Print Thread
#1973941 09/27/22 02:52 AM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

I had to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
It's about time. The game is a farce and only subjects the players to undo injury risk. I am not even sure i like the flag football game. Former UGA and Patriots running back Robert Edwards blew out his knee and ruptured some blood vessel at a Pro-Bowl Skills deal that ended his career and almost killed the guy.

To me, baseball is the only sport that can actually play a all-star game that is even close to what is actually played in the regular season.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Robert Edwards was playing in SAND. The NFL thought it would be a good idea to play flag football on the beach. “Rookie Beach Bowl” -- one of the dumbest things they've ever done.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Last time I watched a Pro Bowl was 2008 (and that was only because I was among many who drank the kool-aid after the 2007 season). It was one of the DA years. Thomas' first IIRC.

It's always been a joke. Glad the NFL is retiring it.

Legend
Legend
Good... probably still won't watch.. but there's a slightly higher chance I'll watch now...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Pro Bowl hs been a joke since the late 90's. It became an abomination. Won't miss it!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by FATE
Robert Edwards was playing in SAND. The NFL thought it would be a good idea to play flag football on the beach. “Rookie Beach Bowl” -- one of the dumbest things they've ever done.

I know.

If they want to play flag football, play flag football. It isn't much different than what they were playing. Seems to me guys can still get hurt playing a stupid flag football game.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Az long it' about chaning gamez. other has 34 games, how could you get 23 games into a I2 week schedule?
ok, twice a week. sunday and Wednesday. (it's not football.) 8 minutes first half, I6 minutes 2nd half.
Player must skip every 3rd game. player ends up w/ about sixteen games, team about 23. but what about overtime, and here is the viable idea. 'Big 9 overtime"
Each team begins by alternating a FG try from a 35 yd distance or arbitrary. after, if one team is trailing they go first, each team gets
3 downs from 2nd and goal at the 5 yd line, with no automatic first down penalties accessed, and a chance to get a 6 pt touchdown with no pat try.
If tied after all 4 attempts the game ends in a tie. (it's not football, it doesn't have to be.)
"Big 9 overtime because 9 points are possible.
if a defense scores in OT it gains 6 or 2 points with no pat try, and if the outcome becomes unsurpassable the winning team wins.

For instance, if a D scores a 2 pt safety on an opening Fg try of big 9 Ot, and then follows up by making their FG try, they would have a 5 point lead going into the 2nd and goal from the 5, if they then stop the now trailing team from scoring on their opening possession, failing to get 6, then they would be up by 5 and the game would be over.
edit: to be clear, no Fg from the 5yd set-up would be allowed, either in for the TD or not.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 10/03/22 07:35 PM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NFL ending Pro Bowl

Link Copied to Clipboard