DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Milk Man Other Games - 10/14/22 12:39 AM
Al Michaels may resign live on air being forced to call horrific games in back to back weeks.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Al Michaels may resign live on air being forced to call horrific games in back to back weeks.

If he resigns where will he eat his dinner?
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 12:42 AM
whose playing tonight
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 12:43 AM
Washington at Chicago.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 12:44 AM
thank you !
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 12:45 AM
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 12:50 AM
That was a horrible game

I'm not sure about Thursday night games

The players get hit and hurt enough on a Sunday

they should have a week off to heal

especially with the concussion protocol
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
That was a horrible game

I'm not sure about Thursday night games

The players get hit and hurt enough on a Sunday

they should have a week off to heal

especially with the concussion protocol

I've always thought the Thursday night games were too sloppy. I wish they would just stop it.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 12:59 AM
Sadly, money. That's what most people's life is about, as well as all corporations of which the nfl is one.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Sadly, money. That's what most people's life is about, as well as all corporations of which the nfl is one.

Oh yeah. They lip service wanting to protect the image but really they just want more money.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 01:06 AM
I agree, I'm not watching tonight. Heck I didn't even know who was playing.

Sunday and Monday , although the Monday night for east coast needs to start earlier

No biggie if the west coast misses the first quarter

it's the 4th quarter that matters the most, the outcome of the game

and that's what most east coast fans who have to wake up to go to work deal with with
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 01:07 AM
j/c...

"Starting with the 2012 season, all 32 teams play a Thursday game following a Sunday game that guarantees each team a nationally-televised game with 26 of them playing on Thursday Night Football and the other six playing on Thanksgiving."

Everybody gets a Thursday game -- no matter how bad you suck. That makes for some pretty crappy match-ups along the way, especially since there is no flexing.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 01:12 AM
Ridiculous !
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 01:17 AM
Here's the weird thing: I watch t.v. 16 - to 17 times a year. The Browns. (gnt isn't on the voice anymore). I am fully prepared for all nfl games at some point in the near future to be on some sort of pay per view kind of thing. I won't do it. The nfl can go the same way as nascar, in my opinion.

I can read about the game a day or so later, just as I do with nascar. Not saying I won't attend a game here or there in person.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 01:17 AM
My sweetie is a Bears' fan so we are watching, though I tend to watch football when it is on.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 01:47 AM
Agree... no desire to watch the game tonight...
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 01:58 AM
Amazon may want some money back after this week and last.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 02:44 AM
I know he’s not helping, but the bears are going to get Fields killed
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 09:23 AM
Two of the most BLAH teams to me are Washington and Chicago. I just cant get excited about watching them, even when they’re better. Having them play each other was very boring to me.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 11:26 AM
I fell asleep in the 3rd quarter again. I think it was 7-3 at that point. Absolutely terrible football.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Other Games - 10/14/22 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Amazon may want some money back after this week and last.

I think the sponsors are the ones who may want some money back. Imagine paying a lot of cash for these Thursday games so that the announcers can say "This touchdown was brought to you by ..."
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/15/22 12:33 AM
So this is a first

Makes me wonder

There are two other games threads in this forum

No time till kick off thread

Is there some kind of feeling going on here ?
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 10/16/22 08:32 PM
Time to root for Buffalo

Hope they get a win over KC

Although I have no dislike for KC
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Other Games - 10/16/22 09:10 PM
Frank, while it will never happen i have always thought Thursday Night Football should begin when bye weeks start and the teams playing on Thursday should have had the bye the previous Sunday.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 10/16/22 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
Frank, while it will never happen i have always thought Thursday Night Football should begin when bye weeks start and the teams playing on Thursday should have had the bye the previous Sunday.

That idea has been tossed around the casa. Yeah, it seems like that would be a nice solution. Though that may also make it more difficult to get the scheduling sorted out.

I'd be thrilled if they dumped the Thursday games, including Thanksgiving.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/17/22 01:34 PM
--I really enjoyed watching the Buffalo/KC game. Two excellent teams w/great QBs. If I was starting a franchise, Allen would be my first pick. If he wasn't available, it would be Mahomes. Both defenses are good. I know that sounds crazy w/KC, but they've really improved on that side of the ball. It was back and forth all game long w/incredible tension.

--The Philly/Dallas game was good. I had it on my second TV while watching the Guardians. Philly has a great OL and really good DL. Their corners are probably the best tandem in the league. Hurst has improved so much since college. It's frankly amazing, really.

--I have no idea how Pittsburgh beat TB. I didn't see much of it. Hell, they lost Pickett to a concussion and had to go back to Trubisky. Crazy!

--The Jets stomped GB. They have a ton of young talent on that team.

--Giants beat Baltimore. The latter lost another double digit lead. Lamar made two crucial mistakes. Dabol, yet another coach Browns fans hated, is working wonders in NY.

--Arizona is a train wreck at this point.

--Atlanta is another surprising team. They freaking handled SF. Not sure how they are playing this well?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/17/22 01:42 PM
I give my dad a lot of credit (sometimes sons don’t always know how much wisdom their dads have haha) … but back in week 1/2, he said: The Jets are up and coming .. maybe the surprise team of the NFL.

They certainly have played well
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 10/17/22 02:18 PM
j/c:

For those of you who missed it.

Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 10/17/22 06:55 PM
Just finished watching the KC/Buffalo game. What a great game! So competitive.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 10/18/22 04:21 AM
j/c...

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/18/22 09:17 AM
Lol yep, Draftkings knows what it’s doing
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 10/18/22 09:17 AM
Oh, and Denver is awful on offense. Russ is COOKED
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 10/18/22 08:23 PM
I just finished watching it... I thought it was a decent game though. OT win.
© DawgTalkers.net