DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Swish The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 01:08 PM
More like another trump family rally:

All In The Family: Half Of RNC's Planned 'Key Speakers' Are Trumps

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/rnc-key-speakers-6-trumps-fox-064243099.html

Damn even Moscow Mitch didn’t make the key speaker cut. He’s just some dude speaking now lmfao
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 01:09 PM
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 01:21 PM
It’s hilarious how all we heard from conservatives and trump supporters is disdain for political family dynasties, and yet here they are shown to be massive hypocrites AGAIN by their full embrace of political families.

All conservatives do is whine about something then turn around and support the very thing they despise.

Ya know, like how they claim they hate the lefts name calling but support a cyber bully in trump.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 01:25 PM
Quote:
All conservatives do is whine about something then turn around and support the very thing they despise.

Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 01:29 PM
Thanks for telling everyone that applies Specifically to you lmfao

Good job?
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 01:48 PM
I chose not to watch the Democrat convention because I knew all it would do was piss me off. I will be looking forward to the Republican one though.

One thing that I've seen from both sides though which is dumb is attacking Trump or Biden. Why don't they just talk about the details of their policies? Why are they afraid to do that? I also want to hear Trump, Pence, Biden, Harris take random unscripted questions from random people, meaning you don't know what's going to happen. That's what I WANT to see, enough of the scripted dog and pony show with cupcake questions among supporters.

The media NEVER asks the questions that I would ask. They ask toss up softball ones instead, sick of this.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 02:33 PM
The problem is that anybody can imply anything is soft ball questions.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 03:09 PM
I'm glad they found Tiffany. I saw her picture on a milk carton not long ago.
It will be a pleasure to hear Real Americans speak now.

It will be a pleasure to hear of the Greatness of America instead of the Boo Hoo's of the whining elites and their stooges.

thumbsup
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 04:19 PM
rofl

Person, man, woman, camera, TV.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 05:46 PM
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

The great and fake rallying cry of the Right since Bush and Chaney lied to everyone in order to go to War in Iraq.

What a complete pile of steaming horse manure.

"If you disagree with me you aren't American" - gthooh
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 05:53 PM
Well here's the problem. 40 doesn't quite know what a "Real American" looks like. He believes the typical con mans portrayal. It started with him as a child....

Posted By: Squires Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 06:43 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

The great and fake rallying cry of the Right since Bush and Chaney lied to everyone in order to go to War in Iraq.

Thats no different from the liberal view of "you disagree with me, so you are a nazi."
Darn, no "old man yells at chair" speech this year!

Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 07:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Squires

Thats no different from the liberal view of "you disagree with me, so you are a nazi."

Well I have never said that ... and even those that throw that term around don't say that. But, as you will.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 09:31 PM
No, you've not said that.

But several posters on here call anyone that voted for, or supports trump, racist. Repeatedly.
Posted By: bonefish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 10:30 PM
Guest speakers:

All Republicans and Family

Michael Flynn - lied to congress and Pence

Steve Bannon - accused of fraud.

Paul Manafort - convicted felon of tax and bank fraud

Michael Cohen - disbarred lawyer, convicted for fraud and perjury

General Mattis - Denounces President Trump, Describes Him as a Threat to the Constitution

General McMaster - “The president doesn’t fire people. He just tortures them until they’re willing to quit.”

John Bolton - Mr Trump was willing to intervene in criminal investigations "to, in effect, give personal favors to dictators he liked," Mr Bolton wrote.

Maryanne Trump Barry - “He has no principles.”

Mary Trump - “He’s racist,” Mary said of her uncle. “It has to be said honestly and straightforwardly.”

Miles Taylor - "And if right now we're less safe because we have fewer friends and stronger enemies than before, you can expect to see that on steroids in another four years of the Trump administration," Taylor added.

Entertainment: - We Have Singing and Dancing - A Warm welcome and Let's here it for - Miss Stormy Daniels !!
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/23/20 11:35 PM
You're right. Labels like Nazis and racists are thrown around all the time by members of the left on this board and in the media.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 12:00 AM
I will watch as much of the RNC convention as I did the dnc convention - which is to say nothing.

Do some people think anyone changes their mind after a cheerleading event?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 12:03 AM
I feel the same way. Didn't watch the DNC and won't watch the RNC.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 12:36 AM
yes.

thats why they continue to do it. this isn't rocket science.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 02:28 AM
Donald Trump is to speak on all 4 nights of the RNC, and his family will take up half of the keynote speaker spots

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-t...medium=referral

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

trump supporters and republicans were expecting Biden to make a bunch of gaffes on stage, and he instead had them praising him on fox news.

guess who's about to be making all the gaffes....
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 02:32 AM
Are there really people still alive that are voting for the person rather than the ideologies? LOL.........cave men.
You mean gaffes like this...

Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 02:35 AM
or like when Trump said we took over the airports in the revolutionary war.

or said he didn't know anything about a check to stormy daniels.

boy i can't wait for the highlights to roll in.
Can someone bring in Clint Eastwood to talk to the chair?
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 02:41 AM
im trying to find the full list of speakers.

i heard its....pretty lame.
I think I could see Eric or Don Jr. talking to a blackface doll.
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
I think I could see Eric or Don Jr. talking to a blackface doll.

What does the Democrat Governor of Virginia have to do with this?
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 02:48 AM
stop it 40!!! rofl damnit
In reply to 40...

I wish you were like this all the time.

Should be fun to have you under a democrat as the president.
Posted By: Jester Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 03:10 AM
Originally Posted By: Swish

I missed that one. Must have been when I was on vacation at the yo semite national park. I had zero internet service there
Were you drinking some covfefe there, too?
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 03:26 AM
Did you intentionally miss the Biden video?
You’re voting for a man who wants to grab women’s vaginas.
Posted By: Jester Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 03:43 AM
1, I thought we had agreed not to address each other in this forum?

2, You tend to mix topics. I was addressing the mental acuity aspect of this thread. That video has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

3, At no point did I mention Biden, defend or condemn him, or address the sexual allegations against Trump or Biden. You righties feel the need to criticize Biden for his gaffes while completely ignoring all of Trumps.

4, Just like you have the right to choose which words you do or do not use, it is my right to decide what topics I do or do not address. I do not have to discuss anything that I choose not to.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 03:45 AM
You are voting for a child molester.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 03:46 AM
That's what I thought.

Fake outrage while ignoring visual evidence. It's the way of the left.
Please point out in my post history where I say who I’m voting for. I have never said in this forum “I will vote for Joe Biden.” Check my post history.

I’ll be waiting for those receipts.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 04:35 AM

The human animal. tsktsk

I wouldn't want to vote for a gorilla that doesn't like bananas, if you know what I mean.

Why'd ya make me go there.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 11:14 AM
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

But several posters on here call anyone that voted for, or supports trump, racist. Repeatedly.

If the shoe fits. Support and vote for a known racist and believe in his deplorable values. Expect to be called a racist. Support a fascist and their values. Expect to called a fascist. Support neo - Nazi’s marching in your town inciting violence and running people down in the streets with their automobiles. Expect to be called a Nazi. It’s really that simple.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 11:44 AM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

The human animal. tsktsk

I wouldn't want to vote for a gorilla that doesn't like bananas, if you know what I mean.

What the hell kind of response was this?
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 11:58 AM

The human animal. tsktsk

What the hell kind of response was this?

I’m pretty sure that wasn’t a racist comment. This is how trump supporters excuse his behavior as just ‘locker room talk”. The human animal.. rofl ..the trump Ape .....hasn’t been domesticated or potty trained. trump gets a pass
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 12:08 PM
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

If the shoe fits. Support and vote for a known racist and believe in his deplorable values. Expect to be called a racist. Support a fascist and their values. Expect to called a fascist. Support neo - Nazi’s marching in your town inciting violence and running people down in the streets with their automobiles. Expect to be called a Nazi. It’s really that simple.

The voice of the left.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 12:10 PM
No I know it wasn’t racist.

It’s just a mind blowing defense of a sexual assaulter.
Posted By: Jester Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 12:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
That's what I thought.

Fake outrage while ignoring visual evidence. It's the way of the left.

There was no outrage on my part, real or fake. Biden makes the occasional gaffe when talking. I never disputed that. But you guys keep bringing them up as a means to question his mental acuity. I just pointed out that Trump makes a bunch of gaffes too.

Did I say anything that was not 100% true and factual?

You point out the accusations against Biden with righteous indignation yet ignore the rape allegations against trump. Why is that? Oh yea, it doesn't fit your narrative.

I am going back to our prior arrangement where we do not address each other in the political forum. I respectfully request that you do the same
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 01:09 PM
Okay. I will honor your request.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 01:12 PM

I for one refer to Trump as Hitler,, not because he doesn't agree with my thinking, but because he acts a lot like Hitler.

The similarities are scary,,, hate the Press is the starting point.. Big Lie, then repeat it over and over again until you get the weak minded sheep to follow..

It's not me, it's history....That's how Trump gets compared to Hitler.. He does it to himself..
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 01:27 PM
Quote:

I for one refer to Trump as Hitler,, not because he doesn't agree with my thinking, but because he acts a lot like Hitler.

Yet another hysterical lie by the left. Hitler murdered over 6 million Jews. He invaded numerous countries. He started a world-wide war. He imprisoned blacks and homosexual in concentration camps.

Such comparisons only make the left look foolish and irresponsible.

Trump is a jerk, but he isn't Hitler.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 01:33 PM
Good Lord, this is an ugly thread. Just wanted to say I love you all and I'm glad to be a part of this country with you. Hope we can all put our differences aside and come together again against the joint mechanism which takes advantage of stoking our fear and anger.

I was watching Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee - of all shows - and I heard Trevor Noah say something that I've held on to for a while: "If you find the right balance between desperation and fear, you can make people believe anything."

Anyhow, carry on.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 01:37 PM
And Hitler supporters were saying.. ‘Hitler ist ein Idiot, aber er ist kein Napoleon” (Hitler is a jerk but he’s no Napoleon) 0rofl
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 01:42 PM
No I know it wasn’t racist.

It’s just a mind blowing defense of a sexual assaulter.

So you believe Tara Reid. Good.
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 01:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

The similarities are scary,,, hate the Press is the starting point.. Big Lie, then repeat it over and over again until you get the weak minded sheep to follow..

It's not me, it's history....That's how Trump gets compared to Hitler.. He does it to himself..

Are you sure you know who's lying to you? Russia Russia Russia for four years now, and still no proof.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 01:50 PM
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

Are you sure you know who's lying to you? Russia Russia Russia for four years now, and still no proof.

‘Russia if your’e listening’ was no lie. Please continue digging.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 01:57 PM
Love you too bro
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 02:09 PM

"Russia if you're listening" was a joke on the fbis inability to find emails.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 02:17 PM

"Russia if you're listening" was a joke on the fbis inability to find emails.

rofl yeah trump tells a joke.? rofl Ok. Funniest thing ever. trump telling jokes. rofl trump supporters ..keep digging.
Quote:
Trump as Hitler

Finkle is Einhorn?! Einhorn is Finkle?!

