DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Other Games - 12/28/22 07:14 PM
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 12/28/22 07:18 PM
It warms my heart to know the Browns are not the only trash organization in the NFL.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/28/22 11:35 PM
Wow! That's crazy!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/29/22 12:15 AM
Wow. Have they given up? I thought they still could win their division?

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/29/22 12:16 AM
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 12/29/22 01:51 AM
Steelers are still barely alive. Hopefully they can beat the Ravens this Sunday night, but I'm not too optimistic. Can't believe the Raiders are benching Derek Carr. Then again his 3 interceptions were pretty awful. So glad that Cam Heyward got a much-deserved AFC Defensive player of the week!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/29/22 10:56 AM
The Raiders are dysfunctional and we know that feeling all too well
Posted By: Hammer Re: Other Games - 12/29/22 04:29 PM
Not given up - last game against Jags will determine who wins the AFC South. Nothing to be gained. Resting up and playing for next week.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/29/22 04:41 PM
Thanks.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 12/29/22 11:33 PM
j/c:

Good luck, Josh.

Posted By: AZBrown Re: Other Games - 12/29/22 11:55 PM
I think I would have preferred Dobbs over Mond as our possible backup going into camp next season.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 12/30/22 03:18 PM
Dobbs was better than Willis so I’m sure he’ll start next week too
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 01/01/23 06:45 PM
Justin Fields has 105 yds rushing in the 1st qtr.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 01/01/23 10:52 PM
Well, Stidham hasn't played bad at all
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 01/01/23 11:54 PM
Love seeing the Lions win
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 12:14 AM
Steelers are barely alive with the Patriots beating the Dolphins today and the Seahawks beating the Jets. 3% probability of playoffs, assuming they win vs the Ravens and vs the Browns next week. Not that they would go anywhere in the playoffs this year. Hard to believe they haven't been eliminated yet.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 12:17 AM
always enjoy a Steelers Ravens game

Usually hard hitting good football

I always hope for a tie in those games smile
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 12:28 AM

Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 12:31 AM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 02:08 AM
I love those old logos
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 02:08 AM
As to my best guess for next week: Packers/Lions will be played on Saturday night and Jags/Titans will be on Sunday night
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 02:24 AM
Patriots was always one of my old time favorites
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Patriots was always one of my old time favorites
I love the Seahawks, Oilers, Broncos, Patriots, Eagles, among others
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 03:39 AM
Urban having a good game against the Steelers

Got to root for someone I don't like

Get the steelers to the basement
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 04:05 AM
Steelers Ravens game is crazy
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 04:34 AM
Originally Posted by sk8termom
Steelers are barely alive with the Patriots beating the Dolphins today and the Seahawks beating the Jets. 3% probability of playoffs, assuming they win vs the Ravens and vs the Browns next week. Not that they would go anywhere in the playoffs this year. Hard to believe they haven't been eliminated yet.
Unless one believes there is some secret organized organization controlling outcomes to prop up that team and ensure they are not out.
It's gross actually.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 10:56 AM
Steelers stay alive
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 02:01 PM
A few observations from yesterday:

--Carolina was beating up TB, but then Brady started slinging it all over the field. I am pretty sure he had over 400 yards. I will say that Wilkes has the Panthers playing hard.

--New Orleans beat Philly. I found that surprising even though Hurts was out. The Saints were really moving the ball on the Eagle D.

--Detroit destroyed Da Bears. Goff is having a very good year. They have some nice weapons and Campbell has them playing hard.

--SF and LV was an exciting game. Plenty of mistakes and plenty of big plays. Big win for the 49ers.

--The Rams fall to 5--11 w/that great coach. Herbert makes some sensational throws each and every week. The Chargers run D stinks, though.

--The Jets need a QB and Pete Carroll continues to prove what a good HC he is.

--GB blew out Minnesota. We did them a huge favor by beating Washington and they took advantage of it.

--Pickett shows some signs of having "it." That throw to put them ahead was sweet. The Ravens are dirty and I'm glad they lost.

--I didn't see enough of the other games to comment.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 02:11 PM
Pickett's arm is super weak, but no one develops players like the Steelers. He could end up being a player.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 03:06 PM
GB is starting to peak as an offense, and Alexander can really eliminate another team’s top weapon. I wouldn’t want to play them in the first round
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
--The Rams fall to 5--11 w/that great coach.

Let me know when the one you spend so much time supporting gets a ring.

rofl

You're trying too hard.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 04:30 PM
I certainly don't like the Steelers but I have to give them credit. Mike Tomlin is an excellent coach. They were picked to go nowhere this year and here they are in the playoff hunt in the last week. Heck, even when we're supposed to have good teams we're only in the playoff race once a decade. That's the difference between a well-run, wining organization and one that's the opposite. Pathetic!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 06:04 PM
No doubt about it. They are a winning franchise
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
GB is starting to peak as an offense, and Alexander can really eliminate another team’s top weapon. I wouldn’t want to play them in the first round

I want Aaron Rodgers to get another ring. I like that dude. Maybe he just needs to be the underdog because he doesn't perform well as the top dog. Maybe this is exactly what the doctor ordered.

I would not want to play them either. A loose Rodgers playing with nothing to lose? I might even consider them the favorites.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 06:34 PM
I wouldn't consider them the favorites but a lot of who wins the SB has to do with who is peaking at the time. And they're certainly peaking. But they're not alone in that regard.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

I want Aaron Rodgers to get another ring. I like that dude. Maybe he just needs to be the underdog because he doesn't perform well as the top dog. Maybe this is exactly what the doctor ordered.

I would not want to play them either. A loose Rodgers playing with nothing to lose? I might even consider them the favorites.

Shanny is going to bounce Rodgers from the playoffs for the second year in a row.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 07:53 PM
Rodgers vs Purdy?

