DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 12:25 AM
Defense was very good. Good ST block kick unit and timely takeaways/stops

Offense was just OK. I still don’t think we’re anywhere close to seeing Watson being in form

But, we beat the ravens smile
Posted By: slick Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 12:26 AM
Sexual predator out there at the end waving his arms at crowd cause he wants the attention for a win that was all about Chub and the defense forcing turnovers
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 12:29 AM
York, wth.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 12:29 AM
Watson is far from his old form but he keeps improving weekly, so I think he'll get all the way back by next season. Happy about the meaningless win. It's a damn good sign that the team is still fighting and trying to win these games.
Posted By: TooTall Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 12:31 AM
So why does it take so long in a season for the team to start showing focus and drive?
Posted By: Swish Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 12:32 AM
always take a W over the ravens.

gotta say, there were obvious signs of just getting to know each other on offense between DW and his weapons. Cause lets be real here....DW is legit.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 12:39 AM
Defense Give up only 3 points thumbsup

Watson getting more comfortable 18-28 161 1TD

Chubb 20 CARRIES 99 YDS.

Garrett 2 SACKS (14)

Ward 1 INT.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 12:40 AM
Watson is improving a bit every week. Happy we won.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by Rishuz
York, wth.

Dude's in his own head right now, I think.
I know he's a rookie, but he's starting to concern me.
I think he needs to spend some time with Phil Dawson.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 12:53 AM
There were a handful of very nice passes, especially when compared to the first week

Also, that 20 yard scramble showed his speed
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 12:54 AM
Always great to beat the rats.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 01:07 AM
Enjoy your birthday present, Dawg!
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 01:19 AM
j/c
I wonder if we would have won if LJ was playing instead of TH....
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 01:22 AM
Hey thanks Clem
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
j/c

No
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
j/c

Yeah I don't think we would've won if LJ was playing, but over the years how many times did our division rivals beat us in late season games when we were trotting out 3rd string QBs because of injuries? I don't feel sorry about it.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 01:27 AM
Hoisting a cold one in memory of Ravenkiller. Nothing as satisfying as a good rat beating. Hope we all took the under!
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by slick
Sexual predator out there at the end waving his arms at crowd cause he wants the attention for a win that was all about Chub and the defense forcing turnovers

What's this supposed to be? Some sort of bait? Come on Slick.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 01:34 AM
An answered prayer! Ski took the points (or tried to) against the rats. We won; it helped. Cade York is upsetting me. He is snakebit and needs to get his skull straight. Kick until you bleed, but get right. This isn't a hobby. Be deadly. Do your job. I volunteer to miss at least as many, perhaps more, for half the money. These misses are where punters come from. Call Dawson.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 01:35 AM
Happy birthday! Many happy returns.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by Swish
always take a W over the ravens.

gotta say, there were obvious signs of just getting to know each other on offense between DW and his weapons. Cause lets be real here....DW is legit.

Correction, he was legit at the Texans and should be here. I think he will be, but still waiting to see something elite. So far, Brissett is still the best QB on the team.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 02:19 AM

I thought Watson looked very good. He is going to be very good for this team.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 02:21 AM
,,, And Kevin Head Coach, ..
Went for the FG in the first half, and went for the FG another time, now,
one of those FGs was missed but
At the END OF THE DAY, they won the game, and you cannot point back to points that were cost by going for it and failing on 4th down.

As Bellichic once said, more games are lost than won in the NFL.

The Browns kind of benefited today, from the not losing and the Ravens losing it. from their perspective>>
Rav. only one thirty eight passing, a missed FG and a blocked Fg, a thrown int. in the red zone. and two turnovers on downs.

The Browns, did what they do well,
they ran the ball, and they defended the pass,

and they didn't let analytics tell them to chase points when they had a lead,

I"M Really happy that in the first half, the Browns got that 2nd FG, to go to 6 points, without going for it and failing like they have so often in losses.

THEY WON THE GAME,

THEY BEAT, CINY, PITT AND BALT IN THE
SAME >>>>>> YEAR

Has that ever happened before from the Browns? Not often, almost never, only since the return only maybe 200I maybe,

to beat ALL 3 , all 3 division opponents in the same year,

WOW that is something.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 02:27 AM
I'm not understanding the lovefest the Ravens received
Coming into this season. Last time I checked the Bengals
Were in the SB last year not the Ravens.
The Ravens like the Browns were very over rated coming
Into this season
The Browns can surpass the Ravens next year.
They were the more physical team tonight
The Browns defensively played a good collective game.
The tackling was better and I saw less of mental lapses
But the Ravens are a one trick offense
So their is less thinking when you face a team
That runs the ball.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 02:30 AM
I think the Browns kicker did alright today.
didn't miss any more than the other teams kicker.

