DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 04:34 AM
1,000 yards. Thank you for performing through injury, shout out to you.

It was a grind, I'd like to think you've found a home.
Posted By: AZBrown Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 12:41 PM
Agreed.

Before this turns into another debate about his $ worth, it is nice to end the season with at least one positive in regards to talent for a team sorely bereft of it (even though the accomplishment will be used as leverage against us in contract talks).

In a brighter Browns reality, it might have been Gordon and Pryor as #1 and #2, Benjamin and Hawkins as #3 and #4, Barnidge and Duke consistently doing their thing, and a young, emerging answer at QB. But...........

At any rate, congrats to Pryor.
Posted By: Swish Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 01:45 PM
1000 yards with 5 different QB's.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 02:00 PM
Yet, many of our posters don't want to pay him. rolleyes
Posted By: Swish Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 02:02 PM
we gotta pay him bro.

he's josh gordon without the substance abuse problems.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 02:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
we gotta pay him bro.

I agree. He is still a project and had a 1,000 yard receiving season. He is still only going to get better.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 02:56 PM
Like I said in another thread, I'd rather we don't break the bank but it's not my money so I don't care. He's a talented player and we need to keep him.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 02:58 PM
Congrats to TP. Hope we put this contract to bed reasonably before the draft.
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 05:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

He will be a dissapointment with whomever he signs with ....

I'm about 99% sure it will be us ... in year 2 ya'all will be wondering what went wrong ....

Watch and see ...
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

He will be a dissapointment with whomever he signs with ....

I'm about 99% sure it will be us ... in year 2 ya'all will be wondering what went wrong ....

Watch and see ...

I disagree with your prediction. I will tell you why.

Pryor is far from a finished product. He is still further away from his ceiling than he is his floor. He is just learning how to tap his potential. If he continues to work hard he will improve. He will only take a step backward if he stops working.

Last year he struggled catching slants. The double move he put on the corner yesterday that should have set up the game winning score was awesome. Better route running and double moves will be his next evolution. I hope it is with the Browns.
Posted By: eotab Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 07:03 PM
Don't mind signing him and paying him to stay...just don't wish to overpay.

He should get better next year I think his upside is very good.

jmho
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 08:01 PM
This isn't the early 2000's. There really isn't a "cap hell" anymore. Some teams are close to the limit, but it's easy to fix. Posters on this board make way too big of a deal about overpaying players.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 08:30 PM
Why are we worried about how much money a billionaire spends? I wouldn't care if there was one penny left of our cap money.

Hopefully this next year proves they know what they're doing with all the money they have laying around.

So long as there's enough money to pay other elite players (like O-linemen) then let the guy get his paycheck.

None of the cap money they save ends up in our pockets, so spend away!
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 08:33 PM

He's probably worth top 10 money, but not top 5, IMO. Unfortunately, Rosenhaus will likely want to make him the highest paid WR in the league. Hopefully we make a solid offer and TP is willing to take it. If it's all about the Benjamin's, he's likely gone.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 08:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
we gotta pay him bro.

I would say he's almost Josh Gordon on the field, hopefully he finishes that journey in a Browns jersey.

Definitely not Josh Gordon off the field, and hopefully he stays that way!
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 10:36 PM
count me as.not aa impressed with TP getting a 1,000 yards
why cause 25 WRs eclipsed that barrier in 2016. that's well more than 1\2 the NFLs number one targets for each team
it's not hard for a teams #1 to get 1,000.
it's 66.3 yards per game. Very easy to accomplish
it's what the game evolved into to.
by comparison 30 years ago only 4 WRS achieved the 1,000 yard mark
this eras wrs are yesteryears Rbs
someone had to catch the footballs in this offense
how many Tds did he have..4.
yawn.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 10:39 PM
Have you watched our qbs and the rest of our offense?
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 10:54 PM
I love what TP brings to our offense. Its not easy to replace. Pay the man!
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 11:01 PM
1st of all happy new year and sending warm get well toward your son may he get well soon in all sincerity
yes I did I watched every play this year.
last time I checked the Browns had 2 NFL qbs on the roster who had proven to drive the ball downfield and a rookie who excelled better at short intermediate stuff then your vertical throws
I'm just not impressed with Pryor breaking 1000 cause it's so common in this era.
the rules have changed so much dbs can't use their hands downfield
wrs have free reign
CBS rarely press anymore it's alot of cushion these days
guys from decades gone like Raymond Clayborne Chris Dishman Ken Riley Deion Sanders Darrel Green Deron Cherry
would get flagged every other down
sorry champ can't get excited about a thousand yard WR
especially when he barely found the end zone at that
Posted By: Swish Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 11:05 PM
I get what you mean, but you're lacking a lot of context.

