DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: PastorMarc MLB Playoffs - 10/07/21 09:22 PM
Who You Got?

GO GIANTS smile
Posted By: Dave Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/07/21 09:45 PM
What I'd like to see is a Tampa - Milwaukee WS. What I *think* we'll see is LA vs Houston.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/07/21 10:52 PM
I think Dodgers vs Astros
Posted By: jaybird Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/08/21 12:19 AM
Go Stros!
Posted By: Dave Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/08/21 12:56 AM
And try not to cheat this time. wink poke
Posted By: jaybird Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/08/21 01:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Dave
And try not to cheat this time. wink poke

"if you ain't cheatin.... you ain't tryin..." Bill Belichick
Posted By: lampdogg Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/08/21 03:26 AM
There’s not one team remaining that I would enjoy seeing win the 2021 World Series.
Posted By: bigdatut Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/10/21 11:43 AM
I hope it ends up being Rays vs. Giants and the Rays win it all.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/12/21 02:16 PM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
There’s not one team remaining that I would enjoy seeing win the 2021 World Series.

I like both the Braves and Rays.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/12/21 02:21 PM
Rays were eliminated, so now you’re down to ATL
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/12/21 11:32 PM

I could say that every April.
Posted By: Dave Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/13/21 12:19 AM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

I could say that every April.

You usually DO say that every April. So effing what?
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/13/21 01:26 AM

I am thrilled to the bone.

The Braves won. I have lived here since 1978 minus five years in Reno.

Great game. Freddie Freeman.

The Braves were under 500 till August. They had not won two in a row. Incredible trades brought some HR hitters this after losing Acuna and Ozuna for the year.

Wow we play the winner of tonights game.

I doubt we have much of a chance against either.

I am just thrilled to still be playing.
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/13/21 11:14 AM

Woke up this morning still have goosebumps. What a damn baseball game.

Baseball goes deep into my core. It was my best sport. I played it and coached it.

Post season baseball can be so dramatic. Every pitch can become huge.

Yesrerdays game was such a great game. Brilliant defensive plays. Great pitching moments.

A really infuriating call that was wrong and called unreviewable.

Tie game bottom of the eighth and Freddie Freeman goes yard against Hader.

WOW
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/13/21 11:38 AM
Congrats bone! I’ll pull for the Braves over the NL west for sure
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/13/21 12:52 PM

Thanks.

They will no doubt be the underdogs.

But that is ok. I know that the Dodgers and Giants are both great teams. I mean 107 wins and 106 wins.

The Braves won 88.

Baseball is not predictable. It just isn't. Guys get hot and cold. A no name player can go off. A great defensive play can change a game. A pitcher can get into a zone.

I have seen it all. I coached 100 games a year for ten years.

I have followed the game most of my life.

Strange things can happen.

So, we have a chance. I never thought the Braves would be here. I gave up when Acuna went down.

They played great baseball when it counted most.

So, bring it on. One pitch at a time.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/14/21 02:00 AM
Congrats to your team Bone. I’m happy your teams still in the race.

Hope the Braves or SF wins it.

I agree with your post. Doesn’t matter if you squeak into the playoffs or make it easily. All it takes is a few solid to great pitching outings and a couple players to catch fire and next thing u know…your in the WS.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/14/21 02:11 AM
Hell, part of the players catching fire isn’t really necessary. Just a clutch hit or two by any random player.

An example most of us can relate to being attached to the Tribe: Tony Peña hitting the walk-off in 95 game 1 ALDS.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/14/21 09:44 AM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I am thrilled to the bone.

I doubt we have much of a chance against either.

I have followed the Braves since the mid-70's. The only time I have not rooted for them was in the WS when they played the Indians.

I don't buy not having much of a chance. The beauty of baseball is every team has a realistic chance on any given day.

Remember, we only have to play one of the Dogger or Giants. Not both back to back. Odds makers deal of odds and chances of winning. The way I see it is the odds are even.
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/14/21 11:36 AM

Baseball can no doubt produce some strange happenings.

The shorter the series the crazier. Garrit Cole sure fell apart when needed most.

Seven games though usually reveals the stronger team because the full depth of the team gets exposed.

In the NLDS the Braves relief pitchers pitched very well. That was not the case for most of the season.

The Braves lineup is as good as any team. Max Fried is a true ace. Morton is solid and can be dominant. Anderson is capable and can be outstanding.

After that ??

Now Soler has covid. Apparently, unvaccinated because he was tested and vaccinated players are not tested.

