Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
CULTURE
Pride Is Still a Sin and the Rainbow Is Still a Symbol of God's Promise, No Matter What the Debauched Culture Tells You
BY PAULA BOLYARD JUN 02, 2022 4:04 PM ET

[Linked Image from media.townhall.com]

We’re now two days into “Pride Month” and everywhere we look, we’re assaulted by rainbows and declarations of pride in homosexuality and various and sundry perversions. My inbox is full of press releases from woke companies and organizations signaling their virtue for the month of June, and my Facebook feed is full of them as well. (In one sense it’s a good thing because now I know which companies do not support values that encourage human flourishing.)

The worst announcements I’ve seen come courtesy of the Marine Corps and the State Department:

Does the Marine Corps stop every year to celebrate the contributions of Christians or Jews? How about homeschoolers? Or individuals on the autism spectrum? Why is homosexuality alone singled out by the most vaunted branch of the U.S. military? And why are they focused on woke left-wing virtue-signaling when they should be spending all their time figuring out how to defeat our enemies?

And check this out from the U.S. State Department, which desecrated its embassy to the Holy See with a flag celebrating something that the Roman Catholic Church considers “intrinsically disordered”:

PJM’s Athena Thorne opined last month:

As for adults, except for a tiny percentage that may actually enjoy “Pride Month” (although I’ve never met any adult who does), the rest of us are not amused. When an organization celebrates LGBTQ “pride,” it simultaneously alienates religious, conservative, and traditionalist patrons. When management brings “inclusion” in-house, it creates a hostile work environment for many of its employees, all of whom are too intimidated to speak up.

How is any of this a smart business practice? Like many people, I think of “Pride Month” as “inbox-decluttering month” — every time I receive an unsolicited, obnoxious LGBTQ missive, I hit “unsubscribe.” I have cut up charge cards and even quit lucrative jobs when companies alienated me by rubbing my face in their left-wing politics. Life is too short to spend every day feigning allegiance to something one has little or no interest in.

Both pride and homosexuality are condemned by God as sins in the Bible. I know it’s not popular to say that these days, even in some conservative circles, but I’m not at liberty to disagree with God on what he calls sin. Supporting and celebrating sin isn’t loving—it’s actually cruel to tell people that they’re perfect the way they are when God says that “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick.”

Let’s begin in the Old Testament with God’s view of pride:

Isaiah 2:12: For the Lord of hosts has a day against all that is proud and lofty, against all that is lifted up—and it shall be brought low;

Proverbs 8:13: The fear of the LORD is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate.

Proverbs 11:2: When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.

Proverbs 16:5: Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the LORD; be assured, he will not go unpunished.

Proverbs 16:18: Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

The New Testament is also clear about the sin of pride:

James 4:6: But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

Romans 12:16: Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight.

1 Corinthians 13:4: Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude.

For verses condemning homosexuality, see here.

Related: Pride Month Pandering Is Beyond Wearisome

Our personal feelings and desire to get along with the culture are of no consequence. If our view of sin disagrees with what God has proclaimed in the Bible, we’re in the wrong, not God. It’s pure hubris, not to mention idolatrous, to believe we know better than the God who created us.

So how about all those rainbow flags and logos?

In Genesis 6 we learn that the earth had become so evil that God vowed to destroy what he had so lovingly created only a few generations before—in other words, he was judging sin:

The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. So the LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.”

Most readers know what happened next. God commanded Noah to build an ark and to load it with his family and two of every kind of animal, then sent 40 days of rain, destroying all “man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens” that were not on the ark. After the water receded, God made a covenant with Noah, vowing to never again destroy the whole earth with a flood and sending a rainbow as a sign of his promise:

I establish my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.” And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant that I have established between me and all flesh that is on the earth.”

The LGBTQ movement has hijacked a symbol of God’s promise, which, if it’s not blasphemy, comes very close to it.

Answers in Genesis founder Ken Ham wrote in a blog post a few years back that his organization would be “taking back the rainbow”:

But the rainbow itself wasn’t designed to be a symbol of freedom, love, pride, or the LGBTQ movement. God created this beautiful, colorful phenomenon and designated it as a sign of His covenant with Noah and his descendants forever.

Sadly, people ignore what God intended the rainbow to represent and proudly wave rainbow-colored flags in defiance of God’s command and design for marriage. Because of this, many Christians shy away from using the rainbow colors. But the rainbow was a symbol of God’s promises before the LGBTQ movement—and will continue to be after that movement has ended. As Christians, we need to take the rainbow back and teach our young people its true meaning.

The real meaning of the rainbow. "I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth." (Genesis 9":13).https://t.co/Ac4JAcjuCZ

— Ken Ham (@aigkenham) June 1, 2022

My five-year-old granddaughter loves rainbows and, rather than banning clothing and toys with rainbows to avoid the appearance of supporting the LGBTQ movement, her parents have taught her its true meaning and assured her of the hope found in God’s promise. As such, she happily wears rainbows, celebrating that promise rather than virtue-signaling her acquiescence to the debauchery of the culture around her. Christians need not avoid or be ashamed of the rainbow. It belongs to the God of creation, not those who pervert its meaning and brag about their sin.

