Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 12:13 AM
Rams win helps...
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 02:15 AM
Baker is playing for the Rams
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 03:40 AM
Hard to believe this guy was the number 1 overall pick
In the 2018 Draft
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 04:09 AM
Considering what he's been through this year and just getting into town, I think Baker played well. But I only tuned in with 8 minutes in the fourth quarter. Now he has a chance to come back inside 2 minutes. He shouldn't even have that chance.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 04:14 AM
Baker made the comeback! Looks a damn site better than DW!
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 04:16 AM
The Legend of Baker Mayfield is born in LA.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 04:18 AM
If he plays like that there he will be a legend. Haven't seen a play like that here since... Well, Baker Mayfield.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 04:19 AM
Great for baker. He battled
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 04:20 AM
j/c...

Of course.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 04:20 AM
Baker made some clutch throws when it mattered
Of course the Rams are out of any playoff contention
So their is no pressure. He just went out and played loose
And free. He did his job.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 04:24 AM
Just like he did when he played his best here. For a guy that NOBODY WANTS, he had a rookie record here, got us to the playoffs, and beat the steelers in the playoffs, and tonight he was the first QB with a 13-point comeback; I think they said for two teams, but he set another record of some kind. He probably has some negative records, too, after his last year here and his time in Carolina. And now he's on another contender or team that is at least as good or better than us. Just the coaching makes them better. So Baker now has a legit shot again to start on a good team.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
If he plays like that there he will be a legend. Haven't seen a play like that here since... Well, Baker Mayfield.

My post should have been in Purple. Lol

I told my wife, who is a Raiders fan, Baker will throw is trademark game sealing Interception, which he did, albeit a PI penalty which the DB didn't have to do.

Anyways, good for Baker. It definitely won't last.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 04:37 AM
Fool's gold, but what an incredible 4th qtr.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 04:45 AM
Time will tell. He has a few games left this year to shine, or it's a moot point anyway. Another stint like Carolina, and he's done. But we've seen a change of scenery work miracles for QBs before too. It's Baker's story to write, but I'd rather see it go this way for him. I think he's a good person and would like to see him succeed.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 04:52 AM
I'm still processing how Baker hosed me with the backdoor cover and win after it looked like a lock.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 05:14 AM
Personally, I'm happy for Baker.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 05:15 AM
Congrats Baker!
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 05:17 AM
Traded - or picked up rather - on Tuesday, and playing on Thursday?
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 06:05 AM
15 of 19 in the 4th. Two other completions called back by penalty. All four INC hit the receiver in both hands.

Less than 48 hours in town, needless to say -- he woke up feeling delirious. What a performance!
Posted By: Floquinho Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 06:30 AM
Well deserved Baker!

Haters is always going to hate no matter what ( we waiting for your usual rant V * r s…cough cough) but as a true sports fan I’m always happy for the underdog and the unexpected comebacks.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 10:09 AM
Good for Baker. heck of a comeback
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by SuperBrown

Me too. I woke up early and just watched the rest of the game. It made me happy to see that. I didn't even know he was on their team.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Good for Baker. heck of a comeback
Yep, still wish him well.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
Originally Posted by SuperBrown

Me too. I woke up early and just watched the rest of the game. It made me happy to see that. I didn't even know he was on their team.
Haha well he barely was until the game. Crazy situation
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 01:01 PM
Baker played really good. What was amazing was that he was able to arrive on Tuesday and pick up enough of the playbook to play on Thursday. That is fairly incredible. He did tell the announcers that McVay's offense is similar to Stefanski's and that helped, but still......that is pretty incredible.

As far as him "leading" the Browns to the playoffs and beating the Steelers in the playoffs..........uhmmm.......I wonder why Stefanski doesn't get any credit for that especially considering the Browns were 6 and 10 the year before w/a healthy Baker? Yes Flo, haters gonna hate.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 04:34 PM
Baker's at his best when he's playing backyard football. Unfortunately, it's not always sustainable.

The Raiders tried to press his receivers and heat him up. But, the rush didn't get home. There was some uncalled holding at the end. Officiating does seem to have a way of benefiting some teams more than others.

Baker did hit some nice throws.
Posted By: Floquinho Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Baker played really good. What was amazing was that he was able to arrive on Tuesday and pick up enough of the playbook to play on Thursday. That is fairly incredible. He did tell the announcers that McVay's offense is similar to Stefanski's and that helped, but still......that is pretty incredible.

