DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: cfrs15 Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 10:41 PM
QB - Connor Halliday, Blake Sims, Bryan Bennett
RB - Michael Dyer
WR - George Farmer
TE - Wes Saxton
OL - La'el Collins (if cleared of murder)
DL - Ellis McCarthy
LB - Zack Hodges, A.J. Tarpley
CB - Garry Peters, Kevin White, Troy Hill
S - Tevin McDonald
K - All of them
Posted By: Lemmys_Wart Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 10:44 PM
The Seahawks already signed the green beret, that was fast.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 10:45 PM
I hope we have established a connection with Collins, in case he is cleared.
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 10:48 PM
Go get:

WR Goodley
CB Gunter
ILB Taiwan Jones
OG Matias
QB Bridge
FB Varga
WR Devante Davis
DL B.Richardson
a couple of kickers
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 10:50 PM
Can you clarify the title to UFA's you want? So we don't get it confused with guys we've signed?

Guys I like:

QB: Austin Dodge, SOU

HB: John Crockett, NDSU

FB: Jeff Luc (conversion from ILB, special teams value, possible spot thumper)

WR: DeAndre Carter, Sacramento St.
R.J. Harris, New Hampshire
Rasheed Bailey, Delaware Valley
Gavin Lutman. Pitt St.

TE: Brian Parker, UAlbany

NT: Terry Williams, ECU

ILB: Curtis Grant, Ohio St.

RT: Darryl Baldwin, Ohio St.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 10:50 PM
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain

I would think that he would prefer a team where he has a good chance of coming in and starting right away. I don't know how UDFA contracts work, but maybe a team could work out a "per start" bonus that would pay him a little more than his UDFA contract?

Regardless, I doubt that he wants to come in and see Thomas, Schwartz, a fresh 1st rounder in Erving, and a highly though of guy who was injured last year in Bowie.

He should look for a team where he could start right away, and sign a 1 year deal or something.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 10:51 PM
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Can you clarify the title to UFA's you want? So we don't get it confused with guys we've signed?

No.
Posted By: bringbackbernie Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 10:51 PM
Question for anyone who can answer,

Is there a cap on how much these undrafted free agents can be signed for?

Let's say Collins is cleared of any wrong doing. He would obviously be the most sought after undrafted. Could he just go to the highest bidder, essentially making what he would have if he was a first rounder?
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 10:55 PM
Best site or twitter to track these signings?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 10:55 PM
Originally Posted By: bringbackbernie
Question for anyone who can answer,

Let's say Collins is cleared of any wrong doing. He would obviously be the most sought after undrafted. Could he just go to the highest bidder, essentially making what he would have if he was a first rounder?

He would have to fit into the draft pool, I believe.

However, other teams can offer him something we cannot, and that is a clear path to a starting job.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 10:57 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I would think that he would prefer a team where he has a good chance of coming in and starting right away. I don't know how UDFA contracts work, but maybe a team could work out a "per start" bonus that would pay him a little more than his UDFA contract?

Regardless, I doubt that he wants to come in and see Thomas, Schwartz, a fresh 1st rounder in Erving, and a highly though of guy who was injured last year in Bowie.

He should look for a team where he could start right away, and sign a 1 year deal or something.
I can see that, but it doesn't absolutely exclude us. It doesn't hurt to have the connection.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:03 PM
As far as I know, all teams will be limited as to what they can pay him, but I am not sure if they can "bend the rules" with a bonus based upon games started. If they can, then he would be wise to go to a team where he can start right away, and, unfortunately, that's not us. Frankly, he would be wise to do so anyway.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:08 PM
2015 NFL Draft: Best available undrafted free agents - CBSSports.com
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-d...ted-free-agents

Although several players didn't hear their names called in the 2015 NFL Draft, that doesn't mean their NFL dream is over as hundreds of players will sign undrafted contracts. With 256 players drafted, here is a look at this year's top undrafted free agents:

1. La'el Collins, OT, LSU (6-5, 305, 5.12)
A wrecking ball in the run game, Collins isn't always the most controlled, but he sells out to eliminate bodies in his path that are wearing the other color jersey. He needs to show better bend and consistency in pass protection, too often falling off balance with limited range in his kickslide, but there is no question about his 100 percent effort and mean streak. Collins is a first-round talent, but because of his connection with an off-field incident, he is now a free agent and cannot enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

2. B.J. Finney, OC, Kansas State (6-4, 318, 5.25)
Finney almost gave up football when his father (and football coach) passed away from a heart attack in 2004, but he decided to dedicate his play to his dad, which might explain the strong-willed, non-stop effort on every snap. As a former walk-on, he has the toughness, competitive appetite and strong intangibles both on and off the field that NFL coaches covet. Finney has quick feet and gets every ounce of power out of his body, rarely making mistakes, but he also doesn't have a lot of physical traits to get excited about. Nonetheless, he has surpassed expectations at every level he's played and that likely won't stop once he gets to the NFL.

3. Dres Anderson, WR, Utah (6-1, 187)
A prospect that ranks top-five in Utes history in receiving yards (2,077), Anderson is looking to follow in the steps of Flipper Anderson, his father who played 10 years (1988-97) in the NFL. He grew up in a football environment and has a strong understanding of the dedication and work ethic needed to thrive at the next level, but his knee injury kept him from working out prior to the draft and needs medical clearance. Anderson has excellent timed and play speed to stretch the field, showing little hesitation with his acceleration, making him dangerous to defend after the catch, although his unpolished routes and focus could limit his role at the next level.

4. Mike Hull, OT, Penn State (6-0, 237, 4.64)
The next product of “Linebacker U,” Hull emerged as the MVP of the Penn State defense the past two seasons, playing inside and outside. He has excellent diagnose skills to break down the action and attack in the blink of an eye – the type of player that the ballcarrier seems to find every snap. Hull doesn't play with the ideal size/speed/strength traits that NFL teams seek, but he has the football smarts and instinctive talent to stick and start in the league, fitting best as a weakside or middle linebacker and special teams ace.