So when you see rainbows everywhere you look this month, remember that God will not be mocked, and “on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak.” The only hope for any of us is to trust God’s promise that the death of his son is sufficient to atone for our sins. None of us are worthy of His love, but he gives it freely to all who repent of their sins and trust the blood of Christ for salvation.

https://pjmedia.com/culture/paula-b...the-debauched-culture-tells-you-n1602767

M
Legend
Legend
M
Great that you get to share your homophobic and oppressive thoughts here. Grats

Last edited by mgh888; 06/02/22 05:17 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by SuperBrown

That's almost funny. And yet to respond in kind and refer to #45 as an orange Turd would induce outrage.

A
Legend
Legend
A
To be fair, yes, it was funny. Although I don't get the rainbow thing - I mean, I know it's for gays - but how is that a bad thing?

Trump, an orange turd? yeah, I take issue with that. Not only orange turd, orange man, orangatan, but also "he's a fat slug" and all other manner of attacking him.

That's just me. I don't do 'skin color', or body style slamming. I DO do "can't speak " slamming, and I'm sorry, people say Biden has a speech impediment. Even get citations from decades ago about it. I'm told to lay off. The weird thing is, if he had one, he got rid of it. Watch video of him from 10 years ago, or 20, or 30 years ago. No impediment at all.

But today? Can't structure a sentence with actual words most of the time.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Wow, Qspam out the wazoo. The forum looks like 4chan lite these days.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/02/22 08:26 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
So, you don't do skin color or body style slamming, but you do do making fun of a person w/dementia? Classy.

M
Legend
Legend
M
If orange was a natural, cultural, ethnic skin color - or if it had those connotations .... I could understand that. But it's not. Drumpf chooses to be that color. That is funny to me. More than funny. And I don't see anyone body slamming Donny either. Turd isn't about his body it's about him. Just how I see it.

I don't know enough about Biden to know about his speech issues from 10+ years ago. When he was VP - I saw the issue materialize sometimes - searching for a word, working through it in what I thought was a pretty impressive or inspiring way for any other individual with a speech impediment. Same with the campaign. I saw the post by Pit (I think) with a well documented history. That's good enough to me. He might be getting worse. It might be he's slowing down and that might also be impacting the impediment. IDK. But if folks are going to spam the board with speech videos of which many are altered to make it look worse - I'll happily refer back to the orange man and his word salad issues... a man without an impediment other than a phantom foot condition that kept him home during the war.

Last edited by mgh888; 06/02/22 08:30 PM.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
If orange was a natural, cultural, ethnic skin color - or if it had those connotations .... I could understand that. But it's not. Drumpf chooses to be that color. That is funny to me. More than funny. And I don't see anyone body slamming Donny either. Turd isn't about his body it's about him. Just how I see it.

I don't know enough about Biden to know about his speech issues from 10+ years ago. When he was VP - I saw the issue materialize sometimes - searching for a word, working through it in what I thought was a pretty impressive or inspiring way for any other individual with a speech impediment. Same with the campaign. I saw the post by Pit (I think) with a well documented history. That's good enough to me. He might be getting worse. It might be he's slowing down and that might also be impacting the impediment. IDK. But if folks are going to spam the board with speech videos of which many are altered to make it look worse - I'll happily refer back to the orange man and his word salad issues... a man without an impediment other than a phantom foot condition that kept him home during the war.

I have no issue with people making fun of Trump. He's a big boy and gives as much as he gets. Trump has been body shamed like crazy on here as well as in the media. He was constantly called fat as well as more colorful words to describe his weight.

Biden does have a speech impediment. However, that is not what is behind his gaffes imo. It's used by some as an excuse not make fun of him. Personally I find it pretty ridiculous to name call.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
O
Legend
Legend
O
[Linked Image from faculty.lsu.edu]

This is who you have become man.

[Linked Image from images.bwbcovers.com]

wQke!

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/02/22 08:56 PM.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
So, you don't do skin color or body style slamming, but you do do making fun of a person w/dementia? Classy.

Oh, so he DOES have dementia? We get told daily it's just his speech impediment.

A
Legend
Legend
A
And I will GLADLY do the same. Word salad? uh, have you heard our v.p. in the last 2 years?

1 member likes this: mgh888
V
Legend
Legend
V
Don't lump me in w/guys like Pit, 888, and OCD. I just don't think it's nice to make fun of a person w/dementia. Nothing more. Nothing less.

There are a lot of good people on this board, but there are a handful of mean people that ruin civil conversation.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Don't lump me in w/guys like Pit, 888, and OCD. I just don't think it's nice to make fun of a person w/dementia. Nothing more. Nothing less.

