DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: candyman92 Other Games Discussion - 12/08/16 08:49 PM
Monster matchup tonight between Oakland and Kansas City.
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/08/16 08:54 PM
Asnwer this question:

Does Alex smith have a stronger arm than Kessler?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/08/16 10:16 PM
Really looking forward to this game. Two very good teams w/a lot on the line.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/08/16 11:22 PM
looking forward to tonight's game for srue
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 01:03 AM
Looking forward to this game. KC has a hell of a defense and Carr, Cooper, Murray and Mack are a lot of fun to watch play the game. Two tough teams.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 01:06 AM
Yep, not to mention that the Raiders probably have the second best OL in the NFL.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 01:20 AM
I see we have the mandatory crayola uniforms tonight.
Posted By: Dawg_Traveler Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 01:21 AM
so yeah, when did Raiders lose the black on their uniforms? frown
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 01:34 AM
I went to college in KC and was there when Schotty was the coach. I have a soft spot for them (as well as the Bills).

I'd LOVE to see KC go to the Super Bowl this season. I think they have been underappreciated and somewhat forgotten in the Oakland and Dallas love fest. Hoping they win convincingly tonight.
Posted By: Dawg_Traveler Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 01:35 AM
Well PDX - I see you survived the big storm today! smile
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 01:45 AM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_Traveler
Well PDX - I see you survived the big storm today! smile

Yea....2-3" of snow becomes "snowpocalypse" in Portland. Amazing 'eh? Especially considering there are mountains 60 miles away.
Posted By: Dawg_Traveler Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 02:07 AM
man, Smith stayed moved up just at the right time to make that throw...great throw..didn't get flustered at the pressure
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 02:10 AM
I'm rooting for Smith. Dude was dealt a crappy card in SF. The fans and the SF media were really hard on the guy. Karma is now biting them in the arse.
Posted By: Dawg_Traveler Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 02:21 AM
So Far, KC is looking a lot faster overall...just picking Oakland apart so far
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 02:30 AM
The temperature is definitely slowing Oakland down.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 02:31 AM
Tyreek Hill is having a game.
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 02:35 AM
Andy Reid is so underrated. I can't believe Phily ever let the guy go.
Posted By: Dawg_Traveler Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 02:35 AM
Hill is doing it all tonight for sure..can one of our receivers do the same?
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 02:42 AM
Originally Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U

Agreed. But, like Schottenheimer he has yet to prove he can win the big games.
Posted By: Dawg_Traveler Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 02:42 AM
Originally Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U

after what - like 15 years or so , I guess they just got tired of him...It's not like he didn't take them to the playoffs a decent amount and I think maybe a SB?

Us fans are pretty fickle! wink
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 03:18 AM
This is what scares me about Alex Smith. When I watch him in big games he has brain freezes.
Posted By: Dawg_Traveler Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 03:18 AM
Dang, all of a sudden Smith is looking like Josh...especially that strip there...
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 03:22 AM
Oakland did this last week in their comeback win over the Bills. Mack had a huge 2nd half.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 03:22 AM
Chiefs defense is unreal.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 04:31 AM
Story of the game was KC's defense playing super bowl caliber and shutting down Oakland in the 2nd half
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 04:45 AM
I heard Al Michales say the Chiefs are now 20-3 in their last 23 games.

Upon a quick search, the Browns are 1-22 in their last 23 games. saywhat

Posted By: lampdogg Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 04:49 AM
KC defence was dominant. I thought Oakland shoulda regrouped at the two-minute warning instead of rushing things.
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 04:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Upon a quick search, the Browns are 1-22 in their last 23 games. saywhat

That's just appalling.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 05:00 AM
Carr is 1-5 versus KC.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 05:05 AM
Also, it's a bitch trying to win in that stadium. KC is just as noisy as Seattle-

https://youtu.be/N4P6z_DTHf8
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 05:31 AM
Oakland's O looked like they didn't want to be there for the first 28 minutes ... NONE OF THEM ...

Crabtree looked like he didn't want to be there the ENTIRE NIGHT ...

Carr' pinkie was really bothering him in the cold ... he was by far the mist innacurate I've ever seen him ... had to be the frigid weather and the pinkie not being able to handle it ...
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 08:38 AM
Welp, that parlay didn't last very long..

#HadOakland+3
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 08:40 AM
Bout to get bumped from the playoffs as a #2 seed. Thank you Amari Cooper and KC's kicker!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 08:50 AM
that was a ffun game to watch ... both teams have a shot to get to the Super Bowl IMO ... KC's defense was excellent, and they're tough at home
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 02:14 PM
Yep. That was a very good game.