He did alright today... ...
except for that first shank left when the snow was blowing right.

Dude, Cmon' something went wrong there. glad he had time to get a haircut, What was that? What was that first shank left.

You have found your kicker. He did alright today, the team won.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 02:35 AM
Thanks Bard!
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 02:37 AM
Being at the game today, the snow gave you a real good visual of the wind. It was very difficult conditions. It was blowing in multiple directions.

If we don't trust our kicker, we saw Tucker miss a kick and get one blocked because on that one he was kicking in to a stiff wind and had to try to drive the ball. Before the game I was watching Tucker kick from pretty much that same spot as the blocked kick and he was short on 3 straight from that point. He knew he was going to have to drive the ball to give it any chance.

On the one he missed the wind took it left. York missed one the same way, then late, he hit it right and it just held up in to the wind.

It was pretty strange out there today.
Posted By: Jester Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 02:38 AM
Sawe the Ravenx OC panic too early. 9+ minutes left in the 4th down 10 and it feels like he completely abandoned what had been an effective run game most of the day. Maybe nota bad idea if Lamar is playing but as witnessed certainly not the thing to do with Huntley.

Was it just me or post game di it look like DW was walking around lost looking for someone to celebrate with?
Ended up talking with a couple ravens players.
Looked like he was not really a member of the team.
Doesn't mean he won't be in the near future, just didn't look like he has been embraced by his teammates as of yet
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 02:49 AM
Nine point six points per GAME >>>> over the last 3 games. From the offense.

What is the Browns OFFENSE averaging in the 3 games since Watson's suspension ended.

less than ten.

You have to get more points from your offense in a 3 game set or you will begin a losing streak right away.

9.6 points per game avg.
3, I3, and I3. by the offense in a 3 game set. 9.6, must improve.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 03:02 AM
DW is under a lot of pressure because our interior OL is not “ playing effectively “

DW is also the best QB on this team, get serious. We are still alive for one more day, plus we beat the team I hate the most. smile

We had several chances to put it away due to forcing turnovers, the blocked FG, but we can’t seem to get defences to respect our deep ball.

I didn’t know we even had #17, the kid outta Michigan. And who is carter, Jr?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 03:29 AM
- Watson looked improved over the previous week. The throw to Cooper he made down the sideline is a difficult throw. That's want you want to see. Otherwise, wasn't asked to do anything too difficult, but did what he was asked to do.

- Stop with the endzone fades.

- Pleasantly surprised with the fan turnout.

- Good to see Stefanski stick with Chubb even though it was not working early.

- JJ III had a nice game.

- York got booed off the field.

- ST blocks a FG. Priefer walking with his head held high.

- Garrett is really good.

- Nice game by Ward.

- Fan sing-a-long had Myles Garrett singing along too.

- Moment of the game: JR Swish taking off shirt a la 2016 NBA Championship parade and smashing the guitar before kickoff.

- Game ball: Daylen Baldwin with two catches, his first of his career, including one he reached behind him to catch. Legend.

- Jeers: Me stuck in downtown traffic with the Browns game letting out and Cavs game starting up, trying to navigate to E. 4th to pick up some slices of pie from Citizen Pie Roman Cafe to take home only to walk-up to their door that read, "Sorry, out of dough. Closed." 45 mins stuck on Prospect I'll shall never get back. 'A' for effort.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 03:37 AM
WE won. Good effort. We're making progress and that's a good sign. WE won. I'll take that any week!!! thumbsup
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 03:54 AM
This team has got heart they certainly haven't given up by any means. Good for Jordan Elliot blocking that FG. We still gave up way too many yards on the ground. That's something that really has to be corrected this off season. If we can successfully fix the few weaknesses we have we will be a darn good team next year. The team seems to like playing with DW.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 04:53 AM
He's coming along.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 05:54 AM
I didn't get to see the game.
I did get to hear the game.

It was a treat.
Because I'm old.
And because real-time radio was a big part of how I've enjoyed the Browns in every decade of my fandom.