There are a lot of good people on this board, but there are a handful of mean people that ruin civil conversation.

I went and read his response and never saw my name mentioned, but your ass went and did it anyway. You just lumped three left-leaning posters into it to spread some shade. Thought we were going higher?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/02/22 08:58 PM.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I didn't like Pence as a VP - I thought he was bland and banal. He looked sort of fake or going through the motions and I hated the way he gave a speech.

I'd take him over Kamala !

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm sorry if I am mistaken. I thought you have said on more than one occasion that Biden has a speech impediment. I apologize if I am mistaken.

O
Legend
Legend
O
He does have one Vers, I don't pick on him, but I might have said it. And he's had it his whole life, he had a severe stutter as a kid that he still fights today. Not really something you poke fun at. Like bashing somebody with Tourettes for cussing or making noises or ticks. That and his age are what many of these gaffes are. It's not like he's just dumb as hell while claiming he's a genius or something.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/02/22 09:07 PM.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Again, I was going by memory and if I was wrong about you saying he had a speech impediment, I apologize. My real point is that I don't think it's nice to make fun of people w/dementia. No mater what. it's a disease.

O
Legend
Legend
O
No crap. I been feeling like I'm in very early stages lately myself, I know it's not funny. Just found out diabetes is a linked contributor.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/02/22 09:24 PM.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm sorry to hear that. We all slip a bit as we age. Hopefully, your situation is nothing more than that. Read up on things you can do to help. My mom died from it. Well, it went to Alzheimer's. It's freaking tragic. I do a ton of brain exercises and do as much physical activity as I can even though my job requires me to be on the computer almost all day.

Legend
Legend
I do a ton of brain exercises and do as much physical activity as I can even though my job requires me to be on the computer almost all day.

I have to park myself at a desk in front of 3 computer monitors all day myself. I have one of these, and it's a nice, sturdy piece of machinery. Unfortunately, my knee is jacked and I'm getting it replaced, so I haven't been able to use it lately. It will play a big part in my recovery from the surgery. I had to disconnect the display in order to see my monitors, but it allows me to be somewhat active while working. The desktop holds a wireless keyboard and mousepad and a steno tablet for taking notes.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: oobernoober, Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
Nobody told Joe Biden to run as a moderate and then govern as Bernie Sanders and AOC.
If his advisers suggested this strategy, which has failed so badly, it was Mr. Biden who agreed to follow it, and that's why his administration is falling apart.

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Tucker Slams Biden's Gun Control Hypocrisy: Hunter Lied on Gun Check
Kevin Tober June 2nd, 2022 9:51 PM

Moments after President Joe Biden wrapped up his bitterly partisan address to the nation where he scolded Republicans in Congress for not moving fast enough to pass his gun-grabbing agenda, Fox News host Tucker Carlson opened his show and tore into Biden for wanting to take American’s Second Amendment rights away. He also made sure everyone watching knew that Biden’s son Hunter has been credibly accused of lying on a federal firearm background check, which is a felony.

Carlson opened by noting what he thinks Biden’s real motivation is for pushing gun control so soon after a mass shooting while families are still grieving: “facing almost certain defeat for his party in the midterm elections five months from now, Joe Biden has become desperate. He's decided to leverage the murder of nineteen children in Texas last week for political advantage.”

https://www.mrctv.org/videos/tucker-slams-bidens-gun-control-hypocrisy-hunter-lied-gun-check

After playing a soundbite of Biden shouting about banning “assault rifles”, or raising the age to buy them to 21 years old, as well as passing a national red flag law, despite the fact that the red flag law in New York did nothing to prevent the mass shooting in Buffalo, Tucker tore into Biden’s agenda:

So to summarize the President's remarks tonight, your constitutional rights are not absolute but in taking them away, we're not actually taking away your rights we're protecting children to which you might ask, am I a threat to children? That question is never answered by the President. The point of this, of course, is to disarm people who did not vote for Joe Biden, and that is why simultaneous with this, this effort to recategorize the guns in your closet as felonies, Democrats have been failing to prosecute gun crimes in our cities where most of the crime is.

Tucker then pointed out Biden’s glaring hypocrisy for going after law-abiding gun owners yet never mentioning that his son Hunter lied on a federal background check to buy a gun: “if you're at all confused about whether the effort here is selective, if this is enforcement only of certain people, you'll notice the President never mentioned the apparent federal gun felony his own son committed when he lied on a federal background form when he bought a handgun.”

Instead, Tucker noted that “Biden's fellow Democrats and the House of Representatives spent the day debating ways to disarm you, Americans who have committed no crime at all and want only to protect themselves and their families.”

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ke...-control-hypocrisy-hunter-lied-gun-check

O
Legend
Legend
O
Tucker is sooooooo fascist.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Yikes that was a rather homophobic piece.

The "It's still god's rainbow and you'll never take that away from him" tone is pretty cringeworthy.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Democrats, what they have become pt.2

Link Copied to Clipboard