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 04:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Jester

I missed that one. Must have been when I was on vacation at the yo semite national park. I had zero internet service there

Isn't that located in Thighland?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 04:29 PM

You don't keep up with the news do you?
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 04:51 PM
Perfect, can I count on you being here on the board after Trump's election win in November?
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 05:19 PM
rofl
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 05:26 PM
Even if Trump loses we can expect you to be here making the excuse it's because the Dems cheated. You're part of the "heads we win, tails you lose" crowd.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 05:42 PM
Everybody loses if the democrats are still around.

Small minders?
If YOu want a president who doesn't like women? (ie. you are voting for a pres who wants to ...)
Then Go dig up Pete Butigiegg's buried political career. (He has a husband. Spit!)

Rioters carry a giloutine, and demand white peoples houses, keys to their houses,

( Seems a lot like the KKK burning crosses on peoples lawns to me)
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Even if Trump loses we can expect you to be here making the excuse it's because the Dems cheated. You're part of the "heads we win, tails you lose" crowd.

Trump will crush Biden because Trump will make sure our Election is legit. thumbsup
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 05:58 PM
Well he's already started out by lying so things may work out well for him.

Trump claims the Dems left "Under god" out of the pledge at their convention". He couldn't last the first five minutes without lying.

Trying to paint them as anti patriotic and denying God. And people actually support this idiot.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 06:11 PM

Trump will crush Biden because Trump will make sure our Election is legit. thumbsup

I'm probably one of the few that thinks this could still be close ... but this comment here is silly. And if Trump does lose he will absolutely - once again - be a victim and cry all day and night long. And if he does, you will too.
Not if the Dems are denied the opportunity to cheat.

Not if the election is kept legit.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 06:15 PM
Trump votes by mail. Damned cheater!
Posted By: BpG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 06:17 PM
If Biden can stay coherent in his speeches and shy away from the absolutely meaningless platitudes like "I will fight for the light, not he dark" he can win.

Seems like a tall ask for a man who responds "come on man" anytime he asked a difficult question. I will admit the lowering of expectations of Biden absolutely work in his favor if he can deliver seemingly coherent speeches even if they are largely meaningless platitudes.

As always it will depend on the swing states in which Trump won last time....I can already hear the cries for the abolishing of the electoral college....because if Trump wins, everyone knows he isn't winning California and New York.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 06:19 PM
Not if the Dems are denied the opportunity to cheat.

Not if the election is kept legit.

That's absolute, total, utter steaming poop.

Luckily, I know you know that regardless of whatever you write. Much like I know you know that Trump is an atrocious human being and has set this country back decades. It's okay - I know you won't own that, but at least we all know that it's true! All good, you can keep on posting the asinine comments!
Absentee voting is Legit as the voters identity is verified.

Sending out live ballots to all the registered voters is cheating as people die, people move, people don't wish to vote, people are sick in the hospital.

Their returned votes are unverified.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 06:22 PM
He just gave a speech on the last night of the convention. He sounded fine. Of course you wouldn't know that if you never listen.

Biden and Harris did a one hour ABC News interview which was televised last night.

If you were actually interested in knowing you would know. When you don't care, you don't listen and you don't know.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 06:25 PM
Trump assembled a panel to try and prove the exact things you are saying in 2017. As usual they found nothing yet have you and your kind repeating the lies they could find no proof of.

There are checks and balances in place to prevent people that do not have the right to vote from voting. Trump couldn't find any fraud. Yet here we go again.
Posted By: BpG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 06:29 PM
Quote:
I will admit the lowering of expectations of Biden absolutely work in his favor if he can deliver seemingly coherent speeches even if they are largely meaningless platitudes.

Assumptions. The above disputes your entire post.
It happened just this year in New York, New Jersey and Virginia as 1 in 5 ballots were lost and uncounted. It took weeks to decide a winner! Those were small Democrat Primary elections for local offices!
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 08:36 PM
Trump will crush Biden.

I could honestly see 40+ states or higher. The Democrats have NO platform to offer the American people. Plus, Biden has no clue what the heck he's talking about. He certainly can't answer questions from everyday Americans that is for damn sure.

Exhibit A. You won't see this on CNN Boys and Girls.

Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Trump will crush Biden.

Yes, the silent majority will see to it. thumbsup
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 08:47 PM
More than two dozen former Republican lawmakers endorse Joe Biden on first day of GOP convention

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/politics/...iden/index.html
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 08:57 PM
So somehow he’s gonna do better against a far harder opponent in Biden than Hillary?

And y’all try to make jokes about me smoking weed. TB is at the meth lab right now getting high on his own supply.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 09:01 PM
Trump will crush Biden.

Yes, the silent majority will see to it. thumbsup

You mean the poorly educated. Which sadly is pretty close to the same thing in this country.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 09:07 PM
Trump and the republicans tried to claim the DNC was dark.

Well, let’s hear the excuses:

Trump says Democrats trying to 'steal' election in RNC acceptance speech

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-de...-190923796.html

Because already, trump and the republicans have outdone the Dems on fear mongering, and it’s only day one.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 09:47 PM
j/c...

What time do the McCloskey's speak? They seem like a fun couple.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 10:27 PM
This guy kicking things off?

Perfect intro to the RNC and Trump.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 11:49 PM
Perfect, can I count on you being here on the board after Trump's election win in November?

Sad thing is, the only thing I'm sure of, no matter who wins the election the Democrats will continue 4 more years of trying to destroy the good ole US of A.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 11:51 PM
j/c:

I actually think a lot of intelligent, educated, and upper middle class folks are voting for Trump due to how poorly the Democratic party treats them and supports the criminal element.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 11:53 PM
I also find it funny that some posters are already talking about the right crying if Biden wins the election AFTER they have cried for four straight years because Trump won the election.

Double standards are the norm for the left.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 11:55 PM
j/c

Using swish and ocd's logic, if they vote for biden, they are neo nazis.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/absolutely-repugnant-bidens-campaign-forcefully-193837625.html

" Richard Spencer, a prominent neo-Nazi who coined the term "alt-right," said over the weekend that he would vote for Joe Biden in the November election.

"I plan to vote for Biden and a straight democratic ticket," Spencer tweeted on Sunday. "It's not based on 'accelerationism' or anything like that; the liberals are clearly more competent people."

Biden's campaign forcefully disavowed Spencer's endorsement shortly after, describing him as part of the "vile forces of hate who have come crawling out from under rocks" in the US.

Andrew Bates, the rapid-response director for Biden's campaign, tweeted that what Spencer stands for is "absolutely repugnant," adding, "Your support is 10,000% percent unwelcome here."

Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Richard Spencer, a prominent neo-Nazi who coined the term "alt-right," said on Sunday that he planned to vote for the 2020 Democratic presidential nominee, Joe Biden.

"I plan to vote for Biden and a straight democratic ticket," Spencer tweeted on Sunday. "It's not based on 'accelerationism' or anything like that; the liberals are clearly more competent people."

Neo nazi's. I don't care if bidens spokesman said they don't want the endorsement. A neo nazi endorsed biden.

Damn, it's easy being like swish, pit, and ocd. Those damn neo nazis. Biden supports neo nazi's, and hence forth, anyone that supports or votes for biden does as well.

The idiocy of left wingers has come home to roost.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/24/20 11:58 PM
Let's not lower ourselves to their standards. The more times they spew that crap, the worse they look and the more votes they lose.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 12:03 AM
GC.- 40 I'm going to ask you to post, I can't post article links.

Less than some time ago I heard this statement,
" That's why a thousand a month are going to texas from California"

I thought it was people, but according to Google, apparently it's businesses! Just search, 1000 a month from California to texas and see that article about how bad the political climate is for business in Cali, and why so many are moving to TX. (2019)

It's a good read. We can't bear any years of the democrats' regulations again.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 12:19 AM
GC.- 40 I'm going to ask you to post, I can't post article links.

Less than some time ago I heard this statement,
" That's why a thousand a month are going to texas from California"

I thought it was people, but according to Google, apparently it's businesses! Just search, 1000 a month from California to texas and see that article about how bad the political climate is for business in Cali, and why so many are moving to TX. (2019)

It's a good read. We can't bear any years of the democrats' regulations again.

I googled that but couldn't find a link that matches.

I did find this article which talks about 1800 companies moving in a year.

https://www.southstarcommunities.com/blog/companies-leave-california-bound-for-texas
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 12:53 AM
We can't bear any years of the democrats' regulations again.
Yep, that could cost a 30% drop in GDP or something like a depression... smh

Yet the stock markets would not feel a thing since they got BILLIONS from Republicans to build their newest bubbles.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 12:57 AM
For California.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 01:10 AM

I'm glad the right is the party of unity. smh
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 01:14 AM

rofl rofl rofl
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 01:18 AM
j/c...

Move over Kevin Costner.

Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 01:28 AM
Joe Biden, lurking in the night, might snatch your baby!...

Freudian Slip!....
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 01:32 AM
Now, there were two comprehensive, unbiased, tweets. rolleyes
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 01:39 AM
The democratic senator from Georgia, or Representative,
Was cut off on PBS in the middle of his speech as soon as he mentioned Pelosi and another.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 01:44 AM
"no matter where you live, your family will not be safe in the radical democrats America"
edit: Mark and Patricia McClousky, Patricia.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:00 AM
The McCloskey couple are easily my favorite characters tonight.

Peak white fragility.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:06 AM
charlie kirk reminds me of these dudes on social media who whine about women not wanting to date nice guys.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:07 AM
they really look like GTA characters.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:09 AM
I haven't watched the RPN, nor will I.

However, good for that couple. We are at the point where we need to protect ourselves from the criminal element. There is a reason why gun and ammo sales are off the charts. And it's not because people fear Trump, the police, and the right. They fear the criminal element that are the rioters, protestors, BLM, and Antifa.

I pleaded that we try and seek a peaceful resolution for years. The left doesn't want to hear it and wants to war.

Be careful what you wish for.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:16 AM
I can run dozens of similar videos to this one where Trump supporters are being attacked.

So, I really don't want to hear about how awful people who defend their own homes against protestors are.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:21 AM
Awful? I said the McCloskey's were easily my favorite characters! I even posted a question asking what time they would be speaking.

As a responsible gun owner, I do worry that she had her finger on the trigger, while aiming at people not her property.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:22 AM
charlie kirk reminds me of these dudes on social media who whine about women not wanting to date nice guys.

See Ben Shapiro.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:23 AM
Sorry, I wasn't really talking to you. Just your post and some of the stuff I have read about it online. I should have clarified it. I wasn't calling you out.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:26 AM
Thumbsup emoji.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:31 AM
they really look like GTA characters.

I dig that unbuttoned pink Lacoste shirt! Belt looks like it's cutting off circulation.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:36 AM
I've heard Cuban Refugee imigrants a handful of times in the media, spanning since 2001,
They all said the same message, more than once,

The democrats' socialism is like what the did in Cuba and we can't let that happen here.

