob passes for the Cavs’ big men or floating shots for two points thanks to Garland’s soft touch.

8. The Cavs will remain crazy-glued to their defense-first identity, but they also need someone to run their “one more pass” offense as Bickerstaff calls it. That someone is Garland. They need an outside shooting threat in the backcourt. That also is Garland. In his last 10 games, Garland is averaging 24.3 points, 6.5 assists while shooting .528 from the field and .400 on 3-pointers. He has made his last 38 free throws. He is playing at an All-Star level.

9. A key play is when Garland wanted to steal a fourth-quarter in-bounds pass. Portland’s Robert Covington caught the ball with Garland close by. Garland reached in, grabbed the ball away from Covington – drove to the basket and scored. That gave the Cavs a 108-96 lead with 2:08 left and seemed to break Portland’s will.

10. Bickerstaff on Garland: “He has the courage to make the play when it matters most. It’s the courage to take shots that may not be wide open – you have to create your own. It’s the courage great players have and we believe Darius is headed in that direction. He has room for improvement, but he has the courage to be great.”

11. Generally soft-spoken, Garland heard those comments and simply said: “The game is starting to come to me. I’m not forcing anything now.”

12. On to the big guys, starting with Jarrett Allen. The stats show him with 13 points, 13 rebounds and 5-of-6 shooting. They don’t show he was matched up most of the night with the massive Jusuf Nurkic. The 7-foot, 285-pounder is like a buffalo, bulling people out of the way and trying to dominate the paint. Nurkic is averaging 13.5 points and 10.1 rebounds. He scored 14, but was a dismal 5-of-17 from the field. Portland was outscored by 13 points when Allen and Nurkic were on the court together.

13. Along with Garland’s nine points in the fourth quarter, the other big hero down the stretch was Cedi Osman. He drilled 4-of-5 from 3-point range for 12 points in the final period. Off the COVID list, Osman was playing for the first time in three weeks (missing six games).

14. Bickerstaff said: “Cedi is our weapon. He is comfortable in the role coming off the bench. He is a threat capable of making shots.”

15. Osman’s career has been revived this season. He’s averaging 11.5 points in 23 minutes a game, shooting .456 from the field and .405 on 3-pointers.

16. They needed Osman on this night as Kevin Love had one of his first tough shooting games in more than month. He was 3-of-9 for eight points. He added seven rebounds and brings poise to the game even when he’s not scoring big.

17. Rajon Rondo made his first appearance. He brings many of the same qualities as the injured Ricky Rubio. Rondo can set up an offense. He moves the ball well. He is a pesky defender. In 17 minutes, he had five rebounds and three assists.

18. Rondo scored 11 points. He was effective driving and drawing fouls, 5-of-6 from the foul line. An iffy outside shooter, Portland didn’t defend Rondo away from the basket. Rondo kept shooting 3-pointers, mostly missing. He was 2-of-8 from long range. The Cavs don’t need Rondo taking as many 3-pointers as Garland. Surely Bickerstaff will talk to the veteran about that. But the rest of Rondo’s game will be a big plus to the Cavs.

19. Portland was without starting guards Damian Lillard and C.J. McCollum, two 20-point scorers who were injured. Former Cavaliers Larry Nance Jr. is out with a knee problem. In 23 minutes a game, he’s averaging 6.9 points and 5.6 rebounds for the Blazers.

20. Finally, there was rookie Evan Mobley continuing to not play like a rookie. He had 18 points and eight rebounds. In his last 10 games, Mobley is averaging 19.7 points, 7.5 rebounds and shooting .593 from the field. For Mobley and the Cavs, it’s on to Golden State for a Sunday night game.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2022...ut-cavaliers-terry-plutos-scribbles.html
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 01/11/22 04:17 AM

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 01/12/22 12:35 AM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 01/12/22 12:38 AM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Cavaliers - 01/12/22 01:18 AM
j/c:

Not even four months ago, fans were calling for his head. Altman was dealt a crappy hand like many Cleveland sports show-runners.

We'll see what the future holds.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 01/12/22 11:59 AM
I was going to say much the same. Not long ago most people thought Altman was a chump.

To me the biggest stat that can turn a game is offensive rebounds. The Cavs are near the top in that category. When you can win that battle night in and night out and get a 2nd chance at scoring, you are going to win the close games.

The Cavs are near the top in that department. Allen, Mobley, and Love are all excellent rebounders.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/13/22 04:16 AM
Cavs with a big win in Utah, 111-91.

Garland had a triple double, (with 15 assists!) and Mobley had a double double. (with 7 assists)

Nice win against a quality opponent, on their court.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 01/13/22 01:43 PM
j/c...

ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo
Tonight Darius Garland joined LeBron James as the only Cavaliers over the past 25 seasons to log a triple-double through 3 quarters.

Evan Mobley also became the first Cavaliers rookie with 15 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists in a game since LeBron James in 2003.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1481486154125955076

Serena Winters
@SerenaWinters
Let me tell you what makes this even sweeter.

Post-game, Darius said Love was intentionally boxing out certain guys so DG could get enough rebounds for his triple-doub!

The camaraderie of this team, man. It’s something special.

https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters/status/1481493538978373632
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 01/13/22 04:21 PM
Team is supposedly going to be active at trade deadline. I'm thinking this surprising run has got them thinking they could make some noise, which they def. can with the pieces we have. A couple moves really could help, First being able to defend perimeter, we give up a ton of 3's, that has to stop.. I think replacing Osman and Wade will go a long way to helping. Garland, love, mobley and Allen are huge this year. Getting Okoro back will help tremendously too.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 01/13/22 04:23 PM
j/c...

ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo
Tonight Darius Garland joined LeBron James as the only Cavaliers over the past 25 seasons to log a triple-double through 3 quarters.

Evan Mobley also became the first Cavaliers rookie with 15 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists in a game since LeBron James in 2003.

Serena Winters
@SerenaWinters

Post-game, Darius said Love was intentionally boxing out certain guys so DG could get enough rebounds for his triple-doub!

Couple times last night Love purposely tapped the rebound to Garland. Love has always been a good teammate. Glad to see him finally contributing this year. Its been rough for him last couple
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 01/13/22 04:29 PM
j/c...

ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo

Serena Winters
@SerenaWinters

And last year people thought him a bum.

We are finally using Love to his strengths.

When Bron and Kyrie were here, we heard them talking about how he spaced the floor. We kept him in a corner all game long when the reality of the deal is Love has been, and is one of the better rebounders in the league.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/15/22 03:58 AM
Cavaliers win again, to go 4-1 on this current West Coast swing. One more game to go at OKC tomorrow before returning home for one against the Nets.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 01/15/22 04:17 AM
Garland with 32. Allen with another double-double. Markkanen with quite the dunk. Cavs are a joy to watch.

Garland should be an All-Star.

Dunks....

https://twitter.com/BallySportsCLE/status/1482197979327049731
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Cavaliers - 01/15/22 04:21 AM
Why wont TNT or ESPN put Cavs games on?

It gets really frustrating because it seems like those channels only shows the same handful of teams.

And the Cavs are good and deserve airtime. flamingmad
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/15/22 04:30 AM
The Cavaliers were on NBA TV the other day, but they weren't on in Youngstown because we fall within their broadcast area ...... and even though DISH no longer carries the Cavaliers on Balley Sports ..... it doesn't matter .... it still gets blacked out. Ridiculous.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 01/15/22 05:30 PM

It gets really frustrating because it seems like those channels only shows the same handful of teams.

Probably because the NBA is a low rating deal, so they put on the games that have the best chance to have some sort of rating.

I won't watch a NBA game unless the Cavs are on...at least until the finals, and I think a lot of people feel the same in that they might watch their team, but not many else.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Cavaliers - 01/16/22 02:47 AM

The young Cavs are a fun team to watch. I also love watching Hockey and it's kind of the same thing. I have Fubo so it's a hit and miss.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 01/16/22 03:15 AM
j/c...

Cavs in a nail-biter right now. Garland is just playing out of his mind.

Great oop to Mobley to take the 4 point lead.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 01/16/22 03:16 AM
Markkanen with the dagger!!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/16/22 03:19 AM
Cavaliers finish up their road trip going 5-1. laugh
Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Cavaliers - 01/16/22 03:27 AM
Great come from behind win after being down 18. This team is so much fun to watch
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/16/22 03:28 AM
Also. just wanted to add that Mobley scored 20 .... Allen had a double double ..... and so did Garland, with 27 points and 18 (!) assists.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 01/16/22 02:03 PM
Also. just wanted to add that Mobley scored 20 .... Allen had a double double ..... and so did Garland, with 27 points and 18 (!) assists.

18 assists is the impressive number. Anybody who plays like him needs to have a high assist total. That is how you win games. He wouldn't have score at least 36 more points had he not dished and tried to score himself.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Cavaliers - 01/17/22 04:08 PM
Garland, when he’s on and clicking, is so impressive. He’s a high volume ball handler so we need him to be efficient when it counts
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/17/22 04:40 PM
Prior to the season, I read a few articles opining that the Cavaliers would probably keep Garland, and trade Sexton. I thought that was nuts.

