DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Versatile Dog Other Games - 11/30/22 01:54 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 11/30/22 11:11 PM
Love that flex. Nobody wants to see more denver
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 11/30/22 11:21 PM
That's for sure.
Posted By: Squires Re: Other Games - 12/01/22 01:56 AM
Thank you. Denver has had too many primetime game this season and they were all awful.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/01/22 03:15 AM
Remember when the entire world thought the AFCW would be this juggernaut with every game being 55-54 … and Denver/LV (and even LA) have looked pedestrian a lot of the year
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Other Games - 12/02/22 06:31 AM
Dare we say that Russel Wilson has diminishing skills?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/02/22 01:51 PM
Bills pretty much dominated the Pats last night. I will say that Buffalo's OL is a mess right now and they are forced to rely on Allen making miraculous plays. It's great to have a QB that special, but damn, that's a tough road because he will obviously make mistakes when asked to play hero ball so often. Then, people will wonder "what's wrong with Josh Allen?" LOL

Bills have had a ton of injuries this year. I do think getting White back in the secondary is going to help, as was getting Poyer back last week. The Hyde and Von Miller injuries are really big, though.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 12/02/22 10:02 PM

Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 12/02/22 10:07 PM
Unless we travel to BizarroWorld, Denver isn't beating Baltimore.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 12/02/22 10:42 PM
1st comment after that tweet said basically same thing. lol
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/02/22 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg
1st comment after that tweet said basically same thing. lol

LOL, that's pretty funny.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/03/22 09:29 PM
If we end up beating Houston and Cincy, then I’ll start slightly paying attention to playoff scnearios
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 12/04/22 03:50 PM

lol
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/04/22 04:33 PM
Lol love that
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/04/22 05:06 PM
A lot of good games this week.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/04/22 05:08 PM
Some good match-ups this week.

KC/Cin.
Miami/SF
Philly/Tenn
Jets/Vikings
Posted By: Squires Re: Other Games - 12/04/22 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

They almost did. We're up 9-3, give up a TD with 28 seconds left.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 12/04/22 09:19 PM
And the Vikingz beat the Jetz, whew, the vikingz beat the jetz, 22 to twenty zeven,

that helpz, zlightly.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 12/04/22 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
If something like Denver beating Baltimore doesn't happen, the Brownz can kizz their playoff hopez goodbye.

as if those hopez existed anyway.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/04/22 10:21 PM
Bad break with Baltimore gritting out a win
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 12/04/22 10:23 PM
Not sure why the Bengals seem to have the Chiefs number, but it's certainly looking like they do.

Where is that beat your head against the wall emoticon we use to have?
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by Psydeffect
Not sure why the Bengals seem to have the Chiefs number, but it's certainly looking like they do.

As we have their number nanner
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by PastorMarc

Yeah but the Bengals beat the Chiefs when it matters
The Browns beat the Bengals but they are meaningless wins
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Originally Posted by PastorMarc

Yeah but the Bengals beat the Chiefs when it matters
The Browns beat the Bengals but they are meaningless wins

Question for the board...

Rank the AFC North coaches.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 01:01 AM

True Breaking News...Jimmy G, The G stands for Glass
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 01:03 AM
Bosa is going to win DPOY.

Looks like he takes his craft seriously.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 01:04 AM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 02:34 AM
If the trade deadline hadn’t passed, I bet they’d call about Brissett
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 04:41 AM
j/c...

33 points, by one team, in the 4th quarter is wild. Bad day for Jeff Saturday.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 10:06 AM
Lol that escalated quickly
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 01:24 PM
I didn't do as much channel flipping on the other TVs during the Browns game, but here are some observations on the games I saw parts of.

--Jets/Vikings was a very exciting game. Minni had a big lead and the Jets never gave up. They had some tough luck at the end, or one could say the Vikings made big stops. Garrett Wilson is the real deal. A lot of us saw that while he was at OSU. The Jets do not get the credit they deserve on this board. They are a good, ascending team.

--Eagles/Titans was a war early on. Two physical teams. I quit watching after Philly started to pull away. They have an very good OL, Hurts is playing well, and they have a plethora of weapons.

--Washington/Giants game was also very competitive. Ended in a tie after no scores in OT. Rivera has done a great job of keeping Washington afloat despite the Snyder mess and Dabol has the Giants playing hard. They have very few offensive weapons at WR and TE.

--Miami/SF was a very good game. Jimmy G w/another tough injury. SF has so many weapons on offense and their defense is perhaps the best in the league even though they don't run a scheme that belongs in the NFL according to some of the football saviants on this board. Their OL is not that good, but they got Williams back yesterday. I have to say that the moment was not too big for Purdy. Kid didn't blink.