5. Cody Prewitt, FS, Mississippi (6-2, 208, 4.46)
Prewitt put his name on the national radar after a stand-out junior campaign, becoming the first All-American safety at Ole Miss since 1973 (Harry Harrison). He arrived in Oxford with little experience at the safety position, but made the quick transition and took advantage of the center-field role, using his vantage point to break down the action, dissect route concepts and anticipate where the ball is going to get a jump. Prewitt has a strong SEC résumé with an all-around skill-set to play single-high, but his inconsistent backfield vision and shed technique could keep him from lining up near the line of scrimmage.

6. Alani Fua, OLB, BYU (6-5, 238, 4.58)
A prospect of Tongan descent, Fua lined up mostly at strongside linebacker the last two seasons for BYU and did everything on defense from rushing the passer to lining up and covering slot targets. He sucks up tight ends with the size, speed and agility that cannot be coached, using his range to be an excellent pursuit player. Athleticism and talent aren't problems for Fua, but he does need to add technique and discipline to his play style. He needs to get stronger and add bulk, but there are questions about how much muscle mass he can add to his frame. Fua's best fit at the next level will depend on scheme, but he has the versatility to stand out on special teams while he develops into a specific role on defense.

7. Reese Dismukes, OC, Auburn (6-3, 296, 5.31)
The most decorated offensive lineman in Auburn history, Dismukes earned multiple All-SEC and All-American honors as a four-year starter and was awarded the Rimington Trophy in 2014 as the top center in college football. He isn't physically imposing, but uses snap quickness to win with positioning and a pit bull mentality and also stands out above the neck – rarely fooled with his smarts and sharp-minded play. Dismukes loves football and would probably play for minimum wage, displaying terrific toughness, both physically and mentally, to battle through injuries. His lack of physical tools, including size and strength, might keep him from starting long-term in the NFL, but his football character and hustle will earn him the chance.

8. Kevin White, CB, TCU (5-9, 183, 4.63)
Although often overlooked playing opposite Jason Verrett in TCU's secondary, White put together a strong senior season on tape, including a consistent performance against West Virginia's Kevin White. He is pint-sized for the position and his lack of length shows up quite a bit in coverage, but he has the athletic process to plant, gather and go. Although his size limitations also hinder his ability as a run defender, White's cup is overfilling with confidence and toughness to hold his own as a nickel corner. He will guess wrong at times, but his short-area quickness and sticky cover skills transition well to the NFL level.

9. Kurtis Drummond, FS, Michigan State (6-1, 208, 4.65)
A well-rounded player, Drummond possesses the anticipation and pursuit downhill to close in the ground game while also showing the coordinated body control and ballskills in coverage to make plays in pass defense. But he needs to keep the play in front of him, struggling to consistently turn his back to the ball and maintain his effectiveness. Drummond has traits that project him as a starting quality free safety at the next level, but his instinctive and recovery limitations likely make him a player better suited as a back-up and first safety off the bench.

10. Durell Eskridge, FS, Syracuse (6-3, 208, 4.63)
Best friends with Atlanta Falcons 2014 fourth round running back Devonta Freeman, Eskridge had a tough upbringing and left school early to help his family. He emerged as a promising young player as a sophomore, leading the team in tackles and interceptions, but his junior season was underwhelming with little improvement on the field. Eskridge shows hot/cold breakdown skills in space against the run and although he flashes anticipation vs. the pass, it's not there consistently. There isn't much about his game to get excited about, but he might be able to carve out a NFL career on special teams while his instincts continue to develop.

Others to watch: Josue Matias, OG, Florida State; Titus Davis, WR, Central Michigan; Lynden Trail, DE, Norfolk State; Taiwan Jones, ILB, Michigan State; Jacoby Glenn, CB, UCF
Posted By: IrishDawg42 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:13 PM
As far as I know, all teams will be limited as to what they can pay him, but I am not sure if they can "bend the rules" with a bonus based upon games started. If they can, then he would be wise to go to a team where he can start right away, and, unfortunately, that's not us. Frankly, he would be wise to do so anyway.

They still have to fit under the draft cap guidelines...

Also, no performance or accolade bonuses like Pro Bowl..

The only way to "entice" a UDFA is through signing bonus, although it is EXTREMELY limited as well. For instance, last year each team had just over $80,000 (I put all the zeros to make sure you realized that was Eighty Thousand, I didn't leave off any zeros)...and yes I said per team, not per signing...

So, you can blow the whole wad of just north of $80k to entice Collins, but somehow, I don't think that will do the trick. I think he might eventually realize a year of eligibility towards his first free agent contract is worth more than entering the 2016 draft...Then let the lottery begin for who gets him.

(edit:) I forgot also...all UDFA contracts are for 3 years...very limited in what they can make..
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:14 PM
I believe both Titus Davis and Ricky Collins didn't get drafted?

If so, both should be quickly scooped up by teams, hopefully the Browns get Collins.
Posted By: HewDawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:14 PM

I would try for Collins.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:15 PM
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
Best site or twitter to track these signings?

NFL.com
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:19 PM
if Collins would clear legal matters ... it would be awesome to sign him
Posted By: IrishDawg42 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:23 PM
First player I would be going after is Deontay Greenberry..So raw, but that size is enticing if he is coachable..
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:27 PM
Never heard of any of them except Collins. This thread serves no purpose.
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:32 PM
Cleveland Browns
Travis Lee CB Miles College

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2015-nfl-undrafted-free-agents

A lot of signings already. Nobody seems to want to sign with the Browns tongue
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:33 PM
I'd say it serves as much purpose as anything on this board. Had you ever heard of Kirksey last year? or K'Waun Williams? Or Gipson the year we picked him up?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:34 PM
Wow, then he was stupid to tell teams not to draft him ..... because since he went undrafted he cannot go back into the draft .... but if a team had taken him in the 7th, he could have.

