DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Swish Post Game - 09/18/22 08:11 PM
yall convinced me.

fire woods. that was inexcusable. absolutely inexcusable. i can't defend it, i cant make excuses for it, i can't do anything.

this game was won. we had it. chubb iced the game. it was over.

and then once again, the defense got caught napping. such a lack of discipline on that side of the ball.

i can't comment on the Offense. they did their part. jacoby had an excellent game. this L is completely on the defense, specifically woods.

sorry for doubting you guys. you were right. Woods has to go. im just.....wow.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:12 PM
I don't know if I can keep doing this.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:14 PM
They gave me a damn headache
Posted By: BrownMoose Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:14 PM
Absolutely hilarious. That was the brownest brown the Browns have browned in a while.
It's to the point where that's almost as much fun to root for as a W.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:15 PM
delpit and ward. both played like absolutely dog crap today.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:17 PM
How many games have we lost to blown coverages in the 4th qtr in the last 2 years?
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:18 PM
yea, i cant believe it got to this point. yea guys my bad for doubting yall in gameday chat. Woods gotta go. you just can't call yourself a competent coach and allow something like this to happen. the defense looks like it was in prevent mode all game. so much cushion given to average receivers, and then the epic collapse at the end of the game.

wow.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:18 PM
If you told me we score 30 points and lose today, I won't believe. One other thing, a couple years ago Chub had a breakaway run that he went down on the 1 yard line on purpose so we could run out the clock. Weird, if he had gone down this time could we have run out the clock? Sorry, but had to follow game on ESPN game tracker. Out of town no Browns town near Phili so maybe I am wrong in my perception. .
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:18 PM
Miami just took the lead with 14 seconds
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:19 PM
I’m obviously emotional post-game, but yeah I agree with you.

Also, bench Delpit. His jersey is there every time there’s broken coverage.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:19 PM
Posted By: Rottweiller Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:19 PM
Fire Joe Woods in the next 5 minutes PLEASE!! This is not the first time we are not in the right defense situationally. That is totally unacceptable
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:19 PM
Fire woods, cut delpit and try to get a a sucker to take wards dumb contract. Get rid of Berry and get a legit NFL personnel guy in here. Someone that realizes corners arent where you spend money when you’re rolling out the DTs and LBs we are. This has to be Stefanski last year. His camp cupcake has done nothing but show the team is ill prepared and can’t tackle. This is a 4 win team maybe as it stands and we have no recourse because Berry mortgaged our future and gave the worst contract in history out, actually 3 of the worst if you include ward and njoku. Dorsey was better
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:19 PM
FIRE JOE WOODS! I DO NOT CARE WHAT IT TAKES! I'M READY TO MARCH TO BEREA.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:21 PM
Someone IS getting fired tomorrow. I don't know who. I don't care. Someone is paying for this crap outcome today. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT JUST HAPPENED. And, no, it's not York. This secondary absolutely BLOWS. TWO WEEKS. TWO BLOWN COVERAGES. In my best Vince Lombardi voice "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE?". I'm SO tired of this CONTINUED crap. It might just be time to dump this GARBAGE franchise. As a native Clevelander, I think I have finally had enough. I'm tired of wasting my time on a crap team. Very tired.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:21 PM
Post Game?

Hahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:21 PM
Absolutely embarrassing.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:22 PM
I was thinking the same. But being up two scores, how can you predict a

Missed xp
A quick score because blown coverage
A recovered on-side
Then passing down the field for the go ahead
Posted By: jfanent Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:23 PM
We're in 1rst place!
Posted By: rockdogg Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:23 PM
Burn the frickin' elf!!!
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:24 PM
Browns finding new ways to lose games since 1999.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:24 PM
so that the moral victory. atleast we dont own the worst collapse this week. that honor goes to the ravens.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:25 PM
- Defense was absolute trash all day. Particularly, the secondary.

- Inexcusable collapse at the end.

- Amari Cooper had a nice game.

- I feel bad that Chubb has to endure this.

- Clowney injured.

- This season was always a punted season barring a miracle. After watching the Browns struggle against two really bad football teams, it could get really ugly.

- Chicken Fried is the new sing-a-long song at the stadium after the 3rd quarter. Brought to you by J Dubs.

- The Browns is the Browns.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:26 PM
Well the positive, Steelers and Ravens lost. If Cincy wins we all will be 1-1.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Swish
so that the moral victory. atleast we dont own the worst collapse this week. that honor goes to the ravens.
Not really, Miami is legit, they will be in the playoffs, jets will not. Most people expected Miami to beat the ravens as they did last year
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:26 PM
This has to be the WORST loss in NFL history BY ANY TEAM IN THE REGULAR SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Originally Posted by Swish
Not really, Miami is legit, they will be in the playoffs, jets will not. Most people expected Miami to beat the ravens as they did last year

its the moral victory for this specific week because the ravens were up 21 points. and the fact that its the ravens, who has competent coaching unlike us.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:28 PM
That was one rough loss. I thought we had it won, but the tail end of the game was a complete disaster.

P.S. And we are playing the Steelers this Thursday. Hello 1 & 2.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by DaveyD

The Browns have endured so much losing they're repeating ways to lose. See Browns vs Bears 2001!
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:29 PM
Good we can finally end the QB controversy.

JB looked good today, Flacco made BM comeback attempt last game look pedestrian.

An average QB can easily put 30 on us.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:30 PM
[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:32 PM
Joe Woods better be gone by tomorrow, I swear.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
Well the positive, Steelers and Ravens lost. If Cincy wins we all will be 1-1.

You know you have no confidence in your Team when you are banking on other teams wins and losses
Posted By: Floquinho Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:35 PM
Kevin Stefanski! The bucks stop with the HC.

Another season with the similar results in the end of the game. His lack of winning mentality and passion will always be a negative factor in tight games.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:36 PM
This has got to stop. Unacceptable.

Can you imagine if this happened at Ohio State?
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:36 PM
It’s part of the game.

Every team banks on the other teams in their division to lose
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:36 PM
I knew we were gonna lose the second York missed the xp.
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:38 PM
cover 2 is not a prevent D. Its the opposite.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:40 PM
WE lost a game like this to the Pats about 10-12 years ago. The game Josh Gordon torched them for a lot of yards.
Posted By: Bird Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:41 PM
Prevent D prevents your winning.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:42 PM
The coaching staff preaches of accountability. Someone needs to be held accountable for the 2nd week of blow coverages. Millions of dollars spent in the secondary to have consistent blown coverages.

Garrett pretty much nonexistent all day minus the unblocked sack. Elite playmakers show up when it matters the most in the 4th quarter, like Aaron Donald in the Super Bowl.

Flacco and Roethlisberger own the Browns. Our only hope is Flacco retires too.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by lionchamp29
cover 2 is not a prevent D. Its the opposite.
Apparently Joe Woods didn't read that chapter in the DEFENSE FOR DUMMIES book. He has got to go. Change is needed. If the front office cannot see it, there is no hope. Good bye Joe. And good riddance. You suck.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:47 PM
Missed extra point, blown coverage, botched secure on the onsides kick, give up game winning drive.

These are the losers we know!

The secondary played mostly uninterested the entire game. Big cushions, big receptions, willing to concede points. Really disappointed.
Posted By: slick Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:47 PM
Well without watson on the field and his ability to conjure up the power of the sexual predator the loss was inevitable 😃
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:48 PM
Smart. Tough. Accountable.

Welcome to the Hardland!
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:50 PM
so does cover 2 in that situation
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Bird
Prevent D prevents your winning.

As opposed to cover 2 in that situation?
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 08:57 PM
j/c:

Perhaps the its the emotions and the couple of IPAs I've had, but I have to assume someone is losing their job, either someone's starting job in the secondary or a defensive coach. This was ugly. I can't remember feeling this nauseated since the Dwayne Rudd game. It's not just what transpired w/ 1:55 to go in the game but the entire defense scheme was crap from the jump. This is the second week in a row alongside many games last year where the defense, with the talent it has, was trash. When Nathan Zegura goes nasty on this team, you know it is bad.

- Brissett had a really nice game. Glad to have watched him rebound from week 1. Seemed more in sync with his receivers.
- Running game was great.
- Not a bunch of pressure on Flacco from the DL, especially after Clowney went down.
- Defense overall was trash.....again.

I hope this is one of those games that puts it 'into perspective' for this team and can rally from. But I could also see it dismantle confidence too. We'll see.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:01 PM
j/c...

Joe Flacco had not won a game since week 6 2019 until today. Lovely.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:03 PM
I know I’ve said it before, but this is as bad of a loss as it gets.

Brissett played a great game. Our backs played great. OL played great.

Defense was an abomination, and the secondary was the worst culprit.

I’m drained from this same old story
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

..... someone is losing their job..... This was ugly.

- Defense overall was trash.....again..

I have felt this way since Woods signed on! Yes, th
e 'D' has the occasional good series, but on the whole nowhere near playoff caliber. We should be 0-2....FIRE THE ENTIRE DEFENSIVE STAFF.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:08 PM
Brissett played as well as we could have dreamed honestly. You could tell about halfway through the 2nd quarter that Flacco was feeling it and we’d be on ice skates on defense the rest of the day. I can’t fathom it.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:16 PM
j/c...

<eyeroll emoji>

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:17 PM
Garrett can say what he wants, but the team deserve to be booed at the end of that game
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

<eyeroll emoji>

The Defense SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE BIGGEST CHOKE JOB IN BROWNS HISTORY!!!!

I'm DISSAPOINTED WITH YOU MYLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:18 PM
Groan.

Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:19 PM
This is just way to strange:

I wrote this 9/17 in Jets Matchup thread.

"It is a game where we do have a better roster.
The Jets do have a good defensive line. So, it is kind of strength on strength thing.
Their big problem is OL. And that is a big problem when you have slow immobile quarterback.

I kind of hate these games because if somehow weird things happen and things go wrong. You look foolish losing."

How I despise writing that.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:21 PM
Team loss, very frustrating, blah blah blah... We battled!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:23 PM
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:25 PM
j/c...