--Imagine if Smith would have played like Carr did last night? How much grief would he be taking? Instead, Carr gets a pass and some excuses thrown his way.

--KC's defense really is good, though. Good pass rushers and their secondary is awesome!

--Too bad about DJ.

--I would have kicked the FG on the 4th down play that was close to the 2:00 mark. I don't like having to make a 4th down play and a 2-pt conversion back-to-back. Poor odds.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 02:26 PM
To me, the odds were better to get the TD and the 2-pt convert, rather than kicking a FG and trying to get the ball back with enough time to drive for a winning TD.
Doesn't matter, as it turned out.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 02:33 PM
LOL..........well, it could've mattered had they kicked the FG. wink
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 02:35 PM
Problem is Vers ... Smith has had MULTIPLE games like Carr played last night when he was 100% ...

Carr played like crap ... Carr has a bad pinkie and u know as well as I that cold affects it ...

Carr was VERY INNACURATE last night ... something he hasn't been all year ... Ya, I'm giving him a break after doing the math ... he hasn't been as accurate since hurting it ... last nIght he was HORRIBLY innacurrate ...

I don't make excuses ... i give reasons ... *LOL* ..
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 03:07 PM
LOL...okay.

My point was more about defending Smith. He takes way too much grief. The guy is a winner.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 03:12 PM
And to think the Browns could have drafted him..... Jesus weeps.

Carr, I meant.
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/09/16 03:26 PM
I think that is the best I have ever seen Alex Smith...where did that come from.

Oakland WRs had many drops. Those two turnovers where they came away with Zero and they were in the red zone??? Very costly for the Raiders. KC, excellent Defense. Why I wish us to build one here. All the talk the past few years about the Air game being the key...BS I say it still is Defense that wins championships!!!
jmho
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/10/16 04:22 AM
Originally Posted By: eotab
I think that is the best I have ever seen Alex Smith...where did that come from.

Oakland WRs had many drops. Those two turnovers where they came away with Zero and they were in the red zone??? Very costly for the Raiders. KC, excellent Defense. Why I wish us to build one here. All the talk the past few years about the Air game being the key...BS I say it still is Defense that wins championships!!!
jmho

Eotab....Trent Dilfer ring a bell? heck he wasn't no Brady...
Defense won that SB
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/10/16 04:56 PM
Heck why go that far back (Dilfer/Ravens). Last years SB winner Denver won on DEFENSE. Manning was a mere image of himself. It was the Defense that won them their Championship.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 08:55 PM
eagles/redskins.. cmon skins.. they just scored.

lord wentz has less than a minute for a td
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 09:03 PM
Well off to Buffalo to try try again ... Later thumbsup
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 09:05 PM
yess.. Wentz fumble...
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 09:06 PM
Thank you Ryan Kerrigan! laugh
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 09:06 PM
Wentz gets stripped sacked to end the game. Looks like another week of, "Wentz sux" articles.
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 09:09 PM
Don't know about Wentz but that right tackle sucks.
Posted By: AlwaysABrownsFan Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 09:09 PM
Yea.. id still trade all of our qbs and the first overall pick for Wentz. RG3 doesnt look like half the QB Wentz does on his worst day.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 09:33 PM
Way to SWEETEN that deal throwing in our QBs! wink
Posted By: Schadenfreude Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 09:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Don't know about Wentz but that right tackle sucks.

The announcers even said that's the 3rd RT that the Eagles have used this season (Lane Johnson normally starts there I think). The fact that they were even in the game shows that the Eagles are on the right track.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 09:43 PM
thanks washington. i think carolina winning helps too
Posted By: Jester Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 11:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
Way to SWEETEN that deal throwing in our QBs! wink

Eagles reply:

You can have Wentz for the #1 overall pick
BUT, you have to keep your current Qb's.

Browns reply:
Aw heck no!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 11:12 PM
let's just say we take Malik Hooker (or someone thereof) with the Eagles pick ... so would we rather have RG3/Cody/? and Hooker or Wentz
Posted By: Groza76 Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 11:13 PM
I just took a quick look and so far SF is leading in the 3rd quarter. I'm rooting for SF to win #2.

Less than 2 mins to play in the 3rd Q
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 11:13 PM
LOL.............We kept Payton over Gabriel. Payton gets suspended and Gabriel just caught another long TD pass. This time it was 64 yards.

"Things really feel different with this group."
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 11:15 PM
When you consider what Gabriel's role on that team is suppose to be......this guy is straight up wrecking secondaries right now.

All Gabriel needed was some good QB play? Imagine that.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 11:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
LOL.............We kept Payton over Gabriel. Payton gets suspended and Gabriel just caught another long TD pass. This time it was 64 yards.

