DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: dawglover05 Trump Cards - 08/05/21 04:59 AM
So…one recurring theme I see brought up frequently is: “Why keep bringing up Trump!? He’s not President anymore.”

I understand that. Historically, presidents almost always bow out and maintain a low profile after they leave office. No real reason to keep bringing them up. I get it.

The counter-argument is that that Trump keeps making this about him, leveraging his influence through marketing, and controlling the overall direction of the Republican Party. He has not taken a back seat like his predecessors.

To that point, I proffer exhibit A:

Trump Cards

I mean…come on…

Why???

I used to consider myself Republican. I left the party because of the changing demeanor and some issues before Trump arrived combined with my own research and realizations behind how destructive political parties really are.

So, honest question, if you still identify as a Conservative or a Republican, do you approve of the former President issuing Trump Cards? If so, will you purchase one?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 05:02 AM
rofl
Posted By: Jester Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 11:41 AM
Just another grift to take your money.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 12:48 PM
He does this because he's going for the money.. That's it.

I can't believe the fools that keep giving him money...

August 14th is right around the corner.. What will be the excuse his supporters give when he's not reinstalled as president.

My Pillow guy starting walking that back right after he said it, so my guess is they'll just find another excuse
Posted By: bonefish Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 12:57 PM

Normally I find politics abhorrent.

In general politcians are power prostitutes. Lies and hypocrisy are the ways of doing business.

trump started something that unleashed the worst of politics. He has turned the republican party into an exclusive club.

The structure of democracy is based upon compromise. Opposing forces meet in the middle. That is a give and take where the balance is a flavor of both.

That is not the case today. The republican party is off the rails. Compromise is not a goal. It has become a party of non inclusive elitists that are tapping into white power and division.

Not so much a matter of race. But one seeking power through race.

A solid regular conservative republican like Bush, Romney etc. Are not the problem. It is the right wing of the party driving division and hatred.

Pockets of the country are going rogue. White extremists have come out of the closet. Their appeal to followers is much like the rise of nazi's. White nationalism and guns.

The country is becoming "race polluted" and "immigrant polluted" this was the calling card of trump.

It is important right now for the democrats to lead. They of course are not without fault. But until the republican party returns to it's roots and at the same time become more progressive and inclusive.

IMO they need to be voted out of power.
Posted By: Swish Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 02:11 PM
I challenge anybody to look at those cards, why trump wants people to carry, and then try and to claim people are overreacting when they make comparisons to Nazis.

I attempted to not call trump and his supporters nazis. I compared him more to Mussolini than hitler.

But now? This is straight up hitler style nonsense. At this point, MAGA hatters might as well put the arm band on as well. Go all in, that way I can at least respect your level of commitment.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 02:20 PM
I didn't think of it that way. I thought it was just another way to siphon funds his way. I'd probably feel different if he were doing this while he was still president.
Posted By: Swish Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 02:26 PM
At this point, based on everything else we know, I have no reason to believe he DIDNT want to try some crap like this while he was president.
Posted By: Jester Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 02:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish
At this point, based on everything else we know, I have no reason to believe he DIDNT want to try some crap like this while he was president.

Want to try?

He did try. But failed miserably like he has at everything else in his life.
Well, everything except suckering the suckers out there
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 03:36 PM
That's how this all works, Trump keeps doing rallies, controlling the party and Republican politicians keep espousing his stupidity. Meanwhile they claim we should just be quiet about it all.

As we can see by these Trump Cards, his cult is still strong.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 03:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish

But now? This is straight up hitler style nonsense. At this point, MAGA hatters might as well put the arm band on as well. Go all in, that way I can at least respect your level of commitment.

rofl
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 03:50 PM
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
I used to consider myself Republican. I left the party because of the changing demeanor and some issues before Trump arrived combined with my own research and realizations behind how destructive political parties really are.

You did your own research?!!! Say it ain't so! Haven't you heard how horrible that is?!!!

saywhat
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 05:36 PM
Haha, well depending on how you view it, it can be horrible.

Ignorance is bliss sometimes.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 05:37 PM
This is stupid. I guess Trump is grasping at having a fan club.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 05:50 PM
I'll be totally honest. I'm surprised to see you say that. Quite frankly, I was waiting for you to bash me over the head for not letting go of something Trump-related. I was wrong, apparently.

And sometimes, I do agree that those on the left shouldn't take criticism of their own and flip it to being how bad Trump is/was.

I just felt like this was a whole new level.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 05:58 PM
There's plenty of other threads to talk about your tds. wink

Im not a Trump fan, but I do get tired of hearing about him.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 07:01 PM
I do, too. And I think that's a fault of a lot of people, including those on the far right that still cling to him.

Sadly, "hearing about him" is probably his number one goal, and we all play into that, myself included. The worst thing that could happen to him - in his mind - is that people move on.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 07:13 PM
As he continues to hold rallies and continues to control many republican politicians, continues to raise funds and continues to be considered for another run at the presidency they don't want us to talk about it. I'd say it's pretty safe to say if they could get him to shut the hell up, so would we.

