DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 05:56 PM
Browns -3

42.5 O/U
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 05:57 PM
Tough to not be concerned about their run game. Stevenson just put up 175 or whatever and they’ll be dedicated to it.

their defense will be formidable with a good plan to stop our run game and PA game.

I expect a close, lower scoring game
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 06:00 PM
In general, there have been FAR FAR less 50+ game totals this year. This week there are several low 40 games and only two north of 50 as of today (KC and BUF, ARI and SEA). I think the pace of play has an impact on that second game.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 06:01 PM
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 06:26 PM
Funnily enough - because Belichick is still a really really good/great coach, I have less optimism that we beat NE than I did about beating the Chargers. His M.O. is to exploit our weaknesses while limiting what we normally do well. Might be a long painful game.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 06:36 PM
They don't appear to be a terribly formidable opponent on paper. But then neither did the Jets or Falcons and they only squeaked by Panthers the with a two point margin. Of course they only lost to the Chargers by two points so there's that. I mean if you wish to put a positive spin on a loss I guess.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 06:49 PM
They didn't last year either, but we lost 45-7

We made Mac Jones look like a superstar and did nothing to make him uncomfortable. RB Rhamondre Stevenson rushed for 100 yards.

If you have a weakness, Bill will exploit it. Lots of work to do this week if we don't want the same results as last year.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 06:51 PM
Damn man! Can't you let me be at least semi positive for just a minute!?

naughtydevil
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 06:53 PM
Sorry for trashing the team... and your post... and your opinion... and calling you names, etc, etc, etc... rofl
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 07:16 PM
Belichick watching that Browns run defense.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
Sorry for trashing the team... and your post... and your opinion... and calling you names, etc, etc, etc... rofl
Not to mention put the time and effort in that his posts deserve?
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 08:17 PM
That 45-7 game last year was a debacle to say the least. I live in pats land and boy did I hear it after that. I don't see us winning this year either, not with the way we've been playing. I'm getting ready for another colonoscopy after this week's game!!! ooo
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 09:04 PM
Browns keep it close 35 to 7
There is a chance that Newengland could break the 1 game rushing record.
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 09:13 PM
Patriots rushing this year, game by game from week 1:

What's the over/under for Sunday??
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Hilarious and so fitting for the Browns.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
Patriots rushing this year, game by game from week 1:

What's the over/under for Sunday??

Posted By: Xanthros Re: Browns V Pats - 10/11/22 10:47 PM
First blowout of the season upcoming. Belichick is going to destroy our defense in ways that might actually get Joe Woods fired and the team moved to St Louis.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Browns V Pats - 10/12/22 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by Xanthros
First blowout of the season upcoming. Belichick is going to destroy our defense in ways that might actually get Joe Woods fired and the team moved to St Louis.

Zero percent chance the Browns win.

2-4 upcoming.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns V Pats - 10/12/22 12:36 AM
I think we'll win.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns V Pats - 10/12/22 01:53 AM
I think we can certainly win this game. It will all depend on stopping the run … gasp
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Browns V Pats - 10/12/22 01:53 AM
Pats 24 Browns 10.

NE looked great last week. Their defense is starting to gel and their offense is good enough to put some points. Plus, their players have bought in and play with intensity.
Meanwhile the Browns are lost on defense, have no offensive identity, and play with zero emotion. Incompetent coaching.
At this point, it’s only a matter of time before Myles and a few others request trades, then we can get back to do doing what we do best - perpetually rebuild, never winning.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/12/22 12:01 PM
No offensive identity???????
Posted By: DawgPound75 Re: Browns V Pats - 10/12/22 12:50 PM
Any Given Sunday.

Last year was last year, the Browns have played well this year, but continue to find ways to lose. This is a game the Browns can win.

But more games are lost than won in the NFL, and that is our motto.(until it ain't)
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/12/22 01:21 PM
The Pats are playing well because of who they have for a HC. BB is a great HC and highly respected and FEARED by his players. He may be 70 but still tough and the players will play hard for him. He hasn't been as successful without Brady but that's understandable. I've been hearing on local sports radio that BB is not as good, and he might hang it up soon etc. but he hasn't suddenly forgot how to coach. He's showing that now he just doesn't have the talent he once did. I don't think we'll lose by 38 again but I really don't see us winning this game.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns V Pats - 10/12/22 04:15 PM
j/c:

Posted By: FATE Re: Browns V Pats - 10/12/22 04:24 PM
Nice to throw him a bone, but not really a tough feat. lol

I'd say about a third of the TEs in the league are arguably the second best the Browns have ever had.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Browns V Pats - 10/12/22 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

I still liked Heiden.

