DawgTalkers.net
Suspect in fatal California cop shooting is in US illegally, authorities say

https://www.foxnews.com/us/suspect-in-fa...authorities-say

The suspect sought in connection with the murder of a California cop earlier this week is in the U.S. illegally, authorities revealed on Thursday.

The unidentified man alleged to be behind the slaying of Newman police Cpl. Ronil Singh, 33, “is considered armed and dangerous,” Stanislaus County Sheriff Adam Christianson said during a news conference on Thursday afternoon, vowing that the manhunt would “relentlessly continue.”

“This suspect … is in our country illegally. He doesn’t belong here. He is a criminal. We will find him, we will arrest him, we will bring him to justice,” Christianson said.

Singh was shot and killed during a traffic stop just before 1 a.m. Wednesday in Newman, about 100 miles southeast of San Francisco, according to police.

The suspect was stopped by Singh for a DUI investigation before engaging in a gunfight with the officer, during which Singh tried to defend himself, Christianson said.

Singh had called in the traffic stop and reported "shots fired" over his radio a few minutes later, sheriff's officials previously said. The suspect fled when backup officers arrived to assist Singh, who was then rushed to a hospital. He later died from his gunshot wounds, the department said.

Surveillance photos released of the suspect showed him inside the Newman Food Store shortly before the fatal attack. Police also located the truck the suspect is believed to have driven.

Authorities urged the suspect, still thought to be in the vicinity, to turn himself in.

“We strongly encourage him to surrender himself peacefully so we can bring closure to this senseless act of violence,” Christianson said. He added that he’s hopeful law enforcement “may have him in custody sooner than later.”

Singh was a native of Fiji and left behind a wife and 5-month-old son. The officer, who joined the force in the summer of 2011, was remembered fondly by the Newman police chief, who said Singh “truly loved what he did.”

“He came to this country with one purpose, and that was to serve this country,” Chief Randy Richardson said, declaring that “a coward took his life.”

Richardson pleaded for help in apprehending the suspect and urged him to surrender.

“We need closure. His family needs closure,” Richardson said.

President Trump addressed the manhunt on Twitter on Thursday, in connection with his persistent calls for a wall at the southern border with Mexico.

“There is right now a full scale manhunt going on in California for an illegal immigrant accused of shooting and killing a police officer during a traffic stop,” Trump tweeted. “Time to get tough on Border Security. Build the Wall!”
Its sad to think that people on here aided and abetted this criminal.
It's sadder that people on here aided and abetted Dylan who shot and killed 9 black church-going members. It's really sad that troubled white dudes go into our public schools and murder children.

Y'all can start as many threads as you want, but no one kills like white folks do.
There's one!
And there is one who aided and abetted Dyan Roof. Congrats.
I would have told Dyan Roof NO! What you are doing is WRONG and done my best to stop him.

You on the other hand tell sad and tearful stories about these criminals and do everything you can to let them in to our country.

Shame!
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
There's one!

That's true thumbsup
This would never have happened if we didn't have cops thumbsup
I would have told Dyan Roof NO! What you are doing is WRONG and done my best to stop him.

You on the other hand tell sad and tearful stories about these criminals and do everything you can to let them in to our country.

Shame!

Exactly right...
Originally Posted By: Vambo

Shame!

Exactly right...

Because we are Conservative, red blooded Americans who care about our fellow citizens. thumbsup

Unlike them.

Shame!

Exactly right...

Because we are Conservative, red blooded Americans who care about our fellow citizens. thumbsup

Unlike them.

They don't care about people just power. notallthere

40 would rather help a mass shooter than his victims rofl

40 loves aiding and abetting mass shooters, but only when they're white.
That's Racist!

Shame! tsktsk
That's Racist!

Shame! tsktsk

You should stop doing it then rofl
That's Racist!

Shame! tsktsk

Exactly thumbsup You can't get through to people like that. notallthere
Jesus!
Is Lord.
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Jesus!

'You Shall Not Take the Lord's Name in Vain'
That's Racist!

