ILB Taiwan Jones
RB Josh Robinson
DT Bennett
DT Richardson
FB Varga
QB B.Bridge

Pick up the value and a couple of fliers. Reap the rewards of the trade downs
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 06:48 PM
What is up with Bennett falling so far? I saw some mocks that had him in the first.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 06:49 PM
Jesse James is a Steeler
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 06:49 PM
Gotta be medical or character at this point
Posted By: Victor_Von_Doom Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 06:50 PM
I say we grab QB Brandon Bridge.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 06:51 PM
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
Middle of the 5th, still left:

CB Ekpre-Olomu (gotta be bad medical)
CB L. Gunter
WR Goodley
WR Titus Davis
TE Rory Anderson
OG Josue Matias (worth a flyer)
C Gallik
C Dismukes
ILB Taiwan Jones
RB Josh Robinson
DT Bennett
DT Richardson
FB Varga
QB B.Bridge

Pick up the value and a couple of fliers. Reap the rewards of the trade downs

I wonder what the heck happened to DT Michael Bennett for the Buckeyes...I was impressed with him, man he dropped to where no one thought...But I would be interested in the C's (Gallik and guy from Auburn..Rees I think) Went happened to G Mathias? Injury? He looked better than Erving on tape at times.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Victor_Von_Doom

A QB in the 6th round pick 22!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 06:53 PM

Why? I would rather grab a position player who has an opportunity to garner some playing time and maybe be that diamond in rough that would be great ...
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 06:54 PM
Another guy I wanted on the Steelers with Jesse James.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 06:55 PM
Some guys I think we would consider in 6/7.

CB Ekpre-Olomu
WR Goodley
QB B.Bridge
OT Rob Crisp
TE Ben Koyack
WR Ricky Collins
FB Michael Burton
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 06:56 PM
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Another guy I wanted on the Steelers with Jesse James.

He was never a big threat at Penn State ...
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 06:57 PM

Hey, we've had so many "bridge" QBs, maybe Bridge with a capital B does the trick, THE Bridge QB tongue
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:01 PM
CB Ekpre-Olomu: Take this kid, before his injury he was the top CB coming out ...
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:04 PM
Hack rarely looked at him when he was on a route, and he had to stay in and pass block alot with their patchwork o-line. He slowed down Bosa pretty well when they faced off. He's versatile and I don't think James Franklin knew how to use him.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:04 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
CB Ekpre-Olomu: Take this kid, before his injury he was the top CB coming out ...

Agreed, put him on IR for a year if he's not healthy enough. He'd be worth the risk
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:06 PM

If it was a simple ACL, sure, but I heard it was multiple ligaments and basically completely shredded his knee. Might be lucky to stick as a UFA. Career could be over.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:08 PM
Originally Posted By: clwb419
Some guys I think we would consider in 6/7.

CB Ekpre-Olomu
WR Goodley
QB B.Bridge
OT Rob Crisp
TE Ben Koyack
WR Ricky Collins
FB Michael Burton

Take Burton off the list, just went to Detroit
Posted By: Dave Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:11 PM
If its about value, you take Michael Bennett, regardless of how many DTs you have. Guy was projected in the 2nd round, pre-draft. Maybe he can play 3-4 DE.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:13 PM
He should hope the Seahawks take him...if he were to screw up, he could just blame it on their other Michael Bennett smile
Posted By: Dave Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:16 PM
Is La'el Collins still out there?
Posted By: Lyuokdea Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:19 PM
I'd much rather trade a few of these 6th round picks for some established veterans. Marcellus Bennett and Michael Floyd are both supposedly on the block. That would fix what we didn't do in getting pass-catchers thus far.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:19 PM
Yes, but his agent says he will not sign and will re-enter the draft next year.

Too much money...

I would not be surprised if someone took a FA flyer or a 7th on him.
Posted By: cle23 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:23 PM
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Yes, but his agent says he will not sign and will re-enter the draft next year.

Too much money...

I would not be surprised if someone took a FA flyer or a 7th on him.