Pryor is in his first full season as a WR. This is his rookie year at that position.

There's only one other first year WR this season that went over 1000 and that's Michael Thomas, who had drew freaking brees throwing him the rock.

For anyone who is interested, here's the 25 he's talking about:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?s...qualified=false

Oakland, Washington, Denver, and New Orleans had two receivers on that lost.

So 8 of the 25 belong as pairs to one team.

Now look at the QB's that the WR's had throwing to them. And that's where your argument falls apart.

The quality of QB's throwing their receivers the rock? It would be disrespectful to try and compare our QB situation to those guys, which makes Pryor getting over 1000 that much more impressive.

Posted By: CalDawg Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 11:21 PM
Quote:
It would be disrespectful to try and compare our QB situation to those guys, which makes Pryor getting over 1000 that much more impressive.

Unless you factor in that he was practically the only receiver the QB threw to for most of the season. Barnidge & Hawk, virtually invisible. Coleman, injured, dropsies, and virtually invisible. The others... invisible.

Also, number of targets and number of receptions need to be factored in. He's basically DeAndre Hopkins or Michael Crabtree. His stats don't put him in the top twenty. His potential might put him higher, but paying him top five money, for example, would be ludicrous. I'm really curious about the number Rosenhaus is seeking.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/02/17 11:55 PM
j/c:

Brown's fans slay me. Y'all bad mouth guys who produce like Pryor and Crow, and praise duds like Erving and Kessler. It's been that way for years.

Mind boggling.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/03/17 01:37 AM
pay the man
Posted By: candyman92 Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/03/17 02:46 AM
j/c:

Brown's fans slay me. Y'all bad mouth guys who produce like Pryor and Crow, and praise duds like Erving and Kessler. It's been that way for years.

Mind boggling.

I love how he compares him to Hopkins who is a beast lol
Posted By: MrTed Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/03/17 02:50 AM
j/c:

Mind boggling.

Respectfully sir, I don't recall anyone praising Erving at all, in fact most people have been down on him for getting owned on the line all year, and Kessler hasn't gotten more in a game day thread than a 'solid back up' grade.

Crow hasn't 'produced' that damn much, the guy usually trips over blades of grass tossed by light breezes. Sure he's had the proverbial 'flash of brilliance', especially these last two weeks but it's not like he's had huge bursts all year long that warrant some special 'we gotta get this guy' type praise.

Pryor? Yeah, pay him. So long as we upgrade the line for RGIII while we're at it.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/03/17 03:31 AM
Originally Posted By: MrTed

Sure he's had the proverbial 'flash of brilliance', especially these last two weeks but it's not like he's had huge bursts all year long that warrant some special 'we gotta get this guy' type praise.

geez. what do you have to do to get some praise? Crowell did exceptionally well this year.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/03/17 12:48 PM
Erving has gotten all kinds of praise. People also have made a ton of excuses for him. You saying it isn't so, doesn't change a thing.

Crow is a good running back, but guys like you trash him.

This is exactly what I was talking about.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/03/17 01:34 PM
Erving has gotten all kinds of praise. People also have made a ton of excuses for him. You saying it isn't so, doesn't change a thing.

You might wanna leave the imaginary world and come back to reality. I don't see ANYONE praising Erving at all and I'm in the game day threads every time the game is televised where I live.

