DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Versatile Dog Other Games - 09/28/22 11:24 AM
Good game this week. Miami travels to Cincinnati in an fairly important game this early in the season, especially for the Bengals. Check out Cinci's uniforms.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/28/22 12:17 PM
Cincy will win IMO. Miami has a tough turnaround after a brutal game.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 09/28/22 12:31 PM
Cincy is overrated, but so is Miami.

Should be an interesting game.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 09/28/22 12:32 PM
Bengals Dolphins game is huge concerning the AFC
Playoff chase down the road. Every AFC game feels
Like a playoff game now.
Game could be a shootout.
This game features the fastest WRs in the NFL
With Chase, Waddle and Hill.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/28/22 12:42 PM
I think Tua is certainly overrated, but I think Miami’s WRs are dynamite. And their defense pretty solid as well.

They can’t run the ball at all, however
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 09/28/22 01:16 PM
j/c

I think I like the Miami defense more than I like the way the Bengals offense is playing at the moment. The Bengals OL has struggled and I can see Burrows being hit and hurried all day unless they recapture their 2021 form very quickly. Both teams have a WR core the Browns would love to have - Mixon is very very good, a top 6 RB in the NFL. But if the game is played in such a way as Tua doesn't have to do too much - I think they win.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 09/28/22 02:35 PM
I think that hurricane down that way might affect the Dolphins
Flight schedule and they may not have enough time
To practice or do a simple walk through before the game
Posted By: BADdog Re: Other Games - 09/28/22 02:39 PM
The Cincinnati zebras
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/28/22 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by BADdog
The Cincinnati zebras

Actually, tigers can be white. There are Albino--or White--Tigers and the uniforms are a pretty good match.

Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/28/22 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
I think that hurricane down that way might affect the Dolphins
Flight schedule and they may not have enough time
To practice or do a simple walk through before the game

I read that they are travelling early to avoid such potential issues.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 09/28/22 03:08 PM
Tigers can be white, but they're generally not actual albinos. They're mostly inbred Bengal tigers that have a rare genetic mutation and frequently have a host of health problems from all the inbreeding.

Link

...Maybe they are a good fit for Cincinnati. angel
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/28/22 03:49 PM
Yes, Miami is leaving early for the game IIRC
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 09/29/22 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Good game this week. Miami travels to Cincinnati in an fairly important game this early in the season, especially for the Bengals. Check out Cinci's uniforms.

Hate to say it, but I like the black and white stripes. Kind of badass.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 09/29/22 12:48 AM
They may not look like world beaters on gameday, but Miami is 3-0 against the Bills, Ravens, and Pats. That alone should tell you all they are a good team. Cincy will have all it can handle Sunday.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/29/22 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

Miami flew to Cincinnati this morning around 8am due to the hurricane. They will not have gotten in a practice this week before the game. Makes sense why Cincy is -4.

Miami is at a disadvantage. Also, coming off an emotionally draining game.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 09/29/22 02:03 AM
Think Miami is the better team but likely Cincy wins... short week and Miami had to move up travel due to hurricane... like Cincy's jerseys...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/29/22 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Miami flew to Cincinnati this morning around 8am due to the hurricane. They will not have gotten in a practice this week before the game. Makes sense why Cincy is -4.

Miami is at a disadvantage. Also, coming off an emotionally draining game.

Good point. Also, consider this:

Buffalo ran 90 plays to Miami's 39 during that game. The Time of Possession favored the Bills to the tune of 40:40 vs 19:20. The Bills had 497 yards of offense. It was hot and humid. The Dolphin defense had to be gassed and are now playing under the circumstances you brought up.
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 09/29/22 12:50 PM
Burrows is going to get hit hard and often...man I feel for that kid, he has damaged goods in his future written all over him...smh
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 01:31 AM
man i hope Tua will be ok. that was a very scary situation to see him in. hope he doesn't suffer long term brain damage after that sack.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 01:36 AM
His hands and fingers positions after his head hit the ground indicate a neurological injury. He was out. Hopefully he’s alright.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 01:38 AM
Really bad concussions for Tua in back-to-back weeks. Oh wait, the said him stumbling/staggering around the field was a "back" issue last week.

Tua probably should not have even playing tonight. Hope he is ok.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 01:44 AM
I pray Tua will be OK. Tua has just had too many injuries at this stage in his career.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 01:45 AM
That's scary as hell. Head was moving forward from the initial impact of the wrap... that change of direction when being whipped backwards accelerated the impact. Let's hope there's some good news in the immediate future. Tip of the cap to the Bengals fans chanting his name as they wheeled him off, I was a little taken back when no Bengals players went on the field.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by FATE
Tip of the cap to the Bengals fans chanting his name as they wheeled him off...

You are correct! I believe there were also a few Miami fans that were chanting.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 01:59 AM
Never mind. See your edit now.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 03:30 AM
Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa taken off on stretcher during Thursday night matchup with Bengals after sack - CBSSports.com
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...y-night-matchup-with-bengals-after-sack/

(The rest is at the link, but this is an important part)

The Dolphins quickly ruled Tagovailoa out with what they classified as head and neck injuries. The team also said he was conscious and had movement in all his extremities. Per Amazon's broadcast, Tagovailoa was taken to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center. NFL Media reported Tagovailoa was transported there via ambulance.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 03:41 AM
Going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Amazon TNF postgame had a open discussion about Tua even being cleared to play in this game.

Ugh..

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 09:09 AM
Prayers for Tua. We all assume he had a concussion Sunday … and obviously should never have been playing if that’s the case.

It was kind of a “blah’ game with the outcome what I expected. Cincy will continue to round into shape … they have too many weapons
Posted By: mac Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 09:23 AM
The NFL now has a mess on their hands for not stepping in throwing the BS flag on the Dolphins for claiming Tua did not suffer a concussion 4 days ago against the Bills. The Dolphins medical staff claimed Tua suffered a back injury against the Bills and after examining Tua in the locker room the Dolphins medical staff cleared Tua to go back in the Bills game...claiming Tua passed their concussion protocol testing

As one doctor commented on twitter after the hit Tua took against the Bills..notice that Tua did not grab his back after that hit, but he did grab his head..!

The Dolphins and the NFL failed to do their part to protect Tua preferring to go through the motions, while pretending that they care about concussions/head injuries.

....AND NFL HELMETS STILL SUCK..when it comes to protecting players from head injuries.

Posted By: mac Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 09:54 AM
The Tua injury vs the Bengals...

Click on the underlined link that says..watch on youtube

Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 11:05 AM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Swish
man i hope Tua will be ok. that was a very scary situation to see him in. hope he doesn't suffer long term brain damage after that sack.

