DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Versatile Dog Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 01/31/23 02:40 PM
KC vs Philly

February 12th at 6:30

Eagles favored by 2 after the game opened as a pick-em. Over/under is 49.5

Should be a good match-up. KC features a well-established HC in Andy Reid who was once known as a choker in playoff games. That was pre-Mahomes. Mahomes has established himself as the best qb in the entire league and he is accomplishing things that rival the greatest of all time. He has one of the greatest TEs in NFL history in Travis Kelce. Travis is not a traditional route runner. In fact, he free lances all the time and Mahomes is good enough to recognize it and adjust. No claims of "running the wrong routes" w/this duo. The injuries to the KC's receivers is a concern right now. Defensively, Chris Jones is a terror on the DL. Guys like Frank Clarke and Carlos Dunlop help. They have a lot of rookies in the defensive backfield, but they've been playing well.

Unlike KC, Philly is led by a HC and QB who don't have a long resume of success. They are newcomers to the big time. After a dreadful opening PC when he was hired a few years ago, Nick Sirianni has proven himself to be a very good HC. Jalen Hurts was benched in college and had to transfer. Almost no one gave him a chance to even be a starter in this league, yet he was a MVP front-runner until he was injured late in the season. Philly has weapons in D. Smith, AJ Brown, D. Goedert, M. Sanders, etc. They have the very best OL in football. Their DL recorded the most sacks in the NFL since 1985. Their starting Corners are perhaps the league's best duo and Chauncy Gardner Johnson is a very good safety. In short, Philly is loaded w/talent.

I think Philly has the better all around team, but there is something to having been there and done that before and something to have never been there. Should be fun to watch it play out.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 01/31/23 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
No claims of "running the wrong routes" w/this duo.

And you were doing so well....
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 01/31/23 05:16 PM
It all comes down to KC’s ability to stop the run and their OL ability to keep Mahomes upright. I think Philly is the better team, but Mahomes is the X factor of course
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 01/31/23 05:29 PM
KC has really upgraded their OL since that debacle against Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl. They aren't as good as Philly's OL, but they are one of the better units in the league.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 01/31/23 07:50 PM
I think this could be a great game. I like Philly because they have a better defence, but with Mahomes and Kelce, all bets are off. Could be a memorable game (could be a dud, too).

Edit: I’d be fine with either team winning, I just hope it’s entertaining.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 01/31/23 11:26 PM
I hate saying this, but it's JMO, KC will get beat badly....
Posted By: bonefish Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/01/23 12:11 PM
I am expecting a good game.

The Eagles have been very good all year. Really a good team. They are balanced and play well in all areas.

It is to bad that the championship game against the 49'ers was a cakewalk. I would have liked to see the 49 er's at full strength.

I have enormous respect for Reid and Mahomes. I love their offense.

I can not them losing this game. Certainly the Eagles are good enough to beat them. But I just can't see KC losing.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/01/23 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Damanshot
I think there’s a better chance of Philly winning by a lot than KC winning by a lot
Posted By: Hammer Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/01/23 01:56 PM
Fly Eagles, Fly...
Posted By: FATE Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/01/23 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I think there’s a better chance of Philly winning by a lot than KC winning by a lot

As long as they don't get punched in the face early. They've been down by more than 10 for a total of 7 minutes all season. I suspect Reid will come out playing like his team is down 14 and see if this defense can play from behind. Trick plays, going on 4th; we'll se that early from KC.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/02/23 02:15 AM
I agree... I thin k eagles still win, but if Purdy doesn't get hurt I think it's a hell of a NFC championship...
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/02/23 03:51 PM
Iggles. Not a blowout, but convincing.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/02/23 07:52 PM
I’m just watching for the commercials and the half time show until the Browns make it in.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/06/23 03:48 PM
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/07/23 09:15 PM
KC vs Philly

<snip> They have the very best OL in football. Their DL recorded the most sacks in the NFL since 1985.

AKA, How to build a Super Bowl Team.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/07/23 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
I’m just watching for the commercials and the half time show until the Browns make it in.

I've been doing the same for 49 years. cry
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/07/23 10:45 PM
Skipping the halftime show. People magazine.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/07/23 10:50 PM
Seeing the title of this thread made me do the math and see that Tom Brady has won 12.5% of all Superbowls played.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/08/23 12:17 AM
TV guys were showing plays of the eagles vs 49'ers.

The front four of the eagles were really rushing the passer.

I don't really know KC that well to know their OL, but they better be good.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/08/23 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
Skipping the halftime show. People magazine.

I always give it a shot, but over the last several years I end up having to turn it off because I don't want my kids watching it... or because the music just isn't my style...
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/08/23 02:14 AM
j/c -

The last time I watched a SB halftime show was the first one after The Return. I hadn't watched any NFL from '96-'98 for obvious reasons, so I was curious. It was Phil Collins and some other people.

