Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
We were beaten in every phase of the game. Stroud had a good day from a numbers standpoint but it seemed Michigan was able to deliver in the passing game leading to scores at the end to capitalize while OSU simply couldn't capitalize when the opportunity arose. #78 was a penalty machine. Haskins was a scoring machine we never managed to slow down. Overall it was just a very ugly game.

OSU is a very young team and should look much better next year with a year of experience under the freshmens belts.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yeah, and I basically knew that when the auburn runner didnt stay in bounds that Alabama would somehow win the game. Too clutch.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
I feel your pain. Bama is going down in Auburn. Pathetic.
NEVERMIND.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A
Legend
Legend
A
Well, not what I expected, or hoped.You all saw the game, so I don't need to mention any of that.

We parked at a mall, right beside a Hotel that Michigan provides shuttle service for. Parking was free. Shuttle cost $1.50 a person. While waiting for the shuttle, I went in to the hotel to use the bathroom. Lo and behold, it was the hotel that michigan stayed at friday night. I know that because, as I was walking around in the hotel, by the convention rooms, I saw people cleaning up a convention room. Large one. Then, I saw a big screen t.v. with the days schedule. I won't have the times right, but basically it was : Wake up call, 7:15. Breakfast, 8:00. 9:00 - O and D walkthroughs. 9:30, busses leave for stadium. 12:14 - beat Ohio.

Anyway, we got on the shuttle bus with my daughters boyfriends parents. M fans also. Got to the stadium. Got some food, since wife and I didn't tailgate at all.

Got to our seats. First drive set the tone.

Yellow pom pom thingies all over, and my wife flapping hers in my face. Most of the game, as well as the 2 young ladies sitting in front of us.

Late in the third quarter, doing the math of the score, the way michigan was moving the ball, etc. I told my wife "If we leave now, we can beat the traffic." Not the right thing to say I guess.

After the game, picture time. For her. Over and over and over. I was not in 98% of them.

Finally, out to get on the shuttle. Waited over an hour and a half. Finally, back to the hotel, 100 yd. walk to our vehicle, and we're on our way home, in the snow.

Just about to the road we needed, in dense traffic, road closed signs got installed. I thought about driving over the curb but didn't. Good move on my part, as a michigan state trooper was 2 cars behind us.

Had to find a different way home. Successful. Until wife said "Oh, gps says if we turn up here, we can save 7 minutes." Okay. I turned. I kid you not, it was the most backwoods "shortcut" ever, on unplowed roads. No other cars, very few homes..... Finally got to a village of about 25 homes or so, and to me it looked like a metropolis. Then back on the cow paths.

Longest drive home ever, especially with wifey having her head buried in her phone, gloating, texting, blah blah blah, and also forgetting to tell me where to turn, etc.

But, she was in a good mood, and didn't give me crap. A 1 hour and 45 minute drive took us over 3 hours. That's what driving 25 to 30 on stupid backwood roads and cow paths does for travel time.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Originally Posted by clwb419
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Couldn’t stop their running game. Couldn’t establish ours.
Nothing left to say except.. Go Wisconsin!

Gotta disagree. TTUN winning and getting into the playoffs is more important to the conference than Wisconsin winning. Just my 2 cents. Not that I want to play the Ducks again, or Utah for that matter, a TTUN win likely means Rose Bowl for OSU. A Wisconsin win means they get the Rose Bowl, TTUN another major bowl, and OSU with Outback bowl. I think that's the tie ins.

For me the bigger joy would be Iowa getting the upset so ichigan doesn’t win the B10. No chance they play for a championship. It makes their win against tOSU less meaningful. Stealing some of their thunder.
The Bucks will play in a bowl game. If it isn’t for all the marbles… meh. Who cares which one it is. Screw blue.

Totally get where you're coming from. Still prefer TTUN to win just for the conference. But the OSU grad in me agrees with you too smile

Legend
Legend
I think OSU has more talent but UM was the better team.... they were ready and had a great game plan and would not be denied this year... hats off to them.... hopefully we'll get back on track next year.

<><

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
One of the Buckeyes QBs is transferring out, I saw on a quick note.
I wonder if it is the one who had the best spring game in 2021.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I read it was Jack Miller? Not being a Buckeye fan, that doesn't mean a lot to me.

yebat' Putin
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Being a Buckeye fan… it doesn’t mean a lot to me either.
He was a good recruit that got beat out. With Elwer’s in the wings behind Stroud the writing was on the wall.
I hope he goes elsewhere and gets his chance to start. Burrow did and made the best of it.

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
If you played the best then you didn't get beat out, it means the idiots chose the wrong guy to start. But too late.

No one can know if the SCUM will even have the guts to travel to Columbus next year, or forfeit like 2020.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Well, not what I expected, or hoped.You all saw the game, so I don't need to mention any of that.

