DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Versatile Dog Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/14/22 02:41 PM
This is a rematch of a hard fought game back in week 7. The Ravens prevailed 23-20 when Cade York's FG was blocked at the end of the game. I think that was the game that Cooper's late TD was wiped out by an offensive PI on Cooper.

The Browns are a 3 point favorite this time around. The Over/Under is 37.5

Lamar almost certainly will miss his second consecutive game. His backup, Tyler Huntley, went out w/a concussion last week, but he did practice yesterday, so he will most likely be the starting qb. Amari Cooper is listed as Questionable w/a hip injury for us. JOK is out on defense.

Key Matchups:

--Browns OL vs Ravens Front 7: The Browns OL have really struggled since Pocic went out w/his injury. Conklin looks like he is wearing down at RT. The Ravens are very good at stopping the run and bringing pressure. The Browns OL must protect Watson enough to get off some quality throws and at least open enough holes so Chubb can get going again.

--Watson vs Ravens Secondary: The Ravens secondary is ranked around 26th against the pass this year. This might be a game where Watson and the passing game gets going. He'll need time to throw, though.

--Ravens Run Game vs Browns Run D: J.K. Dobbins ran for 120 yards last week while averaging 8 yds a carry against the Steelers. Gus Edwards has gashed us before. Huntley is also a threat as a runner. The Browns run D has to slow them down a bit.

--Mark Andrews vs Browns LBers and Delpit. Andrews has been quiet, but we will be playing backup LBers and Delpit is pathetic in coverage.

--Special Teams: Browns can't afford blocked kicks, roughing the kicker penalties, etc. The Ravens have the best kicker in the NFL while the Browns do not.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/14/22 03:12 PM
If watson contimues his progress the way he did from his first game to his second game and considering they will be playing their backup QB, the Browns should win this game.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/14/22 03:31 PM
I worry about Dobbins being back because he’s by far their most explosive option
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/14/22 03:37 PM

Throwback game
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/14/22 03:38 PM
Browns -3

O/U- 38.5
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/14/22 04:02 PM
I think the 2 keys to the game are:

1. We have to slow down their run game. They can demoralize a defense gashing them on the ground and our defense is prone to letting that happen. We have to put them in passing situations and force Huntley to beat us from the pocket.

2. Watson has to be quicker with his decisions. It has to be 3 or 5 steps and the ball comes out. If he stands back there patting the ball like he did repeatedly last week, he's going to get killed. And this is one game where we are going to have to use the pass to open up the run as opposed to the other way around.
Posted By: Jcamm Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/14/22 05:43 PM
No name Balt QB will have career day as always
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/14/22 10:53 PM
LOL thinking anyone cares about this MEANINGLESS game.

You can watch your female abuser play.

I'll watch Baker play for LA.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/14/22 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by SuperBrown

You will watch, you just don't know it yet. Its the most meaningful game of your life.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/14/22 11:11 PM
[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/14/22 11:51 PM
JOK’s absence won’t help us. I was glum when I saw he was on IR.

A friend of mine sent me this, which was news to image000000.jpg
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 01:24 AM
Ignore that, if you're not doing so already
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 04:36 AM
Why are the Browns favored.

@b went many years against Jax, Indy, and Tenn, the AFC North defenses are even less kind to @B's than them
and we're going to see it, again.

DW won't do well in div. games ... not real high on him at this point, contract or not.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Why are the Browns favored.

@b went many years against Jax, Indy, and Tenn, the AFC North defenses are even less kind to @B's than them
and we're going to see it, again.

DW won't do well in div. games ... not real high on him at this point, contract or not.

rofl

You gotta let it play out a bit more there TL.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 07:16 AM
Looking forward to going up for my last game of the season.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 10:06 AM
Enjoy Peen drive safe
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Browns -3

O/U- 38.5

Browns -3

O/U- 37
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 01:05 PM
That’s such a low total .. they’re projecting a 20-17 win for us
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 01:55 PM
I think weather and the Ravens QB options are the factor. Their backup, Huntley, has yet to be cleared from concussion protocol.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I worry about Dobbins being back because he’s by far their most explosive option

I kinda do as well. However, I don't think he is yet 100% and it's a small sample size but Winfrey has improved the defensive interior a little as of late.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 03:38 PM
j/c...

I'm schlepping to this game with my youngest son and I'm expecting a half-empty stadium. What I'm looking forward to the most, from a game standpoint, is seeing how Watson performs in the cold weather. Not that it will be frigid, but temps will be in the high 20s, low 30s.

Also, excited to see what song J-Dubs has picked out for this week's fan sing-a-long!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 03:56 PM
Well, you said you were looking forward to what song J-Dubs would play the last time when you took your eldest son to the game and we won. So, we have that going for us.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 04:12 PM
There's no experience quite like DJ J-Dubs!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 04:27 PM
LOL
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 05:18 PM
j/c:

Posted By: AZBrown Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

From a game standpoint, is seeing how Watson performs in the cold weather. Not that it will be frigid, but temps will be in the high 20s, low 30s.