If he doesn't get drafted, he can't enter the draft next year. Hope he goes undrafted and we can sign him.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:26 PM
Yes, but he says he won't sign with a team since it's after the 3rd round. He says he'll rejoin the draft next year. I wouldn't draft him, but look hard at him as a UFA. If he doesn't get drafted he can't re-enter the draft. If he does he can sit out and be in next year's draft. Stupid loophole.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:33 PM
Waller, Dezmin Lewis, and Jeff Luc are my guys who are still out there, though I should probably start listing guys I don't want.
Posted By: Kingcob Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:34 PM
Originally Posted By: clwb419

Agreed, put him on IR for a year if he's not healthy enough. He'd be worth the risk

This is my preferred approach to anything after round 3. These 6th rounders are no better than UDFAs. Grab the guys who have fallen due to injuries and hope they get better. It has better odds than a guy with less talent becoming any kind of player in the NFL.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:34 PM
Brian Parker, TE UAlbany another guy might be worth a flyer.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:36 PM
There goes Bennett to the Jags.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:39 PM
They got a heck of a value there.
Posted By: Dave Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:39 PM
I wonder if the 'Skins go with Collins? I heard they're trying to reprise the Hawgs.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
I wonder if the 'Skins go with Collins? I heard they're trying to reprise the Hawgs.

I thought that was what we were doing.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:45 PM
5 more picks till people can complain about who we take in the 6th, and explain why they won't start and be a huge impact this year ..... crazy
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:49 PM
Guys just home...is FB Jalston Fowler still available?
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:49 PM
Evan Spencer to the 'Skins. Good for him.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:50 PM
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
Guys just home...is FB Jalston Fowler still available?

Nope, he's a Titan.
Posted By: vadawgfan07 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:51 PM
It seems Tre McBride is still available. I thought he was projected higher than the 6th round.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:53 PM
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
It seems Tre McBride is still available. I thought he was projected higher than the 6th round.

He could be a big value pick.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:54 PM
CB Charles Gaines.

I thought we might go DB. I don;t think that it's a Pettine draft without a CB. wink
Posted By: irishdawg1982 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:55 PM
charles gaines cb, busters replacement
Posted By: Dave Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:55 PM
CB, Charles Gaines, Louisville.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:55 PM
Another CB Gaines from Louisville
Posted By: DonCoyote Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:56 PM
I was reading up on this guy a little bit ago, had a feeling he was on our radar.

I Was thinking Skrine 2.0. Never liked Buster as a starter, but a 6th rounder...whatever.
Posted By: drobs Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:57 PM
Gaines is the new Buster Skrine - welcome to the Browns dude
Posted By: drobs Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:58 PM
I actually think Gaines compares well to the Honey Badger now at Arizona. Makes plays. That's football.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:58 PM
Defense will be much improved ...
Posted By: wojo_dew Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 07:59 PM
hopefully Tramon Williams or Justin Gilbert is Skreen's replacement...I think we'd all be better off if this guy gets stuck on the bench b/c guys ahead of him are too good
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:06 PM
Buffalo just picked the 1st team All-American tight end one pick before our NINTH pick of the draft. Are you kidding me? Well, at least we've got Housler.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:07 PM
There is our new TE ...
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:08 PM
Oh goodie goodie. He's 6'2" 235. So basically Greg Little size. Brilliant.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:09 PM
You guys act like you miss Greg Little ... superconfused
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:09 PM
There is our new TE ...

Browns list him as a FB.

FB Malcolm Johnson Mississippi State
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:10 PM
Farmer really doesn't know when to pull the trigger !
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:10 PM
I thought Gilbert and Pierre were to be Skrines replacement? Man we have a lot of CBs and Dlineman...Hoping for a TE
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:11 PM
Flip must have wanted a Marcel Reese clone.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:13 PM
I thought Gilbert and Pierre were to be Skrines replacement? Man we have a lot of CBs and Dlineman...Hoping for a TE

People are really underrating Housler. I think that he is going to be a huge weapon for us this year.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:14 PM
ok well i feel a little better about it if that's the case, but letting O'Leary go in the sixth stings, man... stings.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:14 PM
Going Deep
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:14 PM
There's a TE from USC, Randall Telfer
Posted By: Vambo Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:14 PM
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:15 PM
Ok Now We Have Our New TE RANDALL TELFAR USC ...
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:15 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

People are really underrating Housler. I think that he is going to be a huge weapon for us this year.

I hope your right...because it seems like we have the weakest TE core in the NFL..a lot of solid-good backups just not a threat or stud #1 TE...we shall see
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:16 PM
dang Steelers just got a great player here at 199.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:18 PM
Funny every time Pittsburgh and Baltimore pick they just drafted another All-Pro while all our picks are trash ... superconfused
Posted By: dawgpound19 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:19 PM
We could have drafted the #1 TE but instead drafted a TE in the 6th round that had 2 TDs last year... he must be one hell of a blocker! smh I don't get it, might as well draft another DL/DB/LB for special teams/depth than waste a pick.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:20 PM
Funny every time Pittsburgh and Baltimore pick they just drafted another All-Pro while all our picks are trash ... superconfused

That's ridiculous. I made fun of every pick all of the other teams in our division had in the first while saying ours was pretty good. I think every team in our division did well day 2. I just was bummed they got a good player while we're drafting fullbacks and letting all-americans go right in front of us.
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:21 PM
I couldn't disagree more, I don't see the Steelers and Ravens grabbing living legends. I think you're pre-conditioned to view it that way, unfortunately.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:22 PM

Trash is exactly what I would call it.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:24 PM

wow. talk about a negative nancy.
Posted By: FATE Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:24 PM

Housler seems to think so as well...