I don't 'trash' crow, I'll cheer him when he does well (like this week) and criticize him when he trips over air (try and deny it).

The man only had 4 games over 100 yards this year. One game where he didn't even break 5 yards and two others where he didn't even break 20 yards.

Some of that can be blamed on play calling, and a lot of it can be blamed on blocking.

I won't call him a good running back or a bad one till he gets a good line.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/03/17 01:49 PM
Imaginary world? LOL..............Have a nice day, Ted.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/03/17 02:38 PM
I will! You do the same my friend!
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/03/17 08:44 PM
Originally Posted By: candyman92
j/c:

Mind boggling.

I love how he compares him to Hopkins who is a beast lol

I love how you don't know what j/c means. lol
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 01:58 AM

You might wanna leave the imaginary world and come back to reality. I don't see ANYONE praising Erving at all and I'm in the game day threads every time the game is televised where I live.

I don't 'trash' crow, I'll cheer him when he does well (like this week) and criticize him when he trips over air (try and deny it).

The man only had 4 games over 100 yards this year. One game where he didn't even break 5 yards and two others where he didn't even break 20 yards.

Some of that can be blamed on play calling, and a lot of it can be blamed on blocking.

if you are counting 100 yard games, are you also counting how many carries he had per game too?
Posted By: MrTed Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 02:17 AM
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk

if you are counting 100 yard games, are you also counting how many carries he had per game too?

Like I said, some of it I blame on play calling and a lot of it can be blamed on blocking.

Which is why I've been calling for a better line all season.

Crows 2016 Stats from NFL.com
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 02:24 AM
4.8 ypc @ 198 attempts.. Not to mention he caught 40 passes avg 8 yards per catch. i just dont see how anyone can bash the guy.

Posted By: MrTed Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 02:37 AM
Have you people not seen him at least two, three times a game trip over NOTHING, most of the time behind the line of scrimmage? Run right into the back of a lineman when there's no hole to run through rather than try to take it outside?

I'm not BASHING him, I'm being objective. Like I said in the post you quoted. I'll say he's good or bad when he A: Has a good line in front of him and B: Gets enough calls a game to make a difference.

So, we'll just have to wait till next year to see how that goes. Cause he didn't get enough calls per game consistently and he certainly didn't have the run support from the OL to get a good look at him.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 03:12 AM
Have you people not seen him at least two, three times a game trip over NOTHING, most of the time behind the line of scrimmage? Run right into the back of a lineman when there's no hole to run through rather than try to take it outside?

I'm not BASHING him, I'm being objective. Like I said in the post you quoted. I'll say he's good or bad when he A: Has a good line in front of him and B: Gets enough calls a game to make a difference.

So, we'll just have to wait till next year to see how that goes. Cause he didn't get enough calls per game consistently and he certainly didn't have the run support from the OL to get a good look at him.

I've seen exactly what you are talking about. I was constantly PO'd at him last season because of how many times he busted through the line than tripped forward and fell down.

BUT...

I haven't seen that from him nearly as often this season. When he does revert to that I think it has more to do with him mentally than physically. When he does that I think he's being impatient trying to make things happen. Like he's desperate to hit the hole. When you look at his big runs this year, he's more patient and a lot more confident when he hits the hole. He's made a lot of progress since last season.

Speaking of RB's... how about a quick shout out to Duke! I swear in almost every game this year he puts on a move where the defender loses his jock strap on the field. thumbsup
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 03:16 AM
I can explain the supposed tripping thing if anyone is interested.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 03:40 AM

Supposed? Are you trying to tell me I didn't see what I saw? Please continue, this oughta be good.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 03:43 AM
This oughta be good?

This is twice today you have mocked me.

Why?
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 03:46 AM

He definitely leaves some yards on the field. Whats your take on it?
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 03:49 AM

Cam Erving has clown sized feet? naughtydevil
Posted By: MrTed Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 03:53 AM
This oughta be good?

This is twice today you have mocked me.

Why?

Mocked? No, sorry attempts at light hearted ribbing, but not mocking. However...