I love Shanny, but I think I'm going Rodgers.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 08:02 PM
Detroit is playing very well right now, I will be rooting for them next week.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/02/23 11:26 PM
It’ll be a fun SNF game
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I certainly don't like the Steelers but I have to give them credit. Mike Tomlin is an excellent coach. They were picked to go nowhere this year and here they are in the playoff hunt in the last week. Heck, even when we're supposed to have good teams we're only in the playoff race once a decade. That's the difference between a well-run, wining organization and one that's the opposite. Pathetic!

There is a contingent of spoiled Steelers fans who want Tomlin gone. I agree that Matt Canada is a poor OC, but Tomlin is a great coach!
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 01:41 AM
Bengals made that TD look easy
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:07 AM
They just said they have been administering CPR to the down Bills' player.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:07 AM
This is scary stuff doing cpr is not a good sign
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:08 AM
for over 9 minutes

most likely longer now

Prayers out
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:13 AM
When they came back from the first commercial early on it looked like Josh Allen had been crying.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:13 AM
Very scary. I hope he is OK. Very tough to watch,.especially when you see the concern on the players faces. I don't know how they play after this.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:16 AM
I saw that, I saw Allen and Burrows side by side talking

I wouldnt want to be a player for either team right now
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:18 AM
That was horrible to see happen. Hope Hamlin is ok. I can't imagine playing after this.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:18 AM
Game is on hold right now.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:25 AM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:27 AM
This is horrible.

Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:32 AM
Was it a head injury? I didnt see what happened to him?
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:33 AM
It looked to me like he fell on his side and didn't really bump his head much, it was not a big hit.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by Milk Man
This is horrible.

This is heartbreaking
Posted By: teedub Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:35 AM
Eve, nothing I saw looked like head injury...pretty mundane tackle....got up quickly took 2 steps and fell over backwards.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:36 AM
Wonder if he knocked his heart out of rhythm.
Posted By: teedub Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:40 AM
Wife is,a,cardic icu nurse...based on the above Twitter post and what she saw of game she thinks he went into a cardiac arrhythmia
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Was it a head injury? I didnt see what happened to him?

The play and hit is on youtube

The way he just fell back after getting right up
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:40 AM
If he has a pulse but is not breathing it tells me he may have a brain stem injury. The initial hit wasn’t hard but his head did move suddenly to the left side. It’s hard to say as everyone is different but something that looks innocent enough could be enough to cause significant damage. Him then falling straight back and hitting the back of his head on the ground…
I have a bad feeling this is going to be a tragic outcome.
Posted By: teedub Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:41 AM
What is,rodger waiting on?
Posted By: boofers20 Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:42 AM
can't recall if it was a true story or not but I heard about a baseball player getting hit in the chest at the right time and place that it caused his heart to stop, wonder if something similar happened here
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
If he has a pulse but is not breathing it tells me he may have a brain stem injury. The initial hit wasn’t hard but his head did move suddenly to the left side. It’s hard to say as everyone is different but something that looks innocent enough could be enough to cause significant damage. Him then falling straight back and hitting the back of his head on the ground…
I have a bad feeling this is going to be a tragic outcome.

I was hoping to hear from you

From what you said does not sound good at all

Thank you for explaining the situation
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:44 AM
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:45 AM
I hope they call the game

As a fan I don't think I could enjoy watching

Let alone having to be a player and put emotions in to play hard to win
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:46 AM
He had a pulse but was not breathing on his own; not so sure it was his heart, but it sounded like it to me.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:46 AM
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:50 AM
The chest contusion makes sense for the initial collapse but it doesn’t really explain him not breathing on his own.
Posted By: Knight Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 03:04 AM
That was NOT a contact injury. Very mild impact and he bounced right back up then collapsed, something else going on.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 03:05 AM
The chest contusion makes sense for the initial collapse but it doesn’t really explain him not breathing on his own.

Contusion stopped his heart.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by Knight
That was NOT a contact injury. Very mild impact and he bounced right back up then collapsed, something else going on.

These were my thoughts too. Something underlying?

It's a terrible thing to see. Heartbreaking.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 03:06 AM
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 03:09 AM
glad the game has been postponed

time for prayers for Hamlin
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 03:12 AM
Multiple docs on twitter keep saying

m thinking it may be something called commotio cordis. If the heart is hit in the right spot at the right time in the cardiac cycle, it can cause ventricular fibrillation, requiring CPR and a defibrillator. Hopefully he received high quality CPR and recover. Rare, but happens
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 03:17 AM

Yes, then they started his heart with AED and compressions. Him not breathing on his own is a separate issue.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 03:25 AM

Right. Keep in mind we only have a Twitter report that he has a pulse and not breathing. I'm wondering what the way his arms slowly lowering to the turf after his head hit indicates. Rapid swelling/hemmorhaging in the brain? Heart arrythmia? I'm hoping and praying for a miracle and that he'll be OK.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 03:28 AM
If he is intubated then he has problems breathing.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 03:32 AM

Yes, then they started his heart with AED and compressions. Him not breathing on his own is a separate issue.

In the video I posted with "Pro Football Doc" he said he spoke to another doctor that would handle this situation and said it was highly likely Commotio Cordis.

Scary stuff.

https://www.healthline.com/health/commotio-cordis
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 03:37 AM
I guess on a side note that left a little smile-
Damar Hamlin has a toy drive for underprivileged kids. It is based out of McKees Rocks, Pa (Hamlin played at Pitt in college). The toy drive had a gofundme goal of $2,500 dollars.
At 10:19, it passed 300k. I just checked 4 minutes ago and it was up to 391k.
It is now up to 477k.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 03:46 AM
Originally Posted by northlima dawg
I guess on a side note that left a little smile-
Damar Hamlin has a toy drive for underprivileged kids. It is based out of McKees Rocks, Pa (Hamlin played at Pitt in college). The toy drive had a gofundme goal of $2,500 dollars.
At 10:19, it passed 300k. I just checked 4 minutes ago and it was up to 391k.
It is now up to 477k.