Awful. Terrible. They all are.

The only saving grace was that my lady friend had made some ham pinwheels and avocado quesadillas for the event. Plus, I was still drinking back then.

Without outstanding food and booze, I'm not sure what the point of the halftime thing is anyway.

I have a feeling that if the Browns make it there in my lifetime, karma will somehow give me a coronary at about 1:15 left in the 2nd. And there will be a dynamite band with pretty go-go dancers ready to take the stage at halftime a few minutes later.

Why am I so bored this time of year?
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/08/23 03:47 AM
The best qb’s that Philly played against were Aaron Rodgers, Kyler Muarray and Dak. Granted, they beat them all but they looked human in doing so. They haven’t faced a qb in Mahome’s league nor an offense as good as KC. On the flip side, KC hasn’t faced a Defense nearly as good as Philly’s. I’ll take KC with the 1.5.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/08/23 01:46 PM
The Chiefs have one of the league's best offensive lines. They will need to be against the Eagles fierce front four.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/08/23 02:47 PM
j/c:

I usually work on Sunday nights so I took a vacation day to watch the game. I'm just hoping for a really competitive game. I'm thinking the Eagles have the edge but would like to see the Chiefs win it all, just because I love watching Mahomes play. But all-in-all as long as it's a close game? I'm good with whatever team wins.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/08/23 04:12 PM
That front ate up the OL of the 49er's.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/09/23 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by bonefish
That front ate up the OL of the 49er's.

Weren't the 49ers playing backups on the line?
Posted By: bonefish Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/09/23 11:36 AM
I don't know. All I saw was them going backwards fast.

The Eagles have 70 sacks. Nobody even close. KC is second with 55.

Posted By: bonefish Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/09/23 02:09 PM
I am super curious about the game plan of Reid.

He is well aware of the pressure that the Eagles can bring.

I will be looking for a quick attack. Horizontal passing based upon a three step drop. Quick release attacking the first ten yards with counter run plays as well.

You can not play the Eagles with long developing plays. Mahomes can not be expected to run scramble plays hoping to find guys open by extending plays.

I don't think that will work against the Eagles.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/09/23 02:32 PM
The Eagles did struggle against the run quite a bit this year. They also struggled a bit against TEs in the middle of the field. I look for KC to run Pacheco between the tackles a lot. I also see them throwing to Kelce in the middle of the field and passing to McKinnon out of the backfield on swing passes and wheel routes.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/09/23 06:25 PM
I agree.

As the game approaches I am getting into it.

It is a good match-up and should be a good game.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/09/23 07:35 PM
Yeah. On paper this is a very good match-up. Then again, SF vs Philly looked to be a great match-up. You never know what is going to happen, but we have two very good teams in the Super Bowl and it should be a close game.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/09/23 08:24 PM
For me sometimes the Super Bowl is anti-climatic.

Maybe because we have never been in one. But it can feel like because only two remain; I just feel I don't care much.

The 49 er's were crippled and that was sad.

This game intrigues me. I see the Eagles as a really good team top to bottom.

Mahomes is 10-3 in post season play. He is a determined player who elevates the play of others.

So I am into this game.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/09/23 09:29 PM
I usually feel the same way. I don't like the game being played two weeks after the Conference Championship games, but I guess that is just personal preference.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/09/23 10:52 PM
Nothing is pulling me to watch this game, there is nothing that makes it a game you really don't want to miss.
Eh, may watch it, may not, there is paint that needs to dry but I don't think Anything will happen in that final game that will be memorable or even an exhibition of greatness.

That's the point... it's not an exhibition of greatness just another NFL game, I think that all in all, the NFL has really taken a step back from the good old days.
Posted By: bugs Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/10/23 04:27 AM
Originally Posted by bonefish
For me sometimes the Super Bowl is anti-climatic.

Maybe because we have never been in one. But it can feel like because only two remain; I just feel I don't care much.

The 49 er's were crippled and that was sad.

This game intrigues me. I see the Eagles as a really good team top to bottom.

Mahomes is 10-3 in post season play. He is a determined player who elevates the play of others.

So I am into this game.

I like your take on it.

Me, I have always viewed this as the ultimate chess match.

As a team, you are given two weeks to prepare with everyone looking over your shoulder.

Lose and fifty percent of the world could have done better.

Seriously, from a player or coach is there a better way to prove one's self?
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/11/23 01:16 AM
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/12/23 03:15 PM
j/c...