Shame! tsktsk

Exactly thumbsup You can't get through to people like that. notallthere

And that's why people point and laugh at you instead of responding rofl rofl
Oh look everybody! It's yet another Vambo and 40 circle smirk where the devalue brown people!
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Oh look everybody! It's yet another Vambo and 40 circle smirk where the devalue brown people!

They got their ass handed to them so badly by PDF that they had to create a new thread rofl

PDF has them running scared! Well, more scared than they are naturally.
And there's one more!

Left's playbook

1. Accuse Racism

2. Deny your right to speak

3. Using the mob mentality

4. Play the victim

5. Appeal to authority fallacy
And there's one more!

I got your "there's one" 40, guess what you can do with it.
And there's one more!

And there's one more!
And there's one more!

And there's one more!

prolly wants a cracker.
And there's one more!

And there's one more!

prolly wants a cracker.

You do? saywhat
And there's one more!

And there's one more!

prolly wants a cracker.

You do? saywhat

V's a good parrot, yes he is! But he only likes white crackers.

prolly wants a cracker.

That's Racist!

Shame!

Left's playbook

1. Accuse Racism

4. Play the victim

Left's playbook

1. Accuse Racism

4. Play the victim

Still dragging this out and dusting it off even though it never works for you... definition of NUTS.

Left's playbook

1. Accuse Racism

4. Play the victim

Still dragging this out and dusting it off even though it never works for you... definition of NUTS.

It works for me.

prolly wants a cracker.

That's Racist!

Shame!

You NEVER get to say shame to anyone. You have no concept of shame, or morals, or character.

Left's playbook

1. Accuse Racism

4. Play the victim

It works for me.

It's true that's how it works. thumbsup

prolly wants a cracker.

That's Racist!

Shame!

Right's playbook

1. Accuse Racism

4. Play the victim

That's right, it is Racist!

BooooooooooooooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOO
Wow!
Wow!

Singh was a native of Fiji and left behind a wife and 5-month-old son.
I am grateful you put that in enlarged, green font because I never could have read it if you just posted it in regular text.

LOL
Left's playbook

1. Accuse Racism

4. Play the victim

You’ve posted cartoons from the wildly anti-Semitic cartoonist Ben Garrison. You posted an anti-Semitic rant from Kevin McCarthy that McCarthy himself scrambled to scrub from the internet the day after the synagogue shootings. You’ve posted over 50+ links to the virulently racist and anti-Semitic website Breitbart, and in an attempt to defend the site asked “What’s racist about a publication having a “Black Crime” section?”. You’ve repeatedly posted clips from Milo Yiannopoulos lectures, a man who was banned from Twitter for instructing his followers to send pictures of apes to a black actress, and banned from PayPal for sending Nazi symbols to Jewish journalists.

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. I can keep going with examples. At a certain point, the whole “the left is baselessly accusing racism” stuff kind of rings hollow.
It's sad,, Very sad that the officer was killed...

But to bring this up to show how bad the immigrant issue is is well, rather weak.

Look at who killed Americans at Parkland, Sandy Hook, Oklahoma city, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas and many more.

All done by Born in the USA types. The Boston Marathon was committed by Non American born, but frankly, the majority of mass killings are perpetrated US Citizens Born Here.

It's funny, I don't hear many people talking about any Gun Control issues...

I guess it's okay if an American uses a Semi Auto gun to kill a bunch Americans, but if illegal alien kills someone, damn, we better drop $30 billion to build a wall that wouldn't have stopped the guy from getting here anyway.

To hell with citizens in Michigan still dealing with bad water or our crumbling roads and bridges and tunnels, or helping homeless veterans.. None of that matter, we need to build A wall I guess.

Nutty
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

But to bring this up to show how bad the immigrant issue is is well, rather weak.

Look at who killed Americans at Parkland, Sandy Hook, Oklahoma city, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas and many more.

All done by Born in the USA types. The Boston Marathon was committed by Non American born, but frankly, the majority of mass killings are perpetrated US Citizens Born Here.