As far as him "leading" the Browns to the playoffs and beating the Steelers in the playoffs..........uhmmm.......I wonder why Stefanski doesn't get any credit for that especially considering the Browns were 6 and 10 the year before w/a healthy Baker? Yes Flo, haters gonna hate.

I’m glad you praise Baker and it’s well deserved. He’s never going to be a world beater but he’s entertaining and a good guy. Maybe not everyone’s flavor but still a player who creates emotions.

Stefanski is also a good guy despite his limitations as a leader. His contribution to our first play off win in decades can’t be underestimated even if he was sick in Covid on game day against the Steelers. As a play caller and QB coach he’s very good. What he needs to do is to elevate his leadership skills and to take control by actions, not only by being calm and an adult in the room. Great leaders knows how to balance and when the team needs energy or calmness. Sometimes both.

Is it one thing I miss from Baker being our QB is his swagger and how he bring good energy to the game. When things goes his way he’s electric. I like that.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by DaveyD
I told my wife, who is a Raiders fan, Baker will throw is trademark game sealing Interception, which he did, albeit a PI penalty

So he didn't actually throw an int. Thanks.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Traded - or picked up rather - on Tuesday, and playing on Thursday?

Yeah, pretty wild huh? And with only one practice with the Rams under his belt. Plus the Rams had lost their last six games in a row.

I don't think Baker's performance was anything magical by any stretch of the imagination. And who knows if he can continue to play and win this way. But for everyone who claimed he couldn't come through in the clutch I hope they were paying attention. And for only one practice with a team on a six game losing streak it looked pretty good overall.
Posted By: Jester Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 07:11 PM
Heard a stat on tv this morning that the Rams game winning drive was the longest game winning drive that started with under 2 minutes in the past 45 years.
If that is indeed true, then I would say it is kind of magical.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 07:15 PM
I'm just trying not to get the haters all worked up. naughtydevil
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 10:46 PM
Good for Baker, glad he had at least one game of retribution. I still like him and appreciate the good things he did as our quarterback but I’ve moved on. I hope he succeeds, and I am not a hater.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Other Games - 12/09/22 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I told my wife, who is a Raiders fan, Baker will throw is trademark game sealing Interception, which he did, albeit a PI penalty

It was a Bakeresque 4th quarter throw under pressure that would have been intercepted even if the defender wasn't "interfered" with. Whatever makes you sleep better.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 12:18 AM

It was a Bakeresque 4th quarter throw under pressure that would have been intercepted even if the defender wasn't "interfered" with. Whatever makes you sleep better.

You think so? I don't think that's true at all. The WR was yanked out of the play, no way that DB gets to the ball without interfering if the WR continued through his route.

It's right here at 2:04...

Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 12:26 AM
Maybe Davey can sleep better now Fate... rofl
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by Jester
Heard a stat on tv this morning that the Rams game winning drive was the longest game winning drive that started with under 2 minutes in the past 45 years.
If that is indeed true, then I would say it is kind of magical.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/rams-baker-mayfield-caps-wild-48-hours-comeback/story?id=94825980#:~:text=According%20to%20Elias%20Sports%20Bureau,over%20the%20past%2045%20seasons.

""According to Elias Sports Bureau, the Rams' 98-yard TD drive was the longest go-ahead TD drive that began in the final two minutes over the past 45 seasons.""

Shocking but true ! Who'da believed such a bum could be so damn lucky ... it's like the 22 lucky passes completed in a row all over again.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 10:26 AM
I always liked Baker, but his time had come here in Cleveland. I hope the recent moves helped the guy and he is able to go on and reach his potential.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 02:06 PM
He has reached his potential. He's a career backup that has asked to be either traded or released by both of his teams.

It is also worth noting that the guys who cried the loudest all year about not talking about Baker and his stats are now posting stats. Hell, they cried so hard they got a thread locked. Anyone w/a brain knew that had Baker played well this year, those same guys would have been spamming the board with "I told you so..." Well, they finally got what they wished for. Baker played well. It just took 14 weeks to give them a chance to gloat.
Posted By: mac Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 02:34 PM
Maybe Mayfield finally has a Head Coach he can relate to..a HC who is not determined to change his style of football.

Landing in Cleveland where the franchise was changing HCs and OCs faster than any team in NFL history turned out to be the worst place Mayfield could have landed.