Kinda crazy.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:35 PM
Yea, I've heard of them and all of our opponents aren't staying up late at night worrying about them either.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:43 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Never heard of any of them except Collins. This thread serves no purpose.

Then don't come in here.
Posted By: IrishDawg42 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:47 PM
Along with Travis Lee, the Browns have also signed RB Mark Weisman Iowa
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:48 PM
Browns UFA Signings as reported on Bleacher Report:

David Kruger DT Utah
Jamaine Cook RB Youngstown State
Travis Tannehill TE Kansas State
Aaron Adams OL Eastern Kentucky
Perez Ashford WR Northern Illinois
Josh Aubrey CB Stephen F. Austin
Braxton Cave C Notre Dame
Dominique Croom WR Central Arkansas
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:48 PM
Originally Posted By: IrishDawg42

Who is listed as a FB by cbs, btw
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:49 PM
Umm, those were last year's UDFA...or even two years ago? This was the LomBanner group, easily the worst UDFA crop ever, btw
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:50 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

David Kruger DT Utah

I think that was last year.
Posted By: IrishDawg42 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:54 PM

Yes, he has the size at 6' 240lbs, but he led the Hawkeyes in rushing the past three years, so he isn't a typical FB, he can run...goal line back!!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:56 PM
whoops wasn't paying attention just copied and pasted ... superconfused
Posted By: IrishDawg42 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/02/15 11:56 PM
V.J. Fehoko, ILB, Texas Tech

Connor Halliday, QB, Washington State
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 12:00 AM
A lot of signings already. Nobody seems to want to sign with the Browns

I know you are joking, but other people will complain.

We drafted 12 players, that will lead to less undrafted free agents signing with us.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 12:23 AM
Originally Posted By: bringbackbernie

Link

Quote:
The biggest signing bonus received by a 2014 undrafted free agent was $20,000.

Link
Posted By: Dave Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 12:41 AM

TE Malcolm Johnson, the Browns' 6B pick today, was listed as a FB by CBS Sports too.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 12:58 AM
Supposedly picked up Kyle Prater WR, Northwestern who was previously at USC. He's intriguing to me. 6'5" 230, former five star recruit who had some injuries.
Posted By: slick Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 01:17 AM
I want that ricky collins kid
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 01:18 AM
Glad we are bringing Marvin Kloss in for a tryout. Best kicker I saw that was draft-eligible. I know literally zero of the other prospects we're bringing in.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 01:19 AM
per Rant Sports

Cleveland Browns

V.J. Fehoko, ILB, Texas Tech
Connor Halliday, QB, Washington State
Travis Lee, CB, Miles College
Kyle Prater, WR, Northwestern
De’Ante Saunders, CB, Tennessee State

Gives the Browns 3 players from Washington State
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 01:21 AM

Cleveland Browns
VJ Fehoko LB Texas Tech
Kyle Prater WR Northwestern
Eric Patterson CB Ball State
Kennenth Penny DB UNLV
De’Ante Saunders CB Tennessee State
London Feichter SAF Purdue
Marvin Kloss K South Florida (Tryout)
Steven Gurolla OL Arizona (Tryout)
Joe Kaleta DL Coastal Carolina (Tryout)
Kevin Haplea TE Florida State (Tryout)
Kevonte Martin-Manley (Tryout)
Braylon Heard RB Kentucky (Tryout)
Travis Lee CB Miles College (Tryout)
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 01:22 AM
Cleveland Browns
VJ Fehoko LB Texas Tech
Kennenth Penny DB UNLV

Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 01:25 AM
Not as intrigued by Prater after watching his highlights. Still a practice squad candidate. Needs to improve his lower body. Almost no YAC. Does have Redzone Jumpball potential.

Austin Dodge picked up by the Falcons.
Posted By: IrishDawg42 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 01:32 AM

Yes, he has the size at 6' 240lbs, but he led the Hawkeyes in rushing the past three years, so he isn't a typical FB, he can run...goal line back!!

It was mis-reported earlier, Weisman actually signed with the Bengals...
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 02:24 AM
Wouldn't mind trying out bamas returner Christian Jones out...I remember against Vtech he was electric (had a kickoff, punt return and receiving TD) he was disappointing last year though
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 02:38 AM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

David Kruger DT Utah

Last year's.
Never mind, Al;ready noted. crazy

Anyway, Oregon State's Dylan Wynn, defensive end: Cleveland Browns

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index....t_story_package

(Listed at the bottom of the article)
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 06:09 AM
Halliday is better than Shaw. He can throw the ball more than three yards without it being taken away by a small gust of wind.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 11:17 AM
j/c

Didn't we check out Braxton Cave last year? IIRC, he was in the 2014 draft or am I mistaken...
Posted By: eotab Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 11:43 AM
Collins will not sign with any team...he said so and probably why nobody drafted him (he stated this after the first round was over) he won't sign a UDFA he's going to take the year off and then re-submit in the 2016 draft.

If he is cleared of all wrong doing - the NFL did him wrong for not letting him take his name out of the draft and re-enter in the Supplemental.

Shame.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 12:13 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong,(as if I have to ask LOL) But didn't Collins (thru his agent) say that he won't sign a contract if drafted after Round 2? That he'd just go into the draft next year? And if I'm correct, wouldn't that mean that he wouldn't sign as an UDFA?

I'm thinking you can take him off the list of possibles!
Posted By: IrishDawg42 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 12:21 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
Collins will not sign with any team...he said so and probably why nobody drafted him (he stated this after the first round was over) he won't sign a UDFA he's going to take the year off and then re-submit in the 2016 draft.

If he is cleared of all wrong doing - the NFL did him wrong for not letting him take his name out of the draft and re-enter in the Supplemental.

Shame.

Yes, he made that statement, however, it has since been established that he is not eligible for the 2016 Draft.

Weird twist to the rules, had he been chosen in the draft, that team has one year to hold on to his rights, while the player can refuse to sign a contract, then if after the year, if he hasn't signed, he the team will lose the rights and the player can re-submit for the following year draft.