I guess it's okay if an American uses a Semi Auto gun to kill a bunch Americans, but if illegal alien kills someone, damn, we better drop $30 billion to build a wall that wouldn't have stopped the guy from getting here anyway.

To hell with citizens in Michigan still dealing with bad water or our crumbling roads and bridges and tunnels, or helping homeless veterans.. None of that matter, we need to build A wall I guess.

Nutty

Racism isn’t exactly logical.
I still think the funniest thing about this is that Trump spent *literal years* going on doddering old man rants where he would brag about how high and beautiful his wall would be, and then ask rhetorically “and who’s going to pay for it?” and all the racist rubes sad enough to show up to hear him ramble would yell “MEXICO!” and he would say something like “100%!” or “No doubt!” and all the simpletons would cheer.

They actually believed it!

And now they’re reduced to begging for $5 billion in taxpayer money so they can build a mile or two of what has now become a cheap fence.
Are you sure? Vambo and 40 seem so logical! rofl
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Nutty

Wrong.

We have to deal with our own citizen terrorists because that is the price we pay for freedom.

Allowing or supporting illegal aliens to steal into our country to commit crimes and kill OUR OWN citizens is above and beyond the call of Stupidity!
California illegal immigrant ‘cop-killer’ taken into custody, officials say

The illegal immigrant fugitive wanted in the murder of a California police officer is in custody Friday after being on the run for more than two days, Fox News confirms.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-illegal-immigrant-cop-killer-taken-into-custody-officials-say

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

The illegal immigrant fugitive wanted in the murder of a California police officer is in custody Friday after being on the run for more than two days, Fox News confirms.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-illegal-immigrant-cop-killer-taken-into-custody-officials-say

Great Job! thumbsup

Shame!

Exactly right...

Unlike them.

rofl “I don’t care. Do you” rofl Conservatives caring about their fellow citizens. rofl Yeah defunding family programs, cutting healthcare while implying they care more than liberals who volunteer for habitats for humanity, the Red Cross, and food banks in the USA
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Shame!

Exactly right...

Unlike them.

rofl “I don’t care. Do you” rofl Conservatives caring about their fellow citizens. rofl Yeah defunding family programs, cutting healthcare while implying they care more than liberals who volunteer for habitats for humanity, the Red Cross, and food banks in the USA

Do not tell me you care until you stand up for the innocent, the helpless, the unborn. If you cannot stand up for them then you have no heart.
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
Do not tell me you care until you stand up for the innocent, the helpless, the unborn. If you cannot stand up for them then you have no heart.

Wait, don’t you like Donald Trump?
Originally Posted By: PDF

Yes, He has made my wallet fatter, made Jerusalem a priority, done more for Christian values than any President in my lifetime. Maybe all Presidents in my lifetime combined. That includes Ronald Reagan who I still admire. Put 2 strong conservative judges on the supreme court. He put Americans first in everything. He is our President. He should! Protecting our border is important.

Yes, He has made my wallet fatter, made Jerusalem a priority, done more for Christian values than any President in my lifetime. Maybe all Presidents in my lifetime combined. That includes Ronald Reagan who I still admire. Put 2 strong conservative judges on the supreme court. He put Americans first in everything. He is our President. He should! Protecting our border is important.

Dude, if you’re going to rave about Donald Trump - a guy who made a living running scams on the elderly, and who brags about how he likes to barge in on 14 year old girls so he can see them naked, you might want to hold off on the self-righteous screeds about defending the innocent and the helpless.
Dude is apocalyptic. I've never seen so many people want to live out Revelations.
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Dude is apocalyptic. I've never seen so many people want to live out Revelations.

I'm still laughing at Day of the Dawg trying to claim that Donald Trump is representing Christian values.

It's like words don't have any meaning.

Great Job! thumbsup

Execute him immediately!!!!!!!!!
J\C

I still searching for a conservative here that defended Dylan ROOF while the haters here are defending a illegal criminal that killed an innocent cop that left a child and wife behind ….Watta shameful minded person that said it....I hope that their girl Pelosi is enjoy her vacation in HAWAII WHILE THEY ARE BURYING THE GREAT AMERICAN HERO.
Its a real shame on the United States that we have people in office such as Pelosi and Schumer that are directly causing deaths to American citizens. I mean normally there's not data to back that up but here its a cut and dry proof of their policy, no two ways about it.