Glad to hear the positive report later on, but I have to comment on this post.

Bro, seeing Tua laying on the turf w/his hands looking the way they did was very upsetting. You never, ever want to see a player endure something like that. It made me sick to my stomach w/worry for that young man. He's also a very good dude that has taken a lot of crap while handling it w/class.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 11:40 AM
Really bad concussions for Tua in back-to-back weeks. Oh wait, the said him stumbling/staggering around the field was a "back" issue last week.

Agreed. After what I saw last week, there was no way I thought he should have played this week. I've never seen a "back injury" look like that. It will be interesting to see what happens w/the NFLPA's investigation.

Also, there are people who blame coaches for playing a guy w/injuries, but the NFL supposedly took them out of the decision making process and put it in the hands of the medical staff. What good is the policy if your medical staff isn't going to be honest? Miami's current ownership/organization has a history of being shady and corrupt.
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
His hands and fingers positions after his head hit the ground indicate a neurological injury. He was out. Hopefully he’s alright.

Yeah when I saw his fingers I was hoping that it was a cramp. Now there were rumors prior to the game about questionable handling of concussion protocol regarding Tua from last week. They are in big trouble if he has major repercussion from this. It didn't look to be anything major. I know we player there every season but is that turf put on ground or is it put on Cement??? Definitely looked like a SECOND HIT situation as in the kid had a concussion going into the game. Prayers out to him...watch over him Lord. angel
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 11:49 AM
Dolphin organization needs to be punished severely. Tua was rocked 4 days earlier with a hit that left him with a loss of balance, staggered, unable to stand and walk. I can't believe there's a time frame with the concussion protocol....meaning if the player no longer has the symptoms several minutes after the incident, that they don't count. It was there for everyone to see. Passing a spot check in the tent doesn't negate that.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by jfanent
Dolphin organization needs to be punished severely. Tua was rocked 4 days earlier with a hit that left him with a loss of balance, staggered, unable to stand and walk. I can't believe there's a time frame with the concussion protocol....meaning if the player no longer has the symptoms several minutes after the incident, that they don't count. It was there for everyone to see. Passing a spot check in the tent doesn't negate that.

This.

And the NFL is culpable too - they have the same tape. As I understand it they have their "independent" staff on hand to verify if the player has suffered a concussion at the games. Just a bad look all round for the NFL. Hoping Tua is 100% healthy and back to normal very soon - and the both he and the NFL are lucky it wasn't worse.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 01:38 PM
That injury to Tua was hard to watch.

I have a few thoughts on this topic. One is helmets and the other is surface.

Helmets can be improved. You see them at practice. It is up to the NFL to come up with a design that is safer and aesthetically pleasing.

Surface: This is where injury happens. More concussions occur when heads hit turf than collisions. It is also the cause of leg joint damage.

Money is in turf. Sure they can use the fields for other events.

This is the NFL's problem - greed. They talk a good game and actually do very little.

Stadiums should be grass. Or, make a better surface that has give.

Tua was concussed last week. Their staff had to go through the protocol. If not the team should be sued. However, that is not going to fix the problem.

It is all about the surface and helmets.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 01:45 PM
I present DJ Moore of the Carolina Panthers.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 01:52 PM
Haha he says so much without saying it
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
DJ Moore of the Carolina Panthers.

Who didn't see this coming? It's always the fault of someone else.

With that said, I'd love to have DJ Moore on our team if they want to trade him. He's had 3 straight 1,000 + yards in a row.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 02:04 PM

Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 02:09 PM
LMAO.

Man Baker has been flat awful, even worse than when he was injured .... the Browns would have such a better record if he wasn't our starter.

You guys need to let it go - that hate you are clinging to is not good for your soul.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 02:17 PM
Dolphins game last night was difficult to watch. Aside from the injury, they definitely did not look like a 3-0 team. Their pass rush was bad. They left their DBs to hang out to dry on top of that. Their DBs' ball awareness also did not seem to be too great. It did not seem like their offense had much of a sense of urgency either.

The Bengals, on the other hand, look to be returning to last year's form. Crazy what Burrow can do when he's got time.

Hope Tua's okay.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 02:17 PM
Back to Tua.

This thing is blowing up. I've been watching an NFL show about this and all kinds of people are weighing in. According to the NFL's policy on concussions, there is no way Tua should have played last night. He clearly checked all of the boxes for having a concussion on Sunday.

I don't know all the terminology and I apologize for that, but here are some points to consider.

--The NFL and NFLPA jointly appoint an independent medical person to help evaluate those suspected of having an concussion and he works w/the team's head medical doctor to determine whether or not the player can return to a game.

--Miami originally said Tua had a head injury on Sunday. They later changed it to a back injury.

--According to league policy, the fact that Tua [on Sunday] grabbed his head, had wobbly legs, collapsed to the ground, etc.......[I believe this is called Gross Motor Instability] he should have never been permitted to re-enter the game. Additionally, he should have been placed in Concussion protocol.

--They had a medical expert on and she was talking about how you can diagnose an ACL tear, torn tendons, broken bones, sprains, etc......but, there is no clear-cut method to determine if a person has a concussion. Thus, they rely on signs and verbal tests and apparently tests that are on the computer. Ultimately, the team's lead medical doctor determines if the player is good to go for the next game. Again, remember it was determined by the independent league's doctor and team's doctor on Sunday that it was a back injury.

--Given Miami's recent history of tampering w/other team's players and the accusation of trying to pay their HC to lose games.......is anyone really buying that the team acted appropriately?

--Something big is going to go down! I wonder who will be the fall guy? Also, I think there will be changes to the rules and/or how they are followed.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 02:25 PM
For those of you who have not seen the Tua clip from Sunday, check this out and tell me that isn't a concussion. It also screams of the term Gross Motor Instability. He should have never been permitted to return to that game and allowed to play last night.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 02:35 PM
Here is Adam Schefter explaining Gross Motor Instability. It starts around 2:20.

Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Dolphins game last night was difficult to watch. Aside from the injury, they definitely did not look like a 3-0 team. Their pass rush was bad. They left their DBs to hang out to dry on top of that. Their DBs' ball awareness also did not seem to be too great. It did not seem like their offense had much of a sense of urgency either.

The Bengals, on the other hand, look to be returning to last year's form. Crazy what Burrow can do when he's got time.

Hope Tua's okay.
Tee Higgins might be the best WR in the NFL nobody talks about
He roasted Xaian Howard who is All Pro CB.
Cincy held Waddle and Hill out of the end zone not easy to do
Posted By: mac Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by bonefish

Helmets can be improved. You see them at practice. It is up to the NFL to come up with a design that is safer and aesthetically pleasing.