None of them have said the message that the Republicans are a threat in a similar way.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:46 AM
I've heard Cuban Refugee imigrants a handful of times in the media, spanning since 2001,
They all said the same message, more than once,

The democrats' socialism is like what the did in Cuba and we can't let that happen here.

None of them have said the message that the Republicans are a threat in a similar way.

This is 100% correct. I've heard this statement many times, once in person and it was incredible. Leftists act like they know it all, advocate for socialism without knowing any history or economics of the actual implementation of it. This is MIND BOGGLING to me when you can look up the acts of socialism in a high school text book, yet some dumb people still want it.

When you get real life people who have experienced socialism and they speak about it, that's the truth, no sugar coating it. It confirms everything from history and what republicans stand against. That's when the leftists know they're in deep s***t.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:48 AM

You're just a RINO.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:51 AM
This speech is wild! So entertaining. Reminds me of Dwight Schrute's speech on 'The Office'.

Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:53 AM
You reported me the last time I responded to you and I was suspended even though you called me a moron. So, I will tread carefully.

You sound very similar to the extremists on the left who are narrow-minded.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:55 AM
man, if the dems were speaking about a dark future under trump, so far the republicans have completely turned the place pitch black.

I'm a Republican and this list is terrible. Although I really, really like Tim Scott and have been following him since he spoke at our church 2 years ago or so.

The rest of this list is a joke.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 03:20 AM
It's a wild political strategy. It's all based on fear mongering and negatives, as opposed to running on a positive platform. And this is from an incumbent! The Trump campaign is fighting from a position of weakness. This is going to be a crazy 2.5 months.

Reminds me of a ling from The American President

I've known Bob Rumson for years, and I've been operating under the assumption that the reason Bob devotes so much time and energy to shouting at the rain was that he simply didn't get it. Well, I was wrong. Bob's problem isn't that he doesn't get it. Bob's problem is that he can't sell it! We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you, Bob Rumson is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections. You gather a group of middle-aged, middle-class, middle-income voters who remember with longing an easier time, and you talk to them about family and American values and character.

Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 03:25 AM
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 03:27 AM
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 03:27 AM
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 03:30 AM
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 03:35 AM

A reason to vote for Trump,

CBS, agreed he kept his pre-inauguration promise to cut two regulations for every one new regulation.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 03:39 AM
Couldn't have said it better. Trump is the ONLY president in recent memory who kept his campaign promises.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 03:48 AM
Everyone had heart felt speeches about America tonight on Day 1. It all came across as believable, moving, and powerfully emotional. It was raw and what the American people needed.

It was real...Not like last week. I AM FIRED UP! brownie
Posted By: fishtheice Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 04:43 AM
Posted By: fishtheice Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 04:50 AM
Posted By: fishtheice Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 04:59 AM
Posted By: fishtheice Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 05:03 AM
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 10:43 AM
Boring...There’s a real power house lawmaker there. rofl Bring on more trump children. That’s the good stuff.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 11:11 AM
Trump jr’s weird ass girlfriend is getting roasted all over social media.

I can’t believe she actually tried to imply that because her daddy wasn’t from this country that she’s a first generation American. Your mom is from PR, who have been US citizens for the last 100 years.

Puerto Rican’s are roasting the dog crap out of her lmfao
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 11:28 AM
My family in NYC is teeing off on Kim since yesterday. So many other PRs on social media is clowning this woman.

And she deserves every last bit of it.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 11:39 AM
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 11:50 AM
Nikki Haley was asked by GMA this morning what trump has done to help stop racism and systemic racism in Police departments. First she denounced systemic racism all around. It doesn’t exist. Then when pressed more on the question she answered with ... trump passed the bill mandating body cams for all police departments.

How’s that working out?
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 11:55 AM
The only person that made a coherent speech was Tim Scott.

Which shouldn’t be surprising as he was the only person who didn’t come off ass bat crap crazy last night.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 12:13 PM
LOL The trump cult culture Sad....scare tactics and fire and brimstone while thousands die daily under their not so careful watch. Pffft trump and his supporters ignoring all the death, calling the death a political ploy while patting themselves on the back for doing such a wonderful job.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 12:19 PM
LOL The trump cult culture Sad....scare tactics and fire and brimstone while thousands die daily under their not so careful watch. Pffft trump and his supporters ignoring all the death, calling the death a political ploy while patting themselves on the back for doing such a wonderful job.

Didn't see any of it - and won't.

One comment from the Trump supporters about the Dems was that it was all about Trump - and no policy. . . . It sounds like the RNC was all about how scary the Dems are? No policy? No standing on the record of the last 4 years (other than claiming we've got the best economy in the history of the planet?)
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 12:20 PM
I haven't watched the RPN, nor will I.

However, good for that couple. We are at the point where we need to protect ourselves from the criminal element. There is a reason why gun and ammo sales are off the charts. And it's not because people fear Trump, the police, and the right. They fear the criminal element that are the rioters, protestors, BLM, and Antifa.

I pleaded that we try and seek a peaceful resolution for years. The left doesn't want to hear it and wants to war.

Be careful what you wish for.

What a load of crap. If you are so fearful, go hide.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 12:36 PM
Let's not lower ourselves.

You can’t lower yourselves any further. You are voting for and supporting a pathological liar a known racist and an accused rapist for potus. Besides Hell. That’s as low as you can go bro. You can’t even tell us what the GOP platform is, because you admittedly haven’t even watched the RNC and won’t. Pfff trump supporters don’t even know what they want. They just want the status quo and not equality. So full of BS and lies and fake propaganda with no substance as usual. You guys have dug such a deep hole half way to hell, it’s pathetic.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 12:37 PM
Wow, the RNC is a farce. Fear Monger, Fear Monger, Fear Monger, praise the glorious leader... rinse repeat. I can't believe any thinking human being could fall for this crock of crapola. But there are a lot of non thinking individuals out there so the race will be close.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 01:11 PM

Is this a low key shot at Fox News? Word on the street is that they cut back to the studio quite a few times yesterday.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 01:22 PM
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 01:24 PM
you remember a massive coalition of Democrats supporting Romney over Obama in 2012?

cause i don't.
Posted By: BpG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 01:58 PM
I see a future presidential candidate here.

Posted By: BpG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 01:59 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Wow, the RNC is a farce. Fear Monger, Fear Monger, Fear Monger

Hilarious.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:11 PM
yep.

i gotta give Scott credit. dude nailed it last night. i don't agree with his stances but damn he has a presence about him that is sorely needed in the GOP.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 02:56 PM

rofl
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 04:12 PM

OMG! This woman (?) is seriously unhinged. Sorta fits in well with the rest of 'them'...
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 04:14 PM
Let's not lower ourselves to their standards. The more times they spew that crap, the worse they look and the more votes they lose.

It's too late. You've already sank lower.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 04:29 PM
Now all you have to do is get a enough Republicans to endorse a black man in their presidential primary. Sadly I don't think Tim Scott's will ever live to the age that we'll see happen. I mean I doubt he will ever make it to the 25th century.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 04:47 PM

I heard that Fallwell Jr. won't be appearing at the Republican convention. Rumor has it he prefers to watch. wink
Posted By: fishtheice Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 05:13 PM
Michael Steele is joining fellow RINO's George Conway, Steve Schmidt, Rick Wilson, and John Weaver who have raked in more than $19.4 million, according to FEC filings, in 'The Grifter Project'.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 05:17 PM
There are a few Republican and former Republican groups out there against Trump. Call them what you like but you used to call them like minded people.

There are a lot of Republicans that don't like what Trump has turned the Republican party into.

There are actually many who don't like the progressive movement the Democrats have going on within their party either.

The difference is as of yet the Democrats aren't running someone from that wing of the party to run the free world.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 05:57 PM

be best.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 07:05 PM
j/c

I'm just wondering if when Melania begins her speech at the RNC it will sound anything like this... "Hello, I'm Dr. Jill Biden."?
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 10:08 PM
Do you equate a doctorate degree with being smart? If so then you've got a lot to learn.

Bottom line, the enthusiasm and positivity with the RNC is off the charts right now. Total positivity. What it means to be a proud American, to live in the BEST country in the world. On the opposite end the Democrats STILL do not have a platform to talk about.

Yeah, we know you don't like Trump. You've been saying the same crap for four years. What else you got? Nothing.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/25/20 11:22 PM
I'd say Dr. Jill Biden is a hell of a lot smarter than you. So yes, her degree means she's smarter than you.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 12:35 AM

Bottom line, the enthusiasm and positivity with the RNC is off the charts right now. Total positivity.

Proof that ignorance is bliss.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:20 AM
What planet are these people from or is it an all together different reality that spit them out here on normal earth?
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:26 AM
What planet are these people from or is it an all together different reality that spit them out here on normal earth?

GOP convention speaker's video pulled after tweet sharing conspiracy theory

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/51...nspiracy-theory

the GOP really brought out the crazies this year.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:29 AM
Actually I'd take that bet in a heart beat. After all I'm one of the top engineers in the department where I work. I'm very comfortable with my knowledge. thumbsup
Apparently not comfortable enough with knowledge to know that spouting sexist and nazi rallying cries "as a joke" are terrible bags to carry.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:52 AM
As much as engineers analyze what works and what doesn't, I'm surprised you support Trump.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:54 AM

That'll teach him not to wear a maga hat...

Poor little Mr. MAGA Smirk.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 02:11 AM
Teen shill for aged grifter.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 02:15 AM
Very wealthy teen due to the biased media coverage of the event, in which the media lied, misled, and flat out failed, as evidenced by their settlements in court.

But, that doesn't matter to haters, does it?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 02:26 AM
Hey 40,

Eric Trump probably the next president 4 yeaars from now after Trumps re-election,
Or do you Think Donald Trump Jr. as the next president in 2024?
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 02:36 AM
If this kid thinks trump is a Christian he’s incredibly misguided. Christ would have tossed trump on his arse.
Posted By: jaybird Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 02:41 AM
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
If this kid thinks trump is a Christian he’s incredibly misguided. Christ would have tossed trump on his arse.

I think Christ would be pretty frustrated with all of our politicians...
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 02:49 AM
Probably correct.

However, I was responding to this:
Quote:
Teen shill for aged grifter.

Media flat out lied about this kid. He got his. They paid.

As for trump? I don't need a president to set my moral standards. I need a president that has the best for the COUNTRY in mind. If, and when I need religious guidance, I don't look to the president. I look to me, my dad (my grandparents when they were alive), and my pastor, who, by the way, lives as clean a life as anyone I know.

I don't need Trump, or Obama, or Bush, or any president to lead my religion, or my morals. That is not what they are elected for. In an ideal world? Yes. We don't live in an ideal world, do we?

If one is looking at the president to be a leader of morals, one is lost. jmo
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 03:14 AM
About 10-15 minutes in, I looked up and tried to listen to Melania Trumps speech.
(I hope some of you have TiVo-d it, dvr)

Her eyes!