I'm too young to remember this, but at one time wasn't California a republican state? What happened?
Thoughts and prayers to the victim. I’m betting his killer was armed with a legally purchased gun bought in the good ole USA.
Guy wouldn't even be here if we had better immigration policies and no sanctuary cities. How many more US citizens are going to have to get killed before sanctuary cities are dissolved?

Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Guy wouldn't even be here if we had better immigration policies and no sanctuary cities.

Ok so? And it can can also be said hundreds of US school shootings wouldn’t have happened if we had better gun control policies.
Yeah Tasty the good ole gun control issue is another one of their deflection beauties ...because the ANGRY OLD WHITE MEN [CONSERATIVES]at fault for those illegal killers to procure guns ...Oh Wait Im wrong , it was OBAMA-HOLTER that gave us fast and furious that flooded the border with all those assault weapons, hardly a bunch of OLD WHITE MEN.
Quote:
I’m too young to remember this, but at one time wasn't California a republican state? What happened?

Ronald Reagan.
Pete Wilson and Prop 187 did a number too.

What's fascinating these days is the number of California Republicans in the national spotlight, as well as how much of the alt right is based there.

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/19/17841946/trump-conservatism-california-gop-shapiro-midterms-2018
I’m running as a republican 2020.
Originally Posted By: Swish

Become a political commentator. A black vet and a Republican. You're going to make a killing in donations. Of course you and Candace Owens will have to fight each other to the death first. Not enough room for both of y'all.

You do realize there's a new rule in place where you have to invest 10k in Trump Steaks to qualify as a Republican politician now, right? I mean it's only for newbies, but still.
I’d never make it bro. I’m not a good actor, and even worse at outright lying.

But it would be fun to watch Fox News and msnbc have no clue what to do with me. It would be worth it just for the laughs alone.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

You do realize there's a new rule in place where you have to invest 10k in Trump Steaks to qualify as a Republican politician now, right? I mean it's only for newbies, but still.

I can only put up 100 bucks for trump steaks, bro.
I wonder how do I start the process? Pull a tomi Lahren and start ranting on social media? Start whining about illegals? Maybe praise tucker Carlson?

Become a political commentator. A black vet and a Republican.

You could be the first 'black rino'. tongue I guess Colin Powell already has that designation.
Originally Posted By: fishtheice

Become a political commentator. A black vet and a Republican.

You could be the first 'black rino'. tongue

Might get a yacht out of it though. Tell 40 to call that Slovakian crew of his.
I wonder how do I start the process? Pull a tomi Lahren and start ranting on social media? Start whining about illegals? Maybe praise tucker Carlson?

Youtube rants. That's how Cons talk to each other. Don't even bother writing anything, very few have the ability to read anything longer than a paragraph.

1. Accuse the Democrats of being the racists (Make sure to say "Democratic Plantation" a lot of times)
2. Talk about the importance of "western culture" and how great it is.
3. Talk about the importance of the military. Remind them that they're only free because you served.
4. Talk about how the military improves gun culture. Makes people more safe around guns.
5. Be completely hyperbolic.

After that, just post your video to a bunch of Republican subreddits and make sure to set up a patreon.
If I add #6. Praise Jordan Peterson, I might very well be on my way.