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/12/23 03:31 PM
That's interesting and rather unique. I wonder if Denver's defenses had some success against KC while Fangio was their HC?
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/12/23 05:42 PM
That's interesting and rather unique. I wonder if Denver's defenses had some success against KC while Fangio was their HC?

I agree.. don't think I've seen that before... at the very least, he should have a lot of insight regarding KC since he played them twice a year...
Posted By: FrankZ Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/12/23 05:48 PM
I saw that and wondered if this is unique or just unique we have found out about it. I have thought in the past that teams should look to bolster any area they think is weak coaching wise going into the playoffs/superbowl.

I am not sure how the NFL rules work with something like this though.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/12/23 07:30 PM
Interesting Howie Roseman leaves no stone unturned.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/12/23 09:47 PM
Almost game time
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/12/23 11:50 PM
Philly comes out firing.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 12:41 AM
Good game so far....

also, that national anthem was fantastic!
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 01:08 AM
Lag is bad.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 01:24 AM
eagles look good... Mahomes hurt again... second half will be interesting.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 01:30 AM
That stage to kick off the halftime show was pretty sweet... dancing was a bit dumb... I was happy I actually recognized a song of hers smile
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by jaybird
That stage to kick off the halftime show was pretty sweet... dancing was a bit dumb... I was happy I actually recognized a song of hers smile

i didn't care for the halftime show. Not a huge fan of Rihanna. Only song of hers that I recognized was Umbrella. But the set,, wow.. Don't think I've ever seen anything like that at the Superbowl... the way those platforms worked was amazing.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 01:52 AM
Who are these announcers? People I never heard of before.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:27 AM

i didn't care for the halftime show. Not a huge fan of Rihanna. Only song of hers that I recognized was Umbrella. But the set,, wow.. Don't think I've ever seen anything like that at the Superbowl... the way those platforms worked was amazing.

Agree.. that stage work was amazing... hated most of the dancing... in the end I knew two of her songs smile... thought she was talented, but hated the dancing... but overall thought it was a decent halftime...

Great second half so far... shaping up to be a great finish... Eagles feel like they are dominating but only up 6...
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Who are these announcers? People I never heard of before.

Greg Olsen??? Was a TE in the league for like 13 years... and Kevin Burhardt has been around for around... overall I think they are doing a decent job....
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:41 AM
After that, Mahomes will score, and Philly will deflate. This one is over, Hurts<Mahomes.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:42 AM
Here come the chiefs
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:43 AM
34-27 with an EP to come. You can put this one in the books.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:45 AM
Philly needed to keep Mahomes trying to catch up. I will be amazed if Hurts pulls off the comeback and Mahomes doesn't score again after this.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:47 AM
Mahomes is injured, his weapons are above average but not stellar, and he still gets to and wins a SB.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Mahomes is injured, his weapons are above average but not stellar, and he still gets to and wins a SB.

Dude is incredible....
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:52 AM
Wow!!! Hurts with the answer!!!

Can eagles find some defense?!?!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:52 AM
I can't believe Philly just tied it up again.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:52 AM
Let's not forget it's also Andy Reids scheme too.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:53 AM
I can't believe Philly just tied it up again.

I was surprised they ran the QB run on that 2-pt conversion... thought for sure he was going to be short...

This second half has been wild!
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:53 AM
Wut.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:54 AM
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper

No kidding... their last two TDs were the same play but was an amazing play call both times! totally fooled the defense...
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:54 AM
My tv must be on massive delay.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:55 AM

Oh, no doubt. But I've never seen him play a snap.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:58 AM
Wow, what a pop! That chiefs runner looked like he folded in half on that. Put me in mind of one of those Ballistic gelatin torsos.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:01 AM
Egales defense has no answer this half
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:02 AM
Reid needs to manage this clock and leave them NO time.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:03 AM
Mahomes should be the highest-paid QB in the league. After the remaining few older, very good QBs are gone over the next couple of years, I don't think another QB comes close to his skill in the newer guys.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:07 AM
Crap call
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:13 AM
What a horrible way to end an amazing game...
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:14 AM
Anybody thinks that the Browns can challenge the Chiefs or Bengals
For a SB appearance is dreaming
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:14 AM
I thought the call was good, but barely. They should have let it slide, but that's the way it happened.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:15 AM
Anybody thinks that the Browns can challenge the Chiefs or Bengals
For a SB appearance is dreaming

If we can't dominate Cinci with DW, I'm done. We dominated them with BAKER!
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:17 AM
Refs turned that into a BS game. Let them play all game then call that BS. Eagle fan should be more than pissed. Diabolical.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:20 AM
Ruined a great Super Bowl on a garbage call. And I had no horse in the race. The NFL needs to do something about this officiating bs. Unreal how pathetic this game was ruined by that call.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:20 AM
They were never going to beat Mahomes anyway. Anybody with eyes could see he was on a mission.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
Ruined a great Super Bowl on a garbage call. And I had no horse in the race. The NFL needs to do something about this officiating bs. Unreal how pathetic this game was ruined by that call.