I was just thinking the same thing watching that TD.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 11:19 PM
49ers vs Jets is just abysmal. And yet I'm still jealous
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 11:23 PM
Thank God I took Atlanta's D in Daily Fantasy. They have 26 pts. already. LOL..........that's huge!

People dog Wentz, but man, Goff is horrible.

The scary thing is that our "brain trust" liked Goff, but not Wentz. They also liked Kessler over Dak. They liked RGIII.

I yi yi yi.....
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 11:24 PM

What scares me is that HUE and/or the FO could not see his talent ... they had hm all TC .. his speed and quickness JUMP OFF THE SCREEN AT U ..

WTF were they watching .... and he's YOUNG ...

He's the POSTER CHILD for what were looking for and we CUT HIM ....

That scares the EVER LIVING HELL OUT OF ME ... how in god's good name could they not see that ....

We let the POSTER CHILD of our plan go FREE ...

Maybe Hue liked him and didn't want to put him through this year ... *L* ..

Hue/FO should get a refferal bonus from Atlanta ..
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 11:26 PM
Diam, we didn't try too hard to keep Gipson, Benji, and Schwartz either. All three are younger players w/some talent.
Posted By: WhatCanBrownDo4U Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/11/16 11:28 PM
It's nice seeing the Seahawks getting kicked around.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 01:20 AM
Wow ... how did the 49ers lose ... thats HORRIBLE ...

Crap .. i thought we locked up the #1 pick with our L and there what i ASS-U-med was there W ...

Man .... what a bad day ... i still can't believe they blew that lead ...
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 01:31 AM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

What scares me is that HUE and/or the FO could not see his talent ... they had hm all TC .. his speed and quickness JUMP OFF THE SCREEN AT U ..

WTF were they watching .... and he's YOUNG ...

He's the POSTER CHILD for what were looking for and we CUT HIM ....

That scares the EVER LIVING HELL OUT OF ME ... how in god's good name could they not see that ....

We let the POSTER CHILD of our plan go FREE ...

Maybe Hue liked him and didn't want to put him through this year ... *L* ..

Hue/FO should get a refferal bonus from Atlanta ..

I don't think the FO should be lambasted for Gabriel. They should be lambasted for a lot, but I don't think they should be lambasted for Gabriel. I think the Gabriel lambasting is just piling on. Here's why:

1. Gabriel was considered an outside WR here. And he was small. People are lamenting how we kept Hawkins over him, but they are two really different players. Hawkins is a prototypical slot receiver. Gabriel is more of an outside guy but smallish. I don't think the team wanted to go with small outside receivers.

2. He went to a team that was familiar with him and his skillset. He went to a team with the best OC in the game. A team who's O is really clicking. There are probably a number of players that could have filled that role that Gabriel is now filling.

3. This is the problem with regime changes. Gabriel was not their guy. They were going to keep their guy. Had Pettine been retained, Gabriel is probably still on this team. But then you still have Pettine.

4. From all accounts, Gabriel had a so-so training camp. Head to head with their guys, he was going to lose. Again, the team that picked him up was familiar with him.

I think we should protest the hell out of Berea for letting Schwartz, Mack, and Gipson walk. But I just can't pile on for Gabriel. A lot of things had to line up just right for Gabriel to be doing what he's doing right now.

Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 01:47 AM
Reminder: Somehow Andrew Hawkins is a captain on this team. That was who Gabriel had to replace on this team. It's unfair to pile onto the FO because of this.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 01:53 AM
Hawkins is basically worthless for us too
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 03:19 AM
rolleyes
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 12:47 PM
How is the FO blameless? They drafted 4 WRs and they all made the team. Gabriel was cut. You don't think the fact that this FO drafted those four guys and did not draft Gabriel influenced who was kept and who was released? LOL
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 02:19 PM
I don't recall people being pissed when Gabriel got cut at the time. But now...livid!
Posted By: eotab Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 02:48 PM
j/c...

Not too strong cause its not the Browns but I thought Romo should have played last week and this. Many socially have said huh no that is wrong DAK should play. Well he has had two bad games in a row. My thought process is that the Chit will hit the fan with the kid. Playoffs he will be overwhelmed and Romo will have a lot of rust to knock off...Playoffs is not the time to do so.

jmho
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 02:51 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I don't recall people being pissed when Gabriel got cut at the time. But now...livid!

I personally wasn't at TC even once ... much less everyday ....

If i didn't say I'd be nice ... this would be a much different response .. *L* ...

All I'll say for now since I handcuffed myself ....