This.

I think he'll be just fine. But with a couple of years with no cold weather games, who knows.

Let's see how Cade does under the same circumstances.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 07:42 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 07:43 PM
Browns -3

O/U- 38.5

Browns -3

O/U- 37

Browns -2.5

O/U- 38
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 07:46 PM
Ravens 38
Browns 13

Kevin Stefanski is fired after the game.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/15/22 08:46 PM
He will not be fired after the game, but after we lose out, he will.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/16/22 12:13 AM
The opponent has a bad @b, the Browns defense will or won't exploit it?

The Browns have a confused and inconsistent offense and the opponents defense will or won't be able to exploit it?

I'd pick the ravens and probably eleven would be the margin at the end of the game.

What is the Number ONE most alarming thing on the Browns currently?
I think it is, or was last week, was the @uarterbacks' decision making from the time the ball was snapped until the time he gave up on the play and decided to improvise bad outcomes like almost getting sacked or fumbling or almost getting intercepted or injured while trying to scramble in traffic with no lanes and then
the continued effect of doing it over and over ruining his confidence in the pocket,
and whomever is responsible for this happening, or can fix it...
I think it is the biggest most alarming problem of the whole performance last week,
and no team can sustain success with that problem.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/16/22 02:01 AM
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/16/22 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
There's no experience quite like DJ J-Dubs!

Evidently some people get off on that. No matter, I am just glad they stopped with "sloopy". That was getting way past old. That to me was like if I went to a Titans game and they started playing "Rocky Top".

Cool song, but wrong team, wrong venue.
Posted By: jacksondawg Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/16/22 03:39 PM
Harbaugh 24 wins 5 losses against us
Leshaun 0 wins against ravens
Ravens are going to have 259 yards rushing.
Ravens win 17 to 3 as Leshaun goes 10 for 11 on his last drive
So everyone proclaim he is a top 5 qb .
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/17/22 02:57 AM

Rams Fan Forum
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/17/22 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
If watson contimues his progress the way he did from his first game to his second game and considering they will be playing their backup QB, the Browns should win this game.
You know we played their back-up QB last year right? Jackson got hurt early and Huntley came in cold off the bench. We won 24-22 but even cold, Huntley was 27/38 for 270 yards and a TD (rating of 99.7), with 6 rushes for 45 yards. Their non-QB rushers only had about 70 yards and Myles Garrett had a defensive TD.. all to secure a 2 point win... I will suggest that "should win" is a bit optimistic. We might win if we finish drives with points, avoid turnovers, and the defense plays really well against their run game, which is much improved since last year with Dobbins, who wasn't there last year.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/17/22 04:06 AM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Looking forward to going up for my last game of the season.

Drive safe/keep your head on that swivel.
Fools who ain't used to driving are coming out they hidey-holes, and getting on the road, yo-

It's an annual problem for those of us who still hit the road regularly...

Hope you get to witness a win this Sat.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/17/22 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN

Rams Fan Forum

Clicked through out of curiosity. If Baker wins another game in the same fashion this week, the Rams fans will go absolutely nuts for Baker. They sound just like us when Baker had his first game action.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/17/22 04:25 PM
So we won against Huntley last year with "that guy" as QB. So why shouldn't we win against him as the starter again this year? I mean the guy we had last year at QB sucked, right?
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/17/22 07:51 PM

Rams Fan Forum

Thanks! Enjoy watching your Leshaun.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/17/22 08:31 PM

Vers really liked this guy if I remember right
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/17/22 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
You know we played their back-up QB last year right? Jackson got hurt early and Huntley came in cold off the bench. We won 24-22 but even cold, Huntley was 27/38 for 270 yards and a TD (rating of 99.7), with 6 rushes for 45 yards. Their non-QB rushers only had about 70 yards and Myles Garrett had a defensive TD.. all to secure a 2 point win... I will suggest that "should win" is a bit optimistic. We might win if we finish drives with points, avoid turnovers, and the defense plays really well against their run game, which is much improved since last year with Dobbins, who wasn't there last year.

MAN,
I thought the Browns identity was to run the cow manure out of the Rb's and defend the pass really well on defense.

If the Browns play their identity, and analytics + HC not taking points doesn't hold them back too much,
then the Browns could dominate for parts of the game.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/17/22 09:01 PM
What's a David Ojabo?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/18/22 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
Ravens 38
Browns 13

Close, if you remove the 8.
Posted By: FATE Re: Ravens @ Browns Preview - 12/18/22 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
Ravens 38
Browns 13

Close, if you remove the 8.

rofl
© DawgTalkers.net