Absolutely... horrible call to give KC the win...

They could have won without the refs help... but would have been nice to see it actually play out... horrible ending...
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:21 AM
That was a really good Super Bowl! I'm surprised KC won, congratulations to them, they beat a great team.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:22 AM
They were never going to beat Mahomes anyway. Anybody with eyes could see he was on a mission.

Dunno... min left down by three.. Eagles could have won... but who knows...

ultimately if Hurts doesn't fumble and they can finish drives in the second half the Eagles should have won easily... hats off to the chiefs, but that's a horrible ending
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:22 AM
Congrats KC!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:31 AM
Boy, the off-season banter about the Chiefs being in rebuild really stuck in Kelce's crawl.
Posted By: Squires Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:34 AM
Good game up until the last 2 minutes.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:37 AM
Man, Andy Reid is only 64. For some reason, I thought he was about 70. He's not going anywhere with Mahomes there. I wouldn't. He might retire with 4-5 SBs by sticking around.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:39 AM
Man, Andy Reid is only 64. For some reason, I thought he was about 70. He's not going anywhere with Mahomes there. I wouldn't. He might retire with 4-5 SBs by sticking around.

I agree... there's no way I'd retire until Mahomes was done... dude can keep banking with the best player in the NFL...
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:42 AM

I agree... there's no way I'd retire until Mahomes was done... dude can keep banking with the best player in the NFL...

Yep. Unless health forces him, he's not going anywhere. I can't get over his age. I've had him beyond time to retire in my mind for at least a couple of years. Smh.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 05:48 AM
Great game, I wanted a close one. I thought the late holding call on Philly was greasy, but I also thought the eagles got a break with that overturned call on the fumble. It looked like a legit football move to me.

It’s a shame that penalties affect the outcome so much.

But still it was a fun game to watch. I went out to a SB party and the food was delicious. Burgers on the BBQ, donair dip, wicked bacon-wrapped scallops. An enjoyable evening.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 11:44 AM
Great Superbowl Sunday! Great game and party. Philly had a defensive collapse second only to the Falcons. I don't think the penalty was cheesy. You're taking that chance when you grab a receiver's jersey. Accept the consequences. But wow, the Philly fans are ready to riot. We did a surf and turf with crab legs, some nice siroin steaks that I got a great deal on and a friend unexpectedly brought over pot of some delicious jambalaya.

Oh....and that Breaking Bad commercial was hilarious.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 11:46 AM
Enjoyable game.

One of the very few that I got right. Going in I thought the Eagles were the better overall team. However, I just felt Reid and Mahomes would not lose.

Mahomes is one of those guys who truly elevates the play of the other players. Once they took their first lead. I was confident.

Up until then it really felt like the Eagles would win.

We have never been in the Super Bowl. But if we do get there. You must win. It would seem like it was all wasted to not win.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 01:29 PM

Well Mahomes would have been on the sidelines - they would have had to kick a FG from 20+ yards away to take a 3 point lead and there would have been 1:50 or so on the clock. Hurts had a great game - and could easily have driven to FG position. A reasonable chance they get a TD.

But none of that changes the fact the Refs inserted themselves into the game and ruined the game. Period. You can debate whether technically it was a hold. But the reality is you can in theory call holding on any given play - but that's not how you decide games. The rest of the game that sort of play had been uncalled - rightly so - and to suddenly call that was just wrong. Hey - I'm neutral, and enjoyed what was otherwise a great game. But damn if that doesn't piss me off. Can't imagine how frustrated Philly Fan must be.
Posted By: hitt Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 01:42 PM
KC got beat three times- not perfect like the Fish. Saying that, Reid and Mahomes are a hell of a combo- Andy's play calling in the red zone sure smoked the D. Good game- not a blowout. I'm very surprised with so few sacks. Next year. Go Browns!!!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 01:46 PM
KC and Mahomes are so resilient and good. Refs helped, but their second half was championship level
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 01:51 PM
Screen shot of the holding call:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Video of the play, you can view it best around the 1:36 mark:

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 01:57 PM
Excellent game by two excellent teams. I do not like all the hype that occurs in the two weeks preceding the Super Bowl, so it was nice to watch such a competitive contest. Some thoughts:

--The two o-lines were outstanding. One of the biggest issues coming into the game was whether or not KC could protect an injured Mahomes. Philly had 70 sacks this year, which is the most since the Da Bears in 1985. Their front four had an incredible 60 of those sacks. KC's OL did a great job. So did Philly's OL. They pretty much dominated KC's DL.