However, if he is not drafted, he becomes a free agent, thus deeming him ineligible for any future drafts. He is free to sign with any team.

So by opening his big mouth HE, HIMSELF, cost his contract money...

For the record, the NFL didn't do any of this..If you make yourself eligible, you are eligible. The rules are in place so players don't get a week from the draft, then decide to pull their name when it becomes apparent they are going to go lower than they had hoped when they declared. If the rules weren't in place, players would simply declare, feel out the process and go back to college, costing teams tons of money and irreplaceable time researching players that won't even be available.

It isn't there, just in case the one in a million (maybe lower) that one of the eligible players ex girlfriends gets murdered and that player had nothing to do with it..Which no one even knows is true yet and we are a day after the draft ended...

Bad timing? Absolutely, the NFL or Baton Rouge Police Departments fault? Absolutely not...

Bad luck for Collins if he had nothing to do with it as it seems...

Really good luck for whomever would have drafted him if it turns out the other way..

Posted By: eotab Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 12:27 PM
I am ignorant of the new rules. If he is a murderer...I have no words for him (not good ones).

But if he is not...It is one law suit I think would be deserved to win. Betcha he'll be allowed in the 2016 draft wink of course see you in a year on that one...lol laugh
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 12:28 PM

Or it was his agent in which case, Collins was poorly represented and the agent should be canned...
Posted By: IrishDawg42 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 12:34 PM
I am ignorant of the new rules. If he is a murderer...I have no words for him (not good ones).

But if he is not...It is one law suit I think would be deserved to win. Betcha he'll be allowed in the 2016 draft wink of course see you in a year on that one...lol laugh

I agree, if he is exonerated, a lawsuit is the best course of action. It is also the only way to get around the rules already in place. Simply saying the NFL should have given in to his request with a mere 24 hours to go over the information is negligent.

It will all get ironed out one way or another. Heck, they still have a lot of time until the supplemental, it is still possible to get an outside mediator and allow him into the supplemental based on the outcome of the investigation.

Had he gotten drafted by someone taking a late round flyer on his rights, that would not have been possible. Who knows the league office might have suggested as much to the clubs, hoping this was the outcome all along.

None of us know what is really going on with this.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 01:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Lemmys_Wart
The Seahawks already signed the green beret, that was fast.

Yeah I thought the move was about as lightning quick as possible. I love it, seen many interviews of him and he's a very stand up guy outside of being a Green Beret!

I wish him the best of luck!

Hopefully we can find some more Taylor Gabriel and Crow type undrafted FAs.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 02:04 PM

Shame.

Yes, he made that statement, however, it has since been established that he is not eligible for the 2016 Draft.

Weird twist to the rules, had he been chosen in the draft, that team has one year to hold on to his rights, while the player can refuse to sign a contract, then if after the year, if he hasn't signed, he the team will lose the rights and the player can re-submit for the following year draft.

However, if he is not drafted, he becomes a free agent, thus deeming him ineligible for any future drafts. He is free to sign with any team.

For the record, the NFL didn't do any of this..If you make yourself eligible, you are eligible. The rules are in place so players don't get a week from the draft, then decide to pull their name when it becomes apparent they are going to go lower than they had hoped when they declared. If the rules weren't in place, players would simply declare, feel out the process and go back to college, costing teams tons of money and irreplaceable time researching players that won't even be available.

It isn't there, just in case the one in a million (maybe lower) that one of the eligible players ex girlfriends gets murdered and that player had nothing to do with it..Which no one even knows is true yet and we are a day after the draft ended...

Bad timing? Absolutely, the NFL or Baton Rouge Police Departments fault? Absolutely not...

Bad luck for Collins if he had nothing to do with it as it seems...

Really good luck for whomever would have drafted him if it turns out the other way..

However .....

He can now pick where he goes, and he also can signa maximum of a 3 year deal. He can redo his contract after 2 years.

If he has a great career, then he will make out in the end.
Posted By: Lyuokdea Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 02:23 PM

Shame.

Shame.

A player who isn't drafted can't re-enter the draft....

Question though: Is there a maximum contract that you can give an UDFA?

Really, Collins should be in a good position now. Any team in the league should offer a contract similar to that you would give a first round pick (and maybe even a bit more than you'd give a first round pick, given that you are not spending a draft pick).

Then you just include language (it's already in most contracts) that voids the deal if he is charged with murder, and you are good.

Any team can offer that deal today (I think?) - and it doesn't hurt you at all if he is charged, just go back and void the deal.

The only thing i'm not sure of is whether there is a maximum deal for UDFA -- that would change things completely.
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 02:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Lyuokdea

Question though: Is there a maximum contract that you can give an UDFA?

There is a UDFA pool of money, usually around 88K, that teams have to spend on UDFA.

So, yeah, kinda. I think last year the most a player got was 20K.
Posted By: Lyuokdea Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 02:39 PM
Ah, in that case he's in trouble....

Guess it's a one year deal, then hope for a big payday.
Posted By: Dave Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 03:00 PM
I think the most a UDFA can make is around $1.5M over 3 years. Where they really get screwed, compared to drafted players, is their signing bonuses. Each team has $88,000 to pay out in signing bonuses, which means most guys will only get around $8K. I read that even a 7th round pick can expect a signing bonus around $50K. In that sense he would have been better off getting drafted, even if it was way later than expected.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 03:01 PM
add EJ Bibbs, TE Iowa State

Cleveland Browns
VJ Fehoko LB Texas Tech
Kennenth Penny DB UNLV
EJ Bibbs TE Iowa State

Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 03:35 PM
J/C:

One thing about Collins, as a UFA he can be a free agent after three years, and renegotiate after two. Drafted players must wait longer for both. If he gets a good second contract he can make more in four years than those drafted after the first round fairly easily. Once he fell out of the early going, not being drafted was his best option as long as he can avoid injury and play up to expectations.
Posted By: Demo44 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 03:51 PM
Marte Sears
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/941547/highlights/130367375/v2
Posted By: SunDawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 04:02 PM
Connor Halliday, QB, Washington State signed with Redskins, not Browns.
Posted By: Dave Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 04:11 PM
I wonder if the local kid from John Carroll Univ - Mark Myers - was picked up? Kiper had him ranked 9th among QBs. We had a thread about him here.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 05:57 PM
What is SAF?
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 06:00 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
What is SAF?