<eyeroll emoji>

It's disappointing that Myles response was not "we deserve to be booed".

When is this team going to get some certified killers on defense?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:27 PM
Yes, the correct response is: they should boo, it was embarrassing to lose that game.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:27 PM
I HATE how blah this Stefanski is.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:28 PM

Not a good sign if players are going public.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:32 PM
j/c...

<eyeroll emoji>

F Myles Garrett - you LOSERS lost ANOTHER winnable game AGAIN. So just go cash your check and shut your mouth. Because, AGAIN, with the game on the line, YOU and your defensive teammates screwed the pooch AGAIN. You're lucky that's all you heard. In the old days, trash would have rained down on your LOSER ass and your LOSER teammates. That was crap. And the Browns deserved EVERY boo they got today. Unacceptable. Someone is getting fired or released. Period.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:39 PM

The Browns have endured so much losing they're repeating ways to lose. See Browns vs Bears 2001!

Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:40 PM
Massive blown coverages when the game is on the line in 2 consecutive weeks! Who is gping to help accountable and what is going to be done about it? Enough is enough!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:42 PM
Saw it coming. I am at a loss because we can't blame the refs; well, maybe the holding. Woods should suffer for this. Newsome, Ward, Delpit: Who had the worst game. Talk among yourselves. The obvious bad I saw on defense was heinous. But the number of times (I think at least four) when our secondary were clueless and waving their arms at each other after being torched was inexcusable. Time to move on from Woods. MG isn't being a difference maker consistently. I like him, but his hype seems well beyond his production. Not nearly enough pressure today; ridiculous cushions, no contact off the line, and ran right by Ward who actually turned and strolled up the sideline. Look at the number of long conversions on thirds.
This was not competitive defense again today. This loss is among the worst I have watched since the "Heidi" debacle. Demand a defense. We will see one Thursday that isn't cowards ball. We don't cover, hit, tackle well. Our middle is lame.
Simplify to where players can get it and fly around. I would be ashamed as a player, and I would want some answers.
Posted By: Xanthros Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by The Beast
j/c...

<eyeroll emoji>

F Myles Garrett - you LOSERS lost ANOTHER winnable game AGAIN. So just go cash your check and shut your mouth. Because, AGAIN, with the game on the line, YOU and your defensive teammates screwed the pooch AGAIN. You're lucky that's all you heard. In the old days, trash would have rained down on your LOSER ass and your LOSER teammates. That was crap. And the Browns deserved EVERY boo they got today. Unacceptable. Someone is getting fired or released. Period.

I’m agreed that someone specifically Joe Woods needs to lose their job over this. You can’t field a defense with this many supposedly good players and continue to give up the game in the exact same way each and every week. There’s nothing to look at or clean up. The tackling is atrocious and absolutely no discipline either. Every one of us had a sick premonition of what was going to happen as soon as York missed the XP.

The reality is excuses will be hid behind. Just the way they treated preseason set them up for how soft they actually are.

Will be very shocked if anyone loses a job over this. Jimmy himself should make the move. But alas this franchise is SOFT. Won’t happen.

Every early win is desperately needed. Last year alone proves how this one loss could keep them out of contention.

So unacceptable that I don’t understand how I’ve continued to pull for this crap for this many years.

I bet Pittspuke lights our cupcake D on Thursday
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 09:56 PM
I still am in shock quite honestly
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:01 PM

So we're historically bad, what's new?
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:02 PM
Loved what the offense did today, despite going against a pretty stout Jets run defense.

Questionable calls on defense for sure:

1) Clowney goes out, and the fix is to put Garrett on that side instead? The side he isn't a natural at?
2) You see we are getting NO pressure on the QB, yet don't send any additional rushers to blitz? Deshone Kizer could have looked like Tom Brady with all the time Flacco had.
3) Delpit got owned all day.

Offensively, I was impressed. I was really nervous about Brissett running the offense, but not anymore. Seeing how he and Cooper were insync, and over delivered, our offense will be just fine.

Was really surprised to not see a Schwartz end around or jet sweep today. lol.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
Saw it coming. I am at a loss because we can't blame the refs; well, maybe the holding. Woods should suffer for this. Newsome, Ward, Delpit: Who had the worst game. Talk among yourselves. The obvious bad I saw on defense was heinous. But the number of times (I think at least four) when our secondary were clueless and waving their arms at each other after being torched was inexcusable. Time to move on from Woods. MG isn't being a difference maker consistently. I like him, but his hype seems well beyond his production. Not nearly enough pressure today; ridiculous cushions, no contact off the line, and ran right by Ward who actually turned and strolled up the sideline. Look at the number of long conversions on thirds.
This was not competitive defense again today. This loss is among the worst I have watched since the "Heidi" debacle. Demand a defense. We will see one Thursday that isn't cowards ball. We don't cover, hit, tackle well. Our middle is lame.
Simplify to where players can get it and fly around. I would be ashamed as a player, and I would want some answers.

Yep, time to find a new scapegoat. The last scapegoat lost today too.
Posted By: HarleyDawg51 Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:05 PM
Jets broke a 13 game losing streak today. They should thank this crap team for allowing them to do it.

I am so tired of the same thing year after year. I am 71 years old and been a Browns fan for all of it. Always said I would like to see them win a Super Bowl before I die but I just don't see that happening anytime soon. I will never live to be 150.

We pay a QB big bucks to not even be allowed to be with the team for 11 games but don't spend money on a good Defense. Obviously the front office hasn't heard defenses win football games.

This one made me sick to my stomach mainly because we had it won.....in the bag ....... done deal. But remember, we are the Browns and can always find new ways to get bitch slapped.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:06 PM
We are also relying a lot on Emerson. He got TOASTED on the one TD catch. Not sure I wouldn’t prefer Newsome playing outside more instead
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:11 PM
im glad they kept clowney out. hopefully he has a chance to play on thursday. we needed him, but he wasn't gonna save us from the failures of the secondary today. they were hellbent on losing this game for us.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:13 PM
j/c...

Browns got duped by a fake punt, missed XP, couldn't recover onside kick and Felton nearly lost the ball on a punt return.

Someone call in the Bobs to ask Preifer exactly what he does around here.

Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
We are also relying a lot on Emerson. He got TOASTED on the one TD catch. Not sure I wouldn’t prefer Newsome playing outside more instead

I agree. I don't want him on an island until he proves he deserves to be. Ward should have been out there, not him.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:15 PM
Agreed
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:19 PM
Bummer.

Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:22 PM
It's funny how we were supposed to be relying on our Defense to keep us in games until Watson comes back. Oof.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:39 PM
j/c...

On the fans booing.

Posted By: BCbrownie Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:49 PM
Someone IS getting fired tomorrow. I don't know who. I don't care. Someone is paying for this crap outcome today. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR WHAT JUST HAPPENED. And, no, it's not York. This secondary absolutely BLOWS. TWO WEEKS. TWO BLOWN COVERAGES. In my best Vince Lombardi voice "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE?". I'm SO tired of this CONTINUED crap. It might just be time to dump this GARBAGE franchise. As a native Clevelander, I think I have finally had enough. I'm tired of wasting my time on a crap team. Very tired.

Just stop,no one is getting fired.
In fact,Coach K is handing out participation trophies as I write this.
Here's a news flash for all you hard heads,this is the same ol' browns.
Special teams are guaranteed to lose 2 games each year,today was one.(There's a coach I've wanted canned for 3 years,he's still here.)
D can't stop anybody on 3rd down.
The end of the game,the team gets all puckered up and will end up losing in some of strangest ways imaginable.
The Oline and RBs have taken on the personality of their position coaches,hardnosed,physical and tough.The rest of this team is mentally soft.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:55 PM
j/c...

On the fans booing.

Exactly what every player's response should be.

I am now a JJ3 fan.

I saw this on another board...if Chubb had gone down at the 1 the Browns would have won. Hadn't thought about that but it's true.

Cut Chubb immediately!
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:57 PM
J/C
Again a big thanks to the season ticket holders who continue to shell out thousands upon thousands of dollars for this trash.
I don’t blame Joe Woods as much as I blame Stefanski. Horrible clock management at the end. Instead of sending Chubb in to score, all he had to do was down the ball a few times. - The worst that could have happened was NY getting the ball back, down by 7, on their own 5 with about 20-25 seconds left. - Prevent defense for max 2 plays at that point. Horrible clock management by Stefanski. Horrible coaching.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 10:58 PM
I haven't read the thread. I can imagine the comments. I have had a chance to walk back from the stadium hearing people make comments. there was a lot of talk on the train back to the car.

I had my after game meal and just got out of the shower after a long day in the sun while going to the lot before game and during the game. I am refreshed and had time to reflect.

That was the worst loss I have ever seen. A few may have hurt more, but none were worse. Before the play I was telling folks we needed to watch for the fake punt....boom. If this fat ass can figure out that was the perfect time to run a fake, I would hope someone on the team could figure that out. Then another 4th qtr. defensive collapse.

Two TD's and an onside kick recover in about 1:35 seconds. That's pitiful. I mean PITIFUL.
The coaches talk about cleaning up mistakes and better communication. Well, I am tired about hearing about it, I want to see it in practice. Just talking about it with no results is how coaches get fired.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 11:01 PM
A real bad loss for the Browns. This is totally on the defense and yes, WOODS HAS TO GO!!!
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I haven't read the thread. I can imagine the comments. I have had a chance to walk back from the stadium hearing people make comments. there was a lot of talk on the train back to the car.

I had my after game meal and just got out of the shower after a long day in the sun while going to the lot before game and during the game. I am refreshed and had time to reflect.

That was the worst loss I have ever seen. A few may have hurt more, but none were worse. Before the play I was telling folks we needed to watch for the fake punt....boom. If this fat ass can figure out that was the perfect time to run a fake, I would hope someone on the team could figure that out. Then another 4th qtr. defensive collapse.

Two TD's and an onside kick recover in about 1:35 seconds. That's pitiful. I mean PITIFUL.
The coaches talk about cleaning up mistakes and better communication. Well, I am tired about hearing about it, I want to see it in practice. Just talking about it with no results is how coaches get fired.

