DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: DiamDawg Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 10:19 PM
Thoughts ....

Were they all in ... did they play hard for Hue? ...
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 10:20 PM
Who gives a rat's ass?
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 10:23 PM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Who gives a rat's ass?

Obviously me ... thats why i asked .... DUH ...

Thanks for the GREAT reply ... appreciate your input ... wink
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 10:25 PM
I thought they did until the Nassib thing happened. Then they just completely unraveled and mailed in it after that.

As much as I hate to say it, it's probably time to start all over. I hate to see it happen because you can see the defense turning things around in the front 7. I firmly believe we would see tighter coverage if Gregg was given some talent to work with in the secondary.

Hue on the other hand....His pitiful clock management and lack of commitment to the run game is wearing my patience thin. Just let Dorsey pick his guy now and start this thing all over again. Sigh...
Posted By: Swish Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 10:25 PM
They quit after these two plays:

Kizer throwing another stupid int in the first half.

The pick 6 that was called back after Nassib got called offsides.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 10:26 PM
You're welcome. Enjoy a good hardy discussion of wide and varying opinions about this worthless team. Merry Christmas. thumbsup

(And let's not pretend that the only opinion you value is your own.) wink
Posted By: leadtheway Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 10:26 PM
I don’t think they care about Hue one way or another, I’m sure they are tired of him throwing team under the bus but if they were playing for anything it’s to not have been part of a record of historical futility
Posted By: DiamDawg Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 10:31 PM
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
You're welcome. Enjoy a good hardy discussion of wide and varying opinions about this worthless team. Merry Christmas. thumbsup

(And let's not pretend that the only opinion you value is your own.) wink

Your right ... mine isn’t the only opinion i value ... we agree ... wink

Sometimes i even value yours .... thumbsup
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 10:33 PM
I think overall this year they have played hard for Hue. Hue is good at getting them to play hard.

That's about all he is good at.
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 10:34 PM
Did they play hard?

Several played like:

1) They didn't want to get hurt,
2) And hurt their chances to play for another team.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 10:36 PM
Sorry - I don't feel like a meaningful discussion. My thought today is how did I manage to spend 3+ hours every Sunday watching such incompetent football. I am an idiot.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 10:37 PM
You play hard for yourself and your teammates...PERIOD.
Posted By: Knight Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 10:45 PM
Yet another bash Hue thread. rolleyes
Posted By: Tulsa Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 10:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Knight

I think threads are to be expected when Hue literally makes himself the low hanging fruit.
Posted By: Knight Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 11:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Originally Posted By: Knight

I think threads are to be expected when Hue literally makes himself the low hanging fruit.

I think a few of the players hang much lower.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 11:23 PM
When you lose 20-3 to a 4 win team, is it possible that you played hard?

I think part of playing hard is playing smart. Playing hard means you are doing everything in your power to win. The Browns don't do everything in their power to win...ever...under Hue.

So I would say no.

Blow it up. Start over with a new coach. I don't believe the continuity argument for keeping Hue carries much weight. Continuity for what reason? To keep losing?

Get another coach.
Posted By: MrTed Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 11:29 PM
We have been very competitive at times this year. I think we're one piece away from being reasonably competitive on offense, two from being seriously competitive.

3-4 from being seriously competitive on defense. All in the secondary.
Posted By: Knight Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 11:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
When you lose 20-3 to a 4 win team, is it possible that you played hard?

I think part of playing hard is playing smart. Playing hard means you are doing everything in your power to win. The Browns don't do everything in their power to win...ever...under Hue.

So I would say no.

Blow it up. Start over with a new coach. I don't believe the continuity argument for keeping Hue carries much weight. Continuity for what reason? To keep losing?

Get another coach.

Get a real quarterback and it's a whole different team...just like the niners.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/24/17 11:51 PM
We lost. Maybe not hard enough..or maybe Hue isn't coaching hard enough..he wants to go back to Cincy
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/25/17 12:06 AM
it appears like they didn't, but that's just from the recaps
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/25/17 12:07 AM
No. They quit on Hue a long time ago. If they were playing hard for a coach, you would see a team that was dedicated to the game plan and would execute the game plan. Instead you have a bunch of guys playing for themselves and trying to make hero plays.
Posted By: bleednbrown Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/25/17 12:23 AM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
No. They quit on Hue a long time ago. If they were playing hard for a coach, you would see a team that was dedicated to the game plan and would execute the game plan. Instead you have a bunch of guys playing for themselves and trying to make hero plays.

Most Teams can turn it around in a year or two, so whats so different with us? All the different players and coaches through the years, the only thing that stands out is we have not had a coach since B Davis that knows how to coach as a Team. Some coach players and some coach their values, but until we find a coach that knows how to bring it all together were screwed.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/25/17 03:41 AM
No. And I didn't even watch the game. Like someone else said, they lost 20-3 to a 4 win team.
Posted By: eotab Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/25/17 12:34 PM
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Thoughts ....

Were they all in ... did they play hard for Hue? ...

IN some cases too hard.

example. Still possibilities to turn the game around. Higgins catches a pass around the 10 he fights forward and gets the first down and continues to fight cause man he wanted us to score so badly...here was his shot. Great effort - too bad the ball was stripped.

I didn't see give up...maybe in Gordon a little but hard to tell with him cause he tries to stay even keeled.

jmho
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/25/17 01:40 PM
Nassib was a wrecking ball, not in a good way. We folded our tents. Stupid Kizer plays hurt us. Who can carry that?

Hey! Always next week!
Posted By: Glw12 Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/25/17 04:18 PM
I thought Duke played hard, he always does. Kiser played hard, he always does. In fact the majority of the team played hard. Except for Gordon. I was against bringing him back. Not worth the trouble. Can't count on him. It's a shame we are headed towards 0-16. That will define the players and coaches on this team as well as Haslam and the front office. No matter who you want to blame they all had a part in this. In todays NFL, it should be extremly hard to go winless for a season and only 1 win in 2 seasons. There is a lot wrong with this team that needs changed. Losing can be a desease and the Browns are on life support.
Posted By: DeisleDawg Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/26/17 02:02 PM
Diam.. I'm really lost when it comes to the phrase "did they play hard for Hue"

For most of the season that phrase has been used, what I feel is some of the players who are actually making plays...are making them due to their own ability to do so.

At this point when a coach has only one win in nearly 2 seasons...It makes it hard for me to understand them playing hard for him.

I believe if a team is playing hard for their coach...then they would WIN for their coach.

For myself..if this team with the talent on it was winning..then they would be playing hard. Playing hard wins games. jmo
What I see worse than not playing hard is a team that just plays stupid
This collectively is not a smart overall team.
Not communicating on defense blown assignments in the secondary
Idiots like Nassib costing big plays
But yes guys have mailed it in weeks ago
1 win in 2 years is a accumulation of not playing hard,being outplayed
And just not smart players combined with coordinators being out coached
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/26/17 04:34 PM
I don't know if it's not so much not being smart as lack of experience. I don't think our players are dumb it's that in certain situations they really don't know what to do. They are young and without some vets on the field with them who would act like on the field coaches our guys are somewhat lost. We really don't have any leaders on the field especially on O and until someone steps up it will be more of the same.
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/26/17 04:40 PM
These are pros. They weren't just called up from Pop Warner. I'm beginning to think Berea is dumb top to bottom...
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/26/17 05:39 PM
Maybe the question should be. Do they play hard for the Coach, OR do they play hard for themselves?

Do they play hard just because of Hue, or do they play hard because that's their makeup, their fortitude, their heart?

Do they play hard for Hue or was one of the reasons we drafted because they will play hard for anybody?

Still to many un answered questions my friend.
Posted By: Halfback32 Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/27/17 11:01 AM
If you are a pro, you play the game. don't make mistakes and earn your money. You don't give up, you play your best, you don't make stupid mistakes. If you get beat, you get beat. You are playing a game against other pros and someone has to lose, but someone has to lose. If you do so, you lose with professionalism.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/27/17 10:44 PM
Ask nassib. Ask Kizer. Ask Peppers. Just sad.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/27/17 11:37 PM
I think they probably played hard for Dorsey.

I think they know Hue has about a 10% chance of staying....and that is being generous.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/28/17 02:09 AM
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
Did they play hard?

Several played like:

Didn't notice.
This sounds like speculation, and subjective opinion.

Any examples?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/30/17 10:46 AM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I think they probably played hard for Dorsey.

I think they know Hue has about a 10% chance of staying....and that is being generous.
good point
Posted By: rockyhilldawg Re: Did they play hard for Hue today? - 12/31/17 12:14 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
Did they play hard?

Several played like:

Didn't notice.
This sounds like speculation, and subjective opinion.

Any examples?

Really? Didn't notice?

Back here on planet earth the Browns will be very lucky to finish 1-15.

No likely first round draftees want to be drafted by Cleveland.

Any potential first round draft pick that says he wants to play for Cleveland is lying. (unlike for instance Bernie Kosar in 1985)

Is this speculation and subjective opinion?

Sure.

I also speculate and it's my subjective opinion that if you jump off a two story house you will get hurt.

You might not.
© DawgTalkers.net