Every new HC and OC had their own idea of what kind of QB Mayfield should be. It is a fact that the Browns, since returning to the NFL, have not developed one QB.

I look at the Patrick Mahones/Andy Reid relationship as a perfect example of a HC who knew Mahones played his best when he was allowed to improvise and use his natural ability. Reid didn't try to make Mahones into something he wasn't.

Andy Reid was the best thing to happen to Mahones..a HC who was experienced enough to know he had a unique QB who needed to molded, but not changed.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 02:35 PM
But 98 yds!

He's now something like 3-16 instead of 2-16 in clutch moments.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 03:10 PM
Yeah, that's it. 2 whole days and his new coach has transformed Baker.

Do you guys even read the crap you write?
Posted By: Jester Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 03:27 PM
On a different note...Baltimore at Pittsburgh

Who do we want to lose more?

Baltimore and Cincinnati are both 8-4
Cleveland and Pittsburgh are both 5-7

If we win and Baltimore loses then the records got to 8-5 and 6-7
We are still in the hunt 2 games back
Do we realistically think there is still a chance to get into the playoffs?
Not based on mathematical possibility but based off the way we play
Do we really want to root for Pittsburgh?

If we lose, we are essentially eliminated from the playoffs.
If Pittsburgh loses, we still have a possibility of not finishing last in the division
Do we really want to root for Baltimore?

Tie
I get not satisfaction from a tie
Plus it seems like a tie always comes back to bite us somehow.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 03:50 PM
I’ll root for the ground to open beneath the stadium and swallow both teams whole. Never to be seen again.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 03:55 PM
He has reached his potential. He's a career backup that has asked to be either traded or released by both of his teams.

It is also worth noting that the guys who cried the loudest all year about not talking about Baker and his stats are now posting stats. Hell, they cried so hard they got a thread locked. Anyone w/a brain knew that had Baker played well this year, those same guys would have been spamming the board with "I told you so..." Well, they finally got what they wished for. Baker played well. It just took 14 weeks to give them a chance to gloat.

You do realize this is an actual thread titled "Other Games" of which the only "Other Game" played so far is the Rams, right? Posters are actually posting about this where it is proper to do so. Spamming the board would be going around in multiple threads discussing it. You are such a bitter little man. Of course you think you know what would have happened "if".

Well let me tell you what would have happened if. If Baker had played well last year and been signed to a long term contract with the Browns you would still be off the board carrying on your brooding temper tantrum.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 03:56 PM

Bitter much?
Posted By: mac Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 04:02 PM

vers...seems that you are obsessed with "hatred" toward anyone who gives an opinion about anything you might disagree with.

Do you read the crap that you write..?

Garrett speaks out...

Garrett Wishes Mayfield the Best — Except Against Browns

Mayfield’s tenure with the Browns ended on a sour note after the team traded for Deshaun Watson, with relationships in the locker room — particularly with Garrett — getting tested. However, the powerful pass-rusher is still rooting for his former QB — as long as it’s not against the Browns.

“Going back to watch it, he was putting some dimes out there for guys to go get early on in the game and it was just that time until it clicked,” Garrett said. “So I have nothing against the guy now. I’m hoping for his success wherever he’s at, just not when he’s facing us.”

Maybe Myles Garrett appreciates the fact that Mayfield helped to get the Browns to the playoffs and closer to a Super Bowl appearance than "any Browns QB" since Myles was drafted by the Browns. Obviously Myles does not feel a hatred for his ex-teammate that some fans do...and that is a good thing, imo.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 04:06 PM
Yeah, but Garrett is a class act. Some people remember both the good and bad and not only give credit for the bad, but the good as well. Then some people don't.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 04:19 PM
How about Garrett worry about getting sacks, TFLs, and playing the run. I'm pretty sure of all the league leaders in sacks, he is by far the lowest in TFLs and he only started playing the run a couple of games ago. No feel for down or distance or what the other team is doing. Just rush upfield on the tackle's outside shoulder.

Can Garrett address that?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 04:46 PM
I agree. Garrett shouldn't be allowed to speak until he meets all of your standards which you outlined.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 04:49 PM
What he actually has is a HC that sat down with him and the playbook and they went over plays that matched up with the concepts Baker likes and was good at. This was stated in the post-game interview.