Thanks for sharing your life story. saywhat
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 11:10 PM
I am not upset about the on-side kick -once the ball clanged off our guy who was engaging his man, it’s fifty-fifty.

I am not upset about the missed XP. The wind seemed to just yank it hard right. What I am upset about is we are running a soft-zone, which, with our good corners, plays into the hands of the O.

What I am absolutely pissed off about is the broken coverages. That’s D2 college stuff, it should rarely happen in the NFL, but we do it all the time.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 11:11 PM
To follow up on my previous post… The Jets had no timeouts on 1st and 10 when Chubb scored late. Instead of scoring, Stefanski should have simply downed the ball. Down the ball there, and it’s the 2 minute warning. 2nd down - down the ball and there’s 1:20 left, 3rd down- down the ball again and there’s 40 seconds left. Less the time it takes while the plays are actually running and there’s about 32 seconds left. Try to score at that point or line up for a chip shot field goal and the worst case scenario is the Jets have the ball with about 27 seconds left, on their own 10, with no timeouts.
Garbage coaching from Stefanski
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 11:13 PM
I don't think Stefanski expected Chubb to score.

And you can't blame Chubb for scoring. Put them up 2 tds with under 2 min to go.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 11:18 PM
Should’ve downed the ball there. We didn’t and look what happened. I don’t blame Chubb as much as I blame Stefanski
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 11:31 PM
I'm embarrassed and ashamed tonight and it's not the first time. I've felt like this many times over the years with this team. This stuff happens over and over again, and nothing is done about it. It happened last season and now the first 2 games of this year. After last week it should have been corrected and wasn't. I want to see Jimmy Haslam stay where he is and not interfere, but this is one time I think he should. If I were him, I'd call a meeting tomorrow with all the parties involved and ask what the heck is going on? Posters on this board are critiqued by others about being negative but it's difficult to feel any other way after watching this team implode constantly over 55 years. I was optimistic about this game. I really felt that we were going to win because it was the Jets and we were at home. I guess I got just what I deserved! Now we have Pittsburgh coming in after a bad loss to the Pats at home today. Good luck if you think we'll win on Thursday. Oh and speaking of the Pats they played lousy last week against Miami and no one gave them a chance this week, but they won. I guess that's what happens when your coaches make ADJUSTMENTS and work on mistakes you may have made!! Going to be a long year!!!!!
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 11:31 PM
Defense has given up 34 points in two 4th quarters so far this season.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
J/C
Again a big thanks to the season ticket holders who continue to shell out thousands upon thousands of dollars for this trash.
I don’t blame Joe Woods as much as I blame Stefanski. Horrible clock management at the end. Instead of sending Chubb in to score, all he had to do was down the ball a few times. - The worst that could have happened was NY getting the ball back, down by 7, on their own 5 with about 20-25 seconds left. - Prevent defense for max 2 plays at that point. Horrible clock management by Stefanski. Horrible coaching.

I agree. Hunt also ran out of bounds a time or two.
Posted By: myka Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 11:35 PM
Should’ve downed the ball there. We didn’t and look what happened. I don’t blame Chubb as much as I blame Stefanski

I said the same thing, and I said it before Chubb even scored.

I said "i bet we score fast here, miss the xp, quick TD, onside kid, TD we lose by 1.", nobody watching with me even got upset at all, we just knew the script.

Stefanski blew the game. All we need to do is kneel 3 times and kick the FG and it's a lock, and I said so in the moment, not in hindsight. I hope Stefanski can improve his killer instinct in the moment and not become another Schottenheimer
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 11:41 PM
I see your point but c'mon you go up 13 points with less than 2 minutes you should win the game even with a college D from the Big 10. This is the first time this has happened in the last what 2229 times they said and we were the last to do it against the Bears.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 11:46 PM
j/c...

Browns got duped by a fake punt, missed XP, couldn't recover onside kick and Felton nearly lost the ball on a punt return.

Someone call in the Bobs to ask Preifer exactly what he does around here.

I don't agree. Yes, a fake punt in the 1st quarter was not planned, but the missed kick is not Priefer's fault, the onside kick going through whoever's hands it was is not Priefer's fault, and nearly losing a ball is not losing a ball.

Priefer's sample size exceeds the mistakes we've seen on the defense.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 11:46 PM
I’m sure a lot of people agree with you but what you’re not taking into account how many coaches have been in this situation before and decided to focus on the clock rather than score. I’m sure this scenario has played out plenty of times between 2002 (Bears v Browns) and now. - With a better outcome for the coaches who choose to take the time off the clock.

What I’m saying here: How many teams have been winning by 7 with less than 25 seconds left to go, and have their opponents pinned within there own 10 yard line with zero timeouts? - I’d rather take my chances in this scenario.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game - 09/18/22 11:47 PM
A lot of teams are choking today.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 12:02 AM
Good point. Baltimore blew a 28 point 4th qtr lead. Hopefully the guys can put this one behind them and focus on the ‘Burgh. I’m glad that it’s a Thursday game. - Less time to dwell on this debacle.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 12:06 AM
j/c...

On the fans booing.

JJ is calling out the D. He is either correct or playing defense. I tend to lean on the former, but we'll see.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 12:09 AM
I didn't watch the game, but listened to the first half. Was going to practice with my band mate, a Steeler fan, who was bashing Trubisky. He goes, at least you guys are playing the Jets and should have an easy win. I looked at him and said, I bet they lose. They were letting Flacco pick them apart in the first half. It seemed like every pas was 15 yards or more. No pressure on Flacco except for the sack and forced fumble. The Jets Oline is freaking horrible, and Flacco is a shell of the player he used to be. I had no reason to check the score, something that I can go without doing, I knew they were going to blow it.

This team has a pattern. It sounded like Brissett was playing a good game, so naturally, the defense would blow it. It is what they do. Myles is talked about like he is the best DE in the league, yet when it matters, he does nothing. This defense is the same defense we have had for 20 years. All hype. All the "stars" in the defensive backfield is a mirage. They are undisiplined and overrated.

Pittsburgh is going to come in her Thursday, and make fools of this team. I thought the defense could carry this team until Watson returns, now I believe they will be the reason we lose many games this year.

All these "veteran days off" during camp is causing what you see. These players make millions, make them earn it.

I have this game recorded, I am deleting it as soon as this post is finished.

Same crap new year. I see a sub .500 year coming, and it won't be because of the offense like many thought.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 12:10 AM
First off I'm eating crow and apologizing to number 2 for saying what I did about Cooper, he looked great today !

was at the game with Columbusdawg Saint his son and daughter Hooper Lurker (good luck my friend with your new adventures) and Peen ! Peen you had me lmao my friend !

Great seeing the tailgate family, looked for Fate,didn't see you friend.

I was impressed with the play of the offense and I thought the play calling was pretty good.

The interception was a late throw by JB, you could see the defender just on that ball the whole time.

The ST's sucked except for the Punter, Felton did very well today and the miss PAT was a big miss.

As far as the under performing D, well I might just go to the fire Joe Woods and vent in that thread !

Is there a fire Priefer thread ? if not there should be.

JB did what he was supposed to do, He and the team put up 30 !

Njoku had a very nice game also
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 12:13 AM
Good point. Baltimore blew a 28 point 4th qtr lead. Hopefully the guys can put this one behind them and focus on the ‘Burgh. I’m glad that it’s a Thursday game. - Less time to dwell on this debacle.

Here is a novel concept, make changes and FIX IT! The 4th Quarter's in the past 2 games have been Defensively embarrassing.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 12:18 AM
The biggest issue BY FAR is our secondary. It’s BRUTAL how bad we are back there, and we really shouldn’t be. We’ve invested a lot of capital into those positions.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by BrownMoose
Absolutely hilarious. That was the brownest brown the Browns have browned in a while.
It's to the point where that's almost as much fun to root for as a W.

Finally someone who agrees with me. If the franchise is a dumpster fire, led by a criminal buffoon for an owner, which consistently finds embarrassing ways to screw things up (trades/drafts etc) and lose in unfathomable fashion...you can't continue to take them seriously and actually care about wins and losses. You just can't. You can enjoy the wins, sure. But embrace the Factory of Sadness as well and just sit back and laugh. Your personal health and mental well being will thank you.

Today was pretty epic that's for sure. Denzel Ward, my man....makes me want to quote the Asian guy from the movie Major League while he's lining the baselines.

Oh and Myles Garrett didn't appreciate being booed. Poor baby. I thought he was the leader of the defense. That's not something I'd want to put on my resume but whatever. I'd boo him out of the tunnel on Thursday just for his idiotic comment. Be a leader and play better so that you aren't blowing historic leads and you won't get booed. Pretty simple really. Thanks for the giggles though.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by myka

I said "i bet we score fast here, miss the xp, quick TD, onside kid, TD we lose by 1.", nobody watching with me even got upset at all, we just knew the script.

Stefanski blew the game. All we need to do is kneel 3 times and kick the FG and it's a lock, and I said so in the moment, not in hindsight. I hope Stefanski can improve his killer instinct in the moment and not become another Schottenheimer
Dumbfanski shows no emotion at all. Ever. There is no killer instinct. This guy is soft and completely over matched. He will be out coached time and time again. He's just another loser in a long line of losers at head coach since the Browns returned. The Browns are winning nothing with Dumbfanski as head coach. Period.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by myka

When we missed the extra point my immediate reaction was "I hope we don't lose by one"... then I thought... there's no way... it's only 2 min left... man, just unreal

some really pathetic plays today... offense overall looked good... special teams sucked... and secondary sucked... time management sucked...
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 12:36 AM
Gbush bringing the fire as usual!

Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 01:16 AM
While the complete Defensive meltdown was not Chubb's fault, it may have ended differently if he didn't score so quickly...

"Jets coach Robert Saleh and quarterback Joe Flacco both admitted that they seized the mistake as soon as it happened."

Flacco: “I’m thinking: Ok that’s not what you’re supposed to do.”