Jimmy Donovan is so much more than 'just a 'paid homer.' He's very good at what he does. Radio guys kick TV guys' ass on that daily basis. Why? It's simple: TV guys react to the action. Radio guys narrate the action as it's happening. They are that much faster, focused and facile. It's no contest.

Jimmy has about 8 seconds to give you context in the flow of game, down/distance, play formations, pre-snap movement, etc. And he paints a picture with words that allows fans to see the game in their mind's eyes. That is a true skill. One that I could never master.

Saying that, I'll also say this: I always kinda smirked at Nathan Zee from all those Browns Daily joints I used to watch. When he was cast as Dieken's replacement, I was intrigued. He's doing a very good job as the color man in the radio booth, a mild but very pleasant surprise. I've done 3 Browns radio games this year (for various reasons), and Jimmy + Nathan seem to work nicely together.

I'll always love Diek, but I'm actually more engaged in the game flow with Nate's time-fillers.
I'm actually OK with moving on.
Posted By: slick Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by tastybrownies

What's this supposed to be? Some sort of bait? Come on Slick.

No not bait. Just my opinion that's all.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 07:42 AM
Guess we better not see York complaining when he doesn't get to kick a 67 yard FG.

Gotta earn it kid, and so far you haven't earned that right.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 08:23 AM
Can't sleep so I'm rewatching the game.

Just caught the announcers giving the stat that the Browns have givin up 23 tackles for loss since Froholdt tool over at center. Pocic or however you spell his name did a hell of a job at center. We better make sure we don't lose that guy. I'm unsure of his contract situation.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 10:23 AM
No doubt. Re-signing Pocic is a must
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 02:43 PM
Happy birthday, 4Life!
Posted By: mac Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 03:02 PM
jc..

I must say, I enjoyed watching that game more than any I've watched all season...it was like a throw back game...with excellent Dec weather and the Browns playing

the team I hate more than any. The defense showed up when we needed it most and the offense ended the game by exerting their will upon the Rats, running the ball, controlling the clock and giving the Rats NO CHANCE... nanner thumbsup grin
Posted By: jfanent Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 03:20 PM
2-1 with DW. I have to say that's better that I thought it would be. It was nice to see us not stray from the run game, hopefully it wasn't just an anomaly due to the weather. I just love having a lead and chewing up the clock with Chubb...... and there isn't a damn thing the opposing D can do about it.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 03:27 PM
If my eyes aren't deceiving me, has Winfrey been really good recently? Seems like he's shored up the middle of the DL a bit and I'm seeing his number more and more throughout the game in on plays.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 03:35 PM
Thanks Vers
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 03:39 PM
Was at the game, so much more enjoyable to walk out after a win. Normally get to a game a season and the last 3 games or more have been losses, so awesome to beat Div rivals.

A lot of new players at WR and LB, all seemed to step up which was refreshing. Ward seemed to have his best game of the year. Finally got turnovers on D despite giving up just a ton of yards on the ground.

Some good calls on 4th downs by KS. Good to see chubb finally break through and start having success later in the game despite being bottled up and frequently hit at or behind the LOS in the first half.

Watson frequently got pressure from up the middle but played much better. Missed a few wide open receivers and a couple of bad decisions that we got away with but definitely a big improvement in challenging conditions. Likewise for York a tough day but brutal kicking conditions... Tell me the last time Tucker missed makable kicks in a game? As noted last week in warm up York drilling them comfortably from 60.

Mathematically still in the playoff hunt no matter how slim the chance (4%?)... It might not diddly in the grand scheme of things by seasons end but it beats the alternative
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 03:47 PM
Oh yeah, that Baldwin dude … let’s see more of him
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 04:03 PM
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 04:20 PM
The team came out with fire and intensity. The thing is this time that fire and intensity was consistent and lasted all four quarters. Something that has been rare to see. And while the O and DW looked even better than last week, in the last three weeks the O has produced 6 points, 10 points and 13 points respectively. That's certainly going to have to increase. But as we have seen watson has been improving each week and if that trend continues so should a rise in the point totals. Albeit against a back up QB it was nice to see the D stay focused and play all four quarters with that fire. Vers won a quick $50 off of Rish. I don't see how anyone could be watching DW improve every week and then bet against the Browns for the entire rest of the season the way Rish did. But hey, it's his money. Or was his money in this case.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/18/22 07:59 PM
Happy Birthday!
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/19/22 12:43 AM
Great win yesterday for the Browns!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/19/22 02:05 AM
Our propensity for being gashed up the middle on run plays has not been as much of a problem since he’s been re-inserted.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/19/22 03:05 AM
Thanks 3rd and 20!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/19/22 04:58 AM
j/c...