He was playing well and now is likely to miss this series.

Even though the Giants won the division and won 107 games. I would rather face them.

The Dodgers are really good. Their starters are all great. Braves lineup is just has good but there is no doubt that the Dodgers have the edge in pitching.

Baseball can be strange and the best team does not always win.

I will be locked in. I love this Braves team. They have shown great heart. They played some great ball when it really counted.

Ya never know.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/14/21 01:08 PM
Go Giants today!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/14/21 09:25 PM
Go Giants Beat LA ...
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/14/21 09:38 PM

Advantage Giants. Dodgers are starting a reliever.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/15/21 09:44 AM
Dodgers vs Braves
Red Sox vs Astros
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/15/21 11:44 AM
The deal with a 7 game series is you only need two pitchers to get hot. Even 1 if you can steal another game.

I like Fried and Mortons chances of getting us to 3 wins.

That said, if you run in to a buzzsaw against the other teams pitchers...well, it is what it is.

All boiled down I give the Braves the advantage in the bullpen, and that is where this series will be won or lost.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/15/21 01:04 PM
If I bet on baseball, I�d bet for the series to go 6-7 games. That seems like easy money between these two IMO
Posted By: bigdatut Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/15/21 02:21 PM
Go Dodgers. Go Red Sox.

I hope the NLCS is decided in 3 because the Braves have been dominated so thoroughly that they just figure why bother with Game 4.
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/15/21 08:47 PM
The Dodgers are really good. They have big time starters. They have a run producing lineup.

And they have a good pen.

Most analysts pick the Dodgers in six.

All that does not mean much. You play the game?

Max Fried is really good. The Braves have to win the games he starts. Morton and Anderson are capable of pitching great.

But they are not lock down guys.

The Braves lineup is as good as any team at scoring. The big weakness until recently is the pen.

Close games go to the pen.

I will be all Braves till the end. Good team that has got hot when it was the right time.

Go Bravos.
Posted By: Dave Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/15/21 09:47 PM
I have no particular feeling for the Dodgers or the Giants, but I agree with TV announcer Brian Anderson when he said "you just can't make that call" after the checked swing was ruled strike 3 to end the entire series. Umps always want to make it about them any more it seems, but nobody paid money to come and watch umpires decide games.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/16/21 01:26 AM
Red Sox take an early lead
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/18/21 01:02 PM
WOW!!

Back to back walk offs.

Rosario had a game for the ages. Four for five.

His slide in the eighth was perfecto.

Riley having a career year.

Braves took down their best pitchers. Scherzer, Urias, and Jansen.

Damn, it feels good. The Dodgers came to Atlanta thinking we got this. Not so fast.

Last year we had them down 2-0 then 3-1. They beat us three straight.

So, I know all the % stuff; it went out the door.

We need to finish them.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/18/21 01:45 PM
Play every game like you have to win the game when you are ahead. When behind as the Dodgers are, just win the nest game. You don't have to win 2 games.

When coaching, I always told my guys to just win this inning.
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/18/21 04:43 PM
This so exciting to even be in this position.

I was born in Willowick right on the lake. Both my father and mother were Indian's fans from the Feller era when the Tribe had some great teams.

We moved to Harrisburg, Pa. when I was three and lived there 10 years before moving back.

My first baseball glove was a Warreen Spahn model. The only baseball I got to see was Home Run Derby.
I became a Braves fan when they were in Milwaukee because I loved their uniforms and Hammering Hank. I moved to Atlanta during the Dale Murphy era.

Then coached ten years for East Cobb. My son was a very high prospect. I met lots of Braves people.
Ned Yost's son caught my son.

In 1995 when the Braves played the Tribe in the WS. I was conflicted. I saw that Braves team come together from the minors.
But I had strong Indian roots. I wanted both teams to win.

This Braves team I had given up on when they were below 500 and Acuna tore up his knee. But the GM went and got.
Adam Duval, Rosario, Soler and Pederson. They Braves took off.
I am jacked up for the Braves.

And really disapponted in the Browns.

Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/18/21 05:31 PM
Bone I hope your Braves win it all. I don't like any of the teams left except them. Besides the Braves haven't won the WS since when ? 1995 ?
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/18/21 05:36 PM
This is such a fun team to root for.

The classic underdogs who won the least games. Almost everyone picked the Dodgers and when you are the defending champs and you win 106 games. Of course the Braves are underdogs.