Remind me of Prisoner of war videos coming out of Viet Nam in the early 1980's or of Members of Utah polygamy cults,

The only time in the last minute, that she made eye contact with the camera directly in front of her was when she said God bless you and God bless the USA,
All the time she was talking about re-electing her husband, her eyes were periphal left, and periphal right.

I'm alarmed. Did anyone else get that vibe?
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 03:16 AM
#freemelania
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 03:22 AM
Could you imagine being married to don?! What a nightmare. She has a thousand yard stare for a reason.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 03:23 AM
What are you talking about. Donald is a fine, upstanding gentleman, a christian boy.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 03:26 AM
:rollseyes:

Two corinthians... walk into a bar.
Wish he was the candidate now
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 04:07 AM
don't be mean to Melania. she's just an immigrant doing yet another job that no american wants.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 04:18 AM
Abby Johnson Spreads Falsehoods About Abortion At The RNC

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/abby-johnson-abortion-lies-rnc-020347171.html

this article had me rolling! but this part right here:

She also supports “head-of-household voting,” which would allow only the head of the household to cast a ballot. “In a Godly household, the husband would get the final say,” she said on Twitter. Minutes before her speech, she continued to tweet in defense of her head-of-household voting position.

Johnson, who has eight children, has also come under criticism for a viral video clip in which she defended racial profiling. In the video, she says that her adopted brown son was “statistically more likely to commit a violent offense” than her white sons and that it was “smart” for police to be more careful around him.

_________

what a stupid ass stance on voting. she literally supports rights being taken AWAY from her. thats conservatives in a nut shell.

and good god, what a crack pot. i feel really bad for that biracial kid. there's not a doubt in my mind she treats him differently than her other kids.
Hey 40,

Eric Trump probably the next president 4 yeaars from now after Trumps re-election,

Nah, I think President Trump will run again. brownie
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 12:03 PM
Hey 40,

Nah, I think President Trump will run again. brownie

Barrack Obama will beat him. brownie
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 12:05 PM
What are you talking about. Donald is a fine, upstanding gentleman, a christian boy.

Trump is to Christianity what a french curve is to straight lines.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 12:16 PM
THE DUMBEST attack ever.. Pam Bondi talking about Biden and Nepotism....LOL That's funny

Ivanka receiving Chinese patents....DURING HER FATHERS PRESIDENCY? That's not nepotism

What's worse, The hunter Biden thing has exhaustively been examined... NOTHING actionable. NOTHING. But these idiots bring it up again.

I guess Falwel Jr. was supposed to speak tonight, but my understanding is that he likes to watch.

I'm so for religion.... NOT so much for evangelicals that take money from people to build their palaces, buy jets etc... In short, support lavish lifestyles...

These people disgust me.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 12:22 PM
j/c:

I wonder if the loud left realizes what a turn-off their constant attacks, mockery, and insults are? I wonder if they realize how they are actually losing votes in their attempt to discredit others?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 12:25 PM
j/c:

I wonder if the loud left realizes what a turn-off their constant attacks, mockery, and insults are? I wonder if they realize how they are actually losing votes in their attempt to discredit others?

I wonder if people on the Right realize it was the constant attacks and mockery and insults from the Right that caused the Left to respond in kind because nothing else made an impact?
Posted By: jaybird Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 12:26 PM
j/c:

I wonder if people on the Right realize it was the constant attacks and mockery and insults from the Right that caused the Left to respond in kind because nothing else made an impact?

I wonder if both sides realize they sound like petty children and most Americans are sick of both sides...
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 12:31 PM
I agree w/you that both sides have behaved inappropriately. For decades, I despised the right because of their constant labels and insults toward liberals. I have never once voted for a Republican in my entire life. Not once.

However, I'm about to break that streak and a big reason for that is the behavior by the left. I think that many others feel the same way.

I think the left would have been better served to take the high road. I think trying to recruit voters is more intelligent than chasing them away by insulting them. Just my opinion.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 12:34 PM
j/c:

rofl It’s ok for trump supporters to attack and fight back. They love it when trump mocks a disabled man, women, minorities, other congressmen and women...ok with trump supporters, He’s just fighting back. rofl And the un-versatile one spews that crap rofl
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 12:37 PM
j/c:

I agree w/you that both sides have behaved inappropriately.

No hypocrisy here !
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 12:53 PM
I have never once voted for a Republican in my entire life. Not once.

However, I'm about to break that streak ...

I simply can't believe what I am reading here! You are going over to the dark side? After reading your posts for 13 years and picking up on the qualities that you professed, I shake my head that you are dumping all that to vote for the most immoral, inept, unprofessional administration ever. Simply unbelievable... thumbsdown
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 12:58 PM
Voting is an individual right. I don't think anyone has the right to tell others how to vote. I don't think shaming a person over their choice is appropriate. I will never tell anyone how to vote and I certainly won't insult them or belittle them over their choice.

I am not supporting Trump. I am voicing my displeasure w/the Democratic party and the nasty behavior by the left.

That is my right as an American. And ridicule will do nothing but strengthen my opinion on the matter.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:01 PM
That’s fine. You will continue to be ridiculed for supporting a racist Russian loving president.

It’s your right to do that, and it’s our right to ruthlessly mock you for it.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:08 PM
Anyways,

Registered Foreign Agent Pam Bondi Says Biden Is Corrupt

https://www.yahoo.com/news/registered-foreign-agent-pam-bondi-020254147.html

Damn, I completely forgot all about this corrupt ass lady. And of course they let her speak at the RNC.

Trump sure does seem like to surround himself with foreign agents. Manafort, Bondi, Flynn....
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:13 PM
Anyways,

Registered Foreign Agent Pam Bondi Says Biden Is Corrupt

https://www.yahoo.com/news/registered-foreign-agent-pam-bondi-020254147.html

Damn, I completely forgot all about this corrupt ass lady. And of course they let her speak at the RNC.

Trump sure does seem like to surround himself with foreign agents. Manafort, Bondi, Flynn....

I think this will be a heavy theme all the way through to the election. Regardless of fact, Trump is going to say Joe is corrupt any and every chance he gets and the attack ads will be the same. . . . the other theme will be that Biden and the Dems are radical socialists hell bent on subverting core American values.
Posted By: BADdog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:14 PM
Wow I didnt know there was peace in the middle east. You learn a lot at the conventions. Why doesnt fake news report this!
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:14 PM
He’s pushing the 2016 playbook hoping it works.

It won’t.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:16 PM
Lmao I know right? Apparently ISIS isn’t making gains currently in the Middle East and Africa, if you listen to the cult.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:21 PM
One of Billy Graham's granddaughters praised Trump at the RNC. Another is asking Christian women not to vote for him.

Lynch delivered an address at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday night, where she called President Trump a "fierce advocate" of faith, condemned transgender inclusion, and accused Democrats of trying to make "faith organizations pay for abortion-inducing drugs," apparently referring to birth control, which does not induce abortion.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/one-billy-grahams-granddaughters-praised-051400003.html

lmfao
Posted By: fishtheice Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:25 PM
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Why doesnt fake news report this!

Because CNN and the New York Times are still busy drooling over Biden's no teleprompter speech!
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:27 PM
ok, this is just getting pathetic now:

White House spokesperson to speak at Republican convention: report

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/51...ican-convention

this clearly isn't a GOP convention. its a Trump convention. the majority of people speaking are either his family on people that work for him.

i wonder how much he had to pay Melania in the future divorce settlement to get her to say nice things about him.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 01:52 PM
this clearly isn't a GOP convention. its a Trump convention...

It has been described as 'alternate reality'. I think that is being far too kind. Stop with the typical negative attacks and speak to your platform for progress (if it even exists).
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 02:37 PM
j/c

Biggest surprise of night two at the RNC; They found Tiffany! They can take her picture off of those milk cartons.

Biggest disappointment at night two of the RNC; Nobody bothered to run English subtitles during Melania's speech.

After much consideration on who to vote for, I've decided to vote for the candidates whose wife has not been seen naked by the entire nation. That leaves out Trump and Kanye.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 02:45 PM
We heard the mouth breathing trump sycophants tell us they like him because ‘he talks like us’. Meaning he’s nasty and vile. They responded positively to that in him. Yet they cry like children when those on the other side of the isle talk to them similarly. Weird right?
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 02:46 PM
you're cool people bro, but i gotta push back on the english subtitle jab.

as someone who's married to a woman who catches heat for her german accent, you can't be making fun of people's accents like that.

everything else about melania is free game though. but i have to pushback on that.
Posted By: ErikInHell Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 02:53 PM
j/c:

"They started it"?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 02:59 PM
ok, this is just getting pathetic now:

White House spokesperson to speak at Republican convention: report

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/51...ican-convention

this clearly isn't a GOP convention. its a Trump convention. the majority of people speaking are either his family on people that work for him.

i wonder how much he had to pay Melania in the future divorce settlement to get her to say nice things about him.

Whatever. She knows her share and Barron's get bigger everyday Trump's in office.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 03:05 PM
I just have a thing about mail order brides.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 03:12 PM
you're cool people bro, but i gotta push back on the english subtitle jab.

as someone who's married to a woman who catches heat for her german accent, you can't be making fun of people's accents like that.

everything else about melania is free game though. but i have to pushback on that.

Yep, she spoke just fine. It was boring but her accent was not the issue, she sounded Russian just like all the other rhetoric. #BeBest
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 06:37 PM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

to vote for the most immoral, inept, unprofessional administration ever.

Those 3 are highly rebutable but not worth the time.

Don't be intimidated, (as if), or effected by cancel culture Versatile, vote for whomever you wish.

Urelated:
I watched the Democratic Convention coverage in part to see;...I don't understand why the democrats had nothing to offer and seem to have abandoned the white male population.

Other unrelated: Listening to Mark Levin last week have people call in and give reasons the caller would vote for Biden, and after 30 minutes, his diatribe;
None of them said they'd vote for Biden because he'd restore law and order,
None of them said they'd vote for Biden because he'd rebuild ...military or burned cities
or would vote for Biden because he'd reopen the economy or do more to help against this virus..

My memory is failing me, it was an impactful list though.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 06:44 PM
j/c

Biggest surprise of night two at the RNC; They found Tiffany! They can take her picture off of those milk cartons.

Biggest disappointment at night two of the RNC; Nobody bothered to run English subtitles during Melania's speech.

After much consideration on who to vote for, I've decided to vote for the candidates whose wife has not been seen naked by the entire nation. That leaves out Trump and Kanye.

I've come to expect better of reading your posts over time, this is not the best depiction, I know you can do better.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 07:07 PM
When is the last time you saw Tiffany? What was untrue about both Melania and Kim Kardashian having pronographic material of themselves being published nationwide? People have taken issue with my comment about the English subtitles part of the post yet I have seen people who speak English better having subtitles given when they speak.