PFF grades from Ravens vs. Browns game.

Snaps played in parentheses.

Browns Defense:

Myles Garrett: 85.3 (49)
Jadeveon Clowney: 65.9 (22)
Chase Winovich: 51.3 (23)
Perrion Winfrey: 40.3 (35)
Alex Wright: 29.6 (41)
Ben Stille: 67.5 (6)
Taven Bryan: 56.1 (37)
Jordan Elliott: 51.5 (40)
Reggie Ragland: 64.5 (2)
Jordan Kunaszyk: 56.2 (30)
Deion Jones: 51.6 (61)
Jermaine Carter: 46.2 (10)
Tony Fields II: 30.0 (29)
Denzel Ward: 90.7 (63)
Greg Newsome II: 74.0 (63)
Martin Emerson: 59.3 (31)
John Johnson III: 93.1 (48)
Grant Delpit: 72.2 (63)
D’Anthony Bell: 60.7 (4)
Ronnie Harrison: 45.4 (36)

Browns Offense:

Deshaun Watson: 70.1 (65)
Kareem Hunt: 76.2 (17)
Nick Chubb: 53.2 (46)
Daylen Baldwin: 83.3 (12)
Amari Cooper: 76.8 (48)
Demetric Felton: 59.1 (4)
Donovan Peoples-Jones: 58.6 (51)
Michael Woods II: 52.2 (41)
Donovan Peoples-Jones: 58.6 (51)
Michael Woods II: 52.2 (41)
Harrison Bryant: 59.5 (27)
David Njoku: 59.5 (62)
Pharaoh Brown: 48.8 (13)
Joel Bitonio: 79.7 (66)
Wyatt Teller: 77.3 (66)
Jack Conklin: 69.7 (66)
Jedrick Wills Jr.: 67.8 (66)
James Hudson: 60.5 (3)
Hjalte Froholdt: 59.3 (66)
Drew Forbes: 58.7 (3)
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/19/22 05:10 AM
No TV coverage at Chez Clem, so I listened to old-school radio. Love me some Dieken, but Zagura>73.

1. D: lots of bend/don't break all day, it seemed. Hard on the heart rate/blood pressure.
2. D: Still can't stop the run.
3. D: still give up way too many automatic first downs on 3rd&long. Drives me nuts; makes every game more nail-biting than it needs to be.

4. O: Chubb is getting stoned at the LOS too often. Current OL personnel is the root (we miss Ethan Pocic). Don't send 24 on sweeps with the kind of blocking we currently have. He does better when he lines up deep behind QB- it gives him time to read the play/potential holes. He's best when he can make one sharp cut, and accelerate to Level 2. We waste too many Chubb plays on slow-developing run playcalls that rely on every single blocker being letter-perfect for the play to work. We don't have those guys right now. Get 24 running downhill. Get yards. Get results.
5. O: I like that KS didn't stop feeding 24 in the second half. Eventually, it paid off. NEVER GIVE HIM FEWER THAN 20 CARRIES. EVER. THIS SHOULD BE GOSPEL.
6. O: I can see a trajectory with #4 that is gonna lead to some pretty exciting things in the 216. Next year. Win or lose, the 11 game suspension all but guaranteed that Deshaun Watson's first season as a Cleveland Brown was going to be an audition for his second season. So far, I'm OK with what I've seen.
7. Find a way to toss the ball to 27 in space, or trade him. Love me some Kareem, but he's not the pure running back (with great hands) that he once was. That said, he's still explosive in space when he has the ball, so find/make ways to put him in those situations.

8. Featuring 24 and 27 in the backfield at the same time would give opposing DC's nightmares

QUICK HITS:

* It was fun seeing (correction: hearing) this team limit BAL to 3 points. That's gotta really hurt. It also sends a signal to the AFCN that CLE games aren't given wins any more (3/2/0).
* As frustrating as our D can be for me at times, I'm actually happy that they've carried our last 2 wins. They were a total disappointment for 2/3 of the season, but have shown signs of what they could be, going forward.
* Losing JOK is significant for the remainder of this season.
* CLE is still doing just enough to keep me interested for another week. Statistical chances of post-season remain vanishingly thin, but I'm still interested... in December. Another loss, and we're out. Doesn't matter, tho- I'll be watching to see what might be next year.