But they have the mojo and it is great fun to watch.
Posted By: Dave Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/18/21 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Bone I hope your Braves win it all. I don't like any of the teams left except them. Besides the Braves haven't won the WS since when ? 1995 ?

That long, huh? Pikers. For most of us in Cleveland, its been our whole life. Not that I'm bitter ...

But seriously, I won't mind if the Braves win, because at least I know Bone and Ballpeen will be happy. Its not like I care about any of the other teams still contending anyway. Plus, it makes me happy to think about that assmunch Commissioner Manfred's head exploding every time Braves' fans do the tomahawk chop while singing the war chant.
Posted By: FATE Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/18/21 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Dave
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog

That long, huh? Pikers. For most of us in Cleveland, its been our whole life. Not that I'm bitter ...

But seriously, I won't mind if the Braves win, because at least I know Bone and Ballpeen will be happy. Its not like I care about any of the other teams still contending anyway. Plus, it makes me happy to think about that assmunch Commissioner Manfred's head exploding every time Braves' fans do the tomahawk chop while singing the war chant.
Seems like more than enough reasons to root for them.

Let's go Braves!!
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/18/21 07:47 PM
Thanks guys.

Baseball in October is way to cool.

I played the big three sports. But baseball was my best game. I loved to play that game. Could not get enough.

If there was a sport I dreamed about being great at. It was baseball. I can not think of a better way to make a living than going to a ballyard everyday.

I loved coaching the game. I coached kids from 5 to 16. Close to a hundred games a year. Great fun.

Hectic working and running to the park. Getting home after dark only to rinse and repeat.

Penn knows about East Cobb baseball. Google it. Number one youth baseball program in the US according Baseball America.

East Cobb Baseball has produced maybe 50 or more major league players. I saw many as 15 years olds.

Buster Posey, Jeff Francouer, Dexter Fowler, Jason Heyward, Brandon Phillips, Nick Markakis, Brian McCann just to name a few.

Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/18/21 11:20 PM
The Braves are like my Cardinals in 2006. They only won 83 games but they got hot in the playoffs and beat the heavily favored Mets and then the Tigers in the WS. SWEET!!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/19/21 12:51 PM
Feels like Braves/Sox is destiny
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/19/21 03:15 PM
I would love that.

Astros do not deserve to be a part of this.

Braves /Sox would be cool. Braves used to be in Boston.

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/20/21 11:24 AM
I hope so. For the Braves, giving up a 4 spot in the 8th inning is a good way to kick momentum out of your dugout in to the other.

Go Braves.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/20/21 11:38 AM
Both series seemed to be “saved” yesterday. Momentum shifted to even things up
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/21/21 12:54 PM
Rosario is going off batting 588 with two 4 hit games.

This Braves team is resilient. After a tough loss giving up a 4 run lead in the 8th and losing the game.

They come back and pound the Dodgers beating their 20 game winner. Hitting 4 home runs.

Now Max Fried our ace is going . He doesn't look like Glavine or throw the same but there are similarites in their demeanor and mound presence.
Both have that ice blood. They don't rattle.

It still is not over. Last year was the same the Braves were up 2-0 and then 3-1 just like now. And the Dodgers came back and won three straight.

So, all the odds I never buy. Because the odds change when it happens.

We have to go out there and beat these guys. Send them off to vacation land.

Somehow this feels different than last year. First the Dodgers had home field advantage. Now we do.

Also the Dodgers IMO had the edge in mindset. They felt they were the better team and were confident.

They don't look that way in this series. They know it should be over. Only Bellinger hitting a crazy high fastball for a three run homer saved them from being swept in four.

Still need the dagger to finish them but I am feeling we can do this.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/21/21 02:00 PM
It is never over until it's over. The Dodgers can win one game at a time. They don't have to win 3 at one time.
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/22/21 04:18 PM
All the momentum talk is BS.

I was surprised Max did not pitch better. Since mid-August he has been the best pitcher in the NL.

We got beat period.

Now we have Anderson against Scherzer. Scherzer is a gamer. Ultra competitive guy. great pitcher.

Last game he pitched. He complained his arm was dead. We got to him and he did not complain about being taken out.
Normally he hates coming out.

I have no idea how he will feel Saturday?

Ian Anderson will go for the Braves. He is capable of pitching great. However, as a young guy. He is not always consistent.

It could go either way.

Even though Braves lead 3-2 in the series. I see this at this point as 50/50.

