DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: hitt Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/11/22 11:04 PM
I just read Conklin, Hubbard were BOTH out today. Wow, who was Hudson's backup....he did a great job, I don't remember many, if any, penalties on the right side. Guess it really was next, next, man up....isn't Hubbard Conklin's main backup....GO Browns!!!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/11/22 11:07 PM
I don't know but he played Great he had1penalty on an Illegal man downfield ...
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/11/22 11:11 PM
Joe Haeg who we signed after cut down day was our 3rd OT.
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/11/22 11:14 PM
I think Njoku was helping him on that side most of today, thats why he didn't have many catches
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/11/22 11:31 PM
OL played very well today. Pocic was a good surprise
Posted By: DogNDC Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/11/22 11:42 PM
Hey... This thread is on point. Hudson did a solid job when he came in. The oline held up today
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/12/22 12:35 AM
The OL played pretty good, but JB was a big part of that. Last year, many of those plays would have resulted in sacks.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/12/22 12:39 AM
If anything, Wills got smoked on that one at the end of the game that got JB rattled. Hudson seemed to hold his own.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/12/22 12:41 AM
JB had all day to throw. Pass blocking was exceptional.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/12/22 01:06 AM
The OL did a good job today, overall, in PP. I didn’t hear Hudson’s name hardly at all, which tells me he played a solid game. Edit: Another thing I noticed about JB, now that I think back on the game, was his composure in the pocket. Eyes downfield, steady demeanour.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/12/22 01:08 AM
I’m interested to see the OL grades after today
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/12/22 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I’m interested to see the OL grades after today

Me too...............

I think the OL did a good job, but I think people are sleeping on JB avoiding sacks. We'll see. If I am wrong, I will admit.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/12/22 01:16 AM
He seems to have a feel for the pressure and makes decisions fast
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/12/22 01:31 AM
One GOOD thing about Brissett is that he seems to avoid the negative plays that Baker wouldn’t. H May not give the positive ones as much, but he’s safer
Posted By: bonefish Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/12/22 01:37 PM
Njoku was really good. He made every block he was called on to do. He was wide open on the overthrow to Cooper in the endzone before the half.

Hudson was very good. He showed excellent feet. He has good movement skills. I think he will be a good player overtime.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/12/22 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish
Njoku was really good. He made every block he was called on to do. He was wide open on the overthrow to Cooper in the endzone before the half.

Hudson was very good. He showed excellent feet. He has good movement skills. I think he will be a good player overtime.
Njoku had one reach block that got Chubb the outside that was really impressive. I forgot about it until I just read this.
Posted By: hitt Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/12/22 02:55 PM
Agree, lots of folks talk JB down, but he takes few sacks, throws few interceptions, and values the ball- exactly what Coach S wants.

JMHO, the game was MUCH closer than it should have been....AND Speedy made a few catches and picked up 15 yds running- Go Browns!!!
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Who was Hudson's Backup Today - 09/12/22 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by hitt
Agree, lots of folks talk JB down, but he takes few sacks, throws few interceptions, and values the ball- exactly what Coach S wants.

JMHO, the game was MUCH closer than it should have been....AND Speedy made a few catches and picked up 15 yds running- Go Browns!!!

That's Brissett's reputation, but he made some questionable/risky decisions yesterday. The arm punt he got bailed out on with the PI in the endzone comes to mind. It was week one, though.
© DawgTalkers.net