Surface: This is where injury happens. More concussions occur when heads hit turf than collisions. It is also the cause of leg joint damage.

This is the NFL's problem - greed. They talk a good game and actually do very little.

Tua was concussed last week. Their staff had to go through the protocol. If not the team should be sued. However, that is not going to fix the problem.

bone...as some might know, I've commented on just how poor football helmets presently are when it comes to protecting a players head and brain.

Many have poo pooed my thoughts and viewpoints on the subject, when I supported the use of the PRO CAP...that had been successfully used in THE NFL and received positive endorsements from those NFL players who were interested in protecting their head and brain.
....ROGER GOODELL AND THE NFL IGNORED the value of the ProCap and eventually outlawed the use of it, even though there was no evidence that using the ProCap was detrimental to the health of any players who used them.

The use of extra padding on NFL helmets goes back to Willie Lanier's (1967) use of extra padding on his helmet to protect him from concussions and he wore that helmet for his entire career.

This year we see the NFL mandating the use of the Guardian..a ProCap like device that is down right ugly. It goes over the existing helmets just like the ProCap did...but the NFL won't mandate the extra padding for use during games.

Roger Goodell and the NFL owners created this entire cluster of crap and should be held responsible.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by BADdog
The Cincinnati zebras

I liked the way their helmets looked but their uniforms were just blah. Did not like.

Not a bad game at all to watch. Hopefully Tua will be okay. That was hard to watch, after he got hit.
Posted By: Bird Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by bonefish

bone...as some might know, I've commented on just how poor football helmets presently are when it comes to protecting a players head and brain.

Many have poo pooed my thoughts and viewpoints on the subject, when I supported the use of the PRO CAP...that had been successfully used in THE NFL and received positive endorsements from those NFL players who were interested in protecting their head and brain.
....ROGER GOODELL AND THE NFL IGNORED the value of the ProCap and eventually outlawed the use of it, even though there was no evidence that using the ProCap was detrimental to the health of any players who used them.

The use of extra padding on NFL helmets goes back to Willie Lanier's (1967) use of extra padding on his helmet to protect him from concussions and he wore that helmet for his entire career.

This year we see the NFL mandating the use of the Guardian..a ProCap like device that is down right ugly. It goes over the existing helmets just like the ProCap did...but the NFL won't mandate the extra padding for use during games.

Roger Goodell and the NFL owners created this entire cluster of crap and should be held responsible.
I don’t disagree. The impact and bounce back trauma of the brain moving is extremely dangerous.

I recall reading something about boxing that is related. Back in the old days of bare knuckle boxing the boxers concentrated on body shots. Certainly traumatic but they weren’t damaging their brains. The development of boxing gloves resulted in head shots leading to the danger of a damaged brain. One wonders what we will see with MMA guys as they hit their 40’s, 50’s and 60’s.

Of course, I have heard commercials on the radio whining about the alleged pussification of football. Players today are faster, stronger and weigh more than players of the past. F=MA doesn’t give a damn about you nor do the momentum equations of physics.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 03:30 PM
Better helmets can help, but they are not the cure-all. It was reported today that the Guardian helmets that we saw at the Training Camps this summer that if one player has the Guardian on, it would reduce concussions by 10% and if both players were wearing the Guardians, concussions would be reduced by 20%. So, that helps......but, there is way more to it.

A lot of concussions can also "occur from a fall or a blow to the body that causes the head to move rapidly back and forth." What happens is the head stops, but your brain keeps moving in your head and that causes the trauma. I have experienced both types of concussions. I had seven altogether and they ended my playing days. That was way back in the 1970s when there was no such thing as a concussion protocol and coaches would shame players into playing. As players, many of us would play through these injuries because we wanted to stay on the field and/or not lose our job. I'm sure that mentality still exists for many players.

Look, concussions are going to occur in football. Focus must be on following the protocols and perhaps tweaking those policies to prevent these players from returning to the field before they should.

Please don't take this as me arguing w/you. Take it for what it is..........knowledge.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 03:33 PM
Obviously, the NFL is fully aware of all the issues surrounding concussions.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-ex-pla...ent-in-concussions-suit-0ap1000000235494

$765 m is not a small amount. However, compared to the worth of owners and league profits. Small dent.

How does that help a guy 10/15 years after football? When he is facing the health issues surrounding his football career?

There is most likely not a player in the NFL who has not had a concussion except kickers.

The thing is concussions happen all the time that never get reported. The player "shakes it off." "Clear the cobwebs."

It is cumlative damage hundreds of small concussions over time.
===============================================================================

This is the NFL and it up to them to fix it. Players will play because they are hungry for the money and glory. It is up to the owners who are the league.

Maybe Tua's injury will make few waves? Then it will fade. Greed will win over safety.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 03:57 PM
I agree. higgins is a really good wr
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 04:43 PM
There is zero chance that he should have been allowed to continue to play after that.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 04:44 PM
I watched Baker's presser from yesterday after watching the Moore clip. A lot of the same rhetoric he used to say here...everyone do their jobs...it's the little things...etc. But mostly he looked like he wasn't enjoying football anymore. I mentioned this months ago long before he was traded and it was another thing I took a lot of personal jabs on, but I think the NFL is harder than he thought it was going to be, he isn't having any fun, and I can see him walking away. He's mentioned several times the difference between college and the pros and I don't think it's turned out the way he thought. Plus, I think he underestimated the amount of work it would require to be good and just doesn't know how to fix that.

He's been really bad so far. I feel bad for him a little. He still brought some good times to the fans in Cleveland. From a football standpoint I am glad we moved on, even if Brissett regresses. Just doesn't seem Baker is long for the league.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 05:04 PM
Baker will join College Gameday or something along those lines before he accepts role as a career back-up a la the Colt McCoy route.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 06:02 PM
Sounds a lot like Johnny Manziel. We sure know how to draft QB's don't we?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 07:02 PM
j/c

I notice how it seems everyone is jumping to the conclusion that the responsibility and decision about Tua having a concussion last week lies with Miami's medical staff. That somehow it was the team that cleared Tua to go back into the game. However, when looking at how NFL protocol works the team doctors do not have the final say and there are actually three Neurotrauma Consultants that monitor the entire process.....

» Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant: Three credentialed neurotrauma consultants, who are unaffiliated with either team, staff the sidelines, monitor the broadcast of the game, and work with the team medical staffs to identify, screen for and diagnose concussions.

» Visiting Team Medical Liaisons: When traveling across state lines, every visiting team is required to retain a local board-certified and locally licensed emergency physician, who is typically affiliated with the trauma center nearest the NFL stadium.