You may not like what I posted but the majority of it was more accurate than what was stated from the speakers at the RNC last night.

Not to mention this little goody from someone scheduled to speak they pulled at the last minute.....

On eve of suffrage centennial milestone, RNC to feature speaker supporting policies barring women from voting

Anti-abortion activist Abby Johnson has advocated for a head-of-household voting system that has historically barred women and people of color from casting ballots.

“But what happens when the husband is a Republican and the wife is a Democrat or vice versa?” a Twitter user asked Johnson.

“Then they would have to decide on one vote. In a Godly household, the husband would get the final say,” she replied.

https://19thnews.org/2020/08/on-eve-of-s...en-from-voting/

There's an entire article and I just gave you one part. A very important part. Just to inform you what some of the very people they think are spokespersons that deserve speaking at their convention actually think and say. Until the moment they actually SEE what they think and say.

And people wonder why the people Trump is vetting fail so miserably.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 08:32 PM
First of all, better representation. thumbsup

So they pulled her when she expressed the view you're so worried about,
You call her an activist which makes me think she probably never held "any" political office,
Which would put her "in no position" for her wacky belief to hurt "anybody."

She's probably about as far removed as Me, from PrlplePeople, (caste wise), from getting the presidential nom,

So she'd never in a dozen lifetimes be in a position to even submit for a vote the idea of Head of Household voting,

So what are you worried about?

OH! you're a democrat; (I'm guessing)

Republicans don't end around through the supreme court force Gay Marriage when voted down maybe a dozen times in statewide votes of the people
that's a democrat thing, so
What are you worried about?

You did say they pulled her from speaking anyway right?
So, Beyond what are you "worried" about.
What are you even "talking" about.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 08:49 PM
Quote:
On eve of suffrage centennial milestone, RNC to feature speaker supporting policies barring women from voting

Do realize, "on the eve of suffrage centennial milestone"
On that day, Trump Pardoned Susan B Anthony,

apparently for the "crime" of voting. (which is what suffrage is, the right to vote)

Which any president could have done, or politician could have called for over the last 100 years, but neither Regan, or Bush or any Democratic party president did,
Now, LBJ, and Eisenhour had wars going on, but I'm sure ole Jimmuh Carter, or Bill Clinton could have squeezed a little time in their schedules to pardon Susan B Anthony,

But Trump? Somebody probably made him aware of the situation for the first time, (I know I wasn't aware)

and he probably said, "Nobody ever pardoned her, get me a pen, it's the right thing to do.

Symbolic, Yes! but NONE of the other politicians/presidents did for 100 years, and everybody hates Trump? He did the right thing.

(We had Susan B Anthony Dollar coins in the 1970's , I didn't know what she was famous for, but somebody made a $1 coin for her and Still nobody thought to pardon her.)
Until Trump did.
Posted By: fishtheice Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 08:54 PM

Bette Midler Gets Hammered After Calling Melania Trump an ‘Illegal Alien’ Who ‘Can’t Speak English’

Kristina Wong

26 Aug 2020

Left-wing Hollywood actress Bette Midler was mercilessly mocked after she called First Lady Melania Trump an “illegal immigrant” and mocked her accent after Trump delivered an address during the second night of the Republican National Convention.

As Trump began her address, Bette Midler tweeted: “#beBest is back! A UGE bore! She can speak several words in a few languages. Get that illegal alien off the stage!”

#beBest is back! A UGE bore! She can speak several words in a few languages. Get that illegal alien off the stage!

— bettemidler (@BetteMidler) August 26, 2020

Minutes later, she tweeted: “Oh, God. She still can’t speak English.”

Oh, God. She still can’t speak English.

— bettemidler (@BetteMidler) August 26, 2020

Midler’s xenophobic tweets about Trump sparked a backlash from the right — and the left, from many who pointed out that Melania Trump actually speaks five languages and English is not her first language.

Conservative media personality Allie Beth Stuckey tweeted: “Called it. The same people who call Trump a racist.”

Called it. The same people who call Trump a racist. https://t.co/qxHPZ3sfxy

— Allie Beth Stuckey (@conservmillen) August 26, 2020

Radio host Dana Loesch noted that Midler could only speak one language: “Xenophobe who speaks one language mocks immigrant who can speak five.”

Xenophobe who speaks one language mocks immigrant who can speak five. https://t.co/zgZ9tWVwdr

— Dana Loesch (@DLoesch) August 26, 2020

Journalist Ryan Saavedra tweeted the five languages that Trump is fluent in, including: her native language of Slovenian, English, French, Serbian, and German.

Melania Trump is fluent in 5 languages:

-Slovenian
-English
-French
-Serbian
-German

How many languages do you speak? https://t.co/l8WXrTqWMw

— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) August 26, 2020

Veteran actor James Woods pointed out the hypocrisy of the Democrat Party: “The party of diversity mocks an American for her accent…”

The party of diversity mocks an American for her accent… https://t.co/K0Bm2IvvBK

— James Woods (@RealJamesWoods) August 26, 2020

Conservative politico Benny Johnson also noted that hypocrisy: “Amazing that open racism exists in the Democratic Party but NO ONE in their party calls it out.”

Amazing that open racism exists in the Democratic Party but NO ONE in their party calls it out https://t.co/9X6Ofyff3S

— Benny (@bennyjohnson) August 26, 2020

Red State Editor Brandon Morse contrasted Trump’s message of “hope and positivity” and Midler’s comment. He tweeted: “An immigrant woman, who doesn’t have English as her first language, just got up on on a stage and was so gracious that she refused to attack classless people like you and instead focused on hope and positivity. I’ll take her accent over your ghoulishness any day.”

An immigrant woman, who doesn’t have English as her first language, just got up on on a stage and was so gracious that she refused to attack classless people like you and instead focused on hope and positivity. I’ll take her accent over your ghoulishness any day. https://t.co/0PPR7bI4rp

— Brandon Morse (@TheBrandonMorse) August 26, 2020

Music video director Robby Starbuck mirrored Midler’s own comment in a mocking tweet: “Oh God. Bette’s still a horrible bigot.”

Oh God. Bette’s still a horrible bigot. https://t.co/VCzKSNlmjn

— Robby Starbuck (@robbystarbuck) August 26, 2020

Asian-American entrepreneur Lisa Song Sutton tweeted: “My Mother and many immigrants to this country have an accent due to English being their second, third, fourth language… @BetteMidler = xenophobe.”

My Mother and many immigrants to this country have an accent due to English being their second, third, fourth language…@BetteMidler = xenophobe https://t.co/LyiWIDTeXR

— Lisa Song Sutton (@LisaSongSutton) August 26, 2020

Conservative host Jason Rantz called out Hollywood’s silence on Midler’s tweet: “When did @BetteMidler become such a virulent racist and why is woke Hollywood cool with this? Because she’s washed up and stuck on crappy Netflix shows? How’s this an acceptable criticism of Melania? So disgusting. @FLOTUS gave a great speech.”

When did @BetteMidler become such a virulent racist and why is woke Hollywood cool with this? Because she’s washed up and stuck on crappy Netflix shows? How’s this an acceptable criticism of Melania? So disgusting. @FLOTUS gave a great speech. https://t.co/9R1iJ1QPPn

— (((Jason Rantz))) on KTTH Radio (@jasonrantz) August 26, 2020

Conservative African author Obianuju Ekeocha recalled when she once admired Midler, tweeting that today she sees her “ruthless xenophobia.” “I’m disgusted & ashamed.”

I remember back in my secondary school days in Nigeria,I sat down with my best friend to watch the movie Beaches.
Oh how we wept with emotion and how we came to admire this American lady called @BetteMidler .

Today I am seeing her ruthless xenophobia and I’m disgusted & ashamed. https://t.co/98LymBfm83

— Obianuju Ekeocha (@obianuju) August 26, 2020

Actor Nick Searcy, tweeted: “Hollywood leftists are hateful bigots.”

Hollywood leftists are hateful bigots. https://t.co/JK4OW9kI55

— Nick Searcy, INTERNATIONAL FILM & TELEVISION STAR (@yesnicksearcy) August 26, 2020

British talk show host Piers Morgan also mocked Midler’s tweet: “Oh, God. Bette Midler’s a racist.”

Oh, God. Bette Midler’s a racist. https://t.co/spfK9GIX4X

— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) August 26, 2020

Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer also stuck up for Trump:

Actually she can. It’s one of 5 languages she can speak https://t.co/8OXRRJJLP2

— Sean Spicer (@seanspicer) August 26, 2020

And a number of other prominent conservative figures slammed Midler as well on Wednesday morning:

Hollywood elitist snobs are genuinely intolerable. You’ll never encounter a more useless group of ignoramuses, thoroughly convinced of their own inflated sense of self worth. Exhibit 3,793,592 👇🏻👇🏻 https://t.co/1vJztK03nF

— Dan Bongino (@dbongino) August 26, 2020

She fled communism and speaks 5 languages. Show some respect, bigot. https://t.co/0cZ52cs6AV

— Brigitte Gabriel (@ACTBrigitte) August 26, 2020

Several parents have thanked me for inviting @FLOTUS to my Opioid events, saying they got their child help because of her involvement. Melania Trump has done more for our kids in her little finger than you have, in your whole xenophobic body.
Typical Hollywood hypocrite. https://t.co/Ac0Jq9n9ZT

— 🇺🇸 ERIC BOLLING 🇺🇸 (@ericbolling) August 26, 2020

these people are despicable https://t.co/u7Ih277QP3

— Tim Pool (@Timcast) August 26, 2020

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/...m_medium=social
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 09:18 PM
She deserves to be hammered. Like I say, you can find and idiot and quote them, it doesn't make it news and it doesn't represent one side or another.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 11:23 PM
So Kenosha News is killing all other stories today? I'm not seeing any RNC coverage.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/26/20 11:34 PM
hard to continue a ridiculous white grievance convention when yet another video of an unarmed black man has been shot.

besides, riots are the one thing all media loves more than Trump.
So nice to see and hear what a wonderful Nation we have created and enjoy! thumbsup
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 12:12 AM
So nice to see and hear what a wonderful Nation we have created and enjoy! thumbsup
Yes, it's like Hitler wrote you a lullaby.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 01:28 AM
Lou Holtz is speaking, didn't know he was still alive.
Lou Holtz likes America and wants president Trump to be reelected.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 01:40 AM
Don't Change Horses Midstream!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 01:52 AM
One side forgets "Under God" in the pledge
Other side forgets "indivisible" in the pledge.
Didn't we used to recite it every day in school?

I pledge allegience, to the Flag, of the United States of America;
And to the Republic, for which it stands;
One Nation, Under God, Indivisible, With Liberty, and Justice, for all.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 02:41 AM
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 03:42 AM
Madison Cawthorn, running for Congress at age 25, tells RNC young people can 'change the world'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/madison-cawth...-021500026.html

“If you don’t think young people can change the world, then you don’t know American history,” Cawthorn said. “George Washington was 21 when he received his first military commission. Abe Lincoln was 22 when he first ran for office. And my personal favorite, James Madison, was 25 when he signed the Declaration of Independence.”

