DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: eotab What I saw Game 4 - 10/02/17 12:19 PM
Oh geesh.
What I saw was enough of Kizer, sorry but I can see the rookies mistakes and look aside. But it is the inaccuracy when the pocket is clean and WRs are open he just does not hit those at an alarming high rate. To me that tells me he is NOT THE GUY and I've seen enough to make that Assumption.

Hogan runs the O better although he does not have the talent to be the guy.

Kizer has a problem in reseting his feet relaxing and make the throws.

Run game was there when we pounded. Again we fell behind too much too soon to keep at it.

I saw Williams take a chance on 3rd down and blitz and the OC of Bengals have a perfect call for a Screen to their right where we were overloading the blitz on that side. Untouched 60+ for the TD with minute left...

This was the first game I thought the team gave up.

If you can hear my wife yell at Kenny Britt you would be proud of her. I just watch in silence.

Ogbah played a great game not just the obvious things like a sack/fumble and then recovery it. But he took on two blockers and still maintained the outside responsibility forcing the RB to stop and try to go inside.

These announcers sucked.
The refs sucked also.

They would call us Bengals by mistake. Among so many other mistakes.

Why have a review if you are not going to get the right angle and call a lateral pass just that. And why do we always get that Lady Ref...she blows the whistle right away so that if it was deemed a fumble we lost our opportunity for the scoop 6...possibly he would have been caught from behind and we would have been goal to goal.

Bitt...the missed catch with the ball hitting his shoulder pads as it went through his hands...and then an INT came out of it.
Just shameful.

Thought Louis played well.

Replay shows Kizer in a clean pocket locked in on Higgins with Bengals in a loose zone and Higgins is running a 12 yard hitch throw the ball throw the ball!!! You are looking right at him!!! no first down.

We had WRs open A LOT! terrible throws...even on completed passes. Little underneath patter by Crowell he throws it high where Crowell gathers it in but takes him off his momentum and is easily tackled for little gain.

Of course there was enough blame to go around but Dawgs...the QB sets the tone the QB is the straw that stirs the drink.
Kizer has gotten worse each and every game...Not better...just one step back after one step back.

Unless we are going for the QB pick and sucking...we have to go another direction.

NUMBER VIRTUE of a Franchise QB is accuracy. Kizer is not one.

Again we got burned by the QB scrambling. That edge where Garrett should be is getting burned and doesn't have his speed to recover!

Schobert had a good game. Yeah I know he took a step up on a play action pass but he still got back there to be on coverage but when your QB throws a perfectly placed pass what can you do.

I thought we played the run very well on D.

Soft Safety look is definitely really not Williams fault.
The worst move and only one I will smh at the FO is the releasing of Haden...bad move. The closest thing to a shot down CB that we have is Boughty Calhoun and he's not out there as much as he should be.

If we have 2 deep I cannot understand all the room the CBs are giving the WRs too much cushion...I can see it if we are in Cover 3 but not always the case.

Kizer has both RBs swinging out and there was an obvious over load coming from the right. Crowell swings out where a AHA GOTCHA moment as it was a great call, was there. But he ignored the obvious presnap read of the overload and didn't even look right and got surprised with a pounding hit as if it was from the BLIND SIDE...the field was WIDE open for Crowell...maybe 20 yards before being touched.

Oh well as mentioned probably my last game to view on TV won't be able to post much from my phone. Takes too long as my typing is fast but that is keyboard...phone I'm an amateur...lol laugh

Please don't blow this up. Lets finally get our Franchise QB next year we will have the pick to do it with!

What did you see.
Can hardly walk but going golfing as it might be my last chance in a long time.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/02/17 12:34 PM
I agree about the "giving up" part. Not that we quit, just that we seemed to accept the fate. It's a critical time for Hue IMO. This could quickly go south on him (not just record-wise)
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/02/17 12:36 PM
Who cares anymore. We're a bad football team with no hopes, tools or etc of improving.

What anyone sees is likely negative and pointless, because that's all to see. We're the worst football team in the league
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/02/17 12:59 PM
Deshon Kizer is getting worse cause his surrounding cast is getting worse
Nick Vigil came in untouched on a blitz like a missile cause of a lack blitz pickup i.q by the rb and just destroyed Kizer.
Yeah that kind of hit would make my clock in head my speed up too.
Even the legend Joe Thomas was getting pushed back by rookie Carl Lawson in the pocket more than once
Ogbah hand delivered the offense great field position. But poor play calling and a chip shot miss negated that
Gregg Williams is fools gold people. He's Rob Ryan 2.0 blitz happy big mouth DC. He's scheme isn't working and he's been with 6 teams for a reason
Who in the heck is Tyler Kroft ?
He looked like Jimmy Graham
Oh yeah Dalton was 16 for 16 at one point yesterday.
All I heard out of preseason was how great this defense was going to be
Dalton is Marc Bulger 2.0 and he looks like Tom Brady yesterday
I told everyone this WR core was garbage and I remain correct
Oh yeah it was a home game
Can this team look respectable at home ?
Posted By: willitevachange Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/02/17 01:53 PM
Quote:
blitz happy big mouth DC
Ummmm, we have not been blitzing nearly enough. that is why the QBs have all day to pick us apart.

Quote:
You are acting like EVERYONE thought otherwise. No one person on this board or who watches the NFL would have disagreed with you. Its not some astute observation that we have the worst WR corps in the league.
Posted By: rastanplan Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/02/17 02:41 PM
One of the worst D showing we had,and the blame is on the rookie QB...

Yes, Kizer is not playing well, but at this time, who even cares.He's just the escape goat..
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/02/17 03:14 PM
Or scapegoat. This D was awful yesterday. Are we tanking? We sure are not going after anybody. Peppers could come up about 12 yards. Our offense can do more. Hogan is proof. Convinced DK cannot. Maybe later. But this kid would starve if he got payed piecework. Hogan for a few. This is just ruining DK if the production doesn't come along soon.

Painful to watch. I go in revved up and fan ready. Not much to cheer about, especially on STs.

Seen any changes from last week? Go, Browns.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/02/17 03:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Deshon Kizer is getting worse cause his surrounding cast is getting worse
Kizer is a big part of why we aren't winning. He has guys open early but doesn't throw the ball instead he waits to long and gets sacked or forces a throw.
Nick Vigil came in untouched on a blitz like a missile cause of a lack blitz pickup i.q by the rb and just destroyed Kizer.
Not sure if this is a fault of the OLine or the QB not calling out the blocking adjustments but I see us continually getting beat by teams doing stunts or blitzes because we have 2 or 3 people blocking 1 guy and someone else comes thru untouched.
Yeah that kind of hit would make my clock in head my speed up too.
Even the legend Joe Thomas was getting pushed back by rookie Carl Lawson in the pocket more than once
Even the great ones get beat now and then.
Ogbah hand delivered the offense great field position. But poor play calling and a chip shot miss negated that
It was a 48 yd attempt which isn't a chip shot.
Gregg Williams is fools gold people. He's Rob Ryan 2.0 blitz happy big mouth DC. He's scheme isn't working and he's been with 6 teams for a reason
His scheme isn't working because without Garrett we have very little pass rush and our DBs stink, Peppers is too slow to react and Taylor is just getting abused this year. Yes we are Williams 6th team but he left Tennessee to become the Head Coach of the Bills, he left Washington when Joe Gibbs retired, he was fired by Jacksonville because he and HC Jack Del Rio didn't get along, he left New Orleans because he was suspeneded by the NFL, and he left the Rams when Jeff Fisher was fired. A lot of Defensive Coordinators are with a bunch of different teams. Wade Phillips has been with 9, Mike Nolan 7, Romeo - 4, and so on.
Who in the heck is Tyler Kroft ?
He looked like Jimmy Graham
Oh yeah Dalton was 16 for 16 at one point yesterday.
All I heard out of preseason was how great this defense was going to be
Dalton is Marc Bulger 2.0 and he looks like Tom Brady yesterday
Oh yeah it was a home game
Can this team look respectable at home ?
Posted By: willitevachange Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/02/17 05:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Who cares anymore. We're a bad football team with no hopes, tools or etc of improving.

What anyone sees is likely negative and pointless, because that's all to see. We're the worst football team in the league
Sadly, I concur. We are what we are. At this point in the season, we are not going to get better roster wise. They are going to roll with what they have.

Really makes you start to wonder about this FO.
Posted By: TONY Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/02/17 05:42 PM
Sara Thompson blew an early whistle on us last year to lose us the game when she called a fumble on our game winning drive. It was not a fumble. Duke recovered it but Sara blew the it dead. She is horrible. Not as a person, but on the field!
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/02/17 05:56 PM
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
[quote=Dawg_LB]Who cares anymore. We're a bad football team with no hopes, tools or etc of improving.