» Booth ATC Spotters and the Medical Timeout: For all NFL games, two certified athletic trainers — retained by the league and unaffiliated with any NFL teams — observe the game from a booth above the field and monitor the broadcast to identify potential injuries, especially concussions and other head and neck injuries. The booth ATC spotter has the authority to call a medical timeout to permit the medical evaluation of a player who may have suffered a concussion or head injury.

https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthandsafety/resources/fact-sheets/nfl-health-and-safety-fact-sheet

It seems to me if anyone dropped the ball here it was the professionals hired to monitor such situations by the NFL.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 07:03 PM
Obsession is an interesting thing to watch play out.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 08:13 PM
Even when Baker was here he alluded to Oklahoma and college A LOT. I think he loved playing in college and his love for the NFL has waned.

He’s really not a good QB right now for whatever reason
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Rishuz
I watched Baker's presser from yesterday after watching the Moore clip. A lot of the same rhetoric he used to say here...everyone do their jobs...it's the little things...etc. But mostly he looked like he wasn't enjoying football anymore. I mentioned this months ago long before he was traded and it was another thing I took a lot of personal jabs on, but I think the NFL is harder than he thought it was going to be, he isn't having any fun, and I can see him walking away. He's mentioned several times the difference between college and the pros and I don't think it's turned out the way he thought. Plus, I think he underestimated the amount of work it would require to be good and just doesn't know how to fix that.

He's been really bad so far. I feel bad for him a little. He still brought some good times to the fans in Cleveland. From a football standpoint I am glad we moved on, even if Brissett regresses. Just doesn't seem Baker is long for the league.
The worst thing that happened to Faker Gayfield was him breaking
Peyton Manning's TD record for rookie QBs.
It gave him a already bigger ego and Baker thought he had arrived
As a QB. He felt he didn't need a QB coach or a anykind
Of help in the offseason
Then what happened. Year 2 he went backwards
He was even as quoted as saying he thought the game would
Come easy.
In short..Baker has never had a strong work ethic in the NFL.
And it showed on filmed. The film doesn't lie.
Yet his fanclub doesn't hold him accountable for his regression
In play. Stefanski did a great job of hiding Mayfields shortcomings
But a HC can only hide so much
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 09:08 PM

The worst thing that happened to Faker Gayfield was him breaking
Peyton Manning's TD record for rookie QBs.
It gave him a already bigger ego and Baker thought he had arrived
As a QB. He felt he didn't need a QB coach or a anykind
Of help in the offseason
Then what happened. Year 2 he went backwards
He was even as quoted as saying he thought the game would
Come easy.
In short..Baker has never had a strong work ethic in the NFL.
And it showed on filmed. The film doesn't lie.
Yet his fanclub doesn't hold him accountable for his regression
In play. Stefanski did a great job of hiding Mayfields shortcomings
But a HC can only hide so much

Faker Gayfield?

You're obsessed... or struggling through puberty. Seek help.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 09:16 PM
Lighten up Francis. I'm don't have maturity issues.
This is a nameless. Faceless message board
We talk football politics etc.
Some people are so thin skinned
Regarding Mayfield . It's funny how people get so bent out of
Shape over a football player who could care less
About anyone on this board
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 09:35 PM
Oh I agree. Gay slurs are cool as long as it's a nameless, faceless message board ! thumbsup

i don't know why - none of the 'purples' look right to me.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 09:42 PM
Gay slurs are not cool. Don't lower yourself to their level.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 09:45 PM
Gay slurs are not cool. Don't lower yourself to their level.

Lower himself to whose level?? Others are using gay slurs??
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 10:08 PM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 10:27 PM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 09/30/22 10:28 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/01/22 02:08 AM
I’m glad it seems like he’s doing fine today, but we also know these things can linger and/or appear later too.

Hopefully it’s a wake up call for the NFL
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 10/01/22 02:20 AM

Who didn't see this coming? It's always the fault of someone else.

With that said, I'd love to have DJ Moore on our team if they want to trade him. He's had 3 straight 1,000 + yards in a row.

Well, we can't all have a top 5 rapey QB.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Other Games - 10/01/22 09:58 AM

Agreed. After what I saw last week, there was no way I thought he should have played this week. I've never seen a "back injury" look like that. It will be interesting to see what happens w/the NFLPA's investigation.

Also, there are people who blame coaches for playing a guy w/injuries, but the NFL supposedly took them out of the decision making process and put it in the hands of the medical staff. What good is the policy if your medical staff isn't going to be honest? Miami's current ownership/organization has a history of being shady and corrupt.

As I understand things, it isn't just the team medical staff. I think the NFL or NFLPA has doctors who also review the findings of the team staff. Maybe what happened this week has nothing to do with what happened last week?

I don't think team Dr's are employees of the team. They are contracted by the team. There is a difference. The Browns use University Hospitals as their team's health care provider. I don't think the team influences the Dr's assigned to the team.

I do understand that you have some specific knowledge on this matter.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 10/01/22 11:47 AM
Independent neurologist cleared Tua to play.

It is not on the head coach or the team.

This is a case. Whatever the investigation finds it does not address the problem only the symptom.

Safer helmets and grass, or a surface that gives is the only long term thing that can lower the risks.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 12:10 AM

Glad to hear the positive report later on, but I have to comment on this post.

Bro, seeing Tua laying on the turf w/his hands looking the way they did was very upsetting. You never, ever want to see a player endure something like that. It made me sick to my stomach w/worry for that young man. He's also a very good dude that has taken a lot of crap while handling it w/class.

Agreed. It was unsettling to see that.
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 04:08 AM
at minimum Tua should sit the next 2-3 games.. A concussion/hit hard enough to induce a fencing response is no joke and NFl concussion protocol is a joke if they think he's good to go, Had no business playing Thurs and def should be out for a few games.. NfL acts like they care about safety until it starts to slow down ticket sales. Tua is injury prone as it is and back to back head to turf and letting him play is not in best interest of the player.. Regardless of what the "specialists" have to say, the team should to the right thing. Tua is an easy guy to root for, hate to see him screwed over by the team not thinking about safety ala Colts/Luck
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 09:26 AM
Reminder: there is a game at 9:30 this morning
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 10:35 AM
I saw where the NFLPA has terminated the independent medical consultant related to the Tua deal.

I guess we are always looking for someone to blame.

The team Dr's saw no reason he couldn't play. The independent Dr. saw no reason he couldn't play. That leaves me with a few thoughts.