But they want him to be able to run around Scot-Free along while he and his many minions are continuing to spread the very lies that caused the insurrection while everyone else remain silent. That isn't going to happen.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: Trump Cards - 08/05/21 09:31 PM

So, honest question, if you still identify as a Conservative or a Republican, do you approve of the former President issuing Trump Cards? If so, will you purchase one?

I 'identify' as a conservative AND a republican. I wouldn't buy a trump card if it was free.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 12:50 AM
https://www.facebook.com/jesse.rodgers.424/videos/2941619339384599

OMG This one had me rolling for a second.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 01:10 AM
Thanks Arch.
Posted By: fishtheice Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 02:14 AM
Cards, cards... he don't need no stinking cards...LOL thumbsup

Fantastic news... thumbsup

Trump Puts Democrats on Notice with 'Virtually Unprecedented' Midterm Fundraising Haul

Joe Saunders

August 2, 2021

Inside or outside the White House, Donald Trump keeps making history.

Political action committees for the former president, out of office for more than six months now, have posted more than $82 million in donations in the first half of the year, Politico reported this weekend.

And heading into the midterms next year, that has to make Democrats very uncomfortable.

Between Trump’s Save America PAC and the Make America Great Again PAC, the 45th president has more than $100 million on hand to shape next year’s campaigns.

It’s an amount Politico called “virtually unprecedented.”

“Never in history has a former president banked nine figures’ worth of donations to power a political operation,” staff writers Alex Isenstadt and Meredith McGraw wrote.

Naturally, there was the usual nonsense about supporters being “whipped up” by “baseless” allegations of fraud in the 2020 election — as though Trump backers are such a benighted lot that they refuse to accept the word of CNN and The New York Times that President Joe Biden’s victory was unassailable. (The Democrats’ vampire-and-holy-water reaction to the Maricopa County, Arizona, election audit shows even they don’t believe that.)

But the reality is inescapable: Bans from social media, unrelenting attacks from political opponents (Democratic and Republican), and Emmanuel Goldstein treatment from the propaganda press haven’t dampened his appeal to a vast segment of the American public.

As Politico reported, Trump’s PACs have raised money “on a scale similar to the GOP’s official political arms, the Republican National Committee and the party’s House and Senate campaign committees.”

And that means Trump’s influence is likely to be a major factor in midterm elections that will determine the fate of the Biden presidency.

It doesn’t get nearly enough attention in the mainstream media, but the Democratic hold on power is fingernail thin. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s Democrats have 220 members to Republicans’ 212, meaning a swing of a half-dozen seats in 2022 will turn her back into a minority leader.

https://www.westernjournal.com/trump-put...NnAz78DONBOlebI
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 04:36 AM
So when are you buying yours?

You really have no issue with this? Let’s hear from fish, the person, not fish the copier of right wing articles.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 08:03 AM
Let’s hear from fish, the person, not fish the copier of right wing articles.

No such person exists.
Posted By: fishtheice Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 08:28 AM
So when are you buying yours?

You really have no issue with this?

Big deal, you make a donation and receive a Trump signed card.

What's the difference from this advertisement?

Membership Level:$44 monthly

In honor of the 44th president, your monthly gift of $44 will include a limited-edition enamel pin, our exclusive Obama Foundation Field Notes, and a sticker pack. This colorful pin features a quotation from Mrs. Obama in which she praises her upbringing on the South Side of Chicago.

Your kit will arrive within a few weeks and your monthly donation will continue to support our work until cancelled.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 12:48 PM
So, you are sidestepping the issue with a whataboutism here, but let me address that and distinguish, and I was no huge fan of Obama, but...

1. The $44 donation is for the Obama Foundation, which is a nonprofit organization that offers scholarships, fights racial inequality and is attempting to build a Center in Chicago.

2. Many on the far right cry foul that people still bring up Trump, but still bring up Obama, as you did.

3. The marketing for the Trump Card, vs the Obama donation states as follows:

"They will be a sign of your dedicated support to our movement to SAVE AMERICA, and I'm putting my full trust in you,” the email added.

The second email said the “Official Trump Cards” would be “reserved for President Trump's STRONGEST supporters."

Not exactly apples to apples...
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 02:11 PM
Details, context and facts *should* matter. . .
Posted By: BADdog Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 03:27 PM
So, you are sidestepping the issue with a whataboutism here, but let me address that and distinguish, and I was no huge fan of Obama, but...

1. The $44 donation is for the Obama Foundation, which is a nonprofit organization that offers scholarships, fights racial inequality and is attempting to build a Center in Chicago.

2. Many on the far right cry foul that people still bring up Trump, but still bring up Obama, as you did.

3. The marketing for the Trump Card, vs the Obama donation states as follows:

"They will be a sign of your dedicated support to our movement to SAVE AMERICA, and I'm putting my full trust in you,” the email added.

