DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Swish Post Game - 09/23/22 03:25 AM
so glad we got the W tonight, and against the steelers!!!

chubb and hunt once again proved to be the best duo in the league, and chubb i believe is the best RB in the NFL.

Cooper and Njoku had great games today. Coop with a couple drops but overall good game.

Jacoby carried his game from sunday over tonight, and man, dude has been much more better than expected.

defense....look good job holding pittsburgh to 3 in the half. they were leaky in the 1st half on the ground, but pretty much shut in down in the 2nd half. no 4th quarter meltdown.

still, i'm so happy we got a dub, and with a mini bye, hopefully JOK and Clowney can heal up and be ready to go next sunday. we're 2-1!!
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:31 AM
Execution! Love it.

Jacoby played an amazing game.
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:32 AM
And the Chief!! Played like a monster tonight!
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:33 AM
The better team won tonight. That feels good to say.
Posted By: DogNDC Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:35 AM
The team on Offense and Defense executed tonight. They even made some halftime adjustments and made it happen!!... And BTW.. the backup LBs played pretty well!!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:36 AM
D Stepped Up This Week in the second half ...

Chubb is a Beast

Hunt and Chubb Best RB Duo in the League Hands Down ...

Brissett is Playing well

2-1 GO BROWNS!!!
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:37 AM
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:38 AM
I love the smell of first place in the morning
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:38 AM
I'll give credit when it's due: The offense continued their solid play (JB was very good and DW may have a difficult time reclaiming the QB job). The defense was noticeably improved but IMO it is not a top 10. We won so things are much calmer tonight....
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:39 AM
Game balls to the offense. They really look polished. Everybody is doing their job amd doing it well! At the beginning of the season I thought Jacoby would be the weak link, but he's been steller!

The D needs some work, but they did good when it counted. If the D can step it up some we could be very good.

I thought Ski called a good game.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:39 AM
Jacobi has been better than advertised. I do believe I did say I expected him to do well in this offense. He takes care of the ball and good things have the opportunity to happen.

Chubb, I mean…

Hunt, steady eddy

Cooper, as advertised. How screwed would we be without him?

Njoku, clutch

Garrett misses Clowney. The Steelers and Raven know exactly how to handle Garrett. 2 or 3 on him every play.

2ndary played better.

OL has been very solid

York is making me nervous.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:39 AM
When is the last time, 3 games in, we were averaging almost 29 ppg?
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:41 AM
Im becoming a Jacoby Brissett fan.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:42 AM
Chubb and Hunt? What more needs said. Best backfield in the league.

Impressed with Jacoby.

Njoku finally - was it the opportunities?

D wasn't terrible.

Amari had a good game.

W. Over that p team.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:43 AM
Will say… I have very little confidence in our creativity to keep getting 1st downs when we need them in the 4th and am equally squirly about the defense late. That 2nd to last Steelers drive was making me twitch.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:44 AM
2-1 feels pretty good

Beating the Steelers on Prime time

Makes it even

Sweeter !!!

GO Browns !!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:44 AM
- Happy for Jacoby Brissett. Playing at his peak. Stefanski elevates QB play.

- Dear Joe Woods, please let the DBs get their hands on the WRs off the line. They never do this.

- Chubb and Cooper are playmakers.

- Great to see Njoku shine.

- Priefer leaves a lot to be desired.

- Jacob Phillips had been bad, he played a good game tonight.

- Sione Takitaki is a football player.

- No major injuries.

- Gameball: Charley Hughlett. Need to extend his contract.

Go Browns thumbsup
Posted By: Xanthros Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:45 AM
I knew JB would be better than most expected but it’s still nice that he’s as solid as he is.

Browns should b 3-0. Thx defense.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:45 AM
We WON!!!!!

Screw Pitts!!!

Offense had a good game... JB was solid... Chubb and Chief had a big game... Cooper was up and down...

Defense was ok.. would have like a better pass rush... did we have a sack tonight?!?!

Special teams needs work......

glad we won....
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:50 AM
How in the world Did DPJ Miss the Onside Kick I Almost had a Heat Attack willynilly
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:50 AM
Chubb was his usual self, same as Kareem and our bulldozing OL.

The D overall was very good. Ward had a bounce-back game. Fields and Phillips each had a play or two. I hope Walker is ok, glad to see Wills back in the game. I didn’t notice if JOK was back in late in the game, but it looks like his injury was minor.

Winning on TNF means we can enjoy the next 10 days, we are in first place and now can get some of our boys healed up.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:50 AM
Steelers were 1-9 on 3rd down conversions.

Browns controlled time of possession by +12.5 minutes.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:55 AM
We won!!!
We best Pittsburgh!!!
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:02 AM
The last time Amari Cooper had back to back NFL games with 100 yards and a TD was....

Never.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:02 AM
I think Brissett holds the starting job when Watson comes back. Wouldn't that be something.
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:02 AM
Seriously? That seems nearly impossible.
Posted By: homer_brown Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:04 AM
Nice win.

Brissett has played well, way better than I expected.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:05 AM
Great win. Nice to see Njoku contribute offensively. I hate the dirty, filthy steelers. You can't convince me they're not coached to play dirty. I hope AW is ok and I hope 76 gets suspended.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:11 AM
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
I think Brissett holds the starting job when Watson comes back. Wouldn't that be something.

lol. Brissett has been decent but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Baker has a better chance of coming back here and starting that Brissett does of keeping the job once Watson comes back
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:15 AM
Also.

I see people all over the internet saying we should have been able to kick the extra point after the last TD.

The PAT is NEVER attempted if the clock strikes zero in the 4th... unless it is to tie or win the game.
Posted By: bugs Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:17 AM
Now that we beat the Steelers and for those who panic over last Sunday's loss, are we doing ok Thursday night? LOL!