$750k now.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 03:47 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Just donated. That's going to blow past $1M before too long.

Up to $737k now.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 04:41 AM
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 04:56 AM
Thanks for the info. Over a million now.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive

If anyone is interested in donating.

Eve that's about as good a bit of news as we could Hope for I think.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 06:57 AM
j/c….

Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 12:06 PM
Buffalo Bills player Damar Hamlin, 24, suffered CARDIAC ARREST after crunching tackle as it emerges his mom was at the game: Player he took down says 'praying that you pull through bro' as fans camp outside hospital where he's in critical condition

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/n...given-CPR-collapsing-field.html#comments

--------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first time in my 57 years that I've ever seen a game stopped because of an injury, that be it a near-death injury. Prayers his way.
Posted By: mac Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 01:07 PM
Wishing Damar nothing but the best possible outcome..keep fighting.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 01:46 PM
I have never seen players react as emotionally as what we witnessed last night. It was evident something tragic was occurring even before we got news about filbulator and CPR being administered. I wanted to turn away, but could not. Desperately praying for a good sign or encouraging words. They never came.

I was also disgusted by the NFL's reaction. A 5-minute warm-up period? Those players were devastated and in no condition to play. I give Zac Taylor a lot of credit and he has earned respect. He and McDermott talked initially and during that 5 minute period, Taylor walked back across the field to meet w/his McDermott again. I think the two men agreed that their teams were not prepared to play. That deserves recognition.

The NFL put out some statement that was more about covering their ass than it was heart-felt sympathy. Another bad look for the big business that is the NFL. I don't want to hear how much you care about your players.

In the end, I won't make any medical prognostications as I have no knowledge of such things. Like millions of others, I hope and pray for the young man and his family. I can only imagine how horrific this entire ordeal had to be for his poor mother. Like Ryan Clark said, your own child is "always your baby" no matter how old they get.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 02:01 PM
Really scary situation. It sounds like they saved his life on the field. Prayers to him and his family
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 04:55 PM
I have never seen players react as emotionally as what we witnessed last night. It was evident something tragic was occurring even before we got news about filbulator and CPR being administered. I wanted to turn away, but could not. Desperately praying for a good sign or encouraging words. They never came.

I was also disgusted by the NFL's reaction. A 5-minute warm-up period? Those players were devastated and in no condition to play. I give Zac Taylor a lot of credit and he has earned respect. He and McDermott talked initially and during that 5 minute period, Taylor walked back across the field to meet w/his McDermott again. I think the two men agreed that their teams were not prepared to play. That deserves recognition.

The NFL put out some statement that was more about covering their ass than it was heart-felt sympathy. Another bad look for the big business that is the NFL. I don't want to hear how much you care about your players.

In the end, I won't make any medical prognostications as I have no knowledge of such things. Like millions of others, I hope and pray for the young man and his family. I can only imagine how horrific this entire ordeal had to be for his poor mother. Like Ryan Clark said, your own child is "always your baby" no matter how old they get.

Quoted for truth. The statement put out by the NFL sickened me. A team and even the NFLPA are very much like a tight knit family. While players battle on the field, as a union they all stand together. They genuinely care for one another. Having played a lot in team sports I still can't imagine just how devastating this was to every player on the field. The idea they could continue the game after what happened is a sad statement as to how the almighty dollar rules over what we call humanity. Somehow in this world our priorities have gotten all out of whack.

My prayers go out to Hamlin, his family and the every player in the NFL today. I'm sure this event is causing many to rethink the game they love. I can't say I blame them.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888
Thanks for the info. Over a million now.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive

If anyone is interested in donating.

Almost over $4M now. Incredible.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 05:32 PM
Incredible
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 06:46 PM
j/c...

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 07:00 PM
And still the NFL uses it's memos mainly as a CYA message. Talking more about what a great job they did from the medical aspect than they do Damar. Disgusting.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And still the NFL uses it's memos mainly as a CYA message. Talking more about what a great job they did from the medical aspect than they do Damar. Disgusting.

What, exactly, do you think they need to say here?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 07:08 PM
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 07:12 PM
Patting themselves on the back for what a great job they did at this point in time certainly isn't it. I mean it took them 30 minutes to get this kid in an ambulance and headed to the hospital. Self aggrandizing isn't what the bulk of their message should be about right now.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 07:14 PM
This is a factual accounting. I don't see this as "patting themselves on the back".

Part of the time spent getting him in the ambulance was saving his life. Then they waited on his mother.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 07:17 PM
I'm not surprised you think them talking more about what a great job they did than the actual player seems perfectly fine. You probably really don't believe that.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 07:24 PM
What do you want them to say about the player?? They're giving the same info every news outlet in the world is giving. They resuscitated the young man on the field-of-play and gave him a fighting chance at recovery. That's simply an accurate account of what happened within the timeline. Most people would agree they did a great job, but if Roger says it, it means he doesn't care about the player?? C'mon man.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 07:30 PM
Yes, everyone is reporting how highly trained these medical professionals are. That was sarcasm BTW.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 07:40 PM
So, you're "disgusted" because he tipped his cap to the medical professionals? They probably saved his life... and they're every bit as traumatized as the players. But you throw shade saying it took them too long to get him in an ambulance. In fact, you and others complaining about that is probably a big reason for the wording in the message. Bunch of armchairs last night were complaining about the medical care when they have no idea of the actual situation.

Is it also bad that he emphasized mental health support for the players and staff? Is that just him tooting his own horn as well?