What anyone sees is likely negative and pointless, because that's all to see.

See ya next Sunday!
Posted By: willitevachange Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/02/17 07:40 PM
Originally Posted By: TONY
Sara Thompson blew an early whistle on us last year to lose us the game when she called a fumble on our game winning drive. It was not a fumble. Duke recovered it but Sara blew the it dead. She is horrible. Not as a person, but on the field!
I almost forgot about that play.....thanks for reminding me flamingmad
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/02/17 08:08 PM
Originally Posted By: dawg66

His scheme isn't working because without Garrett we have very little pass rush and our DBs stink, Peppers is too slow to react and Taylor is just getting abused this year.

Pretty much this.

Between Kizer and the above, that is the bulk of our issues right now.
We just don't have the talent to stop the pass in this scheme right now, and it is not helping that our DL cannot get to the QB on a regular basis... or, when we do, we leave the left side (defensive right) open for anyone to run for 15 yards. Guys get in there constantly, but they constantly miss and rarely disrupt anything.... and, because they don't make things happen, the QB is able to buy time and the CB's are left trying to cover twice as long as they should have to. Myles Garrett should help things. If nothing else, QB's and RB's shouldn't be able to constantly bounce to their left to clean grass.

As for Kizer.... I said it in preseason: I wanted us to do whatever was best for him and his development; I didn't care at all about "start the best QB" business because it isn't about this season, it is about the next five seasons. I felt that was for him to sit as I didn't think he was ready to be playing -- I believe that he is showing that I was right. I doubt we make the switch to Hogan, however, so Kizer will have to full-on implode or get injured for that switch to be made.
Posted By: jfanent Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/02/17 09:56 PM
Quote:
Kizer is a big part of why we aren't winning. He has guys open early but doesn't throw the ball....

You're making the mighty assumption that the open receiver would actually catch the ball.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 12:09 AM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
As for Kizer.... I said it in preseason: I wanted us to do whatever was best for him and his development; I didn't care at all about "start the best QB" business because it isn't about this season, it is about the next five seasons. I felt that was for him to sit as I didn't think he was ready to be playing -- I believe that he is showing that I was right. I doubt we make the switch to Hogan, however, so Kizer will have to full-on implode or get injured for that switch to be made.

This line of reasoning only works if there are flashes and the Browns win a few games. In other words, they need to avoid having the number one pick. If they get the number one pick, which is looking like it is highly probable, they are drafting a QB...either this regime or the new one. This whole year spent on training Kizer will be one long exercise in futility.

You have to win some games.

This year is going to go down as a complete waste.
Posted By: jaybird Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 12:26 AM
We suck....
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 04:57 AM
Kizer was pressured 8 times Sunday with a so called great offensive line in front of him
4 man pressure. No exotic blitzes. And when Cincy unleashed blitzes from the 2nd level it worked
Anybody notice the Browns had to chip Carl Lawson on Joe Thomas side
When was the last time JT needed help?
I cant ever recall
Zeitler was getting man handled by Atkins too.
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 06:11 AM
Kizer was pressured 8 times Sunday with a so called great offensive line in front of him
4 man pressure. No exotic blitzes. And when Cincy unleashed blitzes from the 2nd level it worked
Anybody notice the Browns had to chip Carl Lawson on Joe Thomas side
When was the last time JT needed help?
I cant ever recall
Zeitler was getting man handled by Atkins too.

1). It was Atkins lol he does that to almost everyone.

2). When kizer holds the ball for an average of over 3 seconds. Pocket will collapse at some point
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 12:13 PM
I thought the pass protection was excellent. Kizer holds the ball way too long.
Posted By: eotab Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 12:31 PM
Originally Posted By: rastanplan

Yes, Kizer is not playing well, but at this time, who even cares.He's just the escape goat..

Yes...cause I think we have a very serviceable team. Play calling is good. I see WRs open, yes too many drops for a unit especially BRITT. But if we had a real QB not even a great one someone maybe a little better than Hoyer we would have had some wins already. This crap about nothing to suround the the rookie is just bs...he isn't the escape goat he is the guy most responsible for our losses. Point Blank no if,
ands or buts about it.

Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 01:37 PM
Have you ever thought Kizer is holding the ball too long is because the Browns WRS can't get seperation?
Browns have the worst skill set of WR in the NFL.
Higgins and Britt couldn't start anywhere else in the NFL
Posted By: willitevachange Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 02:06 PM
Tab, any rookie is going to miss some WR. at least 1 or 2 game. But I am seeing for the most part our guys are just not getting open. I do not see them breaking off routes when kizer starts to scramble to help him out.

I will say AB and Ben are the best at this in the NFL. As soon as that clock hits AB is looking to Ben to see where he is going. Looking for break off and move. That's his biggest attribute. He catches more balls of broken routes than he does on routes. They just have that chemistry and knowledge. We don't have that, or have any WR even trying to do that.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying Kizer is the answer to our looooonnnnngggg problem at QB, he has plenty of issues. I am just pointing out that we have the worst group of WR I have ever seen play on a football team.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 02:09 PM
People like Seth have been getting open and not seen. They point it out here and there on the TV.

Kizer is not helping our crew, and our crew is not helping Kizer because it doesn't seem often there's separation. it's just an overall bad.
Posted By: jfanent Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 03:02 PM
Those who say the receivers are not getting open....were you at the games or have the all 22?
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 03:09 PM
Section 307 I saw the game
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 03:19 PM
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Those who say the receivers are not getting open....were you at the games or have the all 22?

and do you know the routes and reads?

The question isn't simply "are they getting open?", it is "are they getting open at the times they should be for when Kizer is going through reads?".
Posted By: dawg66 Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 04:40 PM
Have you ever thought Kizer is holding the ball too long is because the Browns WRS can't get seperation?

Yes our WRs do have some problems getting separation but when they do get open Kizer waits to long to throw the ball. I've seen quite a few times where he has a guy open underneath on crossing patterns but Kizer is so slow in making his reads that the WR runs himself back into coverage on the other side of the field.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 05:27 PM

Yes our WRs do have some problems getting separation but when they do get open Kizer waits to long to throw the ball. I've seen quite a few times where he has a guy open underneath on crossing patterns but Kizer is so slow in making his reads that the WR runs himself back into coverage on the other side of the field.

I'm thinking that Kizer is second guessing himself and whether or not the DB's can close the gaps on him before he can get the ball there.

He's had a number of INT's already, and I think it is in his head, which means he's thinking too much now. Paralysis by analysis.

He needs to learn the lessons but keep the gunslinger mentality.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 05:42 PM

Which is pretty much what one should expect from a 21 year old rookie in his fourth start.
Posted By: TONY Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 07:38 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab

Yes...cause I think we have a very serviceable team. Play calling is good. I see WRs open, yes too many drops for a unit especially BRITT. But if we had a real QB not even a great one someone maybe a little better than Hoyer we would have had some wins already. This crap about nothing to suround the the rookie is just bs...he isn't the escape goat he is the guy most responsible for our losses. Point Blank no if,
ands or buts about it.

I like this that someone sees it my way! Plus Hue has no clue! When we started the season last year with so many 3 and outs, then again this year with Pitts and the Ravens, I knew we were toast. Hue and Kizer are not our future!!
Posted By: willitevachange Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 08:04 PM
Those saying they are open......are you at the game? Are you watching the Rec or the QB? are the rec open because the db left his assignment because kizer is already on the ground?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 08:19 PM
Yeah the Steelers throttled us!......... By three points.
Posted By: jfanent Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 08:53 PM
Those saying they are open......are you at the game? Are you watching the Rec or the QB? are the rec open because the db left his assignment because kizer is already on the ground?

I believe several of the folks who went to the games said the receivers were open, that's why I asked the question in that manner. You said that for the most part they weren't open, how did you come to that conclusion?
Posted By: Tulsa Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 10:55 PM
Quote:
Kizer is a big part of why we aren't winning. He has guys open early but doesn't throw the ball....

You're making the mighty assumption that the open receiver would actually catch the ball.

Just to test out this theory, I opened one of my Onkyo receivers and tossed a ball into it. It caught it.
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/03/17 11:02 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Which is pretty much what one should expect from a 21 year old rookie in his fourth start.

It still angers me that so many are overlooking this fact.

I really hope Jimmy gives them time to explore. Kizer has the tools, just give him a real, long term shot.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 12:27 AM
Quote:

I'm thinking that Kizer is second guessing himself and whether or not the DB's can close the gaps on him before he can get the ball there.

I think that this is a good point. It's called "anticipation." He doesn't have it yet.