Stay true Browns Fans!!! This season will be a bit sphincter hole tight!!

I'm guessing this season is the "Return of the Kardiac Season"!

Go Browns!
Posted By: homer_brown Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:22 AM
I wanted to add, I love how Steff has been calling these games. guys are running open and making plays.

Hopefully the defense keeps improving and special teams gets cleaned up
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:28 AM
The offence flowed really well

KS did call a nice game, up-tempo and attacking their tired D.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:32 AM
One thing I found interesting is after JOK and Walker went out the defense started playing better. Wonder who had the green dot then? JJJ? Offensively, Berry either needs to pay hunt or leave. Berry wouldn't know talent if it bit him in the ass, especially offensive talent. Chubb and Hunt together do more for this team than any other player sans maybe Teller and Bitonio. Conklin was pretty rusty tonight, but he made it through so that is good, once he gets his game legs back running game prob will go to even another level if thats possible. Wills seems to have reached his ceiling and maybe even regressed, got beat alot and got caught reaching alot.. Not sure what to do about it.. I guess as good as the guards and Conklin are we should be fine unless he starts getting QB killed.

Special teams...just atrocious, anything that required coordination of effort just didn't look good. I still think York will be fine, he's got a taste of kicking at that open end now. The punter was prob one of the better pickups in the offseason. Best thing about tonight was Felton wasn't anywhere near the field.

A few things that still will bite us as the competition gets better, The lack of legit receivers and the middle of the defense. Get the DT's fixed, these guys don't even deserve to be on the active roster. They don't take on any doubles at all. Get Suh or Richardson or both, both of them are good pass rushers from the DT position. We miss that. Myles really needs to take that step forward, He's not in the Watt, Donald, Bosa class yet, they get the same amount of doubles but still find a way to impact multiple aspects. Garrett is a non factor in the run game if you aren't talking about him leaving the edge open for the runner to get yards or overrunning a play and leaving a hole. He's a elite specimen but I question his fire at times.

Coaching still has a ways to go on the defensive/ST side. Stefanski called a good came with the exception of a few situational playcalls that seems out of sorts, but he's def. not the problem, his side more than holds up their end. My biggest beef right now with the team is Berry, he hasn't done enough to bring in quality on defense or WR. Especially at postions that can be exploited. He doesn't value what most winning teams do. He mortgaged the future for 1 guy that can't play yet. Getting rid of richardson, and tretter, and Landry in cap moves that didn't really make sense or clear enough to make it worth the loss of skill they had, looks like Tretter retired so who knows. Maybe he would have kept playing if he was still on team. The way they handled the OBJ fiasco last year.. How he handled Baker/Watson, just alot of little things that just doesn't inspire much confidence. Lets see what he does when some of these injuries pile up.. One thing for sure, we missed Clowney immensely. Couldn't even tell is Wright played.

Overall 2-1 that should be 3-0 against really bad teams. Atlanta should be another win, I think our first test will be LAC. Though they really seem to be struggling on offense right now. But the Ravens, Cincy, miami, buff and TB all in a row will really tell us where we are. I think we have to win atleast half of the next 8
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:35 AM
Originally Posted by leadtheway
One thing I found interesting is after JOK and Walker went out the defense started playing better. Wonder who had the green dot then? JJJ?

Jacob Phillips was wearing the green dot.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:43 AM
Originally Posted by FATE
Also.

I see people all over the internet saying we should have been able to kick the extra point after the last TD.

The PAT is NEVER attempted if the clock strikes zero in the 4th... unless it is to tie or win the game.

I saw that also

when ya won the game and the game is over

Why ?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 05:06 AM
Boo.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 05:09 AM
Did anyone think Ward played poorly?

Juke had a good game
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 09:17 AM
- Brissett continues to shine. He’s played better than ever expected. Kudos to him and Stefanski for his play

- Njoku may have had his most steady, impactful game in the pass game in his career

- Chubb is Chubb … MVP for us

- OL played very well. Pocic is the weak link, but only when he gets out-strengthed

- As crazy as it is to say, our defense is at their worst when we have a lead. Most teams love to make other offenses one dimensional, but that’s not the case with us. When teams go pass happy we stink.

- The Steelers have scary WRs. Najee Harris really underwhelms me … I think he’s below average
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
When is the last time, 3 games in, we were averaging almost 29 ppg?

Last season.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by jfanent
I hate the dirty, filthy steelers. You can't convince me they're not coached to play dirty. I hope AW is ok and I hope 76 gets suspended.

I was thinking the same thing, jfan. What 76 did was inexcusable. But how often, after a tackle, would the Steeler hold on to the ball carrier's foot? Why? Were they twisting it? And multiple times I would see a shove after the whistle. I have been convinced for years that Tomlin coaches this crap.

Other than that, what a win.

- Brissett continues to impress.
- Chubb and Hunt continue being Chubb and Hunt.
- Cooper seems to be always open. Two drops, both at key times (4th down, 3rd and long). The second throw had some cheese on it, though. But overall a good game.
- Njoku with a redemption game. Last week with a drop and a penalty. This week, only one incomplete on something like 9 targets. The one was tough, the DB made a nice play to undercut him. But he had some tough catches in traffic, got some first downs. Nice game, Chief.
- Not worried about the kicker. Yet.
- I was nervous with the late lead, but the D clamped down on Pitts in the 4th for the most part.
- Did not seem to get a lot of pressure on Trib.
- I think Ward was still thinking about the Jets game.

What a win.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 12:09 PM
I had a feeling York would slightly struggle with our home games. The stadium is an X factor for kickers and I’m sure it takes a while to get a feel for it.