Geesh.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 07:42 PM
There must be outrage!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 07:52 PM
j/c:

Switching gears. The fact that the NFL hasn't made any decisions regarding the possible resumption of the game is fairly noteworthy. It's not like it's Denver vs Houston. Both the Bills and Bengals are fighting for the #1 overall seed and both have already beat KC, should the records end in a tie. Also, some individual considerations such as meeting contract escalators, pursuit of statistical accomplishments, etc are in play. I also think one might deem that not playing the game might provide some type of competitive advantage in other ways than just the records, such as being more rested because they didn't have to play a full game in what was sure to be an extremely hard fought game.

I am not being insensitive towards Hamlin, but there is a lot at stake here.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 07:54 PM
There isn't a single sentence in that memo that wishes him a full or speedy recovery. Not a single sentence that shows support for him or his family. Not a single sentence in that memo addressing concern over the actual player at all. Just because the blind can't see isn't as me problem.
Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 08:06 PM
I dont see the word great anywhere in there. I think they wanted to get a cardiac rhythm going and a pulse before they moved him to the ambulance. I thought the medical team handled a tough situation very well. Had he not gotten effective CPR he would probably be dead now. btw, what is the training of these medical professionals??
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 08:12 PM
I'm not surprised you think them talking more about what a great job they did than the actual player seems perfectly fine. You probably really don't believe that.

What do you think they didn't say about the player that needed to be said? At this point the player's privacy is more important than your need to know anything.

But nice try at deflection.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 08:13 PM
There was an incident like this about 50 years ago. I believe it involved a Detroit Lions WR IIRC and he passed away. I think after this incident the NFL mandated that there would now be an ambulance at every game.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 08:16 PM
I'll repeat my post from above which you obviously don't give a damn about.

There isn't a single sentence in that memo that wishes him a full or speedy recovery. Not a single sentence that shows support for him or his family. Not a single sentence in that memo addressing concern over the actual player at all. Just because the blind can't see isn't as me problem.

None of those things has anything to do with the players privacy. It's simply a reflection of where their focus was.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 08:35 PM
I'll repeat my post from above which you obviously don't give a damn about.

None of those things has anything to do with the players privacy. It's simply a reflection of where their focus was.

Nice goalposts move. I replied to your reply to me. I notice you failed to mention that. You are outraged because that is the state you live in
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 08:38 PM
j/c...

Posted By: keithfromxenia Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 08:47 PM
Versatile I don’t expect much football conversation until the player is off the critical list, at least publically. I do think there is every reason to think a positive outcome for Hamlin can happen. While most cardiac events like this are in older folks with diseased hearts Hamlin has a young healthy heart. CPR was also initiated very quickly. I am optimistic he will have a full recovery. Happy to see that GoFundMe page growing
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 08:47 PM

I know I know, it doesn't meet your standards of approval so it is still disgusting.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 08:52 PM
You're still trying to pull the same BS you always do. This entire time my assertion has been predicated on the fact they used this memo on covering their own ass while refusing to address concern for the player. None of your pontification will change that.

It's almost as disgusting as you trying to excuse such behavior.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 08:55 PM
j/c...

So this would mean that KC clinches the coveted #1 seed if they beat the Raiders this weekend even if both teams finish w/3 losses and Buffalo won the head-to-head match-up.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 08:55 PM
You're still trying to pull the same BS you always do.

That's called being right pointing out your hypocrisy, spin and showing you that you are wrong. It's a easy job but I don't mind doing it.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 09:10 PM
j/c

This is a memorandum that was directed at chief executives, club presidents, and etc. This wasn’t directed at the general public. If their memos are like ours, this tells the situation, the possible status, and guidance moving forward. Feelings should not be included in this.

A letter or press conference (something of that nature), would be where they talk about the player/family/team and show their support.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
j/c

This is a memorandum that was directed at chief executives, club presidents, and etc. This wasn’t directed at the general public. If their memos are like ours, this tells the situation, the possible status, and guidance moving forward.

A letter or press conference (something of that nature), would be where they talk about the player/family/team and show their support.

I'm not the one who is "disgusted" with the NFL's handling of this. I think they have done as good a job as possible given the uniqueness of the situation.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 09:13 PM
That’s why I put j/c (just clicking).

Edit: I guess I could’ve just clicked on Pits name. Sorry for the confusion.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Other Games - 01/03/23 09:18 PM
That’s why I put j/c (just clicking).

Edit: I guess I could’ve just clicked on Pits name. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries. Thanks for clearing it up.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 12:04 AM
What ass is the nfl trying to cover? Players get hurt during the course of a game/season? Fact. Exactly what 'ass' are they trying to cover? That personnel were there, as well as team trainers, doctors, etc? That's not covering ass, that's fact.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 12:15 AM
LOL!
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 12:24 AM
j/c

This is a memorandum that was directed at chief executives, club presidents, and etc. This wasn’t directed at the general public. If their memos are like ours, this tells the situation, the possible status, and guidance moving forward. Feelings should not be included in this.

Exactly.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 06:54 AM
No criticism of the NFL here.

There is nothing in the inventory here…

The should cancel the game or call it a tie and move on to next week.

Anything else is too messy and can’t really be done without hurting both teams going forward.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 01:54 PM
Anyone have much of an update from the past day?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 01:57 PM
He is still in critical condition and his uncle said he is "fighting." Here is a statement from his family:

Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 03:19 PM
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 04:08 PM
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
What ass is the nfl trying to cover? Players get hurt during the course of a game/season? Fact. Exactly what 'ass' are they trying to cover? That personnel were there, as well as team trainers, doctors, etc? That's not covering ass, that's fact.

So would supporting the family and wishing him a speedy recovery had they have done that. I suppose you don't think they're concerned about lawsuits and making statements that would try to minimize any liability someone may accuse them of. The naive world of arch must be a comfortable place.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 04:46 PM

So would supporting the family and wishing him a speedy recovery had they have done that. I suppose you don't think they're concerned about lawsuits and making statements that would try to minimize any liability someone may accuse them of. The naive world of arch must be a comfortable place.