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...ba-f7f1a99b557c

Quote:
Offensive coordinator John DeFilippo communicated to Housler that he wants to line up receivers, running backs and tight ends all over the field, something that suits Housler’s playing style. Housler said DeFilippo was adamant about bringing out the strengths of all of his players on offense.

“I like to be able to stretch the defense,” Housler said. “It will help the guys on the outside. If you can have a tight end that can threaten the safeties down the middle, then it opens up guys on the outside.

“And if you’ve got guys on the outside, like Cleveland does, that can really stretch the field, then it opens up the middle. I’ll bring balance to the passing game and an element to the run game. That’s what I can bring to this team.”

While recalling his four seasons with the Arizona Cardinals, Housler agreed his former team maybe could’ve used him as more of a vertical threat. The former third-round pick out of Florida Atlantic amassed 168 targets in Arizona, but was rarely utilized in the red zone. The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Housler totaled only one touchdown.

“If you have the targets, then you can have the stats,” Housler said. “Without trying to spitball any numbers or anything, there is that opportunity here. I think with Flip’s offense, he’s going to spread it around. I saw that chance to be here and make an impact.”
Posted By: drobs Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:25 PM
Guys on the NFL network love the Browns draft. Still, what do they know....

In all honesty we won't know anything till September, and then won't TRULY know anything till December.

You either trust that Farmer, Pettine and co know what they are doing or you do not. Either way it's cool. I've always been a glass half full kind of guy and I raise mine now to the Browns next season smile
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:26 PM
Originally Posted By: dawgpound19
We could have drafted the #1 TE but instead drafted a TE in the 6th round that had 2 TDs last year... he must be one hell of a blocker! smh I don't get it, might as well draft another DL/DB/LB for special teams/depth than waste a pick.

Everyone is whining about them not drafting a TE, then they draft two, and the whining continues. Reading through all of the complaining is so exhausting. Can't some of you guys give these players a chance before throwing fits?
Posted By: slick Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:28 PM
I am at the movies to see avengers lol how we doing ? When is the suplemental draft?
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:29 PM
The USC TE we grabbed I recall having a lot of positive buzz coming from scouts...Trying to remember what it stemmed from
Posted By: drobs Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Lemmys_Wart

Everyone is whining about them not drafting a TE, then they draft two, and the whining continues. Reading through all of the complasining is so exhausting. Can't some of you guys give these players a chance before throwing fits?

I'm quoting you not only because I agree with a lot of your views but because of your nick - Motorhead rock, best. live. band. ever. As you were.... laugh
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:29 PM
I saw Avengers yesterday, 'twas excellent. Enjoy.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:32 PM

Everyone is whining about them not drafting a TE, then they draft two, and the whining continues. Reading through all of the complaining is so exhausting. Can't some of you guys give these players a chance before throwing fits?

It's why I don't pay much attention to the fanboys. They can't help it....they just don't understand.

This has been a great draft. I close it by tossing the dice and draft Collins.
Posted By: slick Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:32 PM
Thank you sir! Better than the first?
Posted By: Vambo Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:33 PM
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:33 PM
LOL!!!!!!!! NFL.com has no info on the first dud TE picked and you have a 2011 highlight reel for the second?
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:34 PM
Originally Posted By: drobs

Everyone is whining about them not drafting a TE, then they draft two, and the whining continues. Reading through all of the complasining is so exhausting. Can't some of you guys give these players a chance before throwing fits?

I'm quoting you not only because I agree with a lot of your views but because of your nick - Motorhead rock, best. live. band. ever. As you were.... laugh

HAHA! "We are Motorhead, and we play rock and roll." I always enjoy meeting other Motorhead fans.
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:36 PM
Originally Posted By: slick
Thank you sir! Better than the first?

Ooooh, not sure of that. Better than the second, though.
Posted By: drobs Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

It's why I don't pay much attention to the fanboys. They can't help it....they just don't understand.

This has been a great draft. I close it by tossing the dice and draft Collins.

