DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Bard Dawg New & Improved Pro Bowl? - 02/06/23 01:53 PM
Not sure what is to be made of this new departure/experiment. Personally, I didn't care for the "real" game such as it was and what it had decayed to. But it was an honor as well. I really was surprised that it morphed into this product. Still some payoff for the "winners" and I just wanted to see some discussion and reaction to the spectacle that we cobbled together. rolleyes
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: New & Improved Pro Bowl? - 02/06/23 05:07 PM
About the only thing I saw was the trampoline jump into a mat and catch contest? It was really lame.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: New & Improved Pro Bowl? - 02/06/23 05:19 PM
Only saw clips online. Looked really dumb. Just end the charade if you aren’t going to have a semi-decent game
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New & Improved Pro Bowl? - 02/06/23 05:35 PM
I think what was done is obvious. The Pro bowl hasn't been about being a "semi-decent game" for a very long time. More of a dog and pony show. It's just that now the NFL has decided to own up to that and make it a strictly entertainment production that really isn't about trying to fool anyone into believing the game is about being a competitive sports contest. They are trying to mitigate the danger of injuries and put on a show, not a sports contest.

If you're looking for football the Pro bowl isn't the place to look. If you're looking for laughs and entertainment, depending on your taste, it might be. When you pair up the Manning brothers as opposing coaches, you know it's about entertainment.
Posted By: FloridaFan Re: New & Improved Pro Bowl? - 02/06/23 05:43 PM
They should just make it like the old TV show "Battle Of The Network Stars".
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: New & Improved Pro Bowl? - 02/06/23 07:32 PM
To me that's pretty much what it is now only with a flag football game thrown in at the end.
Posted By: jaybird Re: New & Improved Pro Bowl? - 02/07/23 01:49 AM
The flag football games were fun to watch... the best catch competition was a bit dumb... water balloon toss was dumb... some of the other contests were ok... but overall I did enjoy the flag football more than I thought I would...
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: New & Improved Pro Bowl? - 02/07/23 10:49 PM
Conceptual fail. The Pro Bowl had become pointedly lame. This oddity that was hyped didn't intrigue me in the least. Pass/fail.
Posted By: hitt Re: New & Improved Pro Bowl? - 02/17/23 12:59 AM
How about hot dog eating contest, wheel barrel race, apple bobbing contest-- I'd love to see how many dogs some of those guys could consume. Tom Brady wouldn't eat one- but once a year stupidity, why not?
© DawgTalkers.net