Still hate seeing points wasted
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 01:11 PM
Just another note, I would love if Amazon somehow ended up with a package similar to Sunday ticket, or even acquiring the rights to it.. The picture quality and camera work, the Pre/post game was top notch
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 01:12 PM
This was a big win for the Browns.

Specifically for Kevin Stefanski. One poster wrote before the game "simply put Kevin doesn't care."

And "Personally I don't believe Stefanski is tough enough to run the team."

These posts could not be farther from the truth. A football coach who after paying their dues to get to the top of their profession and becomes a head in the National Football League. His first time as head coach is with the Cleveland Browns.

And he doesn't care? Think about that. Think about what any head coach goes through and he doesn't care?

And he is not tough enough? Please use your brain.
======================================================================================

Stefanski put together a great game plan. He called a damn near perfect game. He trusted his quarterback on 3rd and one to run and pass.

Game Ball Kevin Stefanski.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 01:15 PM
Yep, Stefanski has been very good … we had the steelers on roller skates for 75% of the game last night. And the run game is the engine
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 01:16 PM
I love when we beat Pittsburgh! 2 & 1!
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Juke had a good game

ward played well. i dont want to say good because he caught staring in the backfield again and let the receiver get a chunk of yards. but he played really good coverage most of the night.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 01:22 PM
Just another note, I would love if Amazon somehow ended up with a package similar to Sunday ticket, or even acquiring the rights to it.. The picture quality and camera work, the Pre/post game was top notch

i agree. im glad i can stream live games on Hulu, but the NFL games on Prime so far is much better.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 01:31 PM
I'm warming up to JB. Same with Cooper and how about the Chief....

Still have trouble on D.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 01:35 PM
im so glad Chief is getting targets and show up. i know the jets game was a bit rough, but JB is really looking for chief and he's showing up for the team. dude is a monster TE, you can just see his size on the field. i really hope this continues all season.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 01:42 PM
Cooper might be the best WR we’ve had in a long time. He was heating up the past two games and his route running is so good
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 01:42 PM
I would just like to add a kudos to the grounds crew that was getting in Fitzpatrick and Sherman’s heads.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Still have trouble on D.
They made adjustments in the second half which was nice to see. Would like to see the DBs be able to be more physical at the line of scrimmage to create some timing issues in the opponent's passing game. But to be honest, we won't know about the D until after we play Atlanta. Those next 8 games are brutal. This team WILL be tested. The special teams is a concern (partially blocked punt, missed XP, another badly played onside kick). York needs to learn about the wind at FES. Maybe give Phil Dawson a call. A good win against the Steelers. On to Atlanta. Pretty sure that last TD upset a few people. Wow. Have a great weekend everyone.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 01:54 PM
This was a huge win for the Browns. The vultures were circling. Going in, I thought the Browns were the better team, but we were playing the Steelers and we all know how that has gone over the years, including last year when we laid an egg at home and lost 15 to 10.

Some observations:

--We are a better team w/JB than we would be w/Baker. He takes care of the ball better and doesn't take needless sacks. He is also much more calm and a steadying influence on his teammates. He's one of the guys and not the show. I am surprised by how well he is throwing the ball. I really think Stefanski is really good for QBs.

--Speaking of Stefanski, he once again called an excellent game. Great mixture of run and pass. He has a great scheme and is a very good playcaller.

--I think our Special Teams coach might be a weakness.

--Joe Woods did a good job of playing more man, but I still question the defense. He needs to improve or he could be gone at the end of the year

--Delpit is absolutely terrible in pass coverage. Slow to react and terrible angles to the ball. He is good against the run, but he is a huge liability.

--Taki is really growing as a player.

--JOK is good, but he misses tackles due to a lack of strength.

--Phillips played his best game. He gets out of position, but he is athletic.

--Emerson is playing better than I would have thought. I did not like that draft choice. He's proving me wrong.

--Ward played better, but he needs to be even better.

--The lack of a pass rush was very disturbing. It must improve.

--Btw-------the catch Pickens made for the Steelers was one of the best I've seen.

--Chubb was outstanding once again. He's getting a lot of love on Get Up right now. They are saying that no one gets less attention for being so great. Ryan Clark was talking about what a great teammate he is. A jump on the grenade type of guy.

--Hunt ran impossibly hard again.

--Cooper for a 5th rounder?!?! LMAO.......what a steal. Dude dropped a couple and should have sat down earlier on that 4th down play, but he gets open. Very smooth. Great route runner. He and JB are developing great chemistry.

--Njoku had an excellent game. In addition to all the receptions, he was blocking his behind off. We need him to play well this year.

--The OL played well. Pocic had some bad moments, but he made some good blocks, too. Bitonio has an excellent game.

--I was much more comfortable w/Rodgers fielding punts than I was w/Felton. The latter can take a hike as far as I'm concerned.

--We all love York, but man........we can't afford to miss extra points.

--There were a few boos early in the game after a possession, but the Browns shut the idiots the hell up. That's what they have to continue to do. I like this team. It's a blue-collar , hard-nosed team that is very physical on the offensive side of the ball. I like that kind of team rather than the "look at me" type.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
Also.

It's been that way since the 1970s at least.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Cooper might be the best WR we’ve had in a long time. He was heating up the past two games and his route running is so good

I agree. I made a comment to my buddy last night that I don't think we've had a receiver like Cooper STR. That doesn't mean I think he's a stud #1 (because I don't think he is) but he's different (for us anyway) in the way he gets himself open (runs his routes), gets in position to catch the ball, actually catches the ball, is very good after the catch and all that along with + athleticism. We've had guys who have/had a couple of those qualities...but not ALL of those qualities...at least not here. Many other teams have a guy(s) like him...but we haven't in forever.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 02:01 PM
I didn't get to see the game, I'm on a cruise ship. Show snippets and a few minutes of the third quarter when another Browns fan had it streaming on his phone in the lounge.