Now, we'll have to wait and see how much they continue to roll with that vs if McVay tries to shove him into things that don't fit him, but that's for later. He had success because the concepts they ran were things he liked and was good at. I'd wager, without doing this myself, that if you looked at the game and then looked at what we did down the stretch in 2020, you'd see a fair bit of similarities.

Also, anyone else notice how every other ball wasn't getting batted down?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Also, anyone else notice how every other ball wasn't getting batted down?

Yes - but to point out Macadoo's short dink and dunk offense was an additional problem would be to try to deflect away from BM apparently.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 05:07 PM
Not only was it stated post game, there was no time to do anything else. I mean he had only been there for two days with one practice. I think it would be unrealistic to expect they try and force things he wasn't already familiar with. I think we will have to wait and see how things progress as McVay opens up the playbook. This was simply a snapshot and certainly doesn't define or tell the whole story by any means.
Posted By: mac Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 05:17 PM
prp...maybe the fact that Mayfield was moving away from the defensive pressure instinctively made it harder for the defensive linemen to pattern and time Mayfield's passes. I'm not sure if the Rams did anything special to cut down on the possibility of Mayfield's passes being batted down.

I did notice that the Rams WRs were going after every pass that came their direction..out fighting the Raiders DBs and battling for every pass. Those Rams receivers deserve credit for the effort they gave, doing all they could to battle for the ball.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by mac
prp...maybe the fact that Mayfield was moving away from the defensive pressure instinctively made it harder for the defensive linemen to pattern and time Mayfield's passes. I'm not sure if the Rams did anything special to cut down on the possibility of Mayfield's passes being batted down.

I did notice that the Rams WRs were going after every pass that came their direction..out fighting the Raiders DBs and battling for every pass. Those Rams receivers deserve credit for the effort they gave, doing all they could to battle for the ball.

+1 They went after those balls and got them. I think everyone except one was fought for.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 06:14 PM

Wasn't Ski in his basement for that long overdue playoff win?
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 06:21 PM
Yes. The best all around game of Stefanski's tenure.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 06:21 PM
I agree. Garrett shouldn't be allowed to speak until he meets all of your standards which you outlined.

Exactly.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 06:33 PM
I think if we're talking gag order he probably isn't the only one who should be on the list.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 08:52 PM
He's a career backup .
I think you' would agree, and facts would show, without looking them up, that despite wishes, wishful thinking, or even projections for the future, that by definition, and to this point in time, that Baker Mayfield has started more games in his career than he has backed up, even if you count his injured games, so he can't be a career backup at least not yet.

and I still think he has unlimitied potential and an unlimited ceiling and who can know what will happen next.
Starter.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 10:09 PM
since 20I8 there have been seventy eight nfl weeks
ten weeks of Baker at backup, 3 of Baker injured, and sixty five weeks Baker started, per nfl reference.com.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 10:55 PM
j/c:

It's going to be fun revisiting some of these comments.
Posted By: Floquinho Re: Other Games - 12/10/22 11:56 PM
j/c:

It's going to be fun revisiting some of these comments.
Still so bitter Vers…

Why is it so hard to enjoy and appreciate an ex Brown player having a good game without giving snarky comments? Baker isn’t our enemy. He delivered a lots of enjoyable moments in his time with us.

On a side note.
I liked the Rams receivers and that without CK.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 10:30 AM
Ravens/Steelers today without Lamar. Give me Pittsburgh in a close one
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Ravens/Steelers today without Lamar. Give me Pittsburgh in a close one

I think we've forgotten how competent Huntley was last year (or before that?) or whenever we have seen him play. He's a very good QB and probably a better passer, and still able to run a bit.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 02:24 PM
Good point. The Ravens went 1 and 4 w/out Lamar last year and missed the playoffs.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 03:30 PM
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 03:40 PM
He can't help himself. His hate is real. When someone hates a player so much they left this board for over a year because they couldn't stand a player only to return when he knew Baker would be gone, it's not only at the level of hatred, but the level of obsession. It's actually sad to watch.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 04:45 PM
Another lie. I left due to the constant harassment from guys like you, 888, and WSU.

Not this time.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 04:54 PM
Sure you did. The timing of it all made it so obvious you can't lie your way out of it.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 05:08 PM
Another lie. I left while Baker was playing like trash.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 05:12 PM
Everyone who paid attention knows the timing of when you left and when you returned. A feeble attempt at revisionist history will change nothing.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 05:14 PM
It's amazing how easy the lies flow out of your mouth.