If Winslow Jr. hadn't been nuts, who knows?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns V Pats - 10/12/22 05:05 PM
This may help explain that.....

Bill Belichick talks up every opponent, so how did he try to praise 19.5-point underdog Dolphins?

https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2...-praise-195-point-underdog-dolphins.html

He always finds a way to talk up his opponents. Often naming players when doing so.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns V Pats - 10/12/22 06:43 PM
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns V Pats - 10/12/22 07:42 PM
Three yards and a cloud of dust. Let's do this!

I predict the Patriots win 12-9... as rookie kicker-dude misses two more.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Browns V Pats - 10/12/22 07:45 PM
NE 679
CLEV 18 - 3 missed xtra points and 4 missed field goals.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns V Pats - 10/13/22 09:14 AM
Patriots will find a way to neutralize our offense … and we won’t find a way to do the same to their attack.

Stevenson will feast unfortunately IMO and I’d bet this will be Chubb’s lowest output of the season thus far
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/13/22 02:23 PM
Agreed. Bill Belichick is the X- factor in most games he coaches. If the talent level is close between the Pats and their opponent, he becomes the difference. JB has played well for us, until crunch time, but let's face it he is not an upper tier QB in this league. BB will find a way to neutralize our O and he will exploit our glaring run D weakness which we all knew we would have since the end of April. I never bet against my Browns in the 55 years I've been a fan probably could have won a lot of money if I did but this game just reeks of a loss by a fair amount of points. JMO
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns V Pats - 10/13/22 04:34 PM
The other thing that worries me is Bill B’s familiarity with Brissett. He both played there and against New England multiple times.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/13/22 06:53 PM
Exactly. This game is going to be ugly for us no diubt.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/13/22 06:58 PM
I hope you are as right about this one as you were about the Carolina and Steeler games. LOL.......you say we are going to get blown out every week. You're bound to be right one week, so I guess it's wise to keep w/it. wink
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns V Pats - 10/13/22 07:18 PM
2-3. Three fourth quarter int's. Defense giving up huge points in the 4th quarter. It's become a pattern.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/13/22 07:49 PM
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/13/22 10:46 PM
Me too!!! LOL! I expect the worst and hope for the best. I have been using the word ugly and I think I was right last game. The way we played run D, JB's INT. and York's missed FG at the end was Ugly!!! AS good a Coach as BB is I expect an ugly game with them rushing for many yards. WE have BB on one side and Joe Woods on the other. Which one do you think will come out on top?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns V Pats - 10/14/22 09:24 AM
I can see Jones playing against us. It’s been, what, 2-3 weeks? not sure how effective he will be, but let’s not get it twisted: we’ll make him look as good as possible
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns V Pats - 10/14/22 09:34 AM
Jones or not, I expect to see both teams run the ball.

I see a low scoring game where we have to be efficient with the possessions because it will be a "fast' game with fewer possessions because of the running. It will be important to take and make fieldgoals.

Time for Cade to shake the hiccups as he has missed a few extra points and a 45 yard kick last week. I expect those to be made. I don't hold the 55 yard kick against him. Once the kicks start to get out much over 45 the chances go down so just because he has the leg doesn't mean we can start looking at 55 yard tries as chip shots. At least not at this point in his career.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/14/22 11:21 AM
Homes, my point is that we have not been blown out in any game. The Chargers have one of the very best rosters in the NFL and a top-tier qb. They didn't blow us out. We could have very well won that game. We are not as bad as some of you guys are claiming.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Browns V Pats - 10/14/22 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I can see Jones playing against us. It’s been, what, 2-3 weeks? not sure how effective he will be

All he needs to be able to do is hand the ball off. Opponent's passing game has not been our issue, except for a few absolutely blown coverages. Stopping the run has proven to be a challenge lately.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/14/22 12:50 PM
Vers I agree. We could easily be 5-0 if we could have played even decent run D.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns V Pats - 10/14/22 01:02 PM
True Cap
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns V Pats - 10/14/22 01:04 PM
I can see Jones playing against us. It’s been, what, 2-3 weeks? not sure how effective he will be, but let’s not get it twisted: we’ll make him look as good as possible