Divisional wins are always important. They help to build the team to competing within AFCN culture.

Clem.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/19/22 11:41 AM
Surprised by their Winfrey grade. I thought he played really well.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/19/22 12:22 PM

You need to find another team. I guess him throwing a TD pass had nothing to do with the win.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/19/22 12:48 PM
We need more Baldwin!
Posted By: mac Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/19/22 02:37 PM
[/color]
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

[color:#FFFFCC]Don't rely on PFF grades....this from their own website...

PFF employs over 600 full or part-time analysts, but less than 10% of analysts are trained to the level that they can grade plays.

Fans have no way of knowing who might reviewed a players performance or if they those from PFF were actually qualified to review a players performance.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/19/22 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by mac
[/color]
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

[color:#FFFFCC]Don't rely on PFF grades....this from their own website...

PFF employs over 600 full or part-time analysts, but less than 10% of analysts are trained to the level that they can grade plays.

Fans have no way of knowing who might reviewed a players performance or if they those from PFF were actually qualified to review a players performance.

You should tell this to the 32 NFL teams, 102 NCAA FBS teams, 7 CFL teams that use/hire PFF.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/19/22 07:47 PM
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/19/22 08:08 PM
One more follow on that my friend and I noticed during the game ... in the grand scheme of things, I don't think you can read too much into this but worth noticing as the game temperatures get lower -- whenever there was a delay in the game (player injured, short time outs on the field) there was always a guy from the sidelines came out and wrapped Watson in one of those player "cowls" that that they often wear when on the sidelines. He was the only player on either side that would have someone run out with this on the field of play during these delays. People have speculated that DW doesn't love the cold weather and I'd say this validates that. It struck my friend and I because we both have memories of being at a Chargers game more than a decade ago that was a white out and the coldest game either of us have ever been to .... everyone was bundled up and they constantly used a leaf blower to clear the lines etc. During THAT game there were two players (and only two) who strutted around without covering up between drives, who didn't have long sleeves on etc ... Tomlinson and Gates. They stood out in a memorable way, even if in the grand scheme of things it meant nothing.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/19/22 11:52 PM
People have speculated that DW doesn't love the cold weather

I'd bet that possibly 95% of the league doesn't. Hell, I'd bet 90% of the people living in Cleveland don't love the cold.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 05:55 AM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
- Watson looked improved over the previous week. The throw to Cooper he made down the sideline is a difficult throw. That's want you want to see.

The throw.

Posted By: lampdogg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 06:05 AM
That was one helluva throw , I said it at the time
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 10:48 AM
Baker was good at throws like that early on in his career when he still had his mojo. One of the things I'll never take away from Baker is he has a live arm, an underrated one actually. One of the pleasant surprises with Watson so far is I think his arm strength is even better than Baker's and its much more effortless. Where Baker had to really torque his body to have the ball explode out of his hand, Watson's looks much more natural.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
People have speculated that DW doesn't love the cold weather

I'd bet that possibly 95% of the league doesn't. Hell, I'd bet 90% of the people living in Cleveland don't love the cold.

While this is true - sort of bypasses the point. If every player that was on the field on Saturday hates the cold ... there was still only one dude on either side that had a guy run out from the sidelines with something to help keep him warm. Maybe that's smart - like keeping a pitchers arm warm? Maybe it means nothing? It was just something unique that my friend and I noticed.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 03:58 PM
Not so long ago, bad weather was used as an excuse over and over and over again for poor qb play. Now, cold weather is being used to throw shade at our current qb.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 06:23 PM
Watson was improved.. If he keeps this up, perhaps he'll be what he once was again.

The D came to play.. Nice Job.

Offense finally scored...

all in all, fun game to watch
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Not so long ago, bad weather was used as an excuse over and over and over again for poor qb play. Now, cold weather is being used to throw shade at our current qb.

If this is your idea of "throwing shade"........
Maybe that's smart - like keeping a pitchers arm warm? Maybe it means nothing? It was just something unique that my friend and I noticed.
.... then your bar for what constitutes shade is very low.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 08:26 PM
Save your typing - that troll has an agenda and distorts everything. Next he'll be name calling and spamming the board calling people 'liar'.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888
Save your typing - that troll has an agenda and distorts everything. Next he'll be name calling and spamming the board calling people 'liar'.