We parked at a mall, right beside a Hotel that Michigan provides shuttle service for. Parking was free. Shuttle cost $1.50 a person. While waiting for the shuttle, I went in to the hotel to use the bathroom. Lo and behold, it was the hotel that michigan stayed at friday night. I know that because, as I was walking around in the hotel, by the convention rooms, I saw people cleaning up a convention room. Large one. Then, I saw a big screen t.v. with the days schedule. I won't have the times right, but basically it was : Wake up call, 7:15. Breakfast, 8:00. 9:00 - O and D walkthroughs. 9:30, busses leave for stadium. 12:14 - beat Ohio.

Anyway, we got on the shuttle bus with my daughters boyfriends parents. M fans also. Got to the stadium. Got some food, since wife and I didn't tailgate at all.

Got to our seats. First drive set the tone.

Yellow pom pom thingies all over, and my wife flapping hers in my face. Most of the game, as well as the 2 young ladies sitting in front of us.

Late in the third quarter, doing the math of the score, the way michigan was moving the ball, etc. I told my wife "If we leave now, we can beat the traffic." Not the right thing to say I guess.

After the game, picture time. For her. Over and over and over. I was not in 98% of them.

Finally, out to get on the shuttle. Waited over an hour and a half. Finally, back to the hotel, 100 yd. walk to our vehicle, and we're on our way home, in the snow.

Just about to the road we needed, in dense traffic, road closed signs got installed. I thought about driving over the curb but didn't. Good move on my part, as a michigan state trooper was 2 cars behind us.

Had to find a different way home. Successful. Until wife said "Oh, gps says if we turn up here, we can save 7 minutes." Okay. I turned. I kid you not, it was the most backwoods "shortcut" ever, on unplowed roads. No other cars, very few homes..... Finally got to a village of about 25 homes or so, and to me it looked like a metropolis. Then back on the cow paths.

Longest drive home ever, especially with wifey having her head buried in her phone, gloating, texting, blah blah blah, and also forgetting to tell me where to turn, etc.

But, she was in a good mood, and didn't give me crap. A 1 hour and 45 minute drive took us over 3 hours. That's what driving 25 to 30 on stupid backwood roads and cow paths does for travel time.

I feel your pain (OU fan), but that was one of the most hilarious posts I've ever read on a sports forum. Peace, out.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
If you played the best then you didn't get beat out, it means the idiots chose the wrong guy to start. But too late.

No one can know if the SCUM will even have the guts to travel to Columbus next year, or forfeit like 2020.

Yeah, the Big Ten didn't allow them to travel last year, but they "didn't have the guts." OSU fans are delusional. And OSU would have won last year too, but enough with the "no guts" crap.

Michigan manhandled OSU this year. Will it mean anything long term? Hard to say, but I guarantee they'll be in Columbus next year.

Last edited by cle23; 11/30/21 04:12 PM.
Legend
Legend
John Cooper has a better winning % vs Michigan that JH has against the Buckeyes.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Dave
S
Legend
Legend
S
Credit to michigan for winning the game. They were just better. Ohio State's defense was not really good all year other than a few spots here and there. They just didn't have any players on defense that offenses need to worry about. No Bosa brother, no Chase young, denzel, etc..

I really am interested to see how this playoff ends up. I think Georgia is the only safe team right now. I think they could lose Saturday and still be in.

Michigan seems like a shoe-in with a pretty easy game Saturday in Indy.

Alabama is clearly in if they win Saturday, but if they lose they are out, and anyone still claiming they should be in is pretty hilarious.

Cincinnati will be the last team short of an upset. I don't even think a close win will hurt them.

I don't think Notre Dame will be considered with their situation. It was confirmed earlier this week that it can play a factor in the selection. It's pretty crappy considering the players have worked their way to this point and are still there. Still, not having a conference championship game this weekend hurts.

I think the line is drawn at 5 teams. Cincinnati and OkSt will be up for that last spot. Maybe both get in if Alabama loses.

I think it'll be

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Oklahoma State

And I think Georgia may be the most lopsided favorite to win the title after the final four has been established. This is quite the disparity between them and the rest of the teams.

A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c. On the way home from Ann Arbor last week, wife said she was going to Indy, with Sooga. I really questioned that throughout the week. No tickets, you're going to sit in a bar or restaurant and watch the game on tv? That's dumb. You have no clue what you're getting into. The places will be packed. But, whatever.

She called me today. They got tickets, but she was all "don't be mad about what I paid for them." She said what they paid. I was all "that's a lot cheaper than I thought they'd be." Then "And, we're spending the night, with Sooga's boyfriends parents. Don't be mad." WHAT? Why would I be mad? I was worried about you sitting somehwere, not in the stadium, and then driving home. You got all that covered. You're going to the game, you're spending the night. Why would I be mad? I'm happy for you.

I think she was disgruntled that no argument came from me.

Legend
Legend
I'm not ruling out Michigan losing Saturday. Harbaugh's not my first choice for a coach in big games.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I agree... I think it's Georgia, UM, Cincy, and Ok State with ND 5th... wifi Ok State loses then ND gets in... if Bama wins then it'll be really interesting because you could have UM, Georgia, Bama and??? probably Cincy if they win...

<><

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum THE Ohio State University VS Michigan Threadd

Link Copied to Clipboard