We can ask Ref 3 for confirmation of when I PMed him and asked for him to delete my account.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 05:19 PM
Sure we can. So you think because you made up some lie to tell a Ref as your reason for leaving that changes things? And yes, it was posted on the board that you requested your account be deleted and they refused to do so. But then you can always make another one, right? And somehow the refs were smart enough to know when Baker left you would be back. It seems they knew you better than you know yourself. So do some others.
Posted By: Floquinho Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 08:26 PM
He can't help himself. His hate is real. When someone hates a player so much they left this board for over a year because they couldn't stand a player only to return when he knew Baker would be gone, it's not only at the level of hatred, but the level of obsession. It's actually sad to watch.

I agree it’s sad when supporters hate is stronger then their love for the game.
My grandmother always told me to love, to forgive and to forget those close to you. After almost 60 years of life experience I can testify that she was bang on.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Rishuz
How about Garrett worry about getting sacks, TFLs, and playing the run. I'm pretty sure of all the league leaders in sacks, he is by far the lowest in TFLs and he only started playing the run a couple of games ago. No feel for down or distance or what the other team is doing. Just rush upfield on the tackle's outside shoulder.

Can Garrett address that?
That is funny
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 10:07 PM
I'll be here all week...maybe.
Posted By: teedub Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 10:40 PM
Too bad boger ain't reffing the Bucs game....I have seen San Fran get by with obvious fouls 3 plays in a row
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 10:49 PM
9ers getting some home cooking for sure.
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 11:29 PM
THIS guy isn't allowed to talk because he doesn't meet a random fan's ludicrous standards? The #1 ranked player currently at his position who is consistently on or near the top of his position's rankings, who has the 5th highest TFL number in the entire league, somehow STILL has fans whining about him not being good enough?

From NFL.com:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 12/11/22 11:44 PM
Broncos are trying to make this a game.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 12:29 AM
j/c:

Fun fact. The Carolina Panthers were 1 and 5 w/Baker Mayfield as their starter and are 4 and 3 w/either the legendary QBs Sam Darnold and PJ Walker.

Joe Montana, indeed.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 12:31 AM
Don't worry, the Baker fans will not be forgotten when Watson starts to put things together next year.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 12:31 AM
He just needed McVey. Not his fault. He finally has a coach!

And he headbutts people with helmets on. That's dope.
Posted By: Jester Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 01:01 AM
j/c:

Fun fact. The Carolina Panthers were 1 and 5 w/Baker Mayfield as their starter and are 4 and 3 w/either the legendary QBs Sam Darnold and PJ Walker.

Coincides pretty closely with Matt Rhule getting fired.
Not saying it was all Rhule, just adding for perspective.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 01:39 AM
Have two coaches ever gotten less with more than Stefanski and Staley.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 01:40 AM
j/c:

Maybe Baker got Rhule fired.
Posted By: Jester Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 02:03 AM
j/c:

Maybe Baker got Rhule fired.

He may have contributed but Rhule was doing a good job on his own.
Pre Baker he was:

5-11 in 2020
5-12 in 2021
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 02:09 AM
j/c:

Joe Montana, indeed.

I would post negative crap about Baker too, if I were you. I mean, that's all you got because, so far, Watson is nothing but hot garbage and a predator. But hey, put your rep where your mouth is: Right here, right now, I'll bet that Baker is on a Super Bowl team before Watson is. Let's make a bet, if Watson is there before Baker, I'll leave the board. The same for you if Baker is first. Neither of us may win at all, or one of us could. And those odds would definitely be in your favor, so you would have to be a coward not to take it. All I need is an I accept.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 02:11 AM
Is the bet Baker as a starter?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 02:12 AM
Does it say that? It's in plain English.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 02:12 AM
j/c:

Joe Montana, indeed.

You can't get Baker out of your mind, or mouth.

But, since you have so many on ignore, you won't see this.

Hey, the Browns lost today. Baker's not here, yet your boy DW is.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 02:15 AM
Lol...easy there killer.

Not much of a bet if Baker is a backup riding someone else's coattails.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 02:16 AM
j/c:

Joe Montana, indeed.

That's the only reason he's still on Baker. And he won't even admit Baker was better than good the other night, while basically saying he's not capable of good play.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 02:17 AM
Lol...easy there killer.

Not much of a bet if Baker is a backup riding someone else's coattails.