Just want one more win.
Posted By: Dave Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/22/21 05:15 PM
Even at home, Scherzer and Buehler are a tough row to hoe, but the Braves are a good hitting team and they did hit both guys pretty well earlier in the series. (Although Dave Roberts' blockhead idea of starting Lux in CF almost blew up in his face.) I still think the Braves should win the NL. Just gotta stay loose. Like Margaret Thatcher said "This is no time to go wobbly, George.".
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/23/21 12:30 PM
Scherzer will not pitch.

I read that this morning. Yesterday I told a friend he was scheduled to pitch.

But, he left the last game with what he described as a dead arm. And that when a guy like him says that. All is not well.

So, I am not surprised that he has been scratched.

I gave up a long time ago trying to play fortune teller. Baseball is a weird game. Unpredictable.

Pro players have played games starting at a early age. You are accustomed to winning and losing. You tied up your spikes and go play today's game

.It is to bad that the Astros won the ALCS. Honestly what they did. The penalty was not severe enough.
I hate that they are in the World Series.

If the Braves are fortunate enough to win the NLCS. I hope they sweep the Astros.
Posted By: Dave Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/23/21 01:03 PM
Yeah, I just read that too. Looks like a bullpen game for the Dodgers. I'm not happy about the Astros getting to the WS either, but its better than seeing the Red Sox along with their spoiled, entitled fan base going for yet another championship in another sport. There's a whole generation of New England sports fans who grew up believing the championships just go with the scenery up there. Added plus: I still root for ex-Indian Michael Brantley.
Posted By: Dave Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/23/21 02:42 PM
Dodgers are starting Walker Buehler on short rest.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/32454830/los-angeles-dodgers-max-scherzer-start-game-6-nlcs
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/23/21 03:18 PM
Astros punch their ticket. Looking forward to game 6
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/24/21 04:10 AM
WOW. The Braves are going to the World Series.

Eddie Rosario MVP of the NLCS.

Tyler Matzek delivers. 7th.

Nobody out. Men on second and third. 4-2.

He strikes out three. HUGE
Posted By: bigdatut Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/24/21 01:36 PM
Blah, what an awful World Series from my personal perspective.

Baseball season is officially over.
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/24/21 01:48 PM
enjoy
Posted By: EveDawg Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/24/21 03:43 PM
Go Braves!
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/24/21 03:51 PM
Glad the Braves won and the Red Sox LOST!!!!!
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/24/21 05:08 PM
There are many very cool stories within the Braves.

Brain Snitker was a not so good player in the Braves minor league in 1977. In 1980 they told him he would never make it but they thought he might become a good manager.

He spent the last 36 years in the minors. In 2016 he was named interim manager. In 2017 they named him the manager. Bobby Cox was his mentor.

=============================================================================================

Tyler Matzek the lefty reliever who saved the season. .

For years, he battled his mechanics and his penchant for feeling sorry for himself. When he rolled an ankle in spring training 2015 and found himself suddenly unable to throw strikes, he quit on himself.

“All I had was fear,” he said. “That put me into a freeze mindset, and that's what led to the yips.”

He could not hit a mitt.
The Rockies demoted him to the minors, where he walked 16.5 hitters per nine innings.

In 2016 he was living in a RV playing the Texas Hogs. In 2019 the Braves signed him to two year minor league deal.

He met a former Navy Seal who had developed the "yips." And he helped get Matzek out if his problems.

Without this guy Matzek the Braves don't get to this position.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/25/21 11:42 AM
Now I really want the Braves! Can’t stand Houston
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/25/21 01:06 PM
The Astro organization was not really punished for what they did.

The players I don't really hold a grudge there. Many are new and they don't set policy.

Some may have been compliant which is sad.

However, upper management is where the blame lies. For what they did honestly no matter their record during the regular season.

I think they should have been banned for two years from post season play. And the team with the next best record should have taken their place.

They stole a championship.

The Braves are a feel good story. I really like the make up of this team.

None of that matters once the games begin. Forget favorites and all the odds etc.

Each game stands alone. Put your spikes on and play the game.

I try very hard to not let it get to me. I try to say I am happy to be here. And that I don't care what happens.