Garland has definitely changed my mind. I thought that he might be a slightly lesser Sexton clone, a decent scorer, but not a whole lot more. Man, he has definitely changed my mind. I love being wrong in that regard.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 01/17/22 10:22 PM
j/c...

What a game!

Go Cavs
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/17/22 11:39 PM
5 wins in a row. Nice streak! Up to 4th in the East. laugh
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 01/18/22 12:58 AM
Question about Colin Sexton’s injury. He had surgery 11-21-21 on his left knee meniscus. Recovery time is 6 weeks to 3 months. Playoffs start 4-15-22, that would be almost 5 months, all reports have him out for the season. In the NBA can he come back or once your put on IR your done?

Oh yeah great game vs the Nets today. Love this team, and yes they are now 4th in the East
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 01/18/22 03:08 AM
Question about Colin Sexton’s injury. He had surgery 11-21-21 on his left knee meniscus. Recovery time is 6 weeks to 3 months. Playoffs start 4-15-22, that would be almost 5 months, all reports have him out for the season. In the NBA can he come back or once your put on IR your done?

Oh yeah great game vs the Nets today. Love this team, and yes they are now 4th in the East

Sounds like the plan is for him to completely recover and return to the NBA for the 2022-23. My guess is this was decided b/t the Cavs and Sexton's team as the best path moving forward given his contract status.

Have you planned a trip for a game yet? Good times! Heading again to see them play on 2/6.

https://sports.yahoo.com/collin-sexton-attacking-rehab-full-120317765.html?src=rss
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 01/18/22 03:36 PM
I'd really be surprised to see Sexton on the team next year, I think he will be moved for more wing help. Garland has flourished not having to share backcourt with Sexton, who is a pretty selfish player, i'm not sure how sexton's game fits in this new cavalier team.. Which might I say have been absolutely spectacular to watch what they've done this year. If anyone wants a blueprint in team basketball, look no further. I'd even say this is a better TEAM than the lebron years. We are a couple pieces away from true dominance. I think we need more consistent wing play, and another go to scorer off the bench and a backup PG that can keep the pressure offensively. Rubio was such a huge signing, He really helped Garland and we are still seeing the fruits of that now. JB has been so good this year, I like his demeanor and seems to get these guys up every night. Mobley and Allen are like the new twin towers. The biggest difference this year is consistency. They don't go on these stretches where they get down and stay there until they play a team that lets them up. This team comes out swinging every game. Bet ol Lebron was wishing he was here..which is funny because he'd fit in here because we have a hole in his position. But after his stat sheet checking during the game, its pretty clear he don't care about winning anymore.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/25/22 02:25 AM
1st let me say that yes, the Cavaliers were missing Markenen )injury) and Allen. (sickness)

However, 19 turnovers, and -4 in steals is just unacceptable. I "watched" the game on cbssports.com's gametracker, and it was really frustrating. Turnover after turnover, after mistake, after mistake.

They escaped the game with a 2 point win, but they really should have lost this one. They got lucky, but they need to play better than this.
Posted By: FATE Re: Cavaliers - 01/25/22 02:27 AM
Yep. But isn't it refreshing to play that bad and walk away with a win? Not making excuses, just so pleasantly surprised with the scope of this turnaround this season.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 01/25/22 02:38 AM
Sure is. They played good defense when they needed to. The Knicks could barely get the ball inbounds with 1.7 seconds left to get a shot off. Randle had to heave up about 35-40 footer that never had a chance.No Jarrett Allen and no Markkanen tonight either.

On a side note, I had Mobley over 15.5 points and he finished with 15 points. Making only 1-4 FTs in the minute, lol. <shrugs emoji>
Posted By: FATE Re: Cavaliers - 01/25/22 02:40 AM
Ouch. Go right back to him next game bro.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 01/25/22 02:02 PM
this team has 2 major weakness, FT shooting and making and defending the 3. The OK game we missed like 20FT, just can't have that . Teams are living and dying with the 3 against us because we are so good inside. Interesting to see what we do at deadline. We need wing help and a reliable backup PG that can help (thats not Rondo)
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 01/25/22 03:42 PM
There have been rumblings for awhile that the Cavs are targeting Caris LeVert.

Agree on additional help for Garland at the PG position.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 01/25/22 03:50 PM
LeVert would be a great signing, the less Cedi has to play the better, He's a huge hole in the lineup, a guy like LaVert would really elevate that starting unit. Most of the time they put Okoro in for defense, but you really need points from the 2 and we don't get that with either option.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 01/27/22 01:28 AM
j/c...