--I thought both coaches did an excellent job. I do think Reid should have went for it on 4th down early in the game rather than attempting the FG that was missed. But, it was a well-coached game w/some nice play designs.

--I do think Philly should have run a bit more, but it's hard to argue w/them scoring 35 points.

--Bolton for KC had a fabulous game.

--The call at the end was disappointing, but it was the right call. Bradberry himself admitted that he held JuJu. The ball was thrown to a spot and he was unable to get there due to the hold. I wish it would not have been called because it removed a lot of the drama from the game, but it was the correct call.

--I was pleasantly surprised by how great Hurts played. It was his first time on this type of stage and was spectacular. He plays w/a calmness about him. And to think that most people [me included] thought he had no chance of becoming a starting qb while he was in college.

--Mahomes re-established himself as the league's best qb after being challenged by Allen and Burrow earlier this year. Mahomes is a magician. He reads defenses pre-snap so well. He was calling out coverages. He's also a great leader. One thing that doesn't get talked about too much is his toughness. Dude sucked it up yet again.

--Kelce is a marvelous TE. He gets a ton of pub, but I think he is still underrated. All the talk after Hill was traded was about who would Mahomes throw to. Never forget about Kelce.

--Jason Kelce had a great game, too. He's really strong and athletic. He plays w/great leverage. Can you imagine just how tough the Kelce brothers were back in their neighborhood as kids in Cleveland Heights?

--Congrats to both teams. No losers here. Just two outstanding teams that performed at very high levels.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 01:59 PM
'I was hoping they would let it slide': Eagles cornerback James Bradberry ADMITS holding JuJu Smith-Schuster in a moment that led the Chiefs to Super Bowl glory - despite the call being SLAMMED by analysts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/n...th-Schuster-vital-Super-Bowl-moment.html
Posted By: bonefish Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:00 PM
Reid has to be fun to play for.

What they did near the goal line was something. His use of motion and deception is really something.

Reid schemed two plays where a guy was all alone.

Miami traded five draft picks to the Kansas City Chiefs for Hill: a first-rounder, a second-rounder, two fourths and a sixth.

The Chiefs will reload.

In order to beat the Chiefs in the years to come. A team has to figure a way to beat them. The Eagles are a great team and could not beat them. They had a great defense 70 sacks.

I knew Reid was going to time his offense to like 2.5 seconds. They nullified the Eagles rush. The Eagles scored 35 and still lost with a great defense.

The Browns have to have an offense to match to beat them. It is interesting that the Chiefs traded their number one receiver and it made no difference.

The Chiefs 2022 regular season stats:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/kc/season/2022/seasontype/2

Kelce - 1338 yards
Shuster - 933
Scantling - 687

Rushing:

Pacheco - 830 yard
Mahomes - 358
Edwards- Helaire - 302

Mahomes - 5,250 yards. 41 TD's 12 int's

Mahomes carried the offense. Looking at those numbers it is not like the Browns can not match those offensive numbers. Obviously, DW has to deliver.

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 02:13 PM
Bolton was tremendous. The defensive MVP for sure
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:31 PM
j/c:

Interesting.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 03:45 PM
ummm base salary doesnt really mean much.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 04:15 PM
I was very happy to see a great SB! It was good to see Bradberry owned up to the hold. It was hard to see the actual early jersey grab by the repaly shown on TV. Then once the announcers jumped on the "they should have let it go" bandwagon everyone bought into it.

For me it was just too close to call a winner before the game. I thought Philly had the better all around team but there is no discounting Reid/Mahomes under almost any circumstances. At the time when Mahomes reinjured that ankle I was worried how the second half would play out. Luckily it wasn't severe enough to hamper his abilities.

Both OL's played like fire.

I love to watch Mahomes play and Andy Reid is arguably one of the top three HC's in the NFL at the current time. Rooting for KC would have been my natural position in this game. But Hurts too is a great young talent. He played one helluva game. Their coach Nick Sirianni has also done a fantastic job with only having two years as a HC under his belt. So that too would have made me happy to see and I would not have been disappointed.

It was rather odd watching a SB not having a favorite to root for. It actually surprised me that I wasn't rooting hard for KC. The only sad part of this SB is that somebody had to walk away as the loser of the game.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 06:49 PM

I thought the halftime show was just so-so; not too good, not too bad. I like it best when the fans are out on the field, closer to the performers. More energy.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 08:13 PM
j/c

Something I had not known until I ran across it today.....

How a brief meeting with Andy Reid changed Nick Sirianni’s life

PHOENIX — The day before Nick Sirianni flew with his team to Arizona for Super Bowl LVII, he was asked about his first encounter with Andy Reid.