I won’t have to worry about the cons on this board blowing our plot, because nobody will believe them anyway.
Yeah, you're pretty much going to have to get into the Jordan Peterson, Dave Rubin circle. That's where they make all the real money.
I would open with the Bill Cosby “pull up your pants” route. That gummy idiot Charlie Kirk would drop Owens for you in a heartbeat. Once you’re on that circuit, start talking about how all women want it, and rape isn’t real, which should catch Dave Rubin’s attention. Once you’ve got 3 or 4 Rubin Report appearances under your belt, inappropriately grope a few women and post a bunch of Ocasio-Cortez memes on Instagram until Don Jr. notices. Then start complaining about millenials and their dang phones to bring in the Breitbart grandpas. Use your Breitbart column to propose drones that fire lasers at the children of immigrants, which Guatemala will pay for. That should take you to 2022, when you can take to Twitter and cry that Tomi Lahren was being “very unfair” when she asked you during the primary debate what you meant when you said that “period blood attracts bears and causes humor imbalances in the brain”.
Bro if I went this route, the GOP would pass legislation to lower the age requirement, allowing me to challenge trump in 2020 and become president.
Bro it'll never work.

You'll have to quit whining

You'll have to quit thinking Dems give a Damn about poor people

You'll have to quit putting skin color ahead of America

You'll have to quit thinking open boarders is a good idea

You'll have to quit voting against everything Military

You'll have to quit thinking everybody and everything is Racist

You'll have to quit being offended if you see a statue or flag

You'll have to quit trying to resist Trump just because he is Trump. Some of his ideas really work.

You'll have to quit agreeing with people that spend $4500 for a sex change for his Kitty .(PDF). I'm not a Democrat so I won't tell him how to spend his money but a childrens hospital might have been a bettr choice.
what a nonsense post.

if i ran, i'd be saving the gop from people like you.
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
Bro it'll never work.

You'll have to quit whining

Donald Trump is a soft crybaby who spends everyday whimpering about Don Lemon or Vanity Fair or Morning Joe being mean and unfair to him.

"No whining" is most definitely not a GOP prerequisite.
lmao who needs national healthcare when everyone just gives $4500 to a hospital? rofl
lmao who needs national healthcare when everyone just gives $4500 to a hospital? rofl

I love that he’s so bad at this that he thinks “you paid a veterinarian when your pet was sick” is an insult.

Also Dawg Duty - you gotta pick a lane, guy. I can’t be spending too extravagantly for your tastes *and* be broke and unemployed in my mom’s basement.
TRUMP: Kelly Ripa said some truly nasty things about me that really hurt my feelings. Very unfair!

DAWG DUTY: No whining in the GOP
Guess I touched a nerve with you manly Liberals.
Saying blatantly false things doesn’t equal touching a nerve.

That’s the same logic that people use when they get called out for saying stupid crap. The typical “PC” excuse.

No, we were just mocking you because you listed “no whining” as the first tenet of the GOP, which doesn’t make sense considering the current president is an overgrown baby who spends every day whining about people being mean and unfair to him.

Yeah, you hit me right on the funny bone. That's why I can't stop laughing at you.
I find humor in all you Liberals

And PDF, Trump has to use twitter because Fake News is ....well Fake. Trump didn't visit the Troops and now when he does over Christmas and then stays in Washington over the holidays they say he is hiding in the Whitehouse.Liberals are ridiculous.
I find humor in all you Liberals

And PDF, Trump has to use twitter because Fake News is ....well Fake. Trump didn't visit the Troops and now when he does over Christmas and then stays in Washington over the holidays they say he is hiding in the Whitehouse.Liberals are ridiculous.

This is incoherent gibberish and does nothing to address the absurdity of you claiming that the first tenet of the GOP is “no whining” despite the fact that the current president is a soft crybaby that whines constantly.
I'm staring a GoFundMe for Swish's Republican campaign. Come on, y'all.........we can raise a grand.

But it would be fun to watch Fox News and msnbc have no clue what to do with me. It would be worth it just for the laughs alone.

The RNC could read all the nice things you've said about conservatives on this board since 2013 to Fox News. That would be pretty funny!

The RNC could read all the nice things you've said about conservatives on this board since 2013 to Fox News. That would be pretty funny!