So if they say the medical staff is "highly trained" in a press release, they won't get sued??

You, sir, are a national treasure!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 05:40 PM
j/c:

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 06:42 PM
Looks like he is improving.

Posted By: mgh888 Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 06:44 PM
https://www.gofundme.com/f/mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive?viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-167285034293-13a5ec028c5f11ed&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_email%2B1137-update-supporters-v5b

$6,4322,000+ and counting.

Warms the heart to see people responding like this.

Hopefully continued improvement. Latest from the fundme page:

Today
by Damar Hamlin's Team, Team Member
We're simply awestruck by the level of support and generosity we've seen over the past two days. With over $6 million raised, this fundraiser has become an overnight reminder of the incredible nature of humankind. Your actions directly reflect the type of human Damar is himself.

As representatives of Damar, the team at Jaster Athletes posted the fundraiser updates and will work with the Hamlin family, The Chasing M's Foundation, and the GoFundMe team to ensure the safe delivery of funds.

Because the situation is evolving, we'll continue to communicate any updates on the fundraiser. We will also work with GoFundMe to email all donors with more specifics regarding the use of funds as those details are available. As you can imagine, this has been a challenging time for the family. We appreciate your understanding as we give them the time and space they need to focus on Damar's health first.

We're hopeful about Damar's future involvement in disbursing the incredibly generous contributions. We thank you again for your support and look forward to updating you along the way.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 06:48 PM
The latest I heard he went from receiving 100% oxygen to 50% oxygen.

Reports: Uncle of Damar Hamlin gives updates on his condition

Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin's uncle, Dorrian Glenn, told NFL Network reporter Cameron Wolfe his nephew is on a ventilator, but "he's improved to 50% oxygen needed after being at 100 percent." He's still sedated, according to the report, but the main focus is recovering to breathe on his own and healing his lungs.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...es-updates-on-his-condition/69776038007/

It's a longer story but most of it is a rehash of what is already known.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Other Games - 01/04/23 08:15 PM

How in the good Lord's name did you come to that conclusion? Wow.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 01:28 PM
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 02:23 PM

How in the good Lord's name did you come to that conclusion? Wow.

He just be flapping his lips to get a response.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 03:10 PM
Thought this should be posted since everyone was in a rush to crucify the NFL and Goodell... as if he was some grumpy old man screaming "get out there and plaaaay!". Not sure where the "five minute warm-up period" word came from as it came out of Joe Buck's mouth. Could have been their former-official-monkey-in-the-booth, an official on the field just reciting standard protocol, or something stated early on before the weight of the situation settled on everyone. So, hopefully some more 'straight from the horse's mouth' will settle this and everyone can move on.

Bengals' Zac Taylor praises Bills coach Sean McDermott for actions

4:27 PM ET
Ben Baby and Alaina Getzenberg

Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott held a singular thought when Damar Hamlin was driven off the field in an ambulance after a cardiac arrest, according to Cincinnati Bengals coach Zac Taylor.

In the first comments since Hamlin collapsed, Taylor divulged his on-field conversation with McDermott on Monday night before the game between the two teams was suspended.

"When I got over there, the first thing he said was, 'I need to be at the hospital for Damar, and I shouldn't be coaching this game,'" Taylor recalled to reporters on Wednesday.

Hamlin, a second-year Buffalo player, remains in critical condition at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center after the cardiac arrest, the Bills said in a statement Wednesday. He has shown signs of improvement but is expected to remain under intensive care for further treatment and evaluation.

Taylor said that after Hamlin was placed in the ambulance and driven out of Cincinnati's Paycor Stadium at 9:25 p.m. local time, referee Shawn Smith's officiating crew walked over to Cincinnati's sideline to say that McDermott was still trying to sort out what happened. To expedite the decision-making process, Taylor walked over to Buffalo's sideline to join the officials and McDermott's conversation.

Taylor praised the way McDermott and the Bills organization navigated the unprecedented situation.

"Seeing the way he handled his team just deepened that respect for him and verified everything I always thought he was about as a man," Taylor said.

In a conference call with reporters Wednesday, Troy Vincent, league executive vice president of football operations, said all of his conversations with McDermott have centered on the well-being of Buffalo's staffers and players.

"My communications with the club and those players has just strictly been around making sure they're OK, to check in," Vincent said. "And being able to access those resources that are available to 'em. It is tough, and coach is still battling."

Vincent and Taylor each referenced the minutes after Hamlin departed in an ambulance when it momentarily appeared the game might continue.

Taylor said there were never any directives for the game to resume. When Cincinnati's players, including quarterback Joe Burrow, started to warm up and briefly took the field along with Buffalo's defense, Taylor attributed it to the normal rhythms of a game's resumption after a medical break. Taylor also added that in the moment, nobody was processing whether the game was going to be played or delayed.

"There's so much that happened that I can't really recall," Taylor said. "My process of remembering is that's really just what unfolded. There was no push for anything to happen."

Vincent reiterated that version of events, which has been maintained since the hours after the game was suspended.

Conversations remain ongoing about whether the regular-season game between the Bills and the Bengals will be resumed at all. The focus has been on Hamlin with conversations about logistics just beginning, Vincent said.

Jeff Miller, the league's executive vice president for communications, public affairs and policy, said a decision will be made in the coming days.

"But there's a lot of considerations in place there and a lot of people that we want to consult with, including the clubs involved, before that decision is final," Miller said.

Vincent added that they are allowing the Bills to guide the league's decision on whether their game on Sunday, hosting the New England Patriots, will continue on as scheduled. "We'll allow Sean [McDermott] and his team and his staff and the players, which are the most important thing here, to guide us if we have to make that decision collectively with the club and what's best for Sean and his team and the players."