James Madison did not sign the Declaration of Independence at any age.

______

Probably should learn some history first. Good god does nobody fact check their speeches first before getting up on stage at the RNC?
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 11:08 AM
And another one:

Lara Trump Seems To Have Gotten Her Abraham Lincoln Quote From A Meme -- And It's Wrong

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/lara-trump-lincoln-quote-071441902.html

Conservatives whine about fake news while promoting fake news. Good god....
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 11:58 AM
#RealReasonsWhyToNotVoteForTrump. rolleyes
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 12:03 PM
Bro your hash tag game sucks.

Like honestly, your post now just reminds me of some drunk uncle nobody cares about anymore. It’s pathetic.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 12:10 PM
Your entire game sucks. You are the guy who isn't willing to work for a living, lives off those that do, and complains about how unfair life is.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 12:15 PM
Says the guy living off the money bag after being a snitch.

Atleast I got out the army and started buying properties to rent out. Guaranteed I pay more taxes that your fake ass does, fraud.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 12:20 PM
I never snitched about anything and I have already told you that. But, you keep lying in some lane-ass attempt to discredit me. And I still work for a living. You work at crying and complaining. Although, I guess you do help support drug dealers.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 12:20 PM
Snitch
Posted By: Jester Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 12:21 PM
From the article:

Michael Burlingame, a chair in Lincoln studies at the University of Illinois Springfield, told PolitiFact last year that Lincoln’s comments were “denouncing mob violence which would lead to chaos, provoking the public to demand law and order, which would be provided by an ambitious leader who would rule tyrannically.”

Seems quite prophetic
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 12:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Jester
From the article:

Michael Burlingame, a chair in Lincoln studies at the University of Illinois Springfield, told PolitiFact last year that Lincoln’s comments were “denouncing mob violence which would lead to chaos, provoking the public to demand law and order, which would be provided by an ambitious leader who would rule tyrannically.”

Seems quite prophetic

Trumps America.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 12:55 PM
Quote:

You are aware that the Susan B. Anthony organization turned down Trumps Pardon.. Mostly because they believe he'd doing that to garner acceptance from White Middle Class women.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 12:57 PM
Quote:

You are aware that the Susan B. Anthony organization turned down Trumps Pardon.. Mostly because they believe he'd doing that to garner acceptance from White Middle Class women.

I find it honorable that the Democratic party only does things because of the goodness that resides in their hearts and none of their moves are political in nature.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 01:03 PM
Quote:

I find it honorable that the Democratic party only does things because of the goodness that resides in their hearts and none of their moves are political in nature.

LOL,, Hardly.. But when it comes to hollow acts, Trump is the King
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 01:04 PM
Quote:

And we thank you for recognizing that.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 01:06 PM
Got em
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 01:14 PM
Don't worry. You have reinforcements on the way.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 02:25 PM
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 03:10 PM
Trump says he saved 51 million jobs in pandemic. Economists, U.S. officials say otherwise

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-says-saved-51-million-110528571.html

Getting fact checked by people who support him.

Also, we’ve already seen numerous times business lying about the # of workers they have in order to get more funding.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 05:15 PM
Trump says he saved 51 million jobs in pandemic. Economists, U.S. officials say otherwise

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-says-saved-51-million-110528571.html

Getting fact checked by people who support him.

Also, we’ve already seen numerous times business lying about the # of workers they have in order to get more funding.

Sadly since it oozed from his word hole his followers will gobble it down like baby birds. Despite the fact checking proving otherwise.
Posted By: fishtheice Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 05:32 PM

MSNBC uses Seattle's mayor to ‘fact-check’ Kristi Noem’s claim that Democratic cities are hellholes
by Becket Adams

August 27, 2020

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem claimed Wednesday at the 2020 Republican National Convention that Democratic-controlled cities are “being overrun by violent mobs.”

To “fact-check” the governor on this assertion, MSNBC interrupted its convention coverage to bring on, of all people, Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan. Yes, that Mayor Durkan. As in the mayor who allowed Seattle’s lawless Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, which was rebranded later as Capitol Hill Organized Protest, to flourish in the heart of her city. As in the mayor who waited until at least six separate shooting incidents and two murders left her with no choice but to tear down the protesters’ Mad Max hellscape and finally restore some semblance of order.

“It took 244 years to build this great nation, flaws and all, but we stand to lose it in a tiny fraction of that time if we continue down the path taken by the Democrats and their radical supporters,” Noem said Wednesday evening.

She added, “From Seattle and Portland to Washington and New York, Democrat-run cities across this country are being overrun by violent mobs. The violence is rampant. There’s looting, chaos, destruction, and murder. People that can afford to flee have fled. But the people that can’t — good, hardworking Americans — are left to fend for themselves.”

It was at that moment Wednesday evening that MSNBC’s perpetually indignant Rachel Maddow interrupted her network’s coverage of the convention to “fact-check” the governor.

“We're just going to interject here just for a moment,” said the cable host. “As we have said over the course of this coverage, we will interject when we feel like there is something that's important and deliberate and very wrong that should be corrected just so that we feel responsible about our broadcast.”

Maddow added, “Joining us for more on [Noem’s remarks] and to essentially run a reality check on that assertion is the mayor of the great city of Seattle, Jenny Durkan.”

Said the mayor, “[Noem’s] caricature of the great cities across America is not only wrong, it is purposefully wrong. I think she needs to get off Twitter and get off Fox News and come see our city.”

Now is as good a time as any to remind you that when neo-secessionists seized control of a six-block radius of Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood, declaring themselves the self-appointed masters of that territory, Seattle’s impotent mayor went on CNN to defend the so-called “autonomous zone” as something “more like a block party” than an “armed takeover.”

“We’ve got four blocks in Seattle that you just saw pictures of that is more like a block party atmosphere,” she told CNN host Chris Cuomo.

On the first night of the CHOP’s weekslong occupation of Seattle’s Capitol Hill, local rapper Raz Simone was reported roaming the zone with an AK-47 and a pistol, screaming through a megaphone, “This is war!” Simone then used his newfound authority as a self-appointed warlord of an unlawful movement to order armed insurrectionists to take shifts guarding the zone’s makeshift barricades. Simone was also filmed allegedly “assaulting multiple protesters who disobeyed his orders, informing them that he was the ‘police’ now, sparking fears that he was becoming the de facto warlord of the autonomous zone,” according to City Journal contributing editor Christopher Rufo. “A homeless man with a baseball bat wandered along the borderline and two unofficial medics in medieval-style chain mail stood ready for action.”

Durkan, for her part, insisted on CNN that the CHOP was “not an armed takeover.”

“It’s not a military junta,” she said. “We will make sure that we can restore this, but we have block parties and the like in this part of Seattle all the time. It’s known for that.”

At least two people were shot and killed in and around the CHOP. Several others were injured in shooting incidents, pushing city officials eventually to pull the plug on the protesters’ free-form experiment in modern secession.

But, yes. By all means, let us hear what Mayor Durkan has to say in response to Gov. Noem’s assertion that Democrat-run cities are being “overrun by violent mobs."

The funny thing is: One can level a measured and reasonable counterargument in response to the governor’s address. But to hand that responsibility to Mayor Durkan, of all people? That is like going to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo for advice on how best to stop the spread of a viral disease in nursing homes. Thanks, but no thanks.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini...s-are-hellholes
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 05:36 PM
Trump's America.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 05:54 PM
Quote:
“It took 244 years to build this great nation, flaws and all, but we stand to lose it in a tiny fraction of that time if we continue down the path taken by the Democrats and their radical supporters,” Noem said Wednesday evening.

This is the only real takeaway I get from that article.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 06:01 PM
When that's all you want to hear that happens.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/27/20 06:28 PM
Quote:

This is the only real takeaway I get from that article.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I listened to a great interview on the radio today that was Mayor Holt (Oklahoma City) and Mayor Lucas (Kansas City). A Dem and an Rep. Both spoke articulately and highlighted real challenges and perceived/media invented challenges.... Holt is a a Republican but he was at pains to highlight that this imagined battle for America's soul is fiction. We aren't enemies if we don't agree politically. The country was fine under Obama and it will be fine again whenever the next Dem is POTUS. His advise for those thinking that every city was burning and there is/was conflict all around us .... turn off the media.

No idea what the chances would be but Holt was someone easily more electable for me than Biden or Trump. He spoke of the need to come together, work together, not to dehumanize those we don't align with politically. Total opposite of Trump and his administration.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 02:23 AM
Time for Trump's acceptance speech and I'm on pins and needles... lmao.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 02:47 AM
He said he took on big pharma and did something to lower the cost of meds.

What did he do?
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 03:00 AM
ranted on twitter about it, i guess.
Posted By: jaybird Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 03:01 AM
he signed a couple executive orders trying to lower drug prices.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 03:03 AM
how come Trump's family members keep glossing over the 180k deaths due to COVID?

for god's sake, Eric tried to claim the dems talk about that too much.

are you freaking serious?
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 03:10 AM
god you can tell he wants to ditch the teleprompter and YOLO the speech
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 03:15 AM
Trump sounds like a souncloud rapper who is clearly reading off the iphone while in the booth.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 03:48 AM
Originally Posted By: jaybird
he signed a couple executive orders trying to lower drug prices.

I found it. This will help people.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/07/2...-americans.html
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 03:49 AM
Trump sounds like a souncloud rapper who is clearly reading off the iphone while in the booth.

For some reason, my 'like' button isn't working tonight.
I'm motivated to do extra work, this time.

rofl
Posted By: Jester Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 03:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg

For some reason, my 'like' button isn't working tonight.
I'm motivated to do extra work, this time.

rofl

My "like" button hasn't worked for a while now
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 03:56 AM
Lmao, Bro seriously though.

The speech was a snooze fest. They were literally better off allowing him to just wing it like he always does.

Trump supporters knocked Biden for reading off a teleprompter. Well they need to explain this then. Cause trump reads like a 3rd grader trying to a read to his uninterested parents a story about dinosaurs. Good lord that was terrible.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 04:20 AM

The speech was a snooze fest. They were literally better off allowing him to just wing it like he always does.

Trump supporters knocked Biden for reading off a teleprompter. Well they need to explain this then. Cause trump reads like a 3rd grader trying to a read to his uninterested parents a story about dinosaurs. Good lord that was terrible.

Actually, Trump supporters don't need to do a damn thing but vote for him. Just like Biden supporters don't need to do a damn thing but vote for their man.

All the other stuff is just whiny crap from both sides that will never change a thing.
Boring, but effective (I think) acceptance speech by Trump ...... but the fireworks were incredible! That was the best fireworks display I have ever seen. The opera single singing the national anthem was impressive too.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 04:36 AM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Boring, but effective (I think) acceptance speech by Trump ...... but the fireworks were incredible! That was the best fireworks display I have ever seen. The opera single singing the national anthem was impressive too.