Seeing as how the current president ripped conservatives and the GOP for most of his life, going as far as taking out several full page ads to explain how weak and misguided Ronald Reagan was, I don’t think that would be much of an obstacle for Swish.

they could, but i could just simply deny deny deny, and claim i never posted here.

or just do what conservatives do all the time: deflect and play whatabout. there's also plenty of other things to do, so its too easy to get around whatever i posted on this site.
I'm staring a GoFundMe for Swish's Republican campaign. Come on, y'all.........we can raise a grand.

thanks bro. but i can just get the koch brothers to fund my campaign.
Quote:
I’m too young to remember this, but at one time wasn't California a republican state? What happened?

Ronald Reagan.

I was looking for a more thought out answer. Maybe it was a population shift or something, I don't know. I know some that have lived there for decades and they've said everything has gotten worse from what it used to be in the 60's,70's,80's.
Quote:

Ronald Reagan.

I was looking for a more thought out answer. Maybe it was a population shift or something, I don't know. I know some that have lived there for decades and they've said everything has gotten worse from what it used to be in the 60's,70's,80's.

Reagan was a terrible governor whose economic and education policies devastated the state.

And as gage noted, Pete Wilson was the last gasp of GOP leadership there. There have been a few other instances of GOP-affiliated leadership, but they’ve been what many conservatives would call “RINO”.

They used to have certain strangleholds, like Orange County, but even those have slipped away. One could argue why, but my guess would be the insane GOP policies of “durr, climate change isn’t real”. These people may be fiscally conservative, but they’re at the front lines of the issue, and these facile denials of reality are tough to swallow.
I found this article that talks about why and how California turned blue when it was once a red state.

https://www.the-american-interest.com/2017/03/27/the-real-reason-california-turned-blue/

The Real Reason California Turned Blue
JASON WILLICK
The liberal tilt of minority voters doesn’t by itself account for the magnitude of California’s Democratic supermajority.

The State of California has long been thought of as the vanguard of American progressive politics, offering a preview of the Democratic Party’s (and in many cases the country’s) leftward drift. But in the Age of Trump, it’s clear that the Golden State has helped shape modern trends on the Right as well. California has incubated an influential group of Trump-friendly intellectuals and operatives—from Silicon Valley neoreactionaries to West Coast Straussians to Trump advisers Stephen Miller and Peter Thiel. Isolated from conservative power centers, and struggling to explain their own lack of influence in an increasingly blue enclave, an eclectic group of California-based thinkers has proven particularly amenable to Trump’s populist nationalism, and especially his hostility to the massive immigrant inflows that have reshaped the state.

In the Atlantic, Rosie Gray profiles another such figure—Sacramento-born and Berkeley-educated writer and business executive Michael Anton, author of the famous “Flight 93” (“charge the cockpit or you die”) essay, who now sits on Trump’s National Security Council. Gray highlights the way Anton’s politics have been “shaped by the peculiar politics of California, a state buffeted by competing cultural and political forces in the postwar era; immigration, the tech boom, and decades of mostly liberal governance.” She quotes Charles Kesler, the pro-Trump editor of the Claremont Review of Books as saying “the promise of California has soured” and that Anton “doesn’t want California to be the harbinger of what happens to America.”

What exactly did happen to California? The standard explanation focuses on immigration. The state was ground zero for a massive influx of foreigners, especially from Latin America, in the 1980s and 1990s; these immigrants and their children are more likely to vote for Democrats than are native-born whites. Conservatives tried to restrict immigration by passing a referendum cutting off illegal immigrant access to most public services in 1996. This measure was overturned by the courts, and, the thinking goes, only further poisoned the Republican Party’s image in the mind of most Latino voters. Mass immigration continued; Latinos now make up almost 40 percent of the population, essentially blocking the GOP in its current form from statewide office. This is one reason the “charge the cockpit” analogy appeals to conservative hardliners: If you don’t, the Californification of the country will continue, and demographic change will obliterate any hope of a conservative Republican majority.

This reasoning isn’t crazy; it’s true that Hispanic and Asian immigration is one reason California has turned into a one-party state. But the Democratic advantage among minority voters doesn’t by itself account for the magnitude of California’s Democratic supermajority; California’s white population has become significantly more liberal over time as well. Nationwide, white voters voted for Donald Trump by a more than 20 point margin; California’s whites, who had previously supported native sons Nixon and Reagan by huge margins, went for Hillary by 5 points in 2016. If California’s whites voted more like the white population in the country at large, California would still be a blue state, but the Democrats wouldn’t rack up Soviet-style majorities there.

