DawgTalkers.net
BigBig name from years ago.....

May you Rest in Peace Mr. Erich Barnes

Browns Pro Bowl CB Erich Barnes passes away
Barnes spent seven years with the Browns during his 14-year career
May 05, 2022 at 03:18 PM
ClevelandBrowns.com

Erich Barnes, who played cornerback with the Browns from 1965-1971 and was a Pro Bowler in 1968, passed away on Friday. He was 86.

Barnes, who spent 14 total years in the NFL, was born in Elkhart, Indiana. He attended Purdue and was drafted by the Bears in 1958, spending his first seven years in the league in Chicago and with the New York Giants before he was traded to the Browns after the 1964 season. He collected eight interceptions with the Browns over his seven years with the team and retired with 45 career interceptions, seven of which were returned for touchdowns. He was a six-time Pro Bowler and four-time All Pro selection.

https://share.newsbreak.com/10kxj6j8
R.I.P Erich. I remember when you played for my beloved Browns. My prayers and condolences to your family.
This will get moved to the Tailgate forum, but I remember Erich. He was an excellent player and had a certain grace about him. Of course, I was a kid, but he came across as being very classy. The number of All-Pro selections speak to just how damn good he was on the field.
Vers It's actually posted in the right forum.
RIP Erich, I swear my kids getting older, my age, almost anything has little effect on how old I feel, but when athletes I watched as a kid pass away, then it gets to me.
I remember Erich in my younger days, he was a very good DB, RIP Prayers for his family ...
Erich was a good one.

RIP Erich.
RIP Erich
From The Good Ol' Days. Classy individual to watch, very smooth on the field. Prayers for you and for your family. Thanks for the memories. RIP, Erich.
Thoughts and prayers to the Barnes family...

Bard pretty much summed up his time in Cleveland with his above comments...
© DawgTalkers.net