I'm with you my friend - apologies for the familiarity smile Very good, solid draft - improvements, depth. Let's see how it pans out and enjoy it - ain't that the whole point of all of this (life, sports, the universe....) laugh
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:39 PM
Nice video on that USC TE we got.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:41 PM
Damn I wanted Andy Gallik...good value for Tennessee there.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:44 PM
Seattle took my Obum Gwacham frown
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:44 PM
Lmao announcers critiquing a centers vertical.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Vambo

And here's the guy we let get drafted one pick ahead of us because we just had to draft this guy we hope can beat out last year's #8 overall pick and 4th rounder for the 4th corner spot.

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Seattle took my Obum Gwacham frown

Sounds painful.
Posted By: BigWillieStyle Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:00 PM
I am beyond stunned that we will end up drafting 12 players.....stunned. We entered this draft with 10 picks, and I figured we would leave with 6/7 players. To end up with 12 lets me know that these guys weren't happy with our depth last season, and a lot of guys at the bottom of the roster need to worry about their roster spot.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:04 PM
My guess Conner Halliday
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:07 PM
we love the west coast
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:07 PM
Pullard is easily our best pick of the day. Shouldn't have made it to the 6th.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:07 PM
lol i think cfrs is running our draft. Next pick will be Bunche or McCarthy.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:08 PM
Originally Posted By: BigWillieStyle
I am beyond stunned that we will end up drafting 12 players.....stunned. We entered this draft with 10 picks, and I figured we would leave with 6/7 players. To end up with 12 lets me know that these guys weren't happy with our depth last season, and a lot of guys at the bottom of the roster need to worry about their roster spot.

Yeah, I figured that we would trade back up into the 5th, and then maybe kept one of out 6th rounders and called it a day.

Round 7: 219 overall: Hayes Pullard, ILB USC
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:10 PM
Pullard is a midget ILB.
They should change this team's nickname to The Cleveland Midgets. We have plenty! Come see, one and all!
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:12 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Pullard is a midget ILB.
They should change this team's nickname to The Cleveland Midgets. We have plenty! Come see, one and all!

How tall was Eddie Johnson?
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:12 PM
K.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:13 PM
How many picks do we have in the 7th
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:13 PM
Pullard is a midget ILB.

What's an Eddie Johnson?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:13 PM
Pullard is a midget ILB.

What's an Eddie Johnson?

That explains a whole lot.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:14 PM
I actually think Farmer did a very good job getting UDFAs last year, so I think there is a lot of roster churn coming on the bottom side.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:15 PM
1 Great ILB may he RIP ... tsktsk
Posted By: drobs Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:15 PM
Pullard is a midget ILB.

Are you drunk lol
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:17 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I actually think Farmer did a very good job getting UDFAs last year, so I think there is a lot of roster churn coming on the bottom side.

With 12 drafted players I doubt that we will see as many UDFA this training camp, but he will probably concentrate on a few, maybe 10 or so, UDFA who really interest him the most.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:19 PM
Pullard is a midget ILB.

What's an Eddie Johnson?

That explains a whole lot.

Wholly cow !
Posted By: BigWillieStyle Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:24 PM
Ytown, I am thinking about how this draft unfolded, and imo it appears the Browns wanted to retool their depth. I mean after the past two years (with both drafts/UDFA's brought in) this is really Farmer/Pettine's team now. There are going to be very few holdovers from the the H/H and LomBanner regimes.

I also imagine that guys like Taylor, Wynn, and a couple of others will be allowed to walk after next year as well. I guess I went into the draft thinking the bottom of the roster was in better shape than it had been, and we needed top end guys. I think the Browns decided the bottom of the roster needed to be overhauled and we needed more competition on special teams. Interesting.
Posted By: Dave Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:27 PM
Quote:
What's an Eddie Johnson?

And you call yourself SuperBrown ... child, please.
Posted By: PresidentDawg2 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:27 PM
I know it won't happen but at this point I'd take La'el Collins. We've already drafted 11 guys. No way they all make the roster. Take a chance on Collins that he had no involvement and convince him to sign the rookie deal but if everything pans out offer him a higher contract next season to make up for the low compensation his rookie year
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:33 PM
There's one vote for Collins. I agree that he is worth a shot. Any other names people think we should consider?
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:36 PM
Jeff Luc, Dezmin Lewis, Lambo.

Not Collins. He can sit and re-enter next years draft if picked this year. If not picked he'll just be a free agent and can't enter next years draft. Try to sign him as a UFA.
Posted By: Dave Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:38 PM
There's one vote for Collins. I agree that he is worth a shot. Any other names people think we should consider?

I'd be good with it. If not, get a PK.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:40 PM
Tre McBride
Wes Saxton
Conner Halliday

I would have not problem about drafting Collins and giving him a first round contract, but I think the CBA prevents this.