That is one of the lamest defenses I've seen for this FO and/or Hue ... whoever decided to cut him, they did not evaluate his talent very well .. if it was a CONSESUS ... shame on all of them ..

He is the POSTER BOY for what we are building here and WE SHOWED him the door ...

BRILLIANT!!!!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 02:59 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

I personally wasn't at TC even once ... much less everyday ....

If i didn't say I'd be nice ... this would be a much different response .. *L* ...

All I'll say for now since I handcuffed myself ....

That is one of the lamest defenses I've seen for this FO and/or Hue ... whoever decided to cut him, they did not evaluate his talent very well .. if it was a CONSESUS ... shame on all of them ..

He is the POSTER BOY for what we are building here and WE SHOWED him the door ...

BRILLIANT!!!!

Feel free to call it the "lamest whatever you'd like". My point is that only after Gabriel has a couple of good games in ATL, people are coming out of the woodwork complaining that we cut him. People were not (too my knowledge on here) visibly pissed off that he didn't make the roster over the summer. I think people knew he was a long shot to make the roster for several reasons, a couple being he had several concussions, dropped passes, and an underwhelming couple of years here. Not too mention he was part of a passed regime selection that can effect any player during a transition.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 03:14 PM
I called it a lame ass defense for the FO and/or Hue cause that what it is ...

I could care less what he did here his first two years ... I could care less whose regime he's a part of .... all i know is the Falcons are grateful we let him go and he's a part of there's now ... I imagine Taylor isn't to upset about it either ... nor is Schwartz .. there the POSTER CHILDS for our ineptness this year ...

Kid is YOUNG and can BALL ... they saw him EVERY DAY at TC ....

Everyday .... his QUICKNESS and SPEED jump off the screen at U ....

If they couldn't see that ... GOD HELP US ...

PS. I noticed and mentioned Gabriel on this board 3 - 4 weeks before he broke out .... he made a really nice catch that took great body control, hands and concentration ... didn't think much of it but it sure impressed the hell out of me ... over the next few weeks i watched him .. his quickness and speed were appearant ... then he BROKE OUT ON THE NATIONAL STAGE!!!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 03:42 PM

Garbage.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 03:44 PM
Quote:
My point is that only after Gabriel has a couple of good games in ATL, people are coming out of the woodwork complaining that we cut him. People were not (too my knowledge on here) visibly pissed off that he didn't make the roster over the summer.

The horror. Folks waiting to see results before rushing to a judgement. Oh, the horror!!!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 03:52 PM
Quote:
My point is that only after Gabriel has a couple of good games in ATL, people are coming out of the woodwork complaining that we cut him. People were not (too my knowledge on here) visibly pissed off that he didn't make the roster over the summer.

The horror. Folks waiting to see results before rushing to a judgement. Oh, the horror!!!

How ironic for you to post that.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 03:54 PM

Garbage.

Care to share where those comments live? I looked up in the cuts section, and there were a few post about him. Not one showed people upset that he was cut. People said they liked him and wished him well for the most part.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 03:55 PM
No, I was just showing you how worthless your post was when you said the very same thing in the Postgame Thoughts thread. LOL
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 04:01 PM
No, I was just showing you how worthless your post was when you said the very same thing in the Postgame Thoughts thread. LOL

Man, you're a freakin' piece of work. Your post was called garbage because you blanketed two people's discussion on where they would prefer players to be on defense as not liking the coaching staff and wanting them replaced....your post illustrates yet again your agenda. You ruin football discussions by your nonsense as always.

My post on this thread comes from not reading anyone's past posts about being upset Gabriel was cut on here over the summer. If you'd like to point out the contrary, go ahead.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 04:05 PM
Garbage.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 06:55 PM
Did his speed and quickness jump off the screen at you when he played for the Browns?
Posted By: Swish Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 08:48 PM
Why are so many cowboy fans calling for Romo after one bad game by Dak?

I wish I had their QB problems.
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/12/16 08:55 PM
Dear god I hope they go back to Romo..

And I hope he throws a game ending INT in the playoffs.
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/13/16 02:39 AM
Hopefully the Ravens getting smashed this week means they will rage against Philly @ home next week.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/13/16 04:11 AM
The Pats had the Ravens cornered at 23-3 middle of the 3rd Q...then the Pats muff a punt and fumble on the kickoff. Gift the Ravens into 14 points. It's something we'd do.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/13/16 04:12 AM
Come on Pats. Seal the deal.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/13/16 04:17 AM
Pats front 7 giving pulverized against the run... didnt think that could happen against anyone not named Browns. nice to see.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Other Games Discussion - 12/13/16 04:22 AM
That was so pretty. When was the last time we did something even like that?
© DawgTalkers.net