For a leave-the-board bet? If he's so sure of DW's elite skillset, shouldn't be an issue. I don't care if DW is benched. I don't care how he played in Carolina, I think if he'd still been here, we'd be headed to the playoffs this year. As it stands now, I doubt we get there next year.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 02:19 AM
The fumble recovery by Tyreek Hill for a TD was great.

Lots of fun watching a game that doesn't matter to you at times.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 02:19 AM
j/c:

Joe Montana, indeed.

That's the only reason he's still on Baker. And he won't even admit Baker was better than good the other night, while basically saying he's not capable of good play.

His first words in this thread were "Baker played really good".
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 02:21 AM
And then what? Oh, you don't want to post all the trashing of Baker he did?

Both of you need to get out of here. Baker is not on the Browns anymore. vers' hero is, and he stinks to high heaven at this point. Why can't you both accept that? Facts are facts.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 02:24 AM
I saw that and could feel his pain, but then he had to take a shot when DW came out throwing dirtballs last week and another when he played like Charlie Frye this week. Baker didn't have crap to do with how DW played. I gave DW credit and even told people to be patient with him in the gameday thread, and I can't stand the man. I wouldn't be taking shots now if Vers hadn't started crap again.

And yes, I'm a Baker fan because I like the guy. He's likable, but some people don't get that. But you're not allowed to like Baker and root for the Browns with Vers trying to set rules with his posts and manipulating the conversation every time he gets the chance. I don't care that he doesn't like Baker. I don't care if he calls Baker trash when we are talking about Baker. But sideways sneak attacks and rants against Baker because another player sucks is out of bounds. And I'm going to start hounding him relentlessly over them. He hates me, so it should be a great time for one and all.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 02:29 AM
You're very sensitive. The more sensitive the more entertaining it is for me.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 03:05 AM
I’m surprised with how bad teh Miami passing game looks. Tua looks skittish
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 03:37 AM
This Charger Dolphin game just got good.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 10:04 AM
Dolphins haven’t looked good offensively lately
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 12:51 PM
It's weird. The Browns did not want Baker. They tried to trade him and not one team wanted to trade for him. Finally, we had to pay the majority of Baker's salary and Baker had to give up money just so Carolina would take Baker in a trade where they only had to give up a 5th round pick. Baker asked to be released [after asking to be traded less than a half a year ago] and only ONE NFL team put a claim in for Baker after he was put on waivers. ONE!

Yet, the Fabulous Baker Boys continue to blame those of us who recognized how bad Baker is and want to pretend Baker is a good qb. I guess all the other GMs and NFL coaches are as dumb as we are and The Fabulous Baker Boys are the real talent evaluators. It would be nice if the whole lot of them went to the Rams' board and leave this board to folks who actually root for the Browns.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 01:58 PM
j/c:

Btw--------despite what a couple of posters are saying, here is what I actually said about Baker's good game the other night.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 02:11 PM
Some other games:

--Jets/Bills was a really hard fought game. The Jets are a tough team. They keep losing guy after guy to injury and that is hurting them, but they play hard and have talent. Mike White left the game a couple of times w/injured ribs. He kept coming back. Tough guy. The Jets will be serious contenders next year. Josh Allen has to do so much for Buffalo to win. I think they are poorly coached. McDermont is extremely overrated.

--SF/TB was a blowout. The 49ers D is for real and they have a ton of weapons on offense. Purdy is a great story. I hope Deebo is okay. I liked how SF decided to not go for the FG at the end of the half and threw a TD pass instead. Funny how a coach is either a genius or idiot depending upon how players execute.

--Detroit put on a show against Minni. They have really come on. I love Dan Campbell. J. Jefferson had himself a day for the Vikes.

--Philly beat the living crap out of the Giants. I still find it hard to believe how much Hurts has improved as a qb. I didn't think he would ever be a NFL starter while watching him in college.

--Chargers w/a gritty win against the Phins. LA's D was very good for most of the game. However, Herbert is pressured on every snap. He doesn't look athletic, but he is. He avoids pass rusher after pass rusher. Not sure he can last w/that OL, though.

--Dallas squeaked out a victory w/a late TD against Houston. I think there was less than a minute left.

--Trubisky was horrid for Pittsburgh. They would have beat the Ravens had Pickett not been injured.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 03:33 PM
My few random thoughts:

- Detroit offense is legit. They are a good unit
- Tampa stinks … like, bottom 5 team IMO
- Dallas sleepwalked its way to a win. Houston played inspired
- Trubisky is really bad. Pittsburgh is done now.
- Chargers looked good. Their WRs made a huge difference
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 04:36 PM
j/c:

Joe Montana, indeed.