Sure. Once the first pitch happens. I am a nervous wreak.
Posted By: Dave Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/25/21 01:53 PM
You can say the Astros were not punished enough, but they were punished. Their GM and Manager were suspended for a year and subsequently fired. The team was fined $5 Million, and they lost their 1st and 2nd round draft picks for 2020 and 2021. The players, like Altuve for example, who really should have faced suspensions or fines, or both, were not punished by MLB because of the strength of the MLBPA, not because they weren't culpable. I'm not here to defend the Astros either because they beat my team too while stealing signs, but I view sign stealing as a part of baseball for time immemorial. Ty Cobb and Tris Speaker did it. My problem is the Astros using modern electronics to disseminate the info to the bench from the stands, and then to the hitter from the bench, whether by wireless buzzer under Altuve's jersey or by banging garbage cans.
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/25/21 02:08 PM
At this point it is water over the dam.

Our opinions don't matter.

Come Tuesday night. I just want to win.

74 times around the sun. These are the championships of my teams. ( I was one in 1948)

1948 Indians

1964 Browns

1995 Braves

2016 Cavs

My history with the Braves goes way back to childhood. I loved their uniforms as a kid and Henry Aaron was one of my favorite players.
My first glove was a Warren Spahn model.

My goal is the Browns win a Super Bowl.

The Braves win this year.

And the Guardians win one before I kick the bucket.

Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/26/21 11:24 AM
Morton is capable of pitching a great game.

If is hitting his spots. He will be hard to beat.

The Braves are ready.
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/27/21 10:32 AM
A win with a heavy price.

Damn Charlie Morton is done for the Series. Our most experienced big game pitcher breaks his leg.

It is unreal the injuries this team has had to overcome.

Mike Soroka the guy who was considered the team ace tore his Achilles. Came back and was getting ready to pitch is May and re tears his Achillies.

We lose Ronald Acuna the MVP leader at the time tears his ACL.

Marcel Ozuna is removed from the roster after breaking a finger then is charged with domestic violence. The clean up hitter who just missed the triple crown last year. Done for the year.

And now Charlie Morton. We are not talking about marginal players these are stars.

How we are got this far is a story in itself. The team with the longest odds to win the World Series is up 1-0.

Somehow we overcome.

Now we don't really have a game five starter. Once again someone else is going to get called on.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/27/21 11:30 AM
Braves take game 1. Morton out for the series.

Looks like a long series to me
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/27/21 01:06 PM
No doubt a tough break for Morton. He can take over games.

I think the Astros have their pitching staff woes as well. Looks like we might look for a bullpen game. Now it just boils down to when do we want to go that route?
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/27/21 04:47 PM
The Braves added Kyle Wright to the WS roster before yesterdays game.

Snitker rides whoever is hot.

From August through September Wright was very good at AAA.

Snitker will not hesitate to start him. We need Fried and Anderson to keep us in their games and give us a chance to win.

I am very confident in the Braves offense. Somehow I believe we will find a way to win.

Posted By: Dave Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/30/21 12:08 AM
I just thought of a good reason to root for Atlanta, besides wanting Ballpeen and Bonefish to be happy: Henry Aaron was a HUGE Browns fan. Can't believe I just thought of that.
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/30/21 11:54 AM
That is true.

I was born in Willowick. We moved to Harrisburg when I was three and lived there till 12 then moved back to Cleveland.

The only time I got to see major league players was Home Run Derby. It was on Saturdays.

I became a huge Hank fan. Loved the Braves uniforms in Milwaukee. Moved to Atlanta in 78.

Still rooted for the Tribe. But I was a Braves fan. Tribe was my AL team. Braves NL.

Coached baseball for ten years. Got to meet a bunch of Braves people. Players and coaches lived near me. Ned Yost when he was the third base coach. His son caught my son. I was friends with the Yost family. Great people.

The whole time of Glavine, Smoltz, and Maddux was incredible baseball. Maddux my favorite player of all time.

Never missed a start. I loved watching him pitch. Great player. Won 15 games or more for 17 straight years. He won 18 gold gloves.

A true Master.
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/30/21 11:55 AM
The Astros can hit.

Shutting them down for 9 is a hard task. Great pitching last night.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/30/21 08:47 PM
Braves up 2-1. game 4 tonight. Joe Torre always said game 4 is the biggest one of the series.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/30/21 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Braves up 2-1. game 4 tonight. Joe Torre always said game 4 is the biggest one of the series.

It's certainly the first game of the series that can win the series, and the first that can extend the series, but I don't see as more important over a game 5-6-7.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/31/21 04:49 AM
Braves 1 win away from a Championship!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/31/21 09:57 AM
Braves closing in …
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 10/31/21 12:10 PM
My son and I are very close.