Not aurora to see Brisset getting in sync better with the receivers. My concern with him is when we have to pay from behind, or a team sits down or run game and we have to rely on JB.

All in all, sounded like it was a good game, and they got the W. 2-1 is not a bad start.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 02:08 PM
I thought that this was still the case. Forced sportsmanship. But it raised a question: The "unpoint" if it is not needed, does that figure into tiebreakers for total points after records? Not sure, but I am certain I do not know of any cases.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 02:14 PM
A couple things about this win stood out to me.

The Steelers knew the Browns would run the ball. They prepared run blitz packages.

Stefanski countered. He threw the ball to Cooper. He keep throwing to Cooper until the Steelers adjusted to the boundary. Then Stefanski went to the center seam with Njoku. When the Steelers tried to adjust and backed out of the box.

Stefanski gave the Steelers a full dose of Chubb and Hunt.

The Browns controlled the LOS and time of possession.

They gave up 3 points in the 4th qt. Bravo Woods.

The defense overall played well. The Steelers only had a few chunk plays. The coverage was good for the most part.

The team was prepared. They were crisp. You could see them communicating. It was clean from most penalty's. The blocking was terrific.

I am running out of excuses for Mike Priefer. There is no excuse for 12 men on the field for a punt or field goal. None. An assistant coach in that situation is supposed to be tasked with counting heads. It happened twice. Once was 4th and six. A five yard penalty. One less yard and it would given them a first down. We have had a fake punt work. One onside kick worked and one that almost worked. And two 12 on the field. York 2 missed xtra points. That is on York not Priefer. But Special Teams has not been special.

Jacoby has been a pleasant surprise. Many doubted him. The team did not. Jacoby is a leader. The players love the guy. He has executed the offense. Watching him shout out to Berry. He fits this offense. He has earned the respect of the players and coaches. Great signing by Berry.

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 02:25 PM
Priefer and Woods have both been bad. Last night's game does nothing to quiet the Woods doubt. The coaching staff in general needs to show consistency.

The Browns should not lose to the Falcons. If they do, we are right back to where we were before the Steelers game. Doubting coaches and players.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 02:26 PM
Anyone else like the 3rd and 2 (pretty sure it wasn't 4th down) call late when I would have just about bet my house they would run the ball, or at most a short safe pass and he calls a somewhat deeper route to Cooper. I am pretty sure Pitt wasn't looking for that.

Also, I just looked up stats for the first 3 games because we seem to have lousy luck recovery loose balls. They never seem to bounce our way. While looking, I found we only have 1 turnover this season, JB's interception. We are taking care of the ball well.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 02:32 PM
A lot of positives about the game last night that have been covered. It's a great win and a great feeling today.

On the negative side, Ward was really bad. What is going on with him?
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 02:46 PM
It's good to see a QB put the team above himself.
Jacoby is just a better QB and team mate than Baker ever was.

Bill Callahan shows why he is best in the business

Njoku needs 12 targets a game.

Will DPJ make a meaningful catch this year.?

The Steelers DC is clueless. You don't even double Cooper
Or Njoku after they roasted your defense in the 1st half.

The Steelers will miss the playoffs this year. Porous Coordinators
Will be the cause of it
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 02:49 PM
Phillips had his best game last night. It would be awfully nice if he and JOK would pair up together. Both are super athletic
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 02:53 PM
Big win after that give away loss last week. We have the best RB combo in the league!
Brissett is doing a nice job.
Really should be 3-0 but glad to be 2-1!
Now beat the Falcons! GO BROWNS!
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 02:58 PM
"Last night's game does nothing to quiet the Woods doubt."

Actually I think it does. This team last year with close to the same players played pretty good defense.

The blown coverages in the first two games were bad. And, I was all over him for it.

However, clearly they came ready to play last night. The were prepared. You could see them communicating. A couple of great catches by the Steelers. Tip your hat. They made the play. Nobody ran free. Starters went down on defense. Replacements played well.

When mistakes are corrected coaches deserve credit. When player communication is broken they deserve criticism.

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:03 PM
I just want consistency. If we lose, but we play sound football, I can live with that.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:07 PM
We have played three games against teams that probably not very good. However, we have dominated all three for the great majority of each game. We have had a few terrible breakdowns in late in two of those games, but again, we have outplayed and pretty much dominated all three opponents for the best part of each game. Considering all the doom and gloom we have had to listen to, I would say that thus far the season has been a success. It might get worse, but I am very happy w/the team overall right now.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:12 PM
j/c...

Sione Takitaki has been playing really well this season. He more than doubled his snap counts played in this game compared to previous games. Just 10 vs Carolina and 14 vs the Jets.

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Sione Takitaki has been playing really well this season. He more than doubled his snap counts played in this game compared to previous games. Just 10 vs Carolina and 14 vs the Jets.

I think that had to do with Walker going down.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:25 PM
j/c,

Well it wouldn't be a typical Browns Steelers game without the dirty plays from the Steelers and the no calls from the refs. This time we beat them both.

I have been impressed by the play of JB and the rest of our offense, because I think that they have surpassed most expectations of them without DW.

The defense and the special teams have been anything but special ... I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:46 PM
Probably true. JOK had the injury, too.

Poor Takitaki.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 03:56 PM
People can say what they want but the Browns deserved the boos last week. They also deserved the cheers this week. I can't say much that hasn't already been said. The combo of Chubb and Hunt are second to none in the NFL. Brissett is looking very good and playing within himself. He seems very cool, calm and collected. It was nice to see Njoku get some targets and make them pay off. Cooper looked pretty good again. He did have a couple of drops but that's not a common theme for him.