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/27/22 02:23 AM
Huge, huge win for the Cavaliers tonight against the Bucks, 115-99.

Man, this team is so resilient. We will jump the Bucks innthe standings with tonight's big win. laugh
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 01/27/22 02:23 AM
What a win! Stomped the Bucks after trailing by 10 early in the game.

Love and Cedi with a combined 48 points off the bench and hitting 11 threes.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 01/27/22 03:56 AM
Mobley and Allen were such huge pickups, so was Rubio...if rubio was still playing man this team Id pick to be in the ECF. I'm excited to see what Altman does at the deadline. This team is more fun to watch than the lebron era
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/27/22 06:00 AM
Cavaliers are up to 3rd in the EC, 1 game behind Chicago, and 1.5 behind Miami.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 01/27/22 12:52 PM
Mobley and Allen were such huge pickups, so was Rubio...if rubio was still playing man this team Id pick to be in the ECF. I'm excited to see what Altman does at the deadline. This team is more fun to watch than the lebron era

If he does much. I suppose we have some trade chips, but I wouldn't say many, and I wouldn't want to trade a draft pick.

To me, anybody worth trading for on this roster is a player who helps make the team what it has become.

To me you make roster moves at the deadline because you suck and know you have to build for the future, or you are a player away. We haven't proven anything yet except that we don't suck. I am not sure we are a player away. That statement also includes we may already have the players we need.

To me, if we make a move it will be to retool the bench a bit. I just don't know the roster well enough to know who we might want to trade. I know that Love has been talked about in trade, and we might want to trade due to money and future status, but he is probably the best 6th man in the league. I wouldn't want to trade him. Maybe we could part with Sexton, but being injured there would have to be a pretty good discount given on our part.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 01/27/22 03:03 PM
the talk is we are going to be active at the deadline, I can see us moving sexton. I think Osman might be someone we look to upgrade. He had a good game last night but for the most part he's basically an Andy Varejao type.. We def have a hole at the 2/3. Rubio is an attractive trade piece as well because of his contract. Thats only if they don't have long term plans for him.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 01/27/22 04:18 PM
I agree that both Sexton and Rubio could be used as trade pieces.

This is from the The Athletic discussing Boston moving Dennis Schroder....

As far as places to trade him, I think Cleveland is by far the most logical destination. The Cavs could trade Kevin Pangos, Ed Davis and the better of their own or Golden State’s 2023 second-round pick for Schröder and stay just under the tax; the same deal would keep Boston below the line.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 01/27/22 07:18 PM
j/c...

Good read.

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/29/22 05:19 AM
This worries me. lol

NBA Power Rankings: Suns keep dominating; Anthony Davis' return gives Lakers hope; Cavs taking league by storm - CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...lakers-hope-cavs-taking-league-by-storm/

#2: CAVALIERS Holy moly, Cleveland just keeps on rolling. Lauri Markkanen went down with an ankle injury and Jarrett Allen missed a game this week -- pfft, so what? Three more victories for the Cavs, including a statement win over the Bucks on Wednesday. Kevin Love stepped up with Markkanen and Allen out, putting up 22.5 points and 10 rebounds on 11-for-21 3-point shooting over the last two games. Darius Garland averaged 18.3 points and 10.3 assists in three games, while Evan Mobley added 15.3 points and 12 rebounds. The Cavs are a game and a half out of FIRST PLACE in the Eastern Conference. Let that sink in. 30-19
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 01/30/22 04:10 AM
This Raptors vs Heat game is really good, 3 OT’s, with the Raptors winning. And they play again on Tuesday night.

All 5 Raptors starters played over 50 minutes
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/30/22 04:25 AM
The Heat lose, anmd thus the Cavs move to 1.5 of 1st place. (and there is a total of 4 teams 1.5 or less back of Miami)
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/31/22 01:16 AM
2:24 left, and we're down 6 to Detroit ..... crazy
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/31/22 01:19 AM
Ugh. Down 9 with 1:01 left ..... to soon to be 12-37 Detroit.

Embarrassing.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/31/22 01:26 AM
Crap sports day so far. Bleh.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Cavaliers - 01/31/22 02:59 AM
Today was one of their worst losses thus far. I bet they took Detroit lightly
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 01/31/22 03:05 AM
Oh, I'm quite sure that they were riding high for the past few days after beating the Bucks so handily .....