1. The injuries may have had nothing to do with the other and it was just a chance draw of the cards.

2. We also act like Dr.s know everything. That simply isn't the case, especially when you start dealing with neurological issues. Tua complained about a back issue but everybody concentrated on a concussion. The spine and brain are connected. Watching the hit on Thursday, the twisting of the back seemed pretty bad to my untrained eyes as the head hitting the turf didn't seem all that bad.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 11:17 AM
So now there is a punishment for the doctor and the NFL is going to change the protocol.

Again the NFL is merely putting lipstick on to please the fans.

Those actions will not do a thing to lower the risk of concussion injuries.

They are after the fact of injury.

Concussions occur in collisions to the brain when contact is made with the head from hitting the ground or hitting another helmet.

The helmet and the ground has to change to reduce the risk of concussions.

Grass has way more give than turf. Helmets can be made better to protect the brain. It really is pretty simple. The brain is jello inside a case of skull. Collisions shake the brain.

Changing the protocol or punishing the doctor is window dressing.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 11:53 AM
While I agree w/you and peen, I maintain that anyone who has ever had a concussion or played the sport and have seen others w/a concussion, there was no doubt that Tua had a concussion. It was criminal to put him back on the field Sunday and then start him on Thursday.

As I said before [and this is not me talking, it's the medical expert that one of the network's rely on]......you can use things like MRIs to determine ACL tears, shoulder issues, etc. You can see visible swelling w/sprains and the like. You can identify an irregular heartbeat and other issues. They refer to Concussions as The Black Hole because you can't accurately diagnose them like the other issues. This is not just true in sports, but for everyone out there...i.e. a person involved in a car crash. They determine if they someone has a concussion by symptoms, physical signs [like the staggering and grabbing one's head,] and a series of questions.

Thus, the thinking is that you error on the side of caution. Again, I had 7 of the damn things!!! Once you get one, the others come easier. And this is real important to anyone who doesn't know this and is reading this. The biggest issue w/concussions is what they do to people 15, 20, 25 years down the road. We have had players taking their own lives due to CET. Many of us suffer from things like depression, mood swings, etc. It's not a joking matter.

So, while I agree w/you guys that the NFL is to blame because of things like playing on cement fields, their quest for money, etc, we have to accept the fact that football is an extremely violent game and you will never be rid of concussions. They are a part of the game and while helmet improvements and playing on natural turf will help, concussions will always occur in football. Therefore, when one displays clear signs of a concussion.........you certainly don't trot him right back out there. Again, seeing Tua's head slam off the ground, him grabbing for it immediately, getting shakily up to his feet, stumbling on wobbly legs and falling while grabbing his head again should have told anyone involved that there was no way he should have been permitted to play.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 02:48 PM
Saints/Vikes is a snooze fest thus far. Dalton is so vanilla
Posted By: bonefish Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 02:57 PM
Football is violent and injuries will occur including concussions.

However, those practice helmets on one player reduce concussion risk by 10% if both are wearing helmets 20%.

Turf is the cause of many injuries.The players know it so does the union. Tretter has stated it as well.

Turf is for money and that is all. Not player safety.

The owners are the NFL. If it were up to the players union. All fields would be grass. And if the helmets could be improved and still look cool. The change would come.

The NFL is a billionaire private club. When the issue is betwwen money and player safety. Money wins.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 03:33 PM
Dalton showing his Manning speed.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 04:37 PM
Wow, almost a Dawson double doinker!
Posted By: BustkeviousMingo Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 04:39 PM
I thought Lutz had that 61 yard fg. Tough loss for the Saints
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 04:40 PM
Crazy ! Thought he had a 61 yarder

Then the upright and cross bar double doink !

Holy crap exciting ending
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 06:05 PM
HOLY CRAP !!!!!
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 06:17 PM
Bills not helping any
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 06:23 PM
come on bills needed them to smack the ravens
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 07:03 PM
Pickett got Picked
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 07:22 PM
come on Bills Tied at 20
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 07:53 PM
Bills moving the ball
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 07:53 PM
please bills, win this game
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 08:04 PM
Buffalo playing smart football
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 08:05 PM
Discord along the Ravens side
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 08:14 PM
Bills win !!

Jets ahead of Pittsburgh
Posted By: Squires Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 08:42 PM
What happened to Trubisky?
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 08:49 PM
Josh Allen doing Josh Allen things
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Squires
What happened to Trubisky?

Played horrible

got benched
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 09:11 PM
The bad news is we’ve lost some bad ones .. ATL/NYJ are terrible teams. We had a chance to have a real leg up. Now our schedule gets brutal
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 10:15 PM
Meanwhile Baker Mayfield is proving the front office right
In Berea.he is a ridiculous 14 23 104 1 INT
VS ARIZONA
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 10:25 PM
There are no great football teams currently in the NFL. I think most of the league is 2-2.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 11:00 PM
Baker with 2 INTs, 5 batted balls 180yds being booed. Wouldn't be surprised if he his benched in the upcoming weeks.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 11:01 PM
j/c...

Baker with 4 batted down passed included 1 for an INT today and was booed off the field. He's led one scoring drive today that was a 54 yard FG. This is brutal to watch.

*Hot Take*

Baker calls it a career after this season and heads into broadcasting.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 11:02 PM
Our FO made the right decision with Baker.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 11:03 PM
Baker 9 batted balls so far
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 11:05 PM
j/c...

Baker with 4 batted down passed included 1 for an INT today and was booed off the field. He's led one scoring drive today that was a 54 yard FG. This is brutal to watch.

*Hot Take*

Baker calls it a career after this season and heads into broadcasting.

Hey, I called it first!
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Our FO made the right decision with Baker.
Not according to Eotab.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 11:47 PM
The Patriots had the worst QB they’ve ever fielded and just lost in ot to Green Bay
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 11:49 PM
I thought the Pats were the one game we could win in this tough upcoming 6 game stretch.

Scratch that! We'll be 2-8 when Watson gets back on the field.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 11:49 PM
Anybody notice how more NFL offenses are using dual
RB offenses now?
The Pack, Pat's, Cowboys , Broncos,....
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 11:52 PM
RB offenses now?

None of those teams are beating down anybody.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Other Games - 10/02/22 11:53 PM
RB offenses now?

Yes! GB has probably the 2nd best tandem behind Chunt.

But then any tandem looks great vs our defense.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 12:20 AM
Oh boy. We've seen how this movie ends.

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 12:23 AM
Oh boy.

And. Here. We. Go.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 12:29 AM
Panthers fans are screaming for Darnold. It's bad.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 12:31 AM
I feel bad for Baker.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 01:09 AM
j/c...

Mahomes is stupidly good.

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 01:10 AM
Insane.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 01:19 AM
That is why I still have the Chiefs over the Bills.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 01:20 AM
Agreed. Until Allen beats the Mahomes, I'm taking Mahomes.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 01:22 AM
KC is really good (obviously)
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 01:39 AM
j/c...