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/nick-chubb-costly-touchdown-browns-collapse/604229
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by HotBYoungTurk
Loved what the offense did today,l.
Are you serious?
Did you see what ended up in a 4th and 26 with about 5-7 minutes to play, and the Browns had a 2 score lead.
3 poorly executed negative plays, the Center blown up. The OL looked like the 2020 bengals on that drive.

And the Defense, bailed em out again, just before or after that, and
they could have gotten almost to FG range, but they ...
were soo basic, on two handoffs,
and boom goes the dynamite you face 4th down and 26 back across the 50, on your own side o the field.

Analytics, ( Had enough yet? ) yep.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 02:03 AM
Of all the things to blame, Chubb is about .1 percent. Sure ideally he should have gone down. But it shouldn’t have mattered
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 02:32 AM
While the complete Defensive meltdown was not Chubb's fault, it may have ended differently if he didn't score so quickly...

"Jets coach Robert Saleh and quarterback Joe Flacco both admitted that they seized the mistake as soon as it happened."

Flacco: “I’m thinking: Ok that’s not what you’re supposed to do.”

https://larrybrownsports.com/football/nick-chubb-costly-touchdown-browns-collapse/604229

Chubb stepped out of bounds on the one yard line in 2020 against the Texans with a 10-7 when he could have had a TD for the team

Ya know..I liked him scoring, what I didn't like was how the

Defense responded
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by Rishuz
j/c...

On the fans booing.

Exactly what every player's response should be.

I am now a JJ3 fan.

I saw this on another board...if Chubb had gone down at the 1 the Browns would have won. Hadn't thought about that but it's true.

Cut Chubb immediately!

I posted something similar to your Chubb comment earlier, but it wasn't a Chubb criticism. It was just ironic that had Chubb been tackled short of the goal line I am pretty sure we had a first down, and they had no times outs with less than 2 minutes. The time Chubb ran OOB on the 1 yard line 2 years ago was a different scenario. The play had less time for the runner to think of going down and now we are supposed to have a better defense that should be able to hold a 13-point lead. I am a bit surprised I haven't seen any York criticism for missing the PAT. Not saying he deserves it, but I was sort of expecting it from a few since it was so long ago he was our hero. .

This loss stinks because it was a blown chance to be alone in 1st place, it was a conference game and JB had bounced back from a poor week 1 performance to play pretty well. Beat Pittsburgh and maybe this gets further away in the rear-view mirror.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 03:13 AM
Yeah I agree. It’s over now.

Beat Pitt we own the North for three days at least. Somebody “get it fixed” - our crap secondary play I mean - by Thursday, or somebody’s taking a flight out of town on Friday.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 04:33 AM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 09:26 AM
Jim Donovan is always right when it comes to the Browns, whether he is that direct or not. He knows the ins and outs of the franchise … it was an unacceptable loss
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 11:05 AM
I am not sure if it was how the defense was called or why our dbs’ set up like they did, but it seems like we could have set our corners up to funnel a passcatcher into the middle of the field to be tackled. With no timeouts the clock would have been eaten up quickly. Instead we led receivers gain 10-15 yards and run out of bounds. Seems to me like somebody screwed up on that.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 11:17 AM
Best thing we got today is that the AFCN is in a 3way tie for first with the Bengals at 0-2.

So even with the defensive blunders, we are not in an uphill battle, YET. if the D don't pull it together, we could see more of this crap. Heck I wouldn't even be mad if that stuff happened in the 1st quarter, but to have it happen in the last few minutes has got to be demoralizing to the team.

Isn't the whole point of playing a soft "prevent" defense, to keep plays from getting behind you? /smh
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 11:29 AM
The real depressing thing to me: our offense was as good as it could be. Heck, even with Watson we couldn’t hope for more than that. And we still lost to the Jets.

Watching Delpit, Ward, Harrison, Newsome, or whoever have those blunders is totally unacceptable
Posted By: Floquinho Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 11:33 AM
At the end of the day it’s Stefanski who has the final say on every decision. That’s a fact.

This is not the first time our defense lose their nerves in the final minutes and as usual our HC just stay passive at the sideline without making changes. It’s not a popular view but the GM and the HC is the two most important figures in a organization to create a winning culture. They pick the players and the coaches. When things goes wrong they has the power to make changes. When we repeat bad habbits over and over again it’s on thier table to react.

I said this numerous times that Stefanski don’t has what it takes when facing serious problems. Over and over again he proves my point with weak leadership. Results don’t lie.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 11:47 AM
I came on to post last night, but it was just too emotional in here and there were too many dumb comments.

Some thoughts:

Offense:

--I was surprised at how well Brissett played. He looked like a decent starter and not a backup. He was accurate and efficient. He made some moves to avoid sacks. I think one of the best things he does is stand in the face of the rush and deliver strikes. He does not crumble in the pocket. Now, that could lead to turnovers if his arm is hit while preparing to throw for the ball, but not taking sacks is a huge help. I was also surprised that he throws some nice darts. He did have a pick at the end, though. I couldn't tell what happened on that play.

--Chubb and Hunt are amazing. They both ran so hard. So tough. The Jets run D was good, but our two guys wanted it and they should have given us the victory w/their running late in the game.

--Cooper had a very nice game. He's a pro. He gets open and he catches the ball.

--Njoku's drop was bad. He needs to step up w/all the money he is getting.

--I thought the OL played well overall. Pocic missed a couple of blocks in pass pro. Hudson seems to be improving. Wills is up and down. He kinda looks lazy at times. Both Bitonio and Teller did solid jobs.

Overall, the offense played very well. They did enough to win the game. Hell, they carried us. I can't find much to gripe about.

Special Teams:

--The punter is such an improvement over the Scottish tiny hammer.

--York's missed PAT was huge. That's a shame.

Defense:

--DL did not get enough pressure. They needed to get more pressure and a couple of sacks late in the game. They did not. Flacco is good when he can stand in the pocket w/out pressure. Very disappointing. Myles did not step up when we needed him to. Some criticize him for not playing well in the 4th quarter and he didn't do anything in the 4th quarter yesterday. Gotta be better!

--The LBers made some plays, but I wonder if any were supposed to help in coverage in the flat? That area was wide open.

--The secondary was awful. Guys were open all game long. Leaving Emerson alone on G. Wilson was dumb. Like everyone else, I am sick of seeing the guys look at one another after yet another big play.

--I have to point to one dude in particular. Delpit gets a lot of love from some on here. He did not impress me last year and he has sucked this year. He has a pick, but he wasn't covering anyone. It was just a horrible throw that sailed wide and high. He never seems to cover guys. He is often seen just occupying space. Dude has sucked!

Coaching:

--I don't get the hate for Stefanski. He did what he needed to do. We had a two score lead w/less than 2 minutes to go primarily due to the offense. It was Saleh who mismanaged the clock at one point by not calling a TO. In retrospect, I guess he should have ordered Chubb to fall down at the 1 yd. line instead of scoring, but man, that is really reaching. The Camp Cupcake that one or two posters keep bringing up is fiction. We are not losing games because we are out of shape. And teams don't tackle hardly at all in TC anymore. That is league wide.

--Woods is not getting it done. The defense was supposed to carry the team while Watson was out. Hell, they need the O to carry them. There are so many holes in our coverages and we are not setting the edge, especially on runs to the right. We can't fire him now, though. That would be dumb. But, he might be in trouble at the end of the year if the D doesn't get things going.

The Booing:

--I thought the fans had a right to boo. I also think some of it was overzealous. I'm pretty sure I know which fans are wanting to hate on the team. I see several of them on here every day. It has to be many of them throughout Browns nation. It's unfortunate to have a significant percentage of your fan base hoping you fail. They downplay a win and go crazy after a loss. That's tough on a team.

--Myles should not criticize the fans. You can't beat the fans. What he said wasn't as bad as what Baker did and said last year, but Myles doesn't have as many die-hard fans as Baker did/does.

Forecast:

The team needs to win on Thursday. Not just from a won/loss perspective, but there are too many souls that want to go off on this team. Need to shut them up and the only way to do that is to win.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I see your point but c'mon you go up 13 points with less than 2 minutes you should win the game even with a college D from the Big 10. This is the first time this has happened in the last what 2229 times they said and we were the last to do it against the Bears.

No, I don't think we are the jinx, by my son and I were at that game as well. Yikes!
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 12:06 PM
On that blown coverage for the big TD, I noticed Garrett was lined up over RT and 69?? was over LT.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 12:09 PM
Well said Vers. Honestly, that’s everything I’d say as well
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 12:14 PM
Myles lined up on that side for a large portion of the game. It's the most I've ever seen him line up on the left Edge. He even lined up inside Clowney at DT on at least one play.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 12:46 PM
There were several times where I saw him line up at DT. Definitely a few times toward the end of the first half. I have to say, I'm not a huge fan. He seems to get lost in the traffic jam when he's there.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 01:21 PM
Cooper had a nice game...but his "effort" on the on-side kick was pathetic...like...Denzel-Ward-tackling pathetic. Jump on the ball! You are not a punter who just had the ball snapped over his head while you try to sissy-kick (swat) the ball out of bounds.

Ward is next up - after MG - on my list of ridiculously overrated Browns players. That guy is the softest Browns CB I can ever recollect.

Do you remember what I pointed out last week about MG? He had as many tackles (1) as penalties (1) yesterday...and would have doubled up on the # of tackles-made-vs-penalties had Elliott not jumped off-side a split second before MG. Gotta jump out to get that sack...cuz...you know...the big dog's gotta EAT. 3rd string LT...and all we get out of our perennial DPOY candidate is ONE tackle (a sack) on a play where the Jets OL looked like (communicated-like) our D...MG wasn't even touched...but he got "his"...so it's all good. He's disappointed that the fans booed them off the field? Really? Did you expect a Lamer-type love tap on the booty?

I don't see how Woods keeps his job. This isn't a one-game, over-reaction thing...it's a pattern. I don't care if every single instance of folly or miscommunication is/was 100% on the player(s)...he's the coach. And...if Woods isn't getting it done or allows this crap to continually happen, then Ski should go with him. His defense isn't ready on way too many occasions. Camp Cupcake is a time to get your processes straight...but our starters don't need that because they have joint practices with other teams. Who needs the pre-season when you have the actual SEASON to get the bugs worked out?

Jacoby played really well... but that last INT was B-A-D. We have a bacon-saver as a Kicker and only need another 15 yards for a shot to win the game...again. He didn't get the chance this week that he converted on last week.

We are overall a soft-ass team...we have the personalty of our HC. I don't know how the D-Coaches can look Stump & Callahan in the eye while reviewing film....good for them that they are in different "rooms".

Just when you think you've seen it all....
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 01:24 PM
Track Delpit.

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Myles lined up on that side for a large portion of the game. It's the most I've ever seen him line up on the left Edge. He even lined up inside Clowney at DT on at least one play.

Garrett line up at tackle a few times that I noticed.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 01:40 PM
j/c…

Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 01:49 PM
No doubt that Delpit is a weak link. I also think we play better when Walker is calling the shots but Phillips gets a lot of the play calls.

I hope Berry isn't having influence on who gets snaps. No matter, this was a disgrace. Last week was a disgrace. Something needs to change, be it coaching, scheme, or players....maybe some of all.

We may not be able to do it on a short week, but next week is a long week where something needs to be done unless we just cream the Steelers on Thursday night.

I just drove by the training complex since it is maybe 4 miles from the hotel. The place was packed...as it should have been.

Haslam doesn't like to be embarrassed. He won't be in firing mode this week since we play on Thursday, but if we go out and lay a egg Thursday night we can expect some heads to roll on Friday morning since it is a long week until our next game.

I won't blame him. Something needs to be done. If the coaching staff can't identify the problem and correct it, be it scheme, communication, or crappy players. They can't just ride with this and tell us about cleaning things up.

We are soon to see just how in 'lock step" this coaching staff and front office remain, assuming they ever really were.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 01:54 PM
Just a random thought and question. Was Andrew Sendejo really as bad as we thought?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 02:13 PM
I almost think that Delpit is not very good at processing info in the pass game. It’s like he freezes and is flat footed. Don’t think we have a true free safety on our roster
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Just a random thought and question. Was Andrew Sendejo really as bad as we thought?

Yes he was...the difference is that he knew what to do and when...his body just couldn't do it.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I almost think that Delpit is not very good at processing info in the pass game. It’s like he freezes and is flat footed. Don’t think we have a true free safety on our roster

He's demonstrated that time and time again...Berry won't admit the mistake though...not yet anyway. Who's gonna make him jettison his draft picks that just aren't working out? Or coaches who simply star in Groundhog Day II?

How many more times do we have to watch Felton fumble the ball before we/THEY realize that he's not a legit NFL talent?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 02:29 PM
Yeah, I’m begging the coaches and/or FO: stop the Felton experiment now before it costs us (it should have BOTH of our games)
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 02:36 PM
I think Chester Rodgers will replace him if Rodgers doesn't stink the joint out in practice.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 02:43 PM
Let’s hope it’s Thursday night lol
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 02:49 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 02:52 PM

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 03:11 PM
Just terrible stuff
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 03:39 PM

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 03:44 PM
More barfing.

Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 03:46 PM
I spent all day yesterday up on a roof, helping a friend do a tear-off, so I didn't get to see or hear any of the game until we finished and I was driving home.
I turned on the radio in the car and tuned in the game just as Chubb scored his last TD.... and then, it began.

Missed XP.
Blown coverage for TD.
The impossible and improbable onside kick recovery, in today's NFL
Another blown coverage for TD.
INT to seal it with a kiss.

By the time I got home and was able to turn on the TV, I got to see that INT and all I could do was laugh my ass off at all of it. The only thing missing was the joyful sounds of Yakety Sax playing in the background.

The number of ways that we had to fail on as many levels as we did is almost mindboggling.
For ANY player to think they have ANY place to be critical in ANY way of the fan reactions is nothing short of absolute idiocy. You get what you earn.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 03:50 PM
Let the finger pointing begin..

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 04:02 PM
and it begins
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Lol. That's great. Pretty sure that's how we all feel today!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 04:16 PM
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 04:20 PM
Agreed. This was 100% on the D.

I had mentioned before the game that we cannot afford another defensive breakdown. Flacco is a vet and he would exploit it. We had one, and he sure did.

Up 13 with 1:50 left and NYJ with no timeouts. I was uneasy the whole time.
Posted By: Floquinho Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 04:26 PM
I came on to post last night, but it was just too emotional in here and there were too many dumb comments.

Coaching:

--I don't get the hate for Stefanski. He did what he needed to do. We had a two score lead w/less than 2 minutes to go primarily due to the offense. It was Saleh who mismanaged the clock at one point by not calling a TO. In retrospect, I guess he should have ordered Chubb to fall down at the 1 yd. line instead of scoring, but man, that is really reaching. The Camp Cupcake that one or two posters keep bringing up is fiction. We are not losing games because we are out of shape. And teams don't tackle hardly at all in TC anymore. That is league wide.

--Woods is not getting it done. The defense was supposed to carry the team while Watson was out. Hell, they need the O to carry them. There are so many holes in our coverages and we are not setting the edge, especially on runs to the right. We can't fire him now, though. That would be dumb. But, he might be in trouble at the end of the year if the D doesn't get things going.

Stop making excuses!

Stefanski has the final say in everything at the sideline. Offense, defense and the special team. It's his responsibility to make everything work. If Woods can't handle the pressure it's Stefanski's job to take a step forward and make the play calls. If the players underperform it's Stefanski who has the power to change the line up. If Stefanski can't get it done on match days it's Berry's job to make changes and if that doesn't work it's up to the owners to act. As it shoukld be.

Yesterday's loss wasn't an isolated incident in Stefanski's career as a HC for the Browns. It's become a pattern to see him get mentally crippled, to see him standing like a sfinx when the team need him the most. Almost none positive energy. Total lack of engagement and handling power. Thats not a good sign.

Time to accept. What we see is what we get.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 04:27 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 04:55 PM
j/c:

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by slick
Well without watson on the field and his ability to conjure up the power of the sexual predator the loss was inevitable 😃

Hilarious! I'm just glad I'm not the one who posted it. The board would have exploded.

rofl
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 05:20 PM
You have no idea what you are talking about. Get bent.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 05:26 PM
There was no reason for Ward not to stay with him or for Delpit not to be over the top.

In fact we should have had one linebacker (JOK) and six DB's.

No receiver should have gotten behind the secondary.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 05:37 PM
The game plan by Stefanski was outstanding. The offense performed above and beyond.

What did not happen was coverage by the defense. They were beat in press coverage and zone.

Kickers are expected to make xtra points. Special teams coverage on onside kicks can not defense a miracle bounce.

Trying to lay this loss on Stefanski is misguided.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish
The game plan by Stefanski was outstanding. The offense performed above and beyond.

What did not happen was coverage by the defense. They were beat in press coverage and zone.

Kickers are expected to make xtra points. Special teams coverage on onside kicks can not defense a miracle bounce.

Trying to lay this loss on Stefanski is misguided.

To expand on that, for Stefanski to step in and start calling the defense would have been completely ignorant and no coach is going to do this. The freaking ignorance on here is overwhelming.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 05:48 PM
--I thought the fans had a right to boo. I also think some of it was overzealous. I'm pretty sure I know which fans are wanting to hate on the team. I see several of them on here every day. It has to be many of them throughout Browns nation. It's unfortunate to have a significant percentage of your fan base hoping you fail. They downplay a win and go crazy after a loss. That's tough on a team.

--Myles should not criticize the fans. You can't beat the fans. What he said wasn't as bad as what Baker did and said last year, but Myles doesn't have as many die-hard fans as Baker did/does.

You can't even make a solid football post anymore without the lies and hate. If you actually think you're fooling anyone with this, you're not.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 06:05 PM
Bottom line is we've played two bad teams - we nearly lost both. Granted Brissett is a backup" - so we aren't seeing the team at it's full potential, but Brissett played well yesterday and was not the issue. Even when BM was playing well we had many games that should have been easy wins become nail biters and we know where the blame went in those days. . . .

It's not too hard - when you lose games you should have won, if you see a pattern in games being close when they shouldn't be - players and coaches are going to be under the microscope and be criticized. Period. And to put the Stefanski talk into perspective - for 4 years if the Browns lost due to bad defenses, missed FGs or bad referring - Baker was the focus of many people's ire - most especially Vers. I think it's odd that now when we see issues - the focus seems to be the fans! That's just odd.

Shocking result - knowing there won't be a change on the coaching staff, I'll focus on the bright spot that was Brissett playing well. I'll just have to hope and keep fingers crossed that the D sorts itself out pronto.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 06:10 PM
I personally think the Jets offense is better than Carolina. Their WRs were open all day long and Flacco is better than Baker at reading a defense and throwing it accurately.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 06:20 PM
There are a lot of things to take in. Some of what I'm seeing on here doesn't make sense to me.

When you're up by 13 with two minutes on the clock, the loss isn't because Chubb scored the TD or York missed an extra point. It's because the defense collapsed. The onside kick wasn't unpredictable but when your own player muffs the ball, that isn't on the ST coach. It seems like the emotions of some fans are dictating their thought process.

And just for grins, let's break down this thought process which is ridiculous.The contention by Vers seems to be that some fans pay crazy money for ticket's, parking, beer and food, fight through the crowds all in an effort that they are not cheering for the Browns to win, but in hopes that they lose. That we go to the pickem pool and select the Browns to win, in hopes that we are wrong and they lose.

As for myself I have stuck up for Garrett, Stefanski and a host of others. It's not that I ever root against the Browns because I don't. I have simply lost the passion that I think qualifies me to be a "fan"atic.

This O played much better than I thought they could. When you hang 30 points on the board and lose to the Jets, your D has failed you. Everything else is mostly fodder and BS.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 06:21 PM
There was no reason for Ward not to stay with him or for Delpit not to be over the top.

In fact we should have had one linebacker (JOK) and six DB's.

No receiver should have gotten behind the secondary.

Nathan Zegura and Joe Thomas were just talking about this play where Corey Davis scores the TD on the blown coverage. They said Ward seems to be the only player not in Cover 3.

Zegura explained how you can see Anthony Walker give hand signals to the defense.

Joe Thomas went on to say the only we he can explain it is that Ward just had a massive brain fart at a critical time. Thomas and Zegura had no explanation for why Ward just stopped covering Davis.

_____

This was an interesting perspective....

Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes
Football is a chess match — one of things I love most about it. Great example?

The #Jets 75-yard TD to Corey Davis.

No, it was not a bust by Denzel Ward. It was tremendous execution by #NYJ that was three quarters in the making (a thread with help up Next Gen)
https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1571892724890013700

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 06:30 PM
I agree Pit in that our offense was basically perfect. As in, it’s as well as I could ever hope us to play with our personnel. 30 points and controlling the game. Shameful to lose it.
Posted By: Floquinho Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 06:44 PM
You have no idea what you are talking about. Get bent.

I totally agree. Why question the HC after such a horrible ending of the game? Bad luck Vers! That’s all it was. Had nothing to do with coaching skills and decision making. Only idiots suggest such stupid claims.
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 06:50 PM
j/c...

Didn't get to see the 2nd half (so I'm the real winner here!), hung out drinking a few beers watching the game with GM and left before halftime.

Maybe it's easier because I didn't "feel your pain", but look at it this way...

We've played two games. It's very easy to say we shouldn't have won them both, and just as easy to say we shouldn't have lost them both. The one we should have won -- we lost... the one we should have lost -- we won.

We're 1-1. Move forward with lessons learned.

I could be wrong, but I feel like this defense has been given too much liberty in "freelancing" based on what they see. "They" have pointed to communication errors and made excuses for poor execution. Time to "man up", individually and collectively. Time for Woods to demand accountability from himself and these players to fix this. There is way too much talent for these mental lapses.

Same with Stefanski. No excuses and no "we battled". If you have to step on toes and hurt feelings -- so be it -- be a leader.

This sucks. You can use the old cliché and say "it's only one game"; but the difference between 2-0 and 1-1 is huge when you're trying to build a bridge to Deshaun's return.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 06:57 PM
Look, you made a post trashing Stefanski earlier in the thread. I did not say a word. Others trashed him and I did not call them out. I made a football post. You called me out. How about you post your thoughts and I post mine w/out the confrontation and you telling me things like "Stop making excuses!"
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 07:04 PM
Flacco basically said it was the easiest game he's ever played.

Fire Woods. Blown coverages littered all over the last three years.

I read that Grossi said today Stefanski is on the hot seat. And he should be. He has to be forced to fix the issue. It's clear he won't get it fixed unless his seat is hot.

For 20+ years Browns fans have learned the hard way how precious wins are. Just can't lose yesterday's game. The Browns are huge on succession planning. I'm sure there is someone on staff who is slated as Woods replacement. Just do it now. It can't be worse. These first two games should have been domination and for the most part they were. Until blown coverages.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 07:08 PM
What is trending with the Browns is defensive lapses.

It happened last year and it has happened in the first two games. The defense should be the strength of the team. In the last two seasons both in the draft and free agency numerous changes have been made with added players.

The secondary has high draft picks.

The linebackers have actually played well. JOK, Walker, and Phillips have played well.

There are no excuses for what happened in the Jets game. You can not allow a receiver to get behind the defense in that situation.

I find it hard to believe that after Chubb scored that the defense was not gathered together and told that. I don't know if that happened or not.

Players have to be accountable sometimes. And sometimes the coaches must as well.

I want to like Woods. I undersand what he wants to do defensively. But something is wrong there. You can not have the kind of failures this team has had.

Once it can be an anomaly. When it repeats. It is a problem that has to be addressed.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 07:11 PM
What was our record in the years before Stefanski got here? I know we were 6 and 10 the year before he got here. Somewhere close to .500 the year before if I recall. A 1-win season wasn't too long ago. A winless season not too long ago.

The guy comes in and fixes a broken qb, goes 11 and 5, wins a playoff game and is named NFL Coach of the Year.

Last year, he went 8 and 9 w/an injured qb who played like crap and many other injuries to players throughout the year.

This year, his starting QB is not playing and we are 1 and 1 and he's on the hot seat? I get that the Fabulous Baker Boys blame Stefanski and Berry for the departure of their hero. But, you should know better. Right?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 07:14 PM
I want to add this to my last post. I kept reading on here about how terrible we were going to be this year. One cat predicted 2 wins. Most had us winning around 6 games. Now, we are some playoff juggernaut while playing w/a backup qb. Btw----I'm not blaming JB for the loss. He played very well. But, the expectations of this team seem to be all over the place.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 07:17 PM
I want to like Woods. I undersand what he wants to do defensively. But something is wrong there. You can not have the kind of failures this team has had.

Once it can be an anomaly. When it repeats. It is a problem that has to be addressed.

I would agree w/this. The breakdowns are alarming. Also, there were receivers for the Jets running free all game long. Hell, we could not even set the edge on many running plays. Woods needs to be held accountable. I just think it absurdly early to make a coaching change. Browns fans have always loved firing coaches. Hell, they wanted Bill Belichick fired and he is the greatest coach of all-time.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 07:19 PM
I'm not in favor of firing Stefanski. But he has shown either no care or no ability to get the defensive problems fixed. I am in favor of doing whatever it takes to get him to take action to fix the defense. I only care about results. He's responsible for the results. If Berry and/or Haslam met with him today and said "get it fixed or your fired" I'd be fine with that. Some people only respond to threats. He could give the offense to Van Pelt for the week and focus on the D.

Leaders who care about results will find a way to get it fixed. That's in all walks of life. Three years in and his D is still making the same mistakes. Is he a leader or a glorified OC?

Fix. The. Issues.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 07:20 PM

Obviously, there is a communication issue at work here. We've heard this multiple times today. That should be fixable. Woods needs to get if fixed. Trouble is, it's a short week and I don't know how much practice time they will have.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 07:26 PM
I'm over yesterday's abysmal loss to the JETS.

JB played better than expected, calling him a starter is tantamount to calling Brian Hoyer a starter IMHO. He's a good game management QB with a decent passing skillset (far from stellar). But at the end of the day, he was much better than I expected. I can finally see why he won the job over Dobbs. But I wouldn't cry if Dobbs got the nod.

The offense put up enough points to win with a strong D. That strong D didn't show up. But the offense did all they were capable of getting done I think. Brissett's INT on the final drive wasn't any better or worse than Baker's INTs in fourth-quarter late answer attempts. But I'm not sure any QB could have been lucky enough to turn that defensive meltdown into a W in the final seconds.

Wood's D was simply not good, again.

Special teams might as well have stayed in the locker room.

I think we'll lose on Thursday. Tomlin just watched us get beat by the lowly Jets, he's salivating. Our entire coaching staff sucks at making any kind of adjustments during the game. But we will battle and work to get better.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 07:30 PM
I just looked up our Defensive coaching staff. I haven't heard about any of these guys. Jeff Howard is our Passing Game Coordinator/Defensive Backs coach. Not a great resume. Time to have a pow-wow w/the main parties to get these breakdowns fixed. I think we need to change the lines of communication. I liked the idea that was brought up in an earlier tweet of having one green dot instead of alternating.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 07:41 PM
I find it hard to believe that after Chubb scored that the defense was not gathered together and told that. I don't know if that happened or not.

Coach Kevin Stefanski had this to say about the blown coverages that led to a pair of Jets TDs: “Obviously, guys are not on the same page. It’s very, very clear what we were doing. We talked about it on the sidelines before everyone went out on the field. We talked to the entire defense about what they (the Jets) were about to do – which was throw it over our head. We can’t let that happen.”

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...ter-browns-loss-to-jets-terry-pluto.html
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 07:42 PM
It did not seem to matter what the coverage was.

We got beat in press man, off man, and zone. Newsome got beat. Ward got beat. He blew that coverage on the first late TD even though Delpit should have had him deep over top.

Delpit looked he was out of position all day. Emerson got beat but not badly. He was there.

Receivers will make great catches at times.

But for Flacco to sit there and throw to so many open guys was disgusting.

Special teams play last year and this year has been poor. Coverage on returns inconsistent. York is not suppose to be the guy to make a tackle like he did yesterday.

There is no way Felton is a punt returner.
=============================================================================================

On the bright side Jacoby and Cooper were outstanding. We played really well on offense. There was a good mixture of plays. Different guys made catches.
The OL and the run game was terrific.

We have out played two teams completely until late in the fourth quarter. We should be 2-0.

Clowney will not play against the Steelers. Wright will start. Thomas will get time.

Even without Watt the Steelers are tough defensively. I am encouraged by what the offense has done.

I am disappointed in how poorly the defense has played. If they do not improve this season will go real bad very fast.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 07:43 PM
vers - I'm wondering since it has been mentioned about Stefanski and his offensive play design: Is it possible that Woods scheme is NOT taking advantage of the skills sets of his players? What do you think? Thanks.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 07:51 PM
vers - I'm wondering since it has been mentioned about Stefanski and his offensive play design: Is it possible that Woods scheme is NOT taking advantage of the skills sets of his players? What do you think? Thanks.