You know, the time Andy fired him.

Back in 2013 after the Eagles fired Reid, he quickly got a job in Kansas City and had the difficult task of firing the the coaching staff led by Romeo Crennel that led the Chiefs to a 2-14 record in 2012.

The Chiefs’ receivers coach that year? Sirianni.

“What I appreciated was that he brought everybody in and talked to them,” Sirianni remembered on Saturday. “Unfortunately, it was the same thing I had to do (when I was hired by the Eagles in 2021).

“I didn’t coach with Andy but he gave me a good example of what do, unfortunately, of the hard part of the job of, ‘Hey, I got a guy here.’ And he was very complimentary. He knew I would be down so he gave me strength when I was down. And I appreciated that. And it sounds like that’s who he is as a person and as a coach.”

The guy Reid had lined up to coach receivers was David Culley, who held that position in Philly with Reid for all 14 seasons. So there just wasn’t a job for Sirianni.

But things obviously worked out for Sirianni. If he doesn’t get fired in Kansas City, he doesn’t end up in San Diego the following season. That’s where he met one of his biggest mentors in Frank Reich. That relationship led to the offensive coordinator job under Reich in Indianapolis.

And that led to Sirianni’s being named the head coach in Philly at age 39, just eight years after Reid fired him.

Sirianni believes everything happened for a reason.

“Did I want to leave Kansas City? No,” he said. “My future wife was from there and we were engaged at the time. But she was from there. She had a nice teaching job there, she had all her friends there, here mom and dad were a half hour down the road. Of course I didn’t want to leave there. But when I look at it, God’s always put me in great positions and guided my path. I know I don’t say stuff like that all the time, but I know he has.”

That doesn’t mean he was just fine with getting let go.

"Do you always have this little chip on your shoulder? Sure, you do," Sirianni said. "You’re always like … but that’s who I am as a coach, as a person. I want to make sure that I’m working my butt off to be as good as I possibly can. And sure you hold on to some of those things but at the end of the day. I told the story about my leg and how I injured my leg. I told some of you guys about that. I really went through that and I was like, hey, if I didn’t go through one of the worst experiences of my life with my life, then I know I wouldn’t be sitting in this seat today. So I had to go through that. Well, it’s the same thing here."

Even understanding how the NFL works, Sirianni was excited the following season when his Chargers played the then-9-1 Chiefs at Arrowhead in Week 12 of the 2013 season. It was an emotion return to KC for a coach who wears his emotions on his sleeve.

The Chargers won that game 41-38 after Philip Rivers hit Seyi Ajirotutu on a 26-yard touchdown with just 24 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter.

Sirianni was up in the booth for that game but he admitted he showed a ton of emotion in the press box, jumping up from his seat after the win. He’s become known for those fiery moments since he got the Philly and since the cameras have been focused on him.

“If I was the head coach, I guess they would have saw that there and people would have been talking about that,” Sirianni said, “that I was on the press box and going crazy like that. They just didn’t see it.”

But Sirianni’s personality is what makes him who he is.

Even though Reid knew that a decade ago. He had already made up his mind that Culley was obviously taking that receivers job on his staff. But Reid was impressed with Sirianni during that meeting.

“I loved his personality,” Reid said to Kansas City media last week. “He’s a guy that you can talk to and communicates well. He’s got a fire to him that you appreciate and the players appreciate. A personality, a good personality, and he’s smart. I had a chance to talk to him and he’s a smart kid. And I think he’s perfect for Philadelphia. That’s a tough place and he’s a tough kid. He relates well with the people there.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...emembers-when-chiefs-andy-reid-fired-him
Posted By: BADdog Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 08:39 PM
The field conditions were a joke for the super bowl.
Get rid of all that paint. Do a logo in the center and leave the grass green.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 09:05 PM
j/c

My thoughts on the game: Excellent game to watch - especially with no real rooting interest for me. Just a good game. Enjoyable.

I'm not a fan of "running the clock down" at the end, as you put the pressure on your kicker. Could've had a t.d., but I know all about that type of thing. hey, it worked, so kudo's for that, and to the kicker.

The 'holding' penalty - maybe a bit ticky tack, but, no one on the eagles complained that I know of. Hate to see a call like that, in THAT game, be a possible deciding factor. But, Hurts fumble cost the eagles also.

Half time - Rhianna's music isn't my cup of tea. But, my choice of music probably isn't most people's cup of tea either, so there's that. It was well done, the production. No complaints from me on that aspect.

Goedert has some hands. 4th downs with the eagles o line and Hurts sneaking? Impressive. Mahomes Mahomed. Pacheco (spelling) runs like he's on fire.

