Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
We went toe to toe with the defending NC in their home state and had a chance to win on the last play. Again, what a crappy kick. CJ Stroud was amazing. The Buckeyes played their hearts out, but the db slipping probably cost us the game. I thought it was pretty clear that the Georgia TE was in bounds on the reversed call. Kudos to Smart and his staff for recognizing the fake punt and getting the TO called.
A fantastic couple of playoff games, and I think another good example of why a 4 team playoff works.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
It was a helluva game and a heart breaker. We were in it until the end. I couldn't believe that FG attempt.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I just didnt love the last 3 play calls. especially the stupid run to the short side on 1st down

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Regarding the 4th down oob… Can someone find the rule? Is it the same as when a WR keeps his feet in and catches the ball while it is oob? - In this case doesn’t the ball get spotted where his feet are?

Is it the same rule for a runner… ball doesn’t get placed where it goes out rather where the runner’s limb (hand in this case) is touching and isn’t contingent on where the ball is as it goes oob?

I have no clue…

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
I have no clue…
I am going to have to agree with you. Happy new year! smile

Joe Thomas #73
1 member likes this: RememberMuni
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by jfanent
That was a terrible kick. I hope it was a bad hold or something.

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by BADdog
I have no clue…
I am going to have to agree with you. Happy new year! smile

Are you agreeing that Muni has no clue???

grin

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Either way, He’s right!

1 member likes this: Jester
B
Legend
Legend
B
Regarding the 4th down oob… Can someone find the rule? Is it the same as when a WR keeps his feet in and catches the ball while it is oob? - In this case doesn’t the ball get spotted where his feet are?

Is it the same rule for a runner… ball doesn’t get placed where it goes out rather where the runner’s limb (hand in this case) is touching and isn’t contingent on where the ball is as it goes oob?

I have no clue…

You see guys reaching the ball out all the time. It is where the ball is, it couldn't be the feet. When a runner is tackled, they don't place the ball back at his feet.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
After the game, I began my post with "I can't believe we lost that game."

I was watching College Game Day earlier and one of the guys said he was talking to Stetson, Georgia's QB and he apparently said "I can't believe we won that "bleeping" game" and "I don't know how did we win that "bleeping" game."

<<sigh>>

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I heard that this morning. I don't like the idea. He's a really good play caller.

Legend
Legend
I didnt think we had much issue with playcalling all year, except that last drive lol. I’m more worried about the defense

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Maybe the guy has some issue I am not aware of, and this is a bit off topic, but to me Coach Day looks like he is made of wax. His face seems to be very tight and shiny.

Has he had plastic or reconstructive surgery of some sort?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Maybe the guy has some issue I am not aware of, and this is a bit off topic, but to me Coach Day looks like he is made of wax. His face seems to be very tight and shiny.

Has he had plastic or reconstructive surgery of some sort?
I notice it too, but only when he’s either cold or really fired up lol. He may have had Botox

B
Legend
Legend
B
Ok....at least I am not the only one.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Wrong as usual...

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Why Ohio State football canceled its home-and-home series with Washington in 2024-25

By Nathan Baird, cleveland.com

COLUMBUS, Ohio — You can cancel those Ohio State football travel plans to Seattle in September 2024.

You may also want to prepare for another West Coast trip instead.

Ohio State announced Wednesday it is paying the $500,000 cancellation fee to back out of its home-and-home with Washington in 2024 and ‘25. It instead plans to pick up home games for both seasons.

That eighth home game in 2024 will help cover the cancellation fee while also providing the money guarantee OSU will pay to the replacement opponent, according to athletic director Gene Smith.

“We initiated the cancellation,” Smith said in a news release. “I have the utmost respect for the University of Washington and for Director of Athletics, Jennifer Cohen, and this was a very difficult call to make.”

Ohio State was scheduled to play at Washington on Sept. 14, 2024, with the Huskies returning to Ohio Stadium on Sept. 13, 2025. Ohio State said it needs non-conference home games in 2024 on Sept. 7 or Sept. 14, and in 2025 on Sept. 6 or Sept. 13.