It's possible. I really don't know. I haven't studied it enough to get a great feel for it. The communication issues are real, though. I'll watch closer on Thursday. I don't remember us having this much of a problem last year. In fact, the D was playing good ball for the better part of the season after a rocky start.
Posted By: Jester Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 08:22 PM
I think one of the issues is that we haven't had a true free safety in a long time.
It is my contention that both JJ3 and Delpit are better in the box safeties then free safeties.
JMO
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 09:04 PM
The onside kick wasn't unpredictable but when your own player muffs the ball, that isn't on the ST coach. It seems like the emotions of some fans are dictating their thought process.
Our player didn't muff the ball. The player was Amari Cooper. The ball came right through as expected because it was a very well executed onside kick. The 2 Browns up men picked up 2 of the Jets but there was nobody to pick up the 3rd one. He just wanted to ball more than Cooper. Cooper waited back, hoping it would go out of bounds, the Jets guy was going all out because he is a special teams guy, Amari Cooper was not looking like he wanted to meet this guy at full speed because he is WR1 on our team..... when it looked like the Jets guy was going to beat him to it, he took a swat at it to try to knock it out of bounds at the last second. Fault Cooper for a half-ass effort, fault the coaches for putting WR1 out there to get clocked by a special teams guy at full speed.. fault whoever you want..

Lots of fire Woods, got it.. special teams, giving up a fake punt, missing an XP, losing an onside kick... also had a horrible day. (Punter was good)..
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 09:05 PM
Bingo. No free safety is hitting the nail on the head. It’s glaring, and it has been since, like, forever.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 09:40 PM
I want to add this to my last post. I kept reading on here about how terrible we were going to be this year. One cat predicted 2 wins. Most had us winning around 6 games. Now, we are some playoff juggernaut while playing w/a backup qb. Btw----I'm not blaming JB for the loss. He played very well. But, the expectations of this team seem to be all over the place.

I think this almost falls into the gaslighting category. . . Because some fans had low expectations for the season, it's implied that it's unreasonable to question a game where the coaching staff threw away a sure fire win in the most brutal and "Browns" way possible. I disagree.

I'll repeat, changes to coaching staff aren't going to happen. Imma gone focus on the bright spot that was Brissett playing well. Hoping without much justification that the D sorts itself out in a hurry.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 09:45 PM
That almost makes it worse.

Because once on the field those players should have been screaming at each other.

I am a Myles fan. He is a captain. The best player on the team. A team leader. He talked about being a pro in reference to Winfrey.

He made one tackle. He was playing against a second string player. For him to say “I mean the more disappointing thing was the booing at the end.”

He should have said we deserve to be booed.

This was a horrible loss. It is hard to win in the NFL. The Ravens fell apart yesterday. The Bengals went to the Super Bowl and they are 0-2.
The Steelers this year are probably as bad as they will ever be.

You can not give games away like yesterday.

Accountable better be the word of today. Stefanski needs to crack the whip and make sure everyone is on notice.

Thursday is important. Not just to win. But to set in motion that there will be no excuses.
Posted By: redddog Re: Post Game - 09/19/22 09:56 PM
This defense has been together for 3 years. That is an eternity. They look like they just met each other for the first time the morning of the panthers game.

I understand that you can't just fire a coach after a bad game. But this defense has been abysmal/over-rated for 3 years. When it counts, they choke. And they always have. Blaming Chubb for scoring? Are you crazy? No one thought he was getting in the endzone on that play, chubb included. Looking back, so many things would have changed the outcome. One of those Hunt runs...if he stays inbounds, game over. the near sack from Myles...game over. Recovered on-sides kick... etc.

This defense cannot stop anyone. I realize that no one is losing their job for this, but the only thing Joe woods' defense does on a consistent basis, is look terrible. I've NEVER understood the force-field Priefer has around him. That man has consistently fielded a clown show STs.

We can't win this year with this defensive scheme and this roster. The other units have to be perfect. The Offense almost was. Special Teams will never be perfect. And it is only a matter of time beore we lose a game directly because of Felton on returns. Unbelievable that they keep putting him in that situation.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 12:01 AM
hold on.....why the hell am i seeing people on the media and articles talking about the browns should've kneeled? like blaming chubb for scoring?
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 12:17 AM
Not Chubb as much as Stefanski. We’re playing with a true backup quarterback and need all the wins that we can get before Deshaun steps in. Stefanski should be coaching like his life depends on it. Calling a timeout when we were on their 10 up by 7 would’ve been wise to get a strategy together. - Maybe tell Chubb to or whomever to gain as much yardage in that situation without scoring. -Like I said above, even if we don’t score or pick up a chip shot field goal, had we focused on the clock, the worst that could have happened is the Jets get the ball within their 10, down by 7, no timeouts and 25 seconds on the clock. This wouldn’t have happened if we had a seasoned hc.
Posted By: Jester Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 12:26 AM

For him to say “I mean the more disappointing thing was the booing at the end.”

He should have said we deserve to be booed.

I wish he would have said something more along the lines of:
I mean the more disappointing thing was the booing at the end.
I can't believe how we let our fans down.
Posted By: DogNDC Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 12:41 AM
Not Chubb as much as Stefanski. We’re playing with a true backup quarterback and need all the wins that we can get before Deshaun steps in. Stefanski should be coaching like his life depends on it. Calling a timeout when we were on their 10 up by 7 would’ve been wise to get a strategy together. - Maybe tell Chubb to or whomever to gain as much yardage in that situation without scoring. -Like I said above, even if we don’t score or pick up a chip shot field goal, had we focused on the clock, the worst that could have happened is the Jets get the ball within their 10, down by 7, no timeouts and 25 seconds on the clock. This wouldn’t have happened if we had a seasoned hc.

Muni - I'm sorry but that is some LOSER Crap!!... Yes, the logic is ok with it but your Defense has to defend with 1:55 on the clock and up 13. Sorry, I dont want to hear anything about telling Chubb to do the work for the defense!! Maybe we should have Chubb play defense, pass rush and cover receivers while he is at it!!! A good, well coached Defense just makes the stop. A poorly coached team, that cant even play zone defense at the end of the game, were the basic concept is not letting anyone behind you, gives up points in 1:55... then blames the offense!!l.. That is a indication that some in our fan base has turned loser also!
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 12:51 AM
but remember there was a TO taken by the jets before the 2 min warning. we were gonna need either a 1st down to continue to run the clock, or a cheap FG to extend the lead. on another team, Chubb just made any of those decisions irrelevant. and lets not forget that our kicker missed the xp, or we're at least talking about what happened in OT. that meltdown is all on the defensive ST side of the football.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 12:57 AM
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 01:13 AM

I don't understand that at all Milk man

Chubb is a RB

Let him make TD's

Make your D responsible

that statement is just wrong in so many ways

a coach covering another coaches ass

plain and simple

if i'm Chubb, there's a finger being pointed

not at

up !
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 01:24 AM
Myself, I'm of the opinion that if you can put 6 on the board (7), you do it. If you were up 1, you're now up 8.

No one can count on the d to give up what OUR d did in the last 1:55.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 01:33 AM
It is not Nick Chubb's fault this team lost. The defense and ST play blew this game. However, when Chubb scored it did create the .01% chance for the Jets to have an opportunity to come back. Chubb goes out or slides down at the one yard line it's a first down and Brissett takes three straight knees to end the game.

Kevin Stefanski has told Chubb not to score in game before so the the team could take a knee and ice it. See Browns vs Texans in 2020.

From Jason Lloyd article...

Stefanski’s code word for his tailbacks, at least it was two years ago, was “no mas.” That’s what he called in 2020 in a game at Houston when the Browns led 10-7 in the final minute and the Texans were out of timeouts. Nick Chubb’s orders that day were to pick up the first down but don’t score so the Browns could run out the clock.

From ESPN article today on Browns blowing a game where they had a 99.9% win probability...

Chubb rumbles around left end for a 12-yard touchdown, eluding cornerback D.J. Reed in the backfield and breaking a tackle attempt by safety Lamarcus Joyner at the 1-yard line. It turns out to be a mistake. Chubb should've stopped short of the end zone, which would've allowed the Browns to run out the clock. The Jets had no timeouts remaining. Score: Browns 30, Jets 17. Jets' probability to lose: 99.9%.

Jets coach Robert Saleh: "I've never been so happy for a missed tackle in my life. That was our only chance."

Reed: "It happened at the right time [smiles]. Serious, though: Chubb is probably the best running back to play the game. Lot of respect for that dude."

Jets quarterback Joe Flacco: "Obviously, when he scores, you're thinking, 'OK, that is not what he's supposed to do.' But I'm sure [the Browns] are thinking, 'OK, it's 30-17.'"

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski: "That's on me to communicate that to the huddle. Having said that, we need to close that game out.”

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/...f-losing-into-a-wild-win-over-the-browns

Again anyone blaming Chubb for this loss is being ridiculous. Would Stefanski prefer to have told him not to score again this time, it appears so, but it should never have got to that point. The defense puked all over themselves, blew the game and special teams slipped in the puke creating their own mess. This loss was just a meltdown of unbelievable proportions defying all odds.

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 02:01 AM
Well said.

Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 02:08 AM
right or wrong

It was a 7-10 game

The Browns didn't have a comfortable lead as they did yesterday

two reasons why the Browns lost

D and ST's

When it becomes a point that telling one of the greatest RB's in the league not to score

then there's a serious problem with

the D and ST's !
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 02:19 AM
Jimmy D is right on the nose
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 02:27 AM

It's possible. I really don't know. I haven't studied it enough to get a great feel for it. The communication issues are real, though. I'll watch closer on Thursday. I don't remember us having this much of a problem last year. In fact, the D was playing good ball for the better part of the season after a rocky start.
On Red Zone tonight, Donovan mentioned that this is how the Browns secondary started early last year but by the last half of the season they playing at a high level (he mentioned Baltimore and Cincinnati games). He then mentioned that maybe Woods has added a little more to the scheme and the guys aren't really on the same page yet. He was critical of the whole "not playing together in preseason" which I highly agree with. You simply cannot expect guys sit around in August (meaning NO game speed plays at all) and then expect them to come on firing on all cylinders. Jerod Cherry basically said it's about a 4-6 game stretch before guys are really in game shape with the training camps and preseason games are treated. It's not just a Cleveland thing either. I would bet that teams that did play their starters for portions of the preseason are ahead of teams that didn't (at least in September). If Woods did add things to the scheme, maybe it's time to simplify so the guys can get to that comfort level (if that is the issue as opposed to basic on field communication).
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 02:33 AM
Well said.