To more fully explain California’s political evolution, you need to look at domestic migration patterns as well. Since it entered the union, California has absorbed tens of millions of Americans from other states, including most famously during the Gold Rush, the Dust Bowl, and the postwar era of Federal investment and industrialization. But beginning in around 1990, just when California started to turn blue, this pattern reversed: For the past quarter-century, California has been a net exporter of people. This has largely been a working class exodus, with families disproportionately represented. “One of the largest groups of workers leaving California” between 2007 and 2013, the Los Angeles Times reported in 2015, “was those who had more than a high school diploma but less than a bachelor’s degree.” As Michael Saltsman notes in the Orange County Register, “an analysis of Census Bureau data by the Sacramento Bee shows that, between 2005 and 2015, 800,000 working-class Californians on net left for other states. Twenty percent of this net working-class outflow—156,000—went to one state in particular: Texas.”

The working class out-migration has included both whites and Latinos. But while California’s Latino working class has been continuously replenished by foreign migration, the white working class has not. The whites moving into California are largely college graduates, drawn to the state’s thriving but increasingly unaffordable metropolitan centers. In other words, patterns of out-migration over the past 25 years have drained California of one of the GOP’s most important constituencies. It’s not just that Republican demographic groups have been “overrun” by Democratic demographic groups; it’s that core Republican groups have left for other states. California has driven out its middle and lower-middle through high taxes, red tape, and especially soaring housing costs produced by urbanization and NIMBY-influenced zoning schemes.

A variety of trends, then, have left California with a deeply unequal demographic and economic state of play that is ideally suited to the Democratic Party. The working and middle-class exodus has left California with a large and disproportionately white upper and upper-middle class concentrated in the metropolitan areas surrounding San Francisco and Los Angeles; urban, educated populations tend to be cosmopolitan and culturally liberal. (This is especially true in the two industries California is known for—technology and entertainment; the dramatic decline of Southern California’s Cold War-era defense and aerospace industry also deprived Republicans of a once-significant business-class constituency in the Golden State.) California also has among the highest poverty rates in the country; poor people of all races tend to support the Democrats for economic reasons. Meanwhile, one of the few middle-income occupational categories that is still robust is the public sector. And public sector unions support Democratic politicians because they are dependent on them for continued state-sponsored benefits and patronage.

It’s understandable why right-wing hard-liners point to California as evidence that immigration threatens their political survival. After all, Democrats have been gleefully doing the same for years in the course of arguing that California represents the endpoint of the “emerging Democratic majority.” But this kind of zero-sum demographic determinism misses the big picture: California Republicans have been eviscerated not just because of immigration, but because the state’s overall economic and demographic development has proceeded in a way that strongly favors liberal politics. Limiting immigration is a reasonable aim of conservative politics, but the lesson of California isn’t that Republicans need to “charge the cockpit or die” on immigration policy; it’s that Republican populists perform poorly in places with concentrated economic production and a declining working and middle class outside of the unionized public sector.

California’s reactionary thinkers imagine their state and by extension the country in apocalyptic decline under the direction of a permanent liberal ruling class and propose various radical avenues for restoring conservatism in the face of white demographic decline. But perhaps the thinking that is needed isn’t particularly radical: As Walter Russell Mead has pointed out, the two most successful Republican Presidents of the 20th century presided over waves of suburbanization that made housing more affordable, reduced urban political power, and helped grow the population of right-leaning middle and working-class homeowners. A nationwide effort to expand the housing stock further outside of city centers could help slow the hemorrhaging of working class families in California—and also help support a Republican majority in the country at large.
He makes a few points here and there, but he’s really struggling to shoehorn his viewpoint, and missing the forest for the trees.

For one, he doesn’t even acknowledge the GOP’s slide to catering mainly to ignorant racist nutcases as a major cause for shift.