Are there any other WR's on the team besides Cooper?

The defense didn't have any huge mental lapses though I have to admit I was concerned in that fourth quarter when the O seemed to stagnate somewhat and kept giving the Steelers the ball back. But the defense held. We've seen three games so far. The Browns have some time to heal up before playing the Falcons. So far I call what we've seen The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Just not in that order. What we'll see against Atlanta is anyone's guess at this point. Then things will get a little harder.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:01 PM

Agreed. Watching the game on a Sony 4K OLED TV was spectacular. Rumor has it that Apple is the front runner for the Sunday Ticket rights.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:04 PM
I'm still livid about this. I hope the league does something.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:06 PM
Such crap (we’re used to it from them)
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:12 PM
Conklin had his facemask grabbed, his head pulled down, after being released the Stiller then shoved the palm of his hand into Conklin’s face mask… there was even a replay on the broadcast.
No flag.
The Stillers are dirty. Always have been. Always will be.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:12 PM
I completely agree.

People were throwing Jacoby under the bus before he played a down in the regular season. Njoku was criticised when one ball was thrown his way.

People were predicting we would win 4 games. Factory of sadness BS.

I don't look back. You can only control your next play. History in football is only history.

The Stefanski criticism is beyond me. Some of the comments are so far off base. Look you want to be critical of a scheme fine. Fair game. But to make comments like "Simply put Kevin doesn' t care." Really? How can anyone draw a conclusion like that?

This is a new offense for a backup quarterback. It takes some time to develop chemistry in the pass game. We know we can run the ball with our OL and Nick and Kareem. It takes time to get that feel with the passing game. Cooper is a go to guy. He is so polished in his route trees. Jacoby can trust him to be there on time. Njoku blocks his butt of on runs plays. When the situation dictates. He will make plays in the pass game. DPJ will get his as teams look to handle Cooper.

The defense is still a work in progress. I was impressed by the way Taki and Phillips stepped in and played. Even Fields made a play. Backups become starters over a long season. The defense still must get pressure and cover no matter who plays if we are to beat high octane offenses.

Each week is a test. The Falcons have some weapons. We will need the defense to play well.

I am optimistic about the offense. Mainly because Jacoby has showed he can operate the scheme and the importance of Cooper. Those two make a huge difference.

One at a time. Let's go Browns.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:13 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:17 PM
Oh yeah that face mask on Conklin was egregious
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:18 PM
Groan. Hope for better news. Walker had/has been playing great this season.

Posted By: Hammer Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:38 PM
Love JB on 4th and 1s. Never had confidence Baker would make those. Have all the confidence in JB making those.
Love having having a big, tall QB who can see over the line of scrimmage and read the field well.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:41 PM

That's the word I would use to describe the dirty deed....
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:53 PM

Bummer. This is a big blow to the defense and the locker room. Walker was having a great season.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 04:58 PM
I'm still livid about this. I hope the league does something.

I don't think they even called a penalty on that play. Wasn't the flag for illegal man downfield?

I apologize if I am wrong about that, but that made me very angry.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 05:00 PM

Bummer. This is a big blow to the defense and the locker room. Walker was having a great season.

Damn! Like you said earlier, Walker had been playing very well this season.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 05:00 PM
That's terrible news.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 05:05 PM
Good post. I predicted we would win 8 to 10 games this year. I didn't think we would suck like so many others did. I will say that while I thought JB would take less needless sacks and throw fewer interceptions than Baker did, I am surprised at just how well he is playing. He is making some real nice tight window throws. He puts some zip on those intermediate routes.

The schedule is going to get tougher pretty soon. I don't think our offense is going to be explosive and play from behind and I am still concerned about our defense. The Steeler offense is bad right now. We are going to have to get more pressure on the qb and we have to limit the big plays. I think the D needs to get much better in order for us to exceed my preseason won/loss prediction.

But, the team is fun to watch. I love the physicality of our offense and I think Stefanski is a really, really good offensive coach.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 05:09 PM

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 05:19 PM
Great stuff. I have said that I thought JB would take fewer needless sacks and I have commented in these post game threads that he really stands tall in the face of the pass rush. Stuff like that doesn't seem to be a big deal, but it really is a huge deal. Think about it.......taking a sack that puts you way behind the chains and often leads to a punt vs making a positive play and often picking up a first down to keep the drive alive.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by DaveyD

Agreed. Watching the game on a Sony 4K OLED TV was spectacular. Rumor has it that Apple is the front runner for the Sunday Ticket rights.

Yeah, the picture was great and I have also heard the same thing that Apple is the front runner. Btw-------I really enjoy the Michaels/Herbie broadcast team.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 05:32 PM
Tough news for walker
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 06:12 PM
Posted By: OrlandoDawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

Yeah, the picture was great and I have also heard the same thing that Apple is the front runner. Btw-------I really enjoy the Michaels/Herbie broadcast team.

Quite the opposite for me, feed was horrible. I had the picture quality of a third party streaming site and quite often had breaks in audio and a few freezes
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by OrlandoDawg

Quite the opposite for me, feed was horrible. I had the picture quality of a third party streaming site and quite often had breaks in audio and a few freezes

What type of tv and streaming do you have?

I have fiber optic and a 4K TV and the picture was amazing. It was like they were gonna jump right out of the tv. Way better than other streaming services.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 06:51 PM

That seems to be the case for a majority of people.
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 06:53 PM
York still has some goodwill built up from that epic kick in the first game, but he is burning it up if he keeps on missing these kicks
Posted By: jfanent Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 06:58 PM

Same here. I watched the first half at my son's place and the feed was amazing. I came home and it was awful. Very pixelated and some freezing.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 07:17 PM
Beautiful.