I love this guy. Always have. He tells it like it is and pulls no punches. If anyone deserves to see the Browns win the Super Bowl, it's Jim Donovan.
Posted By: Floquinho Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 04:35 AM
In a team with a winning culture every coach and player takes the blame after a loss. We win together and we lose together!”

A healthy and a matured leadership don’t look for excuses or name individuals when they lose. “If anyone is to blame it’s me”

We lost against the Jets because of poor communication on and off the field. Nothing else.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 11:58 AM
The "not playing together" in preseason games is hard for me to swallow. The Rams never play their starters in the preseason and they won the Super Bowl last year. I watched the Carolina/Buffalo preseason game this year and Carolina played their starters while Buffalo did not play any. The Panthers are 0 and 2 and the Bills are 2-0. There are many more examples that back my point up. The best work comes when two teams practice together for a week. The next best are the reps in practice. The games are there for the owners to gouge the fans for more money and for a few bubble guys to shine. The games are also about not getting anyone hurt.

I think the team needs to take a close look at Jeff Howard, the defensive passing game coordinator and defensive back coach. His resume isn't very inspiring and the breakdowns are coming in the secondary on passing plays.

Woods also needs to be much better. Flacco can throw the ball when he has time. Flacco is not good when he is pressured. Why we didn't blitz him when he got rolling against our non-existant pass rush is beyond me. I know it is ideal not to blitz, but damn, you can't let a qb stand back there and not even be hurried.

One more thing............it's amazing the fan and media reaction to a player[s] comments about the fans booing is wildly different depending on who the player is. Hypocrisy.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 12:04 PM
Yeah, the inability to make Flacco speed up and move off his spot was so puzzling. Not sure what Woods would be thinking with that
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 12:24 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 12:24 PM
Teams earn cheers and they earn boos.

the team earned being booed
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 01:04 PM

There were multiple plays before that, where we could have kept the clock running but the play/player went down the sideline and out of bounds, stopping the clock. Your up by 7, under 3 minutes, one should be looking at keeping the clock running as much as possible.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 01:12 PM
Hunt tried to get down. He was running hard. We were trying to put the game around. We needed another score.

Too much emphasis is being put on the clock situation. No way should a team score 14 points in 1 minute and 22 seconds. The defensive side of the ball was the problem. Period.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 01:15 PM
Hunt tried to get down. He was running hard. We were trying to put the game around. We needed another score.

Too much emphasis is being put on the clock situation. No way should a team score 14 points in 1 minute and 22 seconds. The defensive side of the ball was the problem. Period.

I agree that the D broke down, but even before that I was like "Why are we not using up more clock" Literally a clock stoppage at 2:02, couldn't even get to the 2 minutes warning.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 01:22 PM
The "not playing together" in preseason games is hard for me to swallow. The Rams never play their starters in the preseason and they won the Super Bowl last year. I watched the Carolina/Buffalo preseason game this year and Carolina played their starters while Buffalo did not play any. The Panthers are 0 and 2 and the Bills are 2-0. There are many more examples that back my point up. The best work comes when two teams practice together for a week. The next best are the reps in practice. The games are there for the owners to gouge the fans for more money and for a few bubble guys to shine. The games are also about not getting anyone hurt.

How many years have we come out looking like a team who hasn't played together...after a pre-season of not playing together? We did joint practices last year too...and also came out looking like we weren't ready for the season. I didn't see a bunch of other teams - with our roster "talent"...come out completely unprepared...again.

I think the team needs to take a close look at Jeff Howard, the defensive passing game coordinator and defensive back coach. His resume isn't very inspiring and the breakdowns are coming in the secondary on passing plays.

So...the buck stops with one of Woods' guys...got it. It is very apparent that Woods and Ski haven't either figured out that Howard is the problem...or that they themselves are the problem.

Woods also needs to be much better. Flacco can throw the ball when he has time. Flacco is not good when he is pressured. Why we didn't blitz him when he got rolling against our non-existant pass rush is beyond me. I know it is ideal not to blitz, but damn, you can't let a qb stand back there and not even be hurried.

It's not just Flacco. We've said the same damn thing about old guys/backups/scrubs/QBs-in-their-first-start for years. The QBs change...but the result stays the same.

One more thing............it's amazing the fan and media reaction to a player[s] comments about the fans booing is wildly different depending on who the player is. Hypocrisy.

Yes...your continuous display of hypocrisy is amazing. Myles Garrett is our perennial DPOY candidate who is as close to being DPOY as is Clowney...maybe not even that close. MG commenting on the FANS after that display of Q4 football is as pathetic as HIS D's performance...including his own performance. He got HIS sack though...whoopty-heaven. Boo-hoo...the fans were mean after we completely blew a game...maybe he needs a personal day away from practice to feel safe again. Make a damn play to close-out the game and the fans won't boo...hey...if that's too much to ask...how about you just make more tackles than penalties. Maybe he and Sta-Puf Ward can throw more players and coaches under the bus. I'm soooo tired of Browns players who talk more than they make plays.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by FloridaFan

I agree that the D broke down, but even before that I was like "Why are we not using up more clock" Literally a clock stoppage at 2:02, couldn't even get to the 2 minutes warning.

I'm afraid that Ski is just an OC...he's not a HC.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 02:24 PM
Did you see that 3 man rush before the Jets got a TD at the half? That left me scratching my head.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 04:32 PM
I did. Plus, they left Emerson on an island w/G. Wilson on the TD pass. I saw that alignment and I knew they were going to score unless we sacked them. For those who don't watch Ohio State, Wilson is a great route runner and is awesome at making contested catches. That's hard to defend w/one dude, especially a rookie.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 04:40 PM
The move with Emerson on an island was not wise. You can’t lament the fact that we are so young and then ask them to be isolated like that in key spots.

I would like to see more of Newsome on the outside
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Did you see that 3 man rush before the Jets got a TD at the half? That left me scratching my head.

That was bad because it happened right after the Browns had called TO. This was another one where after the play the Browns secondary had there arms up in the air looking at each other.

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 04:47 PM
I did. Plus, they left Emerson on an island w/G. Wilson on the TD pass. I saw that alignment and I knew they were going to score unless we sacked them. For those who don't watch Ohio State, Wilson is a great route runner and is awesome at making contested catches. That's hard to defend w/one dude, especially a rookie.

Agreed. Emerson had no chance on that play.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 06:37 PM
j/c

One thing I wanted to add. I don't think i saw in the replies.

I like how Stefanski adjusted the start of the game from game one to game two. Brissett said his emotions were high for the first game of the season. Now I am not making excuses for how he played that game. Going into the second game, instead of starting out throwing short to medium routes to his receivers. The first drive of game two, started out with two quick/dump off passes to the TEs. They called three screens, one to Chubb, one where Brissett ended up doing his best Bernie Kosar run, and one TE screen to Chief. Stef also mixed in were runs with Chubb.

Why I liked this, getting Brissett some throwing confidence and into a groove right away. I know this won't happen every game, I'm aware Brissett will probably be up and down with his passing. But I like how he incorporated Brissett right away with high percentage passes.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 07:38 PM
Lost in all the Stefanski hate is that he called a magnificent game. It really was a nice mixture of run and pass. Some of the plays were ran to set-up others. He's a very good play caller.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 08:20 PM

Right, and they got booed like they should. If they don't want to get booed, don't look like a bunch of slackers.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 08:21 PM
Lost in all the Stefanski hate is that he called a magnificent game. It really was a nice mixture of run and pass. Some of the plays were ran to set-up others. He's a very good play caller.

I agree.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 08:28 PM
We should retain him as the OC for the next head coach.

If a team does what the Browns did on Sunday, they do not have a good head coach. There are no other explanations. The Jets had a 0.1% chance to win.

And our two best d players, Garrett and Ward, are soft as hell. They're not even mad we lost. Where is the competitive fire? Ward is blaming other players and Garrett is blaming fans. Get friggin mad. Geez. And now Garrett is hurt. TJ Watt sought as many opinions as possible until he found a doctor that gave him the answer he wanted. And now Garrett might sit after playing the whole game. Soft as hell.

I think there's an idea fans better start warming up to...and I am convinced by this more than ever after last week...the Browns will never be good. They won't ever win a Super Bowl. They won't ever be perennial playoff contenders. There is a putrid stench that follows this team around. We could have had Brady and Bellichek the last twenty years and wouldn't have won. It's not in the cards for this franchise.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 09:59 PM

I agree 100%.

IMO, He's an excellent head coach and leader. He makes mistakes and he will continue to grow. I have read i think a few that have said something to he doesn't show emotion or it looks like he doesn't care...something in that realm. Great! That's my kind of head coach. He is the general overseeing the battlefield. If a QB comes off the field after making a mistake...the HC should at the most give a sentence or two of his thought or get a quick response from the QB then move on. The HC has assistant coaches, trust them to take care of the situation. let them give the chewing or communication of what happened. He has to focus on the next play or series.

He keeps the same outward demeanor if it is a good or bad play. I see him as being calm and focused on the action in front of him instead of complaining over the previous play.

In my opinion, seeing Stefanski's body language. When a mistake happens, he has that short term memory of forgetting the last play and moving on what to do next.

I would add more to this with an example, but I hope this is clear enough.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 10:13 PM
I don't know where else to say it but,
I've heard a couple + of Cleveland media types including radio broadcast voice Jim Donovan pile on onto Myles Garrett for Garretts comment about booing.
And some have played the Garrett comment.

From what I heard, ... Myles might just as well have been meaning by the words he used,

that the worst part was that their play was bad enough to cause the fans to boo.

And in that Case Myles would not have been calling out or disrespecting fans, so
Posted By: Bird Re: Post Game - 09/20/22 10:35 PM
No, despite what Chubb said he did not cost them the game.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 09/21/22 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Bird
No, despite what Chubb said he did not cost them the game.

That is just a good teammate taking his part in expressing we win as a team, we lose as a team. In a season everybody makes a play, everybody screws up a play.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/21/22 12:51 PM
This is pretty insane.

© DawgTalkers.net