Taylor said his team is preparing for its Week 18 game against the Baltimore Ravens. The league announced that that game will take place at 1 p.m. ET Sunday in Cincinnati. Taylor said the team has communicated to players the resources available to players trying to balance handling what happened to Hamlin amid the preparation for Sunday's AFC North clash.

When asked about any long-lasting mental impacts about playing such a physical game, Taylor said he believes players know the risks that come with the game.

"This was a tough situation," Taylor said. "My understanding based on the information we have is it's a one in a very small chance of that happening. Players that play football know that.

"They know what they're getting into. It's a less than ideal part of the game, but it's a known part of the game."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...aises-bills-coach-sean-mcdermott-actions
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 03:25 PM
I could be mistaken, but I thought I heard the 5-minute warm-up thing coming over the PA system. Now, you have me doubting my recollection.

Anyway, my wife told me that she heard the NFL has denied ever issuing the 5-minute warm-up decision. Thus, I've dropped it after my initial reaction. I was just deeply disturbed after I heard that they would play after a 5-minute warm-up period. I was looking at the player's reactions on the field and there was no doubt in my mind that they were not going to be ready to play. However, I have dropped my objections once I learned that the NFL is denying that they ever said that.

As of this moment, I only care about two things. The well-being of Damar Hamlin and trying to be as fair as possible to the teams involved in the playoff race.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 03:42 PM

Great news!!!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 03:48 PM

y R dEy tAlKiNg aBoUt PeEpLe sAyvInG HiZ lYfE ?!?!
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 03:48 PM
I actually went back and watched in real time, stopwatch running through the commercials, to get a real grip on what happened and when. When I watched the first time, I was on delay and speeding through commercials. The first mention of CPR was about nine minutes. That's also when we saw players way more visibly shaken than usual -- and the camera looking for more. During that time we saw Diggs rallying the troops, ESPN breaking away to talk about how hard it will be for the players to get back on the field (as if it was a given), etc...

At about fifteen minutes, Buck announced the five minute warm-up... within about two minutes of that, the coaches were gathered and deciding what to do.

I honestly believe the league left it in the hands of the coaches. There were two officials with each coach and talking into a headset. Taylor prompted them getting together. There was one other indication that there we're a bunch of ears 'in the loop'... just mere seconds after McDermott was pointing players to the locker room, the house PA announced the temporary suspension of play.

I don't fault anyone for reacting the way they did. The world was ablaze with tweets like "keep in mind, throughout this tragedy playing out, Goodell was ordering players back out onto the field". At least you got the rest of the story and reacted accordingly. Others, not so much.

I don't really care for Roger, or the 'imperial chancellor' approach to governing a football league, but I think the dude gets an unwarranted 'bad rap' a lot more than he should. Sadly, he brings a lot of it on himself.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 03:56 PM
Thanks for the information. I stand corrected. I obviously misremembered who said what. I had a hard time getting past the reactions of the players. I've never seen more emotion on a football field. That was genuine angst, misery, bewilderment, and even panic. That 5-minute thing blew my mind. Thanks for setting the record straight.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 04:13 PM
I was in shock. We just got back from Ohio, I was casually watching the game and FF through commercials, I barely knew there was an injury as I was unpacking. I look at the screen and see grown men crying... and stopped dead in my tracks.

That was a very scary scene. But man, there is a whole world pulling for Hamlin, and things are starting to look good as far as recovery. Another example of how we can be our best when facing the worst. Let's all continue to hope, pray, whatever you do, that this would-be-tragedy becomes triumph.

In my perfect world, Hamlin comes-to, jumps out of bed, and yells "Cancelled!? What the hell you guys talking about!" Probably a bit far-fetched, but either way, this another great reminder... all these guys endure a lot of hard work and hardship to get to live their dream. This game is so cruel that it will take it all away in a split-second.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
He just be flapping his lips to get a response.

And here you are. As someone in the legal profession you should know better.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Breer is not the NFL trying to cover his own ass.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 04:49 PM

Breer is not the NFL trying to cover his own ass.

Neither was that memo.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 04:56 PM
Yeah, all it did was talk about what a great job the NFL did with its medical staff without mentioning anything about the condition of or good wishes to Hamlin. And of course those claims that they had no idea the memo would become public. How many ways can you say gullible?
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 05:06 PM
For someone who wants undeniable-proof-beyond-a-reasonable-doubt on some subjects, you sure are quick to demean others' common sense when your opinion is at the center of the discussion.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 05:38 PM
You may wish to look at some of your own posts over the last couple of days before casting that stone.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 06:16 PM
I thought about it.

Nah...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 06:31 PM
Think harder. It doesn't seem logical to point the finger at someone else for something you are just as guilty of.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 06:46 PM
Bills statement: Damar Hamlin has shown 'remarkable improvement' over last 24 hours, per physicians caring for him

The Bills have issued a new statement at 10:28 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 5 on the status of Damar Hamlin:

"Per the physicians caring for Damar Hamlin at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Damar has shown remarkable improvement over the past 24 hours. While still critically ill, he has demonstrated that he appears to be neurologically intact. His lungs continue to heal and he is making steady progress. We are grateful for the love and support we have received."

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/d...vement-over-last-24-hours-per-physicians
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 07:00 PM
Think harder. It doesn't seem logical to point the finger at someone else for something you are just as guilty of.

I don't see any receipts, just an arbitrary statement that I'm guilty of the same thing you are. I guess at least you've admitted guilt, and you're just moving to the deflection box on your flowchart.