Safety
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 06:04 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
What is SAF?

Safety

When did we quit using 'S' for safety and start using SAF?
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 06:12 PM
Clevesteve just copied that from somewhere else, a Pats website that is usually accurate I believe.

Northeasterners just like to be different, I guess.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 06:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Demo44

You know you are a small school prospect when your highlights are filmed through chain-link fence. He did look interesting, though.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 06:51 PM
j/c:

If La'el Collins is cleared, sign bonus must fit w/in $86K UDFA budget, but 3yrs min salaries could be guaranteed = $1.57M.

https://twitter.com/SeniorBowlPhil
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 07:03 PM
LSU center Elliott Porter told @JimKleinpeter he has agreed to sign with #Browns as an undrafted free agent:

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/05/undrafted_lsu_players_agree_to.html
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 07:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Hopefully we can find some more Taylor Gabriel and Crow type undrafted FAs.

Don't forget K'waun Williams! We hit the jackpot with undrafted guys last year. Also, Connor Shaw stinks, but he is a viable third QB.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 07:28 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
LSU center Elliott Porter told @JimKleinpeter he has agreed to sign with #Browns as an undrafted free agent:

I wonder if he is close with La'el.

Martin-Manley is an interesting WR/Returner. Doubt he beats out Benjamin, but offers a little more size and did have a 2 punt return TD game.

For Buckeye Fans:
Baldwin to Ravens
Curtis Grant to Chargers
Rod Smith to Seahawks
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 07:34 PM
[quote=MemphisBrownie]

For Buckeye Fans:
Baldwin to Ravens
Curtis Grant to Chargers
Rod Smith to Seahawks

I look for Baldwin to make their roster and maybe start this guy is defiantly under rated, I watched him blow holes open for Zek all season ...
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 08:12 PM
nice corner route for bibbs (11) just before 1:00

Not a good start but makes some nice plays

Posted By: clevesteve Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 08:27 PM
that would explain why they signed so few, no big-name guys. Most brought in as tryouts.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 09:03 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

I wonder if he is close with La'el.

Stating the obvious:

If we got Collins we would have, by far, the best offensive line in the league. I don't see anyway we get him though. If I were him I would go to Buffalo.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 09:27 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Stating the obvious:

If we got Collins we would have, by far, the best offensive line in the league. I don't see anyway we get him though. If I were him I would go to Buffalo.

Why Buffalo? They have Cordy Glenn, Seantrel Henderson, and Cyrus Kouandjio at tackle. Here he'd have to beat out Mitchell Schwartz. He was the top RT on our board (allegedly).

Mitchell Schwartz was an old regime pick. I think Collins fits what we want to do better. Wouldn't being on the best offensive line actually be a selling point?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 09:37 PM
Collins can supposedly plan guard or tackle. If I'm him I go to a team with a horrible offensive line situation, not to a place where I'm going to have to compete to win a job.
Posted By: Lyuokdea Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 09:50 PM
Might want to go to a place where you can sit on the sidelines and learn for a few years - if you're not getting paid, why beat yourself up?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 09:51 PM
Might want to go to a place where you can sit on the sidelines and learn for a few years - if you're not getting paid, why beat yourself up?

Because he wants to get paid eventually. You don't earn a big contract sitting on the bench.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 10:06 PM

Because he wants to get paid eventually. You don't earn a big contract sitting on the bench.

I think that is kind of what Lyuokdea was saying.

It's the NFL, he's going to have to compete wherever he goes. Why not be the finishing piece on the "best offensive line in the NFL?" Tackles get paid more than guards. We like him as a tackle.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 10:12 PM

It's the NFL, he's going to have to compete wherever he goes. Why not be the finishing piece on the "best offensive line in the NFL?" Tackles get paid more than guards. We like him as a tackle.

I would love it if we signed the guy. I just don't see it happening. There are so many better situations to get playing time easily.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 10:14 PM
J/C

Arizona State TE De’Marieya Nelson to the #Browns

Twitter Link
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/03/15 10:26 PM
I remember TE Nelson from Arizona St ... not a bad prospect

Man, we're killing the west coast this year
Posted By: Lyuokdea Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 01:05 AM
Quote:

If there's not a lot of game film, he'll still be remembered as a first round pick.

If there is game film and he's bad - the pick position won't matter.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 01:29 AM
Quote:

If there's not a lot of game film, he'll still be remembered as a first round pick.

If there is game film and he's bad - the pick position won't matter.

If there's not a lot of game film he will be viewed as a backup and paid accordingly. The only way Collins gets paid is by playing well. He can't sign a one year contract, it's a three year deal or nothing. And even then he will be a restricted free agent after the third year.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 03:34 AM
Ah, in that case he's in trouble....

Guess it's a one year deal, then hope for a big payday.

He can do a 3 year deal, that can be redone after year 2.

He, essentially, traded money for the chance to pick his own team/situation. Once he got past the 3rd round, he evidently felt that this was most important.
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 01:09 PM
I have a feeling with Collins that we may come into play...As it was reported there was one NFL team ready to pick him in the 4th round...whom then eventually backed off...could be us? But maybe it isn't...I knew all reports prior had us buzzing about OT Collins...at least initially
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 01:21 PM
Assuming he's cleared, he'd be crazy to go anywhere but Carolina. He would be their starting LT from Day 1.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 02:13 PM
After watching a little bit more of EJ Bibbs, I feel a little better about our TE situation.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 02:26 PM
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
After watching a little bit more of EJ Bibbs, I feel a little better about our TE situation.