I'd be very surprised if Jones plays. High ankle sprains are usually 4-6 weeks and his was deemed severe. The videos of him practicing show a guy that lacks mobility on a rollout.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/14/22 01:23 PM
We need a win in the worst way this week. For a multitude of reasons. Keeping the circling vulchers off us is not the least of those reasons.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/14/22 02:12 PM
Another poster mentioned we are close to being a viable contender and I agree. IMO if we had a healthy DW playing even close to the way he played 2 years ago we'd be 5-0 now. Losing 3 games by 6 points really grates on me. I think DW would have made a difference. Going up against a coach like BB this week the way he exploits weaknesses has me worried. I really don't see us winning this game. Look what he did to us last year with Baker and basically the same team and a better run D. I'll hope for the best. fingerscrossed
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns V Pats - 10/14/22 02:21 PM
Yeah I expect him to neutralize our running game and screen game. It will be on Brissett to make plays in the pocket
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns V Pats - 10/14/22 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
I can see Jones playing against us. It’s been, what, 2-3 weeks? not sure how effective he will be

All he needs to be able to do is hand the ball off. Opponent's passing game has not been our issue, except for a few absolutely blown coverages. Stopping the run has proven to be a challenge lately.

Looking back at last years game; the week before, against the Bengals we dumped Burrow five times... twice by a blitzing Troy Hill. Then, when facing the rookie, we did just about nothing to make him uncomfortable. Their top RB, Damien Harris was out and we all knew we had to stop Jones.

He finished 19 of 23 for 198 with 3 TDs. First rookie in franchise history to toss 3 without an INT.

After the game, Garrett took a stab at the coaches: “We never had a chance just because we didn’t make any adjustments on the sideline or when we had time to.”

Hopefully, even if we lose, it won't be as bad (on and off the field) as last year.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns V Pats - 10/14/22 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
IMO if we had a healthy DW playing even close to the way he played 2 years ago we'd be 5-0 now.

But they don't and there are reasons for that.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns V Pats - 10/15/22 03:52 PM
j/c...

Posted By: AZBrown Re: Browns V Pats - 10/15/22 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

For some reason, I'm a bit more pleased and hopeful about Rogers than Williams.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Browns V Pats - 10/15/22 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Vers I agree. We could easily be 5-0 if we could have played even decent run D.
say the next line Out Loud because it's true.

The worst situation the Browns offense has been in in the last month, is about to attempt a pass inside the opponents 5 yard line.
(I0 yard line.)
Far from 5-0.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 04:15 AM
I was hoping to see Jones. Jacob Phillips is terrible.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 09:28 AM
I agree Vers. Phillips is a major issue for us. He and the DTs are simply not good
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

I was hoping as well, but I suppose it is a bit too soon to be up to speed. I would have had in in there. He has to be up to speed on something.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 12:50 PM
I agree Vers. Phillips is a major issue for us. He and the DTs are simply not good

As poor as our (run) defense, indeed our defense in general is, we are better than a 2-4 team. I expect another good game from the offense and if the defense can elevate their game, we will win 27-21 (perhaps in OT)....
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 01:33 PM
I have to agree about Phillips. I thought once he got healthy he would be a solid player for us. Looks like I'm wrong. Too bad because I like the kid.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

I was hoping as well, but I suppose it is a bit too soon to be up to speed. I would have had in in there. He has to be up to speed on something.

I'm sure the analytics told Stefanski that when guys are traded mid season directly after a game on a day when the temperatures are 80 degrees or less and the winds are blowing out of the northwest at least 15 mph and their names are Deion or Jones and it's going up against the Patriots, it's best to give them another week. The analytics say that it is nearly 100% when this has happened it is a good idea to give the player another week to "learn the system".

But hey, a professional football team had to comment on practicing tackling before week 6 so it's all going to be alright. Joe Woods's eyes were red he was working so hard!

This team is a joke. Compare them to the Guardians.

Browns fans deserve so much better. So sick of mediocre to less than mediocre results.

The Browns are going to lose today and be 2-4. That means the ceiling for the remainder of the season is going to be about 5 wins. That is disgraceful.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 02:21 PM
"The Browns are going to lose today and be 2-4. That means the ceiling for the remainder of the season is going to be about 5 wins. That is disgraceful."

As much as I hate to say it, this is exactly how I feel. Their rookie QB is going to look mlike a seasoned veteran, and they will have 200 yards rushing
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 02:40 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 02:46 PM
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 02:50 PM
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 02:52 PM
Enough with the close losses. This is a must win game. Woods better be aggressive and blitz the rookie QB. The Pats will probably stack the line to stop our running game. Brissett has to have a good game. I say the Browns win a close one.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 02:58 PM
They were playing Detroit. Everyone looks great against Detroit!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 03:11 PM
Not their defenses against Detroit. The Lions had scored 35, 36, 24 and 45 points respectively until the Patriots shut them out last week. They were one of the most productive offenses in the NFL until then.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 03:44 PM
Except us. 6-19 lifetime and we barely won the game last year. Ugly game it was.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Browns V Pats - 10/16/22 03:48 PM
© DawgTalkers.net