According to an OSU spokesperson, a few factors went into the decision to withdraw from the series.

Ohio State plays only six home games this fall. While the budget is adjusted accordingly, teams typically play at least seven home games to accommodate spending across all programs. Ohio State is also paying back a $48 million loan it received from the school to make up for budget shortages related to a lack of football attendance and other factors during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Additionally, OSU and all Big Ten teams still face some unknowns as to who will be on their conference schedules beginning in 2024. The original schedules had to be redrawn after the admittance of UCLA and USC, who begin play that fall. Ohio State’s release said the Big Ten schedule is expected to be announced in October.

If OSU ended up with a road game at one of those Los Angeles-area schools in 2024, keeping Washington on the schedule would have required two West Coast trips during the regular season. And if USC is locked into the 2024-25 schedules along with known protected rivalries with Michigan and Penn State, a nonconference schedule with both Texas and Washington would begin to feel very heavy.

The solution, while requiring a half million dollar payment by February 2025, may have both competitive and financial benefits for OSU. We will know more once that Big Ten schedule is in hand.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2023/...e-series-with-washington-in-2024-25.html

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Brian Hartline is a recruiting machine. He'll be a running a program someday.

Legend
Legend
He's been fantastic... hope he stays with OSU for a long time...

<><

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Police: Alcohol involved in ATV crash involving Ohio State OC Brian Hartline

Ohio State offensive coordinator Brian Hartline was hospitalized Sunday after being involved in an all-terrain vehicle crash on his property. According to police reports, alcohol was involved in the incident.

According to Cleveland.com, police were called to the scene in Delaware County, Ohio, around 1:20 a.m. Sunday morning and Hartline admitted that he had been drinking earlier that night.

"According to an initial report released by the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office, deputies also reported a strong odor of alcoholic beverage in Hartline’s hospital room when attempting to interview him at Riverside Methodist Hospital. Hartline could not be interviewed because he was unconscious due to the medication he had been administered at the hospital."

Hartline and a friend sustained non-life threatening injuries in the incident, Ohio State said in a statement Sunday. In a message posted on social media, Hartline said he was taken to the hospital for “further evaluation” and was “doing well.” As of Monday afternoon, Hartline remains hospitalized in stable condition.

The other man involved in the incident was identified as Joshua Gaylor. Gaylor told officers that Hartline was driving the vehicle, which rolled over in the accident. According to NBC 4, Hartline's sister called 911 after the accident and told the dispatcher the two had been drinking.

Hartline entering first season as offensive coordinator

Ohio State held its annual spring game Saturday, its first with Hartline as offensive coordinator. Hartline, 36, was promoted to offensive coordinator in January after spending the previous five seasons as the program’s wide receivers coach. He replaces Kevin Wilson, who left OSU to take the head coaching job at Tulsa.

Hartline played receiver for the Buckeyes before spending seven seasons in the NFL, mainly with the Miami Dolphins. When his playing career came to a close, he joined the OSU staff as a quality control coach in 2017. From there, he was bumped up to receivers coach on Urban Meyer’s staff and stuck around when Meyer retired and Ryan Day became head coach.

Hartline has helped recruit and develop a slew of NFL receivers during his time at OSU, including Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave and Terry McLaurin. Jaxon Smith-Njigba, who caught 95 passes for 1,606 yards in 2021 before missing most of last season with a hamstring injury, should be next in line in the upcoming NFL Draft.

In 2023, OSU returns Marvin Harrison Jr. (77 catches, 1,263 yards, 14 TDs) and Emeka Egbuka (74 catches, 1,151 yards, 10 TDs). The Buckeyes lost to Georgia in the College Football Playoff semifinals last season. In 2023, OSU opens the season at Indiana on Sept. 2.

https://sports.yahoo.com/police-alc...o-state-oc-brian-hartline-182630623.html

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum The Ohio State Football Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard