DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: edromeo Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/15/17 07:45 PM

The aim of this thread is to conduct a layman's evaluation and discussion of QBs by looking at games/game cut-ups.

Watson, Trubs already have threads for film breakdown.
Instead of making threads for all the prospects the rest can be combined here.

http://draftbreakdown.com/

noonkick.com

All are welcome with the expectation that specific games and plays will be discussed.
Posted By: edromeo Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/15/17 08:05 PM
Getting it started with the shortest tape from each of the remaining prospects:

Davis Webb vs Utah (2016)

Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/22/17 12:25 AM
I was talking with someone today about Webb. I didn't really know anything about him. I was told Hue liked him from the Senior Bowl and that there are ties to him and the Browns. He changed his social media picture to him wearing a Browns hat.

I was kind of informed that Hue likes his height and his arm. I guess he was named Team Captain at both Collages he played at. And was very respected by the Players and Coaches.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/22/17 12:26 AM
That's interesting information. Is the guy who told you that usually reliable?
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/22/17 12:39 AM
Yes he is. He comes down from Cleveland every Tuesday to my work. He studies films of players and talked about Hues connection with the schools he played at. He also talked about the Mahomes and Goff situations..
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/22/17 12:58 AM
Awesome. Keep sharing. Would love to hear it.
Posted By: BpG Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/22/17 02:44 AM

The kids twitter Avi, definitely interesting.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/22/17 03:10 AM
If I won the MVP of an All-Star game, I'd probably use that as my avatar on social media. It just so happens that he was on the team that was coached by the Browns.

Also, where did they get that hat? The local corner store? Janky.
Posted By: HotBYoungTurk Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/22/17 11:55 AM
Day by day, Kaaya is growing on me.

Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/22/17 12:44 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Also, where did they get that hat? The local corner store? Janky.

Most Browns hats are ugly. Its just what it is.
Posted By: dean_fairchild Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/22/17 05:12 PM
The Brown's give those hats away. They have too.....
Posted By: eotab Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/24/17 01:11 PM
Originally Posted By: BpG

The kids twitter Avi, definitely interesting.

If I remember correctly a lot of the teams who are designated as Coaches for a North or South side of the Senior Bowl often give out team T-Shirts, Hats and other tid bits like that to their players.

I do like Webb if we miss out on Trubisky...don't know where he would have to go. but he has a lively arm and good head to join the Group that needs to be groomed...way better than Hogan if you ask me.

jmho
Posted By: BigWillieStyle Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/24/17 01:36 PM
Him and Mahomes are shooting up the "mock" drafts right now. Most have Pat going in the mid to late first/early 2nd, and have Webb going anywhere from 33 to the early 3rd. I would imagine it would take 2/20 to be safe.
Posted By: BpG Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/25/17 12:39 AM

we can't delete posts these days?
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/25/17 08:38 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this ...

Davis Webb - QB - Player

Cal QB Davis Webb claims he was told he is a "first-round guy" by "double-digit teams."
"Every meeting I've had, they've said I'm one of the best quarterbacks on the board," Webb added. Clemson's Deshaun Watson and UNC's Mitchell Trubisky are generally thought to be the top quarterbacks in the draft, but after that it is a bit of a mess. Notre Dame's DeShone Kizer and Texas Tech's Patrick Mahomes, who Webb was not able to beat out for a starting job in Lubbock, usually round out the top four, but it will not be surprising if Webb jumps one or both on draft day.

Source: ESPN Mar 25 - 12:15 PM
Posted By: ThatGuy Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/25/17 08:43 PM
"YOU GET A QUARTERBACK!"

"YOU GET A QUARTERBACK!"

"EVERYONE GETS A QUARTERBACK!"
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 03/25/17 08:47 PM
This is how I close all my job interviews.
"Yep. I got a pretty big schedule and a lot of meetings today.. Got one with Vice and MTV news... They both want to make me the CEO. Can you believe that? So if you could get back to me on this internship by the end of the month, that'd be great."
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 04/26/17 01:31 PM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
This is how I close all my job interviews.
"Yep. I got a pretty big schedule and a lot of meetings today.. Got one with Vice and MTV news... They both want to make me the CEO. Can you believe that? So if you could get back to me on this internship by the end of the month, that'd be great."

Quite the tactic and I like it. Almost as good as telling the interviewer that you could see yourself having their job within two years
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 04/27/17 05:16 PM
Scrub to around 4:37

Very impressive. I think Foster is going to be a great player, I just don't think we should be drafting him when linebacker is one of our only strong positions.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 04/27/17 05:58 PM
when linebacker is one of our only strong positions.

It is???
Since when?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 04/27/17 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
when linebacker is one of our only strong positions.

It is???
Since when?

We have Collins and Kirksey. We will be playing only two linebackers most of the time. They are both good starters.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 04/27/17 07:13 PM
We have Collins - who is a solid starter, probably even above average.
Kirksey is average.

Neither is what I would consider "stud" or "game changer". If you can draft that, you do it.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 04/27/17 07:37 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
We have Collins - who is a solid starter, probably even above average.
Kirksey is average.

Neither is what I would consider "stud" or "game changer". If you can draft that, you do it.

Kirksey was pretty good last year. Even if you think he is only average, linebacker is one of the only spots without a gaping hole. If you draft Foster, one of Collins or Kirksey will have to sit the majority of the time.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 04/27/17 07:51 PM
But, you've still completely solidified a key position group with a player that can also help the pass rush and run stopping which makes the DL more effective as well (which in turn helps make the secondary more effective).

Game changer. Cascading effects.
You cannot disregard great talents just because you have needs elsewhere.

Now - if you are looking at this guy and say a FS or some other position of higher "need", and they are roughly equal in the impact you believe they will have... then yes, you can let "need" be the tie breaker, but in all other cases, go with Best Talent, especially when most of our entire roster is just a bunch of guys.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Film Breakdown: The Other Guys - 04/27/17 07:52 PM
I agree with what you are saying, but I think might higher view of Kirksey makes me think that our linebacker group is already solidified.
© DawgTalkers.net