The second email said the “Official Trump Cards” would be “reserved for President Trump's STRONGEST supporters."

Not exactly apples to apples...

Wow you kinda nailed "What's the difference from this advertisement?" grin Reading Is Fundamental
Posted By: rockdogg Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 05:23 PM
Well Ted Cruz is VERY against having to carry papers to prove stuff, but his dad killed Kennedy and his wife is ugly so......
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 05:35 PM
Hey it's Offical!

The misspelled word official in his "Official" card... Offical sounds like "Of Fecal" like it's a handmaid's name.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 05:40 PM
You can't purchase anything with it but I suspect there will still be an annual fee.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 07:03 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Hey it's Offical!

The misspelled word official in his "Official" card... Offical sounds like "Of Fecal" like it's a handmaid's name.

thats hilarious good catch rofl
Posted By: fishtheice Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 07:25 PM
Originally Posted By: BADdog

thats hilarious good catch rofl

Good catch? LMAO It's on every liberal site...but yeah, good catch. rolleyes
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 07:31 PM
fish over here ragging on someone for copy-pasting from partisan sites.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 07:35 PM
I hear if you say his name three times in the mirror, a free Breitbart subscription shows up in your email. wink

(That’s a joke, fish).
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 08:26 PM
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Trump Cards - 08/06/21 08:46 PM
Must be dated, no way Pence shows up on anything post election.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Trump Cards - 08/07/21 01:55 PM
I’ll stick with my Amex thanks.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Trump Cards - 08/07/21 03:58 PM
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

So you managed to officially join the cult a year earlier than most.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Trump Cards - 08/07/21 05:31 PM
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg

Good catch,, No way Pence is on another ticket with Trump.. I mean, after all, Pence let Trump down by doing his legal duty. Trump will NEVER understand that.. NEVER.
Posted By: rockdogg Re: Trump Cards - 08/07/21 06:16 PM
Absolutely nothing that immediately suggests 3rd Reich whatsoever.
The question is will the average Trump supporter be able to sell their entire MAGA collection to afford the $50 purchase price?
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Trump Cards - 08/07/21 08:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Good catch,, No way Pence is on another ticket with Trump.. I mean, after all, Pence let Trump down by doing his legal duty. Trump will NEVER understand that.. NEVER.

I imagine the whole “Hang Mike Pence!” chant might be a damper to get over as well.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Trump Cards - 08/08/21 03:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

I imagine the whole “Hang Mike Pence!” chant might be a damper to get over as well.

Boy if Trumps attitude towards Pence doesn't show that if you cross Trump, he just kicks you to the curb, nothing will.

All these politicians that are kissing his butt should learn that lesson.. Those that support him should learn that lesson as well.

Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Trump Cards - 08/08/21 04:23 PM
Giuliani is another example. He’ll keep you as long as you praise and actively help him and will instantly discard you the second you are no longer useful.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Trump Cards - 08/08/21 04:39 PM
And it's a disease that has spread rapidly. Look what many of them decided to do to Liz Cheney. Led by Kevin McCarthy.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Trump Cards - 08/08/21 06:04 PM
It's as if the insane are running the asylum.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Trump Cards - 08/08/21 11:25 PM
That situation baffles me totally from a logic perspective. It doesn’t make any sense (it does from a corrupt perspective) when you look at the pattern.

Kevin McCarthy puts responsibility on Trump for Jan 6th.

Liz Cheney does the same thing.

Kevin McCarthy goes to Mar-a-Lago and completely reverses his tune.

Liz Cheney stays consistent.

McCarthy cancels Cheney for saying the same things McCarthy said.

How in the hell does that make sense, objectively?
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Trump Cards - 08/09/21 06:12 AM
That situation baffles me totally from a logic perspective. It doesn’t make any sense (it does from a corrupt perspective) when you look at the pattern.

Kevin McCarthy puts responsibility on Trump for Jan 6th.

Liz Cheney does the same thing.

Kevin McCarthy goes to Mar-a-Lago and completely reverses his tune.

Liz Cheney stays consistent.

McCarthy cancels Cheney for saying the same things McCarthy said.

How in the hell does that make sense, objectively?

To make sense of this, the only thing you need to know is already contained in your timeline:

Quote:
Kevin McCarthy goes to Mar-a-Lago

Bro-
Kevin McPatsy went down to Jabba Da Putz's lair, and got the full "Don Corleone treatment" (California pussies always wilt when Brooklyn/Queens OG's roll up, and take over The Game).
He groveled, soiled his Brooks Brothers trousers... and placed his trembling, subservient lips upon the growing DNA cesspool that clings to 'Fat Donnie's pinky ring.

100% GOP DNA.

Don't overthink this.
It's actually as obvious as it looks.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Trump Cards - 08/09/21 12:23 PM
Oh, I agree. I just wanted to lay it out there as such.
© DawgTalkers.net