Posted By: MemphisBrownie Browns v Ravens - 10/18/22 09:29 PM
Ravens -6.
Over/Under 46.5
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/18/22 09:40 PM
rofl

Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/18/22 09:44 PM
Will he be able to use his wheelchair?
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/18/22 09:54 PM
Battle of the two teams that love to blow 4th quarter leads.

Lamar is a bit of a mess. FIVE 4th quarter turnovers, only Stafford and Ryan have more INTs overall.

Despite that, Ravens are 3rd in the NFL in Takeaways @ +4... Browns 26th @ -3

If we can take care of the ball and win the turnover battle, we can win this game.

We'll also have to play defense... and tackle... it's still tackle football.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/18/22 10:02 PM
I'd kinda be surprised if Lamar throws more than 3 or 4 times. They can run us over and score at will with our run defense.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/18/22 10:26 PM
If I were Harbaugh, I'd order up a standard off tackle run for the first offensive play of the game (probably for about 3 yds) - get a little momentary Browns complacency, then a 40 yd bomb to Andrews in the soft part of the zone on the second play.

Boom. 0-7, bad guys with 13:55 left on the clock in the first quarter.

Could I be that far off?
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/18/22 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
Battle of the two teams that love to blow 4th quarter leads.

Lamar is a bit of a mess. FIVE 4th quarter turnovers, only Stafford and Ryan have more INTs overall.

Despite that, Ravens are 3rd in the NFL in Takeaways @ +4... Browns 26th @ -3

If we can take care of the ball and win the turnover battle, we can win this game.

We'll also have to play defense... and tackle... it's still tackle football.

It's only tackle football except when it comes to the QB

I agree, this is a winnable game, what worries me is so were 4 before

This might be a crappy game. Always want to see the Browns

Beat the Ravens
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/18/22 10:27 PM
somehow, this will end up being a high-scorg game. like 45-42
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/18/22 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by FrankZ
I'd kinda be surprised if Lamar throws more than 3 or 4 times. They can run us over and score at will with our run defense.

Agree, this game is going to be bad

Make it a Thursday night game

lol
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/18/22 11:13 PM
Ugh
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/18/22 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
rofl

A 37 year old Flacco beat the Browns

A 23 year old Zappe beat the Browns

Are you laughing because you know a 35 year old

DeSean Jackson will have three TD catches against the Browns
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/18/22 11:43 PM
I felt impending doom against the Patriots - didn't think we stood a chance.

I think we will bounce back a little but I don't expect a win - hopefully we compete and will be within striking distance heading into 4th Q.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/18/22 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
somehow, this will end up being a high-scorg game. like 45-42

High scoring for the Rats, NOT US.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 12:26 AM
A bounce back without a win does no good for anyone involved
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 12:32 AM
Just don't see us beating anybody right now. Ravens will kick our butts.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 01:09 AM
Lamar is a running back that throws the ball on occasion. Baltimore is a smart team and they know that giving him a Mahomes/Allen type contract that he’d set the franchise back 5-10 years. They’re making him justify his contract demands and he isn’t doing it.
However, Harbaugh is a great coach and always has his team prepared to play. -Totally opposite of Stefanski.

Baltimore 16
Browns 9
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 10:25 AM
Now, can you possibly predict the plays in our possessions? A two yard run into a loaded box, an incomplete pass, short after third down, and failed fourth. Have we seen that before? We are wasting Chubb IMO. Ski is really predictable 0ver the game.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 12:06 PM
Baltimore has given up 3 double digit leads this year and Harbaugh is a great coach and Stefanski is trash. LOL

I think both guys are very good coaches.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Baltimore has given up 3 double digit leads this year and Harbaugh is a great coach and Stefanski is trash. LOL

Thanks for keeping it football and not personal.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 02:48 PM
DeShaun Jackson was low risk high reward signing
Along with Duervnay, he gives the Ravens another burner.
I'm curious why the Browns didn't kick the tires on Jsckson
I mean he can't be any worse than Schwartz.
Mark Andrews always goes off on the Browns
Shutting him down is the key
That way Jackson is forced to lower the ball and make
2nd 3rd reads.
Hunt and DPJ need to find the end zone
Cooper and Chubb can't be the only TD producers
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 03:23 PM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 03:50 PM
j/c...