--Chargers/Raiders was another back and forth affair. The OL for the Chargers is trash right now. So is their run defense. I kinda feel bad for Herbert. He can't even set his feet. Raiders playing pretty good ball after a horrible start.

--Bengals/Chiefs was another slugfest between two of the league's elite teams. Burrow is another guy the fans on this board disrespect, but he has something you can't coach. He carries them in a wheelbarrow. Dude makes big plays at the most important moments in big games. Mahomes battled his tail off, but the Bengals were the better team on this day. In fact, they have won three games against KC in 2022.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 01:26 PM
So the Bengals have beaten the Chiefs 3 times in 2022 .. crazy
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 01:36 PM
Yeah, I did not realize that, but the announcers mentioned it. I started thinking about it, but the Bengals beat them in game close to the end of the regular season; again in the playoffs; and once again yesterday. LOL.....that is crazy.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

33 points, by one team, in the 4th quarter is wild. Bad day for Jeff Saturday.

This week Saturday didn't look good on Sunday.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 03:41 PM
A scheme can be great but that doesn't help when you lack the personnel to run it. Maybe you should look at what people are actually saying rather than just make crap up to try and make yourself look good.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 03:46 PM
I have seen posters like steve, mac, and 888 say our scheme was not fit for the NFL. In fact, we argued about it and that is when I provided an article on how many teams run the same scheme and the percentage of snaps that are run in that particular defense. Once again, Pit huffs and puffs and all that comes our are lies and ignorance.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 03:56 PM
The Steelers are starting to figure out how to win with Pickett
Getting Watt back has infused energy in that
Pickett is making some big boy throws. Solid win over the Falcons

Buffalo got a clutch win over the Pats. Pats have a blockhead
For a OC.

The Ravens aren't the best team in the North. They needed
All 59 mins to beat the Broncos

The Chargers were my preseason AFC Title game representatives
That team has big time players at alot of positions
Yet can't close the deal when it matters

The Seahawks will win the West. With a bargain bin QB.
How smart is their front office.

The Bengals are reminding the AFC who won the AFC next last
I heard Jim Nance say the Bengals lead the league in allowing
The fewest yards after catch on defense and they are the best
Tackling team in the NFL.
Burrow looks like Brady 2.0 at times. The experts here claimed
All does is throw it up to Chase. They might want to revisit
That thought

The Colts need to bring back Bert Jones and Roger Carr.
The Cowboys are the most complete team in the NFC
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I have seen posters like steve, mac, and 888 say our scheme was not fit for the NFL. In fact, we argued about it and that is when I provided an article on how many teams run the same scheme and the percentage of snaps that are run in that particular defense. Once again, Pit huffs and puffs and all that comes our are lies and ignorance.

rofl

That's pretty sad when all you can do is name call everyone you don't like to try and make yourself look better. You know that doesn't work and only makes you look petty, right?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 04:21 PM
I think you need to consider that it took them an entire game to beat Denver with a backup QB for three quarters of the game. If Lamar's injury keeps him on the sideline they're certainly not the best team in the North.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 05:25 PM
In terms of the steelers, they are starting an easier stretch of games now (the one we kinda had earlier) and I expect them to still finish with 7-9 wins.

I’m not sure Pickett has the upside to be a true FQB, but we’ll see
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/05/22 05:52 PM
Considering their upcoming schedule I don't think it requires Pickett to play to the level of a franchise QB for them to win some games. I do agree with you that I don't know if he has the upside to accmplish being a FQB but he has certainly made a great deal of progress since he became the starter. I think the jury is far from being in either way.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 12/06/22 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Considering their upcoming schedule I don't think it requires Pickett to play to the level of a franchise QB for them to win some games. I do agree with you that I don't know if he has the upside to accmplish being a FQB but he has certainly made a great deal of progress since he became the starter. I think the jury is far from being in either way.

Pickett is slowly improving. Steelers running game looks good. Don't understand why they didn't use Pickens more yesterday, but at least they beat the Falcons.

Not that anyone here would care, but this is the Steelers 500th win since the merger. First team to get to 500 since then. Second place is the Cowboys with 480 wins after beating the Colts.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 12/06/22 08:50 PM
The Steelers have an off year here or there, certainly nothing like we have, but it doesn't take them long to rebound and become a contender again. We have one good season a decade. That's the difference between a well run winning organization and a poorly run losing one. They'll probably be serious contenders again before we will.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 12/06/22 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
The Steelers have an off year here or there, certainly nothing like we have, but it doesn't take them long to rebound and become a contender again. We have one good season a decade. That's the difference between a well run winning organization and a poorly run losing one. They'll probably be serious contenders again before we will.

I hope both teams are contenders soon, probably in 2023.
© DawgTalkers.net