I gotta say, I feel exactly the same after some video...
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 03:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

I gotta say, I feel exactly the same after some video...

He looks like a real solid receiving TE. He is only 6'2" though, which is kind of short for an NFL TE.

However, he does look like he could be a weapon.

Posted By: clevesteve Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 03:37 PM
I like the Kloss, Miller (I mocked him to us in my seven rounder), Bibbs, and Martin-Manley reported signings. I think they all have a shot.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 04:20 PM
Assuming he's cleared, he'd be crazy to go anywhere but Carolina. He would be their starting LT from Day 1.

This was the correct answer all along. Thanks for reminding us!
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 04:23 PM

I would love it if we signed the guy. I just don't see it happening. There are so many better situations to get playing time easily.

IMO...If anyone doesn't think Collins could be a starter day one for our oline. Didn't really pay attention to the Clev. oline last year. And that includes Collins
Posted By: Dawgpound017 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 06:54 PM
Good highlights, but I'm sure there's some lowlights out there... they don't call them highlights for no reason.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 07:25 PM
I'm sure there are. The kid is only 6'2", and that is way below the average NFL TE.

He could be an interesting FB though. Imagine using him as a weapon in the backfield, as a receiver there, covered by a LB ....

We also added a 6'2" TE in De'Marieya Nelson. He could also be a FB.

Malcolm Johnson is also a 6'1" FB, who we drafted in the 6th.

Maybe we keep one or 2 FB/TE types, who can more accurately be called weapons. Imagine having a FB hybrid who can run and catch like TE, in the backfield along with Duke Johnson on 3rd downs. Could be interesting.
Posted By: bugs Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 10:33 PM
Collins can supposedly plan guard or tackle. If I'm him I go to a team with a horrible offensive line situation, not to a place where I'm going to have to compete to win a job.

What would you say as DC facing this OL?
LT: Joe Thomas
LG: Joel Bitonio
C: Alex Mack
RG: Cameron Erving
RT: La'el Collins

Sorry on the spelling to lazy to look up!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/04/15 11:13 PM
I would say, "Good thing the guy who throws the ball sucks."
Posted By: bugs Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 12:46 AM

He wouldn't need to throw it!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 03:49 AM
La'el Collins had an illegal meeting with Rex Ryan tonight.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 04:09 AM
Originally Posted By: bugs

Seriously, that line would just open holes all day. We'd rush 50 times a game.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 04:11 AM
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess
Originally Posted By: bugs

Seriously, that line would just open holes all day. We'd rush 50 times a game.

Kind of like last year. . .
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 05:53 AM

I am curious as to why him meeting with a coach would be illegal?

He is now an UDFA, so can't he meet with any team at this point?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 05:56 AM

So, this dude is a 6'5" safety.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 06:24 AM

So, this dude is a 6'5" safety.

Receivers are getting bigger, so bigger Safeties are logical.

He also seems to have a nose for the ball. He could be an effective piece to be used against some of the bigger receivers on fades and such in the end zone, because they would not automatically tower over our DBs.

Some of these players we drafted and brought in as UDFA are interesting in a variety of ways.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 11:01 AM

why was it illegal?
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 01:23 PM
Elliot Porter, C LSU

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/elliott-porter/

Elliott Porter signed a 3 year, $1,580,000 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including a $5,000 signing bonus, $5,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $526,667. In 2015, Porter will earn a base salary of $435,000 and a signing bonus of $5,000. Porter has a cap hit of $436,666 while his dead money value is $5,000.

Darrian Miller, OT, Kentucky

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/darrian-miller/

Darrian Miller signed a 3 year, $1,580,000 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including a $5,000 signing bonus, $20,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $526,667. In 2015, Miller will earn a base salary of $435,000 and a signing bonus of $5,000. Miller has a cap hit of $436,666 while his dead money value is $20,000.
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 01:54 PM
So I'm guessing those contracts mean Porter and Miller have a REALLY good chance of making the team in TC.

Which is good, I like Porter when we signed him. Maybe he can take McDonald or whomever else is the backup C spot.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 02:11 PM
Well, not exactly. The three year deals are set by the NFL/NFLPA Collective Bargaining agreement. The only real variable is signing bonus. Teams have either $87k or $88k (I've seen both numbers) to distribute among UDFAs. Miller's number is big. Porter's number is pretty average. He'll make the team if he plays as one of the 9 best OL.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 05:02 PM
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

why was it illegal?

I guess NFL teams have to clear the meetings through the player's agents and Ryan failed to do that.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 05:31 PM

why was it illegal?

I guess NFL teams have to clear the meetings through the player's agents and Ryan failed to do that.

I think they were saying it was more an error by Collins. I don't think it was illegal if they just talked. He's not signed by any other team. This isn't college football recruiting. Where did "illegal" even come from?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 05:38 PM

why was it illegal?

I think they were saying it was more an error by Collins. I don't think it was illegal if they just talked. He's not signed by any other team. This isn't college football recruiting. Where did "illegal" even come from?

Illegal was the wrong word for me to use. The word ESPN used was "unsanctioned."
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/05/15 07:44 PM
Wow, we signed some BIG NAMED UFA's... nanner
Posted By: OrangeHelmet Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/06/15 01:49 PM

why was it illegal?

I think ESPN mentioned last night that no person fron any NFL team may speak to him until LSU has graduated, MAY 9. So perhaps it was illegal and Rex/Bills will be fined or sanctioned.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/06/15 02:06 PM
Originally Posted By: OrangeHelmet

I think ESPN mentioned last night that no person fron any NFL team may speak to him until LSU has graduated, MAY 9. So perhaps it was illegal and Rex/Bills will be fined or sanctioned.

They can't meet him on campus or at his residence. They met away from both. Waste of a rule if that is the actual language to me.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/06/15 02:33 PM
I don't really care about this anyway. Collins is not signing with us.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/06/15 03:50 PM
Miami if he is smart
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/06/15 05:35 PM
Would like to have Collins, but whether we would sig him or not we already have an OL full of 1st and 2nd rd. picks ...