I was just talking to my son and mentioned you can see how Jacoby is getting comfortable.

In this offense what Jacoby does well fits.

As each week passes he will grow and see all his options.

The defense is based upon qb pressure and coverage in space.

Right now it is hard to tell about the right mix between: press man, off man, and zones. Some guys have been beat in man.

Walker is gone for the year. It is a damn shame. He is a team leader and respected. Phillips is next man up. He made some plays. Both Phillips and Taki are going to be needed.

We have to create pressure from the front four. At this point I am not real comfortable with our front.
Posted By: OrlandoDawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 07:17 PM

Same here. I watched the first half at my son's place and the feed was amazing. I came home and it was awful. Very pixelated and some freezing.

Yeah, my feed was good for like the first quarter and than it got bad. Very disappointing to get the same quality feed as finding a sketchy third party streaming site
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg

I listened to the radio broadcast last night and am watching it NFL network today. I was looking for the turd that jump on Walker while he was on the ground for no call and not long after I see Conklin getting face masked. It wasn't like an inadvertent thing either. He pulled him away from the play. People wonder why I like stuff like instant replay. I would love for e team to be able to challenge a no call on an obvious penalty like that. I know it slows the game but man, that's 2 major penalties in the same quarter.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 07:41 PM

Those numbers can't be right. I am reading a lot about how irrelevant & overrated Myles is. He only has one move and takes a bunch of plays off.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg

I listened to the radio broadcast last night and am watching it NFL network today. I was looking for the turd that jump on Walker while he was on the ground for no call and not long after I see Conklin getting face masked. It wasn't like an inadvertent thing either. He pulled him away from the play. People wonder why I like stuff like instant replay. I would love for e team to be able to challenge a no call on an obvious penalty like that. I know it slows the game but man, that's 2 major penalties in the same quarter.

This is one of the big reasons why I scoff at the notion of "the Leagues integrity". They where simply too obvious to everyone save those who's job it is to keep the game within the rules.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 07:58 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 08:06 PM
I think the issue with York is kicking at our stadium is a much different animal and he probably doesn’t hav the feel for it yet. I remember Dawson needing to acquire the taste for FES too
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 08:21 PM
j/c...

Of those having issues... how are you actually accessing the stream? Through the Amazon app?

My Roku TV with the Amazon app has been seamless. I bounce in and out of broadcast formats on TNF with no hang-ups. Absolute worst case has been 2-3 seconds of pixelation. And I have my speed capped at 50mbps for the lowest possible bill here at my apartment. My home in Ohio was having internet issues and only pulling about 25-27mbps, my son had no problems on a Roku TV there either.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 08:24 PM
Watched it on roku. We only have like 30 mbps. No issues.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
How in the world Did DPJ Miss the Onside Kick I Almost had a Heat Attack willynilly

I took sleeping pills around the beginning of the 4th quarter and was kinda tired, forgot all about that play. That scared me too.

I was so pumped up after we won I couldn't fall asleep. After awhile I got up out of bed and overate, that always works.

The Cleveland Browns should be sponsored by Big Pharma, with discounts for all of us diehard fans on anti-anxiety meds and especially depression.
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 08:46 PM
Roku is extremely reliable in a world where tech never seems to mesh.

I have six TVs in two different locations. All are Roku TVs or have a stand-alone Roku unit attached. All stream effortlessly, some with low-speed internet. Access any show exactly where I left off regardless of TV or location. All apps sync as well. Stream live sports with no hiccups... ever. Had a very old unit on an old TV in my bedroom (still worked great), Roku sent me an email saying it was outdated -- floated me a brand-new unit at $10 shipped.
Posted By: Swish Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 08:50 PM

its frustrating with myles, because you know he's getting doubled and chip blocked every single time, but still wish he could do more. the reality is he's doing his part, and our issues as a fan is we want the highlights non stop.

Coop would've been up there if he didn't have the two drops. i wonder if the play where he ran out of bounds on a route had an impact as well, cause man that would've been a monster play.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 08:56 PM
Good observations on both guys. I would like to add that Myles did do a very good job against the run last night.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 10:43 PM
Just a couple comments and echoing a little of what was said

- Stefanski called an excellent game. This has become the norm....I love it.

- this isn't a negative, it's more of an interested in why there weren't many screens called this game. Was something they saw in film with the Steelers formations? Was it because everything else was working? did they supplement it with more play action?

- Like it's been said Brissett played excellent.

- One thing I love on passes that aren't quick hits: Brissett will go quickly go through his progressions, THEN calmly reset his feet, and make the pass off what he sees or is given to him. My Browns-minded brain cannot comprehend this. I thought it was written in stone, Browns QBs have to have impatient feet, freak out, and must take a sack in those situations. I'm worried the Browns gods may suspend him for breaking this commandment.

- There is so much to love about the offense, Chubb, Hunt, Cooper, Jjoku, the Oline, but it's all been said so I won't comment on it.

- I can't wait till Clowney comes back, Myles always gets double, triple teamed. I hope Clowney can come back soon, as this will take alittle pressure off of Myles and also lessen the wear and tear for the rest of the season.

- Takitaki keeps showing improvement. I really like him as a player, I hope he can keep improving into a reliable player

- One random complaint at the end of the game. Please let me know if I'm being biased as Browns fan. The last drive where we got the first down, they brought out the chains, said it was a first down, then reviewed it, and said he was short. Am I the only one that saw there wasn't clear evidence at all that he was short to overturn that call?? I guess NY/the refs had a different camera view/angle then we were shown?

One last thing: I am really excited about this team!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/23/22 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
- I can't wait till Clowney comes back, Myles always gets double, triple teamed. I hope Clowney can come back soon, as this will take alittle pressure off of Myles and also lessen the wear and tear for the rest of the season.

