Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Man, I have total respect for Josh. Dude is the ultimate team player and warrior and just listening to his press conferences you can tell how important it is for him. I really hope he is ok and that we protect him better. He doesn't deserve being hit as many times as he was.

He was hit as many times as he was because he holds the ball as long as possible.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, Josh is his own worst enemy most times. Waiting to get rid of it until the last possible second makes you take uneccessary hits

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
He holds the ball too long at times, but the OL---especially Erving---was bad. Erving is one of the worst players I have ever seen.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Man, I have total respect for Josh. Dude is the ultimate team player and warrior and just listening to his press conferences you can tell how important it is for him. I really hope he is ok and that we protect him better. He doesn't deserve being hit as many times as he was.

He was hit as many times as he was because he holds the ball as long as possible.

He holds the ball way to long but listening to post game pressers, every player on this team respects him and sees him as their leader. He may just steady the ship for all the youth to learn along the way.

Question would be how long he can remain in there taking this many hits.

I do feel the line could do a bit better protecting him, even though he holds to long.

He is an excellent example to these young players looking to leadership to build their professional character.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Completely agree Cjrae.

Unfortunately, I fear we may hear news today that his MRI isn't good and he will be out for a bit. Miami are beatable as are the Redskins. Sure would be good to win a couple, get Josh & Armonty back and go against Brady and NE 2-2.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
He holds the ball too long at times, but the OL---especially Erving---was bad. Erving is one of the worst players I have ever seen.

Oniel Cousins...bad?

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Ray Farmer had 4 1st round picks and 14 overall picks in the top 4 rounds in two drafts, FOURTEEN. 4 of them are already gone. Bitonio is the only above average player, a Guard drafted 35th overall. There are some some useful players, but most of them are part time players. No difference maker out of four 1st round picks....and that's after TRich, Weeden and Mingo.

And then we pass Wentz for a WR who will never be a factor going over the middle of the field. So depressing

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
And then we pass Wentz for a WR who will never be a factor going over the middle of the field. So depressing
You have passed this judgement after the kid missed most of pre-season with an injury and has played 2 games in the NFL. This shows promise of a nice offensive weapon. It's way too early to pass judgement on his career path.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Are you really complaining about a WR who had a 100 yard, 2TD game?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Browns' Josh McCown out with left shoulder injury; Cody Kessler will start vs. Dolphins

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/09/browns_josh_mccown_out_with_le.html#incart_2box

BEREA, Ohio — Another week, another Browns starting quarterback down with a left shoulder injury in Josh McCown. And now, the Browns are starting a rookie at quarterback in third-round pick Cody Kessler.

Barring a veteran quarterback coming in and taking over, Kessler will be the 26th quarterback to start for the Browns since 1999.

McCown, 37, is out indefinitely with the left shoulder injury suffered during Sunday's 25-20 loss to the Ravens, and Kessler will start Sunday against the Dolphins in Miami. McCown follows in the footsteps of Robert Griffin III, who's out at least 8-12 with a fractured left shoulder.

"Trust me, here we come,'' Hue Jackson said, playing off his draft day remarks to have faith in him on what seemed like a reach in the third round for Kessler. "We'll see what that statement was all about."

Jackson said McCown is week-to-week with his injury, but a league source told cleveland.com he's likely to miss multiple games. As a result, the Browns will look to add a veteran quarterback as soon as possible. The Browns are embarking on a grueling stretch of four of their next five games on the road, and they're already in the process of looking for an experienced quarterback.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Josh McCown...might be the Browns best QB.

Link Copied to Clipboard