LOL.....well, at least I hope that is the explanation. I sure as heck don't want it to be that he can't process coverages fast enough.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 03:41 AM
In a earlier thread you said Kizer being a 2nd year qb you can't expect too much out of him. Then you proclaimed his surrounding talent was good.
Yet now you want to sit him cause he's struggling ?
Hes shown more than Weeden or Manziel
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 04:25 AM
In a earlier thread you said Kizer being a 2nd year qb you can't expect too much out of him. Then you proclaimed his surrounding talent was good.

As of right now he's weeden 2.0
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 04:42 AM
Originally Posted By: dawgpound101

As of right now he's weeden 2.0

sad how the 5 win seasons with weeden are the good ol days...lol

QB: Brandon Weeden, Colt McCoy

WR: Greg Little, Josh Gordon

LT: Joe Thomas, Oneil Cousins

LG: Jason Pinkston, Jarrod Shaw

C Alex Mack, John Greco

RG: Shawn Lauvao, Dominic Alford

RT: Mitchell Schwartz, Ryan Miller

TE: Ben Watson, Jordan Cameron

WR: Mohamed Massaquoi, Travis Benjamin

FB: Owen Marecic, Brad Smelley

RB: Trent Richardson, Montario Hardesty
Posted By: lionchamp29 Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 04:46 AM
sorry but what i saw was a worse team that people make fun of.
Posted By: slick Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 11:25 AM
Originally Posted By: eotab

ands or buts about it.

Preach brother preach!!!
Posted By: eotab Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 12:42 PM

No...cause I have seen too many REPLAY which I observe sometimes more than once and see OPEN WRS within 2 seconds of the play...very frequently. So I do not blame his holding of the ball too long on WRs not getting separation.
My eyes show me that is not the case.
Posted By: eotab Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 12:44 PM
But I am seeing for the most part our guys are just not getting open.

That just is not the case.
Posted By: eotab Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 12:51 PM
I hope Kizer can turn it around. As stated my litmus test on Good to Great QBs is accuracy. Rookie or not I understand mistakes will happen and will be patient on them.
But its the clean pocket that he drops back or gets it in shotgun and he sees the WR open and he way too often throws a very inaccurate pass. That is why I am saying I highly doubt he is the one. I hope I am wrong...I'd rather be wrong on this.

I just would like to see accuracy with the open WRs whether its a WR, TE or RB. Not just a completion but the ball thrown at the correct spot for the pass catcher to get the ultimate YAC.

Posted By: devicedawg Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 01:44 PM
At least one person agrees with me about Kizer and is of the opinion had we started either Kessler or Hogan we would already have a checkmark in the W column.

Just have to remember this isn't about wins and losses this season. Hue made the decision to have Kizer gain experience rather than attempt to win a bunch of games this season. It's a thin line he'll have to be careful because he doesn't want to risk losing the team. Who would want to play the final 12 games knowing that Hue has already thrown in the towel? Guessing Hue knows he can't/won't be fired after this season even with another 1-15 gem. Otherwise....
Posted By: waterdawg Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 02:32 PM
Finally got to watch the game ; wow ! .. What a putrid mess , Inept , ill conceived game planning , and the list goes on .. What has happened to Greg Williams ; is Hue rubbing off on him ? Week in and out I cry for a real OC .. I did not see my man Leslie on the field ?? Total miss use of Peppers ! I feel sorry for kISER ; The young man just is not even close to ready , and there feeding to the Lions .

For those of you who cry about consistency ; Do you really believe this FO and Coaching staff can put a Winner on the field ?? Just curious .. What have you seen in the first two years that have you convinced ?
Posted By: TONY Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 02:38 PM
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Finally got to watch the game ; wow ! .. What a putrid mess , Inept , ill conceived game planning , and the list goes on .. What has happened to Greg Williams ; is Hue rubbing off on him ? Week in and out I cry for a real OC .. I did not see my man Leslie on the field ?? Total miss use of Peppers ! I feel sorry for kISER ; The young man just is not even close to ready , and there feeding to the Lions .