Hilarious.

Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 01:42 AM
That's his wife?

That's awesome. Sounds like something my wife would do.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 01:49 AM
Yep. Married a good one. thumbsup
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I feel bad for Baker.

i dont.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 11:43 AM
and ill take moral victories all season til DW returns.

Jacoby might have played all that well, but he was baker mayfield 7.4 QBR bad.

at least the ravens lost

and pittsburgh is in the BASEMENT.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 12:16 PM
I'm putting off going to the Post Game thread. I know it's going to be stupid. LOL

Anyway......other games.

--Bills/Ravens was entertaining. I watched a ton of this game on a second TV, so I didn't see as much of some of the other early games. Allen and Lamar are the two front-runners for the MVP. Terrible weather. Baltimore blows yet another huge lead. Their D is worse than ours when it comes to breakdowns. Josh Allen has really developed a great will to win. He makes mistakes, but he keeps coming. Dude is relentless.

--Eagles/Jags game was good, too. I didn't see any of the first half except the last couple of minutes. Watched quite a bit of the second half. Terrible weather again. Eagles have a lot of strong units, including both lines. That's important.

--I wanted to watch the Chargers because we play them next, but didn't get around to it.

--GB/NE. That was a tough game. Things are not coming easy to Green Bay this year. NE is lacking talent. Belichick the coach is far superior to Belichick the GM. Hoyer w/a head injury.

--Den/Las Vegas was pretty good. Russ is overrated. I heard he is not the most popular teammate. Apparently, he has his own office in the locker room. Glad we didn't acquire him. The Raiders OL is really bad and their secondary isn't all that. They do have some nice weapons and a couple of good Edge guys.

--Car/AZ was a bad game. I detest both QBs. Both come across as so selfish. Sick of seeing Murray pout. He did make some plays w/his legs, though. He is talented, just emotionally weak. Baker just flat out stinks. Not sure when the Fabulous Baker Boys will ever admit it. 5 more tipped passes and most were w/plenty of distance between him and the DL. Inaccurate throws all over the place. Two picks. One offensive TD. Good thing he was "unleashed."
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 12:20 PM
Good breakdown Vers. I watched pretty much the same thing. Russell Wilson is not a good QB anymore. If I was a Broncos fan I’d be concerned watching him and the offense right now.

I also thought the Jax/Eagles game was good. both teams seem legit. Jacksonville has talent and has a good coach now.

The Panthers SUCK. Baker is a bad, bad player. That’s gonna implode
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 12:59 PM
I'm putting off going to the Post Game thread. I know it's going to be stupid. LOL

Anyway......other games.

--Bills/Ravens was entertaining. I watched a ton of this game on a second TV, so I didn't see as much of some of the other early games. Allen and Lamar are the two front-runners for the MVP. Terrible weather. Baltimore blows yet another huge lead. Their D is worse than ours when it comes to breakdowns. Josh Allen has really developed a great will to win. He makes mistakes, but he keeps coming. Dude is relentless.

--Eagles/Jags game was good, too. I didn't see any of the first half except the last couple of minutes. Watched quite a bit of the second half. Terrible weather again. Eagles have a lot of strong units, including both lines. That's important.

--I wanted to watch the Chargers because we play them next, but didn't get around to it.

--GB/NE. That was a tough game. Things are not coming easy to Green Bay this year. NE is lacking talent. Belichick the coach is far superior to Belichick the GM. Hoyer w/a head injury.

--Den/Las Vegas was pretty good. Russ is overrated. I heard he is not the most popular teammate. Apparently, he has his own office in the locker room. Glad we didn't acquire him. The Raiders OL is really bad and their secondary isn't all that. They do have some nice weapons and a couple of good Edge guys.

--Car/AZ was a bad game. I detest both QBs. Both come across as so selfish. Sick of seeing Murray pout. He did make some plays w/his legs, though. He is talented, just emotionally weak. Baker just flat out stinks. Not sure when the Fabulous Baker Boys will ever admit it. 5 more tipped passes and most were w/plenty of distance between him and the DL. Inaccurate throws all over the place. Two picks. One offensive TD. Good thing he was "unleashed."
That Bailey Zappe looked really poised vs the Packers.
That's a hard place even for a established vet to win in.

I watched Herbert with a rib cage injury still disect the Texans
No excuses he just went out and made the throws he had to.
Kinda funny how Baker. Hurts his non throwing shoulder
And every excuse is made for his ineptness last year.
Herbert is just a tougher, stronger minded QB than Baker.
A rib injury affects your throwing motion more than
A torn labrum in your non throwing shoulder
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 01:05 PM
I forgot the KC/TB game.

Mahomes is a magician. He is so fun to watch. His instincts are off the charts. Andy Reid is a good offensive mind. Chiefs pretty much dominated the game. TB has a great defense and Mahomes and Chiefs carved them up.

Brady threw for a lot of yards and had a nice game, but he doesn't look like he is enjoying himself this year. Anyone else notice that? He looks like he is very unhappy.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 01:17 PM
I think he's going through a divorce and that's why.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 01:22 PM
That sucks.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 03:01 PM
I think he's going through a divorce and that's why.

Antonio Brown's IG post of he and Gisele with AB insinuating he slept with Gisele probably didn't help either.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/03/antonio-brown-posts-gisele-bundchen-pic-amid-tom-brady-marital-woes/
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 03:08 PM
Antonio Brown should be banned from the planet Earth. He's a disgusting individual.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 04:33 PM
Looks like Carolina fans are stuck w/Baker for a little while longer.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 04:43 PM
I didn't hear about this until just now. Also, there is a video of him addressing the issue after the game. He was really choked up. Pretty scary stuff.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 05:03 PM
The new fragrance by Vers.... Obsession.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 06:13 PM
D.K. Metcalf bathroom break....

Did anyone else wonder why D.K. was carted off the field?

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 06:40 PM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 08:10 PM
Man, the injuries are piling up around the NFL. The Javonte Williams injury is sad news. BTw---C. Patterson went on IR today.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 09:55 PM
Patterson wasn’t right at all .. and he still blew through our defense lol.

Tough news for Javonte
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/03/22 10:32 PM
I mentioned Mahomes that I think Mahomes is a magician earlier. Can't believe that no one has mentioned this play, but........Come on, Man!

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/04/22 09:23 AM
the Rams look terrible. Their offense seems stale and has no playmakers outside of Kupp.

49ers are just solid enough all the way around to keep being a good team
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/04/22 11:03 AM
The Rams OL was a mess.
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 10/04/22 12:41 PM
I didn't hear about this until just now. Also, there is a video of him addressing the issue after the game. He was really choked up. Pretty scary stuff.

So much for the HIPPA Laws.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/04/22 01:03 PM
I hadn’t actually heard or read anything about the Watt situation. It sucks for these players that their medical stuff is so public
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/04/22 01:37 PM
He said that the only people who knew about it before it was leaked was his family and the Cardinals organization. Arizona has leaked stuff before. Pretty lame if you ask me.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/04/22 04:25 PM
Yeah thats not a good look
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 10/04/22 05:50 PM
the Rams look terrible. Their offense seems stale and has no playmakers outside of Kupp.

49ers are just solid enough all the way around to keep being a good team
Not to be argumentative, but the 49ers defense is giving up 11.5 ppg.. that's WAY better than "solid enough" and if you can muster any kind of offense at all, you can be a dominant team. Or, like last night, just don't screw it up. The 49ers defense gave up 9 points and scored 7.. just don't mess it up.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/04/22 05:57 PM
No doubt. I didnt mean to diminish the Niners D … I was more talking about their offense being solid. Should have explained it better.

They are impressive on defense
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 10/04/22 08:04 PM
I feel bad for Baker.

I feel bad for him too.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/04/22 09:55 PM
saquon barkley > baker mayfield
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 10/04/22 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
I feel bad for Baker.

I feel bad for him too.

Why ? I mean I liked and supported Baker while he was our QB. I thought he faced some huge obstacles like Hue and Freddie. I believe GM when he says OBJ ran the wrong routes.

But at the end of the day the guy is a pro athlete paid millions. He's playing stinky rank football on a bad team..... Others have done so before him and will after him. If he can play up to his best form when he was a Brown then the spotlight will move to other parts of the team/coaching .... But he owns his bad play. Despite what some posters have thought or suggested I've always said he owns his own actions and play whether it was social media, being out of condition for season 2, or playing badly. This is not much different.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/04/22 11:13 PM

Jacoby Brissett > Baker Mayfield.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 12:01 AM

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 01:10 AM

DON'T:

[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]

But I have to admit, if Baker was playing as bad here as he is in NC, my brown and orange glasses had me missing it. He doesn't even look like the same QB to me.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 02:14 AM
I actually agree. I think Baker looks worse than ever so far
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 03:37 AM
The Baker Fans don't want to hear this.
But Mayfield peaked his rookie year .he will never
Repeat what he did 2 years ago either .
It's funny i read how Baker had all these coaching
Changes put in his lap and it hindered him.
But in Mayfields rookie year when he broke Mannings
TD record, nobody was complaining about
The coaching carousel going on at that time.

Baker is his own worst enemy. He isn't a student
Of his position. He never was a 1st one in, last one
To leave kind of player.
His size holds him him back too. For him to complete
Passes, he has to get of the pocket. He leads the league
In batted passes for a reason
He is a turnover machine. It's all on film. These are facts.

QBs that are in drafted in the 1st RD are supposed to
Have really special traits. Are some of those traits
Aren't coachable. You either have it or you don't
Mayfield does nothing really elite except exhibit fake bravado

The Baker in Carolina is the real Baker. The league has caught
Up to him. And he simply has hit his ceiling
After Carolina kicks him to the curb of the nearest BBQ shack,
Bakers career as a starter is over.
He didn't win that Panthers job cause he was better than
The other 2
He won it cause Darnold is that bad and Corral got hurt
He is a 1st RD bust. Nothing new to the NFL.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 04:09 AM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

DON'T:

[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]

But I have to admit, if Baker was playing as bad here as he is in NC, my brown and orange glasses had me missing it. He doesn't even look like the same QB to me.

He really doesn’t look much different. Especially comparing it to last year when defenses figured out to how to defend him.

Stefanski’s play calling hid a lot of that.

Dude has Run DMC, DJ Moore, and Robbie Anderson (who’s solid). He has some good weapons.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 12:04 PM
I don't think Baker peaked his rookie year. He did play pretty good that year once Freddie took over for Haley. I was actually encouragedduring his rookie year and remember PMing bonefish that we finally don't have to look to find a qb for the first time in forever. At the end of the year, I said he needed to work w/a QB coach in the offseason to improve his mechanics. He chose to take time away from football and came into camp out of shape.

He actually peaked in the latter half of his third year. Stefanski hid his weaknesses. Played to his strengths. It's crazy that Baker's biggest fans on here trash Stefanski when actually the latter was the best thing Baker ever had. Some claimed that Baker was a game manager in that set-up. I disagreed. He wasn't good at "managing" a game. I said he was a system qb. Unfortunately, opposing Ds eventually figure out how to defend those types of qbs. Teams are continuing to defend him the same way as last year and he is failing again. The injury excuse was just that....an excuse. I think it definitely hurt his play, but just not to the extent that his fan base claimed it did. Too many of his errors had nothing to do w/how he threw the football. It was his reads, his decision making, and inability to be effective from the pocket.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 01:08 PM
bro, im not trying to start beef with anybody on the board when it comes to football, but why people acting as if we cant talk about baker anymore? the dude was a #1 overall pick and was with this team for 4 years. its no different than when we follow guys on other teams who we drafted to see how well or bad they're playing.

and especially at the QB position, and ESPECIALLY with all the drama, i dont see why posters keep acting like we're supposed to just move on, especially when our own QB still wont be playing for another 10 weeks.

not trying to stir up beef, but this aspect of the baker discussions is something that doesn't make sense. didnt we all follow brandon weeden and other QB's when they went to other teams and compared how they did to our QB at that specific moment? i dont see anything bad or stalking or anything about following bakers progress - or lack thereof - THIS season.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 01:32 PM
It's because they still love/like Baker and don't want to hear it, so they gang up on others and try to bully them into posting only what they want hear. Bro, ask yourself this......Did those same posters stop talking about Hue right after he was fired? Did they stop talking about OBJ right after he left? I also say that after all the personal attacks they dished out to those who identified Baker's weaknesses, it's time to cash the checks their mouths wrote.
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 01:41 PM

Had to of POOPED in his pants...only thing I can think of. naughtydevil
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
I feel bad for Baker.

I feel bad for him too.

Why ? I mean I liked and supported Baker while he was our QB. I thought he faced some huge obstacles like Hue and Freddie. I believe GM when he says OBJ ran the wrong routes.

But at the end of the day the guy is a pro athlete paid millions. He's playing stinky rank football on a bad team..... Others have done so before him and will after him. If he can play up to his best form when he was a Brown then the spotlight will move to other parts of the team/coaching .... But he owns his bad play. Despite what some posters have thought or suggested I've always said he owns his own actions and play whether it was social media, being out of condition for season 2, or playing badly. This is not much different.