And what does that have to do with the "other games" played this week? As usual your obsession is getting the best of you.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 04:39 PM
Seek help. It's out there if you only accept the fact that you need it and look for it. God's speed.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 04:43 PM
I guess all the other GMs and NFL coaches are as dumb as we are

Like Shawn McVay?

It would be nice if the whole lot of them went to the Rams' board and leave this board to folks who actually root for the Browns.

I root for the Browns. I'm just not fanatical about them anymore. Having paid a huge reward to a sexual predator just doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy inside the way it does you.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 05:44 PM
Speaking of obsession...
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 08:23 PM
Speaking of obsession...
Gratefuldawg wasn't speaking of obsession. Man up and reply to the person you are replying to. DW will change the universe for this team guy.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 12/12/22 10:31 PM
That's what I thought.
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 12/13/22 03:04 AM
Steelers are definitely done. I hope Kenny Pickett is OK. Trubisky was awful, so was the run D but Trubisky was far worse. I wonder if Mason Rudolph will start next week?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/13/22 12:52 PM
Yeah, Trubisky is so cooked lol
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/13/22 04:01 PM
At this juncture it would seem they almost have to give Rudolph a try. After all it is close to Christmas and it worked for Santa.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/13/22 04:03 PM
Haha yeah i think they should too
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Other Games - 12/14/22 01:01 AM
The Brown’s and the Panthers both sucked with Baker. That doesn’t point 100% to coaching. After all the Rams are the 2021 SB champs , so there’s a lot of talent surrounding the QB.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 12/14/22 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
so there’s a lot of talent surrounding the QB.
Not as much as they had last year. Lots of it left, and even more is on IR. It is NOT the roster that won the SB a year ago.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/14/22 01:33 PM
That's true. They lost guys like Von Miller, Cooper Kupp, Austin Corbett, OBJ, Whitworth, etc. I also heard something about how they have started a different OL combination in every game besides this past game. That's pretty crazy.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Other Games - 12/14/22 01:37 PM
Alot more talent than the Browns or Panthers offense. Just saying it’s not 100% on the coaching staffs.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Other Games - 12/14/22 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Alot more talent than the Browns or Panthers offense. Just saying it’s not 100% on the coaching staffs.

Ridiculously wrong on the first sentence...ridiculously Mr Obvious on the second sentence.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Other Games - 12/14/22 03:56 PM
j/c:

Joe Montana, indeed.

His first words in this thread were "Baker played really good".
But Baker wasn't "really good" the other night. He was old Baker for 3 quarters, putting up 3 points on about 110 yards passing. I will give him credit for flipping a switch in the 4th quarter, something changed and suddenly he was making throws I haven't seen him make since our playoff year. For lack of a better word, in that 4th quarter, he became the gun-slinger again and he was throwing into tight windows and some balls that probably shouldn't have been thrown were caught but his back was against the wall. I give him a ton of credit for coming back to win the game with 2 well-executed 4th quarter drives. But the Rams defense deserves a ton of credit for holding the Raiders within reach so the comeback could even happen.

So in the career of Baker Mayfield, this is one quarter, it's a small data point. But it really speaks to the career of Baker, which is the whole "good Baker" vs "bad Baker" argument. Even within this game he was both. And nobody knows which one he will be next week, which has always been one of his biggest problems.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/14/22 04:11 PM
That was a perfect description.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Other Games - 12/14/22 08:05 PM
He was in the building for a day and a half
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 12/14/22 08:20 PM
I understand that. But the fact remains that throughout his time as an NFL QB on any given day you could see good Baker or Bad Baker and as far as any consistency as either one it was very hit and miss. I don't discount that he came in on very short notice with very little preparation. He was the very best of what I call good Baker. But I don't expect that to be long lasting given his body of work in the NFL.

It was simply a scene in a much longer movie.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 12/14/22 09:44 PM
So, is Baker good except when he sucks, or does he suck except when he's good? confused
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Other Games - 12/15/22 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by jfanent
So, is Baker good except when he sucks, or does he suck except when he's good? confused

yes.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Other Games - 12/15/22 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Originally Posted by jfanent

yes.

Took the words right outta my mouth.
© DawgTalkers.net