LT-JOE THOMAS 1ST RD. RT-MITCHELL SCHWARTZ 2D RD. LG-JOEL BITONIO 2ND RD. RG-CAM ERVING 1ST RD. C-ALEX MACK 1ST RD. Some see Schwartz moving to OG while Cam Erving Plays RT ... This is easily one of the 5 best OL's in the NFL if not the best ... JMHO
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/07/15 05:00 PM
Jimmay Mundine FB/TE from Kansas is a new name I saw tied to us for a try out. Sounds interesting.

He was mentioned in a Draft Review by Football Savages, an interesting read in itself:
Link-Browns Draft Review
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/07/15 09:30 PM
Rakeem Cato.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/08/15 12:14 PM
Rakeem Cato.

I kind of like this guy. He's undersized unfortunately, but he's had loads of success in his career.

I saw like a SportsCenter special on him and he just seemed like a good guy.

4 year starter for Marshall. We'll see if he can beat out Conor Shaw/Thadeus Lewis. But i wouldn't be surprised if he at least makes the practice squad
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/08/15 12:19 PM
Are they bringing Cato in as a QB?
Posted By: Demo44 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/08/15 12:39 PM
I saw this on another site

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwqjNpwdGsc&feature=player_embedded
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/08/15 01:47 PM
Darrian Miller (LT #77): Looks good in pass protection. Gets to the second level quickly in the run game but isn't much of a people mover.

Sorry to put you through this again, Top... but this was a really nice performance by Miller. Pretty much neutralized Dante Fowler, this year's #3 overall pick. He went out for a bit in the second quarter.

Here he is vs. Shane Ray. He gets beat a couple times by Ray, who really does have an unreal first step. Glad the Steelers took Dupree and not Ray.

vs. Lorenzo Mauldin and Louisville. I haven't gotten to watch this one yet.

Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/08/15 05:13 PM

That Worley kid definitely looks interesting. I don't a whole lot about him, but he definitely looks the part, and appears to have some NFL ability. I should add that I do not mean that I expect him to be our starter this year, but he definitely is interesting as a developmental guy.

Anyway, here is a scouting report on him.

2015 NFL Draft Scouting Report: QB Justin Worley - Quarterbacks - NFL News - NFL Articles - Forums
http://profootballspot.com/nfl_articles....in-worley-r5963

NFL Scouting Combine Results

Did Not Receive Invite

NFL Pro Day Results

N/A

Strengths
Possesses great size for a potential NFL QB
Mechanics are sound, keeps an over the top release designed for NFL throws
Has the ability to make any throw on the field, Quick release and adequate zip on his passes
He has proven he can handle the beatings that a QB in the NFL will take (Sacked 29 times in 2014)
Played against great competition in the SEC as a starter for two years
Can stand tall and strong in the pocket and handle pressure to go through progressions
Great leader of his offense
Has shown flashes of clutch throws and keeps a calm demeanor in big games (See vs. Georgia 2014)
Weaknesses
His footwork in the pocket is average of quality at best
Has a tendency to force throws into tight coverage
Does not possess a tuck and run ability that is effective on an NFL level
Has a tendency to not put enough air underneath his throws
His accuracy has improved in senior year, needs to improve on leading receivers
Lacks consistency on a game to game basis
Injuries suffered in senior season could hinder his abilities if not adequately rehabilitated
Injury History
Suffered a broken thumb in 2013 which sidelined him after 8 games in his junior season vs. Alabama.
Suffered a torn labrum and had surgery in 2014 which ended his collegiate career after 7 games in his senior season vs. Ole Miss.
Overview
Justin Worley has had a short-lived career at the University of Tennessee, as two unfortunately-timed injuries have plagued his chances to show dramatic improvement in his time at Tennessee. Worley possesses the intangibles to develop into an NFL QB as a natural leader, and has the arm necessary to make NFL throws. Worley also possesses a calm demeanor in big game situations that is required to be a successful QB in the NFL.

As a passer, Worley has a great throwing motion that will aid his transition into the faster paced NFL. He has shown vast improvement in his accuracy and pocket presence that should give him a few looks from NFL scouts. One facet of his game that he improved on was his ability to throw passes to where only his receiver could catch it. Tennessee’s cupboard of extremely talented receivers made Worley look like a seasoned veteran on a consistent basis. Worley started his career with a tendency to stare down the receiver of his choice on every passing play. Luckily for him, his senior year resurgence has proven that the Justin Worley of old is no more.

However, Worley’s newfound abilities were overshadowed by Tennessee’s woeful offensive line issues (29 sacks allowed) in his senior season. When Worley had time to survey the field, he proved he can find and deliver an accurate pass. Unfortunately, he was hardly ever given this luxury last season. Worley spent the seven games he started in 2014 running for his life in order to deliver accurate throws. A downside of Worley’s overall ability is that he tends to force passes that he shouldn’t. Even though this is a common problem with many quarterbacks, Worley consistently forced passes on a regular basis each game.

Worley also needs a major overhaul on his footwork. Although it has improved in his time in college, it is far from being NFL ready. He also had trouble with keeping adequate air under his throws to get over the top of coverage.

Overall, Justin Worley has the potential to become an average starter in the NFL. He has all the tools needed to be successful, however if he does not develop those abilities, he could be out of the league quicker than he hoped for. Worley needs to improve his accuracy, as well as his footwork, which is lacking in a big way. Worley will need a few years under a great QB in order to fulfill his potential and develop his game. Because of his small sample size of games in college, he will have to do some major convincing to persuade scouts to believe he has a shot in the NFL. So for now, Worley will remain an undrafted free agent.

Projection: Undrafted Free Agent

NFL Comparison: Less Athletic Ryan Tannehill

Ceiling: Average Starter in the NFL

Floor: Bust
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/08/15 06:42 PM
Are they bringing Cato in as a QB?

