DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: mac Bob Dole remembered... - 12/06/21 11:46 AM
Bob Dole was one of the good guys, who gave so much to his country.

Bob Dole, WWII hero and former Republican presidential nominee, dies at 98

Dole survived life-threatening wounds in World War II to become a shepherd of the Republican Party

Dec. 5, 2021, 11:47 AM EST
By Elizabeth Chuck and Doha Madani

Bob Dole, the longtime lawmaker who overcame life-threatening injuries during World War II to become a shepherd of the Republican Party, died in his sleep Sunday at the age of 98.

Dole's death was confirmed by the Elizabeth Dole Foundation in a statement Sunday.

"It is with heavy hearts we announce that Senator Robert Joseph Dole died early this morning in his sleep," the foundation said. "At his death, at age 98, he had served the United States of America faithfully for 79 years."

His family also released a statement about Dole's death Sunday, saying that they have lost their rock, adding that they shared Dole with Americans "from every walk of life" over the decades.

"Bob Dole never forgot where he came from. He embodied the integrity, humor, compassion and unbounded work ethic of the wide open plains of his youth," the statement said. "He was a powerful voice for pragmatic conservatism, and it was that unique Kansan combination of attributes and values that made him such a giant of the Senate."

The story continues via link below...

link
Posted By: mac Re: Bob Dole remembered... - 12/06/21 12:04 PM
We need more leaders like Bob Dole...the kind of leadership Dole exhibited and the code he lived by has all but disappeared.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Bob Dole remembered... - 12/06/21 12:38 PM
RIP Bob..he made difference. A life well lived.
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Bob Dole remembered... - 12/06/21 02:15 PM
RIP Mr. Dole You were a leader to be looked up to.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Bob Dole remembered... - 12/06/21 03:33 PM
He will be missed. Missed the same way we miss more people like him in the Republican party.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: Bob Dole remembered... - 12/06/21 04:29 PM
I remember after he lost the election, he poked fun at himself in a TV commercial and IIRC on SNL, too. He lost gracefully.

It's uh...a little different nowadays.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Bob Dole remembered... - 12/06/21 04:46 PM
You're speaking of s bygone era where integrity and character mattered. Those days are gone.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Bob Dole remembered... - 12/06/21 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
You're speaking of s bygone era where integrity and character mattered. Those days are gone.

I agree. Bob Dole would never, never have abandoned our people in Afghanistan or the $80 billion in equipment.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Bob Dole remembered... - 12/06/21 08:12 PM
You also would be calling him a RINO.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: Bob Dole remembered... - 12/06/21 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
You also would be calling him a RINO.

Lie.

He was all Republican, I would have referred to him as Republican Establishment.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Bob Dole remembered... - 12/06/21 08:32 PM
Well of course you would.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Bob Dole remembered... - 12/07/21 02:23 AM
Decent man for his time. RIP.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: Bob Dole remembered... - 12/07/21 02:27 AM
RIP Mr. Dole. A classy guy. Prayers to your family.

I have other thoughts but I will wait until the thread turns south, as it inevitably will.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: Bob Dole remembered... - 12/07/21 03:37 AM
I'm a fan of old-school candidates/politicians who sacrificed for the country before serving further in elected office. I 'm a fan of John McCain, as well... for the same reason.

There was never any doubt about these two men when issues of integrity and gravitas were concerned.
© DawgTalkers.net