LOL.........who is doing the name calling?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 08:49 PM
Anyway.................did anyone out there think that cold weather adversely affected Watson's play on the field? Did he look so cold that he wasn't functioning properly?
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 09:00 PM
I was at the game. It wasn't "cold". Not like this Saturday is supposed to be.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
I was at the game. It wasn't "cold". Not like this Saturday is supposed to be.

If you were at the game did you also notice how DW had a guy run out to cover him up during time outs and one or two injuries on the field of play? And in my posts did you see me throw shade at DW? Did you see anyone anywhere claim it adversely affect DW's play? Or was that someone trolling and manipulating what the conversation was?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 09:50 PM
Cool. So you are agreeing that he was not adversely affected by the cold weather and that "People have speculated that DW doesn't love the cold weather and I'd say this validates that" was a waste of time.

Glad we are all on the same page.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 10:23 PM
Are you replying to me? If so, DO so.

It wasn't cold. I was 14 rows up, behind the Browns bench on the 47 or 48 yard line. It was not cold. In fact, it was one of the nicest December games I've been to in Cleveland.

The wind on the field may have made a difference, I don't know. But, keep in mind, as a player, you're running around. Cold doesn't affect you nearly as much as the fan in the stands. Plus, when you come off the field, you get a coat, and you sit on heated seats. Fans don't get that treatment. I was wearing plain old shoes. Not boots. My feet, being on the cement the entire game, didn't get cold. Actually took my coat off as well.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 10:30 PM
No. I was replying to 888. The quote about people speculating was made by him. I remember those conversations and some were saying Watson would not do well here in the cold weather and against other AFC North teams. So, if his play wasn't adversely affected, it's no big deal whether he likes the cold or not. Personally speaking, I don't think cold weather is a huge issue for players. Wind is. Slick fields are. Cold.......not so much.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 10:37 PM
Going forward, if you are replying to someone, it clears up a LOT if you, you know, actually reply to THEM.

All I'll say is, it wasn't cold. If DW needed a coat during some down time? How would we know if his play was adversely affected?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 10:51 PM
Going forward, I can do w/out you telling me how to post. And going forward, I won't reply to you again. It's not worth it.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/20/22 11:07 PM
Well, you had me on ignore.

It's really simple though: If you are replying to someone specific, reply to THEM. It helps the flow of the board.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/21/22 05:24 PM
So you don't think that fans should wait until it's actually "Cleveland cold" to determine how much the cold does or doesn't bother DW? I know you don't think the fact that he was warmed with a jacket on the field means anything, but even the person who pointed out it was being done didn't say he knew if it actually meant anything or not. He simply wondered it it was some kind of indicator. And we won't really know until it's actually cold enough to tell. Maybe you should wait to get so defensive after someone actually makes an accusation? But hey, you do you.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/21/22 05:34 PM
No, I think it was just another lame attempt by 888 to throw shade at Watson despite there being no evidence to back up the "speculation" that some of the Baker fans fabricated.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/21/22 06:20 PM
As I said before, it seems your threshold of what constitutes shade is very low.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/22/22 02:02 PM
No, I think it was just another lame attempt by 888 to throw shade at Watson despite there being no evidence to back up the "speculation" that some of the Baker fans fabricated.

So...888 made an observation about our new sexual predator QB and YOU saw that as "shade" coming from a BAKER fan. Got it. Here is the Vers agenda:

Anything bad pointed at the HC, FO or new SP...er...QB...must be shot down or else lines might be drawn from the FO & HC back to their decision to move on from Baker and any narrative that might follow...and the people who made such a decision (FO & HC) must be protected at all posts and all threads to prevent such a narrative from forming...a narrative that might exist only in Vers' mind because no one else GAS about Baker anymore.

It's like the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon...only applied to a message board agenda.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/22/22 02:30 PM
My favorite part of watching the Browns win last Sunday is that it shut up the Baker fans for at least a few days. It's cool to envision how guys like WSU were visibly sick to their stomach that the Browns won.
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/22/22 03:33 PM
Looks like I hit a nerve with the Board's resident liar-in-chief. rofl
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Postgame Thoughts - 12/23/22 04:28 AM
You really are one sick individual. I guess you judge others by how you yourself think and act.... And that's probably most of the problem right there.
© DawgTalkers.net