Fun game to watch.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
Screen shot of the holding call:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Video of the play, you can view it best around the 1:36 mark:

As I mentioned in my post - you can probably call a similar hold on 50% of the plays in every single game. You can damn sure call holding on the OL on damn near every single play if you want to.

That call was absolutely not in line with the way the rest of the game was officiated. If I was an Eagles fan I'd be accused of having sour grapes and a sore loser - as it is I'm 100% neutral and thought both teams were magnificent. . . . but that call was BS.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 11:19 PM
I think, WOW, what could have been if Baker Mayfield were in for one of those 2 teams, I think he'd be head and shoulders above the other 2 @bs.
Not exciting. The game wasn't exciting the offenses were drab, I don't feel like either of those teams were far and away better than most NFL teams going away,
In the old days it used to mean something, it used to mean more to even see a team win a super bowl.
but, imagine,

stre
If Baker Mayfield were in there on one of those 2 teams, Mayfield in his first super bowl, well one thing, they'd have to be on a winning streak so the hype train, and the excitement would be at the TOP, palpable, cut it with a knife, and I might have something to root for.
Imagine seeing Baker Mayfield throwing 6 touchdowns in a blowout win super bowl. Now THAT would be epic football. I think.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 11:22 PM
I was really impressed w/some of the post-game interviews. Very classy on both sides.

Bradberry admitted he held JuJu. He said he was hoping the ref would let it slide, but he knew he held him. I think JuJu gets a TD w/out that hold because the ball was thrown to a spot.

Sirianni talked about how one play doesn't lose the game and said something about the Chiefs deserved to win.

Mahomes said he didn't want how well Hurts played to get lost in the loss. He complimented Hurts.

Taking the high road becomes more and more rare as the years pass by. It was nice to see these men handle things w/class.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/13/23 11:35 PM
I thought the Cheifs were robbed yesterday on those bad non calls in the first half.
Well, in contrary wise I'm a fan of EAgle WR AJ Brown and thought +looked for him to do big things, but,
on AJ Browns Touchdown the teams 2nd, he got away with offensive pass interference and a big one.

then, on the ensuing drive, it stalled on another non call of either defensive holding or pass interference on the play JuJu smith Schuster was so upset about, that, ... that would have been another Chiefs scoring drive,
now that's 2 times robbed. but then,

on the Punt, the camera was right there they , the eagle defender, ran into the kicker, ruoughed the kicker, knocked the doink out of the kicker on the punt and that too was a no call,
a foul that should have been called. so that's 3.

It was clear to me, that of them who might fix games, that they were fixing it in favor of the Eagles.
That the favoritism was going the Eagles way.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 01:28 AM
Rihanna sucked(s). I’m not a fan of her music, so I’m somewhat biased, but the whole HT show was boring. Half the women at the SB party spent most of it discussing how far along she was, I was hoping Chris Brown would show up just for some entertainment value.

The guys in weird white costumes flitting about in a smorgasbord of choreography? Not my cup of tea either.

Bring back the Stones.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 01:43 AM
Imo, HT shows are most always (if not always) garbage.

Maybe there is something to be said for bringing back the best college marching bands in the country.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Interesting.

From what I saw of him last night, Isiah Pacheco earned a big raise. Hell taking that one hard pop and coming back explosive the next play was worth his base for the year. That was a crazy hard hit. I bet it took a year off his life, lol.
Posted By: RememberMuni Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 12:55 PM
If Andy Reid was the coach, would the Browns have been in the Super Bowl at least once in the last 4 years?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
If Andy Reid was the coach, would the Browns have been in the Super Bowl at least once in the last 4 years?
Probably not, but I think we’d have a better W/L record
Posted By: bonefish Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 03:05 PM
I do not think that that question can be answered.

First thing is we didn't have Mahomes. So, you just as easily ask could Reid have won in KC with BM or JB?

I highly doubt it.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 03:08 PM
Andy Reid is an excellent coach, but he was a HC for 20 years before he won his first Super Bowl w/a team led by the league's best qb.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Rihanna sucked(s). I’m not a fan of her music, so I’m somewhat biased, but the whole HT show was boring. Half the women at the SB party spent most of it discussing how far along she was, I was hoping Chris Brown would show up just for some entertainment value.

The guys in weird white costumes flitting about in a smorgasbord of choreography? Not my cup of tea either.

Bring back the Stones.
Rihanna is a very lazy artist. Hasn't released anything in
6 years time. Has she ever done a proper world tour ever?
Her voice is very thin and lacks any kind of emotion
Or range. What a uninspired performance
She looked like the Kool Aid guy
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 05:18 PM
If Andy Reid was the Browns coach, from the time he was released from Philly, the Browns would have Mahomes and Super Bowl win(s).