Same story. New year.

Just now realizing they need to work harder. This team is severely lacking in leadership and culture.

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 05:16 PM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 05:43 PM
I hope Jones plays and I think it's time to discuss making a couple of other changes.
Posted By: The Beast Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
He is blind to what he sees on tape or is protecting Woods. Either way, he is dead wrong. SMH
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by The Beast
He is blind to what he sees on tape or is protecting Woods. Either way, he is dead wrong. SMH

Or not airing out dirty laundry publicly.
Posted By: BpG Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 07:26 PM
Full running team against one of if not the worst rushing defense in the league. If we don't score 35 we aren't in this game.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

I got a good laugh out of that thanks...
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/19/22 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

Works every week for a Browns fan.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 12:29 AM

Good points. However, Harbaugh has had success with multiple rosters and coaching personnel throughout his career. He’s proven to be a winner despite wholesale changes in his players, schemes, staff etc.
Whereas KStef has been surrounded by the same coaches, and front office personnel for his hc tenure. Not to mention that he’s had arguably a better roster than Harbaugh. - Little to show for it.

I hope I’m wrong and we’ll see come Sunday. But I’ll stick to Baltimore beating us by 7 and the final score being 16-9. You have my permission to rub my face in it on Sunday. - That’s some humble pie that I’ll gladly eat.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 02:22 AM
Third quarter against the Patriots, I thought it might be a good time to bring in Dobbs for a series of two. Doesn’t mean he’s the new starter, but he brings an athletic ability with his quickness that JB doesn’t have. If nothing else, to shake things up, get some momentum.

We have to win this game, or we are in deep crap. I say bring in Dobbs, if JB isn’t getting it done.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 12:06 PM
I won't rub it in, Muni even if we win. I do think Baltimore will win, but I was just trying to add some perspective. It's a common practice for home town fans to overly criticize their HC. It's not unique to Cleveland. There are a lot of things people can complain about and they usually do.

I like realism, but the constant negativity of the majority of posts is overwhelming and depressing. It's like how many times do we have to see posts that say "I don't even care anymore?" It's like a contest to see who can complain the most. Or, it some sort of dark fraternity.

Things are not going well right now, but there are plenty of franchises who are in much worse shape. Look at Carolina. Cam gets injured and digresses. They bring in Teddy Bridgewater, then a washed-up Cam again, Sam Darnold, and then Baker Mayfield. They fired their HC. A starting WR confronts a coach on the sideline and makes such a spectacle out of himself, that the acting HC sends him to the locker room and they trade him a day or two later. They are trying to trade their best player and are looking to trade other good players. Would you rather have that? I could go on and on, but that is just one example.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 02:12 PM
j/c...

Posted By: shotty66 Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 02:34 PM
How about giving the ball to chubb more than 12 times!
Posted By: BADdog Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by BpG
Full running team against one of if not the worst rushing defense in the league. If we don't score 35 we aren't in this game.

We are going to lose in the last 5 minutes. Have you seen our run D?
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 02:42 PM
j/c...

We got em right where we want em. thumbsdown
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 04:10 PM
j/c...

Joel agrees with JJ III. Just unreal.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 04:31 PM
j/c...

Joel agrees with JJ III. Just unreal.

I think JJ talks too much. I was just checking Twitter and all the players were being asked the same questions about whether or not the players are playing hard enough. I wonder if that is why LA soured on him???? You can't make public accusations like that against your teammates. Do it privately or w/in the confines of the facilities.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 04:32 PM
I think JJ should stick to comments more like this:

Posted By: FATE Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 04:37 PM
j/c...

I think the mindset of some of these players is a much larger problem than the political correctness of the comments about such mindsets.

Milk's comment to the first set of tweets is 100% accurate "This team is severely lacking in leadership and culture."
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 04:47 PM
PR merry-go-round.

Stick DPJ back there and tell him to fair catch it. Let D'Ernest Johnson handle KR duites.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 04:54 PM
Of all our coaches, Priefer, is the guy who I question the most.

I'm sold on Stefanski, Callahan, and Mitchell.