That's what it looks like. Camp arm.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/08/15 08:27 PM
It looks like we have actually only signed 4 of the players we brought in. The rest are all try-out players.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/08/15 09:05 PM
It looks like we have actually only signed 4 of the players we brought in. The rest are all try-out players.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/arti...06-52a0a2ea070c

Browns sign 4 undrafted free agents

The Browns announced Friday the signings of four undrafted free agents, a group that includes even more players with extensive experience and production at the college level.

Cleveland inked contracts with Northern Illinois offensive lineman Tyler Loos, Kentucky offensive lineman Darrian Miller, Tennessee State defensive back De’Ante Saunders and Oregon State defensive lineman Dylan Wynn.

The quartet of signees joined the Browns’ 12 draft picks and a slew of tryout players in Berea for the first of three days of rookie mini-camp.

Loos (6-foot-5, 294 pounds) started 33 games over three seasons, earning All-MAC first-team honors in 2013 and 2014 and a second-team nod in 2012. He primarily played at left tackle for the Huskies, who rushed for 3,288 yards and allowed 11 sacks in 2014.

Miller (6-foot-5, 307 pounds) began his Kentucky career as a tight end before converting to offensive line. He was the Wildcats’ starter at left tackle from 2012-2014.

Saunders (5-foot-9, 187 pounds) began his college career at Florida, where he started 16 of 20 games and intercepted three passes. In his next two seasons at Tennessee State, Saunders tallied nine interceptions, one of which he took back for a touchdown, and 15 passes defensed. He also returned 57 punts for 373 yards and a touchdown.

Wynn (6-foot-2, 283 pounds) notched 44 starts over four seasons with the Beavers, a number that was good for a tie for seventh in program history. He split time at defensive end and defensive tackle and tied for the team lead with 12 tackles for loss and four sacks as a senior.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/08/15 10:59 PM

This directly disputes the "roster" that someone put up in the Pure Football thread.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/08/15 11:12 PM
Nah all those other guys are draftees or guys that were on futures contracts before the draft.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/08/15 11:14 PM
I think that "roster" was of players participating in the mini camp, most of whom were trying out for the team.

IIRC, there were 12 drafted players, 4 signed UDFA, and something like a half dozen 1st year players who did not reach the maximum allowed time on the active roster. the rest, something like 50 players, were all trying out for the team.
Posted By: berea Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/12/15 03:45 AM
Collins may have been close to becoming a "wide receiver" if in prison.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/12/15 11:06 AM
Originally Posted By: berea
Collins may have been close to becoming a "wide receiver" if in prison.

He may have gone in as a tight end, but left a wide receiver.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/17/15 04:27 AM
Originally Posted By: SunDawg

And has, evidently, already retired.

Redskins rookie QB Connor Halliday retires before first practice : Fantasy News
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasy...-first-practice

Rookie quarterback Connor Halliday, signed by the Redskins as an undrafted free agent, has apparently retired on the eve of his first minicamp practice with the team.

Coach Jay Gruden said on Saturday that he awoke to a voicemail from Halliday, and the two haven't yet talked. "He chose to jump on a plane and head to the house," Gruden said, per The Washington Post.

Halladay set a school record at Washington State, with 11,304 yards. He also threw 90 touchdown passes. He went undrafted after a broken leg ended his season in November.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/17/15 10:57 AM
That's an odd thing with Halladay ... sometimes kids just don't have the desire any longer ... or maybe he just didn't want to play for Washington haha
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/17/15 11:13 AM
Originally Posted By: SunDawg

And has, evidently, already retired.

Redskins rookie QB Connor Halliday retires before first practice : Fantasy News
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasy...-first-practice

Rookie quarterback Connor Halliday, signed by the Redskins as an undrafted free agent, has apparently retired on the eve of his first minicamp practice with the team.

Coach Jay Gruden said on Saturday that he awoke to a voicemail from Halliday, and the two haven't yet talked. "He chose to jump on a plane and head to the house," Gruden said, per The Washington Post.

Halladay set a school record at Washington State, with 11,304 yards. He also threw 90 touchdown passes. He went undrafted after a broken leg ended his season in November.

confused
Posted By: Jester Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/17/15 12:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
That's an odd thing with Halladay ... sometimes kids just don't have the desire any longer ... or maybe he just didn't want to play for Washington haha

He was an UDFA. Washington was the team that he chose to sign with.

Though it is a possibility that he got confused and thought that the Washington Redskins were in Washington state when he signed. Once he realized that he would have to move across country he said: Aw heck no.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/18/15 01:34 AM
Maybe he got confused, and though that the Redskins were in the Washington on the West Coast? crazy
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/18/15 11:05 AM
Originally Posted By: Jester

Though it is a possibility that he got confused and thought that the Washington Redskins were in Washington state when he signed. Once he realized that he would have to move across country he said: Aw heck no.

If that is the case, then one must wonder about the education he received
Posted By: eotab Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/18/15 11:48 AM
He might have a good career opportunity. He doesn't see his future in the NFL - possibly he is not the same QB physically after the broken leg.

Probably he just doesn't want to be one of those hanger on QBs bouncing around as the 3rd QB hoping one day to become the back up.

jmho...He might just be the smart one. If he has fear its time to quit. wink
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/18/15 03:26 PM
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

It was kind of a joke ..... but I guess it got lost in translation.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/18/15 05:49 PM

Most likely got lost in my early Monday morning haze
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/18/15 07:38 PM

Most likely got lost in my early Monday morning haze

Nah, the haze is that after having to get up really early this morning to go to the doctor, that I didn't even realize that it wasn't my post you responded to. rofl crazy
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/19/15 01:14 AM
Sounds like Swish gave you some haze for that chronic back pain wink
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/19/15 03:48 AM
My back plus completely plugged up sinuses are a dangerous combination.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Undrafted Free Agents - 05/19/15 10:15 PM
Maybe he got confused, and though that the Redskins were in the Washington on the West Coast? crazy

Aren't they?... brownie
© DawgTalkers.net