I hope that this is a good lesson for them, that they cannot afford to take any teams lightly.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/01/22 01:39 AM
Oh boy ...... no Garland, (out with back) and we're losing to the Pelicans late in the 3rd. crazy sick

I was somewhat on the side of standing pat at the trade deadline, but this team definitely needs another reliable outside shooter. (or 2)
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/01/22 02:24 AM
Cavaliers got really lucky tonight, winning by 3. The defense was there, but the offense was MIA for much of the game.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/01/22 04:16 AM
all star break is sorely needed.. Team needs to relax and get ready for second half
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 02/01/22 05:50 PM
Out of all the names I’m hearing, Eric Gordon, Chris Levert, Dennis Schrouder, what’s the best option? Just don’t want to give up ‘22’s first round pick (one more piece to finish this build, I hope), Or any of these, Garland, Sexton, Allen, Markaneen, Okoro, or Mobley. We have a lot of 2nd’s, ‘23 1st round pick, Rubio’s expiring deal, and the injury deal on Rubio.

Don’t know where I read it, here, twitter, facebook, bleacher report, but I thought Garland and Sexton despised each other, lol. After watching the last 3 or 4 games with Sexton on the bench, there is no way, they are always laughing together, hugging, high fiving, talking, I know if I don’t like a co-worker I’m stayed away from them, no interaction at all unless I have to.

I think Sexton stays and signs a team friendly deal like Allen.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/01/22 05:58 PM
most like Sexton the person, but hate playing with him because he's selfish... atleast that was the reports. Any move made will more than likely include sexton and/or Rubio.. and maybe some type of future draft capital.. I think the core is untouchable, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but that includes Love. He's been invaluable off the bench. Only way he goes if another all star coming back or he decides he wants out. I don't think he does
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Cavaliers - 02/01/22 06:02 PM
I'm really proud of Kevin Love. He stuck with the team through all the sucking and now gets to be with us as winners again.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/02/22 01:39 AM
j/c...

Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/03/22 02:10 AM
Horrible game tonight so far, getting schooled by a 14 win team. This team is going the wrong direction. We have to shoot FT better and we still can’t defend the 3.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/03/22 03:16 AM
No Garland is really, really problematic.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/03/22 08:19 PM
They have noone that can run the offense...Rondo is just done. Garland is def an all star when you look at how horrible we are when he's not playing.. He's having to play tons of minutes because theres absolutely nothing behind him. I think this will be addressed at the deadline. A guy like Gordon would work if Houston wants to move him
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/04/22 03:55 AM
j/c...

Happy for Garland. This teams goes as he goes.

Posted By: EveDawg Re: Cavaliers - 02/04/22 03:56 AM
Congrats Garland!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/05/22 02:27 AM
j/c...

What a game! Crazy way to end it.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/05/22 02:47 AM
What a night for Jarret Allen .... 29 points and 22 boards. crazy

We lose 2 of 3 to a string of the worst teams in the NBA, then beat a playoff contender. Crazy.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/05/22 04:52 AM
hopefully Allen makes the ASG, he's every bit deserving as Garland. Game was crazy pace..Also one of the worst calls by a ref I've ever seen in any sport. That has to be a fine/punishment for that ref.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 02/06/22 03:40 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Cavaliers - 02/06/22 09:48 PM

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/06/22 09:51 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
LeVert is thrilled with the chance to return to his Ohio home and join an emerging contender with Cavs. He gives Cleveland a significant wing player who'll be eligible for an extension this summer. Pacers get Cavs first-round pick and a Houston second that'll be in low 30's.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1490439151157719045
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/06/22 11:38 PM
That’s a great move and sorely needed. This team without Garland have no offensive bite. Tonight’s game shows how bad guys like okoro and osman are. Getting a legit wing will really open the floor
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/07/22 12:01 AM
Rondo showing up big tonight
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/07/22 12:06 AM
Mobley is straight trash tonight. Just erratic. Def needs the break. Allen not making the all star game just proves its a dumb marketing event.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/07/22 01:12 AM
j/c...

Cavs are shooting lights out now. 19-0 run.

Kevin Love playing out of his mind.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/07/22 01:22 AM
Love,osman, and rondo have gone off
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/07/22 01:30 AM
It’s crazy to watch these guys, how much more of a team top to bottom they act than any point Lebron was here. Fun to watch these guys get after it for each other
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/07/22 01:33 AM
From being down 20 to winning by 13.

Heading up to the game on Wednesday. Can't wait!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/07/22 01:44 AM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/07/22 01:52 AM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/07/22 01:55 AM
Just amazing that we didn't have to give up anywhere near the reported price. (significant player plus 2 1sts)

I also saw a report that even if he's traded, Rubio wants to come back here.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/07/22 08:36 PM
thumbsup

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/08/22 06:11 PM
CJ McCollum trade: Pelicans get star guard, Portland's return includes Josh Hart, first-round pick, per report - CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...s-josh-hart-first-round-pick-per-report/

The Portland Trail Blazers are finalizing a deal to send CJ McCollum to the New Orleans Pelicans for a package centered around Josh Hart and draft compensation, according to The Athletic's Shams Charania. McCollum has spent his entire eight-year career sharing the Blazers backcourt with Damian Lillard, but is now set to move on to a New Orleans team desperate for his scoring punch.