Agree.
I don't think he changed any minds, but I don't think that Biden did either.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 04:45 AM
I don't think he changed any minds, but I don't think that Biden did either.

Yes and no. I think some fence sitters might be swayed.

But ultimately the debates will sort them.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 06:59 AM
Posted By: mac Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 10:53 AM
Chris Wallace nailed it and I believe there is a faction of the viewers who appreciate Wallace's honest assessment.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 11:19 AM
Trump campaigns shamelessly with huge crowds at the WH not wearing masks while thousands of Americans die everyday. While we have 20% unemployment. While their unemployment compensation dwindles. While two hurricanes hit the Gulf coast. After 4 years......At what point is trump going to actually do the job he swore on the Bible to do?

Trump’s America..... 100% horse crap........

Posted By: mac Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 11:50 AM
THE HEADLINE READS...

Aug. 4, 2020 -

Trump Campaign Encourages Supporters to Wear Masks
Posted By: mac Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 12:08 PM
THE HEADLINE READS...

Newsweek - Aug 4, 2020 -

Trump Campaign Tells Supporters to Wear Masks, Says There's Been 'Some Confusion Surrounding Usage'
Posted By: Damanshot Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 12:13 PM
I think back to the names varies eras that have gone before... Roaring 20's, the Great Depression, Civil War... Etc.

I'm convinced that 20 or 30 or more years into the future, this will known as the era of Trumps Race War...

Or the Trump Pandemic of 2020!

Trump will go down as the Joseph McCarthy that got through.....

I do believe the Mark Meadows, Mitch McConnells, Lindsey Grahams, Matt Gaitz, Jim Jordans of the world will be held accountable complicity.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 01:06 PM

Burning Man has a fireworks display each year that makes what trump just did look like a pre event warm up. Just saying.
Posted By: mac Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 01:15 PM
jc...

THE HEADLINE READS...

Mail on line - Aug 28 - link

Hundreds of maskless Republicans crowd together on the White House lawn to watch Donald Trump's convention speech

Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 01:23 PM
Any trump supporters out there wanna explain the o me why trumps economic advisor is trash talking Canada?

So amongst all the other allies trump Decided to beef with, now our neighbors up north are problems?
Posted By: Damanshot Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 01:36 PM
Any trump supporters out there wanna explain the o me why trumps economic advisor is trash talking Canada?

So amongst all the other allies trump Decided to beef with, now our neighbors up north are problems?

Guess you haven't been paying attention, Canada has been a problem for Trump since before he was elected...

I mean they are proof we could have healthcare for all.... he can't stand that.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 01:41 PM
What's up with Navarro? Let's say the man is incredibly dumb...
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 01:43 PM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
What's up with Navarro? Let's say the man is incredibly dumb...

Or he's just a spineless lackey doing what he thinks will win him Trump approval.... or a bit of both.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 01:51 PM
... Canada has been a problem for Trump ...

I certainly have had the impression that Trump's administration (not the American people) is letting us to hang out to dry. We are your your biggest trading partner...
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 03:55 PM
Fact check: Trump makes more than 20 false or misleading claims in accepting presidential nomination

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/27/politics/rnc-night-four-fact-check/index.html

Doesn’t even matter. The people that support trump see themselves in him. They like the trash he says because they also believe it as well.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 04:13 PM
Fact check: Trump makes more than 20 false or misleading claims in accepting presidential nomination

Doesn’t even matter. The people that support trump see themselves in him. They like the trash he says because they also believe it as well.

#FACTSDONTMATTER

Been saying that hashtag for a while ... it's not in jest, it's the damn truth.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 04:43 PM
j/c

This should make the man immediately qualified to be a top campaign official in trump's reelection campaign.

RNC Speaker Facing Federal Charges Of Insider Trading

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/25/905953942/rnc-speaker-facing-federal-charges-of-insider-trading
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 04:49 PM
wow, even the black people he find to coon for him end up being corrupt douchebags.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 04:56 PM
Posted By: Swish Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 04:57 PM

#facts
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 05:02 PM
If I were Biden (someone that's held various positions of power in this govt for a VERY long time), I would be much more hesitant to go down that road.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 05:03 PM
#factsdontmatter.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 05:03 PM

#FACTSDONTMATTER

Been saying that hashtag for a while ... it's not in jest, it's the damn truth.

Probably right.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/28/20 11:00 PM
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
#factsdontmatter.

Agreed. Especially when it comes to black on black crime. The folks who are always screaming at the top of their lungs about white people, racism, and police brutality ignore the topic of black-on-black crime while insulting and making fun of anyone who brings it up.

So yes, #factsdontmatter
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/29/20 12:26 AM
#butwhataboutblackonblackcrime
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/29/20 02:22 AM
Lord & Taylor is closing all of its stores after 194 years in business

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/27/business/lord-and-taylor-store-closures-bankruptcy/index.html

#winning
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/29/20 06:01 AM

I remember Mrs. Neely's 3rd grade class at Roosevelt Elementary.

Trump was that kid who made me bury my head under my arms on the desktop, thinking: "Oh, my God, Mrs. Neely- why did you ask this speed bump to stand and read anything at all? I thought you like me-"

But here we are.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/29/20 01:05 PM
trump was the kid you hoped you never got pinned with for your group project. You knew he’d do nothing yet take credit for everything.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/29/20 01:20 PM
trump was the kid you hoped you never got pinned with for your group project. You knew he’d do nothing yet take credit for everything.

A truly brilliant analogy. Simple yet blinding, obviously accurate.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/29/20 11:10 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
If I were Biden (someone that's held various positions of power in this govt for a VERY long time), I would be much more hesitant to go down that road.

Back from my suspension cause I didn't agree with RocketOptimist's beliefs.

Biden has been in the government for so long you can pin literally anything on him at any given time. Its not a good road for him to go down. A list of over 500 different questionable votes and items made by Joe Biden could be had right now.

This is not a fight he wants to start. Better yet, he needs to start answering some questions. He's still running for president right? Guy's been hiding taking questions once a week, Trump is out there every day leading the good fight like the true warrior he is.

#TrumpWarrior2020
Posted By: fishtheice Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/30/20 02:30 AM

thumbsup
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/30/20 12:45 PM
Oh. Yeah, trump has been out there answering the real questions. Like, what are your plans for your second term? He came up with this wordsmith gem of meaningless babble...

"But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done,"

Such a powerful speaker. Such a nimble mind.

When Hannity threw him the same softball question a few weeks back this poured from his feeble brain...

“ One of the things that will be really great -- the word experience is still good, I always say talent is more important than experience, I've always said that -- but the word experience is a very important word, a very important meaning.

"I never did this before, never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington maybe 17 times and all of a sudden I'm the President of the United States, you know the story, riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our first lady and I say this is great but I didn't know very many people in Washington, it wasn't my thing. I was from Manhattan, from New York, and now I know everybody. And I have great people in the administration. You make some mistakes, like an idiot like Bolton, you don't have to drop bombs on everybody."

Get that man a michrophone and record everything he says. We’ll all be so much more informed.

Very stable moron.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/30/20 02:50 PM
Back from my suspension cause I didn't agree with RocketOptimist's beliefs.

Yeah, I'm sure that's what you were suspended for.

rofl

Quote:
#TrumpWorseThanBiden2020

Fixed it for you.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/30/20 02:51 PM
I saw about a 15 minute cut up of Biden talking yesterday and all his gaffes. I had tears coming out of my eyes I was laughing so hard and there were times I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard.

I just had the same reaction reading those Trump quotes.

Oy vey. This country.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/30/20 02:56 PM
LOL...........it is amazing that these are the two dudes who we have chosen to lead our country.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 08/31/20 01:13 PM
Watching this whole mess again (just like in 2016) is like being forced to watch the Pufenstuf movie. Now which one is Cling and Which one is clang. Trump or Biden?

Posted By: Clemdawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/02/20 06:26 PM
I think the entire convention was captured brilliantly in just 2.5 minutes.

Friend of a friend, composer did this in about 3 hours:

*full screen/sound up
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/02/20 06:32 PM
I just saw your FB on this. Hilarious!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/02/20 09:34 PM
I'm listening,(edit: listening to commentators) and the subject is,
Political Messages in End Zones of NFL Stadiums.
It dawns on me,
That is Joe Bidens' America, and I think,

When people sit down to watch their favorite Qb run or pass a touchdown

and they cross the goal line and if they're going to have to read some messed up political message all over the End Zone Writing,

That it's going to be a big boost for the Republican ticket.

Women are people too, and Women voters cut through the Bull.
And if nobody ever wanted to make a comment that Trump made on some "Bus" 16 years ago,
Then there wouldn't be any people.
Posted By: Lyuokdea Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/02/20 09:49 PM
It dawns on me,

and they cross the goal line and if they're going to have to read some messed up political message all over the End Zone Writing,

And if nobody ever wanted to make a comment that Trump made on some "Bus" 16 years ago,

Reading one of your posts is like exploring a corn maze...
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/02/20 09:54 PM
For michigan fans, if you're confused, here you go:

https://www.ebaumsworld.com/images/cornmaze-for-michigan-fans/80784383/
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/02/20 10:04 PM
rofl
Posted By: Lyuokdea Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/02/20 11:08 PM

Indeed.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/02/20 11:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Lyuokdea
It dawns on me,

Reading one of your posts is like exploring a corn maze...
( Some may be smart enough to just, walk through the corn)

DeWine and the democrats are the party of Control!
Faucci was talking,
Someone just said, ( OH NO! Labor Day!)
They said, OH NO< if you have a BBQ

OH NO if it rains,you can't go inside! That would be D! D! D! Dangerous

Nobody on earth could be responsible enough to maybe wear masks or stay apart inside, OH NO! Not without your "Control" Democratic Govt. :Big Brother:
Sceintist, / Worry Wort!

Telling you, OH NO, IF YOU HAVE A BBQ FOR L L L LABOR DAY, (shiver shiver shiver) you can't go inside or you m m might spread the V V V V Virus!

They will never let you breath a free breath of fresh air again if you allow them to control you.
Just be aware.

----
Biden's future is "made in china" while
Trumps' future is " Made in the USA" - Donald Trump.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/02/20 11:32 PM
Pelosi goes to a salon in SF while the masses are not allowed to get their hair cut.

So reminds me of hearing all my life how communist countries like Cuba, Soviet Union, or N. Korea, have things like
Nice hotels
health care
and plenty of food for the Government Party Elite,

but not for the regular guy.

Oh Democrats, you so fit the mold. It's a real shame I say.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/02/20 11:51 PM
Eh, nothing to see here. She claims she was set up by Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/pelosi-slammed-trump-private-hair-194527847.html

Quote:
n a press conference in San Francisco on coronavirus legislation, Pelosi claimed she was misled by the neighborhood salon. Security footage showed her at one point wearing a mask around her neck instead of over her face.