He was a hellava baseball player and I coached him for ten years.

I have old movies of him at three getting Browns gear for Christmas. He is a gigantic fan of both the Braves and Browns.

I told him in the Spring this could be a magical year. Both teams have a decent chance.

August came and I had given up on the Braves. They were under 500. They had lost Acuna, Soroka, and Ozuna for the year.
It looked bleak.

So, I thought well the Browns have a great looking team. Maybe they will keep a part of the dream alive.

You never know. Predictions are common. And they don't mean a thing.

Today as I drink my morning coffee. The Braves are up three game to one in the World Series. They are 7-0 at home and have a chance to win the World Series tonight .

The Browns host the Steelers. Their record is 4-3. Like the Braves it has been a struggle. But they are in the race with ten games remaining. And today begins division games.

The dream is still in place and very much alive.

it is not over till the last out or when you are mathmatically eliminated.

HUGE DAY TODAY.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: MLB Playoffs - 11/01/21 03:24 AM
Why did they have a guy randomly singing God Bless America in the middle of the game? He did a good job, but I dont recall this happening before.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 11/01/21 09:41 AM
Welp … on to game 6
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: MLB Playoffs - 11/01/21 09:23 PM
Now game 6 is the most critical for the Braves. The pressure is starting to fall on us. We really don't want this going 7 games.
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 11/01/21 10:47 PM
I have confidence in Fried. He was our best pitcher in the second half.

Anderson would go in game seven if necessary.

Ya never know but IMO we will win this thing.

If Max is on his game. He can shut you down.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: MLB Playoffs - 11/03/21 03:50 AM
Congrats to the Braves and Braves fans! And I know the City of Atlanta will be celebrating!
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 11/03/21 04:11 AM
ATLANTA BRAVES WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: MLB Playoffs - 11/03/21 04:15 AM
I'm glad the Braves won, I don't know who, any of those people are. I guess it never leaves, I was so happy the Braves won in 1995, by the middle of 2002 I just never watched baseball again. It was biased, and the team was dismantled.
Tonight I watced about 6 minutes of the game, and about the same of the trophe ceremony, but I'm done, still, there is a feeling of joy that if I had one baseball team, it certainly would be the Braves. (I wonder if they did it this time, like they did it last time, by getting the most out of everyone, even the role players.) But mostly I don't care, I've never missed baseball after giving it up. It was so easy, and so much less worrisome. Just so glad another season is over!
I celebrate the end of baseball season, and basketball season a little bit, each year. \0/
I can't believe it. The Braves won it all and I'm so happy! The 1995 team was the first time my favorite team won in my life. My first championship. And now the Braves did it again, all these years later.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: MLB Playoffs - 11/03/21 05:29 AM
Braves fan forever here.

Atlanta Braves 2021 MLB World Champions!
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: MLB Playoffs - 11/03/21 10:47 AM
Nice win for the Bravo's! At mid season it wasn't looking very good. It would have been easy to play for next year, but a lot of credit goes to GM Alex, however you spell it, and manager Snitker for making some bold moves after Acuna went down to bring in a few players and keeping the guys focused on 1 game at a time. You can always win 1 game at a time.

A season to remember for Braves fans and all fans for that matter when your team is under .500 at the all-star break and you're ready to toss in the towel.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: MLB Playoffs - 11/03/21 12:18 PM
Congrats to the Braves (and bone)
Posted By: bonefish Re: MLB Playoffs - 11/03/21 01:43 PM
Baseball today is so driven by analytics.

The Braves winning the World Series was improbable on so many levels.

Under 500 in August. Lost three of the their best players Acuna (MVP candidate), Azuna (almost won the triple crown last year),
Soroka(Ace pitcher tore his achilles a second time done for the year. Charlie Morton breaks his leg in the Series. Soler(series MVP) missed the NLCS with Covid.

Brian Snitker a 66 year old manager who managed in the minors till 2018. 46 years in the minors is a World Champion today.

Going into the post season the Braves won 88 games. The lowest win total of all the teams in the post season. They had the longest odds to win the Series.

They were underdogs to the Brewers. Beat them 3-1.

Heavy underdogs to the Dodgers. Beat them 4-2.

Underdogs to the Astros. Beat them 4-2.

All the sportscasters picked against the Braves except one Tim Kirkjian picked the Braves in six.

Drinking coffee this morning and enjoying it.
© DawgTalkers.net