It's a seven-player deal in total, with the Pelicans also receiving Larry Nance Jr. and Tony Snell, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The Blazers are getting Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Tomas Satoransky and Didi Louzada in the deal. The Pelicans will also receive New Orleans' 2022 first-round pick (with protections) and two future second-round selections, per Wojnarowski.

Pelicans acquire: CJ McCollum, Larry Nance Jr., Tony Snell
Blazers acquire: Josh Hart, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Tomas Satoransky, Didi Louzada, 2022 first-round pick (protected), two future second-round picks

The move is just the latest part of a teardown from interim Portland GM Joe Cronin. The Blazers traded Robert Covington and Norman Powell to the Los Angeles Clippers to help duck the luxury tax last week, and now, they're giving up a franchise icon in yet another step toward a rebuild. McCollum averaged 19 points per game in his eight seasons in Portland, but he never got the Blazers beyond the Western Conference Finals. Now, they appear to be retooling.

The Pelicans may be near the bottom of the Western Conference standings (they enter Tuesday in 10th, a half-game ahead of the Blazers), but they have acted as buyers throughout this trading period in an attempt to build a winning roster for the eventual return of Zion Williamson. When Williamson -- who's missed the entire season to date with a foot issue -- does make it back to the floor, McCollum and Brandon Ingram will give him a strong group of supporting scorers, but beyond that, McCollum's presence will balance out the young roster with another veteran presence. Williamson will be eligible for a contract extension this offseason, and rumors have persisted that he might hesitate to sign it. McCollum is proof that the Pelicans are serious about putting a winner around him and keeping him happy in New Orleans.
Posted By: Swish Re: Cavaliers - 02/09/22 02:52 PM
jc

really happy with our squad. is it bad for me to admit that it feels even better knowing that lebron and the lakers are an absolute dumpster fire right now?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/09/22 03:38 PM
j/c...

Now I kind of want to get tickets to the All Star Celebrity game with Myles playing. Couple that with Dan Cortese, Bill Bellamy and Downtown Julie Brown and I'm there!

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/09/22 09:46 PM
Hope he's able to go tonight....

Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Cavaliers - 02/09/22 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Swish
jc

really happy with our squad. is it bad for me to admit that it feels even better knowing that lebron and the lakers are an absolute dumpster fire right now?

Nope, it’s wonderful.

Random thought:
I just hope they rest Mobley enough so he doesn’t hit the rookie wall.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 02/09/22 11:53 PM
As of 6:45, it looks like Garland will start. Levert will come off the bench tonight. I think they were just resting Garland in a supposed weak 4 or 5 games.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/10/22 03:32 AM
Fun game to be at tonight and great crowd LeVert's going to fit in well with this team. Mobley played aggressive basketball. Garland was back and nearly had 30. Love was off shooting tonight, but made it up on the boards. Allen had himself his usual double-double.

Cavs got down early and Bickerstaff was about to call out a timeout when Garland waived him off and the proceeded to knock down a three.

Love to see the excitement the city has for for these guys right now.

Go Cavs!

Posted By: EveDawg Re: Cavaliers - 02/10/22 03:33 AM
I'm so excited to attend the Cavs game here in the ATL next week! Woo!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/10/22 06:19 PM
j/c...

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Cavaliers - 02/10/22 06:32 PM
Wow.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/10/22 06:41 PM
that is waaaay too much for harden
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Cavaliers - 02/10/22 06:54 PM
Both teams got way better. Also, Daryl Morey was right all along.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 02/11/22 04:06 PM
Posted By: Swish Re: Cavaliers - 02/11/22 04:57 PM
uh, man im having trouble understanding how ben simmons will make the nets better.

i get the trade and such when it comes to harden and simmons, im just talking pure basketball. with kyrie still being a part-time employee, i dont see how this makes the nets better.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/11/22 06:24 PM
I think that he gives them a versatile shot creator. He can slot in anywhere from 1-3, and that's important when Kyrie can't play because of his vac status.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 02/11/22 11:03 PM
No Garland tonight. Hope he plays vs the Sixers tomorrow night.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/12/22 01:31 AM
We better hope we can find another scorer/backup PG in the buyout market, because we are nothing even like the same team without Garland.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/12/22 02:17 AM
j/c...