I have doubts about Woods. I have even more doubts about our Defensive passing game coordinator....Jeff Howard.

Priefer is the guy who I have serious questions about. Too many blunders that should be fixable.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 05:12 PM

Posted By: The Beast Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by shotty66
Analytics don't support that so no LOL
Posted By: The Beast Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 06:15 PM

Clueless LOL
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 07:44 PM
Posted By: FATE Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 07:49 PM
Nice. Clowney back at practice for the first time in 31 days. Not that practice matters.

Hopefully he doesn't tweek something and can play this Sunday!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/20/22 09:23 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/21/22 04:25 AM

That's an idea worth considering.
-just sayin'
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/21/22 09:16 AM
For a guy like Bitonio to be saying it is pretty eye opening IMO
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/21/22 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

That's an idea worth considering.
-just sayin'

Clem, the Browns want to run it. Last I heard, we had the second most rushing attempts in the entire league. Belichick schemes to take away what you do best. We were getting stuffed on first down carries w/Chubb. That put us behind the chains. Putting a qb like JB in that situation is a recipe for disaster. Stefanski tried to offset the stacked boxes by throwing on some early down. There were plays there.

Stefanski is no dummy.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/21/22 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

Is it? Or is it because JJ ran his big mouth to the media and every player who was available to the media was being grilled by reporters about if guys were playing hard enough and putting in enough study time?

You say you coached, so you have to know that addressing what other players are doing is a huge NO-NO when speaking to the media. Those matters are to be dealt w/behind closed doors.

I despise when players speak of these things in public. This is not the first time JJ has run his mouth. He needs to shut it other than to talk about things that are positive. Behind closed doors, he can say wtf he wants.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/21/22 01:22 PM

Is it? Or is it because JJ ran his big mouth to the media and every player who was available to the media was being grilled by reporters about if guys were playing hard enough and putting in enough study time?

You say you coached, so you have to know that addressing what other players are doing is a huge NO-NO when speaking to the media. Those matters are to be dealt w/behind closed doors.

I despise when players speak of these things in public. This is not the first time JJ has run his mouth. He needs to shut it other than to talk about things that are positive. Behind closed doors, he can say wtf he wants.

Someone is frightened...like a 3 year old at Halloween frightened...that the truth will eventually show that our previous QB was NOT the locker room cancer that ^ wishes him to have been. Now Bitonio is "sharing" his opinion only after JJJ opened the flood gates of frustration? Hilarious.

The wheels are coming off the wagon...that "effort" Sunday was like the "mailing-it-in-in-week-14" bad.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/21/22 07:03 PM
Well, we know it's not Felton. Which matters less and hurts us more:Schwartz or Felton? Talk among yourselves.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/22/22 04:21 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/23/22 12:39 PM
I'll be watching him closely. We need help at LBer in the worst way.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/23/22 02:17 PM
Forgot to do this earlier. Those so inclined, hoist a beverage of choice to the memory of Ravenkiller. We could use a little help.
Rip
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/23/22 02:22 PM
Good point bard
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/23/22 04:18 PM
[quote=Bard Dawg]Forgot to do this earlier. Those so inclined, hoist a beverage of choice to the memory of Ravenkiller. We could use a little help.
Rip[/quote

God Bless the Ravenkiller.
Posted By: Bird Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/23/22 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

Someone is frightened...like a 3 year old at Halloween frightened...that the truth will eventually show that our previous QB was NOT the locker room cancer that ^ wishes him to have been. Now Bitonio is "sharing" his opinion only after JJJ opened the flood gates of frustration? Hilarious.

The wheels are coming off the wagon...that "effort" Sunday was like the "mailing-it-in-in-week-14" bad.
who cares whether or not Mayfield was a locker room cancer? He is not a competent NFL QB, period. He ran headlong into the level of his incompetence. Sure, the Browns were and are a mess. That is irrelevant to Mayfield.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Browns v Ravens - 10/23/22 04:51 PM
Maybe you should explain that to the poster he's addressing. According to that person Mayfield was the sole reason for the culture problem. Now that Mayfield is gone he's pretending there isn't one.
© DawgTalkers.net