"Try again, weedhopper..."
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 07:01 PM
The ‘neurologically intact’ piece is the biggest thing in this statement. My concerns for him all along have been his brain function. They got his heart started but being intubated made me concerned for his brain health. Not breathing on your own usually indicates brain trauma. I still wonder if his falling straight back and hitting his head on the turf created secondary issues.?.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 07:05 PM
One would think you know what you have posted without having to show you. You know it's true. I am a snarky poster. I have never hidden from that fact. I won't play the denial game the way you are.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 07:10 PM
Damar Hamlin is "beginning to awaken," doctors say in latest update on his recovery from cardiac arrest

Damar Hamlin is "beginning to awaken," a doctor from University of Cincinnati Medical Center said Thursday, providing an update on the NFL player's condition after Hamlin suffered cardiac arrest during a game on Monday.

Hamlin, who still has a breathing tube, was able to communicate in writing to doctors last night, according to Dr. Timothy Pritts of UC Health. 

"We would like to share there has been substantial improvement over the last 24 hours," he said at the briefing alongside Dr. William Knight, also of UC Health. "We have significant concern about him after the event that happened on the field. He is making substantial progress. As of this morning, he is beginning to awaken."

Pritts said it appears Hamlin's "neurological function is intact," attributing that to the speed to which emergency responders began treating him.

"He continues to be critically ill and undergo care in the ICU," Pritts said. "He still has signify progress he needs to make. This marks a turning point in his ongoing care."

Hamlin, a Buffalo Bills safety, was critically injured on Monday during the first quarter of a game against the Cincinnati Bengals. He fell shortly after tackling Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins. Hamlin had gotten back on his feet after the hit and appeared to adjust his face mask with his right hand before falling backward a few seconds later. 

Emergency responders tended to him on the field before he was taken by ambulance to a hospital. The game was postponed and later suspended.

"The first question he wrote when he started to awaken was, 'Did we win (the game)?'" It's not only that the lights are on, but we know he's home," Pritts said, 

As for long-term recovery, Knight said doctors are focused on Hamlin's day-to-day care.

"He still has a ways to go in terms of liberation from the ventilator," said Knight.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/damar-...HDoq63GdhB7GcOCbYd4dZbdgq-Z0XnTQxnJ7YFVQ
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 07:28 PM
[quote=FATE]For someone who wants undeniable-proof-beyond-a-reasonable-doubt on some subjects, you sure are quick to demean others' common sense when your opinion is at the center /].

Everyone else requires a notarized document. rofl
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 07:38 PM
Yeah, that's it.

I see you decided to ignore the update on the improvement of Hamlin to focus on what's most important to you. Great work!
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 08:03 PM

Listening to the PC with the doctors from UC, they are emphatic in stating that the timeliness and decisiveness is the direct reason we're having positive discussion today. They say that if minutes, or even mere seconds, passed without Damar receiving this care, we would be having a much different conversation today.

Also... when recounting Damar's communication...

He asked "Did we win?"
One of our partners responded: "Yes, you won Damar... you won the game of life".
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 08:09 PM
My wife was relaying a conversation that they were having at her hospital and how everyone there was thankful and even somewhat hopeful that the quick actions of the people working on Hamlin increased his chances immensely.

Someone posted [maybe Milk or Memphis] about there was no better place for Hamlin to have that happen to him other than a hospital due to all the medical people and other first responders that were on hand in the stadium. It seems odd to say, but it's perfectly logical.

Btw---I really got a kick out of him asking if they had won the game. That's great stuff!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 08:14 PM
j/c:

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by FATE

Listening to the PC with the doctors from UC, they are emphatic in stating that the timeliness and decisiveness is the direct reason we're having positive discussion today. They say that if minutes, or even mere seconds, passed without Damar receiving this care, we would be having a much different conversation today.

Also... when recounting Damar's communication...

He asked "Did we win?"
One of our partners responded: "Yes, you won Damar... you won the game of life".

bUt gOoDeLl !!!!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 08:21 PM
Once again your focus seems to me more about me than Damar. Well done! Some peoples priority lists are all out of whack and they keep proving it with each passing post they make.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 08:24 PM
Once again your focus seems to me more about me than Damar. Well done! Some peoples priority lists are all out of whack and they keep proving it with each passing post they make.

LOL.........I think it is quite evident that you want all the focus on you. Gotta feed that fragile ego.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 08:27 PM
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 08:28 PM
And you talk about others forming a gang. And here you are averting your attention away from Damar and directing it toward me. You all must be so proud of yourselves. I hope you all realize that wasn't my decision but your own. Once again deflecting blame. It's your trademark.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 08:30 PM

I focus on ridiculous arguments and positions and showcase why they are ridiculous arguments and positions. I can't help if, more often than not, they are yours.

But you can.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 08:37 PM
Lol. I knew that would be his first question... knew it!

Years ago we were playing baseball on a playground. We designated a tetherball post as the foul pole lol. My buddy is racing back to make a Willie Mays style catch and meets the foul pole at full speed as the ball hits his glove. Down and OUT. An EMS worker happened to be playing with us... as he races over and starts to check vitals, Mike starts to wake up...

Eyes pop wide open, he looks around at everyone staring down at him... "Did I make the catch??"

"Yes Mike, you made the catch." (he did) 🤣

As this whole thing has played out, I expected nothing less than Damar's passion for the game to shine through once he was responsive. And like you said, strange as it may sound, he was in the perfect place at the perfect time. Truth be told, if there is any underlying condition that may have led to this, this may be his life's biggest blessing.

I'm all-in on this continuing down the road to a fairytale ending. A full recovery for Damar and his Bills hoisting the trophy in his honor. What could be sweeter than that after walking the razor's edge of the ultimate football tragedy?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 08:38 PM
Yes, more than the tragedy facing Damar. There is nothing silly about a corporation putting out a CYA memo they know the public will see. It happens all the time. It happened this time. Fabricating a scenario in your own mind doesn't change that. Even if you disagree with that, no matter how hard you try to make it personal, it isn't some ridiculous argument. It's a common occurrence that looks very similar to this.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 09:20 PM
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 09:40 PM
Good story about Mike. I love that kinda stuff.