Zegura mentioned today on CBD that last night was the Browns first win without Clowney on the field since he's been part of the team. They were previously 0-3 without and him. Zegura also mentioned Garrett has just one sack in games when Clowney has been out. Berry has to figure out a way to keep Clowney and should be looking to trade for a pass rusher on a junk team.

Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 12:19 AM
Good observations.

And yes, I was wondering during the broadcast where is the shot that shows where his knee hit and the ball was?

They never showed it. They just said it was decided.

I love it when sports displays people who do the unexpected. US Hockey team against the Russians. Buster Douglas knocks out Mike Tyson.

Jacoby is going to be an interesting story if he continues to play well and the Browns win.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by bonefish
Good observations.

And yes, I was wondering during the broadcast where is the shot that shows where his knee hit and the ball was?

They never showed it. They just said it was decided.

I love it when sports displays people who do the unexpected. US Hockey team against the Russians. Buster Douglas knocks out Mike Tyson.

Jacoby is going to be an interesting story if he continues to play well and the Browns win.

He is playing great. He is sticking to the system and not trying to force things. It's very refreshing to watch.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 12:45 AM
Agreed.

IMO

Heck on one of his sacks on third down, the rush was on top of him and for a split second he looked like he wanted to pull the trigger on a questionable pass. Instead, he pulled it back in and took the sack instead of causing a possible turnover.

Edit: Meanwhile while watching the Vikes play last weekend, Kirk Cousins was threw two crazy turnovers in the red zone. Those passing decisions were just awful.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 12:49 AM
A sack isn't the worst thing.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 12:50 AM
Exactly, it was a very smart play. Especially when our punter was pinning them back.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 12:58 AM
We are only three games and lots of football to play but a positives look shout out:

Brissett
Cooper
Pocic (not perfect, but not a liability)
Emerson
York (winning FG)
Bojorquez (has been kicking outstanding)

It's REALLY early, but great returns through three games so far Andrew Berry and FO
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 02:57 AM
Miles was doubled on most every play last night. It was pretty obvious that he was the focus of the offense.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 03:09 AM
j/c...

Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 03:37 AM
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
The thing I hate about analytics, among many
is I think analytics would be HAPPY to have the Browns come down to a 6 point lead,
and needing to recover an onside kick by the opponent,
for 200 games in a row,
and nOT ONCE just dominate a team into a 20 point loss.
A Stefanski win, it had the bi-fecta, could have been a trifecta
The Trifecta, = it was an NFC team, ( but that couldn't apply this time.)
2. the Browns won but the Browns gave up a rushing TD to the opponents @uarterback.
and 3.
The 3rd part of the Trifecta of a Stefanski, Analytics win, is the end of a game comes down to the Browns NEEDING to recover an onside kick by the opponent, or they'll end up losing the game.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 04:05 AM
I love this guy.
I love his passion.
I love his humor.
I love how he has fun at his job.

And I'm really glad he plays for our team.
-just sayin'

When I'm at a game, and he busts one of those wild-looking 7-8 yarders, I jump to my feet and "Ka-REEEEEEEEEM!!!"
(It hasn't taken off like crowd chants for guys with the "oo" sound in their names.)
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Juke had a good game

ward played well. i dont want to say good because he caught staring in the backfield again and let the receiver get a chunk of yards. but he played really good coverage most of the night.

Maybe we were watching different games?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 09:21 AM
I echo the thoughts about Clowney. We need him in the fold. It helps Myles and makes us much better on defense.

It shows us the importance of finding a long term replacement for him too
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
We are only three games and lots of football to play but a positives look shout out:

Brissett
Cooper
Pocic (not perfect, but not a liability)
Emerson
York (winning FG)
Bojorquez (has been kicking outstanding)

It's REALLY early, but great returns through three games so far Andrew Berry and FO

I think Pocic is fine. Still a long way to go, but my feeling is he is a guy we need to get in to a longer contract. I just don't think Harris has the size to be the O-line pivot. I don't like injury to be the way it ends for a player, but I hope we aren't thinking of going back to him next year.

I am not saying we shouldn't think about upgrading over Pocic if possible, I just don't think Harris is the guy. Harris has to max effort on nearly every play. When I say max effort, I mean max effort. When you have to strain that much on every play, sooner or later you are going to crumple under the pressure.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 10:44 AM
The odd couple Nick and Kareem.

It is funny that those are glued together. Opposites loud and quiet.

The Yin and Yang of the backfield.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 11:38 AM
LOL....that's true. But, what's really cool is that they get along great and are not even remotely jealous of the other's success. And it is great for us that they are both on the team. Let's face it, both of these guys are physical runners who take--and give--a lot of hits. It's nice that we can keep both fresh because they both get carries and even a few catches. I still see Hunt lining up in the slot on a few plays in our future.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 11:39 AM
I can only spell Bojorquez's name because I copied it from Scott's post, but man, this guy is getting the job done. He has been a big upgrade at punter and he has really helped us win the field position battle. Really glad he is on our team.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 11:58 AM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 12:17 PM
j/c...

Is Geoff using silverware as a pointer?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 12:21 PM
Teller and Bitonio really make that play.

Teller gives Pocic the edge because he clips Pocic's guy. Then he he goes and seals the right side.

Bitonio and Wills both skate pull one slot. Bitonio then seals left side.

When you give a lane like that to Chubb he is going to gash you.

Pocic has done well. But Teller and Bitonio are so damn good. They cushion Pocic.

Conklin is a RT run machine.

It does not matter who we play. The Browns can run on any team.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 12:41 PM
The Browns run game is so much fun to watch.

The run blocking is down to science. Bitonio and Teller are amazing together. They put on a clinic every week.