He acknowledges that the metropolitan areas tend to be socially liberal, but doesn’t bother to mention that the tech bohemeths tend to be fiscally conservative. But the lurch towards virulent racism, homophobia and a disregard for facts and science puts the GOP out of consideration for even the fiscally conservative in these metro areas that have seen an influx of young tech professionals since the late 1980’s.

And it’s not going to change anytime soon. While gage has noted that there has been a heavy alt-right presence in pockets of the state, in the end, young educated people are never going to go for a party whose current face is a semi-literate racist pervert.

When you couple that with the Democrats lurch to right-of-center neoliberal economic policy (and downright conservative when it comes to monied interests), and you have a perfect recipe for Democratic strangleholds in metropolitan areas.

The fact that the Dems can coast in these areas with little to no union-based support (Amazon, Facebook, Tesla et. al. are all non-union) says quite a bit.
My first reaction to your response is; "what the heck is this garbage?"

You're way out of line with this type of post.
So you were looking for a viewpoint that suits your beliefs instead of looking for a viewpoint that’s based in reality?

When you couple that with the Democrats lurch to right-of-center neoliberal economic policy (and downright conservative when it comes to monied interests), and you have a perfect recipe for Democratic strangleholds in metropolitan areas.

rofl
You could be the first 'black rino'. tongue I guess Colin Powell already has that designation.

Colin Powell was one of the smartest Republicans to have ever lived. I'm not surprised you don't recognize brains when you see them. After all, you support Trump.
So you were looking for a viewpoint that suits your beliefs instead of looking for a viewpoint that’s based in reality?

Reality. About 10% or less of what he said is reality. Sometimes you guys make me laugh.
Arnold is a Republican
My first reaction to your response is; "what the heck is this garbage?"

You're way out of line with this type of post.

What in particular do you consider “garbage” or “out of line”?

rofl

Perhaps you could tell me what companies such as Amazon, Facebook, Verizon and Tesla pay in California state income tax?

(Hint: the first letter of the number starts with a “Z”)

rofl

Perhaps you could tell me what companies such as Amazon, Facebook, Verizon and Tesla pay in California state income tax?

(Hint: the first letter of the number starts with a “Z”)

Zillion?
'Clerical error' blamed for NC jail's release of illegal immigrant detained on murder charge

https://www.foxnews.com/us/clerical-erro...-on-murder-char

A 17-year-old illegal immigrant -- behind bars on a murder charge -- was released from a local North Carolina jail that just pulled out of an immigration screening program with Immigration Customs and Enforcement.

Sergio Coello-Perez, a Mexican national, was released from the Mecklenburg County Jail Thursday after seven months in custody with a written promise to appear in court and to wear a 24-hour electronic monitoring bracelet, WBTV reported Friday.

On Friday, the teen was booked into the jail again after prosecutors obtained a court order for his arrest “to correct a clerical error” dealing with his bond status, according to the station.

Coello-Perez was sprung for 31 hours, the station reported.

He was 16 in May when prosecutors said he and a friend tried to steal a car in Charlotte and shot and killed the owner, Nicholas Boger, who tried to stop them. A judge jailed Coello-Perez without bail after his arrest.

WBTV reported that Immigration and Customs Enforcement had a hold on Coello-Perez at the jail.

The station quoted a spokesperson for the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office as saying that the “ICE hold was lifted” but that was not why Coello-Perez was released.

Three weeks ago Garry McFadden was sworn in as Mecklenburg County sheriff and announced that he was ending the screening program that allowed deputies to perform immigration enforcement duties inside the jail with supervision from ICE.

CALIFORNIA ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT ‘COP-KILLER’ TAKEN INTO CUSTODY, OFFICIALS SAY

McFadden said ICE officials would need court-issued warrants or detainers to access the jail while he is sheriff.

The program had sent thousands of people into deportation proceedings since 2006. Ending it was a major part of McFadden's election campaign.
Any word as to whether or not he was carrying the bubonic plague?
No silly. It was Scarlet Fever.
© DawgTalkers.net