Cavs storming back. Take the lead.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/12/22 02:30 AM
Unreal comeback win. laugh
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/12/22 02:31 AM
This team is something else. Such a bummer for all those that don't have Bally's.

Cavs down 20+ and comeback and win it without Garland.

Big game from LeVert.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/12/22 02:32 AM
It's really not the same "watching" the game on the CBS Sports Game Center. crazy
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Cavaliers - 02/12/22 02:35 AM
All I have is "Pin Live Score"

Good win Cavs!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/12/22 02:37 AM
It's really not the same "watching" the game on the CBS Sports Game Center. crazy

That's bonkers!....and dedicated.

You should be able to at least listen on WTAM via the Cavs mobile app. I would assume Youngstown would still be considered in-market.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/12/22 03:07 AM
I am not sure, but I wouldn't think they are.

I don't know if 1390 am is online or not. That's the local Cavs station.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/13/22 01:15 AM
Cavs need to figure out this coming out of the gate and getting their face beat in. Not always going to be able to come back. Have a feeling this game going to be a woodshed kinda game. I still think we needed more firepower at deadline. Hopefully markkanen gets back soon
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/13/22 01:19 AM
Still don’t know how ball is an all star and Allen isnt
Posted By: Swish Re: Cavaliers - 02/13/22 02:33 AM
bigger virus: irving or harden?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/13/22 02:40 AM
Welp ... not looking good for the road team tonight.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/13/22 03:15 AM
This team still needs more offense, we’ve had the benefit of a easy schedule. We still allow teams to shoot crazy percentage of 3’s. Our bigs completely got it handed to them tonight. Break coming at a good time
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/13/22 03:49 AM
Actually, we have had one of the harder schedules, at least up to a coupleweeks ago.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/13/22 04:22 AM
not really, we have the 18th hardest schedule, and after the break we have the 21st. So we will def. make playoffs, just depends if we can generate enough offense and defend better
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/14/22 07:01 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/14/22 09:42 PM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/14/22 10:19 PM

Well deserved.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/15/22 02:03 PM
j/c...

this will be big, he brings alot to both ends
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Cavaliers - 02/16/22 03:54 AM
So I was at the game. First time I got to see them play all season. They looked very pedestrian. They are going to have to learn defense if they plan on attending the playoffs.

Hawks outplayed them on both sides of the ball.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/16/22 02:06 PM
yep, i've been able to watch a few more games than earlier, this team isn't really that good. Def. not making any noise once in playoffs when you can't beat atlanta. Altman didn't do enough. Levert has been meh, and we still can't defend the 3 or PNR. Offense doesn't have any consistency. Looks like they are coming back to the mean after playing above their ability earlier in the year. Good new is after the break the schedule is easy and hopefully getting LM back.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 02/20/22 12:55 PM

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Cavaliers - 02/21/22 01:54 AM
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/21/22 06:50 PM
Absolutely no surprise here ....

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265909/Cavaliers-Waive-Kevin-Pangos

The Cleveland Cavaliers have waived point guard Kevin Pangos. Pangos joined the Cavs this offseason after playing the first six seasons of his career overseas.

Multiple reports from Europe say that Pangos has an agreement to sign with CSKA Moscow after he clears waivers in the NBA. That'll be a return to Russia for the Gonzaga product, as Pangos previously played for Zenit Saint Petersburg.

Pangos has also played for top clubs in Spain and Lithuania.

In playing for the Cavaliers, Pangos fulfilled a personal goal of making it to the NBA. As one of the top guards in Europe, Pangos had stated he hoped to eventually make the jump to the NBA.

As for Cleveland, they'll now have an open roster spot. That could allow the Cavs to add veteran help for their young roster, as they pursue a playoff run.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/21/22 07:05 PM
There was a lot of talk of Lebron returning to the Cavaliers for the 23-24 season, after his contract with the Lakers expires. With al due to his talent and legend, there is only one way I would bring him back .... and that is if he coes with a contract that doesn't blow up our core. If we have to give up 2 of Allen, Garland, LeVert, or Mobley (to fit his contract that would have to be somewhere in the $45 million range) .... then I am not at all for bringing home a 39 year old Lebron.
Posted By: FATE Re: Cavaliers - 02/21/22 07:21 PM
I'll pass. It would be different if we didn't have this great core and were just meandering. Then I might be okay with LBJ coming back, recruiting his buddies and destroying our cap for "one last ride".

LeBron feels too much of a need to play GM, "coming home" would mean bowing to his every whim for what kind of team he wants, and who he wants to play next to.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 02/22/22 12:33 AM
I wouldn't mind if he came back, but no way would I like to see "the core" destroyed. I also agree he would have to tone down demands.

