Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Thought I saw something quick about Hunt being looked at to replace Cook...if I can find the time I will track it down...But I too wouldn't mind bringing in Cook for a looksie.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by bonefish
https://www.nfl.com/news/vikings-to-release-rb-dalvin-cook-after-six-seasons

Also taking calls on Hunter.

I would rather sign either guy over Hopkins.

Friday will be an interesting day.

I share the same thoughts, we have no clear #2 RB (perhaps Ford is the guy, but there's also the possibility he's not up to the task as well) I preferred Hunter over Smith, then again I have no idea what Minny is asking in return for Danielle Hunter either. Cook still flashes a ton, and that duo of him and Chubb would be so dynamic, as Cook is so nice in those flats...where he makes huge splashes as he gets downfield so fast. And should still be quite a bit cheaper versus Hopkins, and fills that RB core/room, even if it's just a 1 year deal with incentives.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure what people that think the Browns are going to invest that type of money on a backup RB are smoking. But I know one thing for sure, if I still smoked I would be wanting some of it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs

I share the same thoughts, we have no clear #2 RB (perhaps Ford is the guy, but there's also the possibility he's not up to the task as well) I preferred Hunter over Smith, then again I have no idea what Minny is asking in return for Danielle Hunter either. Cook still flashes a ton, and that duo of him and Chubb would be so dynamic, as Cook is so nice in those flats...where he makes huge splashes as he gets downfield so fast. And should still be quite a bit cheaper versus Hopkins, and fills that RB core/room, even if it's just a 1 year deal with incentives.

I don't think Cook is on our radar or any other 'starting caliber" RB. The Browns are going to pass, pass, pass next season and although Chubb will get his fair amount of touches, I think you are going to see a far different approach offensively.....an approach that does not require a RB duo that we saw the past couple of seasons. If they stick with Ford as the #2, I'm thinking they may lean on him similar to what the Chiefs did with McKinnon.

But we'll see.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly agree with you. all anyone has to do is follow the money and see where they've invested to figure out their path forward.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c:

I see Clowney is still a free agent.... Interesting he didn't get scooped up as of yet. (Hmmmmmm....)

P
Legend
Legend
P
In 2019 Clowney didn't sign with Houston until August.

In 2020 he didn't sign with the Titans until until September.

So him waiting until late to sign isn't unusual and he is still out there as an option for the Browns.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
Legend
Legend
I agree with all that. But that does make him a commodity any more than a mercenary. The Browns would never sign him again as he is a player that conducts himself as if he's doing you a favor... that ship has sailed because he was never the elite talent to justify that m.o. in the first place.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Hammer
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
In 2019 Clowney didn't sign with Houston until August.

In 2020 he didn't sign with the Titans until until September.

So him waiting until late to sign isn't unusual and he is still out there as an option for the Browns.
he'll end up signing anywhere that offers the most in late August. we are content with him not being with us as much as he's content with not being here lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
He's been a mercenary for years now and during that process the Browns signed him on one year deals for two seasons in a row. He did those same one year pay me deals in both 2019 and 2020 before the Browns signed him in 2021 and 2022. So it's really no different now than it was then in that sense. I do agree with you that I like yourself don't see the Browns signing him again but if it were the the facts he's more of a mercenary and he acts like he's doing you a favor factors the Browns wouldn't have signed him in 2021 or 2022.

#gmstrong
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Free Agency [cont.]

Link Copied to Clipboard