DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: lampdogg Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 03:51 AM
My buddy sent me this YouTube video tonight, from 1984. How he found this I have no idea.

First, will they try to destroy his career over something he said when he was 22 or 23 or so, almost 40 years ago? Yeah, the cancel culture is sure gonna try.

I admit I was a little concerned when he talked about how once girls hit 18 they get a little wiser.

In this video, CC looks and talks like he just smoked reefer, but then again he always has hahaha.

Enjoy a flashback to ā€˜84, replete with Iā€™m So Excited playing in the background. smile

Posted By: jfanent Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 11:31 AM
That's been making the rounds on those short Youtube clips. It is sort of creepy. I wouldn't be surprised if some girls from his past start speaking out.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 11:51 AM
This whole culture taking form where you start looking to to words said 20-30-40 years ago is bullcrap.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 01:30 PM
The thing I dont like about it is that jokes/cultural references totally change. You can take a joke or something out of context from 40 years ago and make it look terrible today
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
The thing I dont like about it is that jokes/cultural references totally change. You can take a joke or something out of context from 40 years ago and make it look terrible today

Exactly...and when you get down to it, it doesn't even have to be a joke. Times and people change. It's dangerous when you apply todays standards for something said or done many years ago, but this is getting more political so I will cut it there.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 03:13 PM
I am very lucky that there were no TV cameras around when I was 18-21 years old. Ugh. crazy
Posted By: BADdog Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
I am very lucky that there were no TV cameras around when I was 18-21 years old. Ugh. crazy

I once told a friend if there was we would either be famous in jail or dead.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
This whole culture taking form where you start looking to to words said 20-30-40 years ago is bullcrap.

I agree. Actual criminal acts are a different story. But trying to compare social norms of today with what they were decades ago is ridiculous.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 06:29 PM
I don't remember a time when it was socially acceptable to take advantage of pre 18yo girls who weren't very bright. Must have been before my time. Did guys go out looking for someone that really believed it was a pickle in their pocket? šŸ˜€
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

I agree. Actual criminal acts are a different story. But trying to compare social norms of today with what they were decades ago is ridiculous.

Unless you're black.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 08:40 PM
The only question is did he act upon what he was saying or was it just something he said? I don't know but at the same time I'm certainly not making an attempt to defend what he said. My comment was simply a general statement.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 08:40 PM
I feel it's wrong regardless. You can add stipulations if you like.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 09:42 PM
The way I heard it he was basically saying that he gets a lot of attention from HS age girls (like at training camp and when he's out) then when they get to 18, where he could do something about it, they aren't interested any more... I dunno, that's just the way I interpreted what he said.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 09:49 PM
Much like yourself I think someone could read something nefarious into it if they wish to but I didn't see anything suggesting he in any way followed through with it. And by the way you read it there's certainly nothing in his comments that wasn't accurate.
Posted By: FATE Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/26/21 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
The way I heard it he was basically saying that he gets a lot of attention from HS age girls (like at training camp and when he's out) then when they get to 18, where he could do something about it, they aren't interested any more... I dunno, that's just the way I interpreted what he said.
Seemed about that harmless to me as well. Cris saying "high school chicks dig me" does not make the inverse true.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/27/21 01:03 AM
(I can't see the whatever twitter or youtube or report of any kind.
Posted By: The Collector Re: Cris Collinsworth in 1984 - 10/27/21 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by jfanent
I don't remember a time when it was socially acceptable to take advantage of pre 18yo girls who weren't very bright. Must have been before my time. Did guys go out looking for someone that really believed it was a pickle in their pocket? šŸ˜€

From Dazed and Confused

"I like high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age"
© DawgTalkers.net