I think it will be a free for all in a few days if he is cleared.
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:42 PM
The green beret, help him realize his dream. At this point in the draft, why not?
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:44 PM
@ 241, did anybody mention Brandon Bridge, QB?
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:48 PM
The green beret, help him realize his dream. At this point in the draft, why not?

I'm guessing he might end up Mr. Irrelevant.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:48 PM
Goodley, Worthy, T. Davis, Casey Pierce, Terry Williams, Justin Hamilton, Faysal Shafaat
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:48 PM
Do we take a crack at the best Kicker in the draft @ 241?
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:50 PM
I'm thinking that too, that'd be a cool move.
Posted By: PresidentDawg2 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:53 PM
Steelers got Holliman. Seems like they got great value every round
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:54 PM
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Goodley, Worthy, T. Davis, Casey Pierce, Terry Williams, Justin Hamilton, Faysal Shafaat

You soured on Josue Matias? You were pretty big on him. What's up with him?

Goodley or Gunter are the picks to make here
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:58 PM
Wow, Potentially a horrible final pick, or a great, great value.

I think he's well worth the risk.
Posted By: BatDawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:58 PM

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, at #241, GREAT VALUE. Great pick if he can fully recover and thats worth it in the 7th.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 09:59 PM
Oh yea worth the risk indeed ... thumbsup
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 10:00 PM
Originally Posted By: BatDawg

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, at #241, GREAT VALUE. Great pick if he can fully recover and thats worth it in the 7th.

Yep, great pick at this point. I didn't realize he was still available. Awesome.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 10:02 PM

In the 7th round...absolutely. He severely tore his knee up and we are gambling here...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 10:11 PM
Daniel Jeremiah just shouted out our west coast area scout on the NFLN broadcast. Zac Bocian was worth his salary this year.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 10:14 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Daniel Jeremiah just shouted out our west coast area scout on the NFLN broadcast. Zac Bocian was worth his salary this year.

Let's see how they turn out before throwing him a parade.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown

Let's see how they turn out before throwing him a parade.

I don't know how good they'll be, but we drafted seven Pac-12 guys. That was my only point.
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 10:34 PM
The last pick took way too long to present.
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/02/15 10:47 PM

I don't know how good they'll be, but we drafted seven Pac-12 guys. That was my only point.

That's ol Jimmy Haslam for you. He's secretly planning to move the team to LA and he's just stocking the cupboards with "local" talent.
Posted By: TripleOption Re: Round 6+7 - 05/03/15 12:58 AM
Originally Posted By: GraffZ06

That's ol Jimmy Haslam for you. He's secretly planning to move the team to LA and he's just stocking the cupboards with "local" talent.

I wish you would move to LA smile
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 6+7 - 05/03/15 01:23 AM
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown

You soured on Josue Matias? You were pretty big on him. What's up with him?

Goodley or Gunter are the picks to make here

I love Matias. It seems unrealistic we bring in an OL to me. Doesn't matter anyways, Titans signed him.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Round 6+7 - 05/03/15 05:24 AM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

In the 7th round...absolutely. He severely tore his knee up and we are gambling here...

Reminds me of this guy who i think played at UGA. He played alongside Sean Jones. Jones was our 2nd round pick, and this guy was an UDFA (who was a good player with a major ACL tear or something). He ended up not making the team, and i think that was the extent of his career.

Hope this guy is able to pull it off
Posted By: eotab Re: Round 6+7 - 05/03/15 12:33 PM

banghead The QB taken right after our 6th rounder will end up being a Hall of Famer 4 SB Champion or more!
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 6+7 - 05/03/15 02:59 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab

banghead The QB taken right after our 6th rounder will end up being a Hall of Famer 4 SB Champion or more!

The small school QB I was pimping got picked up by the Falcons. I think he could be the one that got away more than Bridge. I can picture lots of lovely deep balls to Julio Jones in the dome.

I'm not really feeling much regret about missing out on the opportunity to have any of this crop of QBs play for us.

#HesNoTomBrady
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Round 6+7 - 05/03/15 07:20 PM

Pretty sure this is what cfrs was doing Steve.

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/Mwtnt1EbT5Y[/video]
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Round 6+7 - 05/03/15 07:24 PM
Originally Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask

That is not accurate at all. The guys he came back to talk to were the same every time.
Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask Re: Round 6+7 - 05/03/15 07:25 PM
Originally Posted By: ScottPlayersFacemask

That is not accurate at all. The guys he came back to talk to were the same every time.

rofl point taken
© DawgTalkers.net