DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Error - 10/03/22 04:50 PM
I have been geting this error off and on over the past few days.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\WebRoots\dawgtalkers.net v2\libs\mysqli.inc.php on line 208

It seems to recover with a refresh, but does happen somewhat frequently.
Posted By: FATE Re: Error - 10/03/22 05:01 PM
I was in Ohio all weekend. No problems whatsoever. Today in Fort Wayne, getting this non-stop to the point that the site is fubar. Decent chance I won't even be able to post this...
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Error - 10/03/22 05:13 PM
I've been getting it too, started yesterday evening for me.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Error - 10/03/22 07:21 PM
I've gotten that message as well. This place has been way, way slow loading for me as well, on my pc. No other sites have issues. In fact, I figured I got banned, honestly. Only thing that works for me, for a short time anyway, is rebooting.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Error - 10/03/22 07:29 PM
Not sure what the issue is but this "Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded" means the script made a call to the DB and the response time exceeded 30 seconds. Not sure how this is happening but it shouldn't and I know you can override the 30 seconds setting but that is not a fix.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Error - 10/03/22 07:31 PM
Not sure what the issue is but this "Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded" means the script made a call to the DB and the response time exceeded 30 seconds. Not sure how this is happening but it shouldn't and I know you can override the 30 seconds setting but that is not a fix.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Error - 10/03/22 09:02 PM
I have experienced this issue, too. It seems to occur way more often in the mornings. There is also the issue of duplicate posts that accompany this issue. The other day it kept timing out on me while trying to post a new reply, so I would post another one. When I finally got back to the the forum, I had posted the same post three consecutive times. LOL. Luckily, I was able to delete two of them. Not complaining.......just reporting.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Error - 10/04/22 05:19 AM
Yeah, so I first saw this error a few days ago as well. I didn't think TOO much of it at the time because it seemed to resolve. I didn't know it was widespread and recurring.

I've looked through logs and I can't find any smoking gun, but I am trying a couple of things, one of which is more than doubling the number of allowed connections between the site and the database server. IF this was a case of things just being busy and pages loading waiting for database connections, this should resolve things. Unfortunately, ya can't always get clear-cut answers; sometimes, there just isn't enough info, and intermittent problems are the worst for this.

I'll be monitoring it in an ongoing fashion.
If the changes correct the issue, it will take a while to feel confident that the problem is gone. If it doesn't, then I'll at least know something that it ISN'T.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Error - 10/04/22 09:21 AM
I’ve been experiencing it as well … the board has been clunky for me the past few days. wish i could help
!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Error - 10/04/22 10:59 AM
I haven't been on very long this morning, but things seem to be back to normal thus far.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Error - 10/04/22 06:59 PM
I had the same issues but everything seems to be fine today. It appears your fix worked. Thanks.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Error - 10/05/22 12:42 PM
It seems to have been resolved. I haven't had the issues repeat since you had the board down for repairs.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Error - 12/02/22 03:48 PM
Has anyone else been seeing this recently? I've received it twice in the last two days; I'm wondering if it is more widespread, or still fairly isolated.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Error - 12/02/22 04:02 PM
Haven't seen it but will see if I can grab a screenshot if I see it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Error - 12/02/22 04:27 PM
Like yourself I've seen it as well but not that often.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Error - 12/04/22 01:14 PM
Very isolated.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Error - 12/05/22 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Has anyone else been seeing this recently? I've received it twice in the last two days; I'm wondering if it is more widespread, or still fairly isolated.

I got it a few times on Sunday (12/4/2022).
Posted By: sk8termom Re: Error - 12/09/22 03:15 AM
maybe try the solution here:?

https://www.w3docs.com/snippets/php...-time-of-30-seconds-exceeded-in-php.html

from the link:

Now, let’s see an alternative solution. This option is more recommended that the first one.

All you need to do is adding set_time_limit(600) inside the code. The input parameter is the maximum execution time. The meaning of 0 is unlimited.

However, you should be careful, as, in the case of an endless job, you may hang your server. So, we recommend you not to set the value too high.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Error - 12/09/22 02:47 PM
well, that's more of a band-aid workaround than a fix; it masks the actual issue.

I reserve the use of these changes for long-running scripts, but these pages are of the sort that they should all render and present in well under half a second.
Usually, the slower loading we sometimes see is a result of external resources such as Google Ads or Twitter embeds getting loaded after the main document has loaded.
However, what I've been seeing when I see the error suggests a slowness, or a queueing of resources, in the connection to the database server which is why I increased the resources allotted to it the last time, and that seems to have helped, but I may need to tweak it.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Error - 12/09/22 09:00 PM
I haven't had any issues for several day now.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Error - 12/11/22 02:12 AM
Mysql has a slow running queries log that you can turn on.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Error - 12/21/22 05:13 PM
Been getting the error a lot this morning.
Posted By: FATE Re: Error - 12/21/22 07:48 PM
#metoo
Posted By: FATE Re: Error - 12/21/22 07:51 PM
And this just showed up in the "quick reply" box when trying to quote another post...

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in <b>D:\WebRoots\dawgtalkers.net v2\libs\mysqli.inc.php</b> on line <b>208</b><br />
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Error - 12/21/22 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
And this just showed up in the "quick reply" box when trying to quote another post...

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in <b>D:\WebRoots\dawgtalkers.net v2\libs\mysqli.inc.php</b> on line <b>208</b><br />

I just got the same message. In fact, I tried to reply here, and it timed me out again. I'm on a desk top computer.

Sometimes, it takes 20 seconds or more for a thread to load. I have no problems on other sites with downloading, viewing, etc.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Error - 12/22/22 02:40 PM
Yeah, it was bad yesterday morning. It happened once this morning, but it seems to be better at this particular point in time.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Error - 12/22/22 05:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback, y'all.
So, it seems like it is *mostly* fixed, but that there are still infrequent intermittent issues.

I'll check some logs and see if I can figure out what the heck might have been different about whatever was going on yesterday.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Error - 12/22/22 07:23 PM
Thanks.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Error - 12/23/22 08:08 AM
Had the dreaded fatal error at roughly 2am. Back on, next time I checked, at 3 am.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Error - 12/23/22 08:11 AM
Had the dreaded fatal error at roughly 2am. Back on, next time I checked, at 3 am.

And then getting the error again just now.
Posted By: jaybird Re: Error - 12/24/22 02:44 AM
I've had zero issue... haven't seen this error
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Error - 12/25/22 05:54 PM
I got it again yesterday, but just once.
© DawgTalkers.net