As I said earlier, I'm in every game day thread that is televised where I live and I have yet to see one person in 16 weeks saying one good thing about Cam Erving. Didn't see any love in the posts that I read in the Post Game thoughts threads either, hence the 'imaginary world' comment.

Far as Crow tripping, he actually trips. I've been alive for 49 1/2 years or so, so I know what tripping looks like.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 04:12 AM
Before I begin, I wanna say that I played the position and coached. Not saying that to brag, but I do have a bit of insight into RBs.

I think Crow has really good feet. He has quick feet. He can change direction quickly. Think back to the SD game. He ran right outside the 8 hole. The defender came up quickly and was about to kill him. Crow stopped on a dime, cut back and gained positive yards. Very impressive run even if it wasn't for big yards.

Now, at first, I was a bit perplexed w/some of his "stumbling" moves, but the more I watched him, I realized what was going on. Crow runs w/a great forward lean. That is one of the things we coach. Forward lean is huge. Fall forward. Do not get knocked backwards.

When Crow sees that there isn't a hole there and defenders are free, he lowers his shoulders and attempts to dive forward to get as many yards as he can. Does he always read it properly? No, but I see what he is doing. He's trying to avoid negative attempts.

Now, if you are open minded...........think about all the quick cuts the dude has made in the holes. How he makes guys miss. How he jump cuts better than most of the backs in the league. How he can shimmy through narrow holes.

No guys, this is not a man w/bad feet. This is a man w/very good feet and who dives forward when he thinks there is a chance he is going to lose yards.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 04:20 AM
Fair enough, I do think your explanation is 'excusing' him a bit though. He's gone down when no ones touched him, on occasion when no one is even near him.

But I do see his potential. Hopefully the analytics guys see the need for an offensive line.
Posted By: eotab Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 02:51 PM
This isn't the early 2000's. There really isn't a "cap hell" anymore. Some teams are close to the limit, but it's easy to fix. Posters on this board make way too big of a deal about overpaying players.

My statement of overpaying has nothing to do with my concerns of the cap. By the time we get close to needing space we could always trade him if we want.

My concern is that it sets a precedent that all other players needing to be resigned - the Agents will use Pryor's contract as the starting point in negotiations. That is why we have to be careful. Do we wish to Over Pay on the position of WR??? Especially when Pryor still need to improve a lot as good as he is there are a lot he does that is not executed well.

Will be pay for what he MIGHT become cause he is not there yet. It is a slippery slope. I'm not worried about the Cap right now. I think Collins is worth the money I am not so sure that Pryor is.

I hope he signs and gets a very fair and lucrative contract...just not one of the Top WR contracts.

jmho
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 06:25 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab

I hope he signs and gets a very fair and lucrative contract...just not one of the Top WR contracts.

Pryor won't remain in Cleveland for a "fair" contract. He's going to want top dollar. It shouldnt be record setting, but he should get something comparable to any other 1000 yard WR.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/04/17 09:06 PM
Quote:
Speaking of RB's... how about a quick shout out to Duke! I swear in almost every game this year he puts on a move where the defender loses his jock strap on the field.

I used this quote yesterday, in regards to a LBJ cross-court pass, but it works for Duke as well:

"That was so ill, it required antibiotics."

Some of those moves are just off the charts good. I hope this FO builds the O for cold weather and features the run twice as much as they did this year.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Shout out to Terrelle Pryor - 01/05/17 03:04 PM
Human nature to like what you are good at, so get better at the run and you will love the run more. I would like to see us run more as well. A better run-blocking line is necessary. Not sure I want all-new draft guys for this. Drango times four isn't the menu for success, not yet. Feed Crow and Duke more. We have not been a good "run to pass" team yet, but we are closer. Regardless, no lead we put up was safe, repeatedly , with is defense and its secondary. Their slack put us into a different offensive slate as chosen by Hue. A part of this won't be solved by a draft. We need to look at the football philosophy that drove repeated losses and re-tool them where need be.
© DawgTalkers.net