I also heard him say something about wanting to play with his son. It sounded like draft his son as a package deal. I guess his kid is good, but I don't know about that.

It's not like Jr. has been brought up in poverty. If I was LeBron, I think I would want my kid to experience the college game and all that goes with that. Things he didn't. It sounds to me that LeBron wants his kid jumping to the pro's for his own selfish reasons.

JMO
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 02/22/22 01:27 PM
Pass on Lebron, he's jilted us enough, he can ring chase elsewhere. It was great to finally win one, so now thats out of the way, we can built something sustainable here. I think he'd ruin all the chemistry they've built.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 02/22/22 02:32 PM
No doubt a risk, but a risk you take with anyone to some degree, but I understand, he couldn't come in here thinking it's his team.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Cavaliers - 02/23/22 05:52 PM
j/c:

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Cavaliers - 02/24/22 03:18 PM

Milk, I'll see you there. smile
Posted By: Dave Re: Cavaliers - 02/24/22 04:11 PM
I heard some talk on the radio that there might be a plan for something similar in the upper deck in right field at Progressive Field currently inhabited by those attractive shipping containers.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/24/22 04:20 PM
Well, no Garland or LaVert tonight, and maybe no on Markenen as well .... though no word yet.

We play Detroit, which probably played into things .. but we have to be careful because a team witout 3 of their top 5 can't afford to get over-confident.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Cavaliers - 02/24/22 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Dave
I heard some talk on the radio that there might be a plan for something similar in the upper deck in right field at Progressive Field currently inhabited by those attractive shipping containers.

Anything would be better than those containers. ANYTHING.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/25/22 10:23 PM
j/c...

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/25/22 10:44 PM
Ugh. Rondo and LeVert out 2 weeks. Who knows on Garland.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Cavaliers - 02/26/22 02:51 AM
Well Garland is already listed out for tomorrow’s game. Cavs signed Tim Frazier (who) to a 10 day contract. There has got to be a NBA caliber pg somewhere, Tim Frazier???????? Delly maybe?
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Cavaliers - 02/26/22 11:55 AM
Sign some shooters. We looked bad in the loss.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/26/22 04:06 PM
We need to make every player take about 200 free throws per day. Against Detroit, a team we had no business losing to, we shot only 67% from the charity stripe. (23-34) We hit 4 more of the freebies, and we win the game. Our defense also let us down, as we allowed a bad Detroit team to score 106 points.

Going back before the break, and we allowed Atlanta to score 124. 124. crazy

I agree that we need someone who can put the ball in the basket at a reasonable rate .... but we cannot let who we are slip either. I don't know who we are going to find out there, sitting at home waiting for a call, who can be considered a great shooter, but we can get back to that tough, defensive mindset that has carried us all season long.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cavaliers - 02/27/22 12:49 AM
I agree on D. Limiting a team by 10 more points a game is as good as scoring 10 more. Add in a better free throw percentage and you are going to win a lot of games. Don't look around for things you don't have. Get better at what you have.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 02/27/22 03:27 AM
Nice bounce back win for the Cavaliers tonight.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/27/22 04:52 AM
Great crowd, too!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Cavaliers - 02/27/22 01:41 PM
Why, thank you! We did our best.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Cavaliers - 02/27/22 01:50 PM
I hope Garland can come back soon because Goodwin was pretty tough to watch. After a while, Cedi was running the point.....also not fun to watch.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 02/27/22 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Nice! Good game to go to. #LetEmKnow 😀

I’m heading to the game on Monday.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Cavaliers - 03/01/22 01:52 AM
This team is going backwards. It’s be hard for me going into next season counting on garland. Dude is a little fragile daisy. Can play in all star game but not in the ones that count.. and levert come on. Altman should have brought more help with the way this team gets injured. Derailed a promising season
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cavaliers - 03/01/22 02:50 AM
Injuries happen.

We started with Garland, Sexton, and Rubio as our top 3 PG. We lost 2 of those to season ending injury, and Garland is hurt. We traded for Rajon. He's now hurt. We traded for LeVert, and he's hurt. That's 5 Guards down. That's a lot to overcome.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Cavaliers - 03/01/22 03:11 AM
Back injuries take a long time to heal and they are very painful. Personally I feel they should just sit him until the playoffs.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Cavaliers - 03/01/22 04:06 AM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Nice! Good game to go to. #LetEmKnow 😀

I’m heading to the game on Monday.

Jeers: Cavs loss.

Cheers: Terminal Tower.

© DawgTalkers.net