Also, I think a lot of people [me included] are w/you on hoping for that Fairy Tale ending.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 09:59 PM
Yeah, all it did was talk about what a great job the NFL did with its medical staff without mentioning anything about the condition of or good wishes to Hamlin. And of course those claims that they had no idea the memo would become public. How many ways can you say gullible?

It wasn't the nfl's medical staff. It was a Bills assistant athletic trainer.

And yet you need the nfl, with very little knowledge of the seriousness, to mention his condition, and good wishes????
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/05/23 11:44 PM
Classy move.

Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 01/06/23 12:07 AM
Saw this earlier today... Higgins was seen at the hospital, arm in arm with his mother, shortly after the game. Hamlin's family has embraced his healing process as well. Class, class and more class.

'I'm in a good place': Tee Higgins speaks for first time since MNF, in contact with Damar Hamlin's mom

CINCINNATI — Bengals receiver Tee Higgins said he's "in a good place" following a positive update on Damar Hamlin's health.

Higgins was the last person to have contact with Hamlin before he went into cardiac arrest. While the Buffalo Bills safety is still in critical condition at UC Medical Center, doctors said Hamlin is awake and his neurological function is intact. He has been able to hold and grip his family's hands and communicate with doctors through writing.

Hamlin's mother spoke with Higgins Thursday to tell him the good news.

"She's telling me that she's thinking of me, praying for me and things like that ... telling me that he's OK, just all the good, positive stuff," Higgins said. "Just knowing that he's OK, he's doing better, makes me feel better inside."

Hamlin's family has been outspoken in their support of Higgins, joining NFL players in calling for any criticism of him to stop. Bills quarterback Josh Allen also made a statement at the end of his press conference telling people not to attack Higgins, saying, "I hope he doesn't hold that upon himself."

Family members said Higgins has been in contact with them since Hamlin went to the hospital.
"Obviously it's been hard, just because I had something to do with the play ... but everybody's been making me feel whole again," Higgins said.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/footbal...contact-with-damar-hamlins-mom?_amp=true
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/06/23 12:10 AM
Classy move by the family. On the other hand, it's pretty disgusting that some folks are trashing Higgins. He didn't do anything wrong.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 01/06/23 12:12 AM
People are whack. I don't know how anyone could formulate a scenario where Higgins was at fault.
Posted By: JulesDawg Re: Other Games - 01/06/23 01:00 AM
Thank goodness Damar is showing such great signs of improvement. I had a really hard time sleeping that night. I’m so relieved at these signs of improvement.

I know the toy drive means a lot to Damar, but given the huge amount of money coming in, I wonder if he might consider a new one with some of that money, with an expectation for it to grow immensely, for getting defibrillators for every sports venue in the country. Every high school, middle school, etc. Talk about an opportunity for a life saving mission!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games - 01/06/23 04:08 AM
Classy move by the family. On the other hand, it's pretty disgusting that some folks are trashing Higgins. He didn't do anything wrong.

No doubt. Bart Scott is trash.

Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other Games - 01/06/23 03:05 PM
j/c:

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/06/23 03:16 PM
That's great news!!!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games - 01/06/23 05:05 PM
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Other Games - 01/06/23 05:15 PM

We live in a point the finger, it's somebodys fault society.
Posted By: FATE Re: Other Games - 01/06/23 05:20 PM

A moment of raucous cheering. That is 100% pure awesome.

For the first time since this happened, I actually got a little choked up... just realizing how very different this Sunday could have been around the league. Wow.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/06/23 05:23 PM
It wasn't the nfl's medical staff. It was a Bills assistant athletic trainer.

And yet you need the nfl, with very little knowledge of the seriousness, to mention his condition, and good wishes????

What the hell are you even talking about? Do you even have a clue what this part of the discussion is about? This came from Goodell's office.....

The only mention of Damar at all is that "our focus will remain on Damar and his family" out of three entire paragraphs. The seriousness is that he was on life support. The seriousness was that he couldn't breathe on his own. The seriousness was he was in the ICU in critical condition.

Look, we live in world where people sue you over a cup of coffee being too hot. The NFL is ran by an attorney, Goodell. People pretending they're not smart enough to put out preemptive statements to paint themselves in a good light for the possibility of pending litigation are naive. They most certainly did. And actually that's a pretty smart move. The actual problem here is they spent the vast majority of this memo patting themselves on the back and not nearly enough on Damar. It made what they were doing far too obvious for anyone willing to look at this objectively.

At that point in time the message should have been more centered around Damar and less about patting themselves on the back.

I guess it must have flown over your head that the NFL is a combination of all 32 teams which the bills and their entire staff are a part of and that all of these medical staffs act according to the protocols set by the NFL.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Other Games - 01/06/23 05:34 PM
j/c

It's great to hear the news he is off of the ventilator. The two things I was most concerned about was how long was oxygen cut off to the brain when his heart stopped. That was cleared up yesterday when he began to communicate in writing and make responses to his family and doctors showing his brain functions seemed in tact. The next biggest concern to me was if his lungs would get good enough for him to be taken off the ventilator. Today answered that question. I'm sure he still has a long road to recovery but in my limited knowledge of medical issues, I think the biggest hurdles have been crossed.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 01/06/23 06:50 PM
The NFL outta make a huge, huge donation to hid charity, and should make sure that every stadium and team facility has a defibulator and a ventilator.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Other Games - 01/07/23 09:49 PM
Do You think there was an NFL stadium that didn't already have multiple I0+ defibrilaters? I don't.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games - 01/07/23 11:43 PM
You would think they would ..... but in all the time he lay on the field, I don't think I saw one nearby.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Other Games - 01/09/23 12:27 AM
© DawgTalkers.net