The guy who really has improved is Njoku. Three years ago he was liability as a blocker. He was horrible. He had no idea how to block at all.

He has done a 180. He is now become a strength.

When the trade was made for Cooper. I thought we finally got a guy who would fit this offense. The reason is because the passing scheme we run is dependent upon precision timing. It is a version of WCO. The primary receiver has to be in place "in time." Because the route is timed to the qb drop.
The ball has to come out on time.

This really fits the strength of both Cooper and Jacoby.

It was a matter of developing that chemistry, timing, and trust. The quarterback has to trust you will be there.

Next in line after Cooper is Njoku. Because the two patterns are complimentary.

One feeds the other. If the defense rotates to Cooper. Njoku should be open. Njoku is a favorable match up against most linebackers and safety's.

The Steeler game is a perfect example.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 12:58 PM
As soon as I saw the silverware I wanted to turn it off. LOL
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 01:03 PM
LOL....that's true. But, what's really cool is that they get along great and are not even remotely jealous of the other's success. And it is great for us that they are both on the team. Let's face it, both of these guys are physical runners who take--and give--a lot of hits. It's nice that we can keep both fresh because they both get carries and even a few catches. I still see Hunt lining up in the slot on a few plays in our future.

This is why I cannot stand the "trade Hunt" crowd. Anytime the Browns get more than one good player at a position, fans turn into imbeciles and start wanting to play Madden in real life.

The truth about real life NFL is YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY GOOD PLAYERS, EVEN AT THE SAME POSITION.

Really hope we find a way to keep him on the team next year. He does not have the normal wear and tear of a player his age. Let him and Chubb continue doing what they do.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Rishuz

This is why I cannot stand the "trade Hunt" crowd. Anytime the Browns get more than one good player at a position, fans turn into imbeciles and start wanting to play Madden in real life.

The truth about real life NFL is YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY GOOD PLAYERS, EVEN AT THE SAME POSITION.

Really hope we find a way to keep him on the team next year. He does not have the normal wear and tear of a player his age. Let him and Chubb continue doing what they do.

I agree with you about needing a deep team and I also think some fans believe players are interchangeable or can be replaced by hitting big on a 4th round pick. That was my thought when we acquired OBJ. Not saying it was good or bad to get him or whose fault it was that it didn't work out, but just assumed his production would be just as good here.

A root cause of that thinking by fans that have become "Junior GMs", I believe, is due to fantasy football leagues. Fans think if a certain player performs to a certain stat line, he will provide those same stats no matter where he plays. Also, if the Browns would sign the top 4 wide receivers and top TE and combine their stats our QB would throw for 65-70 TDs. It doesn't seem to occur to them, that those players combined stats accumulate over at least 4 times the number of games in a single season.

Kind of like, because we have both Chubb and Hunt and they both have potential to rush for 1,200 + yards, and very capable backups, the Browns as a team should just rush for 3,000 yards easily.

Anyway, just my thoughts. I hate the idea of Hunt leaving because his reckless powerful running after a team has to deal with Chubb has to be tough for a defense to deal with. Unfortunately there is only so much cap space.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 01:44 PM

Same play breakdown. No silverware.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 02:09 PM
Watching our run blocking scheme is viewing a thing of beauty. The choreography of it is amazing. Our guards do such a great job of punching the d-lineman and then getting to the second level. As an aside, if you guys want to watch something funny, just check out the body language of the d-backs and even LBers when Teller is running free towards them on the second level and beyond. Rhodes got a penalty last week for diving at Tellers lower legs, but the dude was just scared and trying to protect himself. LOL. Even that Steeler LBer got his feet all out of whack and took the hit because he saw Teller's big ass coming at him. I love that stuff.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 02:15 PM
Bill Callahan is a goat
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 02:22 PM
How did the Bills let him walk?

It's nice to be on the plus side of one of these deals for once.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 03:41 PM
Botonio was run blocking like crazy all night. They were swinging him out to that right side and he was moving downfield as the lead blocker on several occasions. It was a thing of beauty.
Posted By: FATE Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
I love this guy.
I love his passion.
I love his humor.
I love how he has fun at his job.

And I'm really glad he plays for our team.
-just sayin'

When I'm at a game, and he busts one of those wild-looking 7-8 yarders, I jump to my feet and "Ka-REEEEEEEEEM!!!"
(It hasn't taken off like crowd chants for guys with the "oo" sound in their names.)

Like the jersey exchange at the end. Cool to see him show Trubisky some love.

"Home" definitely means something to Hunt... that's why he's here. Hopefully we keep him here.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Post Game - 09/24/22 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Is Geoff using silverware as a pointer?

I assume spoon and he's eating a big bowl of Boo Berry while he's breaking down the play.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post Game - 09/25/22 05:14 AM
Boo Berry...
rofl
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Post Game - 09/25/22 06:13 AM
Hopefully we keep him here.

Pay the man.

Since Day One, he's proven that he will run head-first through a brick wall for His Team. He's 100% on every single play, in every single role: ball carrier, safety-valve catch in the flat, receiver route, decoy. He's a positive presence on the sideline. He's everything you want in terms of on-field leadership.

I'm the "Culture Guy" at this web address. For 20 years, I have preached the importance of establishing a culture of winning. Ownership must find/empower the right people to build the ship, then get it launched. In many important ways, the team's culture flows from the owner on down. But on game day, the culture of the locker room is what makes the fans respond. The Truth is on the field. Kareem is the kind of guy you want building the team's culture from the inside out.

Work something out.
Give the man the chance to give his last best measure in his own back yard.

I'd love to see him play his way toward a Ring of Honor bid.

#localboygetsring

© DawgTalkers.net