For those of you who cry about consistency ; Do you really believe this FO and Coaching staff can put a Winner on the field ?? Just curious .. What have you seen in the first two years that have you convinced ?
I just have to wonder what's going through Jimmy and Dees mind right now. Hopefully they are secretly scouting for a hot coaching candidate. One who knows how to put points on the board and won't start games out with 3 and outs all the time!!
Posted By: dawg66 Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 02:48 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

I agree, which why I thought Kizer should have started the season on the bench. We don't have the big play guys on offense to make up for his inexperience and the continual losing will demoralize the team. We have too many new people on offense and we should have let them gel and get comfortable in their roles before we threw Kizer into the mix.
Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 02:58 PM
Supposing they started Hogan or Kessler instead of Kizer guess what it's still a 0 4 team
Kizer isnt the only reason this team is 0 and 4.
The defense under the bozo Williams is letting qbs complete a high pecentage of passes
His scheme is garbage
None of the 2016 draft class is doing anything other than ogbah.
Where's the preseason. Mvp Carl Nassib at?
The revamped oline isnt creating holes
This front office has created a 1 19 trainwreck
Posted By: willitevachange Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 04:12 PM

I believe several of the folks who went to the games said the receivers were open, that's why I asked the question in that manner. You said that for the most part they weren't open, how did you come to that conclusion?
While I was at the game, multiple times I watched receivers blanketed. a few times they were open and kizer missed them, that will happen. But there are a lot of times he is holding onto the ball getting sacked because receivers are not open.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 04:48 PM
Quote:
blitz happy big mouth DC
Ummmm, we have not been blitzing nearly enough. that is why the QBs have all day to pick us apart.

Blitzing was discussed by Nathan Zegura on Cleveland Browns Daily yesterday. Per PFF the Browns have blitzed more than any other team in the entire league.

Off hand, I can think of two plays the Browns blitzed and got torched for TDs. The play near the goal one with corner blitz, brilliantly leaving Peppers in a 1 on 1 to cover AJ Green. Easy TD. Also, the TD to Gio. The Browns blitzed 6 and were playing man. Easy TD.

The problem certainly is not the lack of blitzing as it is our blitzing is recognized and picked-up by the opposing offense leaving our inadequate secondary in 1 on 1 coverage, not to mention the middle of the field has been left wide open by playing Peppers 30 yards of the LOS.
Posted By: rastanplan Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/04/17 05:00 PM

While I was at the game, multiple times I watched receivers blanketed. a few times they were open and kizer missed them, that will happen. But there are a lot of times he is holding onto the ball getting sacked because receivers are not open.

Watching on TV is clear the way our receivers are disrupted upon release, running where the D lets them run.

No quality WR's, with no physicality, means no cushion for the WR and no easy completions to the rookie QB.

Also means that when a DB fails and a WR is open that the rookie QB is having problem recognizing it. That's what is supposed to happen to rookie QB's.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/05/17 01:04 AM
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
At least one person agrees with me about Kizer and is of the opinion had we started either Kessler or Hogan we would already have a checkmark in the W column.

Just have to remember this isn't about wins and losses this season. Hue made the decision to have Kizer gain experience rather than attempt to win a bunch of games this season. It's a thin line he'll have to be careful because he doesn't want to risk losing the team. Who would want to play the final 12 games knowing that Hue has already thrown in the towel? Guessing Hue knows he can't/won't be fired after this season even with another 1-15 gem. Otherwise....

You keep blaming Hue for everything. I think you are way off base. I believe it was the FO who wanted Kizer to start. I also believe Hue would have started Brock.

But, you keep up w/your constant trashing of Hue. You'll have plenty of company as we continue to lose w/this horrid roster.

And don't get mad when I remind you of just how wrong you were in a couple of years.
Posted By: devicedawg Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/06/17 06:46 AM
I've never said hue is to blame for everything. But go ahead and put words in my mouth.

Hue made the decision to start kizer. Hue benched osweiler and wasnt going to start him.

I'll never understand why some posters will just make stuff up to make themselves look good.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/06/17 09:54 PM
Quote:
Hue made the decision to start kizer. Hue benched osweiler and wasnt going to start him.

i think your wrong. hue didnt play him after the ftont office told him he was not going to be on the roster.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/07/17 12:12 AM
Oh. Do you by any chance have a link?
Posted By: eotab Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/07/17 10:38 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Oh. Do you by any chance have a link?

I know posters like doing that asking for a link,
not sure if that was sarcasm.

i think your wrong.

"I THINK" pretty much indicates that it is OPINION. Its a hypothesis from the facts.

I think Hue wipes his Butt after he poops.

I have no LINK but the odds are high that he does... lol laugh
Posted By: lampdogg Re: What I saw Game 4 - 10/09/17 11:24 PM
Quality post.
© DawgTalkers.net