Quote:
"I take responsibility for trusting the word of the neighborhood salon that I've been to, over the years, many times, and that when they said what we're able to accommodate people one person at a time, and that we can set up that time, I trusted that. As it turns out, that was the setup." Pelosi told reporters. "So, I take responsibility for falling for a setup. And that's all I'm going to say on that."

Despite knowing the rules and regulations...........she was set up"??

Best yet: Nancy:
Quote:
"I just had my hair washed. I don't wear a mask when I'm washing my hair. Do you wear a mask when you're washing your hair? I always wear a mask," Pelosi said Wednesday when asked. "And that picture is when I just came out of the bowl."

Is she so elite she can't wash her hair at her home, like, uh.............99.999999 percent of us do?

This is odd:
Quote:
But on Tuesday night, the salon's owner told Fox News in a phone interview that the indoor, unmasked visit violated citywide COVID-19 restrictions prohibiting indoor services and blow-drying services at hair salons.
I guess those covid restrictions only apply to 'normal' people. How's her district doing with homelessness, and sewage in the streets?

Hmmm...........unless you are 'improtant'?
Quote:
A statement from the San Francisco mayor's office posted Friday states that outdoor services at hair salons -- which have been closed since March -- could resume Tuesday -- a day after Pelosi's appointment -- but added that "services may not be provided indoors" and masks must be worn.

"Outdoor personal services that can operate include haircuts, barber services, massages and nail services. Only those services where both clients and providers can be masked at all times are allowed to resume," it reads.

Another odd thing, what with nancy saying she only had her hair washed..........does she not have clean running water in her mansion?
Quote:
The new guidance which took effect September 1 also states shampooing is not allowed and that stylists must not see multiple customers at once.

But yeah, she was set up. By trump. Right? How many rules did she break? But it's trump's fault somehow? She was set up be her thinking she's better than anyone else. CAn't wash her hair at home?????

And people support this person? Support her. You'll be next to be prosecuted for doing what she does.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 12:15 AM

In her own words. The speaker of the house. She takes responsibility for trusting the neighborhood salon she's been to many times over the years, but as it turns out, it was a set up. And that's all I'm going to say about that."

Damn man, I mean, c'mon. How special do you feel you are when you can't even wash your own damn hair????

Who showers her?
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 12:34 AM
Just a quick comment.

Getting your hair washed at the salon isn't an elite thing.

My wife gets her hair washed at the salon every time she goes.

I used to go to a hair salon/studio where they washed my hair before every haircut. Loved it!

Also, you could get a beer or glass of wine if you liked while you were waiting for your appointment (if you had to wait)...loved that too!
Posted By: Pdawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 12:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Just a quick comment.

Getting your hair washed at the salon isn't an elite thing.

My wife gets her hair washed at the salon every time she goes.

I used to go to a hair salon/studio where they washed my hair before every haircut. Loved it!

Also, you could get a beer or glass of wine if you liked while you were waiting for your appointment (if you had to wait)...loved that too!

Except the Salons are closed in California.
Do as I say, not as I do Democrat leadership,
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 12:45 AM
Only closed to the minions..........the ones she supposedly represents. But, she was set up, according to her.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 12:48 AM
I was only commenting about getting your hair washed at a salon.

Now....shame on Pelosi!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 12:49 AM
Do as I say, not as I do Democrat leadership,

Trump says "do not vote by mail!" Then votes by mail.

Shameful!
Posted By: Pdawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 12:53 AM
It isn’t that it is a big deal. It just another example of the ruling class hypocrisy. All of Congress does this crap and it gets old.
If you can go out to the grocery story and get your hair done at the salon, you can most certainly go out to vote.

Otherwise you are Milk Toast.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 12:58 AM
No. I'll vote by mail and at the polls just like Donald J. Trump says to do! I'll submit many votes.

Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 01:01 AM
And fortunately, Ohio Secretary of State, Frank LaRose has sent out those unsolicited absentee ballot applications! We have received ours.

Don't forget to vote for the loser Joe Hiden.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 01:08 AM
Hiden Biden! Sleepy Joe!.....early and often and then some more.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 01:35 AM
GOPers are hilarious! Picking on Pelosi for her haircut... Like Trump, Melania, and the kids haven't had their hair done all through this. Comical outrage.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 01:51 AM
And the GOP are trying to get the economy open again, and Operation Warp Speed is trying to get a vaccine approved quicker than ever.

The democrats want to keep the country shut down, and shut more of it down, costing th-, hundreds of thousands of jobs, all across the USA, and while many places have Barber shops open,
Where Pelosi did this they are not,

So it's a slap in the face to regular people, like shop owners, barbers, and people who like getting a haircut when it's too long,

For this to go on, think about it, Pelosi sure seems to be able to get a haircut in any of the states where it is open, but instead, she did this.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 02:39 AM
And the GOP are trying to get the economy open again, and Operation Warp Speed is trying to get a vaccine approved quicker than ever.

The democrats want to keep the country shut down, and shut more of it down, costing th-, hundreds of thousands of jobs, all across the USA, and while many places have Barber shops open,
Where Pelosi did this they are not,

So it's a slap in the face to regular people, like shop owners, barbers, and people who like getting a haircut when it's too long,

For this to go on, think about it, Pelosi sure seems to be able to get a haircut in any of the states where it is open, but instead, she did this.

It's not as big a slap in the face as dying is... them, their families, friends... But go "Wall Street!"

And Trump slaps half the damn country in the face everyday because he is only POTUS to his base. Kick rocks.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 12:11 PM
Quote:
No. I'll vote by mail and at the polls just like Donald J. Trump says to do! I'll submit many votes.

Am I reading that correctly? Are you saying you would intentionally break the law?
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 12:29 PM
trumps base............

TRUMP: “If you get the unsolicited ballots, send it in and then go, make sure it counted, and if it doesn’t tabulate, you vote. … send it in early and then go and vote, and if it’s not tabulated, you vote, and the vote is going to count. You can’t let them take your vote away."

This is exactly right.

If you vote by mail and your ballot turns out to be unsolicited, it will not be counted.

Check to see if it was counted.

If not, you can still vote in person. If it was tabulated, you will be turned away at the polls and not allowed to vote a second time.

Simple.
You just needed a Republican to splain it to you. thumbsup
Quote:
You just needed a Republican to splain it to you.

rofl You meant spin it. rofl Not what trump said. Pffft trump supporters got their spin on again. Baby potus opens mouth and inserts foot once again and it takes his henchman hours to create a spin on “what the hell did he just say?” moment.

People need purple, Milk!

PURPLE!

I'm going on-site to vote. There is something about doing it live and in-person that envokes the freedom and ability to do so that many don't or didn't have at one time. A sense of pride, if you will.

But I'll probably try and get back in line a few times.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 01:41 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

People need purple, Milk!

PURPLE!

I'm going on-site to vote. There is something about doing it live and in-person that envokes the freedom and ability to do so that many don't or didn't have at one time. A sense of pride, if you will.

But I'll probably try and get back in line a few times.

Lots of purple!!

I, too, am going to vote in person. Who can resist getting one of those 'I Voted Today' stickers?!?

Getting in line a few times is an excellent idea. thumbsup
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 02:44 PM
I hope EVERY Trump supporter votes multiple times. Then we can prosecute all of them after Trump and Barr are gone. thumbsup

We all got jokes...
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 03:04 PM
j/c...

And fortunately, Ohio Secretary of State, Frank LaRose has sent out those unsolicited absentee ballot applications! We have received ours.

I received mine as well. But I also received one from the previous owner of my home who hasn't lived here in over three years. I hope/expect there are back-end safeguards that would deny this application if I was so inclined to break the law (which I'm not) but I was a bit deterred that I received two.

Not sure if this has happened to other people before or even if it is really that big of a deal.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 10:54 PM
If your faked signature doesn’t match his actual signature your vote won’t count.
It’s really that simple.
If your faked signature doesn’t match his actual signature your vote won’t count.
It’s really that simple.

Good point. Thank you.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 11:08 PM
Oddly enough, a guy in town opened his mail box to find his absentee ballot letter/package opened, and missing the ballot and the return envelope.

My own mail delivery person is.........well, she just doesn't care about jack. I've seen video's of her throwing packages, dropping letters. On windy, rainy days, she leaves the mailbox open.

I trust absentee ballots about zero.

(oh, many complaints have been made about this mail lady. The post office says "not much we can do. Union")

When do you think was the last time I put a bill in the mail box for her to pick up and put in the mail chain?

If you said never? My bad. Took me a few years to not trust her.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 11:11 PM
So drop it in a blue box, or at the post office directly.
I’ve been voting by mail for 19 years. Never an issue. Now they even text me when my vote has been counted.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/03/20 11:17 PM
I guess you didn't read it correctly, or I didn't state it clearly.

Dude has a p.o. box. He opened the box, at the post office. An envelope was in there, opened, and the contents were gone. Like, the ballot, and the return envelope.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/04/20 12:10 AM
I was replying more to your comments about your crappy post carrier.

As to the lost ballot, I’m sure there’d be a way to replace the ballot. I could be wrong but I suspect there’s a way. Or he could vote in person if that was truly needed.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/04/20 01:12 AM
So, you aren't seeing the problem already?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/04/20 01:33 AM
Nope. Just scared people and desperate people making crap up about 'mail voting BAD'.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/04/20 04:29 AM
So... "Fake News"?
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/04/20 09:48 PM
Everybody knows the democrats love fraud and to cheat, especially when it comes to voting, well, if they can't suspress peoples' right to vote the next thing they'll do is annul the votes by adding fake ones.

All we need to know about mail in ballots is there is no identification of the voter.

So that means anyone, Foreign residents, who still live in foreign lands, for all I know, Putin himself would get to vote if the democrats don't want to verify anybody who votes.

Mail in ballots are bad because nobody decides who they are,

Who knows, Maybe 1400 people decide not to vote,
Then! The Democrats look at the roles, find out who didn't vote and let Al Sharpton fill out 1400 ballots in their names.

With no verification, no identity verification, might as well be some ISIS operatives filling out the ballot as far as anyone can know.

And that is the problem, but since the fraud helps democrats, I'm sure many dems are all for it.
Posted By: Lyuokdea Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/04/20 11:01 PM

Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/04/20 11:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Lyuokdea

Oh I should have said verifies

Nobody verifies who they are!

Exactly, good point LY, anybody could send in a ballot for whomever doesn't send one in.

The host of the view, that old red headed wannabe could fill out a ballot belonging to your dead neighbor and the press would be clamoring to have it counted.

We'd never know because they aren't verified.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/05/20 11:01 AM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Well you’re not Biden And exactly what road are you talking about? trump’s deplorable highway? What?
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Republican National Convention - 09/05/20 11:34 AM
Quote:
Everybody knows the democrats love fraud and to cheat

TU

Trump supporters like...........

Sexual assaults
Beauty pageant Scandals
Racial housing discrimination
Mafia ties
Tenant intimidation
bankruptcies
Undocumented polish workers
Marital rape