It's empathy. I still like Baker. I understand we upgraded our QB position and don't have a problem with that, but overall Baker played pretty well for our team, 'cept for last season when he was injured. I hope he can pull it together again, for his sake.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 04:29 PM
I thought he peaked when he led us to the playoffs and our first playoff win in 15 years. His play sucks now. Yet no matter how much everyone keeps saying he's playing like dog crap you and some others sounds like petulant children with your incessant need to keep repeating it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 04:58 PM
Let me try to explain. It really has nothing to do with "talking about Baker". It is how he gets injected into every thread. Even those that have nothing to do with the QB position. It's also partly because many of the same people who persist on bringing it up were the very same people who said they wished the Panthers game would get over with so they didn't have to hear about Baker anymore. But now that Baker is playing so crappy they just can't help but the play this game.

And the funniest part of all is the same people that Vers claims are "The Baker Boys" have said and agreed that Baker is playing like crap. Of course Vers won't man up and read those posters so he has no idea about that and just makes up lies instead. So it's not that people "talk about baker". It's their incessant need to spread and infect every thread with it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 05:01 PM
I also say that after all the personal attacks they dished out to those who identified Baker's weaknesses, it's time to cash the checks their mouths wrote.

And there you have it. The one claiming he only wants to talk football in the Pure Football forum, who was so offended that watson was being talked about in this forum, has finally manned up and admitted he only talks about Baker to trash talk. Finally just a tad bit of honesty from him for a change.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 05:04 PM
His play definitely sucks now. I think a good chunk of it is him, but also it is impacted by what's around him. He has weapons, but that OLine is hot garbage.
He also still hasn't figured out what defenders are seeing that allow them to bat so many of his passes. It can't be his height because Drew Brees never had that issue to this extent. If he fixes that, it would probably extend 30% of his drives and dramatically improve his effectiveness. I did finally realize that this is why he has started sailing so many passes high... it isn't his shoulder and apparently never was. It is his answer to the guys batting his passes. So, either he needs to do some serious work to get the higher release as accurate as his old release was, or he needs to figure out how to bait guys into putting their hands up too soon, or something.

He definitely peaked the year he took us to the playoffs, and no mistake be made, he took us. That wasn't a Ty Detmer year where he was carried, and it wasn't even a Brandon Weeden year where the QB had great numbers but only because he was bailed out a lot.... dude was outright balling. That was also the year that Stefanski did a lot of stuff to suit him, but then, for reasons that remain a mystery, Stefanski wasn't calling as much of that stuff last year.... the designed roll outs and all the play-action stuff seemed to be greatly reduced last year, and that was the stuff that had Baker lighting it up and had us scoring fast and getting giant chunks of yardage. This year, we seem to be back to seeing more rollouts and play action. I don't know why we would have went away from the things that worked, and now be reverting back, but we did and have.

The injury: It was not an excuse any more than it was THE reason. It was A reason and it kept getting harped on because people kept trying to overly minimize it, or even outright discount it. Same thing with losing half the offensive line. I don't give a damn what the OLine rankings were listed as by some nobody.... we had 3rd, 4th, and 5th string guys lining up at both OT spots for most of the season, and I feel like we were without one or two of the interior guys a few times, too. In the end, it WAS a factor, but it wasn't the factor folks made it out to be to counter the folks that were completely dismissive of it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 05:39 PM
I think the questions about how important the shoulder injury is exactly for the reason you mentioned. Because the year before he did so much better and led us to the playoffs. The contrast of his play between those two years was inexplicable unless the injury made the difference in many peoples minds. So to that extent I think that reasoning made sense. But there's really no excuse for his performance this year. I understand the points you're making about the Panthers OL being hot garbage. But by this stage in his career he simply isn't processing information as fast as he should. By game four he has to know he isn't going to have much time and must get the ball out quickly.

I did notice how the play calling last year worked away from what his previous strengths were. As with everyone on a message board we can only guess as to the reasons why that happened. My guess was that his injury played a part in that. That exposing himself to hits outside the pocket and possibly how the injury impacted his throwing on the move were major contributors to that. But as I said, all any of us can do is guess as to the whys of that.

The thing is people are right that Mayfield isn't a QB that was going to elevate the players around him. That just isn't who he is. When he was playing well he was a middle of the pack QB. The job of an NFL FO is to upgrade any and all positions to make your team better. So no matter what the haters say, I don't think anyone really disagrees with that. I don't think anyone but possibly a person or two on this entire board said otherwise. I have my reasons as to why I object to the move they made in order to do so, but everyone who reads this board knows that and this isn't the place to bring up that discussion.

People find it convenient to try to tie your feelings on the QB situation by connecting Baker with watson. They can't seem to comprehend that people can place their opinions on the two based on each of them as individuals.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 07:16 PM
It's very clear that Baker never figured out how to play the position. And his confidence looks to be shattered on top of that. He's nowhere near as bad as he is playing, but his current play wasn't totally unpredictable either. He was either going to rise up with that chip on his shoulder or crash and burn. He's crashing and burning. It's hard to feel bad for him since he brought a lot of it on himself, but I do just the same.

I really thought a light bulb went on the second half of 2020. I agree he wasn't being carried. He was dropping back, making reads, and delivering strikes. I just think nuch of Baker's game is built on confidence and momentum and when those are lost he doesn't have anything to fall back on.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 10/05/22 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
He also still hasn't figured out what defenders are seeing that allow them to bat so many of his passes. It can't be his height because Drew Brees never had that issue to this extent. If he fixes that, it would probably extend 30% of his drives and dramatically improve his effectiveness. I did finally realize that this is why he has started sailing so many passes high... it isn't his shoulder and apparently never was. It is his answer to the guys batting his passes. So, either he needs to do some serious work to get the higher release as accurate as his old release was, or he needs to figure out how to bait guys into putting their hands up too soon, or something.

You got a drill for him, Prp?!? tongue

He hasn't learned that he will never win sniping with the fans and media. Now, the Panthers are facing the league's best defense this week.

Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 10/06/22 01:14 AM
So, the year that we went to the playoffs, he did a lot of pump faking, and a lot of looking off receivers. I have to imagine that this influenced DLine trying to stuff passing lanes as much as it influenced DBs trying to cover.
Maybe he just wasn't as hurried all the time back then and had the time to actually do that stuff?? I don't know, but I do know that he doesn't have that time now, and he was hurried a lot last year, and he hasn't been doing any pump fakes or whatever. DLine can just see where he is looking and as soon as that elbow goes back, they can put their mitts up right in the line he is looking.
© DawgTalkers.net