Andy traded up to get in front of the Browns for Mahommes.
Posted By: hitt Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 05:59 PM
Yah! She's a no talent Caribbean immigrant worth over a BILLION in real money/ not Trump money. I dislike her style of music and the constant gyrations of pelvic area thought to be "classy and artistic"- watch porn if you want to see some real action. Coaching and players equal SB win- Brady/ Belichick, Reed/ Mahomes come to mind- it ain't one without the other.

My biggest beef about Super Bowl- I want to watch the best football- all else is just fluff. The grass field SUCKED- everyone saw the players slipping- yeah, it was the same for both teams....bah, bah, bah- make sure the FEILD is in great shape- the PRODUCT is football and NFL failed by screwing the field up. Tell THE GUY to get it fixed.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 06:12 PM
John Dorsey drafted Mahomes. Not Reed.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 06:14 PM
Actually it was Dorsey who made that move.

I don't think these types of questions can be answered.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 06:53 PM
--The call at the end was disappointing, but it was the right call. Bradberry himself admitted that he held JuJu. The ball was thrown to a spot and he was unable to get there due to the hold. I wish it would not have been called because it removed a lot of the drama from the game, but it was the correct call.

It was the correct call. Like you said, if Bradberry is admitting, who is anyone else to argue the call?

There is a lot of talk about this call deciding the game. I get it, a great game comes down to a penalty. But the refs still need to call the game. When we get inside the 2 minute warning of the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl, would we prefer it to be a free-for-all? That hold affected the play, so it was absolutely the right call.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 07:15 PM
Everybody knows if you get caught grabbing a hand full of jersey you going to be called for it. All the bluster to the contrary is nothing but hot air.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/14/23 07:40 PM
j/c:

I moved back to Ohio from Hollywood, California when I was 30. I'm 57 now. Since then I was the official dog walker for my parents. I lived right down the street from them. They have had purebred German Shepherds for the last 40 years or so. (Just one dog at a time though.)

My parents passed away about 3 & 4 years ago. The last dog they had, Gunner # 2, is still alive but not doing too well. He's 13 and has trouble walking. He doesn't have long to go. My younger sister, who lives in Chesterland, has taken care of him ever since we sold my parent's house. He loves it out there.

The Farmer's Dog dog food commercial came on during the Super Bowl and I balled my eyes out. I miss having a dog to walk every day, take to the beach, PetSmart, etc., etc., etc. Miss that love. My apartment is the size of a shoebox and just too small to have a dog. Plus I work a lot, so that is that.

Dogs are the best.

Posted By: jfanent Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/15/23 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Everybody knows if you get caught grabbing a hand full of jersey you going to be called for it. All the bluster to the contrary is nothing but hot air.

Yep, I'm sick of all the whining about that penalty. It doesn't matter if they let it slide earlier (even though this is claimed, I haven't seen evidence of it). You grab a jersey to slow a receiver, you're taking a chance that you'll get called for it. He admitted it and accepted the consequences. Too bad the whiners won't. The refs didn't decide the game.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/15/23 01:16 PM
This seems pretty classless by JuJu.

Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/15/23 02:44 PM
Which should not surprise anyone.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/15/23 04:29 PM
What an asshat.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/15/23 07:02 PM
It's hilarious! rofl
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/16/23 05:56 PM
John Dorsey drafted Mahomes. Not Reed.

I am sure that Reid signed off on that decision.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/16/23 06:00 PM
People on this very board who disliked Dorsey proclaimed it wasn't Dorsey's call at all.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/17/23 03:47 AM
People on this very board who disliked Dorsey proclaimed it wasn't Dorsey's call at all.

I don't know about the Mahomes call.. but I'll forever hate Dorsey for giving us Baker when we could have had Josh Allen...
Posted By: FATE Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/17/23 07:05 AM

I don't know about the Mahomes call.. but I'll forever hate Dorsey for giving us Baker when we could have had Josh Allen...

Yep. I was ridiculed for being on that bandwagon, the skillset and tools spoke for themselves from the beginning. We traded a sky-high ceiling because we thought we had a firmer floor.
Posted By: Hammer Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/17/23 03:20 PM
Let's see - Dorsey fired shortly after the draft but it was his call to draft Mahomes - sure, sure, sure.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/05/patrick-mahomes-andy-reid-brett-veach-scouting-nfl-draft
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/17/23 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Hammer
Let's see - Dorsey fired shortly after the draft but it was his call to draft Mahomes - sure, sure, sure.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/05/patrick-mahomes-andy-reid-brett-veach-scouting-nfl-draft

See....
Posted By: Hammer Re: Super Bowl LVII: KC vs Philly - 02/17/23 04:14 PM
Exactly...
© DawgTalkers.net